ONE WEEK AT A TIME beginning April 2nd 2019

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Birdy76
    on

Hi can any of you please give me some advice on recording my meals when on nights? So even though I didn’t sleep yesterday and went onto nights I ate breakfast and lunch but my dinner was at midnight. I had factored my dinner into yesterday’s calories but did it count? I am a little confused and feel it is going horribly wrong. I think it is probably down to sleep deprivation though. Birdy💞

• posted by Birdy76
    on

Omg Sunshine- girl I really thought I was going mad. Due to sleep deprivation I am on the verge of tears. My dog decided to bark continually at 12 today so it resulted in me only having 4 hours sleep after being awake since 6.50am yesterday. I thought I had done something wrong on here and had been banned! I am loving this plan but if I didn’t have such an amazing community on here I think I would not do as well and end failing. Sorry for being a Debbie downer. Birdy💞

• posted by GreenGal
    on

Hey Guys,
    Wonder if anyone could help me with a couple of questions:
    First: how many calories & carbs in 100g bacon – I can’t seem to find reliable nutrition stats anywhere..
    Second: when doing the Fast 800 – should I really be sticking to an eating window of 12:12? This is my first round. I am having 3 meals and also having a snack of nuts or a piece of cheese in between. Should I cut that out and stick to the 3 meals no snacks or should I reduce my eating window?
    So far I have lost 3lbs in 3 days.. if I can get up to 7lbs for this first week then will be happy as it will give me a real boost. Going for a run tonight to try and help me get into ketosis as I don’t think I am there yet.
    Thanks so much for your help! You guys are all inspiring! xx

• posted by alliecat
    on

GreenGal, according to fatsecret, 100g of bacon contains 541cal. and 1.43g of net carbs. That’s a lot of bacon 🙂
    Calories vary per thickness for 1 slice, but at med. thickness that’s about 43 cal. About 70% of the cals. are
    from fat. Think “moderation”!

• posted by Esnecca
    on

Bacon is not one single thing always made in the same way. Check the nutritional panel on the package. Some are leaner than others, some have been honey smoked, some have sugar in the ingredients list.

• posted by GreenGal
    on

Birdy, Yes I second Skipping, how are you doing and is the bloating any better? I really think it must be so difficult to manage to do nights anyway.. I would want to reward myself for just staying awake all night, so managing to prep a meal to eat and stick to the plan shows real devotion well done! Hope you have had a better day today!

• posted by GreenGal
    on

Allie and Esnecca – thanks for the tips! I find 100g an easy amount to divide up in the food trackers .. say I eat 30g, it’s easier to find the values of 100g and then say put the portion size as 0.3, don’t worry I promise not to use 541cals of my 800 on bacon 🥓 however tempting that is 🤣. Also I was reading the book and have decided to try harder to keep to the 12:12 TRE and maybe decrease that window even more as I go on over the next few weeks to 14:10 etc etc thanks again have a great evening all!

• posted by LucyAB
    on

Hi Everyone,

I am late in joining this but I wanted to say that it is true about taking it one week at a time!

I started this about three weeks ago and did really well at first. I ate some rubbish last weekend mainly due to emotional reasons (my daughter had returned from a week in China with the school) as usual which is where I start sliding down the slippery slope… but I have got back to it and am doing well again. I actually think I am starting to lose the mindset of ‘ I’ve failed today so I’ll give up!’ type of mentality. This is a first for me.

When I last posted I said I was going to try and do some exercise … I have finally plucked up the courage to book my induction at the local gym for this Saturday and am going to set myself a timetable of gentle gym exercises and swimming as often as possible.

I’m not losing large amounts but am not letting that worry me as it’s the control over eating that I really need at the moment.

I hope everyone else is doing well!

