ONE WEEK AT A TIME BEGINNING 23rd OF APRIL

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Birdy76
    on

Hi everyone as you all may know the lovely Wendleg is going on holiday and I have said I would host this thread while she is away! You all know how this works and I am sure you will all be up for continuing this great thread! This thread as well as others has been invaluable to me and I am sure many others. I look forward to reading your posts in our normal enthusiastic way. I have never done this before but you can be sure that I and usual fantastic long timers will be here to support one and all. See you soon guys Birdy💞🦜

• posted by caronl
    on

Hi Birdy. Thank you for setting the thread up, and happy to help with advice/welcomes etc. Hope you have a good week.

• posted by wendleg
    on

Thanks Birdy ! You will do a sterling job of looking after everyone on the thread !

Caronl ! We are up to 99,625 posts on the forum !!

• posted by Birdy76
    on

No worries guys I am pleased to do it. I am at work until 2.30 tomorrow but I will be able to check emails and jump on.

Here’s to another great week!💞🦜

• posted by Buddhas wife
    on

Hello old-timers and newbies!
    Thank you Birdy for setting this upp! You will do great!!!🤗
    Feel so pleased to be back here with all of you. I joined mars 2018 and stayed till June. Total loss was amazing 18 kg, 40 lb! I know I owe all of it to you. Got back on track mars 2019 some 12 kg is still gone, and my goal now is to first get back to where a left last time. Later another 20 kg has to go.
    Looking forward to an amazing week in good company.
    As always any weight loss, no matter how tiny, is God enough for me this week.
    Good luck dear friends!
    Love
    ❤️❤️❤️

• posted by Anntics63
    on

I have always admired Michael Mosley and have most of his books. However, I have read, instigated, followed and fallen off the wagon so many times that I have lost count. Until now!!! I am hoping with the discovery of this website and the support from you lovely people will help me “find myself”.
    A little about me…. sorry if this is a long post, but I need to get it off my chest!
    I am a Personal Trainer Yes you heard right!!! What would a PT be doing on a site like this? Well I ask myself the same question every day! I have all the tools, experience and knowledge to know better. But things got in the way, I lost focus, I lost the love I had for myself and I just gave up. I AM HUMAN!
    Today, 23rd of April I was diagnosed with an extreme fatty liver. Today the 23rd of April, I am putting it out there that I need help to reduce my symptoms, to have the courage to ask for help. I look forward to positive vibes and feedback from you all.
    Thank you for your time

• posted by Claire4444
    on

Hi everyone
    I’ve never done anything like this or written on a blog but after trying my 1000th diet and failing and a lifetime of emotional eating I feel like I need to do things differently. I’ve done 5:2 before and felt great and I’ve even stuck with the blood sugar diet and lost a few kilos but I haven’t been able to keep it up. So here I am trying again and hoping to feed off some of your energy and suggestions:) looking forward to making changes one week at a time!

• posted by Patricia1066
    on

Hi Anntics63, welcome, you are in the right place to get support to make a fresh start, get your fatty liver clear again and enjoy the journey towards your goals.

I am your age, and the 800 and Michael Moseley was unknown to me until January this year. My previous experience of reducing calories was of failure and increasing weight, and like you I faced serious illness. My blood sugar levels are now under control, but I will need to keep this under review. I don’t have medications, so the woe (Way of Eating) is sufficient to keep it under control.

Are you on medication? Does your doctor know you intend to start the fast800?

• posted by Birdy76
    on

Morning guys and great to see the thread buzzing already and with a couple of new faces too! Welcome Antics63 and Claire4444. You have made the right choice in coming here. Antics I am so sorry that you have been diagnosed with a fatty liver, that would be the worse news for anyone let alone a PT. But don’t worry and pleases don’t beat yourself up! Like you say you are only human! Perfectly balanced and slim people get type 2 diabetes it is sometimes just out of our control. I am no expert on this WOE but I am now going into my 4th week. Before I started my bloods had been as high 6 and that is .1 clear of being prediabetic! My bloods have never really been below 5.8/5.6/5.5, just after one week my bloods tested 4.7 and now they are at 4.1. So I know this WOE works and I am sure it will work for you too. Like Patricia mentioned have you told your doctors that you are going on this WOE? It would probably be advisable to do so. Your liver will need time to heal but heal it will. Welcome again to our friendly nonjudgmental forum, there are lots of threads and most questions have been answered so just type in the search bar at the top a few key words and I am sure things you want to know will come up. If not then don’t worry I am sure someone will be along to answer your question for you. No question is a stupid one and there are quite a few people on here that have been on plan and are in maintenance and have for a considerable amount of time and they are our guru’s. We are all from different walks of life too. Don’t be shy and jump onto as many threads as You like.

