My eight weeks….

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Lucia
    on

Going crazy, having whitebait today with salad.
    Haven’t had it without flour before.
    Will see how it goes.

Love Lucia
    Xxx

• posted by Lucia
    on

I couldn’t have gone to the gym at the beginning of the diet.
    But now I need a bit more than walking, hoping, skipping, dancing, stepping.
    Thinking of joining up fully tomorrow…..
    Also fancy having a swim too.

Love luica
    Xxx

• posted by Lucia
    on

So,
    F1 cars,
    Tennis finals
    Football finals.
    Bah humbug…..

I went to the gym for a second go.
    They have just closed.

They let me in… Twice… Ha!

There you go, we can all step it up a little at a time.

Love Lucia
    Xxx

• posted by Lucia
    on

Okay ..okay..
    I will tell you a little secret.
    Lean in, I am not telling anyone else other than you.

I went to pound land. To the middle aisle at the back.
    The kiddies section…..
    I found.
    Hoola hoops
    Skipping ropes,
    Plastic bats and balls
    Skittles for in the garden
    All sorts of gentle activities.
    For a quid.
    So why don’t you?
    If anyone asks, you are buying them for the kids.
    Get them home,
    Go into the garden…. In the yard, carefully in the house or in the park etc…..
    Have fun.

I also found water pistols, water bombs etc.
    I dare my neighbour to pass comment about me washing the car again, it will be WAR,,!!
    But that’s another story

Love Lucia
    Xxxx

• posted by Sandie
    on

I found a skipping rope when I clean up in the garage last week. I used it. I also dug out some ankle weights and have wornbthen worn them all day when wearing trousers. Next I need new rubber stoppers to go on to my little rebound trampoline.
    Have fun in the garden Lucia.

• posted by kboo
    on

Hi Switzerland and Linda A

Thanks for your encouragement. I’m sorry to say that today was another failure – my husband made french toast for lunch which both children were turning their noses up at…. I was drafted in to demonstrate how lovely it was (actually, it was rather burnt, yet soggy at the same time, but I was still required to scoff it all up and declare it was yummy!). I also needed to eat the french toast to encourage my husband to approach the cooker more often!!! It was an impossible situation!

My second failure was a chocolate fountain that my husband “had” to test for work. We used fruit on cocktail sticks, but pretty soon we were all covered in the stuff. At first, I restrained, but seeing as I’d already had french toast and my husband only ever enters the kitchen once a year, I was soon elbowing the children out of the way to get at it.

Ho hum. Maybe tomorrow. On the plus side, my throat is healing up nicely and I didn’t need to chain-eat the choc ices today.

Lucia, your antics in the gym and the garden are very inspiring!

Thanks, all of you – I hope you all have a good day tomorrow,
    KBoo
    x

• posted by Julia18togo
    on

Lucia – you didn’t say how you got on with the non floured whitebait. Interested to know if it worked when you fried it, and if you used coconut flour instead?

Well done all of you – there are lots of stellar examples on this forum.

KBoo – join me on another round of the BSD800. I have had a rotten week or so and reckon that the extra kilo and a half is not water retention but consumption of extra carbs. I’ve been eating too much. Just inputting tomorrow’s meals into mfp now so I know what calories I have left over and cannot kid myself if I want to binge (am a past mistress in the art of telling myself it’s not much, just a mouthful or so!). I’ll check in tomorrow and trust you to join me on the wagon way!

Julia

• posted by Lucia
    on

Hi,
    I just pan fried it dry,
    When it was crispy, I plated it up and served with slices of lemon and a little Mayo. And a huge crispy salad.
    It’s not quite the same but was crunchy as I dry fired it,
    I didn’t want it oily nor soggy.
    Love Lucia
    Xxxx

• posted by Lucia
    on

Hi gang,
    The alternative options in flour seem very expensive.
    Does anyone own a windmill?πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰
    Love
    Lucia
    Xxxx

• posted by Julia18togo
    on

So I behaved myself today… v low carb and under 1000. Tomorrow I am aiming for less calories to be back within 800. Managed a run at lunchtime. I like the chia pudding thing for breakfast. Soaked in almond milk and with rosewater and orange flower water and cinnamon. Yum. Night all.
    Julia

• posted by Lucia
    on

Hi Julia 18 to go.
    As bill says , low carb has brought his figure now to a James Bond model.
    He said not to sweat about the calorie count, if that helps you.

