My eight weeks….

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Lucia
    on

Oh and you all passed the test,
    Why?
    Because you thought about it.
    And
    You know you have a choice.

You are all learning, my little paduans.

Love your Jedi from the dark star, who’s a friend of jar jar binks.

Lucia
    Xxxx

• posted by Lucia
    on

Anyone been to the club house recently?

Love Lucia
    Xxxx

• posted by Lucia
    on

Hi can we all meet here later, I want to do something very American…….
    Love Lucia
    Xxxx

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

GREEN JANET! I just LOVE your phrase…thank you!
    ” the monster appetite wasnt part of us,it was just a side effect”
    Hallelujah i am so glad ive seen the light! You have summed it up Jan x
    The irony of it.. I wanted to eat carbs to stop me feeling hungry..but they made me more hungry!soooo..i wasnt quite as greedy as i thought i was!
    ANGIEBABY! * wild applause* ! πŸ‘πŸ½πŸ‘πŸ½πŸ‘πŸ½πŸ‘πŸ½πŸ‘πŸ½πŸ‘πŸ½πŸ‘πŸ½πŸ‘πŸ½
    Such a great loss in eight weeks! And you have discovered the BSD magic..that we dont feel hungry and we dont want to cheat..so many people saying the same thing,so it must be true…but,who knew? I dreaded trying this ..but am so glad i did..i have never done anything as easy or had as good results ( 16 lb in 2 weeks)
    I was expecting sheer misery but instead i feel delighted and de- lighter! πŸ˜€ X

• posted by josie53
    on

would not eat either as they are bad for you.

• posted by greenjanet
    on

Bril πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰

• posted by Lucia
    on

So, are we all here?
    Yes,
    Right , let’s get on with it.
    I fancy doing one of those American things….
    So can you all raise your right hand and repeat after me?

Love Lucia
    Xxx

• posted by Lucia
    on

Now I am going to run past you all, giving you all a ‘high five’.
    You all have to give the team a..
    Wahhhh…. Whooooo!!!.

Love Lucia
    Xxxx

• posted by Lucia
    on

So here’s another one.
    Come on…
    All stand in a circle.

Straighten that line up over there on the right, it’s a circle not a blob.

Now, I will stand in the middle, I will put my arm out and act like a clock hand,
    When I point at you raise your hands, then back down.

Thus is our version if the Mexican wave.

We shall call it… The Moseley movement.

Right, are you ready?,….. Here we go,

Right niw a little faster…

Wwwweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Love Lucia
    Xxxxx

• posted by greenjanet
    on

Waving can you see meπŸ‘‹πŸ‘‹πŸ‘‹πŸ‘‹

• posted by greenjanet
    on

I’m out of breath now all that running around, if I wasn’t on the BSD I wouldn’t be running, I wouldn’t even have got up. Hehe

• posted by greenjanet
    on

Weeeeeeeeeeee weeeeeeeee yes us BSD ers do a lot of that at the beginning. Ha what a laugh.

• posted by Lucia
    on

I enjoyed that
    And celebrating all our achievements.

For those that don’t think they can do 800 calories a day.
    How about doing it every other day?

It’s still doing it right, and if you cut those carbs….. Well you have it in the bag
    Xxxx
    Love lucia

• posted by Lucia
    on

So are you ready for another question?

Tom cruise or Russell Crowe or George Clooney?
    Sorry…. Where was I?

Broccoli. Lettuce. Carrot.

There you go.
    A thought for the day
    Xxxx
    Love Lucia

• posted by Angiebabe
    on

I was thinking about the whole 800 calories thing. In my previous eating I was probably eating 800 of the good stuff and 1000s of the rubbish so I haven’t really reduced my calorie intake just got rid of the junk!

See what happens when I get up early and use my brain. …

Have a good day everyone

• posted by Lucia
    on

So, did you have two crispy white cobs or bread rolls with prawn pasta in, with some crisps beside them.

Or were you a smarty pants?

