My eight weeks….

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Sandie
    on

Lucia you are a star

• posted by Lucia
    on

Middle names twinkle!

Just been the dentist.
    I was so brave.
    It’s the foot on my chest , keeping me in the chair , that I object to!

Aren’t I loud now that I have had it done. Boy was I quiet walking into the dentists reception.

I am going to treat myself for my bravery, not with food, but with a foot spa tonight.

Keep going gang. Keep happy, and keep brushing your teeth. You only get the one set in Adulthood. So look after them. We do damage with all the junk food.

Love Lucia with the clean teeth.
    Xxxx

• posted by Lucia
    on

So
    Tonight I have done chicken and mushrooms, mmmmmmmm nice.
    You are all of you eating?

Love ,
    Lucia
    Xxxx

• posted by greenjanet
    on

Just finished my dinner of Thai chicken and cauli rice very lush and only 378 cals and 9.7 carbs feeling very stuffed. Wait for it to go down then a trot around the block with the pooch.

• posted by stringbreaker
    on

Lucia,

Courgetti Prawns (from the book)

:-b

John

• posted by josie53
    on

A small roast breast of duck cauliflower tender stem broccoli and green beans it was lovely

• posted by Lucia
    on

How have we all been feeling in the heat wave if the uk?

Now that snow is forecast (maybe I exaggerate a little) have we all been a little limp?
    do we need to put a little more effort in to it all?
    So how are you all going to shake your booty?

I am up for any new ideas as I think I have done it all.

Oh, oh, I know, hubby was romantic the other week and bought me some weights. Cattle bells, may have a go at swinging the around my legs.
    Why did he buy them for me?
    My carrier bag split and a can of baked beans launched itself into outer space, killing a kitchen cupboard on the way. He says I should do less damage with them…. Little does he know 😎😎😎😎😎😎😎😎😎
    Love Lucia
    Xxxxx

• posted by Lucia
    on

Hi green Janet,
    I have a different kind of poooch.
    Doing sit ups to get rid of itπŸ™‚πŸ™‚πŸ™‚πŸ™‚
    Love Lucia
    Xxxxx

• posted by Lucia
    on

So sit ups eh?

I couldn’t do three sets of 15 so what I did was…. One
    Just one.
    Then the next day two
    Then I added one each day, if it got too much I just stayed on that number until I was ready to add another one.

Simples!

Love Lucia
    Xxxx

• posted by greenjanet
    on

Hehe, but unfortunately the pooch is out of favour at the mo, as she bit me quite badly yesterday, and am feeling quite poorly , she’s a rescue dog, show type cocker, with severe PTSD. All I can think was she was stressed by the fan, so no exercise for me at the mo. Typing here is just about it. Always surprised at the effect of shock. Sticking to plan though.😹

• posted by Lucia
    on

Hi green Janet,
    Sorry to hear about you getting bitten.
    Take the time to plan the diet, shopping list etc.
    You will soon be back on your feet.

Puppy needs understanding and love.
    Maybe to a puppy whisperer to get the message through.

Love Lucia
    Xxxxx

• posted by Frog
    on

Hi Green Janet
    sorry about the bite – poor pooch though, hope that he settles down soon = and that you feel better soon too.

• posted by greenjanet
    on

No chance of that she’s very damaged, we have to treat her like a handicapped person, and she’s 6 so we have reached the extent of the modification in her behaviour . It was my mistake didn’t allow for the unexpected stress for her. We have used a dog whisperer in the past. So we know how to deal with her. Took my mind of eating for a while, hehe hope you have a good day
    Regards jan

• posted by Lucia
    on

So gang,

I am sitting on the sofa,
    at the beginning of the diet, I hated it, as it caused me to get flabby and Ill.
    But
    Now it is helping me get healthy.
    Eh?
    When I sit down,
    I squeeze my tummy muscles and my bum cheek muscles.
    Then I lift one leg, straight at the knee. Hold in a horizontal position then SLOWLY take it back to the floor.
    Then. The other leg.
    Then both.
    Just sitting, and straightening your leg out and then slowly putting it down, strengthens your tummy muscles.
    Do one an hour and build up to doing more.

So I have made friends with the sofa.

The bathroom scales are still in the dog house. We haven’t spoken for a few days. I am just not in the mood,!

Have you a,de friends with any objects or appliances recently?

Love luica
    Xxxx

• posted by Lucia
    on

So, been the gym, cycled, walked hit my 10,000 steps, house tidy, washing done.

Sensible eating.

