New life choice for determined alcoholic

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by fattyfattyboomboooms
    on

Day 48 in the BSD house.

Not much to report after yesterdays big news, just wanted to log in another day.

Lovely evening so off for a stroll.

FFBB X

• posted by Inka13
    on

Leelee, so sorry, just realised my spellcheck changed your name to Lesley!! Xx

on

Day 49 in the BSD house.

Phew. 2 lbs lost this week.

Could be the slight increase in calories or the 18:6 I.F or both but I will keep doing it this way until it stops for a while and then switch it up again.

See? Flexible….not rigid. I have the right foundations in place to go forward and by that I mean the core principals of the BSD.

Grocery shopping and lunch out today. Sainsbury`s cafe for lunch (last of the big spenders) so I will be having ham salad and I am taking some salad dressing with me.

Looks like it is going to be showery and grey today, weather wise. Very dull morning up North.

Hope you all have fun Fridays.

FFBB X

• posted by crabbycams
    on

My goodness, there is quite a lot happening out there, some good and some not so much causing lots of stress.
    Well done everyone for battling through. Sadly, although you are inspiring, nothing has worked for me this week.

Warning, this is a whinge about to happen. Skip if you like.

I’ve been sick all week with bronchitis, a cough to rattle a coffin, wheezing like a ancient car and sounding like I’m about to expire. Doc and I decided to try and survive without antibiotics. Stayed home all week and the only happy person in the house is the cat with me to lie on. Have not tested blood sugar as my magic potion of garlic, ginger and lemon does taste better with honey and plenty of it. Toast and chocolate have also featured in the comfort food stakes.

Dear friend helped out yesterday shopping for some essential supplies (sourdough bread and garlic dip) but had to go out today to obtain more drugs as had run out of some medications.

Not impressed. Fed up. Better be better by Monday or … will spit the dummy at the very least. Whinge over.

Dear Nonna Mary, Jovis will get some work but it is so tough at our age. Very dispiriting particularly for men as I think they take more of their identity from their work than perhaps women, at least until children fly the coop. I’m sure he is doing all he can and you are being a wonderful support.

Hugs from CC

• posted by EC
    on

oh…to all of you having difficult times…..life deals some shit hands sometimes….SO sorry Mary, C/cams, everyone facing hard times

…but Lee…that is a really hard one

So this is for you….your quote reminded me of this song on a previous post…and she also has a beautiful song called “where were you”?…about grief….it may not resonate….but (it was also the favourite of another friend who dies of cancer last year)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1-CnWdF8dE

• posted by Hello 66
    on

Lee , so very sorry to hear news of your favourite Aunt’s stroke , do hope you are right that it wasn’t major and she will do well .
    Your other news of the tragic death of your Family friend , a Father of 3 , is shocking for the whole Family , his poor Mother will never be able to erase the images of seeing him hanging in the wardrobe , & what a sad occasion that will be his Funeral , or perhaps WAS as you read here , dearest love to you , thoughts & prayers for all Family and friends as they mourn this sudden loss , may he now rest in peace ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™
    Love and hugs ,
    H 66 ๐Ÿ˜˜๐Ÿ˜˜

• posted by Hello 66
    on

FFBB Yes you were right twice AND in one day , maybe more than twice ๐Ÿ˜€
    You actually seem to really have the handle on how this all really works , so good for you , & I’m always willing to pick up useful pieces of wisdom & knowledge ,even if it’s a handy piece of info for another ‘recruit’ , I can learn from it , take it on board , & use it in my quest for better health , body ,& best of all to ward off Type 2 Diabetes , so keep it coming ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘Œโค๏ธ
    H 66

• posted by Hello 66
    on

Alex 49 ,
    Hearty congrats to you , 8 pounds in a week , what a great start , & such incentive for you to keep going forward with this plan ๐Ÿ‘ and you feel good , I would be ecstatic to see that result so quickly , I’m looking forward to losing my first 8 pounds !
    & you’ve kicked the booze out , good for you ๐Ÿ˜Š
    XxH 66

• posted by Leeleecheechee
    on

I’m so touched. I can’t thank you all enough for your kind words and support.