The cobs meal was something I used to have quite often.

Love Lucia
    Xxxx

• posted by Lucia
    on

Did you have a special fried rice, half a pound of Turkish delight, two packs of ripples ( that’s 8 in total), with cider.

Or did you step away from the carbs?

Love lucia
    Xxxx

• posted by Lucia
    on

Did you feel sleepy, yawn a lot, sluggish, have a situation in the toilet department, not see the sunshine, not breathe in the fresh air, not move if the settee. Just slob out.

Or

Did you do something much, much better?

Love Lucia
    Xxxx

• posted by greenjanet
    on

Yep had a luscious cal and carb counted chicken curry and cauli rice lush, just wish it had been bigger, can’t stop thinking about food today, need to distract myself. How about you.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

JAN i dreamt i was eating crisps last night! A win win situation..i enjoyed a shedload of crisps but no calories or carbs! Hehe! Yr dindins sounds lovely xx

• posted by Frances stone
    on

Hi I have just completed the 8 week diet and lost 6.7 kg or over a stone. I loved the recipes and even allowed myself a red wine once a week πŸ™‚
    The exciting news is I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes 2 years ago and my blood sugar has been normal for 8 weeks. The amazing thing was I had eaten 5 sweet tarts last night and my blood sugar was 4.6 ( normal) this morning!! I am so thrilled and of course I will get back to normal again

• posted by Frances stone
    on

My plan for the future is 2 and 5 which I find easy but I need to be good the rest of the week so I am doing 2-3-2
    ie 2 days of 600 Cals, 3 days of 1200 cals and the weekend off :0

• posted by Frog
    on

congratulations Frances, that’s excellent
    hope the maintenance plan goes well – at least you know how to get things back in check if you do have any slip ups!

• posted by Lucia
    on

Hi France’s stone.

Over a stone in 8 weeks, that is wonderful.
    πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»

Can I ask what exercises you did , if any?

And how did you keep your spirit up? How did you get though the dark times?

Love Lucia
    Xxxx

• posted by Nursebean
    on

To be honest, I don’t have breakfasts any more. This way I get to have a 16:8 fast (I stop eating at 8pm and eat lunch any time between 12-1pm) and I have more calories to last me the rest of the day!
    Full fat yoghurt and berries seems really helpful too. I recommend Marks & Spencer’s Unsweetened Greek Yoghurt – its delish!
    Well done Lucia. I think its terrific that you are embarking on this plan. I hope you find it as easy as a lot of us on here have – and get some great results! I look forward to hearing about your first week. Good luck! xx
    Bean πŸ™‚

• posted by Nursebean
    on

Haha! Yowzer49! I love the fact that you’ve had loads of calorie-free crisps – only in your dreams eh? Only in your dreams!!
    Frances you have done amazingly well. I love your new plan too – and weekends off? What could be better?!!

• posted by Lucia
    on

Hi nurse bean,
    Thanks for the encouragement on starting the diet.
    It means a lot to me, getting a kind word or encouragement from someone interested in bsd.

I have been on it for months. I started this blog called…. My eight weeks….
    I put a comment, a thought, a question , a menu, or a suggestion on every day.

Keep going, keep blogging, keep active.

Love Lucia
    Xxxx

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

I love how you do that Lucia…often thought provoking or fun xx love yr name too..is it a username or birth-name?its a fave of mine coz not only is it pretty,but we had an italian student called Lucia staying with us years ago..she was a darling! X

• posted by Lucia
    on

Hi,
    It’s my real name.
    When I started this blog. I didn’t think anyone would read it.
    I wrote it as a personal letter to myself, hence the ending, like a real letter… Love Lucia xxxx

