New life choice for determined alcoholic

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Alex49
    on

Hello all πŸ™‚ well, just marking the fact that today marks the end of my first fortnight! It has been relatively straightforward considering some of the stresses and strains others have been through / are going through … particular virtual hugs for Alliecat and CanadaLiz XOXOXOXOXO Thinking of you both. I’m going for the weigh in tomorrow and hope it continues on a downward trajectory. Lost 9lbs so far, tho I have an awful lot to lose. I’ve just discovered the joy of Miso cuppa soup, which had the surprise of seaweed to nibble on at the end – just perfect when a bit of savoury/ salt is required. I’m off to the Canary Islands in 7 weeks and I am visualizing me in a bikini, which is my motivation πŸ™‚ I took my daughter to get her navel pierced at the weekend as a treat, and was persuaded to get mine done too – at 50…I ask you! Still haven’t told my husband… hahaha. Have a great day guys xxxx

• posted by Joes Nonna
    on

Alex, you little minx you! Having a piercing lol. I am going to have a tattoo (my first) when I can decide what to have, and I am now 60!

My Jovis has said he will have one as well and he is 65 in September. I haven’t tried Miso Cuppa Soup, I will have to get some. 9 lbs loss is really brilliant, and I am sure you will have lost more tomorrow. Let us know.

What a lovely goal to have and I am sure you will achieve it.

Take care,

Nonna Mary
    xxx

• posted by KazzUK
    on

Hi everyone!

It’s lunchtime and I just thought I’d log on and catch up…

Nonna Mary – I’m glad you have a plan that will allow Jovis to retire… he must be feeling relieved to say the least knowing there is light at the end of the tunnel. Well done on staying the same and yes, you could be right about the extra activity/stress from selling your house possibly making a difference. Let’s hope so! Always look for the silver lining I say! (although I don’t envy you the stress).

Alliecat – good grief, I can’t believe what you and you OH have been through the last 12 months. My hat goes off to you both for getting through such terrible times. I’m so glad you have found this forum, as am I. Instead of pouring wine, I’ll get my steaming mug of tea and log on and chat to my new friends here.

Well, I got through yesterday just fine, despite some thoughtful person bringing back a huge box of fudge from their holiday in Cornwall and two huge tubes of McVities milk chocolate and dark chocolate biscuits and leaving them on the “fat station” for us all to help ourselves! I wasn’t tempted! Mary, I used your technique and imagined matted greasy, soapy plug hole hair all over the biscuits! Worked a treat and it still makes me heave today! …. thank you for that… πŸ™‚

LeeLee, well done on the loss. As soon as I read pick and mix I thought of Woolworths and how I miss that shop!

Oh, I’ve just had notification that my new food scales, calorie and carb counting book and diary have been delivered to the mail room. How exciting! Right, back to the grindstone… have a lovely day all and I’ll see you tomorrow.

Kx

• posted by Hello 66
    on

Hello all ,
    Just sending you and Jovis big hugs Nonna Mary , & a bit of extra strength as you rush around preparing your house for sale , at 65 J. is probably feeling ready to retire , so do hope all goes smoothly with that , if another job doesn’t present in the meantime . 😘😘
    Alex 49 you little trend setter you , you’ll really look the part in that bikini with your piercing on your holidays .πŸ‘™
    Kazz I’m imagining that fudge and those biscuits covered in the matted greasy soapy plug hole hair , and am trying to transfer a bit onto the gluten free rocky road a friend kindly brought to me when she visited today , it’s been beckoning ever since she left !!
    Thinking of dear Liz often , especially when I make a pot of tea , do hope she and Kev are coping ❀️❀️
    Pouring with rain here , so no walk again , but sticking well to eating plan , a small loss on the scales of another pound this week , not much but a loss at least .

H 66 xx

• posted by fattyfattyboomboooms
    on

Day 53 in the BSD house.

Feeling a bit “off” today, a bit out of sorts and a bit frustrated.

Don’t know why and hopefully I will be back to my usual self tomorrow.