The funeral was understandably sad. It’s the shock and because it came completely out of the blue. The church was packed with standing room only. If only he knew how loved he was.

In other news, the ยฃ150 dress I bought last month for my cousins funeral was too big!! It’s wearable and did its duty today (though my new shoes tore my feet to shreds!) but I see another visit to the tailor in my future….

I think upping my intake is sensible now. I’m looking a bit scrawny. So it’s 1200 per day now and 1500 at weekends.

Today my cat was diagnosed with an overactive thyroid. He’s lost almost as much as me! So daily medication for the boy now. That will be nice and cheap!!

Off to the athletics tomorrow, so I suspect a day off plan, but life is life and after today, I’m determined to make the most of every minute.

Well done to you all for another sterling week. I’m so proud of us all.

L xx

• posted by Canadaliz
    on

Hey Babes. Mum had another stroke and is still in intensive care and on palliative care. I just know she is going to pull through. My Mum can’t leave me yet. I need her. I haven’t gone to the bottle. I have taken strength from linking arms and marching forward. Truth. I am in tears right now but I am okay. I have you. My boys went home this evening and that was a heart melt. I have gained 6.2 lbs but I don’t give a shit. Life has been a bit harsh and my heart is broken but I have linked arms with you and am marching forward. but I am a little scared as a can’t imagine my life without my Mum. I just know that my Mum is going to pull through. I need her. And I need you guys. We are arms linked. We have a battle to wage and we are doing it. And we will succeed. We will have blips but you know what?–we are the boss of our choice. I’m putting on the kettle and thinking of each of you. I will stand by my kitchen door with my cup of calm ad think of each of you. xo Just Liz

• posted by Canadaliz
    on

Hey California Girl, you have no idea how much your heart means. I am home for a shower and food. It is just before midnight here and I am heading back to the hospital. I have so much to share–recipes and experiences but for not I need to be with my Mum. I am linking arms and heading back.
    Tired Liz

• posted by Joes Nonna
    on

Liz, I hope you see this soon.

We have your back. Anytime you want to have a grump about anything, we are here to listen. (Or private message on facebook).

Mums are so special and of course you should be with her, she needs you. When you do manage to get some sleep, my support will be your pillow and my love in your dreams. Please take care my friend.

Also, if you want a change of scenery, you can come to my kitchen for tea, although it isn’t as cosy as yours.

Lots of love
    Nonna Mary
    xxxx

on

Lovely Liz

We share your pain. The older we get, the more we appreciate our mothers and it’s hard to see them falter.

We are here for you, whenever you need us. Hugs, love โค๏ธ and prayers with you all right now.

Lee xxx

• posted by Joes Nonna
    on

Lee, what colour are you wearing so I can look out for you at the athletics?

Mary Nonna
    xxx

on

Doubt you will see me Mary but I’m in a cream jumper with navy stripes with red writing across the front!

Can’t wait! On the train now fuelled with eggs and coffee with cream and two protein bars in my bag for an emergency food break if I can find nowt to eat!

L xx

on

I will put a pic up on fb when we arrive. My friend is very good with selfies whereas I’m a Luddite!

on

Day 50 in the BSD house.

Had a walk in the sunshine and stopped and smelled the roses. It makes a change to have nice weather.

Bought a lunch bag yesterday in anticipation of having to take chilled food when on a late….it has pretty flamingos on it. I already have ice packs.

Bought onion and garlic dip yesterday from Tesco, which is something I used to really like but it appears I have lost my taste for it. I must have had 50 g maximum before I washed it down the sink. It’s funny because I also had a free sample of a pizza that used to be on my list every week and I didn’t even swallow it…it was far too sweet for something that should be savoury.

Bought a bar of Green and Black’s 70 % cocoa with Anglesea Sea Salt as it was reduced to clear. WOW, that is some delicious chocolate!

I think my tastes are changing.

Hope you all had nice days.