Claire4444. I was in exactly the same place as you 4 weeks ago! I had never bogged or been involved in a forum, but that all changed when I come across this, I read and read and then read some more! I was nervous but Alliecat and the rest of the guys made me feel so so welcome that it was easy to get involved. The support we get here I have never had before ever and I truly believe if it hadn’t been for these guys and this forum I would have given up in the first week. This is the best thing I have ever done! I have discarded a stone and a half in just under three weeks and the inches are dropping off too. So welcome to you both and we wish you al, the luck in the world on your journeys. Birdy💞🦜

• posted by Kitcat
    on

Hi. Another newbie here. I’ve bought the book and plan to start next week but I’m not sure where to start! I’ve been reading your posts and recipes ideas and they sound great but I don’t know whether to do two meals or three meals or when would be best to eat my carbs…..I’ve really fallen off the wagon lately and my chocolate, crisps, bread and alcohol intake is through the roof! It’s so much harder to lose weight now than it used to be 😟

• posted by Birdy76
    on

Morning Kitcat and welcome. When I started I had three meals a day and incorporated my carbs in all my meals. You will find what is best for along your way. The main thing to do is get rid of all processed carbs first and then see how it goes. Remember to drink lots and lots of water and don’t worry if you get a few symptoms they will pass quickly. There are more experienced people in here than me and I am sure they will be along soon to help you. Welcome and good luck on your journey. We are all here to support you in whatever help you need. Birdy💞🦜

• posted by Claire4444
    on

Thankyou so much birdy it’s so nice to know there is support out there without the judgement. Can I ask if you have any tips for beating emotional eating? I have two young children and life is fun but challenging at times! Thankyou again for being so welcoming

• posted by Birdy76
    on

Hi Claire I know where you are coming from! I have been taking myself out of situations by walking my dogs. I know you may not have the time but walking takes you out of the way of food. Maybe take the children to the park or swimming? I also limit my son on the naughty things they may tempt me so it is not in the house and in easy grab if my hands🤣. I am sure there will be someone else along soon with more ideas as we are going through the same things. Birdy💞🦜

• posted by Squidge
    on

Hi everyone!

Anntics, we’re all human and have made mistakes and will make more. That doesn’t mean we can’t get ourselves to a healthy weight and reduce some other issues which are weight or diet related.

Kitcat, to start with I’d go for the number of meals you’re used to eating so you minimise the changes. The best time to eat carbs is NEVER!

• posted by Birdy76
    on

Squidge means white carbs like bread, pasta, rice and anything processed Kitcat. You are able to have a certain amount of vegetable carbs but you still have to be careful and your intake of them 💞🦜. Sorry squidge hope you don’t mind me adding that x

• posted by JGwen
    on

Hi Kitcat, welcome.
    I started back in October 2017 as Birdy suggests – by cutting out all the main sources of carbs, bread, pasta, rice, potatoes, sugar, flour etc. Then after a couple of weeks I started to use the app fatsecret on my phone to monitor what I was eating and what level of carbs, protein and fat was making up my 800 calories. Then I started to tweek the carb levels down, simply by checking how many carbs anything contains before eating it.
    Couple of tips, don’t rely on the large sugar information on the front of any package of food you pick up in the supermarket, look on the back of the packet where it will say carbs, of which sugar.
    I couldn’t follow most of the recipes in the book anyway because I don’t eat meat, but those who do say the calorie count is out on them.
    Heres the good news, once you get your carb levels down you will find it isnt hard to cut down on the number of calories, you will not have the same cravings for food.
    ———————————–
    Emotional eating is an interesting topic Claire.
    Part of the reason we get hungry is because high levels of carbs result in high insulin levels, so then our body can not access our fat stores so our body needs us to eat to provide us with fuel.
    You will get cravings for carb rich food at the start. Our gut bacteria do have ways of signalling to our brain to inspire us to eat, and all the little bacteria which can only survive if you are eating lots and lots of carbs are going to complain about being starved. – Thats OK. Now you know why you have a little voice in your head trying to tempt you off the path you have chosen its easier to handle.