FFBB X

• posted by Alex49
    on

Careful Nonna Mary…I got my first tattoo at 40. I have 3 now…they are a bit addictive!πŸ˜‚

• posted by Hello 66
    on

FFBB. You’ll bounce back , we all have those days πŸ’

• posted by Leeleecheechee
    on

What a bloody amazing bunch you all are.
    Everyone here has a story of heartbreak, hard times or mountains to climb. Yet still you keep plugging away and supporting each other and I think you are all angels.

Mary, Jovis deserves his retirement, though it’s sad he feels forced into it when not ready. It’s unbelievable how people over 50 are often put on the scrap heap when they have so much to offer. My latest recruit started with me the day after her 60 birthday, but was convinced I wouldn’t offer her the post because of her age. Ridiculous. She’s brilliant!!

Maybe one day soon we will all get a nice bit of luck xx

• posted by Alex49
    on

Morning all πŸ™‚ It’s week 3, day 1 for me and 11 lbs. off which is marvellous. However, today I am feeling absolutely knackered … barely punch out of a paper bag! Any thoughts or suggestions for remedy welcome. Drinking loads of water, proteins, fats and rainbow veggies and keeping to the 800 cals so not sure what’s up…low salt? Have a great day, Lex xxx

• posted by Joes Nonna
    on

Alex49, wow, well done for losing 11lbs…I have heard that the carb flu can last some time. There is a link below that someone on another thread posted and its quite a long read, but does make a bit of sense. If you are doing everything right, maybe you are doing too much? You definately need salt as it’s one of the things we lose. I would suggest you have a read of other threads…SunshineGirl and SunnieB, Esnecca are very knowledgeable people who seems to have this way of life sussed.

LeeLee, Jovis really wants to retire, but we have a mortgage still…so he needs to work. If we can downsize, he wont need a job as the mortgage will be gone. We need to tart this house up first. The bathroom needs renovating and we have just had a quote for Β£3560 and that is without the tiles and sanitary ware!

FFBB, sorry you are having an off day. Is today any better?

Kazzuk, I don’t have a sweet tooth and can take or leave any kind of food, but Wine is my downfall. I am glad the visualisation technique is working, I certainly start to heave reading your method. Yeuk…Well done on the resistance…which everyone knows is futile? Lol…(little Star Trek The Next Generation joke there!)

Hello66, do you feel better for being on this way of life. I think I do now, although it has taken me 6 weeks to get here!

Liz we are still thinking of you and our Kev. Hope you mum is ok. Keep strong. xxx

Lots of love
    Nonna Mary
    xxx

• posted by alliecat
    on

Alex49: Fantastic weight loss for your first 2 weeks! Congratulations, girl. And thank you for the hug! I feel so welcome here.
    I think the best month I ever had was a 13 lb. loss, so you’re doing very well, indeed.
    Love the idea of your navel piercing. Do you plan to unveil to O/H in the canary islands? That’s if your daughter doesn’t
    “out you” first! πŸ™‚
    I enjoy being age inappropriate, too. I just ordered a pair of python print leggings, but I will have the good sense to
    wear them with a tunic…
    Enjoy your day!
    Allie

• posted by Acertainage
    on

HI Ladies
    Can I join your inspirational group? I see myself in so many of your posts.
    I have been teetering round the edges, reading posts and trying to get the courage to make the move.
    I I am 59 married live in the middle of England as far as possible from the sea (boo hoo). I am a country girl, I have dogs and horses and lead an active life
    Since I turned 50 I have been struggling with my weight. I really, really want to lose weight but I drink too much. At least a bottle a night. I don’t have a sweet tooth, I don’t eat unhealthily, if I could get a handle on the booze I would do so much better. I lose weight during the week then put it all back on at the weekend

I have been trying to cut down on the drinking and its been mostly unsuccessful on my own. I need some help. I have been sticking to low carbs (except of course for the booze) and enjoying it but I need to stop sabotaging myself

I am starting today – rather than Monday as dread the Monday weight in after the weekend excess
    Acertainage

