New life choice for determined alcoholic

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Tillybud
    on

Well done nonna Mary! What an achievement. KOKO and things sort out eventually. I have no way of weighing this week but I am soaking up the sun and walking lots 18500 steps yesterday. A record! Had some wine (spritzers) and crisps/nuts but not mega. Don’t think I’ll gain a lot but don’t think I’ll be lose any either!
    LeeLee so glad you enjoyed Galway. you didnt mention either your admirers or your leg so just wondering if they’re both newsworthy??

Hope everyone is enjoying this sunshine boost. KOKO. See you on the new thread for May.
    Tilly x

• posted by Joes Nonna
    on

Thank you Tilly. Well done on the steps…and good that that it’s spritzers not pure wine. You will be fine, you know what to do…we have been on here long enough haven’t we?

Enjoy the sun. Keep well.

lots of love
    Nonna Mary
    xxx

• posted by Leeleecheechee
    on

Oh ladies, you are such gossip hungry mares!
    Ok, so confession time, I did appear to have another cougar moment 🤣🤣🤣 It’s so bloody good for the ego quite frankly!

As for leg, it’s still bad. It’s like walking as though I’ve had a stroke. It gets heavy and clumpy when I’m fatigued or stressed. Funny, it was pretty good in Ireland, so maybe I’m just allergic to work…. Exercise definitely helps, much as I loathe making the effort, once I do it, I feel great. First day back at work was genuinely horrendous and this time last year I would have been in the off licence. This week I went for a swim and then treated myself to a coffee with cream. BSD truly has changed and saved my life.

CT scan next Wednesday. They are looking to see if adenoma has grown and then I guess the decision will be taken about it coming out. I have neurologist for manky leg in May and back to Endocrinologist in June. Wonder if I will get a hospital loyalty bonus at this rate? Will update you all as I get news.

Mary! Whoop whoop, I’m so chuffed for you with hitting such a major milestone. I’m proud of all of us xxx

• posted by JGwen
    on

Hi Nonna Mary,
    When you are counting the NSV’s don’t forget the ones linked to fitness, finding a popular walk or exercise class easier. We tend to focus on the scales don’t we and forget that reducing carbs will give us more energy.

• posted by Inka13
    on

Nonna Mary, well done!! Very proud of you! It’ll be all downhill from now, lol.
    For your sleep listening Marie and I can definitely recommend Tinglefix, took me about 8 goes to get through her second-last video as I kept falling into the deepest sleep!

• posted by Joes Nonna
    on

Hi Inka and thank you. We both started at the same time in October 2016 so we have seen a few people come and go and have read many, many posts. I do feel like I have turned a corner at the moment for some reason the weight is finally coming off. I remember reading someone else saying the same thing. I have noted all my NSVs and kept several diaries with what I have eaten, bowel movements, weight fluctuations, moods and energy levels. It is very interesting to look back on!

I wonder how Missziggy, carbaddict and others are now? I know mixnmatch still visits the forum. I wish we could contact all the people from 2016 and early 2017 to find out how they are doing now. I know you are going into Autumn now, are the colours glorious?

Leelee it must be so lovely to get some attention! Of course I have my Jovis, but when we went out with an old friend in February, he was very complimentary and it does give one a boost. I miss flirting! Good luck with your hospital visits. xx

Well it’s a weekend of housework and gardening for me (bad back permitting). Take it easy everyone and remember, someone loves you.

Lots of love
    Nonna Mary
    xxx

• posted by Joes Nonna
    on

Well done to people on other threads who have posted their weight losses this week. A BLOODY WELL DONE FROM ME. My reason for coming on again today is this….I went shopping as I could no longer wear my old size 20/22 clothes, and OH EM EFFING GEE…I am a size FOURTEEN …..can I just say that again?

OH EM EFFING GEE I AM A SIZE FOURTEEN….that is crazy….haven’t been a size FOURTEEN for at least 29 years!