Lucy

• posted by Birdy76
    on

Hi skipping and GreenGal my stomach is thankfully back to normal thank you. Tonight I have again prepared my Thai red curry from the book and my pepper with jewelled feta so covered for tonight. I also had a spring onion and mushroom omelette for breakfast and five raspberry’s so my carbs and calories are on track. Yippee! Looking forward to a weekend off and enjoying my brunch’s.. hope you guys are all ok? Speak to you all tomorrow’s Birdy💕

• posted by Custardcrumble
    on

Morning All! So today’s the day… 8 weeks done! At the beginning it seemed like such a long time but with such marvellous support here and with the boost of seeing pretty significant weight loss in the early weeks, it wasn’t too hard to keep motivated. Then came the dreaded plateau… Still, reading about everyone’s experiences and staying focused on things other than weight loss, I got through it and here I am today, 23 1/2 lbs down on my starting weight (4 1/2 lbs in the last week!), a different shape and feeling great :oD
    One of the best things is that I have made myself take time to prepare nice meals again. I love cooking but trying to fit it in after work and a 2 hr commute, whilst feeding 2 hungry boys was never easy. But now, when portions and frequency of eating have decreased, it’s all about enjoying the food, so I’ve got the kitchen gadgets back out, invested in some marvellous ingredients and am cooking from scratch every day. It’s wonderful! Coupled with the fact that I *always* have leftovers I can freeze and have a quick and nutritious meal another day, the extra effort is definitely worth it.
    I still have a way to go. My initial target is still 7kg away (and that’s just my ‘take time to re-assess’ target) but I’ve crept into the next kg decade bracket and am well on my way to being the lightest I’ve been for nigh on 20 years! So, another week of Fast 800 and then we’re off to Italy for a week over Easter. I’ll still be avoiding the carbs and eating sensibly but I won’t be counting calories too seriously – and there will definitely be some wine! I’ll take the time to reflect on what I’ve achieved and where to go next. The intent is to get back on the 800 after Easter and to try to shift those 7kg (plus Italian wine weight).
    So, to all of you who have helped me get here (and I know I’ll forget someone, sorry!): Allie, 6 Turkeys, SG, Sunny B, Wendleg, Skipping, Duckie, JGwen & ShellBob, an enormous and heartfelt *Thank you* from me and Mrs CC!
    And don’t worry, I’m sticking around – posting occasionally when I can fit it in!
    CC

• posted by sixturkeys
    on

Hurrah CC! And Mrs CC! Have a lovely holiday in Italy. And yes do keep in touch!

• posted by SunnyB
    on

WooHoo!!! Brilliant news Mr & Mrs C/Crumble! Please do stay with us as you continue on your BSD path. Have a truly wonderful time in Italy. There’s a new thread for sharing holiday tales, so we’ll look forward to reading about your trip and the yummy BSD friendly Italian food you find.
    Wish a great BSD w/e to one and all.

• posted by Cherrysoup
    on

Wow that’s amazing CC!! Hope you have a fantastic time in Italy 🙂
    Just out of interest how do you all handle holidays or just social events in general? Do you go full out eat whatever, or eat carefully avoiding the really bad stuff but have a good time still? I have a real fear that if I so much as look at a piece of cake or a pie I will put back every pound I’ve lost and more, but I really don’t want to be the miserable one that never touches the food people give them either!!

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Hi Cherrysoup – eating out and holidays feel really daunting when you are first following this WOE, but you will soon find you can make wise choices in social situations. Your palate will change as well, making a lot of the things you currently still find alluring, much less appealing.
    Personally, I try to make the wisest BSD friendly choice, avoiding as much of the bad stuff as I can. Having said that, there will be a glass or to of wine here, or a small ice cream there. This is done mindfully, in the knowledge that some later damage control will be necessary. I should point out I’ve never been T2 and have been with this regime since 2016 – and am in maintenance too. However, this is the approach I have always had and although it probably meant it took me longer to reach target weight, it was the right approach for me. Some people prefer to be always be relentless and not ever stray, so I guess it’s something each person has to decide for themselves. What we can say definitely though, is that this way of eating is for life, because to return to our old patterns will definitely return us to square one.

