My eight weeks….

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Switzerland
    on

Hi Lucia,
    Enjoy your week off. Time is such a precious commodity. It can really work in your favour when it comes to the BSD by lowering stress levels which lowers cortisol levels – so sing, sing, sing – and walk and eat the BSD way.
    Is OH still watching the footy?
    It’s got me thinking about BSD style footy food. I’d have to go with: 30g gruyere cheese, gherkins and olives – all washed down with sparkling water and a wedge of lemon and lime.
    Best wishes.

• posted by Sandie
    on

Happy holiday Lucia, Enjoy and have Fun.

• posted by Lucia
    on

Hi gang
    Bathroom cleaned
    Kitchen cleaned
    Bedroom cleaned
    Lounge and hall cleaned

Put laundry in, went for a bike ride.
    Back now to hang it out.

Meeting a girlfriend at 11 for coffee and it’s only 8am day one of holiday.
    😏 This is suppose to be a smug emoji.

Love luica
    Xxx

• posted by Julia18togo
    on

Good grief Lucia I’m feeling guilty just reading that… normally I’d be giving you a run for your money jogging as my daughter does her paper round on her bike. But she injured herself at gymnastics so this morning I took her round in the car. Then came home and got back into bed with mug of tea and (shhh) a wee bit chocolate. I still have to cut grass and clean house but will need to be VERY good food wise for the rest of the day. Taking my mum and the girls out later this morning though, so cannot spend too long in bed. Not sure there is a naughty girl emoji I can use….

• posted by Switzerland
    on

You are blitzing it Lucia. Happy holidays.

• posted by Sandie
    on

Laying in bed listening to Sounds of the Sixties the radio so on the strength of your efforts Lucia I am now heading for the shower and getting on with it. Smug indeed Lucia you deserve to be.

• posted by Lucia
    on

There is a tv series called guitar stars.
    One of the judges is a dish, you want to see his dreamy eyes
    Oh and that smile.
    Mmmmmmmm
    Oh well I think his first name is milos.
    Can’t get my teeth around his surname, sorry.

Well he has done the Beatles tune blackbird.
    Go look him up on you tube.

It’s great, either dive into his dreamy eyes
    Or
    Close your eyes and enjoy the tune.

Worth it, he gas a thumbs up from me. πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»

Love Lucia
    Xxxx

• posted by Lucia
    on

Sandie
    9:15 and still in bed,wow.
    I wish I could at times.
    I would have to take my iPad to bed and read the newspapers. I couldn’t just lie there, wish I was able.

My body woke me up around six, with two huge sneezes,
    Now 6 is a lie in for me.

Hoping to go to the gym this weekend for the first time.
    It’s to get fit, not to go talent or bum spotting in the mirrors..πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ‹πŸ»πŸ‹πŸ»πŸ‹πŸ»πŸ‹πŸ»πŸ‹πŸ»πŸ‹πŸ»πŸ‹πŸ»πŸ‹πŸ»πŸ‹πŸ»πŸ‹πŸ»πŸ‹πŸ»πŸ‹πŸ»πŸ‹πŸ»πŸ‹πŸ»

Obviously I will report back.
    Love Lucia
    Xxxx

• posted by Switzerland
    on

Hi Lucia,
    And that will be another thumbs up from me. I’ve seen the same guy on TV here…an absolute dream…and his guitar rendition of Blackbird almost surpasses what is musically possible. Here they show the clip on SBS which is our multi cultural channel. Oh, the other thing I remember is that he’s wearing the most gorgeous boots (now, why would I remember that?)
    Lucia don’t forget to visit the fruit and veg shop…… to get your BSD supplies!
    Good luck at the gym….and yes, we want a full report.

• posted by Switzerland
    on

Hi Lucia,
    In the spirit of international sportsmanship the Australia v England rugby union score is 7 -10 (35 minutes in.)
    I can’t guarantee a full time score as a show starts on another station in 9 minutes.

• posted by Sandie
    on

Good morning again Lucia. On your prompting I stopped playing games and leapt out of bed, got the washing machine going, had a coffee, emptied the dishwasher and off to town. I walked there and back and tracked the walk. 3.11 miles. I bought a copy of THE BOOK (BSD). Now I am going to have some water and I have made a peppermint tea. Oh I now see it is good afternoon.

• posted by Lucia
    on

Oh sandie,
    You are FANTASTIC?
    Do you think it is the correct fuel you are putting in your body that is giving toy this energy?

