My eight weeks….

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Sandie
    on

PeterPerkin, wishing you a very happy birthday to a healthy new you. I raise a glass of water to you, cheers.

• posted by Sandie
    on

Congratulations Jean. Here’s to the next 10kg

• posted by Lucia
    on

A perfect dozen.
    Love Lucia
    Xxxx

• posted by Lucia
    on

Someone’s started a blog here called frog diet.

Does anyone know how many carbs are in a medium sized frog?

Also, did anyone watch the Simpsons when homer licked the frogs and went on a mind trip?
    If you find yourself walking on the ceiling like spider pig, just be careful getting down.

Love Lucia

Xxxx

• posted by Lucia
    on

Hi Peter perkin.
    Your birthday eh?
    A Gemini?
    There are two sides to your life and story.
    Looks like you have left one story and now are starting on a new one.

So Peter , happy birthday 🎂🎂🎂🎂🎂🎂🎂🎂🎂🍾🎂🎂🎂🎂🍾🎂🎂🎂🎂🎂🍾🍾🍾🍾🎂🎂🎂🎂🎂🎂🎂🎂🎂

And do enjoy the new part of your life
    Love Lucia
    Xxxx

• posted by Lucia
    on

It was ssssoooooo hot today.
    Even when we had a little cloud , you couldn’t breathe.

Then at tea time, a beautiful heavy shower and a peal of thunder.

Guess what I went out to bash?

Yup, you guessed it.

Love Lucia
    Xxx

• posted by Lucia
    on

Have you heard of a cider called scrumpy jack, well I just had a little bit of it.

Wonder if I am drunk or merry?

Nope , I don’t think I am with three fingers of cider.

It was nice, but I am thirsty after it. So I am now having my usual hot water.

Love Lucia
    Xxxx

• posted by Lucia
    on

The daily mail sAys the Mediterranean diet may prevent breast cancer.

Love Lucia
    Xxxxx

• posted by Switzerland
    on

Hi Lucia,
    How are you? How did your vegetarian week-end go?
    We’ve had a lot of rain down the east coast of Australia. Very fortunate where I live – 165mm over the week-end. Believe me, that was one of the lower readings.
    ……it’s very hard to find shapes in the clouds when the sky is covered with clouds. A great solution to the rainy week-end was to shelter in the carport and blow bubbles…..you get the credit for that Lucia (from your previous posts).
    What have I been eating today? B’fast yoghurt, walnuts and berries. Lunch poached egg on sliced avocado. Tea chicken breast and mixed leaf salad.

Hi jillyB,
    The same article was in the Sydney Morning Herald today, but not on the front page. Great article.

• posted by Gaye
    on

Yipee. Today I visited my GP after doing the Eight Week Blood Sugar Diet and my results from my glucose tolerance test was wonderful. No more Metaformin! I feel better than I have felt in a very long time. Thankyou to Michael and the team for the book. It is a life changer

• posted by Sandie
    on

Gaye what a Red Letter Day for you. 😀

• posted by jillyB
    on

Switzerland,

Yes, our newspapers, The Age and your Sydney Morning Herald are the same group….”under the same umbrella” so to speak.
    Watching the news today and yesterday, I was thinking of you and Captainelynn as I think you are both from NSW. Glad to hear you weren’t one of the unlucky ones, I feel so bad for them.
    Regards, jillyB

• posted by Natalie
    on

Congrats Gaye! That is awesome.

I’m in Sydney too, and it turns out the house we moved into six months ago is weatherproof! Yay! But unfortunately the car isn’t. Since half of our garage is still full of packing boxes, the older car is parked in the street, and this morning it has 3 cm of water in it. My husband was out there with a mop and bucket, but how do you dry car carpet in this weather before it rots?

• posted by Lucia
    on

So no one asked me about my perfect dozen.
    Disappointed people, thought you would humour the crazy one.
    Oh well at least I had fun with it.

Love lucia
    Xxxx

• posted by Lucia
    on

Hi Natalie,
    I would lift the carpet out and lay it over a line under the carport or eaves or trees.
    Once it’s dry, you have to get air through it. Or near a heater.

It’s not easy. My car carpet was glued in, and to put an extension cable in it, with a convertor heater, blowing hot air. It took a few days .

Love lucia
    Xxxx

• posted by Imogen
    on

Hi Lucia,

A perfect dozen…what???😉

Imogen🌻

• posted by Switzerland
    on

Hi Lucia,
    Hmmm, a perfect dozen of what?……scrumpy cider?……..something from the fruit and veg shop?……..a perfect dozen of pounds lost?
    You’re going to have to help us here Lucia.