on

Thanks All :o)
    CherrySoup, my way won’t work for everyone – it’s definitely a personal choice but I realised on day 1 of the BSD that there’s never a good time to start and I was just going to go for it regardless, as losing the pounds was more important to me than eating cake (or in my case pies!) So I have more or less stuck full on to the BSD regardless. To put it into context, Day 1 was a Chinese New Year sleepover with the Cubs (4 course Chinese meal!) at which I ate very little and zero carbs. Day 2 was father in law’s 80th birthday celebration – no alcohol, potatoes, starter or dessert for me. Day 3 was family 80th celebration – roast dinner (no pots again, no wine). Day 6 was Valentines day – meal out – no wine! Week 2, I was skiing in Slovakia (land of cheese and dumplings!) – managed to be sensible (didn’t always count and there was lots of approximation and too much fruit) and lost a pound (1 glass of wine, 1 small beer). Week 3 was my father’s 70th, week 4 was cub camp (and curry night!) And we had new starter lunches at work…
    So the only way for me was to let people know what I was doing and to avoid the carbs. Mostly this was straightforward – I can tell that cakes are empty calories – but I did miss the wine and beer.
    I guess it depends why you’re doing this and whether you’re in it for a quick fix or the long term. I didn’t need to watch blood sugar but I did need to lose 3-4 stone! For me it started as a quick fix, en route to generally a lower carb lifestyle. Now I feel very much more that it’s shaping the way I want to live long-term – not the 800 but the better food, better choices, low carb. And it’s brought bonuses along the way – so many people noticing the change in body shape and a love of cooking fresh :o)
    Good luck – and don’t worry about the odd cake – as long as it’s only the odd one!
    CC

• posted by Cherrysoup
    on

Thanks CC I think I will be following much the same route. Fortunately I’m not a fan of alcohol (I Know!!) so that helps but I really am a fan of pretty much everything else. I want to get rid of about 5/6 stones so it’s going to take some proper determination, and I think sticking to it all the way will be much easier than having a bad day and trying to get back in again. Having said that I’m human and will not always be able to resist!!

on

CherrySoup, I think that’s exactly right, you’re human! So when those days or moments come along, don’t beat yourself up for going off track. Enjoy the moment but don’t let a whole day go just because of one dodgy snack or meal. Recognising these things as a one-off and then getting back to it is part of the process. I can’t see me doing a week in Italy without a gelato – but I’m not going to beat myself up for that :o)
    Looking forward to seeing your progress over the coming weeks and months – good luck!
    CC

• posted by Patricia1066
    on

Custardcrumble, that’s a great result!

I think that the point of the 800 regime is first to get us to identify the healthy fat, protein and carbs, because there’s no room for empty or high carb calorie foods; second to relish the food we can eat; third, to give ourselves time to cook and eat mindful of our good health.

That’s just what you described. The reason it’s occasionally hard is where you cannot join in by eating and drinking (and explaining why) or if you do you have higher BSL and are out of ketosis for a while. Your solution is very low key and effective.

Personally, I am able to handle 50g carbs and stay in ketosis. I feel very fortunate in that, especially as my husband has matched his food to mine, and is losing inches around his middle.

My TDEE has increased by 500 calories per day due to moving more, and so I am discarding more since the end of the 8 weeks than before.

• posted by alliecat
    on

I can really appreciate your level of commitment on holiday/special occasions, CC.! Your choices are
    “how its done” Bravo!!!

Thank you for sharing your positives, too, Patricia. How nice that you and your husband can make
    these changes together! It’s certainly a huge help not to have to have contraband in the house! Have
    you seen our “Positive Thoughts” thread? The last paragraph in your post re TDEE would be great to
    see there.

Have a marvelous weekend, everyone!