FFBB X

• posted by Hello 66
    on

As you sit with your precious Mum in I.C.U . Liz , know we are all there alongside you , arms linked as always .
    Stay strong dear friend . โค๏ธ๐Ÿ˜˜๐Ÿ’ H 66

• posted by Joes Nonna
    on

FFBB, the weather here is good too. Your tastes are changing. Mine have. Although I have never had a sweet tooth, I do like sugar in my tea. However, I am reducing the amount and still enjoying my tea.

Stay well.

Nonna Mary
    xxxx

• posted by Imari
    on

My thoughts and prayers go to Liz and her Mom.
    All will be well….

• posted by Inka13
    on

Thinking of you Liz and hope all is going ok xxxxx inka

• posted by grahamnt
    on

Hi, @ Leeleecheechee. Same here, I also do have the habit of posting selfies at facebook but I do the editing first because I wanted it to look good, so I have my fave cool PhotoViewerPro for my photo effects.

• posted by KazzUK
    on

Hello everyone

This is the most wonderful thread of support and care I have ever come across! I would love to join you all as I embark on my BSD journey starting tomorrow. I stumbled across this website last weekend and have been reading up and researching ever since. I had a lightbulb moment! I ordered the recipe book and cleared out my cupboards and fridge freezer this weekend and went shopping! In fact, I am starting tonight with baked salmon and roast veg. I’ll be 55 in 2 weeks time, am 5′ 4″, weigh 18.7 stone, have diverticular disease with ibs type symptoms, the runny sort! And have psoriasis on 60% of me and had acne rosacea but can control that with sudocreme. Hormonal perhaps? I am alcohol dependent getting thru 10 bottles of wine a week at my worst but have managed to stop except for fri, sat, and Sunday. I love everyone’s honesty and find you all so inspiring. I am so miserable and fed up with myself to be honest and fed up with feeling tired all the time. But I’m feeling tentatively hopeful and determined for the first time in a decade. My very best wishes to you all. Kaz x

on

KazzUK,

Welcome. You will find no judgement here with regards to food/alcohol/lifestyle. I have never “met” such a supportive bunch (that also applies to fat secret peeps)

I have been following the principals for a few weeks now and plan on carrying them on for life. It is such a tasty way to eat, and more nutritious than LCHF.

My advice it to LOG and WEIGH everything you eat. Get yourself a decent set of electronic food scales (I use Salter) so you can cancel the weight of the pan and add food. It will also teach you what a portion looks like and makes you get the most out of your calories. Use smaller plates. Plates have grown in size along with our waistbands. Water is your friend. I have IBS (runny) and this plan is great for that, I am now regular and only have to take Imodium when I get my period. Have you researched soluble vs insoluble fibre?

Use an app or a calorie counting website (I use fat secret, I have it set up for fat/fibre/net carbs and protein) Well done on reducing your alcohol intake. I still have an occasional drink as I was a binge drinker, not alcohol dependant.

8 weeks ago I thought Wispas were delicious and disliked dark chocolate. Now? 70 %/85 % cocoa Green and Blacks organic chocolate is heavenly and 1 square satisfies any urge.

Some of the calorie counts in the recipe book are “off” which is why I suggest a website/app which will help you be more accurate.

I wish you luck.

FFBB X

on

Day 51 in the BSD house.

About to have a glass of chardonnay, also having a small bag of Walkers cheese and onion crisps dipped in sour cream and chive dip. I weighed out 50 g of dip and disposed of the rest.

This would appear to the uninitiated as being “bad” but to me it is a breakthrough. Consider this; the 32 g bag was 80p, it was next to a 150 g bag of the same crisps for ยฃ1 (how does that help people make the right choice, more food is less expensive?! bonkers). The small 250 ml bottle of wine was ยฃ2.50 when the 700 ml bottle was ยฃ4.60. I overcame my ingrained habit of never wasting food to dispose of the dip I would not eat.

It would have been cost effective to “upsize” and my friendly cashier told me so but I explained I only fancied a taste, not a binge.

All my linen has been line dried, my bed is made and I am off for a shower. I had a very frustrating day in the shop so it is a miracle I only bought small servings. I take it as a good sign that I consciously made the choice to buy normal.