Then there is the I deserve a treat element of hunger. So we have to think of treats for ourselves which are not food related and fit in with our lifestyles. It could be buying earings, or an extra plant for our balcony, or some more chickens mentioning no names. 🙂

But the best advice I can give you is to work out your own WHY.

Setting a target linked to scales comes with a number of problems. – Its something only you will see, so its not that powerful an influence when someone else is saying a little bit of cake wouldn’t hurt. The scales are a poor way to measure progress. – They will fluctuate daily depending on how bulky (weighty) the food in transit in your digestive system is, and where your body is on processing the water you drank the day before. Each litre of water weighs 1 kg (2.2lbs in old money) When you start eating low carb you may see a dramatic drop in weight, because your body holds water on a high carb diet, just as if you fall (or join in a celebration by stepping) off the waggon you will see a rapid weight gain as the body stores water. As you get healthier and maybe start to be more active, then, you will increase muscle and bone density so your weight will go up while your dress size goes down.

Some people are moved to despair by these fluctuations – which is why monitoring trends in weight and monitoring progress by monitoring inch loss is more beneficial than setting targets based on daily weighing. (Don’t forget that our bodies like to loose fat from everywhere before starting on our spare tyre.)

But to come back to finding your WHY, finding something which means a lot to you, it may be getting into a certain dress, or preparing for your holidays, or getting back to a sport you love, or being fit enough to play a game your children love. Something that means a lot to you is a much more powerful incentive when temptation calls than a plan to loose x lbs or y kg.

If you do fall off the waggon, just remember, all of us have and there will be someone here to put out a helping hand to climb back on.

• posted by Skipping through the tulips
    on

Hello Anntics,Claire and Kitkat,
    This is my 6th week and I’ve found the support advice and encouragement on here invaluable. I’d never followed a diet or been part of a forum either.
    For me weighing all my food and using an app to calculate what I was consuming in terms of carbs fats protein and calories was essential. I would have massively underestimated the carbs in lots of foods and been too generous with my portions. Yes, it was a complete pain in the first week. It did make me more mindful about what I was stuffing in my gob and soon gets so much quicker.
    I lost a lot of weight in the first week( mainly water ) and felt immediately slimmer,which was really motivating.
    Eating 800 cals seems ridiculous but I’ve hardly been hungry at all.
    When I’ve struggled the lovely folks here have helped out.
    I was in holiday last week and fell off the wagon after a few days but I’m still here and back on plan today. I’m not going to let a few days reverse the last 5 weeks.
    I have learnt to put on my trainers and get out of the house when I feel tempted to eat crap. You are going to be tempted so being prepared is going to help. For me, my scoffing time was around 6 so I’ve either made sure I’m busy, out or had something that I can eat and got the hell out of the kitchen.
    Taking control of what you eat is a very empowering.
    The last thing that has helped me is taking one week at a time and having short term goals.
    Sorry for all the waffle

• posted by Kitcat
    on

Thanks for the welcome and the advice! I’m at work so being brief but on the carb front – is a small amount of brown rice and oats ok? That’s how I’d understood it from the book and when I’m being good this is my method anyway – it’s the processed carbs that come back and get me!!
    I’m with you on the emotional eating Claire! Two kids under 6, one of whom is challenging, leads me to gin and crisps too frequently. 😬
    Exercise – how crucial is this? Time is a struggle although this can be an excuse for me. Are people finding they’re losing without exercising too much?

