Newbie quick question

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Bajangirl48
    on

Hi is anyone following this woe and getting good results but NOT using the recipes in the book? I don’t fancy a lot of the recipes in the 4 week meal plan…… just wondering. Thanks

• posted by Flash21
    on

Hello Bajangirl!

I am not using very many of the recipes. I am tending to stick to what I know works for me at the moment, which is typically yoghurt and berries in the morning, deli meats or a frittata and salad at lunch and then usually chicken and veg or salad for dinner. I have quite a lot of weight to lose so I am being quite rigid in what I eat so that I can try to not be tempted by the bad stuff! As for results, I lost 10lbs in my first week (last week). Have annoyingly gained a pound this week (although official weigh in not until next Tuesday so plenty of time to get rid of it) but I’m pretty sure it’s because I had rice and half a wrap with dinner last night. Good luck!

• posted by Primadawn
    on

I’m an extremely picky eater, and while trying to broaden my horizons, most of the recipes in the book aren’t appealing to me either. So I’m doing my own thing while staying within the calorie/carb count guidelines.

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

I don’t have any of the books and have been merrily adapting recipes from other books and my own repertoire to be BSD friendly by myself. I also use some of the recipes on the site here or suggested by other posters, but usually with a few tweaks. No real disasters so far and plenty of lovely meals that will be revisited and become new permanent favourites.

• posted by cole62
    on

I haven’t got the books either but have used my own recipes and adapted them, it helps that my family is originally from Sicily so I already eat in this way but have left out the carb’s. I have never been a slave to diet books and have always been keen to experiment with new foods and if I don’t like something I just don’t make it again. Also what’s the fuss about cauliflower rice, it tastes awful, but everybody has different tastes I suppose! Anyway lost 6.5 lbs in the first week and people are already saying I look thinner, I no longer feel hungry or crave carbs. I need to loose another 18lbs to reach my target as I am tryig to avoid Type II diabetes that runs in my family. Good luck to you all xx

• posted by Avila
    on

I have used the recipes for occasional ideas – things I wouldn’t think of combining etc. But mostly do my own thing certainly don’t see the book outline as a fixed plan of attack.

• posted by Esnecca
    on

I don’t use the recipes in the book either. It’s not because they don’t appeal to me — several of them look excellent — but just because I like to cook so I make my own stuff. I just weigh and measure scrupulously and use MyFitnessPal to count calories and carbs. I’ve found it not only easy, but quite fun and even illuminating. I made a version of one of my favorite takeout sandwiches of all time (chicken and brie with remoulade) last week and my bf, who is not on the BSD, agreed that it was better than the restaurant’s.

• posted by RozyDozy
    on

Hi,
    I’ve been BSD-ing for most of this year (to good effect) – I haven’t followed the menu plans at all. Rather I chose to dip into the recipes – some appealed more than others, but I have tried a few things that I previously would have shied away from. Some people like to stick diligently to the plan because it helps them to stick with it but in reality it is whatever works best for you. I haven’t counted a calorie, I figured if I cut out the junk I was eating, and stuck to the foodstuffs recommended in the BSD then I wouldn’t go too far wrong. I just wanted to make it as easy as possible to follow, even though my weight loss has been slower than many people’s. That is the beauty of this regime, you can tweak it to what suits you.

Please log in or register to post a reply.