Hope you all had successful Sundays.

FFBB X

• posted by alliecat
    on

hi kazz, and welcome!
    you are right. this is a very special thread. so much
    love here. I’ve been reading thru these threads for
    several months, but it wasn’t until

Hi Kazz, and a very warm welcome to you. I’ve
    been reading these threads for several months, and
    there is indeed something very special happening
    here, and I’ve longed to be part of it. I just registered
    today because of your post. I’ve hesitated however,
    because I’m American, and have accomplished a
    weight loss of 140 lb doing my own version of BSD,
    without knowing about this diet. This truly works!
    I have also had an unhealthy relationship with
    wine…It would be my honor to support you as you
    take your first tentative steps toward wellness and
    not being sick and tired all the time.
    best,
    allie

• posted by Hello 66
    on

Welcome Kaz ,
    As you’ve noticed we’re all in the same boat here , support each other wherever needed , & offer suggestions to make this life changing plan work .
    FFBB has offered some great advice re weighing & logging food , smaller plates etc ., ‘ guesstimating ‘ never did work for me , & I do weigh food regularly now.
    As for the alcohol , you’ve managed to successfully cut it back to certain days
    , what a great start , before you know it , you’ll be cutting out another day , as you grow stronger and see results on those scales …. Most alcohol has way too many calories which makes it hard to lose weigh whilst boozing , so I’m finding I’d rather eat my calories than drink them now ( this is mostly the case , with the odd ‘slip up ‘ !)
    Anyway all the very best to you Kaz ., you can do this , you will feel & look better , and we will be here for you ๐Ÿ˜˜
    H 66

• posted by KazzUK
    on

Thank you FFBb for your very warm welcome. Yes, decent scales is a must and it didn’t cross my mind as I looked at my old fashioned scales with a dial that changes every time I lift the pan off! Amazon here I use come! I have the myfitnespal app so will see how I go with that but I do love keeping a daily journal too. I’ll also look into the fibre thing. I’m looking forward, peeping over the wall for the first time in a long time. It’s such a relief! Xx

• posted by KazzUK
    on

Alliecat, that is an awesome achievement! That’s 10 stone for us on this side of the pond. Well done and welcome also! I look forward to supporting too. Kx

• posted by KazzUK
    on

H66 – thank you! I am very encouraged and can’t wait for tomorrow to begin. Taking control, finally! I’m will have two boiled eggs for breakfast. I’m already looking forward to stinking out the office! That’s a good sign – my sense of humour is returning! Must be the relief! Kx

on

You’re welcome KazzUK

The good thing about digital scales is you turn them on, put on your plate/pan and then press “zero”. Then you add your food and get exact measurements. Some fibres make you go and some make you slow. I seem to have found my balance, finally.

I record here every day, as I do on Fat Secret (and yes, all members HATE the name) as i find it keeps me accountable.

Don’t think you have to be perfect in your calories, if you have read the threads you will see we are all imperfect.

FFBB X

on

Are you OK Nonna Mary? Usually you and I are the only daily posters on here.

• posted by Hello 66
    on

FFBB ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘to you for buying the small crisps & wine and not upsizing which was better value for money in both instances , & for being able to discard the rest of the dip ๐Ÿ‘
    We’ve all been conditioned to waste not , want not as far as food is concerned , & many of us lean towards looking for value for money , but neither of these do us any favours when we’re trying to lose weight though !
    Must say I’m impressed FFBB !
    I recently refused my husband’s sensible suggestion whilst dining out , to order me a piccolo of sparkling wine , as the price was ridiculous compared to the 750 ml bottle …..
    I am a work in progress

• posted by Joes Nonna
    on

Yay….new members….welcome, welcome, welcome. FFBB…I have been a bit busy today, but I am back now. I can only echo what everyone else has said. It doesn’t matter if you are in the USA, Australia or Timbuktu….we are all on the same path to a healthier lifestyle. I too used to drink two bottles of wine a night but, once you decide not to, it is actually easy!