I hope this inspires others to keep trying.

Lots of love
    Nonna Mary
    xxx

• posted by VictoriaM
    on

Wow, well done Nona Mary. A whole new wardrobe required now!

• posted by marie123
    on

Hi Mary
    I’m having a bit of a rest from being on the forum at the moment (things are just a bit hectic here at home) so not posting as much but had to say what fantastic news. You must be absolutely thrilled.Once again, Mary, ….. 14, 14, 14 ……woohoo, woohoo, woohoo !!!

Btw, I know exactly how you feel. As part of my grand spring clean (which is continuing albeit sporadically, chaotically, i.e. very badly) I tried on some dresses I’ve kept (because beautiful classic shapes and lovely colours) for 30 years. They didn’t quite fit but they were so close to fitting I was thrilled.

Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend. Go well.
    Marie xx

NB Btw, not wanting to make any of you ladies jealous or anything but the only part of the above dresses still too tight was around the old bosom area ……just sayin’…. xx

• posted by alliecat
    on

You’re naughty, Marie! 🙂 You know my “demise” ! I’m glad you’re reading along, if taking a break from the challenges
    at the moment. I’ll catch you where I can!

• posted by alliecat
    on

Oh Mary! I didn’t read back far enough to see the news about the size 14’s!!! Fantastic! I think this is going to get
    expensive 🙂 Any style is possible now! Have fun deciding on what that will be 🙂 🙂 🙂 And when your scales register
    the first reading in the 100’s (lbs) please chase me down on the forums so we can celebrate together!
    You’re “doin it”, Mare!!!!

xx Allie

on

Oh Marie, I am so jealous. Th the extent that I’m considering an uplift 🤣🤣

Mary! I’m so chuffed for you. You must look so different wearing 4 (yes 4) sizes smaller! Now that’s a victory 😀😀
    L xx

• posted by Californiagirl
    on

Go Mary!! EFFING SIZE 14!!!!!! That is past wonderful! You have really hung in there all these months, even when it was slow — you are an inspiration. Anyone struggling could go back and read your story and realize it can be slow and STILL work over time. Go girl!!!!

• posted by caronl
    on

Many congratulations Nonna Mary on size 14. You must be so chuffed. Wishing you lots of fun and success in acquiring a new wardrobe!.

• posted by KazzUK
    on

Mary! Woohoo lady! You must be stunned! I am so so happy for you. Ecstatic in fact and very impressed at how you have stuck with it despite the lack of movement on the scales at times. Your tenacity has paid off! 👏👏👏👏👏👍👍👍

• posted by EC
    on

Happy Sunday everyone….and apologies for the long radio silence

Firstly Mary…..such well deserved congratulations!!!!!!…and to you too Marie. It does feel so great to fit into those “old” clothes (or in your case new ones, Mary!!). Can I say over and over….YOU DESERVE THIS!

Lee, sorry to hear that your health is still troubling and sincerely hope it gets sorted soon

I’ve been hanging in here and mostly plodding along, with the exception of a festival over Easter that we were playing at and then son no 1 and his wife’s belated 40ths! so you’re also right Mary that Autumn and Winter are easier times for me to stay in touch! (Autumn

I did not count calories or avoid wine on either occasion, but my body does seem to have reached some sort of equilibrium, whereby I don’t pile all the weight back on quickly. So no huge losses, but still losses….and latest NSV is that my bathers (swimmers, togs…whatever you name them where you are) are too big!…..tried some new ones on the other day, but no decision yet….I do have another pair that are still loose but wearable, so I may wait and see what the eventual size may be

Just started on my third and final (for now at least) round of the fasting mimicking diet, so curious to see if any changes in blood markers….off to the supermarket to get a box of epsom salts for a good deep bath tonight.

