New Maintainer Seeks Similar for Mutual Support and Help!

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Daisiesmum
    on

Well it’s 21st February already, and the last day of this thread. How is everyone doing?

I am happy to say that I have found maintenance much easier than I anticipated and I weighed in this morning at 8st 11lb. My bp is still nice and low, which is good, and as I said earlier I am being sent for a raft of blood tests next week. (I have also received a rather thoughtful 62nd birthday gift from the NHS Bowel Cancer Screening programme!)

I love the food I’m eating, so delicious, I have increased my carbs slightly more chickpeas, oatcakes etc but mostly I have increased my overall portions especially protein and fats. I’m not diabetic so I do include one day a week when I eat a higher portion of carbs, but still nothing refined or sugary.

I continue to feel very energetic and am walking more and more, which is really good news. As maintenance is turning out to be easy I have decided to revise my guide weight down a couple of lbs to 8st 10lbs giving me a bit more wiggle room!

I hope everyone continues to go from strength to strength and success to success.

Happy BSD Tuesday all!

• posted by KrysiaD
    on

Daisiesmum – I am really enjoying being able to eat more of the lovely BSD friendly food on maintenance also.

Weight up a little to 9st 7.75lbs today so have cut back on calories a bit so I drop back to 9stone 6lbs. Have now stayed in the 9st 7lbs and below since 10th December – which I have never ever achieved before . I am so pleased.

Hope your blood tests go well.

Please log in or register to post a reply.