• posted by Claire4444
    on

Thankyou all for your distracting tips and JGwen for your sage advice and insight into those annoying gut bacteria – you have read my mind and I certainly do despair with the highs and lows of the scale. It was one of my concerns because the book recommends regular weighing. I will consider measuring more regularly instead. Thankyou all so much- you have given me so much to think about

• posted by JGwen
    on

Hi Kitcat,
    The level to aim for with carbs depends to some extent on the amount of weight you want to loose. If you are doing just a short stint with a single round of 8 weeks following the book, then I wouldn’t worry. – If you are someone with a lot of weight to loose and are considering multiple rounds of the BSD as some of us have done, then I would suggest moving on once you have got used to cutting out processed carbs to having the target of 20g of carbs and day, between 0.6 and 0.8g of protein per kg of TARGET weight, and make up the rest of the calories from healthy fats. – That will ensure you are in ketosis (fat burning) and so do not slow your metabolic rate down in the way that happens if you count calories when you include carbs in your diet.

I am sure Allie will be along later today to tell you about her experience, but you can loose fat without exercise it just takes a little longer. – Each lb of fat is equal to 3500 calories. –

• posted by Patricia1066
    on

Hi Kitcat,

What I did was REMOVED rice, pasta, muesli, porridge from the kitchen. My husband eats potatoes and bread so those remain, though I don’t plan to eat them.

Meal plans have been based on what we both like to eat, and instead of the potatoes, I eat extra dark green vegetables. Salads are not my thing, but it’s your plan, you adapt it to you. That includes the time and number of meals each day. I think there is advice already today to keep your meals on the current timetable; you have enough to contend with and you can vary things once you feel comfortable. There is a lot to take in, so that’s enough for now.

Exercise – do what you normally do, taking care of a child is energetic work. If you feel low and light headed have a bag of raw nuts handy if you like them. Basically, a source of fat or protein to power you past the toast and tea (or whichever high carb is calling out to you).

• posted by Jennie10
    on

Hi Anntics63
    Just wanted to drop in and say hello. I did the BSD as I have Type II diabetes (put it into remission) but I also had non-alcoholic fatty liver disease and this was also fixed by doing BSD (including keeping carbs lower). Others on here have done the same.

A few weeks ago I posted a link on the Take a Look at This Thread to a presentation by Dr David Unwin, a UK GP who treats patients with Type II diabetes, but in this presentation he also talks about the positive effects of this kind of diet on fatty liver disease (he starts this bit around 23 – 25 mins in) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TEYtRiPKBVA . I hope this helps.

Like you, and probably lots of others on here, I’ve tried lots of different diets to lose weight, and came to the BSD not really believing I could do it. I also had a job where I should have known better; and all the things you’ve said, I’ve also felt. But this way of eating is great and it works. Please don’t be too hard on yourself.; stick with it and things can and will change – promise.

Jennie xx
    Btw, It does take courage to ask for help and put yourself out there – so really, well done you.

• posted by Birdy76
    on

To all our amazing newbies please don’t put to much pressure on yourselves this a way of life and it will take time to get your head around it and we are all here to help you on your way. 4 Weeks in and I still make mistakes and have wobbles🤣. Once things begin to happen like discarding weight and inches you will know you are doing it right. We all discard at different rates and you will find that the inches come off in the most bizarre places first! Unfortunately I have noticed the slowest place for me is the one I want to lose and that is the spare tyre🤣. Everyone is always saying to me that this is a marathon not a sprint! Me I am a sprinter who is finally slowing down🤣. It will happen for us all, of that I am sure. Birdy💞🦜

• posted by Anntics63
    on

WOW 😲
    I am overwhelmed by all your support and responses. Thank you 🙏🏻
    I am still a little confused as to what program I should be doing. There are so many to choose from.
    I am thinking the fast 800 to begin with. I am going to see my doctor tomorrow and will inform her of my plans.

I wish all the newbies every success on your journey and the ones that have been doing this WOE I will be picking your brains.

Love and health to you all xx

• posted by Jennie10
    on

Hi Anntics63

If I’ve added to your confusion, apologies. I refer to everything as the BSD (Blood Sugar Diet). The diet I followed was the 8 weeks x 800 cals a day (although I did several rounds of 800 cals as I had a lot of weight to lose). This is what fixed my diabetes and fatty liver.