• posted by alliecat
    on

hi, Acertainage!
    The warmest of welcomes to you!. I congratulate you on overcoming your fears of joining, as well as admitting that you
    have a problem that is a little to large to handle on your own. That’s a wonderful first step. I’m quite new here, but
    I have already received such love and kindness from these extraordinary people. There is absolutely no judgement
    here. We may come in different sizes and shapes and are at different stages of achieving our goals, but we recognize
    that we are members of the same tribe, seeking a healthier, less self destructive lifestyle.
    Are you looking to banish alcohol from your life, lose weight practicing the BSD, or any combination of the two?
    Let us know how we can help.
    Best wishes, Allie

• posted by Joes Nonna
    on

Welcome Acertainage,

You have no doubt seen that a lot of us have a problem with drinking too much alcohol. Wine seems to be the go to tipple for many of us. I recommended on another post that you visualise the wine glass full of vomit! Think of the smell the look etc. It can really work. Also, as you lose weight you will think, do I really want to undo all that hard work? The real enemy is the alcohol….it really does shit up your body. Apart from the calories, it hurts your liver, kidneys, heart and skin. Why do we do it. I gave up smoking because it was bad for me and took up drinking!

You are not on your own now. We are all here. Our divine leader, Liz, who is on leave at the moment has an enormous kitchen where we (virtually) collect to drink tea. We then march over hills with our arms linked, being stronger together. There is safety in numbers. There is always someone here to support you and advise you if you need it. If we don’t have the answers there are many other threads with clever people who know more than us. I read all the posts each day. There is always something to learn.

Your life sounds lovely. I live in the west midlands in what Estate Agents call a semi-rural place. It is definately the suburbs anyway. I am a proper townie, although I do love to visit the countryside, if only it didn’t have so many insects lol.

Well done for starting today! My weigh day is Tuesday. Tonight, when you think of having a drink…think of me telling you not to! Remember that I am not strict, but kind, I have your best interests at heart. If that doesn’t work, try doing something like painting your nails, having a long bath/shower, go to bed early. Distract yourself in any way possible. It takes 3 days to change a habit…so tell yourself…I can do this for one day….then tomorrow do that again. You can do this, I know you can. We have your back.

Nonna Mary
    xxxx

• posted by Hello 66
    on

Hi All ,
    A very warm welcome to Acertainage , you’re active , you don’t eat unhealthily , but by admission you drink too much , so there’s probably only one way for you to successfully lose weight , and that is to reduce your intake or kick that booze to the kerb altogether if you feel you don’t have control over it , either way you’ve come to the right place to get help & support , so all the best for day 1 , & the week ahead !
    😊 H 66

Nonna Mary , yes I do feel better some days , but other days I still struggle a bit , at times very lethargic , & lack energy , I’ll plod on though !
    Hope all is going well with your house , preparing for sale is never easy , it’s always tricky to know how far to go , & how much to spend when ‘ tarting ‘ up , so good luck with that 🏑

Alex 49 fantastic weight loss πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»

Love to everyone ,
    H 66 xxx

• posted by alliecat
    on

Good morning, Hello 66!

I’m delighted that you enjoyed hearing about my dance routine! Due to the decibel level, my husband emerged from his
    study, a quizzical look on his face. I held out a beckoning hand, inviting him to join me. Before returning to the study, he
    asked me in in a very nonjudgemental way if I knew where the earplugs were.. That’s Jim! He’s used to a whole lot of
    crazy from me. When he declined, I just carried on, using the refrig door handle as my partner.
    Thank you for your very kind and compassionate post. I’ve reviewed your posting history on this thread, and I am so
    overwhelmed with what suffering you have been through over the tragic loss of your son. I’m so very sorry. I truly admire
    your ability to provide comfort to others, after going through so much in your own life.
    Now, about your characterization of Al K Hole… I chortled out loud upon reading it. Is he a creation of your imagination,
    or simply a British expression I’m unfamiliar with? I’ve decided this morning to confiscate his key to my kingdom, and
    I’ve sent him off until the weekend, and I will them decided if he will be readmitted, strictly invitation only! Not only is
    he all of the things you’ve said, but he is also very jealous, and demands too much of my time. Quite cheeky too, since
    he also likes to pick my pocket. Goodbye Al, don’t let the door hit you on the way out.
    Thanks so much for putting a smile on my face today!
    Hugs,
    Allie