Go well all and wishing everyone a wonderful week and more great news all round
    xxx
    Erin

• posted by Tillybud
    on

Oi! Where is everyone? It’s gone quiet again! I’ve been back on it since my week off and hoping to have got to 10st by tomorrow’s weigh in. I’d like 2 or 3 lbs more for wiggle room but that might just be me being greedy! (metaphorically not literally).
    It’s perfectly doable, she says with more gusto than she feels, but hey ho! Whats life without a challenge?
    We have booked a trip to France at the end of May for 2 weeks so there’s my incentive. I usually put on 3 or 4 lbs but that’s usually because we’re there for 5 or 6 weeks at a time. We do lots of cycling, walking and swimming whilst there so hopefully there won’t be too much damage this time. Mum was fine with the carers so we’re going that route again.
    Meeting son, Dil and little ones in the Dordogne for a few days so really looking forward to that, then we’ll go off on our own to have a rest
    So hope everyone is keeping on keeping on and looking forward to hearing your news
    Luv Tilly x

• posted by Tillybud
    on

Mary, you are a star. Well done to you! I can feel your glow from here. Amazing woman.
    LeeLee, glad you enjoyed your trip and hope the leg gets sorted soon.
    To everyone else keep on keeping on and look where it gets you!
    Luv Tilly x 😀🤗

• posted by Joes Nonna
    on

Hi all. Especially EC and Tillybud.

First I really need to thank you all for your kind wishes. I really needed to read them all again today. As you all know…my body dances to a different beat to everyone else. Today I have gained 2 pounds which I am hoping must be water weight as my calories have not gone above 800…and my carbs have been firmly below 20. I have been in ketosis (and still am) for the last 3 weeks and I am convinced I am causing a water shortage I drink so much. I am more active than I have been for so long! So reading all your lovely comments has given me a little lift. It doesn’t help that I spent around 4 hours last night unable to sleep, so feeling a little fragile emotion-wise today.

Tilly I am so happy you had a good week and were able to not worry about mom. Also your trip to the Dordogne looks amazing. A holiday and seeing your family is just great. I take it you speak the lingo? I keep threatening to take Jovis to Normandy. I went to Caen 30 years ago and loved it. It is very expensive though, so Motorhome is by far the best way to go. I envy you your MH and your weight. Keep hula hooping. So good to have you back.

EC. It is lovely to hear from you and I am excited to hear about your experiment. Well done on the bathers! Also on managing to go through the birthdays and booze without gaining weight and losing some. Result!

Leelee, update on your condition please.

Hello66 and Lizzie you are in my thoughts every day. If you get a moment please come on and let me know how you are. I miss you both very much.

Searchingrockpools…you seem to have left us! Please come back and tell us how you and your son are doing. Anymore kayak trips?

Kazzee I do read your posts on other threads and I know you are still trying. It is effing hard though. I must admit my heart sinks a bit when I read that someone has lost 6 pounds in 4 days or whatever. I am clawing at every pound!

Well enough self indulgence for now. I am off the mope about for a bit as I have no energy to do much else today.

Take care everyone.

Lots of love
    Nonna Mary
    xxx

• posted by Tillybud
    on

Hi Mary. Yes I speak the lingo ( 3 years learning at school when I was 11, 12, 13 and I’m 66 in June!!) I’ve picked up quite a bit though since, there’s not much call for “where is the exercise book”, “is that a ruler?” “What is the next lesson?” “Open/close the window” when you’re in a supermarché! 🤣 But we get by. Hand signals are universal.
    Forgot to say son is there on hols, they don’t live there! I would if I could but that’s my private dream, just between you and me!
    The grandies are 3 and 17 months, both girls and are gorgeous. Dil is fab too. So we all get along .
    Can’t wait! At least with a Moho we can upsticks and go somewhere else if we don’t like it. So maybe a house there would be a disadvantage as I love everywhere and the lifestyle and of course the food and unfortunately the wine! So the Moho is the best of both worlds.
    And Mary we’re not being kind, we’re just stating the obvious. We know it’s been a hard road, two steps forward one backwards, or even worse sometimes but you hung on in there. I am so proud of you as I’m sure you are with yourself.. I know they say pride goes before a fall but we are all rewriting that one! We’re all so proud of each other 😄
    Tilly X