But, the thing that the book doesn’t really emphasise enough, I don’t think, is that a really key element to being successful is cutting out a lot of the major carbs – rice, pasta, potatoes etc and to keep your daily carbohydrate count low-ish. So, there is a lot of discussion on here about carbs, and the link I posted above is to the impact a food-based low carb diet similar to this has on fatty liver.
    Jennie
    xx
    There are food trackers you can use e.g. myfitmesspal and fatsecret.co.uk to help work out how many carbs and cals you are eating everyday.

• posted by Birdy76
    on

Great to see this thread busy! With newbies as well as the lovely usual suspects with there handy hints. I am sure the newbies have found it invaluable. Thank you everyone. 💞🦜

• posted by Birdy76
    on

Just making a soup and put all my ingredients into MFP and forgot to put in the bone stock🤣🤣. I don’t want to have to re typel it all again😢. It is just chicken bones boiled up on their own. Will it make much of a difference? I also put a few too many chilli flakes in as it is very spicy. Added red lentils to thicken it and set it for 4 servings it maybe a little high at 12.7g carbs 6.3g fat 36 for protein. I will use less chicken next time🤣🤣.

on

Birdy, you can add, delete and amend things in the recipes on MFP.

I’m in the last hour and a half of my first 24 hour fast and thinking i might have buggered it up. I’ve been drinking ginger water with a squeeze of lime this afternoon. and I’ve just realised lime is a fruit. fruit has sugar.Uff.

was just started to think I’d got this fasting lark all sorted.

• posted by sixturkeys
    on

Jennie, thanks for posting that link, it was a very interesting talk and he is a really engaging speaker. It set me thinking when he said that in 1986 he had 50 T2 patients and in 2018 his practice had 550. Because people were eating bread, potatoes etc in 1986. Is it because there has been so much expansion in the availability of “quick” processed food, more sugars snuck into everything (incl bread), bigger portions, more fizzy drinks guzzled, less physical exercise (ie not even walking to the shops)? His teaspoon of sugar values were really eye-opening.

• posted by Patricia1066
    on

Dr Fung identifies the number of times that we eat in the day keeps the insulin raised and leads to resistance.

Eating snacks was known to make you fat. Now eating many small meals is official advice from dieticians.

Taking a break from eating for 12 hours a day protected people from the processed foods which were popular in the 70s and 80s.

• posted by Birdy76
    on

Six turkeys I think he said there were 8 spoonfuls of sugar in one slice of white bread once the body had converted! It now frightens me every time my son goes for the bread! I have tried to explain to him and to think of something in its place. But he says he is not the one on a diet😢

• posted by Kitcat
    on

So I’ve sat down to write myself out a four week plan (takes me up to hols with the family) and I’m not sure where to start! I’m going to put some meals I like into myfitness app and see what they work out at in terms of protein, carbs etc but if anyone fancies posting an couple of example days that would be amazing!!

• posted by Patricia1066
    on

Birdy, sixturkies, try comparing the slice of bread with sugar in fatsecret or mfp and you find it’s pretty bad but not as bad as 8 tsp sugar.

https://davidduke.com/how-many-teaspoons-of-sugar-in-two-thin-slices-of-whole-wheat-bread/

David Duke gives a ready reckoner – divide the carb content of this slice of bread by 4 and you have the number of tsp sugar. These guys must be buying the sweetest bread in existence because our commercial wholemeal bread has 13g carbs per slice, not 20g or 32g (that gives 5 or 8 tsp sugar).

My husband eats 1 slice of bread which is 13 carbs. That’s 3 tsp sugar. Still appalling if you are trying to lose weight, but some people put that in a cup of tea.

• posted by Birdy76
    on

Patricia I hear what you are saying it is still scary when you look MFP, but not as bad as 8spoonfuls. The problem is we have eaten this way for so long it is the norm, and for me to try and stop my son getting in the habits we have he thinks I am preaching. I am trying my best to improve my health but now I want to help him in his healthy start. I am not even going to bother with my O/H as he will never change his ways of eating, he is 52 and his point is he has survived this long on white carbs and meat he isn’t about to change. This is up to him as he is a grown man. But I really want my son not to suffer long term. I have done well so far, he has reached 13 and has no fillings and every time we go to the dentist they praise him on the health and cleanliness of his mouth and teeth😁. He had friends at six who had to have teeth extractions and fillings!!! Now I need to improve his diet for his bloods, liver and pancreas? He likes a pie and I must admit that over a two week period he has one, he also has pizza every Friday night. But he will also eat veggies and most fruit, although I keep the fruit to a minimum. I know I can only do so much and I remember trying to get him to eat rice and now he likes it,!🙄. With what I have learnt from this woe I now know it is really a no no🤣🤣🤣. God give me strength 🤣. Life is nuts 💞🦜

• posted by Patricia1066
    on

I found Dr Fung very reassuring as to how important it is to restrict the meals to 3 per day, and avoid snacks.