• posted by Alex49
    on

Bloody hell…Never rains but what it pours eh? Dad back from hospital today with then news cancer has spread and he has a few months left…Debating whether to have wine but gonna keep pushing it back for a cup of tea until it’s bedtime which might be about 7oclock the way it is going! Hoping you guys are having a good day xxx

• posted by Joes Nonna
    on

Oh Alex49 I am so sorry for your bad news. Having the wine will not change anything, but your mood and way of life. As long as you can ‘forgive’ yourself if you do have one, and you are in control and don’t get into old habits…it is your choice. I offer my shoulder for your tears.

Love
    Nonna Mary
    xxx

on

Alex49 stay strong, have a shower and an early night.

on

Nonna Mary, still a bit “meh” but it pales into insignificance with all the serious shit going on with other members of our army. xx

on

Day 54 in the BSD house.

Had a bad night’s sleep and didn’t feel hungry until my tea so I inadvertently did a 25 hour fast (except 3 brews)

Can’t say I have had any moments of clarity that are supposed to come with fasting, but I don’t feel any worse for it.

FFBB X

• posted by alliecat
    on

Oh, Alex49, feeling so sad for you. This is hard news, regardless of whatever age we happen to be. I lost my precious
    Mother 18 months ago following a massive stroke. My American arms are reaching out to you.
    Hugs,
    Allie

• posted by Alex49
    on

Thank you all for your kind words it is lovely to know you are out there rooting for us. Love n hugs back to you all xxxx

• posted by Alex49
    on

PS…i opted for a cup of tea…its funny but I wouldn’t thank you for alcohol at the moment – strange when I used to use any excuse for a glass of wine! Xx

• posted by Hello 66
    on

Hi Allie ,
    Your Jim may be used to a whole lot of crazy from you , and crazy is good , & can be an absolute must , as we face up to some of the traumas we face in life …..
    Beneath wonderfully zany , crazy even , ( and yes I did see you partnering up to the fridge handle when you were rebuffed by Jim πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚) ,
    I see your other lovely qualities , your kindness , compassion , love & empathy over reading of the sudden tragic loss of my precious son shone through ….. I have to say this did cause some tears to slowly run down my cheeks , I quickly wiped them away , but the warmth of your caring words remain Allie , no wonder Jim & Al are both vying for your love !❀️❀️ Thankyou xx
    Must change the subject , that refrigerator handle wants you out there dancing , and that’s great how you fired him up , but be aware , behind that strong upright exterior , he may be harbouring the enemy ….. Al.K.Hole , he may have knowledge that Al is coldly lying there awaiting his next chance , to Romance you !
    You may say what’s in it for him ?? well Al keeps him full too at times I bet !
    Anyway just be aware Ally , as A has accomplices everywhere I’ve found .
    Just make sure he’s really gone until the weekend , & he’s not lurking around somewhere , in other words ….
    Watch that door !
    Invitation only sounds good , keep your relationship with him more formal , In time he will get bored , will see the romance is fading , and he may just wander off into the life of some other poor unsuspecting victim , where he will start picking their pockets & wreak havoc with their health & weight !
    That’s his style ! Al . K . Hole really is an A.Hole !!
    He is charming I know , he tried to lure me into a rendezvous again last night , my husband went off to see a friend who has had a cancer op , & about five minutes after he left , true to style , Al turned up , & tried to get me interested in a little ‘ one on one ‘ with him !
    I was strong and told him I have a lot of evidence to suggest he has no morals , I know I’m just one of many , God knows HOW MANY , & I’m well aware he doesn’t really care about me , & couldn’t give a stuff where I end up , and then I told him to p… off !
    I have to say with a great sense of pride , I handled him well , I stared him down , he didn’t blow his top , so it all ended well !
    I left him standing , looking forlorn to say the least , gave me a real buzz ! ( I swear it was better than the one he was promising )

Keep on dancing Allie ,
    Xx Hello 66

• posted by Hello 66
    on

Dear Alex 49 ,
    So sad to hear the news about your Dads cancer , but can I say I’m so proud to hear you say you were pushing back your desire to have a wine , that’s a good start to not soothe this sad situation you are all facing , with wine , hope the cuppa tea won .