• posted by KazzUK
    on

Hi Tilly, Mary and everyone else – I’m here … got myself organised yesterday with a bit of batch cooking and pre-planned my meals for the week ahead. I’m keeping it simple whilst I lick my wounds and climb back on board! Mary – honestly, just when you think you are in control and you have it cracked then it all goes t*ts up! You are quite correct about the wine and Allie’s phrase, “wine creep” really does describe it well! I shall endeavour to join in on the abstenance – my “2X Saturday night tipple” rule was broken with being in Jersey and then at home for nearly a week.
    Read more of the Gary Taubes book. It’s getting interesting now. Quite sciency here and there but I guess there’s no way of avoiding the terminology if you want to explain “why”? 🙂
    Motorhomes and canal boats are both just the perfect way of getting around and seeing things if you ask me, not that I’ve ever been in a Moho but I have always been drawn to them. Okay, better get some (more) water! I’ll see you all soon.

Kazzee xxxxx

• posted by Joes Nonna
    on

Hi Kazz, glad you are back on board. I really wouldn’t mind if I had been cheating or drinking, but I have been 100% committed for the last 3 months! I get a loss then lose a little less then GAIN. No effing way! Let’s just keep our fingers crossed it is water and comes off tomorrow. Salad for dinner tonight.

Thank you Tilly. I am so pleased when it works for others, even though it annoys me that it doesn’t work for me!

Stay well.
    Nonna Mary
    xxx

• posted by KazzUK
    on

Fingers crossed, Mary. Imagine the plottings on a graph of your journey… a little zig zaggy, but ultimately heading in the down direction! …. KOKO 🙂

• posted by EC
    on

hello loves
    Mary…hang in there….my bloody scales shift also for no good reason in either direction (which is why I prefer to focus on how my clothes fit!)
    Kazz…lovely to “hear” you….i tried a to batch cook frittata yesterday but between son #4 and a visitor they barely made it to the fridge!

Tilly …France sounds wonderful (so far from me in the far south of the universe!!)

I finished my final (3rd) round of the prolon fasting mimicking diet last Friday and got my blood test results today. Most interesting was that my IGF1 reduced from 16 to 11…..which means that my risk of chronic diseases…in particular cancer is greatly reduced

Fasting glucose lowered also from 4.9 to 4.4 (but was never worryingly high)

lost a total of 5cms off my waist and almost 5 kg over the three months (which included a five day music festival and a big family birthday…so not to be sneezed at!!) However it was up and down over the time

that said have been really hungry since I finished so trying to get back to a rhythm of lower calories (and craving some routine!!!)
    Good thing I’m here for the long haul!!
    onwards!!!

• posted by Joes Nonna
    on

EC lovely to hear from you. What great results. 5 whole centimetres from your waist. RESULT if for nothing else.

I do get a little despondent when other people lose so much more than me. Especially when they admit cheating and I am 100% committed and weigh, measure, drink water, move a lot etc. I can see the benefits of the weight I have lost, but come on….18 months now! I don’t crave or want carbs or sugar or even booze (I know what a turn up!). However, I would love a big juicy orange, or a huge fruit cocktail. On Sunday I was remembering how I used to enjoy toast and marmalade with a strong coffee. I probably wouldn’t like it now anyway. I have embraced this as a way of life and intend to continue. At the moment I eat one meal a day. My carbs are under 20, calories under 800 and my weight has stalled again. Sorry..this is turning into a pity party. Not my intent.

Anyhoo how, off to the seaside with my two eldest grandies and their mother. So looking forward to it. Hurt myself at yoga last night, so will let my body rest.

Take care and I will see you soon.