I am going cycling well before 7am
    The air is deliciously clean and fresh.
    The roads are quiet and hubby is still in bed asleep so it is me time.

If you can’t get out and cycle, try having a few big breaths of early morning air, it’s so different than the stuff after 9am.
    A
    Keep going, keep moving, keep BSing. Keep losing and just for today have a good sniff of early morning.

Love Lucia
    Xxxx

• posted by Lucia
    on

Hi Switzerland
    Thought you were going to say the Aussies were stuffing the poms!
    You usually do beat the pants off us.

I love the 20 overs in a day matches, they are so full of energy.
    I get fed up with the batsmen gardening etc.

I see why they call it silly mid off.
    (You could get clouted by a bat)

Love Lucia
    Xxxx

• posted by Lucia
    on

As a birthday treat,
    Milos is in London in November, hubby has just ordered two tickets.
    Love Lucia
    Xxxx

• posted by Sandie
    on

Lucia this afternoon I went to my Body Pump class and this evening we went to friends for a meal. I drank alcohol but I did plan to. Our main meal was already plated. Goose with vegetables and roast potatoes. I ate all then a generous portion of trifle with fresh fruit (no jelly) then cheese and crackers. I over ate. But during the day I only had a boiled egg and strawberries in preparation.

• posted by Switzerland
    on

Hi Lucia,
    I get your point about the cricket but we were playing rugby union and ……wait for it…..England won – very comfortably 23 – 7. Can you see me tipping my hat? You outclassed us England.
    Milos, in London, in November….be still our beating hearts! You know you’re going to have to train for this Lucia. You’ll need to get in all of the cycling, walking and gym work that you can just to cope with the palpitations! You lucky lady….it’s a lovely birthday present, hubby should be very proud.
    Getting back to cricket – decades ago I used to find it boring. Then back in the ’90’s hubby and I used to go to the SCG and watch it…that’s when it really got me in….and silly mid off still makes me chuckle whenever the commentator says it. Obviously that would be the position I would play!
    My head’s in a good place today – BSDing is somewhat easier on these days – so today I’m eating strawberries and yoghurt, salmon and mixed salad leaves and courgetti bolognese (with hidden grated veg in the bolognese). Oh, and room for an apple there somewhere.
    Have a great evening.

• posted by Lucia
    on

Hi to all those of you reading the blogs but are not in the programme yet.

So what is stopping you?
    Is it the food? I have given you a few ideas.
    Is it the exercise ? I have given you a few ideas.
    Is it the will power? I have give you a few ideas.

Or
    Is it because you feel you are not worth it?
    I felt like this.
    But tell me say one thing , just to you, directly from me to you.
    YOU ARE WORTH IT.

You have to believe in yourself.
    Believe in your worth.
    Believe that you are the best thing since sliced bread.
    You are the bees knees
    You are the one.

So how About giving yourself a little gift,.
    The gift of health.
    Break it down, give yourself the gift of health, just for today.
    Let tomorrow look after itself..

I once heard a saying, sorry if I get it wrong.

Today is called the present
    It’s called the PRESENT as it is a gift.

Let me wrap today up with a bluey-purple bow, here you are from me to you.
    You are worth it, I know, I wouldn’t waste my time hunting around for a big enough bow for you.

So just quietly, slowly, calmly, do a little expertise, cut a few carbs, smile a few times, bit by bit.
    BUild you on it.
    Then soon, you will be getting up earlier,
    Singing at the top of your voice,
    Have tons of energy
    Do exercise
    Eat the right foods.
    Calm your mind.
    And
    ENJOY life.

What are you waiting for?

As a thank you note for my gift to you, how about putting a blog on saying what you have done with my gift to you?

Love Lucia
    Xxx

• posted by Lucia
    on

And
    I hate predictive text.
    I write a sentance and then it totally changes it.
    Makes my message seem gobildy-gook.

Love luica
    Xxx

• posted by Lucia
    on

Before bs800, my body used pure sugar, carbs and junk to fuel my body.

It must have gone into a state of…..what the devil is she up to now mode.
    She doesn’t love me anymore as she is now not feeding me much.
    I suppose I will just have to have a walk around her body and see if there is anything I can use as fuel.

Now my body uses blubber to fuel itself.

I wonder if my mood swings at the beginning was my body pulling the dust sheets of stuff, unlocking areas it has never gone to before. Stubbing it’s toes on stuff just lying about.

Yup, I have been thinking again.