It is a simple message, one that I heard from my mum, and means that you can continue putting meals on the table that have higher fat, and let him decide how much potato he wants.

It’s great that he has good health, good teeth, not easy when drinks and snacks are omnipresent.

When I was very young, I usually tried to fill up on meat, and left the potatoes. I was trained to finish my plate. I still can’t leave a plate empty.

High fat and high carb is a dangerous combination in the long-term, but your son is unlikely to overeat on potatoes. The dangerous food is sweet drinks, crisps etc

Just read you taught him to eat rice! How were we to know!

• posted by Birdy76
    on

I can’t wait to get his book! My boy likes potatoes but not as much as his mum did🤣. He really can take them or leave them. He loves a biscuit but I have restricted those. He has Easter eggs but he has only ate a half of one since he got them on Sunday! He loves processed peas! I must admit before this woe I loved me som marrowfat🤣. I was trained the same by my mum too, no dessert if my plate wasn’t clean and like you I still have to eat it all. But for the last four weeks there hasn’t been that much in them in the first place.🤣. My favourite lunch at the moment is little gem tortilla’s, with chicken and my own smoked paprika and chilli flake mayo. They are so addictive
    . 💞🦜

• posted by Shellbob44
    on

Gosh, lots of lovely new folks, welcome 😊
    Pretty busy here so only had a quick whizz through. The fatty liver link sound v interesting, will try and watch tomorrow.
    Thanks for hosting Birdy and keeping us all going.
    I’ve stalled a bit over the weekend but….confession time…..I did have 2 gin & sodas on Monday and some red wine on Sunday……I know I know…..anyway, damage limitation now and I haven’t gained any so that’s good. We had a fab shop in Manchester on Saturday and I am now defo a size 14/16. Still don’t believe it (size 20 on 1st Feb 19).
    Got some fab bargains off the Cath Kidston sale rail 😊

on

Shellbob, what a fantastic result. Dropping three dress sizes and grabbing some bargains. I’m very happy for you

• posted by naomb
    on

Hi all,
    Have been lurking for a few days and thought I would finally commit after a visit to the doctors today. My blood pressure has risen dramatically from relatively low blood to 160/90 and my weight has increased by over 10 kgs in the past few months so I think this needs to stop. On further assessment I think I have metabolic syndrome- I seem to be ridiculously reliant on carbs and don’t feel satisfied (and then hungry 10 mins later) until I’ve had sugar.
    I’ve always avoided the scales as I thought they would be damaging, but evidently I need something to be accountable to as I have gained 10kgs with hardly any notice. So I have bought a set of scales to use strictly once a week. I will start the 800 strictly tomorrow, with the view of getting my health back.
    Looking back, lots of health problems started when I started gaining weight, and now I realise how much weight it really is(I am very small height wise so 10+kgs makes a huge difference), I’m hoping that they will improve with weight loss.
    So here’s to a successful weight loss journey and life change, and I look forward to updating you all with good news !

• posted by Birdy76
    on

Made up for you Shellbob 💞🦜

• posted by alliecat
    on

Hearty congratulations to you all. You’ve navigated your first big holiday together! Any and all
    slip ups are no more than life lessons. Getting right back to the BSD is how we win this race 🙂
    Have a great week, everyone xxx

;