Lots of love
    Nonna Mary
    xxx

• posted by KazzUK
    on

Mary, not a pity party at all. You know this is the pattern your body seems to follow…. just carry on as you are and have a wonderful holiday with your family. Hope to see you before you jet off to Majorca! How lovely. Never been there or Greece but fancy a bit of Shirley Valentine – the solo holiday, rather than the holiday romance, I hasten to add! 🙂 … or do I…? Hmmm ! LOL
    Enjoy! xxx
    Kxx

• posted by Tillybud
    on

Hi everyone. Me bragging about my 18000 steps ……. I’ve had a sore foot since and it’s slightly swollen on the top. Went to docs and apparently it’s a march fracture. Soldiers get it often, errmm, hence the name! Who knew? I’ve never heard of it before. It will heal itself as the tiny toe bones on each side of it support it. It is much easier now and I’m not limping as much so it’s getting there.
    Off to Cromer next week Mon – Fri so mum’s got carers again. I just posted on another thread hat on Sunday I was 9 at 13.75!! But as this morning 10 st .25 so same as last week ☹️ never mind it’s not the end of the world. There are bigger and more worrying and upsetting things out there. Perspective is the order of the day I think.

Hope everyone is doing ok. Well done kazzee on your refocus!
    Luv Tilly xx

• posted by KazzUK
    on

Hiya Tillybud! So sorry, I missed this post! Oh your poor foot! Well now, you really are soldiering on with a march fracture! I’ve not heard of that either. You’ll be back soon so I hope you’ve had a lovely time in Norfolk. I stayed in a windmill with a bunch of friends for a long weekend about 12 years ago and would love to go back. Very atmospheric on the beach and we walked all along the beach to the next town, and got a taxi back! Cley next the Sea I believe it was called. It’s all been done up with buildings added so it’s now a B&B. When we stayed, it was very much self catering with 3 bunk beds in each room. I’d never seen curved radiators before. Just one small annex attached to the windmill itself. Happy days! Well done on dipping below the 10, even if it was just for a second! 🙂
    Kxx

• posted by KazzUK
    on

Just realised it’s next week you’re going! Have fun!

on

Hey girls!
    Sorry I’ve been so absent. Frantically trying to catch up on posts to see how you all are.

Tilly, so sorry about your foot. An exercise injury eh? Who’d have thunk that a year ago? Hope you are resting it and looking after yourself? So glad it’s working out with carers for you. I’ve definitely reaped the benefits of being able to take a break. Even if it does involve a bit of cougar behaviour!

Nona Mary. Don’t you dare get despondent. You are an inspiration to all of us. I’m so proud of you.

Hey Allie and Kaz, hope you are all ok? Any news of our walking wounded? I often think of them 😢

I’m still plodding on. Got the neurologist in two weeks, so maybe get some answers soon. I appear to have rediscovered my exercise gene. Just aqua aerobics as it’s all I can really work at but I’m going up to 4 days per week. Couldn’t have done it with a hangover 🤣. Was naughty and skipped tonight though. Genuinely exhausted after a rotten week at work and couldn’t muster. Hopefully back on the wagon Saturday!

Why do toxic arseholes always get the senior management roles? Sometimes words fail me when I see some of the conduct out there!

Anyhow, just wanted to check in and let you know I’m still around.

L xxx

• posted by KazzUK
    on

Hi LeeLee
    Happy Friday! Aqua aerobics is perfectly fine. I think swimming as well works all areas of the body? I’d rather do that than get sweaty!
    Yes, it’s funny how they get on in life! Probably just by scrambling over everyone on the way up!
    Have a good weekend!
    Kazzeexx

• posted by Tillybud
    on

Hi Kazz, LeeLee, Mary and everyone, too many too mention individually
    thank you for commiserating about my foot. Can’t rest it that much, but it is getting better. Doc said about 12 weeks!

Was bang on 10 stone this morning so maybe by Monday ……..! Who knows?