• posted by Lucia
    on

YYYEeeeeeeeeaaaaaa!!!!!
    Well seeing you are forcing an answer out of me.
    Last Sunday, it was the number of weeks completed on the bsd diet.

That’s three months

Doesn’t time fly whilst you are having fun!!

And I mean fun with a big F

Love luica
    Xxx

• posted by Switzerland
    on

Congratulations Lucia,
    Wow, 12 weeks on the BSD. That’s a great achievement.
    Do you want to share with us how you feel now compared to 12 weeks ago?

• posted by Imogen
    on

Hi Lucia,

So that was the perfect dozen…you had me imagining all sorts of things!

Congratulations, 12 weeks gone in a heartbeat – what a fantastic achievement.
    I am in my eighth week now ( I had lost track, amazing how time has flown ) and will be keeping on keeping on with the BSD life cos it feels so good… and… I have lots of weight to let go of.

Keep on posting girl, you remind me to have fun! 😄😄🙌🙋

Imogen🌻

• posted by Lucia
    on

Hi Switzerland you asked me how I feel,
    Well, seeing that you asked,
    I feel more of a jelly or jello that’s been set the the fridge for a couple of hours.🍮🍮🍮🍮🍮🍮
    When I started I felt more like marshmallow,, you could push your finger in for miles 🍥🍥🍥🍥🍥🍥🍥🍥
    A vast improvement

When I started I couldn’t get my butt off the settee,
    Now I take it for long long walks.
    I ride my bike
    I tap dance and sing wether you want me to or not.
    I can run up the stairs and get there at least a full second before my blubber.

More importantly , I have a life.
    A life of my own.
    I do not live my life through the telly.

I try and enjoy the birds screaming their heads off at 4:30 am.
    I recognise this is a required skill.

I meditate. A little.

I can touch my toes and put my socks on , and only lift my toes, then my heels.

I can move through doors without hitting the door frame.

My balance has improved.

I talk to people, myself or any inanimate object.

My spirit is alive.

Nope, nothing much has changed being on the diet.🐵🙈🙉🙊
    Just kidding Michael, I love you for giving me help without even knowing about it or me.

Love Lucia
    Xxxxx

• posted by Igorasusual
    on

You’re a total inspiration Lucia ! 🙂

• posted by Lucia
    on

Hi Imogen,
    So girlfriend, what fun have you had over the last week ( only the stuff you can type here please).

I am thinking of doing a bungee jump or something, no I know the rope won’t snap with the weight of me.

Just thinking out loud.

Love Lucia
    Xxxx

• posted by Imogen
    on

Hi Lucia,

What have I been up to this week?…let me see…what can I put in print…. Mostly enjoying the fabulous sunshine, walking in the beautiful cumbria countryside, gardening 🌻working out with the guys in the exercise group, dancing through the kitchen. Now day dreaming of far flung places. 🌎

Bungee jumping sounds cool, though think my fear of heights might be a small problem…still… life is about overcoming fears and taking on new challenges, so you never know. I better lose some more weight first or it would be bungee landing – heavily !!!😅

Quite fancy trying some river swimming..🌅

Hope your day is good!

Imogen🌻

• posted by Switzerland
    on

Hi Lucia,
    …..all of that in 12 weeks. Seriously Lucia it sounds like you have reclaimed your life and your self identity in the last 12 weeks.
    It’s great to read about all of the positive changes that you have made ‘going on the BSD’.
    Eat low carb med style, add exercise, throw in a smattering of meditation and voila – there’s the recipe for reconnecting with your true self and the real world.

I know it is said a lot on these forums, but…..you are a true inspiration.

…..and now for the singing and tap dancing…..all together now….’heaven…I’m in heaven’.

• posted by Sandie
    on

Lucia you are an inspiration.

• posted by Lucia
    on

Hi Switzerland,
    Does voila mean eating something that makes you more crazy and insane?
    Because I have, with being slightly dippy, I can forget about boundaries and limits.

Eg
    I am excited right now as it is overcast.
    And?
    Puddle bashing.
    I jump from one to the other.
    This works my thighs, my feet, my calves and my balance. Oh and my energy.
    Isn’t that great?
    Something so simple, lighthearted and fun

Love Lucia
    Xxxx

• posted by Lucia
    on

Hi sandie,
    Thank you so much.
    Your profile said you are going for it
    Are you still?
    What have you gone for this week, I need details?