These are all personal notes to myself. To encourage me, to make ME think, make me carry on with the diet.
    I have been on diets and lasted a good long two weeks.😞😞😞😞😞😞😞😞 and gave up.
    I have been on this one since March.
    My blogs will show you I am human, I fail, I crave, I make the wrong choice, I plateau, I get disheartened, I sulk, I kill bathroom scales, I am ignorant with the good choices.
    BUT
    I learn and I repair, and I know in future.
    I am delighted if any one, even one person reads my letter
    I am tickled pink if anyone writes a note back.
    Also
    Through all of this, my madness, my insanity, has stayed with me.😜😜😜😜😜

I have been out for a cycle this teatime. It’s sunny but breezy,, so off I went, one big budgie on a bike.🚴🐘🐘🐘🐘🐘🐘🚴🚴🚴🚴🚴🚴🚴
    But if it wittles a bit of blubber away…. It’s worth it.
    πŸ˜€

Love luica
    Xxxx

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Amen sister! I identify with all you said..me too!
    I enjoy reading what you write ..youre interesting …
    I’ m sure have read a book called Love Lucia..i must check that out! X
    Ps just looked it up..its Lucia Lucia by Adrianna Trigianni x

• posted by Lucia
    on

Hi yowzer
    Do you get any help, inspiration, clue, tip or laugh from it?

I hope you do.

Love Lucia
    Xxxx

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

YES very much so Lucia! Thats why i enjoy reading what you say.i think youre a creative person and your words encourage me to be that way too. Its so easy to get into a rut especially when dieting hard,so its good when i feel to get a breath of fresh air from what you write x

• posted by Lucia
    on

Just looked at the book called Lucia Lucia
    It’s written about me!
    A beautiful 25 year old hard working girl.
    A stranger comes to town and wants to marry me.

Don’t you dare wake me up..πŸ’€πŸ’€πŸ’€πŸ’€πŸ’€πŸ’€πŸ’€πŸ’€πŸ’€πŸ’€πŸ’€πŸ’€πŸ’€πŸ’€πŸ’€πŸ’€πŸ’€

Love Lucia
    Xxxxx

• posted by Sandie
    on

Lucia this is what came to mind when I read about you and your bicycle:- “the cycle of life”
    Enjoy the ride Lucia.
    regards Sandie

• posted by Lucia
    on

So
    A question for some thought and I would LOVE suggestions.

Simply… My lunches used to be a bought butty in a triangle box. I didn’t have to make them. Just grab and go.
    But the carbs, oh those carbs.
    So I didn’t get the butties.
    What would you substitute ?
    Something ready made, for lunchtime.

Come on team. What would you do?

Love Lucia
    Xxx

• posted by Lucia
    on

Hi sandie,
    When I first got on the bike,
    I was cream crackered before I got to the gate. It was an effort getting off the settee, getting the clothes on, getting the bike out, helmet on, hi vis vest, hi vis bike clips for my fat ankles. Gloves. Then unlocking the gate, locking the back gate, pushing the bike to the front gateway. I was already hot and sweaty and would want to turn around and put it all away.
    I was shattered before I lowered the bike as I couldn’t cock my leg over the bike. 😐😐😐😐😐😐

But, I thought, I would cycle to the end of the road and back.

I kept on building it up , further and further.
    At first I would cycle in a circle around the streets near my home so if I couldn’t cope, I didn’t have far to cycle b k home.
    I now go out and about.

So, as you can see, I had to build it up bit by bit.
    Why don’t you do something today, have a little go and build it up.

Love Lucia
    Xxx

• posted by Lucia
    on

Hi sandie,

It is the cycle of my life, my bike gives me back my life.

I used to sit in the settee all the time.
    Now it’s rare I do it.

I am now watching f1 highlights but I am watching it, stepping on my step thingy.

Love Lucia
    Xxxx

• posted by Lucia
    on

Where are you bill1954, my old buddy……

Come on, I am sure you need to tell me off regarding something……

Do you remember yup the minions ones-y?

Love Lucia
    Xxxx

• posted by Igorasusual
    on

Lucia

Re lunch recipes – way back when, in May I think, when I started all this malarkey, someone really helpfully posted a list of potential lunches which weren’t sandwiches. I can’t remember who it was, but I copied it (can’t find that on my computer either πŸ™ ) but here is the post which I wrote to someone else when I DID have it to hand.