The thing is , you have a long bumpy road ahead of you , where you will need to be strong to support your dear Dad , as well as for yourself , as you cope with the unknown along the way , but believe me wine ( Al .) doesn’t help long term , if you ‘ turn ‘ to wine for support now , it may lead you to believe that every time you come to a bump in the road , you will need wine to help you over that bump .

As Nonna Mary says , if you can have a stiff drink now , to help you come to terms with this awful news , get it over with , have it , and then leave it , if you feel you can’t do that , don’t have it .

Best to have a cry , be angry , get a tennis racket , and pound the living daylights out of a cushion or pillow , shout & stamp , & say how unfair this is , I swear this will be a better way to deal with this news , than perhaps starting to rely on wine over and over again !

Thinking of you , love and hugs coming your way , 😘😘
    Links arms , we will be with you every step of the way
    H 66

Stay strong Alex

• posted by KazzUK
    on

Good morning everyone

Alex49 – so sorry to hear about your dad. we’re here for you no matter what, as you know. Sending you virtual hugs. xx

Welcome Acertainage. I am also in the Midlands – Redditch in fact … I work in Bham city but am also a country bumpkin at heart and find that i just don’t move quickly enough on the pavements these days and get in the way of all the younger people that walk at 50 miles per hour. Mind you, it’s worse in London on the odd occasion works takes me to that office!

So day 3 behind me – wow, until my new scales arrived and I started weighing everything yesterday, I really didn’t realise how little you can get for your 800 cals if you’re not careful!! So, Monday and Tuesday were estimates. Yesterday I went to 950 cals. I shall consider this week my bedding in week and weigh in on Saturday morning so I will have done 5 days. Saturday weigh in always worked best for me.

I must dash and get ready for work. Have a good day all and I will see you later.

Kx

on

Day 55 in the BSD house.

Can’t believe that tomorrow is the last day.

I haven’t stuck to 800 calories per day but I have achieved a daily calorie average of less than 1000.

Yesterday was a very low calorie day and today I was ravenous. I also had another poor night as I was too hot then it chucked it down so my sleep was very disturbed.

Tomorrow is weigh in and final report from the BSD house.

I still have a lot of weight to lose so I plan on staying within 1000 calories daily average for the month and sticking with the lower carb principals with plenty of multi coloured veg as I am enjoying it.

18:6 I.F also seems to be agreeing with me for the moment but that may change when I start the new job (still awaiting contract so I may have to give a chase up call on Monday).

Perhaps I should rename myself Ficklefattyboombooms?

All the best to my buddies.

FFBB X

• posted by Joes Nonna
    on

FFBB, well done for making it through 8 weeks. I am looking forward to your report tomorrow. So proud of you.

Nonna Mary
    xxxx

on

Gooooood morning buddies.

FINAL DAY IN THE BSD HOUSE.

So this is my final report. I have stuck to the principles and focused on low carb with medium fat. I have had alcohol, crisps, dip and chocolate but I have made sure my daily average over the 8 weeks was less than 1000 calories.

πŸ₯πŸ₯πŸ₯πŸ₯πŸ₯πŸ₯πŸ₯πŸ₯πŸ₯πŸ₯πŸ₯πŸ₯πŸ₯πŸ₯πŸ₯πŸ₯πŸ₯πŸ₯πŸ₯πŸ₯πŸ₯πŸ₯πŸ₯

In 8 weeks I have lost 19 lbs (average of 2.3 lbs per week) AND 3 & 1/2 inches off my belly fat (not 1 inch off the boobs!) I am amazed and so pleased.