Have we decided in a name for next month’s challenge? Don’t forget to let me know! Don’t know what internet access will be like where we’re going but I will try to read the news from everyone even if I don’t post.
    LeeLee well done on the aquaaerobics! I love being in the water (birthsign cancer ♋!) Don’t know if that’s anything to do with it! Really envy sunshine girl her pool anyone else with the luxury of a swimming pool. I keep doing the lottery (sighs) won £3.20 last week. Not quite enough for a pool then yet. Hey ho!
    Happy weekend everyone

Tilly xx

on

Morning All!

Ping, 6am and wide awake. Why is it a struggle to wake on weekdays but weekends it’s not a problem?! It’s a side effect of this healthy lifestyle that I no longer sleep late and spend my weekends in a slothful stupor!

Busy day today. Got to get a new tyre for the car (slow puncture) Aqua is at 10.30 and then into work to try and catch up after my mental week. Salad made to take with me, so no excuses. Working does at least keep me on the straight and narrow food wise.

Tilly, I’m a cancer too and definitely a water baby. I dread going to the class but really enjoy them when I’m there, so I keep persevering! I too would love to have my own pool but my £5.90 lottery win is also insufficient this time 🤣 Still, take our victory where we can and a number starting with 9 is definitely in your future 😀

What’s next months challenge? What did I miss?!

Have a great weekend everyone xx

• posted by Tillybud
    on

Lee you didn’t miss anything. Over on the “swing into may” thread it’s deciding what to call “June’s” thread and another 4 week challenge. That’s all. Don’t think I’ve seen you on that one.
    Cant remember where i “know” everyone from!

When’s your birthday Lee? Mine’s 27th June and I’m 66 this time 😬!
    Hope you enjoy spending your lottery win, or maybe save it towards the pool! Mighty oaks ……. as they say.
    Luv Tilly xx

on

Ah Tilly, that makes sense! I’ve kinda stuck to this thread but maybe I should get out and explore again!
    I’m 24th June so we are very close! I shall be 44 this time, though I genuinely forget how old I am at times and have to sit and work it out 🤣

on

Hey girls
    Day off today. Was going to do an aqua class but did two over the weekend and really struggled in the second one, so decided to give the ole body a break. Besides, my house was filthy so decided to do a quick whip round and catch up on some washing as well. I do remember when days off work were for exciting things. Now I clean!

Off to the hairdressers later though, so a bit of pampering thrown in and even though it’s nearly 12, I’m running a decadent bubble bath which I fully intend to luxuriate in!

Bit peed off this week. Been really diligent with food and exercise. Not one cheat whatsoever (though I’m not doing 800 at the minute) and I gained 2lbs! Might have to do another cycle or maybe 10 stone 4 is my natural weight as I tend to go up and down around this figure or maybe the exercise is building muscle?

How’s everyone else doing lately?

L xx

• posted by Tillybud
    on

Hi Leeleecheechee.
    Nice to hear from you again. I’ve just made it under 10 st. This morning I was 9 at 13.75! Just another 2 or 3 lbs and I’ll have some wiggle room. Tried my bikinis in for France next week and they’re too big! Waiting for a chance to wear them and I’ve missed it!
    Will get new ones.

Hope everyone is doing well. KOKO
    luv Tilly X

• posted by Canadaliz
    on

Hey Chicks, Canadaliz here, or just Liz 🙂
    I’m in radiation now and feeling grim. Because they are doing my entire right side it is picking up my stomach so I spend a lot of time barfing. On the plus side I’m losing weight. My treatment should end June 19th. I get it everyday M-F. My skin has already blistered so it is going to be a tough go but I’ll soldier through. I just wrap you all around me and take my army of fighters with me to each treatment. I’ll get in touch as I can but feeling pretty shitty if I’m honest. And overwhelmed.
    Much love to you all and keep up the good fight. Liz