Love luica
    Xxxx

• posted by Switzerland
    on

It’s great when you think Lucia – it makes us stop and think as well. I think it’s fabulous that our bodies are so clever that when we put the right fuel in they can use blubber as fuel. It’s awesome.

• posted by Sandie
    on

Lucia as you are getting greater your body is getting smaller. Hurrah. regards Sandie

• posted by Lucia
    on

Morning gang,
    Well I ah e had a lie in. Okay, okay, but 15 mins is a lot for me.
    Hubby and I watched game of thrones at 6am.
    There is only one episode left.
    Then he went to work and I well, I am on holiday.
    So I made the bed, hung the clothes up dusted all the surfaces in the whole house, tidied the bathroom,
    Then the hall stairs and landing.
    Then lounge
    Then kitchen,
    Emptied the kitchen cupboards, washed the insides, dried and organise the stuff away.
    I went around all the skirting boards and ceilings, looking for cobwebs.

Then I had elevenses at ten, so it’s tenzes.
    Went out for a cycle ride for an hour.
    I have brass cutlery, so I polished them when I watched game of thrones.
    I washed them with fairy liquid, they look great.

You see, I feel guilty slobbing out.
    I have to tidy everything, then I can relax and enjoy playing.

I am sad like that, but when I look around, I don’t see jobs. So I can relax.

So remember when I asked if you felt worthy of the effort or time on yourself, as you can see from the above, I still have a couple of self issues to deal with.

I just hope no shrink reads this, they will knock on my door with one of those nice white straight jackets !!
    Don’t think I can spell psychiatrist. Is that right?

Anyway, just going to enjoy the afternoon.

Tomorrow , if it’s not raining, I will do the garden and relax in the afternoon.

Wednesday either the garage or the car will shine.

Love Lucia
    Xxx

• posted by Switzerland
    on

Hi Lucia,
    What a productive day you’ve had. It’s brilliant how you’re being so productive on your staycation. I’m imagining your brass cutlery so shiny that you were seeing your own reflection in it.
    It’s Winter Solstice today in the southern hemisphere. I’m always happy to see it – I’m much happier when the days start to lengthen (albeit slowly).
    Had a great BSD experience yesterday. I was with a family member in hospital for their surgery so I was there for lunch and dinner. I’d packed BSD snacks in case I couldn’t buy anything suitable. Imagine my joy at buying a garden salad with Italian dressing for lunch and a vegetable frittata for tea. I was so pleased. (Oh, and family member is doing well).
    Best wishes.

• posted by Lucia
    on

Hi
    So it’s the longest day of the year here.
    Tomorrow the nights will be drawing in for winter.😐😐😐😐😐

Winter is coming, Jon snow.

Yesterday, with keeping busy, I didn’t feel hungry. I was just happy with small meals.
    I think if I was just sitting and watching the telly being the old me, I would have ate and ate and ate and not noticed it.

I did turkey steaks and mixed veggies for our evening meal.

It’s funny how I have now got used to my new eating habits. I feel well,.. πŸ˜‡πŸ˜‡πŸ˜‡πŸ˜‡ when I decline sweets etc.
    Normally I would have watched the person with the sweets, willing them to open the packet, and willing them to offer them to me first. Would I seem too greedy taking a hand full or should I just have one and hope they are offered again. Yup, I was that hooked onto the sweet stuff.

So we have a little over 6 months to Christmas. Anyone going to join me on the count down to Christmas? The counting down of the weight I mean. But if you want, I can give you a quick burst of ….
    🎢🎢🎢jingle bells 🎢🎢🎢🎢jingle bells 🎢🎢🎢jingle all the way 🎢🎢🎢🎢🎢oh what fun it is to ride in a one horse open sleigh hey 🎢🎢🎢🎢

I know we still have the summer ahead of us and the Autumn too. So let’s all get a grip of this diet thingy with both hands and give it a good go.

Lov luica
    Xxxx

• posted by Switzerland
    on

Hi Lucia and BSDers,
    This is the 3rd post I’ve composed and both others have been gobbled into the internetosphere!
    So, this one isn’t as eloquent as I’ve run out of time.
    We had a wonderful midwinter’s day – fairy lights in the pear tree in the front yard and internal fairy lights for that added touch of winter magic.
    Lucia, if you haven’t already discovered it – Youtube ‘Gazillion Bubbles’ for those times you can’t blow your own bubbles.
    OK – sending now – let’s see if this one works…….