Some great suggestions! πŸ™‚

1. Frittata – it can be made the evening before and kept in the fridge. There is a recipe in the book but you can ring your own changes, add bacon instead of chickpeas or some cheese sprinkled on top before placing the pan under the grill.
    2. Dips and crudite – there are five dip recipes in the book and make a lovely packed lunch. Or ring the changes and add some chopped spring onion and a teaspoon of curry powder to a mix of cream cheese and yoghurt.
    3. Salad – a few leaves and salad veg of your choice with any of the following: tinned tuna or salmon, smoked salmon or other smoked fish, chicken, egg, ham, bean, cheese or any combination!
    4. Homemade coleslaw – prepare your carrot, onion and cabbage. Keep it in a sealed bag or container then each day mix some plain full fat yoghurt ( I add mustard too) into the amount of slaw you are having for lunch, then mix in the ingredients of your choice – walnuts, cheese, apple, celery, chicken etc.
    5. Soups – make up home made soups during your weekend and heat and place in flask to take to work – or in a container if you have access to a microwave.
    6. No carb ploughmans the recipe is in the book.
    7. Full fat yoghurt with a twist of seeds and berries to add at work.
    8. Half an avocado and a boiled egg just sprinkle some lemon juice or vinegar on the avocado to prevent it turning brown.
    9. Medi platter – the recipe is in the book
    10. Lettuce cups – there are three recipes in the book, they can easily be put into a container for work.
    11. Cottage cheese – add your own favourites from the typical BSD foods – a bit of diced smoked salmon and cucumber is tasty. There are more ideas in the book.
    12. Ham rolls – not that kind of roll! Spread some cream cheese on some ham and roll it up in a large lettuce leaf!
    13. Nuts and apple – if you are in a hurry grab a handful of nuts ( watch the calories) and an apple. Or a small piece of cheese and an apple.
    14. Courgette bhaji – just as nice cold. The recipe is on the website.
    15. Chickpea flour flat breads – the recipe is on the website, eat with your choice of food – treat it as a wrap.
    16. Red pepper rolls – Posted by Alibaba – (1 red pepper halved and filled with hummus, fresh coriander, cucumber, feta, a sprinkle of mixed seeds, black pepper & a squeeze of lemon juice)
    17. Coconut flatbreads – nice with some yoghurt and berries ( see website for recipe)

• posted by Igorasusual
    on

You said ‘ready made’ and some of these are very simple to bung together…..

• posted by Lucia
    on

I am working at something but I am not ready to tell you about it yet.
    It’s because, it’s just didn’t work out right.
    It’s a little embarrassing.
    I can’t tell anyone until I can manage the full 30 mins and I am not there yet.

It started, that I saw one of those exercise videos.
    Now that am like an Olympic gymnast, I thought I would have a go.
    The video does a 10 min warm up, 20 mins exercise and 10 mins cool down.
    No worries, bring it on, I can do this.

So I played it, I could only do 1.2 minutes of the warm up.
    I was so exhausted, couldn’t make my body do the moves.
    The warm up, there’s an understatement, I was sweating, bright red, puffing and panting and saying some quite unladylike words when I couldn’t become a contortionist.
    I didn’t think my trousers would take the pressure of the compressed blubber.
    I was expecting something to give, and make a tidal wave of me…..

So, I rested and said to myself that I would try again the next day.
    When I woke up, everything hurt, I think only my eyebrows didn’t hurt.

Day 3 I went back to it, I watched 20 seconds worth and GENTLY copied it, rested and did it again.
    Then I did the next 20 seconds.

Day 4 I did 20 seconds, stopped, 20 seconds, stopped etc.

Day 5 joined 2 X 20 seconds.

I have now managed to get through the ten mins warm up.

This coming week I am going onto the actual exercise.
    It will probably take to Christmas to actually get through the 30 mins once all the way through ( spread over the whole day).