A word of caution….I have not lost weight like other people…but, I have stuck to the regime. I actually took this week off and although I counted my calories, I wasn’t as strict as usual. I haven’t gained weight, and I haven’t lost any either…so I will restrict myself from Tuesday which is my weigh day.

I now weigh 17st 6 lbs….244 lbs. I would like to lose 100 lbs….but if I don’t, that’s ok…as long as I lose something. I also know that it is not going to fall off by itself…work is needed on my part too. I am a lazy bi**h by nature. Have to get off this fat arse and move more.

FFBB. Bloody brilliant for only buying a taste! Not only will your body feel better but your mindset if amazing.

Hello66, as long as you own your drinking and it doesn’t own you…you are in control. I drank out of habit…it only takes 3 days to break a habit so I feel good about myself.

Lizzie special thoughts go to you and your mum. xxx

Lots of love to everyone….sing as we go!

Love Nonna Mary
    xxxxx

• posted by alliecat
    on

hi mary
    thank you for your welcome! I just joined today,
    but I’ve been following this thread in silent awe
    of all of you since it’s inception. I wish I had
    discovered the BSD a year ago, instead of having
    to do my own research and work it out for myself
    beginning 6/2016. Since that date I’ve lost 140 lbs.
    and can’t help thinking how wonderful it would have
    been to share this journey with all of you. Bless
    you Mary for keeping this thread alive while the
    incredible Liz is inundated with life’s most serious
    of problems. You are always here to support
    everyone, and it is an inspiration to read your
    posts. I’m trying to figure out what maintenance
    will look like for me, and how to manage what
    role I can allow wine to have in my life. Allie

• posted by Joes Nonna
    on

Awww shucks Allie, thank you for your kind words and bloody hell girl, way to go losing 10 stone! And on your own! I so wish I could have helped but I am here now. Have you access to the 5:2 diet by Michael Moseley? It seems to be the way most people maintain on this way of life.

From what I have read, the answer is to increase your calories slowly week by week, and keep a close eye on the scales. Of course returning to loads of carbs will not help you at all. A lot of people on this forum (not this thread) gain weight after the loss because they allow themselves the bad habits they had before. Don’t do it…you have worked so hard and come so far! I would say…if you really want to drink, set yourself rules…such as….only if I go out, or if at home, only buy one bottle…or like FFBB a tiny bottle which is just a glassful. If I think of any other ways I will let you know. USA is so massive whereabout (which state) are you. We have just about got the globe covered here I think.

Well done again,
    Love Nonna Mary
    xxxxx

• posted by KazzUK
    on

Good morning all!

I just wanted to clarify having weighed myself this morning on day 1, I am 18.6. My two boiled eggs are cooling and I’m about to go and get ready for work. Salad for lunch is packed also. New electronic scales are on order together with a diary so I can log everything including thoughts.

My thoughts are with CanadaLiz and LeeLee this morning however …. sending virtual hugs ….

Linking arms (if I may?) with you all.

Kx

on

Morning all!
    Monday is weigh day and 1lb off. ( why did I set weigh day as a Monday, the worst day off the week?!!). Given that I’m slowly progressing towards maintenance with 1000 cals per day and 1500 at weekends I’m chuffed with that.

I must admit I went off plan at the athletics. The food options were amazing and my lunch option came in at 1100 cals alone! But strangely it didn’t satisfy me the way the bsd friendly food does. I abstained from the booze, popcorn and sweets (my friend spent ยฃ16 on pic n mix ๐Ÿ˜ฑ) so generally a successful day. My friends are doing 5:2 and looking fab on it (pic on fb, though not the most flattering of me!)

So, as a new week starts following a pretty crappy one, I’m thankful for you all. I’m thinking of Liz and hoping she and Kev are coping.

Happy Monday all xx

on

ยฃ16 on pick n mix?!!!! Bloody hell Lee, for that I would want someone to unwrap them and feed them to me.