• posted by arcticfox
    on

Thanks for setting up this next thread, Birdy.
    I would say that my first week back was moderately successful. I had some days of lower carbs and even one day where I accidentally fasted for 18 hours (got up too late for breakfast and even though I packed a lunch I was so busy I forgot to eat it). However, I have struggled and succumbed to carb cravings over the last couple of days. I think it was as a result of stress. In spite of that though, a nice pair of work trousers that I wore today seemed to be fitting a slight bit looser, so maybe I made a bit of progress overall.
    I had a dreadful day today that started out by discovering that my office had been vandalized over the long weekend. I couldn’t believe it when I walked in and saw the disarray and I was very upset to think who might have done it. Luckily as I cleaned up it became clear that it was a creature with wings that had done the damage, so I was able to stop thinking who in my building might hate me enough to do something like that. We have practical jokers in the office who will do things like hiding marbles in all the books on your bookshelves, but they are never destructive! Then I had to be on a conference call for 6 hours where it was very difficult to hear what was being said and the information was very complicated, followed by a pretty horrid session with my horse after work in which in spite of being sedated he still managed to do his best kite imitation and at one point I got dragged half way across the school.
    So anyway, by my estimation the week can only get better from here on in. I am feeling inspired by my trousers fitting a bit better to really knuckle down and see how much more progress I can make this week.

• posted by Greenbean
    on

Hello! I’m 1 week in and have been following this message board for engagement through the week…finally committing properly and jumping in after a jaffa cake situation last night.
    I am on a mission to drop 40-50 pounds overall and want to be slimmer for my wedding in July although want to get to a position of being able to maintain and move past a life of yo yo-ing/sugar crashing. So great to see such a strong community of support here…and positivity

• posted by Birdy76
    on

Morning Greenbean and welcome! You have come to the right place! We will get you to your wedding on time and in the body you want. Stick with it and us and enjoy the discard. We will support and help in anyway we can.

Articfox hello and your welcome. You have some really good positive’s going on there so let’s focus on that. We have got you hun.

I had a good day yesterday I must admit it is hard to get out of being hung up on the weight discard but I am trying. I feel slimmer and I have been noticing this in the length of my necklace the most. Since I have had it (I never take it off) it has always sat at the base of my throat between my collar bones in that little dip! But now it is a good inch below it. Who knew🤣. I am back on two meal days but I am back to nightshift tonight for two nights. I am prorated though. I have my food sorted and ready to go. I just need to keep the water levels up and stay awake🤣. Have a great day everyone. Birdy💞🦜

• posted by Shellbob44
    on

Oh dear Arcticfox, a shocker of a week, hang on in there.
    Hi greenbean welcome and congratulations on your upcoming wedding 😊
    I’m doing a volunteer shift in the local hospice cafe today……cakes cakes cakes…..wish me luck!

• posted by sixturkeys
    on

Hi Shellbob – just to say great news on the new wardrobe acquisitions! And I am sure the cakes will be safe in your hands!

• posted by Birdy76
    on

Shellbob you have this! Those cakes be dammed! They are all gonna be disgusting 😉💞🦜

• posted by Shellbob44
    on

Thanks ladies 😍

• posted by caronl
    on

Many congratulations Shellbob!

GreenBean – welcome. I have memories of jaffa cake issues too…. Congratulations on the upcoming wedding. I would suggest that you break up your 40-50 goal into more manageable chunks, and take lots of measurements to show yourself how much progress you are making. You will be amazed how much difference you could see in 8 weeks, so do book-in another wedding dress fitting nearer the time! One of my regrets is not having found this way of eating earlier; I ended up nearly 2 stone under my wedding day weight of 20 odd years ago. I wonder what dress I might have chosen ….!

• posted by wendleg
    on

Morning everyone ! Sitting on the train en route to Brighton. Delayed at Rugby for 40 mins because of a jammed door 🤨. Brits start snacking in times of stress but fortunately I have nothing to chomp on..🤣🤣.
    I have enjoyed catching up on the thread . Welcome to lovely people joining us . You have lots of great advice available on here. Stay with us and give it your all. It will be worth it.
    My family are amazed at the sight of a less hefty Wendleg 😉. I have my sister in.law on board BSD now !
    JGwen I have been in the UK a day and have not bought a pair of earrings …..yet !! I have had people stop me in the street admiring the little flower pots in my ears though 🤣🤣. Bought them in Portugal …!
    Essie …not one step backyards despite all the carby temptations Britain has to offer . My mind is set !!
    Have a great day everyone. Not easy to reply to everyone as I am on my phone but you know I am thinking of you all xx

Please log in or register to post a reply.