I keep pretending to start the diet, Every few week, I try and keep it fresh. I say ok, I will start again right now.
    I am thinking of reading the book again, just for inspiration.

Feeling like a satsuma or two something today.
    Love Lucia
    Xxxx

• posted by Lucia
    on

Survived the dentist.nothing to do
    So she is going to fix an old chipped tooth.

Phew.
    I have held my breath since last Thursday.
    I can now breathe……

Love Lucia
    Xxxx

• posted by Lucia
    on

She also said I clean my teeth beautifully.
    πŸ‘πŸ€“πŸ‘πŸ€“πŸ‘πŸ€“
    I told her I am on a diet, I the toothpaste tastes so sweet and yummy……
    Love Lucia
    Xx x

• posted by Lucia
    on

Morning,
    Sorry a little excited this morning.
    I have planned to go to the gym after work…!!!?,

Before the diet I would be planning to sit on the settee and what programmes I would watch and what takeaway to ring up for and have delivered.

So thre you have it.

Chalk and cheese

Love Lucia
    Xxxx

• posted by Lucia
    on

Bill 1954, I have a question for you.

You know you said you didn’t calorie count , you only cut carbs.

Can you explain simply to me, what where your swops or substitutions please.

So a bacon sandwich.

Breakfast cereals

Roast dinner with spuds

Fish and chips

Curry and rice

I kno you will reply to your little ( well smaller) Paduan.

Love luica
    Xxx

• posted by greenjanet
    on

Hi
    Great stuff, it’s wonderful isn’t it. We all have our own magic slimming wand. I’m thinking about it, as I have so much energy now. Keep us posted.
    JanπŸ‹πŸš΅πŸ‚

• posted by ay caramba
    on

Hi Lucia
    Love having the energy. Sunny day here and off to play tennis later. Feel I can almost skip around the court.

I really like your idea of keep pretending to start the diet again and re-reading the book.
    If my weight slips the wrong way I go back and re-introduce the odd recipe from the book to give me a nudge.

The weight has gone….. the tummy bulge has gone. I’m feeling much better and less sluggish.

The body is working so much better now but I think it should concentrate on getting my abs ready for Rio.
    Hoping it is working towards the Jessica Ennis look….ha ha.

• posted by Jillf
    on

KBoo I can really sympathise it is very hard to diet when you cook for a husband or family . I have to say this diet has been transformative in that my husband, who is a typical Geordie man’s man, whose mother cooked his meals and I took over from her, has realised I really need to succeed due to my blood sugars. He now plans and cooks his own meals leaving me total freedom and independence to get on with my diet. I really don’t think I could have done this but for that – the recipes are a bit of a faff as they are new and strange and take me a while to make. Added to that I find I can be a bit more ditsy due to hunger pangs by the time I reach meal times, which can slow me down!
    I don’t have kids at home so am lucky there but if you could encourage your hubby to cook more for him and the family – I can’t tell you how liberating that has been!

• posted by Christi1948
    on

Hi Switzerland,
    Well things have changed, we went to pezanace, and got a good spot by the tourist information in the centre! We got there at 11.30, the ‘caravan’ came through at 3pm then the first riders came through at 4pm, it was great however, it was over in five minutes! There were a few stragglers and one guy who stopped right by us to get a new bike but other than that it was plain sailing for us and the riders. We got back to David’s and had a quick look at the recording we had done, and it blooming well doesn’t film the riders coming through the town! Mad or what! well we were disappointed, my brother always does a film and puts it on YouTube, so we have to see what he comes up with.
    We had a great day, I loved every minute, I wish I could follow the tour all around France!
    I hope you enjoy watching it, I wonder who’s filming Australian uses? We watch itv4 in England. And sometimes Eurosport.
    Had to have pasta last night, and tonight I have salmon in breadcrumbs! Goodness knows what it’s doing to my diet! We will see on Saturday morning.
    Christine