I really have changed a lot.

Before I started the diet, I had a load of chocolate in the fridge.
    I thought , I will start once I have got rid (eaten) the lot.
    But I thought about it.
    If I ate all that lot I would gain another pound or two.
    If I didn’t eat it, I would have ‘lost’ that pound.
    So I didn’t
    And I haven’t ate like that …. not in that frame of mind either.

So don’t eat the problem in the house, start now and don’t eat it.

Simples!

Love Lucia
    Xxxx

• posted by Lucia
    on

So,
    Anyone over 250 pounds and want to come out and play?

Fancy cutting the carbs tomorrow? And having a little walk, maybe around the block.
    If you do these two things, you are on the way, on the path, on the wagon and one of the gang.

So meet you here tomorrow night and you can call yourself a member.

Great isn’t it?

Love Lucia
    Xxxxx

• posted by greenjanet
    on

What time!!!!! Are you watching the BSD prog on BBC 2 at the moment
    Love jan

• posted by josie53
    on

Its wonderful so far have lost 17 and a 1/2 pounds as i approach the eight week mark, will continue until li get where i am going

• posted by Angiebabe
    on

Hi all

Well it is 8 weeks today and my first weigh in after I started. I am a bit freaked/ OCDish by frequent weighing so have tried this new tactic of avoiding it. I knew the diet was working as my clothes were getting looser. So Ta Dah I have lost 27 pounds. But even more amazing is the fact that I don’t get hungry, want to cheat, and have loads more energy. I had had three years of difficult physical health lots of surgery and the lovely steroids so was pretty broken by it all. I found walking outside difficult as a consequence of the eye surgery so had bought a treadmill a while ago and looked at it a lot!! Now I can walk 40 minutes a day which is awesome for me. Helped by some lovely memory foam trainers what a discovery.

I went on holiday for two weeks to the Med but kept to the diet except for one birthday meal. It was interesting how it could be done I can’t believe I didn’t eat the custard tarts! I have had to curb my inner saleswoman a it as I want everyone to try this diet who needs it so am in danger of becoming an MM bore.
    I’ve been reading the posts and find the company humour and support a huge help.
    I will continue on the 800 for the foreseeable future as I have a long way to go but feel calm about this. I was thinking about how stressful I found different diets in the past I am now a sort of zen woman with a smile. I think I feel better about weighing in more frequently maybe monthly maybe weekly I will see how I feel
    Meanwhile hooray!!

• posted by Lucia
    on

Hi green Janet,
    Please can you tell me what channel so I can do catch up?
    I need more bsd info.
    Thanks
    Lucia
    Xxxx

• posted by Lucia
    on

Hi josie 53.
    Sorry, didn’t see you there, with you losing all that weight.
    You are a genius!
    I have been on the diet longer than 8 weeks.
    I am still enjoying it, unless I plateau, then I sulk.

As I am only taking 800 cals, I will not reduce them any more than that, I change my exercise. My weight will move again, I just need a good lesson in patience.

Keep going, you are looking great!
    Love Lucia
    Xxxx

• posted by Lucia
    on

Well angie baby,
    Just look at you,
    Way to go girl!
    Just keep happy.
    Love the idea you are zen like.
    A warrior in stealth mode.

Keep blogging.
    Love Lucia
    Xxxx

• posted by greenjanet
    on

Well said, I think you have expressed what most of us have delightfully discovered, that the monster appetite isn’t part of us, it was a side effect. Well done you, keep up the excellent work, we can all do it together. There are a lot of people on here like myself who have 100 plus pounds to loose. So long term support. Great huh.
    Hope you have a great week
    Love janπŸ“πŸ“πŸ“

• posted by josie53
    on

it wasn’t much about the actual diet more about the process, and one mans reversal of his diabetes. It was on BBC 2 at 10.00 pm last night

• posted by SusanZhang
    on

Hi Lucia,
    You are absolutely on the perfect way to lose weight. Just keep going and you will reach your goal. Best wishes.

• posted by Sandie
    on

I saw the programme and my Husband watched as well. It was a good way to get his attention as the programme wasn’t preaching at him. I am giving Husband same food as I am eating and his trousers are now a little looser at the waist band. We are making progress. We must fix ourselves. No one else will fix us.

• posted by ay caramba
    on

Hi Lucia
    Still on my little plateau gazing forlornly into the distance…..hoping to scamper downhill soon!!!!