Going forward I will carry on with this style of eating (why wouldn’t I? it is delicious and nutritious) but keep an eye on the junk food/empty calories from alcohol.

Basically be aware of old habits/patterns and ensuring they don’t creep back in.

Finally, for now, thanks to all who have commented and offered support. It means a lot.

Have a great day peeps,

FFBB X

P.S I did this to kick start my weight loss as I am not pre/diabetic. xxx

on

Well done FFBB!
    You have obviously made a great start, gained some tools and lost weight and inches. You should be proud of yourself πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

I’m sticking with the principles too. I had readjusted my goal to 9 stone 5 but have re-evaluated to 9 stone 7 as I’m beginning to look scrawny! I have 4/5lbs to go but will do it slowly while upping my intake. Don’t see myself ever leaving the forum. They are such a fab, supportive bunch and I would miss them all too much!

Happy Friday everyone. I have a day off today and intend to wallow! Off to rigby and peller tomorrow to be fitted for new bras. Unlike you FFBB, my boobs have really suffered and need professional help 😱 I miss them!

L xx

on

Out of interest, does anyone else have a gurgling stomach? It’s like mine is constantly talking to me? It’s only happened lately but it’s driving me mad!
    L x

• posted by Joes Nonna
    on

Good Morning FFBB….a massive WELL DONE to you. You must be feeling amazing. Congratulations on recognising that this is a way of life not a way of eating. The people who gain weight again, go back to the old way of eating! Madness!

Please come and visit us as you are one of the family.

Leelee, my tummy does gurgle, but that is quite normal for me, although it does seem louder than usual. Have a great wallow!

Love Nonna Mary
    xxx

• posted by Hello 66
    on

Congratulations FFBB , a great achievement , as Nonna Mary says , do pop in and say Hello now and again , will miss your little pearls of wisdom .
    All the very best with your new job , let us know how you get on 😊

Bye for now ,
    Hello 66 πŸ’

• posted by KazzUK
    on

Congratulation from me also, FFBB. You are coming back aren’t you?! To share the next stage?

LeeLee – aren’t Rigby & Peller magicians?! πŸ™‚ Just kidding… mind you…. a previous large weight loss 13 years ago gave me “spaniel ears…” not funny. Enjoy your wallow!

Yes, my whole internal system is constantly gurlging and breaking wind! Seriously. I only have to drink something and off it goes again. I just hope it’s doing it some good!

I tell you what I have noticed, and others have commented on it… just in the last 2 days, whenever I get up from my desk, I’m not aching in the hips and knees and walking like a cowboy! I’m definitely walking faster around the office! Zero bread…. but bread is my “nicotine”, my “chocolate”, my comfort. Bread – up to 6/8 slices a day. Crusty, thickly buttered, strong cheddar or any kind of cheese. Toast, toast, toast! Seriously. How bad is that… no wonder i was in such a state. Still am but getting better.

I need some breakfast ideas that I can have at work. What do other people have for breakfast? I’m not keen on yogurt unfortunately. Went on a fruit and yogurt diet when I was 16 and now I heave just at the smell…. I’ve been having either 2 boiled eggs, a large pear, or a large apple. Alternating.

Enjoy your Friday and see you over the weekend.
    Kx

• posted by alliecat
    on

Good morning, fellow tribeswomen. Hope everyone is having a good day so far.

H 66, I’m very proud of you for rebuffing AL the other night. I can certainly understand how he can think it is
    an advantagious time to pounce, when the activities of your day are winding down, and you find yourself
    in an empty house. Stay strong, lovely lady. I think I heard him rattling the door, trying to get in here around 10:00
    last night. I just turned out the lights and took myself off to bed.

Nonna Mary, I hope making a decision to downsize will help to reduce some of the stress in your life. Sometimes
    elevated cortisol levels can play havoc with weight loss! When Jim decided to leave the corporate world and
    reinvent himself as a “college professor” about 10 years ago, we downsized from a large 4 bedroom home to
    an apartment a considerable distance away. I know the prodigious amount of work there is to do, so PLEASE
    pace yourself. You don’t want to exacerbate your arthritis! Thinking of you.

