ONE WEEK AT A TIME BEGINNING 23rd OF APRIL

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by wendleg
    on

Hi everyone. Travelling in the car to Stratford upon Avon listening to soothing music by Freya Riding because I am a stress head in the car 😱. Will catch up on the thread too. That will distract me…also thoughts of new bloomers. Have a great weekend everyone xx

• posted by Birdy76
    on

That sounds great Wendleg my lovely. I forgot to mention that my resting heart rate has gone from 71 to 66 so I am a fitter bird now💞🦜😝

• posted by RachelKnapp
    on

Hi bobtail
    I started my BSD journey on the 23rd too and I’m pleased to say the weight loss so far has been really motivating! I also have Hypothyroidism and high cholesterol and although not diagnosed I’m sure I have prediabetes. So glad I bought the book and started this WOE.
    I agree with you about being in control of eating, it’s almost freeing not to be looking for sugary and high carb stuff all the time, this time we eat to live not live to eat eh!!
    You have a good weekend too.

• posted by arcticfox
    on

Hi everyone, it’s been quite a difficult week stress-wise for me, but I have finally had a decent night’s sleep and feeling a bit more positive about things as a result. I noticed that my jeans were fitting a bit looser yesterday so today I tried on the next size down ones that I was wearing regularly before I had my accident and I got them on and did them up! They are still not wearable in public as I’d be afraid of bursting the seams as soon as I sat down, but I wasn’t even able to get them fully up over my hips for a while there, so a bit of progress has been made.
    Birdy, thanks for the encouraging words and suggestions. I have been reading a good book for a few minutes each night before going to bed, and that does help somewhat. I have been using a herbal sleep aid this week with valerian, passionflower and lemon balm and that seems to be helping as well. I remembered I had it in my bathroom cupboard from a time a few years ago when I had really high anxiety and my GP tried to put me on anti-depressants but the side effects for me were so horrible that I went looking for a viable alternative, and this was it.
    I managed to get my flat on the market this week as my boss has agreed to let me move to an office closer to family. It will likely improve my life in the long run, but is just another stressor on top of everything else at the moment. I had someone ask me a long time ago ‘why do you always have to make life so difficult for yourself?’. I didn’t really know the answer then and I still don’t know. I never think of it as being something I am doing deliberately, but when I look back over decisions I have made and the types of stress I tend to stack up on myself, it does make me wonder.
    Anyway, I haven’t had time to do more than skim the other posts, but it does seem like many others are seeing good results this week, so hopefully we can all keep this up as we move into next week!

• posted by Birdy76
    on

Hi Articfox glad I could help in some way. Glad your boss is allowing you to move, I am sure being nearer to family will be a great help. Fabulous news on the jean front, they soon fit and be ready to step out in public, of that I am sure. Keep on keeping on hun we are all cheering you on.💞🦜

• posted by Anntics63
    on

Good Morning lovely people

Since my first post on here a few days ago and putting myself ‘out there’, I have been AWOL, not in a bad way though.
    I have been busy focusing on my ‘WHY’, reading copious amounts of GOOD stuff (mainly about BSD) and putting all that into practice. I have been sticking to the 8 week BSD and incorporating some walking each day, and adding in strength training as per the guidelines in the book.

I have been tracking everything I put in my mouth through my fitness pal. Loving the variety of food, and have not once felt hungry. I am managing to stick under or just on the 800 calories.
    I have a question for the brains trust……
    In the 8week BSD book the calories are recorded so it gives you an idea of what you are having, HOWEVER when I weigh and record everything in my fitness pal, there is some noticeable differences in the calories. What do you suggest? Stick to what the book says or go by the food tracker in my app?
    So far this is the only thing that is giving me grief.
    I spend so much time weighing and worrying about my food intake, and the calories, I am afraid I will lose interest!