• posted by Lucia
    on

Hi gang,
    I am on holiday at home this week.
    I said I would have jet lag.
    Feeling very lazy this morning, I feel….. Chilled out.

Meeting a friend for lunch for a long walk.
    Then another straight after they finish work, going out for a meal. Nothing crazy.

The bed is not made, the washing machine is not doing its tango around the kitchen.

I am playing on my iPad. I will probably feel guilty next week when I am shackled to my desk. Why didn’t I do x y or z?

Don’t know why or how I woke up in this mood , but there you go, I am only human.

Love Lucia
    Xxxx

• posted by Julia18togo
    on

Sounds like you’re learning to relax and chill and enjoy just being without doing… another thing to thank Michael Mosley for on this diet?! It’s a new skill, embrace it !
    Have a great day !
    Julia (toiling away at the office)

• posted by Angiebabe
    on

Hi all

Have been reading for the past few weeks and now I POST!

Am in week four and a little confused as before I loved sugar and carbs and now I feel energetic without them and not hungry. I put on loads of weight due to illness and steroids and then five eye ops last year which had a terrible effect on my health and mobility I lost depth perception so tended to trip over very easily. Not to be trusted out walking alone!

So eyes much improved and am walking on a treadmill it’s hard but 18 months of no exercise takes a lot of turning around. Luckily in the privacy of my own home no one sees the sweat or red face!

Eating at home is fine but what I find hard is turning down desserts when out with a group it’s not that I particularly want them but more I don’t want to be the ‘special one’ who turns them down. Why is this? Then we went out and had to preorder and got a special order of berries.. So maybe I will try this anyway in normal restaurants.

I don’t weigh or measure myself as it makes me a bit ocd and then give up if I plateau so it’s done by how my clothes feel and so far so good.

I love the comments what a great bunch of people and not a word about the vote.

• posted by Lucia
    on

Hi angie babie
    First welcome to the gang, there are so many geniuses here to help you just keep asking.

Isn’t incredible how we cannot Live without sugar junk etc, but when we try…. We can’t live with it.
    Isn’t that a wonderful change.
    Glad you have a tread mill that you can hold onto and be safe.
    It won’t take long before you are where you want to be.
    Don’t worry about the sweat and red face, wear it with pride as this shows the weight is melting off.
    I don’t turn down a pudding, I ask for the cheese option.
    I ignore the crackers and fruit.
    I understand about not weighing every day, I got to the point I wanted to weigh myself after every meal.

Regarding the voting, here I my opinion, I vote we all go out to the ice skating rink and have fun?!!?

Keep posting, keep walking, keep smiling, keep losing

Love Lucia
    Xxx

• posted by Lucia
    on

Hi team,
    I feel so relaxed.
    Only 8472 steps. Haven’t hit my 10,000, just laziness.
    Am going to be like this until Monday, then . I will need some one to give me a bunk up back onto the wagon.

How is everyone doing.

Are you excited about voting?
    How many steps to the polling booth.?

Glad it will be over by Friday.

Keep going.
    Love Lucia
    Xxx

• posted by Switzerland
    on

Hi everyone,
    We’ve got a different type of voting here – federal election 2nd July.
    It’s a 1.5 km walk to our polling booth, half of it up hill, but the danger is when we arrive there……the fundraiser sausage sizzle. I’ll probably just donate money to the cause before I go in to vote.
    The ice skating rink sounds great – count me in – I may be a bit late due to travel time.
    I made a mistake today of not eating breakfast before I went grocery shopping and then got hungry while I was out and grabbed the first thing I saw (a berry and white chocolate scone). I live and learn. Lunch will be a plate of veggie’s and dinner fish and salad like last night. Not too bad of a calorie blow out – just a carb blowout.
    Best wishes everyone.

• posted by Switzerland
    on

Hi Angiebabe,
    Welcome on board. It’s always nice to have a new forum member.
    Lucia gave good advice with suggesting you ask for the cheese option at the end of dinner. I’ve found restaurants very eager to please and meet my needs eg. Is it possible for me to have the fish but no chips please? Oh, grilled would be wonderful, thank you. I’m quite full, could I just have some cheese to finish the meal, hold the fruit please.
    I’ve had a lifetime of bad allergies (anaphylaxis) and so does my daughter. So I got used to ‘quizzing’ the staff at restaurants/cafes decades ago. It never ceases to amaze me how helpful staff are and how they’ll go the extra mile and speak to the chef to check ingredients in dishes. Sometimes I think it makes their job more interesting for them.
    It’s good that your eyes have improved and also that you have a treadmill. A lot of us started off slowly with exercise and gradually built on that. I figure that some exercise is better than no exercise at all.
    I hope you enjoy the rest of your BSD journey.