Allie

• posted by Esnecca
    on

I’ve been to Italy twice since I reached my goal and had no difficulty whatsoever in avoiding pasta, pizza, bread, sweets, alcohol and all the rest of the poisons disguised as comfort. I had wonderful meals of fish, meat, good veg and omg the best cheeses. If anything I found it easier to eat properly in Rome than in the US because it’s completely normal over there to have appetizers of marinated artichokes, say, a main course of roasted sea bass with a side of sauteed chickory and a cheese plate instead of dessert. In no way was I the “miserable” one and nobody batted an eye at my choices. In fact, more than once the whole party ordered what I had ordered because it smelled and looked so delicious when it arrived.

This widespread notion that equates carbs with party/fun/joy is a dangerously pernicious one, not a neutral value. It bears significant cultural responsibility for levels of obesity and diabetes that have reached official pandemic status worldwide. On a personal note, I think it’s important to make an effort not to engage that mindset. I take joy in many foods and I live such a rich life now that I’m not weighted down with hundreds of painful excess pounds. Eschewing carbs is the polar opposite of misery. It’s liberation.

• posted by Skipping through the tulips
    on

CC, well done to you and enjoy your holiday. Your proposals for eating on your holiday sound really sensible and I’m going to follow suit when I’m off on mine in 10 days.
    I don’t see too much of a problem since Spanish food is generally quite healthy and low carb options are plentiful. I might have trouble avoiding a paella but I’m not going to let that derail my intentions.
    Three more packs of butter (800g) lost since Monday. It really does make me feel like I’m walking on air all day when the scale fairy blesses me.
    Happy Friday and wishes for lovely weekends

• posted by alliecat
    on

Hear, hear, Esnecca! But then you already know that you and I have always shared the same swing or
    chair lift 🙂 Not only is it liberation to not be be tempted by rubbish any longer, but literally life saving
    for the two of us! I always find it a bit surreal that between us we’ve discarded 340lbs! That’s 2 people,
    my friend 🙂 🙂 🙂

• posted by Esnecca
    on

I never thought of it that way, Allie. If we’d gone out together Before, we’d have been a foursome! 😆

on

340 lbs?!!! Just wow!
    Loving the counting by packs of butter on Positive Thoughts – 43 packs for me 🙂

on

CC it’s 35 packs for me so far. When i’m feeling tempted its nice to think of all that fat just sitting there.

• posted by Birdy76
    on

Morning (well afternoon for you guys🤣)

Well done CC what amazing news! You should be so proud of yourself for overcoming all this social events and coming out victorious! My gosh what a first week you had. Enjoy your holiday, I haven’t to Italy since I was a child but loved it and visited Venice as well as Lake Garda and stayed in Lake Como, I have never seen Watermelons like that again in over 30 years! They enormous and so so sweet.

Glad everyone has had a good week and I am looking forward to popping over to the positive thread and having a good read and adding my own. As always your guidance and advice guys is second to none and over the last two nights I don’t think I would have got through it without you all 🌹🌹.

I have weighed myself today and I must say I am very happy with my results so far! I lost 12lbs and nearly 6 inches around my waist already! Could I ask you guys to pinch me so I know I am not dreaming!🤣👊🏻 . Every diet I have ever done would have taken me a lot of time to lose that, what with lose a 1lb here and gain 2 there! I am so so happy. I am looking forward to a peaceful weekend with some me time, as my partner is away and my son is off to his dad’s. I also got 6 hrs sleep after my night shift because it is the start of the Easter break! Yippee.

I need some advice on which bathroom scales to get please. I am not worried if they don’t measure my BMI but I would like some accurate ones please. Also what does TDEE mean sorry might being a little thick there🤣.

So happy Friday everyone and good luck with next week and thank you again for all your support so far on this awesome journey. Birdy💞

on

Amazing Birdy and well done- that’s almost 22 packs of butter gone. I’ve just got the cheapest salter digital scales that I bought in the supermarket.

• posted by wendleg
    on

Can I join your foursome Allie and Esnecca ?? I have discarded a small person too 😉

I went to see my gyne surgeon today ( another little op is planned for early May folks) and he asked if my 22 kilo discard was a result of surgery !! SURTOUT PAS !! I exclaimed indignantly !! ( Absolutely not 😉 My discard is nowhere near as spectacular as yours Esnecca but it reminded me of your appointment and the nurse’s assumption you had had bariatric surgery !!
    I’m with you on Italian food. It was delicious and easy to avoid carbs. Sea bass and marinated veg were on my radar too.