• posted by Canadaliz
    on

Dear Nonna,
    Just a note to say don’t be so hard on yourself. You are part of a legion of strong women on this thread and you are perfect. So you gained a couple–no biggie. You have built a relationship with where you want to be and that is so important. Don’t judge yourself just be guided by your vision of your today, not your future, just your today.
    I am now in radiation in this fucking cancer journey and feeling pretty grim. My skin is sore and blistered and I spent the morning barfing. Dry heaving actually as I can’t keep much down. They are doing my entire right ribcage and forearm and up to my collar bone but it is taking in my stomach too hence the vomit. 🙂 Of course all I want is Digestives, toast etc…..carbs sit better on my tum than protein but I’ll get through this.
    My Kev took me down to the lake last night and we sat and watched the moon rise and I just surrounded myself with the strong women on this thread and felt empowered. But you Nonna, you’re like me. Strong, stubborn and determined.
    Much love, Liz
    I’ll be okay. I’ll come back stronger than ever.

• posted by KazzUK
    on

Bloody hell, Liz, that is some serious radiotherapy. 🙁 Glad you got out to the lake and watched the moon. Yes, you will be ok. I look forward to the day when it’s over and you can gradually start feeling normal again. 🙂
    Where is Mary anyway? MARY MARY? Where are you? It’s been nearly 3 weeks….. 🙂
    LeeLee – I don’t have much patience for baths these days. I wish I could enjoy having one but I still only need an inch of water to be immersed up to my neck! Perhaps things will change when I can haul myself out easily without having to turn on my knees for leverage! I’ve got candles but they’re just gathering dust!

• posted by JGwen
    on

Hi Liz,
    Sorry to hear about the side effects, I am glad you made it down to the lake and watched the moon. Sending lots of positive vibes to the lake side for you to be waiting when you next need to wrap yourself in them.

• posted by Joes Nonna
    on

Lizzie….So good to hear from you. Sorry you are having such a shitty time of things. As usual you are thinking of others (i.e. me). I am no longer downhearted. I am very busy preparing for my fly and flop holiday with Jovis next week.

Hey Kazzee. I know your weight is going down. BLOODY WELL DONE THAT WOMAN!

Leelee. Stay well. I hope your leg isn’t too bad.

Just to let you know. Whilst away with my grandies and daughter, I ate fruit. I know, I know…how naughty of me! Well I gained weight because of it. However, since getting back and back on track….below 20g carbs and under 800 cals…fasting for 24 hours daily. I am now under 200 pounds. I weigh the least I have for over 25 years! I now weigh…14 stone 2 pounds. I am very chuffed. Sizes in clothes are very confusing as I have bought a red skirt size 14 and a white one size 16 (and its a little tight). Just got to keep going.

Lots of love to all of you reading this. Also Hello66, I hope you are a little more comfortable. EC and Searchingrockpools. You are missed.

Lizzie, keep in touch?

Off to sort out some clothes for my holiday. Later you crazy peoples!

Love
    Nonna Mary
    xxx

• posted by marie123
    on

Hi Liz,
    I can’t put it any better than JGwen already has, so I’m just doing the same – sending you lots of warm and positive vibes down to the Lake. I completely agree with your assessment of Nonna Mary, and of you from my reading of this thread – a strong, stubborn and determined woman is truly something to be.
    Marie xx

• posted by caronl
    on

Hi Liz So pleased that you posted and let us know how you are. You are often in my thoughts – even though we don’t know each other! – and I shall join JGwen, Nonna, KazzUK, and marie123 with you by the lake – and during the radiotherapy. Wishing you lots of strength and continuing attitude!

• posted by marie123
    on

Hi Mary,
    I’ve been posting on another thread but pondering something so thought I’d ask – how do you do fasting for 24 hours daily? Although, I sincerely believe that if anyone can, you can!!. xx

• posted by KazzUK
    on

Mary! Youre nearly in the 13s! You’re wasting away! 🤣 Seriously, I am overjoyed for you! I bet you look and feel fantastic! whoop whoop! Have a wonderful holiday! Xx

• posted by Joes Nonna
    on

Hi Marie123…I find it very easy. I just don’t eat until my evening meal…I usually eat around 7 o’clock. Sometimes a little later. I suppose you could call it a 23 and a half hour fast? But sometimes is is a 24 plus half an hour….I should add that I am retired so I don’t have to worry about packed lunches etc. My lovely Jovis joins in with 18:6 fasts of a weekend and he doesn’t miss food. This week he went to 20 hours before he ate!