• posted by Angiebabe
    on

Hi everyone

Week 4 is going ok s o far.. It is something of a relief to be in control of what I’m eating rather than vice versa. I have a quiet week this week so can concentrate on myself for a change its rather nice. I have been trying on clothes for our holiday in ten days time and pleased at what fits and surprisingly not too despondent at what doesn’t as after all if I keep at it things will do soon. I think this diet ha s given me hope that together with my treadmill walks I can get fit and well again. What I’ve learnt from 18 months of illness is that instead of being busy and juggling ten things at a time that I can enjoy the slower pace of life so I have a new name of the zen lady!

Have had some phishing emails today purporting to be from lloyds bank but when I phoned they said it was going bonkers as so many customers had been targeted . Nothing too bad I didn’t lose money but there is a feeling of intrusion I don’t like.

Hope you are all having a good day and didn’t get flooded by last nights storms.

• posted by Switzerland
    on

Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday dear Lucia – Happy Birthday to you.

There’s an all day party in the clubhouse in honour of you Lucia. Everyone’s welcome.
    Have a great day. See you in the clubhouse.

• posted by Sandie
    on

Happy birthday Lucia have FUN and enjoy your life. I have woken to a beautiful day and am going for a country dog walk.

• posted by Lucia
    on

Hi gang,
    Many thanks for your kind wishes on my errr…. 23rd birthday. πŸ˜‰

I have decided to suspend my membership for 24 hours, so I have turned my mobile phone off.
    Had a lie in, and opened my cards and presents.
    Took my Fitbit watch off,
    loosened my belt.
    Let my hair down.
    Eat whatever I want.
    Left a few dirty cups in the sink ( well that is HUGE for me)
    Ordered an extra pair of specs. This is a luxury for me.
    Bought a newspaper and read it outside ( usually read the free one on the web)
    I have completed two sedukus and a cross word puzzle.
    Had a cooked breakfast, had one slice of toast in a garden centre.

It’s been great so far.

Just off to our club house for a shandy, socialise and a boogie. See you all there in a few minutes.
    Hope there is a strip o gram , I’ll put my specs on and warm my hands 😊😊😊😊😊😊😊

Love Lucia
    Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

• posted by Sandie
    on

Haha Lucia

• posted by Switzerland
    on

Hi Lucia,
    What a great party in the clubhouse – still going – great to see you and all of the BSDers….we’re all looking good.
    Pleased you liked your surpriseogram.

• posted by Lucia
    on

Hi Switzerland
    It was more like a shock o gram. I couldn’t believe what he could do with four balloons and a can of whipped cream😳😳😳😳😳😳
    And I DONT want any photos posted on this website
    What happens in the clubhouse, stays in the club house.
    Now how many carbs in a hand full of whipped cream………

So now, I am back. The 500 pounds I put on over the holiday and birthday now has to come off.
    I am not standing on the scales for a week, don’t need them to say… One at a time please 😐

So anyone thinking of starting the diet, how about starting with me today?

I am going to have lots of water, I will have a salad at lunchtime, not a boring salad but the following…
    Lettuce
    Cheery toms
    Beef toms
    Celery
    Spring onions
    Beetroot
    A Little grated carrot,
    Pickles
    Boiled eggs
    Mustard and cress
    Cucumber
    A little Apple
    A little pineapple
    Pine nuts
    Red pepper
    Yellow pepper

So my salad isn’t boring and tasteless.

May just have veggies tonight.

I don’t regret not being as strict with my diet over the week.
    In fact it probably did me good.

It’s now less than half a year to Christmas Day, do you fancy being healthy and thinner by then?

Let’s use the summer to cope with salads etc,

Anybody notice the nights are drawing in now? 😐

Love Lucia
    Xxxx

• posted by Lucia
    on

Hi gang,

So , to make Sure I know how much I am eating, I am carrying around a pencil and paper.
    You can easily forget what you eat and then Blaim the scales. ( you wouldn’t t catch me throwing them out the bathroom window on an walker blog)

Love luica
    Xxxx

• posted by stevew
    on

It’s now day 14 and I’ve lost 8lbs and shaved an inch off my waist. I haven’t been sticking too closely to the diet regime either (had a big plate of fish and chips one day!), but I think that a 10 mile cycle ride every day is what’s really helping. Am getting carb craving in the late afternoon but drinking lots of water to cope. So far, so good πŸ™‚

• posted by Lucia
    on

Hi Stevew,
    You are doing great!
    I too think that exercise is so important.
    I have had comments when I first started, that just walking wouldn’t cut the mustard.