Interesting discussion about social /holiday eating. It doesn’t equate to carb overload for me because that is what made me weigh 16stone. Why would I want to sabotage my efforts to improve my health ? Cherrysoup ,cakes and pies will in time hold very little appeal. I couldnt care less if I never ate a bun again. Don’t be fearful of food ! You are in charge , not the pud !!! Esnecca is spot on.It’s liberating being free of what is basically an addiction .

• posted by Birdy76
    on

Thank you skipping I thought it was 24 packs🤣🤣🤣 wishful thinking🤣. I have salter for my kitchen scales and they are good and easy to use too. Have a fab weekend🌷🌷🌷

• posted by Madmare
    on

I had forgotten how wonderful you all are and how good it feels to be able to be able to be honest about stuff
    Thank you Allie, sunshine-girl, Cherrysoup and SunnyB for your kind words.
    It has made a difference already.
    I have always wondered how to spell ‘phwoarrrr’! May have to start using it!
    A great result Birdy this WOE really works.
    Now to face the weekend which has always been my downfall. I have discovered some wonderful low alcohol fizzy wine that tastes like Prosecco
    It really helps

• posted by GreenGal
    on

Birdy, YESSSS! 12lbs is awesome well done .. super happy for you! For me its 4lbs but I can see it in my face already which is good.. Have a wonderful weekend, I will be interested to see what our numbers are on Monday morning which will be our first week done! We got this!

• posted by GreenGal
    on

To all the posters that have lost full on grown up size people amounts of weight….Allie, Esnecca, JGwen, wedleg. I salute you! I can only imagine how hard it was and how dedicated you must have been to lose those kind of amounts but WoW its totally inspiring… thanks for all your support on the forum, so crucial for us newbies in the early stages!

• posted by Californiagirl
    on

Hi to everyone! I apologize for not posting, but I’ve been crazy busy — so many good things going on and lots of new posters!!
    Woodduckie, you have a wonderful time on your adventure cruise! I’m looking forward to your reports!
    My positives, omg, so many!
    1.) we found a house to rent in Bath — it’s perfect for me, OH and two dogs. OH will have to commute a bit further to Bristol but they have already told him he can work at home a day a week! I tried so hard (I saw 18 houses) to rent in Bristol or nearby like Clifton or Henleaze but there just wasn’t anything that would work. But it’s good because for me it will be wonderful to be in Bath and there is so much there — exercise venues and good grocery stores etc.
    2.) OH loves his new job — he’s excited and happy and the company is equally excited so it all feels like a good fit.
    3.) I haven’t indulged in anything, food wise. In fact, I have found it hard to eat enough BUT the reason for that is that so many meals here are totally CARB — I am feeling sympathy for all Brits — your food offers are really carb loaded and I have to be very specific about what I want. I ordered a “avacado and pomegranate salad” which SOUNDS good, but it was rice based, no greens — lesson learned, I will ask more detail later (I just ate the avocado).
    Even the grocery stores are heavy carb and everything is packed in plastic, very hard to negotiate.
    Great double cream though! And I love a extra hot pot of tea (no milk) in the afternoon.
    I will check back in soon — it’s just been so very very busy — miss reading your posts!
    Keep keeping on — so many success stories —
    Californiagirl in Bristol

• posted by Jennie10
    on

Californiagirl
    I love Bath (and Bristol where I was a student). I hope you and your OH enjoy your new home.
    Jennie
    Btw, if you like history the Roman Baths are worth a visit.

• posted by wendleg
    on

Good to hear from you , Julia and to hear that your plans are all falling into place ! Bath is a great choice . It’s a lovely place and I am sure you will enjoy your new life there. I just hope you can adapt to the climate ?? Is this a long term contract for your O/H ?
    Oh yes, double cream ….yum but without the scones and jam in those English Cream Teas 😉
    I am not so familiar with British supermarkets these days but there must be some farmers markets in the town ?