If I can’t drink plenty of water during the day I find it more difficult, so I try to keep up the fluid intake. I drink black coffee, earl grey tea and good old fashioned plain water. A lot of it. We recently purchased a soda stream so we can drink cold fizzy water of an evening when we would have once had wine.

On a plus note I have to say that despite losing nearly 6 stone I have very little saggy skin. I do have another 4 stone to go however! I do have quite substantial bingo wings and still have a spare tyre. A lot of my weight is on my thighs which have changed texture but still not so much loose skin. I hope this cheers others on.

Marie are you thinking of fasting. I don’t know if it is for everyone, especially diabetics. It just suits me.

Kazzee…I am indeed thrilled and delighted to be nearly 13 stone. I do realise that I will gain again whilst on holiday next week. Not because I will eat off BSD, but because I will be eating more ie. breakfasts. However, I am confident I will lose it again as soon as I get home and knuckle down. Thank you for the good wishes. You are going great guns yourself and I am proud of us both. We have been at this for quite some time!

Lots of love
    Nonna Mary
    xxxx

• posted by marie123
    on

Hi Mary,
    To be nearly 13 stone. That’s such a smashing achievement xx

Thanks for that info about how you fast. I just couldn’t work out how that worked. What a great person Jovis sounds, to be that supportive – hopefully it’ll be helping his health, too.

I am thinking of fasting. I used to do a bit of fasting years ago (the 70s probably) which is why I’m curious what benefits it might have now. I’ve been doing 16:8 for a while – in fact I didn’t realise that’s what I was doing initially, until I think JackieM mentioned it.
    I just started not eating breakfast so I could split my 800 over 2 rather than 3 meals, and whenever I’ve dieted I’ve always tried to stop eating after a certain time at night – something I learned worked for me from my many attempts at Weight Watchers.

Don’t worry, I’m being very careful about my bgls. I’ve waited until my bgls are stable – they’re pretty much always in 4’s and 5’s now. I’ve read Jason Fung’s book – The Diabetes Code – very carefully, and have had his Complete Guide to Fasting for quite a while. I’ve never been on medication or insulin and I’ve checked my bgls throughout the period I’ve been fasting – I’ve only done 2 longer fasts (1 42 hrs and 1 38 hrs) but my bgls have been fine on both. Now I’m interested in incorporating some fasting into this woe even if only for a while. I’m interested in whether it will help reduce my waist measurement (visceral fat) as it’s still higher than it should be even though my weight is good, whether it’ll help keep my metabolic rate up, and help with the whole skin thing – mine’s not particularly loose but definitely wrinkly in places. Much to chew over (oops, not quite the right phrase).

I can’t remember? Is it Majorca you’re going to? A place I’ve never been but always fancied going to. Anyway, wherever it is I hope you and Jovis have a lovely time. xx

• posted by Joes Nonna
    on

Thank you Marie. Jovis is indeed a wonderful husband and partner, not to mention person! We have been together 43 years and I love him to bits!

It is indeed Majorca. A lovely Spanish island. A little touristy but the area we go is predominantly German based and we love it. This is our fourth visit to the same hotel and resort. We are chomping at the bit.

Good luck with the fasting. I meant I would be in the 13 stones…have around 15 pounds to get to 13 stone. Soon I hope!

Lots of love
    Nonna Mary
    xxx

• posted by alliecat
    on

Just wishing you a marvelous holiday, Nonna Mary. Have a much earned great time away! I’m very curious
    about what you mean by a German based resort, though?

xxx Allie

Please log in or register to post a reply.