Angiebabe
    Like you I want everyone to try this diet but I seem to be a truly terrible salesperson.
    Everyone seems to run away really quickly and horrified when I mention a distinct lack of bread and potatoes.
    Ho hum…..perhaps I can sow some small seeds of interest somewhere.
    Great Ta Dah moment btw:-)

• posted by greenjanet
    on

Hi Lucia

Bbc2 10 pm yesterday,

Regards
    JanπŸ“

• posted by Lucia
    on

Hi gang,
    So if I am going to be on this plateau a while, maybe we can put a few deck chairs over there to the right.
    A tent over here,
    Wind breAkers here, here and there.
    A few rugs on the floor, a dozen scatter cushions.
    A picnic hamper there, or shall we have a salad bar?

Now what type of music?
    Elevator music,
    Classical
    Something to boogy to?

Or something we can do yoga to……

How does it look now?

If we hit thus plateau, at least we had be happy and comfy. What do you think?

Love Lucia
    Xxxx

• posted by greenjanet
    on

I’m a teenager of the late 70s so Saturday night fever is the one for me, leaping aroung burning up those blinking fat lbs the pixies have given me, but yep defo will need a deckchair in the sunshine to recouperate. Yeahhhhh.
    πŸ’ƒπŸŽ‰πŸ‘ πŸ’ƒπŸ˜ŽπŸ’ƒ

• posted by Imogen
    on

Thanks for sorting out the plateau Lucia, it’s looking fabulousπŸ™ŒπŸŽ΅πŸŽΆπŸŽ΅ – been hanging around here for weeks so it will be good to have some fun! Something ‘groovy’ to dance to please for this child of the sixtiesπŸ™‹πŸ’–πŸŒ»

XX

• posted by ay caramba
    on

The plateau is looking great.

Can we have tropical umbrellas and a steel band?

Perhaps a Summer Festival look? The flowers-in-the-hair sort-of-look……not the muddy wellies!!!

• posted by Lucia
    on

Sounds like we have the plateau sorted.
    I bet after all this hard work making it cozy, we will all leave it very shortly and become skinny Minnie’s.
    Oh well.

The things we have to put up with.
    Love Lucia
    Xxx

• posted by Lucia
    on

Going to Aqua aerobics tonight.

I look like a wallowing hippo…

Hoping to wrap up and leave a bit of blubber somewhere. Doing it secretly as it isn’t coming off with the diet these last few days.

If worst comes to worst,, I could always stand near a bacon slicer…. A few rashers off each thigh please….

I will stop, I am going a little weird now. πŸ˜‹πŸ˜œ

Love Lucia
    Xxx

• posted by Lucia
    on

So I went out for a meal with a good friend tonight.
    Instead of grabbing the menu, we talked for a good time.

I ordered chicken, didn’t need anything else.

When asked about puddings and coffee , it was nice to say, not needed.
    Previously I would have wanted to order two or three puddings just for me.

It wa the company that was so fine, the meal wasn’t really needed.

Love Lucia
    Xxxx

• posted by Frog
    on

Hi Lucia
    I was at cookery club this evening – quite restrained, I only ate half the tiny muffin that we’d prepared for the starter, and didnt have any noodles with the stir fry.
    I was assigned making the pudding, as I arrived a bit late, so felt duty bound to try some, but mostly just ate the apricots out of the middle.
    And a glass of wine.
    Good fun though – and a much nicer stir fry than I have ever achieved, so will try that at home.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Lucia,was reading way back about yr virtuous shopping basket in the supermarket!
    I am the same! I stand in the queue in a glow of selfrighteousness glancing at people and hoping theyve noticed i have a basket chock full of healthy stuff in a rainbow of colours.then i hope the cashier notices! I leave the store shaking head quietly to self at those misledfolk who are throwing carby and sugary things into their trolleys.tut tut!

I also relate to yr exercises in front of tv…pulling in tum,squeezing bum cheeks etc …and i hate the adverts so i get up and wash dishes,tidy up,empty the waste paper baskets! Its all movement and uses up cals and stops me from throwing things at the stoopid adverts ! And it means i get up to a tidy home next day! X

• posted by greenjanet
    on

Bril Lucia, I had the same thing today myself with my sons girlfriend, I chose the only thing On the menu I could safely have it was a lovely feta cheese salad, didn’t occur to me to eat anything else. It’s a miracle isn’t it.
    πŸ˜‡πŸ˜‡

• posted by Lucia
    on

So let me ask a question.
    I want to see what the consensus is across all ages, countries etc.

If there was a slice of white bread and a slice if Brown bread on the plate in front of you, what would you go for?