Leelee, congratulations on your weight loss! At 5’7″ my original target was 150lbs. I have reached the scrawny stage
    too, and have decided on 140 as the absolutely lowest I can go without looking “skeletal”. Down to 143 today, .5lb
    away from a total loss of 50% of myself. I hope you’ll join me in figuring out this maintenance thing! I completely
    understand the “disappearing boobs” problem. My chest looks like it has been run over with a steam roller. I
    recently had to be fitted with a prosthetic mastectomy bra in order for my clothes to hang properly. Strangely
    traumatic to be suddenly missing a part of oneself! Good luck with your fitting.

Other newbies, let us know how you are getting on.

Allie

on

To my fellow soldiers.

Have no fear, I will still be here posting my highs and lows. I will still be posting my weekly losses. You don’t get rid of me that easily!

I am not at a size I want to stay at so until that happens I will be marching with you all and since this is for life, I am a lifetime member. Like Lee, if the forum is here, then so am I.

FFBB X

on

KazzUK, have you tried including I.F? I used to have breakfast because that was normal. I recently got into the habit of just having 2 brews with whole milk when I get up and then just water until lunch (so 18:6). I have noticed that 95% of the time my hunger comes in waves and it is manageable.

FFBB

• posted by topcac
    on

Hi there – I’ve been lurking for a while and reading your posts but didn’t feel I could contribute as I don’t have an issue with alcohol. However, when I read Kazzuk’s post about brekkie ideas I thought I would wade in (and then swiftly wade out again)

Kazz, I’m with FFBB in that I don’t really eat anything until 11am but it is breakfast that I eat and here are some ideas – I do eat the omelettes cold!

Cheese and mushroom omelette (2 egg)
    Spinach and pea omelette (from MM’s original book)
    Wafer thin ham and two boiled eggs
    Smoked salmon and scrambled eggs
    There’s also Mexican hash in the original diet book which would be OK cold (without the egg maybe) or if you have a micro at work then cheesy beans also from the original diet book would work heated up.
    If you’re at home you could have a full fry up – there’s a recipe in MM’s recipe book but it’s basically bacon, sausage, spinach, mushrooms, grilled tomato and an egg – it’s yummy – 9g carbs (dependent on the sausage – get 90% pork ones) and 330 cals and you only need one more meal that day.
    Otherwise you could just have some berries and nuts without the yoghurt.

Hope that helps

TC

• posted by Hello 66
    on

Hi Kazz ,
    As FFBB suggested , try skipping breakfast sometimes , & make that 1st meal of the day lunch , making it a long fast from your previous evening meal .
    This only works if you can function at work without breakfast , I’m fine doing a couple of days 5:2 fasting , but if I’m out and about & busy I really need breakfast , so tend to only do a fast day when I’m home .
    Have you tried making little crustless mini quiches , you can make a dozen , and take 2 or 3 to work to have as breakfast , they can be eaten cold and are really satiating I find .
    Allie thank you for being proud of me for rebuffing Al , not surprised the sleeze bag was rattling your door around ten last night , what a creep , he just doesn’t give up easily , all praise to you for turning out the lights & turning in πŸ‘πŸ‘
    Good luck over the weekend if you are tempted to let him in , stay in control , if you feel he is getting the better of you , just warn him that you’ll call in the troops , & we will be there in a flash !
    Lee Lee you must be so proud , this W.O.E. really does work , and I look forward to getting to my goal weight and keeping my blood sugars within normal limits , by sticking with the principals here , the thought of looking a bit scrawny like you and Allie sounds like music to my ears , sweet sweet music 🎢🎢🎢
    FFBB , so glad to hear you’re not defecting , I want to become a L.T.M. too , when I reach my goal weight , & my HbA1c shows that I’ve put my Pre Type 2 Diabetes to bed , until then I have to remain awake and alert to any obstacles put in my way that will stop or delay my reaching these important health goals .
    Hello to Nonna Mary , guess you’re flat out , thinking of you ,hoping you will at least see a weight loss by next week , a bonus for all your toil !
    Hope it’s a great weekend for everyone ,
    Hello 66 xxx

• posted by Joes Nonna
    on

Whose that knocking on the dooor,
    Whose that ringing the bell,
    It’s that bloody Al. K . Hole, who has been rejected and trying his luck with me!
    Well he is well and truly kicked to the kerb. Not interested, no siree!

