Newbie and exercise

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Plodding
    on

Hi as I am about to start the bsd, I`am concerned about exercise and being on a low calorie diet .I walk mimium of 3 miles per day but I also run 3 times a week 2×6 1×10 miles ,will I have calories to cover this ? I haven’t decided which plan would be best.I am not a diabetic but have a awful diet ,basically eating too much suger ,carbs etc And feel pretty dreadful and look pretty dreadful to ! Any advice please

• posted by FoFi
    on

Hi, I have been doing Fast 800 for nearly 5 weeks. I decided not to do any hard exercise in the first week, but since then I have been doing exercise without any problems. I don’t run but I do exercise probably equivalent to a 6 mile run without any problems. I think that maybe my recovery is a bit slower than when I ate more carbohydrate, but I haven’t any real evidence for that.

If you do 5:2 then it would be easy to run after a high calorie day rather than a low calorie day.

• posted by Plodding
    on

Thank you I am beginning to think the 5.2 might be the better option.

• posted by Janet1973
    on

Plodding, do you have weight to lose? If not, maybe you would be better just adopting the med lifestyle with no counting, less carbs but more protein, veggies and legumes. If you do have weight to lose, the 5:2 is a good option.

• posted by Plodding
    on

Hi yes i have some weight to lose ,i have decided to try the 800 calories see how i get on with the exercise if it doesn’t suit then will go for 5.2 thanks

Please log in or register to post a reply.