Well, to those two people to tried to cloud be with negative comments….. Eat my shorts!
    I have lost a lot, and I am fitter. By mainly walking, and jumping in puddles.

So you doing a ten Miles cycle daily is fantastic. My hat is off to you.
    I am proud if you!

Keep peddling, keep losing, keep wearing Lycra. 😊

Love Lucia
    Xxxx

• posted by Lucia
    on

So let me have a couple positive thoughts so far….

1. Health is better
    2. Black trousers now let me breathe instead of holding my breath for 8 hours
    3. Better frame of mind
    4. Enjoying little things , especially having a bath and my hips don’t cause a dam so the hot water can now go all the way around me.
    5. Able to walk for a few hours
    6. With walking able to enjoy the smell of privit hedges, white flowers blossoming now.
    7. With walking able to listen to birdies singing their heads off
    8. With walking able to enjoy the weather, sun on my face or puddles to splash
    9. Meeting loads of new friends here.
    10. When I ask, does my bum look big in these trousers, it is a question, I no longer know the answer. Previously I knew my blubber made me look big, no, HUGE in the trousers.

Thank you Michael.

Any one else grateful for BS 800.

Love Lucia
    Xxxx

• posted by Switzerland
    on

I am aware of what I’m eating, rather than some auto-pilot carb addiction driven fog.
    There’s room in my life for de-cluttering more than my diet – the back sheds are looking fabulous.
    It’s really nice NOT to be hungry all of the time.
    A renewed love of walking – there’s something about the sun, fresh air and nature that’s wonderful.
    I feel healthier.

Hi Lucia,
    Best wishes for ‘back to work Monday’.

• posted by Angiebabe
    on

Hey Lucia

Am on week 5 now I’m the one who doesn’t weigh or measure .. Me not the food.! It feels like the time has gone so quickly but at the moment I think I’m most grateful to MM for

Feeling like I am in control of the food not the mighty food in control of me I def was a carb and sugar addict

Secondly am going on hols next week and ordered a few clothes online and had to send them back for a smaller size.. Yeh.

Am off to the eye clinic tomorrow for a check up on the op I had for steroid induced glaucoma. I so want them to say it’s ok to have the cataract removed.

Ooh and thirdly the treadmill walking is going good still red faced but as you say the fat is melting in the sweat!!

• posted by Lucia
    on

Hi Switzerland,
    Isn’t it great having the energy to do these jobs, I as looking at them for years, now rattling through them

Regarding your comment about back to work Monday… All I can Say is… Rhubarb!

Love Lucia
    Xxxx

• posted by Lucia
    on

Hi angiebabie,
    What a great idea to not weigh yourself for 8 weeks and get a fantastic surprise. Wish I had done that.

Love it when people have to return clothes especially fo a smaller size.
    I am in a 14, slightly snug. Hoping for a 12 soon .

Keep going, keep happy

Love Lucia
    Xxx

• posted by Lucia
    on

Angie babie.
    Will have everything crossed for you when you go to the eye clinic…..
    I am sure it will b wonderful news.

Love luica
    Xxxx

• posted by Lucia
    on

So how was everyone’s 1st day?

I have walked at lunchtime, my stepper is 8011, so getting off the bus a few stops from home and getting over the 10k mark.
    Chicken and veggies tonight

Love lucia
    Xxxx

• posted by Angiebabe
    on

Hello

Well good news and a need for patience from the visit to the eye clinic. Lovely new Greek consultant I do think it’s the best clinic in the UK! He def thinks the cataract needs to come out but wants to try one more round of treatment so the eye is in tip op condition – this will be the fifth surgery on the eye so it has to have periods of rest and relaxation in between – a bit like me and the treadmill! But because some of the Medes make. You sensitive to sunlight I won’t start those til after my hols. I think different medical specialties attract different personality types and the corneo guys are all very kind and friendly in their approach and see you as part of the team. No snootiness at all.

So I must think when he sees me at the end of September he might have to look twice!

Please log in or register to post a reply.