• posted by alliecat
    on

good morning lovely ladies, and thank you kazzuk for your kind words, and especially nonna mary for your thoughtful post.
    I’ve become very invested in the success of all of you here trying to improve your lives. I have a sense of you all from what
    you have courageously shared here. I’ll endeavor to try to provide a thumbnail of myself. Thank you all who have the
    perseverence to get thru it!
    I would like to tell you that in june 2016 I took control of my life. I didn’t. It took place after my husband was diagnosed
    with stage 3 heart failure and extensive coronary artery disease. There was also evidence of a silent heart attack previously
    undiagnosed. I studied heart nutrition with respect to his specific condition, following 2 complicated stenting procedues in
    june 2016, and my goal was to try and prevent further build-up of plaque in his arteries. I also committed to not asking him to
    do anything I wasn’t prepared to do.
    I’m 68 years young, 5’7″ tall and had been studiously avoiding scales for 17 years. At age 50 I was in excellent health,
    weighed 14lbs within a healthy BMI and walked 4-5 miles a day 5-6 times a week. I contracted lyme disease at this time,
    and it has been a descent into chronic pain, fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue syndrome and an obscene weight gain of
    140 lb since then.
    We began changing to a mediterranean whole food, organic diet. Two months in OH hit a plateau. I now had to brave
    the scales myself, and for the next 18 days they didn’t move. Back to more research, this time on low carb med diets.
    I dropped net carbs to 20-25/day, and calorie restricted to under 800/day. Ten months later I had shed 140 lbs, and
    felt like a frisky 40 year old! But life had more in store for us…..
    OH diagnosed with colon cancer in feb 2017. Admitted for surgery 3rd week of may. His risk factors for pulmonary embolism,
    stroke and heart attack were considerably higher due to heart disease. Surgery went well, but 5 days post op he developed
    a life threatening bleed out. Five days later on the eve of discharge he went into a-fib and had to be shocked 5 times while
    conscious, to restore normal heart function. We spent days and nights together in the ICU. Two days later a defibrillator
    was implanted in his chest, and he was finally released to my home care 3+ wks later. Somewhere in these weeks I
    had achieved my goal weight, but I was totally unaware of it, and had no ability to recognize it as an achievement.
    What I wish to share here isn’t the real life drama, but the silver lining that inspite of the terror i was living thru, the
    principles of this way of life stuck with me, and at no time did I even contemplate stress eating.
    “my jim” has recovered well, and expects to return to full time occupation of professor. He has handled all of the
    challenges with strength, courage and dignity. I haven’t faired quite so well, and seem to be suffering from some mild
    form of PTSD. I have allowed wine back into my life after abstaining for the 10 months of my 140 lb weight loss
    journey. I continue to eat exactly the same foods as before, but the only reason I am now maintaining is because wine
    brings my calories up to 1200 per day. That’s equal to about 3 glasses of chardonnay per night, and I fully realize that
    it is both unwise and unsustainable. I see wisdom and sense in your suggestions, nonna mary..thank you !
    Perhaps I can find a way to implement them.
    Thank you all most sincerely if you’ve made it thru my post. Starting weight: 285 lbs. Current weight: 145. I’m
    flirting with the thought of trying to lose 2.5 more lbs. which will represent a loss of 50% of myself since june 2016.
    What do you think?
    Allie

on

Day 52 in the BSD house.

Just a quickie. No ill effects from yesterday which I am pleased about. No cravings or headache.

Hope all my buddies are A OK.

FFBB X

• posted by Joes Nonna
    on

Allie, I have just read your post and a lot of it resonated with me. My daughter suffers from Fibromyalgia and more recently after giving birth and hemorrhaging she suffers PTSD. I know how debilitating and painful Fibro is…you are a very brave lady. To work as hard as you have to lose this weight shows that you have an incredible strength. I wish I had half of it! You have had the shittiest year and I totally understand the enjoyment of the wine, but there are other foodstuffs that will bring your calories up. Nuts, dips, etc. Much healthier for you. But, please know I am not judging or telling you off. You deal with things the best you can. I am so pleased your Jim is on the mend…he has been through it too! My Jovis had stents fitted after a small heart attack a couple of years ago. He was reluctant to “diet”, but soon gave up potatoes, past and rice. He still has a sandwich each day, but has cut this down from 6 slices to 2/4. He has also restricted his alcohol intake.