I have grown to hate those skinny Minnie’s all fit, not sweating, just perfect, including makeup and nails.
    I have also grown to hate the chappie who puts you through the exercise.
    I have noticed, that he stood up, not doing the exercise himself, then goes and touches a dolly bird to get her to do the exercise a little further. He doesn’t do all the exercise. He shouts come on you can do more.no I can’t, my eyebrows now hurt!!!

Anyway, I probably won’t mention it onto this website until at least the Autumn or fall.
    So don’t ask..
    Okay, move along now, nothing to see here. Move along…..

Love Lucia
    Xxxx

• posted by Frog
    on

well done Lucia – you will get there!

My secret is going to fitness classes for over 50’s – they’re brilliant, after years of failing to keep up with class-loads of size ten twenty somethings in lycra, exercise classes I enjoy, can do, and get some benefit from.
    I first went a few years ago when I was recovering from an operation, and it was mostly people lots older than me. but the classes are predominantly people in their 50s and early 60s now. The only pain is that they are in the day time, so I can’t go if I’m working.

• posted by ay caramba
    on

Frog
    Yay for over 50’s fitness classes. They now call them ‘ Young at Heart’ round here……how patronizing is that???

• posted by Nursebean
    on

That’s a great list there. Thank you Igor! πŸ™‚

• posted by Lucia
    on

So…..
    How are we all feeling?
    Happy….. like a budgie with a mirror and a bell.
    Down in the dumps… Needing a duvet day
    Hungry…. I need chocolate
    Energetic…… Full of jumping beans
    Just ok….. Plodding along
    Desparate….. I need chocolate
    Confused……. I don’t believe I have ate that many carbs, it’s not fair that there is carbs in veg
    Having problems with earths gravity……. I can’t be that weight… I am not wearing metal armour

I am probably all the above

Love Lucia
    Xxxxx

• posted by Lucia
    on

I think I have been through everything within this diet.

Sluggish
    Sweaty
    Hungry
    Badly done to
    Moody
    Tired
    Achy
    Sulky
    Stubborn
    Windy
    Bunged up yes, you know
    Loose, yes that too
    Confused carbs
    Insane . Remember talking to the food in the oven being cooked.. Read my blog

But

I wouldn’t change any of it.
    Because
    I have you and I have my health

Love Lucia
    Xxxx

• posted by Lucia
    on

Hang on, I need to do something . Right.
    Oh, sorry , didn’t I tell you.
    I AM PULLING MY TUMMY IN
    Trying to touch my belly button to my spine. Internally I mean.

This strengthens my wobbly tummy, who knows , there may be a muscle under there somewhere.
    XxxxxπŸ˜€
    Love lucia

• posted by Frog
    on

Hi Caramba – yes, mine are called that too – v patronising – but extraordinarily good value and a nice bunch of people, so I am willing to put upi with being patronised!
    Even worse are the cheery emails addressed to “Dear YaH” or even “Dear Young at Hearters” – and we got asked if we wanted to be on a carnival float int the Lord Mayors Parade FGS!

The boat club group is “upperdeckers” slightly less icky – but brilliant fun

• posted by ay caramba
    on

Frog- Those classes are..’tough’..make no mistake. The label is misleading. You think it will be easy…..fat chance…oops ‘scuse the pun. Haven’t received cheery emails or any Lord Mayor invitations… as yet! Will have to watch out. Have fun with your crowd….they sound fun.
    Sadly no more Tap, Ballet, or Yoga classes for me during the summer…..boo!!!

Lucia – You seem to be feeling a bit up and down.
    Don’t know if this YouTube ‘Shaun the Sheep Championsheeps-Steeplechase’ will help in any way?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rT7Z8reqISk

Oh well….perhaps not!!!!! Sorry!?!

• posted by greenjanet
    on

Ay Caramba the synchronised swimming is even funnier, thanks for the reminder

Please log in or register to post a reply.