I would love to hear your decision and why.
    Love Lucia
    Xxxx

• posted by Lucia
    on

So as I have been walking this morning, I have been singing the tunes from the movie, Notting hill.
    Not so keen on Julia Roberts, but liked the story.
    Especially .., ain’t no sunshine when she’s gone…🎢🎢🎢🎢🎢🎢🎢🎢

Love Lucia
    Xxxx

• posted by Lucia
    on

Delighted to hear that WE including me, that we are no longer under the power of food.
    We can and are making choices.
    I know it’s a little argument each time, but we are all getting there.

Keep going, keep losing, keep walking, and especially keep singing

Love Lucia
    Xxxxx

• posted by greenjanet
    on

Neither, it would have to be a really amazing whole meal, but still wouldn’t eat it as I know what it does to my body.

• posted by Collie
    on

Lucia
    Ha this is trick bsd question, right!
    Bad oh so Norty carbsπŸ˜”πŸ˜”πŸ˜”πŸ˜”
    Brown for me if I had to perceived more healthy right? πŸšπŸ”
    But now I know better. Both are bad oh so bad unless made from expensive seeds etc. To be honest when I started this way of life I genuinely thought I could not manage without bread or other common carbs, but and this is a real honest answer just don’t want them. Thanks for making me laugh so enjoy your posts I have a similar sense of humour just not clever enough to write it down so eloquently .

• posted by Igorasusual
    on

Hi Lucia

I wouldn’t have either slice of bread!!! πŸ™‚

You tricky person, you πŸ™‚

Thank you so much for your totally inspirational and funny posts. I bet you’ve got lots of readers who don’t necessarily reply on your thread but who, like me, quote what you say as evidence of how you can make your “little voice ” say supportive things, not the usual cynical and defeatist ones.

Wishing you every possible success:)

• posted by stringbreaker
    on

Depends on the “brown” bread.
    I find wholemeal very uninteresting but a nice malty granary can be great.
    Sadly I don’t really eat it any more.
    If I’m honest, I do miss it but it’s a price worth paying.
    John

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

LUcia,The bread question… I would go for neither just now as havent eaten any bread for 16 days ! * shines up halo* 😌😌😌 but in the old days ( ” good” old days hehe!) if i wanted a slice of toast i d love the white with plenty of butter on it..if it was GOOD brown ( some browns have just been dyed brown)!!! I would go brown if it was lovely multi seeded brown. I am amazed and delighted that i’ m not really missing bread..I was dreading not eating it,but feel better for not doing so. The first non bread day,i cdnt take my eyes off someone on tv eating a sandwich,had to stop myself from pawing the screen! 😳 Xx

• posted by Timmy
    on

I’m off to France in 10 days and when I’m there (every summer), lunch normally consists of lovely fresh baguette laden high with pate and Brie/Roquefort/Camembert/any other stinky cheese you can care to imagine.

It’s going to be hard not to smash that into my face. Saying that, I’m normally so active on holiday that I come back a few lbs lighter anyway! I may treat myself once or twice!

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

TIMMY just be careful if you have one or two baguettey treats on hol..several people have reported they had awful tummyache reintroducing bread after a short or longer absence…maybe just make sure to have some Colpermin/ Mebeverine with you/ Holland n Barratt enteric coated peppermint capsules. All these really do relieve IBS type spasms…so you can enjoy those little treats,cozafter all,what is a hol if it doesnt involve some goodies to eat and drink! 🍷🎈🍹 xx

• posted by Timmy
    on

No I won’t be over indulging. I actually had marmite on toast a few weeks ago and I had terrible stomach cramps for 24 hours. I do have a feeling however that French bread is probably not as bad for you as British. Bread is supposed to go off/stale by the next day. British bread must be pumped full of all sorts ’cause it can last a week. You’re lucky in France if you’re baguette is OK for tea if you bought it in the morning!

Good idea on the tummyache tabs though. Might just do that.

• posted by Lucia
    on

So my answer is….
    I would look at the plate then swoon over the waiter πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€

Carbs are evil little buggers.
    They lie there on the plate and say, come and get me, smother me in butter.
    I am delicious.
    Only one little slice.
    When you hear this, take your shoe off and swat it.
    Use it like a frizby and launch it into space.
    Put it out for the buzzards and vultures.
    Pour fairy liquid on it.
    Anything but don’t and I mean DONT put it near your mouth.

Love Lucia
    Xxxx

Please log in or register to post a reply.