• posted by Switzerland
    on

Hi Christine,
    Well, we tried to see you. I watched the highlights this morning and established that the sprint in Pezanas was @ 49 kms from the finish. I’ve just been watching the stage replay and sadly, couldn’t spot the tourist office or you. BUT there was reference by Phil Liggett/Paul Sherwen that Thomas Voeckler had a rear flat tyre……..but they just said it, there was no footage. At the time the helicopter was hovering near the church ?Collegiale de Saint Jean.
    Never mind – we were there in spirit and when you live in Australia you just have to accept that.
    In 2010 ( imagine my joy) when I was hiking to Grand Saint Bernard (Switzerland) and the riders names were still painted on the road from when the Tour had gone through the previous year! That’s as close as it’s been for me. (Sad, but true).
    Anyway, enjoy Bastille Day in France in 2016 and let us know if you’ll be at any other stages.
    Just stick to as close to BSD as you can and remedy the situation when you get home.

• posted by Lucia
    on

In the mood for a nice long cycle ride after work.
    Gym tomorrow.
    What are you in the mood to do this evening?
    Love Lucia
    Xxxxx

• posted by ay caramba
    on

I’m off to Yoga followed by a Tap dancing class. No time for any tea so this will make my Fast till Breakfast….whoopee.
    Enjoy the cycle ride and the Gym.
    The sun has just come out here. Have fun. πŸ™‚

• posted by Switzerland
    on

A morning bush walk. Enjoy the cycling, gym, yoga and tap class.

• posted by Lucia
    on

Can I sell my cycle and gym for your yoga and tap dance?
    Mine is for me alone, yours is in a gang.
    Love Lucia
    Xxxx

• posted by Californiagirl
    on

Je suis Charlie Hebdo

• posted by Lucia
    on

Hi gang,
    Feeling fed up as my weight has stayed the same for two, nearly three weeks.
    So, shall I eat chocolate, takeaways, crisps, fizzy pop.
    Or
    Shall I suck it up, get a grip and say…… pooh happens in life .
    Gym tonight,
    Just hit 5000 steps before work.

May be these scales will go the same as the old ones…. Out the bathroom window!

Yup, it’s happening to happy old me.

Love Lucia
    Xxxx

• posted by ay caramba
    on

Hi Lucia

If it makes you feel any happier. My weight has also stayed the same for over 2 weeks!!!!!!;-(
    We are not a great advert for our exercise regimes atm are we!!!!????!!!

Oh… and we need coverts out there.

OH said ..oh its really good …you are making muscle…and I suppose he’s right as usual!?
    Body converting that flabby fat on my tummy….yay πŸ™‚

Keep happy and hopscotch πŸ™‚

• posted by Marsie
    on

Mais oui Californiagirl, je suis Charlie Hebdo et Paris et Nice. C’est terrible…

• posted by Switzerland
    on

Walked around a local lake with my daughter this morning. Accomplished a lot of work in the garden this afternoon.
    What’s everyone else up to?

• posted by greenjanet
    on

Hi
    It’s 11.30 where I am so I am working in my shop, tomorrow, loads of gardening to get under control again, oh and a crack of dawn wander around our local frightfully posh bootfair, where all the stall holders speak as if they still have their silver spoon still stuck in their mouth, it’s a hoot, some of them are so posh they say the funniest things.
    I would like to add I am not posh I am normal, hehe well I would be now Jans been beamed up and this nice alien who has will power ,motivation, etc, etc is now in her place.
    Enjoy whatever you are doing, smile because we have found this forum and healthy eating. Yeaaahhhh
    πŸ‘½πŸ‘½πŸ‘½πŸ“πŸ‘½πŸ‘½πŸ‘½

• posted by Marsie
    on

Hi all,

After dinner here, on a rainy Saturday winter’s night, so we’re staying in Well, we would have anyway as OH is still in recovery mode, though doing well.

Gym for me this morning. About an hour on Pilates equipment, then a bit extra on light weights ( bung shoulder) and cardio. As it was too wet for any tidying up in the garden this afternoon (my story, and sticking to it!) so did some much needed bookwork, now aching back from too much computer time. Would much rather it had been back aching from too much gardening. Just about to run a warm bath, oh that sounds good…

Dinner tonight = Chicken breast rubbed with EVOO, seasoned with fresh tarragon, little bit of Murray River pink salt, pepper, along with potatoes, carrots all in oven, and steamed broccoli and green beans. Yes, yes, potatoes, I hear you but I haven’t had any for a week and the entire meal came to 271cals & 24.3g carbs. Much, much less than I would normally have had, and Oh, I did enjoy it.