Your input would be greatly appreciated. ❤️🙏🏻😘

• posted by Birdy76
    on

Good morning Antics yes not knowing you are doing ok can get to you, but I can assure you that you are doing it right. The general opinion is that the book is out by quite a bit. Nothing is exact but if you go by your fitness app it will be a lot closer than what is printed in the book. Please don’t get discouraged or disheartened as we can all assure you that this WOE really works! There are people on here that know a lot more about getting your sums right, but if you look up or read the nutrition on the packets then you can get a good idea what each food has got in the way of carbs, protein and fat. They do it in 100g servings on almost everything so we can work it out easier, but there will always be contradictions. We have to trust that what is on the labels is also correct but we are all doing the same. If you weigh your food and put it into your app you are going to get as close as any of us. But have no fear someone else will be along soon who knows more than I do and Will probably explain it a little better than me. I truly hope this has helped hun. Keep on keeping on and I/we promise you that you will see results and be pleased with them. Good luck and please know we have all got your back and are cheering you on. Birdy 💞🦜

• posted by Anntics63
    on

Thank you Birdy
    I am so grateful for any advice and help.
    I had a feeling the book was a little out!
    I must say in just a few short days, I am feeling less bloated, more energy and positive that this is the way forward.
    Other than the BSD recipes from the book, is there other good resources, recipes etc that will be of benefit?

Truly thankful
    ❤️😍

• posted by Skipping through the tulips
    on

Hi Anntics,
    When you first start logging things in MFP it does seem very long winded but it soon gets quicker and has become second nature in just a few weeks for me. I eat the same amount of a few things on a regular basis so they are on my history list. Soups and the like I’ve prepared recipes for and amend when necessary. Scanning the barcode also speeds things up.
    For me it really is the only way to keep on track.

• posted by Jennie10
    on

Hi Anntics
    Great to hear you’re seeing some immediate results. Yes, you could try here https://www.dietdoctor.com/low-carb/recipes. Dietdoctor.com is a firm favourite for many people on here. As well as having lots of low carb recipes it also has some really useful visual guides as to the carb content of lots of different foods, interviews etc.

There is a recipe section on this website (which you’ve probably already seen!) and there is an old thread called Good Eats the low carb way (or something like that ( !?!) which is worth a search for, using the search box at the top right hand of this page. Also, you could try typing a particular food in the search box as there are also food tips/some recipes dotted around in old posts.

I’ve also read that if you google your favourite recipes or foods with the words ‘low carb’ in front you will usually get something. Never tried it myself.

Yes, as Birdy says, I use fatsecret.co.uk to calculate my cals and carbs and just go by that. I also save my meals on there so once you’ve inputted for a particular meal you don’t need to keep doing it. Same for MyFitnessPal, I think.

Jennie xx
    Edited: my post crossed with Skipping’s – so ‘Same for MyFitnessPal…..I now know. x

• posted by naomb
    on

Hi all,
    Seeking positivity today as I am trying to get back on track after a not so good day yesterday… Really under the weather at the moment so yesterday had a bit more to eat in the morning to try and perk me up a bit. Unfortunately lost all control and went way over the 800 mark!! Today I’m endeavouring to get back to the 800 mark to continue with this journey. Typically once I mess up I find it hard to park it, move on and carry on.

• posted by Patricia1066
    on

Naomb, you are here, back on track. You are doing great!

Yesterday was a short blip, just a few additional calories and if you kept that to low carb, it won’t affect your water weight.

Patricia

• posted by Birdy76
    on

Morning everyone I have started this weeks thread as the lovely wendleg is still on her travels, I hope I see you all over on the new thread and here’s to another week of this WOE. Happy Monday and see you all over there. One week at a time is a great thread for new and old☺️ See you there guys Birdy💞🦜

• posted by Claire4444
    on

Hi everyone just checking in after disappearing for the last week or so. Had a few slip ups last week and I’m still searching for my ‘why’ but today is a new day and I’ve had a great one. I’ve followed bsd to the letter- finally Yay! Hope everyone else is going well! Here’s to repeating it all tomoro!

Please log in or register to post a reply.