My message to you is this….you have been through hell and back..be kind to yourself and remember you are important too! You have done most of the hard work and now just need to readjust the booze (I think you know this anyway). Maybe, you could start by drinking every other day? I used to drink on any day with an A in it lol.

As for the last 2.5 lbs, if you really want to then go for it.

Love Nonna Mary
    xxx

• posted by Joes Nonna
    on

Leelee, ยฃ16 on sweets! OM.F.G. That is obscene. You could get 3 bottles of wine for that lol…

FFBB…I am still here my friend…glad you have no ill effects, now you know you can do it again, some time in the future.

Kazzuk, welcome to our little linking walk….up the hill with CanadaLiz et al.

Love Nonna Mary
    xxxx

on

Oh my word. What a struggle these last few days have been foodwise.

I had chips at the athletics on Saturday and now I’m constantly hungry ๐Ÿ˜ฑ I now know why I stick to plan. Interestingly the hovis low carb bread doesn’t trigger any reaction like this. So I guess I know where to get my carbs from. That and my veg of course! So, now I have to battle thru hunger pangs again.
    Trust me guys, it isn’t worth it!!!

L xxx

• posted by Joes Nonna
    on

LeeLee, its amazing how quickly our bodies adapt to not want simple carbs. You will be fine. xxx

Nonna Mary
    xxxx

• posted by alliecat
    on

Good evening all!. On the other side of the pond, you must all be preparing for lights out. Here in New England (Connecticut)
    I have the CD player cranked up to high volume as I gyrate and dance to the sounds of Melissa Manchester as I prepare
    wild salmon, steamed spinach and a dill cucumber salad for dinner.
    KazzUK, I hope you rode on the wave of enthusiasm throughout the day!.
    Nonna Mary, thank you from the bottom of my heart for replying to my post. Your compliments made me tearful.
    I’ve decided to adopt your “just for today” strategy, and then re-evaluate on the weekend. Perhaps the idea of the 5:2
    can be be applied to weekend only consumption of alcohol. I’m so pleased that you rode out your discouragement
    the week past, and decided to press on. It doesn’t matter at all that your goals may take you a little longer to achieve.
    You are here, and I know you will get where you want to go in the end. I will be on hand to wish you a happy birthday come
    January. I’m so sorry that your daughter has fibromyalgia. It must be so difficult for her with a small child (children).
    Sleep well!
    Allie

• posted by Hello 66
    on

Hi Allie ,
    Can I just say it is wonderful to hear that you are still cranking up the music and dancing despite the rather horrendous year you’ve all been through , but it’s no wonder also , that you’ve sought a little solace from our friend and foe AL . K . Hole !
    Thing is Al starts out as our friend , seemingly dependable , always there , ready to sooth & smooth over those rough patches , but then when you least expect it , drops you right down in a HOLE , often a HELL HOLE where you actually feel worse , and realise that he can be our worst enemy !
    When you feel you want to lean on old friend ‘ Al ‘ , remember those times he’s dropped you in it , & as a friend of mine says what ‘ Starts in laughter ends in tears more often than not ! ‘ , so don’t depend on him too often !
    Full admiration from me for the strength you have shown during such adversity Ally , all the very best to your Jom , know we are all here for you , love and hugs ,
    H 66 โค๏ธโŒ

• posted by Joes Nonna
    on

GOOD MORNING BSDERS!

No change in weight or measurements, but that is not surprising as I haven’t been as strict this week. I am beginning again today and hopefully will report a loss next Tuesday.

We have decided to move house, so we are flat out making things good for putting this house on the market. So much to do! We need to downsize and then Jovis can retire. He deserves it poor love. He is at the dole office today signing on. Despite working from the age of 13 (paper boy), then from age 16 to June this year….always in full time employment, he is unable to claim a penny off the state! Still no luck on the job front, so we need to get out of this house and the mortgage. Valuer coming on Thursday.

Hopefully all this activity will count towards a weight loss lol.

Thinking of you all. You are strong, wonderful people.

Love Nonna Mary
    xxxx

Please log in or register to post a reply.