Maybe Sunny can give you some pointers ?

• posted by Birdy76
    on

Thank you GreenGal I am in shock and awe! But you have done really well too hun🥰. You have to remember I am a lot larger than you so my weight loss will be quicker to start with. But 4lbs is no small thing as on a normal diet that could take anything from two weeks to a month! We are also changing our lifestyle and not just on a diet we will get bored with. I am enjoying finding out all the different amounts of carbs in food and then avoiding them for the ones with less! It feels like a sneaky game and I am cheating the dealer if you catch my drift? In a good way I mean🤣🤣. Yes it will be interesting to see the results on Monday.

We have smashed this week out of the park and I am surprised how the hunger has stayed away. I now have five days until I am back on nights so I am going to enjoy trying new meal ideas and gett8ng some decent sleep. I hope you have a fantastic weekend. Birdy💞

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Wow, 27 BSD mails in my in box since yesterday. Sorry I cant acknowledge everyone. Just one I can answer but I had to look it up. TDEE Total Daily Exercise Expenditure. I dont worry too much, I exercise and that is a bonus but dont count it against calories in calories out, it is just my normal daily life. Same with BMR – I am supposed to eat 1800 cals just to keep myself alive and 2400 to be at a normal weight. How I laughed – wish I knew how to do emojis.

Well done Birdy. I find this diet so motivating, loss after loss and even if I have a small gain I know I can deal with it easily.
    Californiagirl – oh how I agree. Every time I am back in the UK I dread eating out or looking for snacks (light lunch) in supermarkets for travelling. Buy a nice salad and it is either rice, pasta or couscous. I have found some good choices in M&S Food but that is about it. My daughter is following the Fast800 so hopefully I will get some alternatives to stew, mash and dumplings (no veg) so I just eat the meat. She is now doing mashed celeriac and cauliflower rice so I might survive my next visit.

BG dropped slightly back to 6.8 which is just at the top of my normal and weight has dropped a smidge too. I hope you lot are shouting at me not to have any wine this weekend and ruin it all. I should be okay as hubby has cardiologist tomorrow morning (I thought it was next week) so he is not drinking. Unfortunately, he is getting scared to do anything so I hope it is good news and the medication is working and we can go an enjoy our holiday.

Enjoy the weekend everyone.

• posted by Birdy76
    on

Thank you sunshine-girl hope all goes well for your hubby tomorrow💕. I am able to stay away from the pub tonight becasue my partner is away🤣. I am toying with idea of a little gin and slimline tonight for a treat but I am a little frightened🤣. I have not touched any since last Friday and that was liquid bread! I am on my iPad so I have an emoji keyboard otherwise I wouldn’t be abke to add them either. But you can do the ones with commas and dots. 😉 ;p <3 and so on 😉

• posted by Cherrysoup
    on

Milestone day for me, I’M 1 STONE DOWN!!! 😃(Sorry about the shouting!)
    Day 18, no more heartburn, cravings nearly gone, in a notch on the belt and resting heartbeat dropped from 68 to 56.
    Stuff you Thyroid you will not beat me!!
    Still not sure about that zip wire though 🤔😱

• posted by wendleg
    on

Turkeys !! I am inching closer to 12stone….just thought I would share as we often discuss this figure.
    Thinking of you and your hubby, Sunshine . Hope all goes well so you can plan your holiday free of uncertainty. I saw my gyne surgeon yesterday and a little op is scheduled for 7th May. I love that about France…no waiting around.

DON’T HAVE ANY WINE THIS WEEKEND !!! (just shouting at you 😉 )
    Do you want me to shout at you too, Birdy ??? ( Only joking , I am a gentle soul)

Have a great weekend everyone.It’s often a quiet time on the thread but check in, there is Always someone to ‘chat’

Amz………..we haven’t seen you back after your post this week. I hope you feel you can get bck in touch.We are here to help xxx

• posted by wendleg
    on

Just read your post, Cherrysoup ! That is FANTASTIC !!!!!!! Feel free to shout !! Keep going , it’s working !!