Lucia, I’ve been reading your blog for a while and admired your “just do it” attitude, along with all the other contributors to this and other forum streams. I’m hoping for you that this plateau you’ve landed on will very soon start to be a downhill slope again. Not a slippery one, mind you, but one that you will once again be gracefully negotiating.

Good wishes to everyone from on-the-wagon–off-the-wagon–back on again Marsie.

• posted by Sandie
    on

Hi Lucia today I am making a fish stew for friends, no sticky carbohydrate laden dessert though as I am serving cheeses. Tomorrow I am helping at a charity dog show / fΓͺte for our local hospital. Enjoy your weekend everybody.

• posted by Lucia
    on

Hi gang,
    I am happily in my plateau.
    But
    I will get my own back, I am not going to weigh myself for a month!
    Take that!
    Love Lucia
    Xxxx

• posted by Imogen
    on

Me too… wretched plateau!!!

Think I may dispense with the scales as they are stubbornly refusing to move – even after I went walking for two hours today πŸ˜•. Oh well.

Hang in there Lucia🌻

• posted by Christi1948
    on

Hi Lucia and Imogen,
    At the risk of preaching to the converted have you tried upping your fat intake? It was recommended to me when I hit a plateau and it worked for me. Worth a try?
    Good luck either way.
    Christine

• posted by ay caramba
    on

Hi Lucia and Imogen
    I’m in the plateau too…..quite a crowd of us…..
    Yes and I’m happy too……think my body is sorting out visceral fat. It has such a lot of work to do on ,around and inside my tummy.
    Plenty of maintenance work for it to get on with for now.

• posted by Imogen
    on

Morning Lucia, Aycaramba,

Big wave to all my plateau buddies this morning, πŸ™‹nice to know I’m not alone out here. Trusting that it won’t be forever and weight loss will resume after this intermission.

Thanks Christine!

• posted by Lucia
    on

So, what are we going to do?
    Been on the diet some time.
    Is my body used it it and it’s saying, oh no, no more….

So let’s give that body a surprise.
    I am going to shake it up, I will do different exercises eg swimming,

I will not eat yogurt for breakfast,maybe have eggs
    I wil stay off salad, and go for veggies.
    I will make sure I get my fats

I will make Sure that at least once a day I will sweat with exercise.
    I am off to the gym and swim now.

Have I just got complacent? I am too comfy. Where is my fighting attitude.
    Where is my…. It’s gotta work for me…. Where is that desperate need or wanting…

Yup, taking it up a gear.

What you all going to do? What is you answer…….

Love Lucia
    Xxxx

• posted by stringbreaker
    on

Lucia,

I’ve certainly found that changing the routine helps. I usually have porage for breakfast, and it got me throught the 8 weeks with good results, but I have found that a week on egg and avocado instead can get things moving again when things get a bit slow.

John

• posted by Sandie
    on

Lucia I think that you have a good idea in making changes. I note that you are also doing more exercises, swimming etc. Go girl go. Are you exercising on your own or with a friend? I enjoy going to classes as I am more likely to work at the class; I was useless regarding motivation when ir was just me, a dvd workout and the tv

• posted by Sandie
    on

Lucia I think that you have a good idea in making changes. I note that you are also doing more exercises, swimming etc. Go girl go. Are you exercising on your own or with a friend? I enjoy going to classes as I am more likely to work at the class; I was useless regarding motivation when it was just me, a dvd workout and the tv

• posted by Lucia
    on

So is anyone fancy doing something in the bedroom alone now?

Okay, so don’t think about it, don’t plan it, don’t research it, don’t make note on it, don’t wait until you buy the outfit for it, don’t say after this to programme, don’t say it’s too late, don’t say, but my hair is wet.

Come in to the bedroom….
    Now we have just come up a set of stairs, there’s the beginning of the exercise.
    Now lie on the bed with the door shut.
    Relax, breathe, when you are ready lift one arm above your head, touch the head board, now here is the exercise, the control, now slowly, and I mean SLOWLY bring it back to the starting position, but take your time.
    Do it with the other arm.
    Repeat as many times as you want.

