Newbie needs help

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by ADYV8
    on

Hi
    Can I have pastry if I make it myself?
    There’s no mention of pastry in the book from what I can see.
    BREAD – what is the best bread flour to use as I do have a bread maker?
    I’ve been on the diet now for 10 days – I’m sick to death of cauliflower. Any suggestions for an alternative to potatoes as we really miss them?

• posted by Esnecca
    on

Simply stated, no. Pastry and bread are made from wheat and sugar both of which are decidedly off the list for the Blood Sugar Diet.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Hi ADYVB – I would suggest simply adding more veggies to you meals and forgetting about trying to find something to as a direct substitute for potatoes/rice/pasta etc. If I cook my OH a pasta dish, I have the sauce with perhaps fine cut beans, broccoli or shredded cabbage. It doesn’t take too long to get used to not having that carb element, but it does take persistence. Your palate will adjust soon and your body will stop demanding carbs, as long as you persist and keep going. Best wishes to you ….

• posted by sixturkeys
    on

I would welcome some definitive input from others re actual carbs/cals, because it is v confusing to switch between US cups and per 100g but, if you are fed up with cauli as a potato substitute, celeriac is v tasty, and I think less carby than spuds? Having said that, I have had celeriac twice since Jan and I now really enjoy a simple homemade quick curry without rice or naan but with spinach. I used just a few weeks ago dump a whole bag of microwave rice on my plate, with breaded chicken kiev (sometimes the 2 person serving!) , or huge plate of pasta, after daily intake of bread and jam, bread and cheese, crumpet and jam, and then a bread and butter pudding or crumble for pudding. I do not miss those at all and the adjustment was very quick. Now if I could fully address the “liquid sugar” that would be good – but the “adaptation” to cutting out all that obviously and heavy carby rubbish was so quick. And it is showing!

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Forester – you seem to be missing the point, that bread, whether homemade or store bought, is a big no-no on this way of eating. We avoid cereals so all bread flours are off limits – high protein all purpose, wholewheat, wholemeal, cornflour, rye flour …. ALL of it is to be avoided. Hope this helps.

• posted by Esnecca
    on

Another spammer I suspect, Sunny.

Please log in or register to post a reply.