• posted by sixturkeys
    on

Just checking in with a coffee after a bout of “doing a Duckie” ie sorting out some more drawers etc throughout the house (what is it with STUFF?), and well done Wendleg! NO WINE THIS WEEKEND message received!!! I must say that talk of matters gynae make me cross my legs very firmly…Off to do some ironing and also have more cerebral work to get on with, which will require knuckling down, so till next week!

• posted by Cherrysoup
    on

Thanks Wendleg, and the best bit is I’ve just worked out that 1stone = exactly 500 Tesco custard cream biscuits! (My favourite) so from now on I’m going to focus particularly on losing my biscuit 😂

• posted by Birdy76
    on

Well done cherrysoup that is an amazing loss. As for resting heartbeat mine is stuck between 71-72 and has been for a while. Also I tested my blood this morning and it hasn’t been below 5.9-5.5 for along time and today it was 4.7. Love this WOE.

• posted by Cherrysoup
    on

That is great news on the bloods birdy! I put my heart rate down to my hypothyroid. I wish it was because I’m an elite athlete but… 🥴

• posted by Birdy76
    on

Thank you cherrysoup🍒. I love your biscuit loss🤣. Looking at our fat like that and the butter one is so funny and lighthearted it helps🥰🌈. I am now trying the intermittent fasting more( I think that is what our guru’s call it) I didn’t want to try at first as when I have dieted in the past if I didn’t eat regularly I would get extreme headaches. I haven’t had one all week so I am going to longer without eating. The guys on here have been amazing and they guru’s to me. You know you are guys. I am of to south of France in August and I hoping to have a better beach body by then.👙🐋🤣. My partner has always preferred a more rounded woman but of late I have taken it to the exstreme and now I want to be a size 16 not a 20. I am not at the biggest I have been as that was a size 24! But that was not long after my son was born and I was in a crap relationship with his father! I lost 3and half stone after getting rid of him and I want to be that size again. I could by clothes in any shop although the sizes did fluctuate with different brands(which is always the case!). But 16 was what I mostly bought. Had a couple of 14’s too🤣. So here I am one week at a time and enjoying all my new discoveries.

I don’t know much about thyroid all I know is one can make you lose weight and the helps you put it on is that right? Sorry for my ignorance. But we are doing well and that is just amazing. Birdy💞

• posted by wendleg
    on

Yes, getting rid of a toxic relationship was a good move, Birdy 😉 Not that long ago I was wearing sizes 20 and 22 and size 16 was my goal . …just to be a ‘normalish’ size on the high street .I am there now and you will be too !

Where are you going to in the South of France ?

• posted by Birdy76
    on

Thank you Wendleg yes getting rid of toxic waist is always goog🤣. We go down near bezier. I th8nk that is how you spell it🤣. We have gone there the last three years in a row, love it but the drive is sooooo long🤣. We are breaking it up this year on the way down and staying over night at a friends place near Vichy. We love to bring back our year of supply wine so that is why we drive. Maybe this year our wine will last longer as I won’t be drinking that often at all,🤣🤣.

• posted by Cherrysoup
    on

I’ve done the up and down too birdy – biggest also 24 (26 tops if I’m honest) I’m now an 18 bottom and 22 top but would love to be a 14/16 which I think would be my happy place. Never been smaller than that in adulthood. You sound like you have a top man there who doesn’t judge which is so important ❤️
    No ignorance at all on the thyroid, I know nothing about blood sugars so we’re pretty even! 😁 I take 175mg of levothyroxin daily as I have Hashimotos where antibodies have attacked my thyroid so I don’t produce thyroxine any more which is what regulates the whole metabolism. I’m sure there are plenty of others in here with the same having read past threads!

Please log in or register to post a reply.