Now that leg. My leg weighs about three ton, so if we can lift it, we are exercising,
    So can you keep your leg straight and lift it so your toes are nearly touching the ceiling?
    Now here is the control, put it back SLOWLY, you will be using your muscles, back to the starting position
    Do as many times as it is comfortable.

Do both legs.

Now a hard one.
    Don’t do it if you have a bad back though.
    Listen to your body.
    Any pain (other than meπŸ˜€) stop.

I am about to lift up a five ton weight, here we go.
    Now keeping your arms by your sides,
    Bend your knees and put your feet in the bed, just below your bum. Your knees pointing to the ceiling.
    Now, engage the Borg. Sorry, engage your core… Eh?.. Pull your tummy muscles and bum cheeks taught.
    Now lift your bum off the bed, even if it one inch for one second.
    Put back in the bed slowly.
    Repeat as much as you can but listen to your body.

When you are done,
    Just straighten your clothes, and hair,
    Open the bedroom door, you have now done a secret workout.

Did we need anything? Nope.

Do it as many times as you can.

Love luica
    Xxxx

• posted by Lucia
    on

So I have cleaned the Windows,
    Washed the gutters,
    Where am I getting the energy from?

I think it’s wonderful.

I even go to the gym on my own, walk on my own.

How are you changing your life?

Love Lucia
    Xxxx

on

Lucia,

I forget where you’re based, but here in the UK we’re having a bit of warmth at last, and being a few stones lighter really helps me cope – I normally am not a fan of warm weather as it seems so energy-sapping.

It’s supposed to be well over 30 today (in the 90s in old money) and I might even enjoy it πŸ™‚

Now that’s a change

John

on

Lucia,

I just realised that my profile didn’t show where I lived either – now remedied

John

• posted by Lucia
    on

Hi gang,
    I will tell you how I felt about exercise when I started.
    So I started cutting down my food and changing what I ate in my pre-diet week.
    I thought right, I will jog, run, gym, do weights, skip, go to yoga each day, yes all of it.

The actual effort to get just my brain to work. To send the signal to get off the settee. For the message to get to the rest of my body. Just that effort was huge.

To actually waddle to the end of the garden was such an effort.
    When I got back, I sat on the settee and sweated, red and puffing like a steam train.

So, ok I will ease into the exercise.

Just moving my size 22 to the end of the garden and back , that effort, that strain, was incredible.

So, no matter what you do, do it.
    As the tv commercial says…. Every little helps ?πŸ˜€πŸšΆπŸ»πŸšΆπŸ»πŸšΆπŸ»πŸšΆπŸ»πŸšΆπŸ»πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰πŸšΆπŸ»

When pegging washing out.
    Don’t take it all in the laundry basket.
    Instead , get s few articles out, walk outside, peg, walk back, bend to the washing machine and repeat.
    This is still exercise. A good exercise.
    You don’t have to pay and go the gym, get expensive clothes to exercise.
    The only expense, if you don’t mind me suggesting it , is, a good pair of trainers shoes.
    Protect your feet, get good grip, they won’t fall off your feet.

It’s taken months and months.
    Now I feel fit enough to get through 30 mins in the gym.
    I couldn’t have done it at the beginning.
    I would have needed to sit in reception, then sit in the changing room, sit in the gym. Do nothing other than sweat and waddle back out.

What have I learned?
    Know your limitations.
    But with perseverance , you can chip away at it, one pound of blubber at a time, and reveal a masterpiece.

I am still chipping, still in my plateau, but … Hey, I am only human.

So gang, keep put of the sun, put sun block on, drink gallons of water. Keep your vest tucked in at all times, and most of all…. Keep smiling.

Love Lucia
    Xxxx

on

When exercising the hardest step is always the one out of the sofa.

• posted by Lucia
    on

I totally agree.

Also, you can spend a lifetime of reading blogs, reading the books, research, etc etc.

All you have to do is, stop putting tons of carbs in your mouth.
    Just change one meal eg breakfasts, for a full week, then another meal, say lunches for a full week, then dinners.
    Just do it gradual and keep it going.

Walk a little.

Then you are on the path, just keep plodding.

Love Lucia
    Xxx

Please log in or register to post a reply.