Well done girls. Stay strong.

Liz, we are thinking of you. Hope you, Kev and Mum are ok.

Good news for us. Jovis took our redundancy insurance years ago and I have complained about paying the premiums, but the news is, they have to pay us until February 2018…so that eases the pressure. We can go ahead with the tarting up at our leisure. Thank you for all your good wishes. You are a great bunch.

Love to all,
    Nonna Mary
    xxxx

on

Oh Nonna Mary, that will ease the pressure. I am pleased for you both.

Take care,

FFBB X

• posted by Hello 66
    on

Oh Nonna Mary , FANTASTIC news re the Redundancy Insurance , dancing with joy for you and your Jovis πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ˜˜πŸ˜˜
    Can imagine sleezy old Al.K.Hole thought you’d want his company to Celebrate ….. WRONG !!! Go Nonna , we’re all putting him in his place big time , at the kerb with the rubbish !

And on we march , together as one .
    Love and hugs , H 66 xx

• posted by KazzUK
    on

Good morning fellow BSDers!

A warm welcome to Topcac and thank you for the brunch ideas.

I hadn’t considered I.F. But it does make sense particularly when making the most of your 800 cals.

Thank you for the link nonna Mary. It was interesting to read. I have a lot to learn.

Well I’ve just weighed myself after 5 days and I’ve lost 5 lbs! A short week as I prefer Saturday weigh ins. Now I’m really motivated! I have the kit and menus planned for my next week ahead!

Thank you all for your support. I’m off to cut the hedge and do a bit of weeding! See you later!

Kx

• posted by Joes Nonna
    on

Good Morning everyone.

Thank you for your good wishes (we say that a lot on this thread).

Hello66…I love marching with you! You are such fun.

Kazzuk…bloody well done. That is a great start! I will let you know on Tuesday how I am doing. Until then, enjoy the gardening. It is supposed to be good weather today, but it has greyed over and looks a little like rain. Fingers crossed it brightens up again!

Have a good weekend everyone.

Love Nonna Mary
    xxxx

• posted by alliecat
    on

Morning, All:

KazzUK, I”m so happy for you! Five pounds in 5 days is a great beginning. Your enthusiasm is really refreshing.
    I know this way of eating works, and you’ll never view food the same way again. When I started out, I read
    Gary Taubes book “Why We Get Fat…And What To Do About It”. I can’t recommend it enough.

In a previous life, we may have been related! Upon reflection, I have to credit bread, cheese and wine (and inactivity)
    for my obscene weight gain. Hack away at the shrubbery and pull those weeds! All that stretching and bending
    will be great for you. By the way, I just loved your reference to the cowboy walk. In days past, not only could I
    do that walk, but usually upon rising from a chair, an unladylike grunt accompanied it…

Have a great day in the garden!

Allie

on

Just a note to say, love ❀️ my new bras! The puppies are back where they should be 🀣🀣

Credit card not so happy…

L xx

• posted by Joes Nonna
    on

Happy Sunday everyone.

LeeLee, glad you have those puppies trained, I don’t know why and you probably don’t know who I mean, but Barbara Woodhouse comes to mind. Utube her lol.

I have heard many people speak of Miso soup…do you make it yourself or buy it ready made?

Stay well everyone.

Love Nonna Mary
    xxxx

on

Nonna Mary I do remember Barbara Woodhouse!. My puppies took “walkies!” too seriously. They walked to my knees!!

I have instant miso which does the trick, particularly when I was on 800 but I imagine home made is much better. I’m not a great cook, so didn’t risk it!

Happy Sunday everyone

L xx

Please log in or register to post a reply.