Also, I remember , you are the crayfish tails lady. I thought you were so posh eating that compared to my shrimps 😀

Do you have any hints and tips?
    I am always needing them myself

Love Lucia
    Xxxx

• posted by Sandie
    on

Lucia, Hi there. Oh yes I am so going for it. Today I have some brown shrimps lined up for lunch. I am about to go to an hour Pilates Class. My weight has been stable for a few days now. I am so happy with how well I feel. A fog has lifted. 😀☺😊😄😇🙌
    My favourite word is enjoy.
    Enjoy your day.
    Enjoy your plans.
    Have fun and enjoy.
    regards Sandie

• posted by Switzerland
    on

Hi Lucia,
    I hope it rains enough for you to jump in the puddles – great fun!
    …..of course ‘voila’ means something to eat that will make you more crazy. Have a great day.

• posted by Lucia
    on

Well, the weather doesn’t know what to do with itself.
    Yesterday evening it was misty or slightly foggy.
    Washing on the line was damp.
    I cut the lawns again and then came in to do a bit of sewing before bedtime.
    Hubby got a book from Amazon and has had his nose in it. Won’t see his face until he finishes it today!
    A game of thrones book, base on a hundred years before the series.

Anyone still making soup in this weather? It’s a great meal. I do one with frozen mixed veggies, some stock and one of those herb bags, they look like a tea bag. Then bring to the boil and simmer for six months.
    I then freeze it.
    I have put a chicken breast diced into it, but I don’t like keeping it out for 24 hours.

How are things with you ?

Love luciaXxx

• posted by Lucia
    on

Oh and I have got someone else on the band wagon in work.
    Ha, today my building , tomorrow the world!
    Love Lucia
    Xxx

• posted by Lucia
    on

My god!
    The website has told me I move too fast and to slow down!
    I must be pressing the buttons too quickly.😀😀

I must get support to remove this, it should be saying go faster!
    Love Lucia
    Xxx

• posted by Sandie
    on

Lucia you will make the headlines yet withb your world domination.

• posted by Julia18togo
    on

Hi Lucia

Mushroom soup for me this week – has helped me to lose another half kilo. I am still around, just a bit too busy for my own liking.

All – enjoy your weekend when it comes tomorrow. I am going to try to brave a 10k run on Saturday, first time ever. Just for the hell of doing something different from my normal 5k (see the Lucia influence here?!)… and then another concert to play in at night.

Lucia – you should try making gazpacho, nice cold soup for the summer months!

Julia (pity I cannot change my user name. The 18 kilos to go have now become 6.4 kilos!)

• posted by Lucia
    on

Hi Julia 18 to go.
    I thought 18 was your age
    🍾😀
    Love lucia

• posted by jillyB
    on

Hi Lucia,

As we are officially into winter now, I am into soup in a big way. Today was a big pot of Italian barley soup, last week was pea soup with a sliced kransky mixed in it……yummy ! I can also buy a pretty good supermarket soup, the only one I have ever enjoyed, don’t know if you have this brand in the UK……La Zuppa ? Just one serve, a very generous one, and all ready, not one of those that you mix in water…yuk !
    As you are all active in the daytime, we are all contemplating bed.
    jillyB

• posted by Switzerland
    on

Hi Lucia,

……..I knew it……world BSD domination……workplace by workplace…..all you need is ‘the laugh’ – wahahahaha!
    Having read about your long week-ends, it’s our turn this week-end. Wait for it…..Queen’s Birthday Public Holiday on Monday….it always makes me laugh that it’s in June and QEII’s birthday really isn’t. Anyway, being a loyal subject I’ll take one for the team and have the day off.
    Of course we’re eating soups here because it’s Winter. Pumpkin soup for me this week-end.
    Have you tried chilled Summer soups? I’ve never cooked them but I’ve noticed recipes for gazpacho, cucumber and avocado (3 separate soups) on the ‘net. From time to time I’ll order a chilled soup on offer at a cafe – delicious.
    I’ve planned a 5 km walk for today so was happy to wake to fine weather.
    Happy day everyone.

• posted by Frog
    on

I forgot you;re not in the UK, Switzerland – I just started wondering why no one had told me and checked it on the gov.uk website – we don’t have one.

• posted by Lucia
    on

Hi gang,
    you make me laugh,
    you think it is so hot that cold soup would be the order of the day!
    It’s raining here and is cool again.
    My coat is out… Again.

Jealous of you having a holiday fir the queens birthday.

They have just issued a new photo of them. Aged 90 and 95 . Even if you don’t like the royals, it’s a nice photo and they are not sitting at home, they are out and about.
    Keeping busy keeps you young
    Xxxx

Love Lucia

• posted by Switzerland
    on

Hi Lucia,
    I looked up the photo of the Queen and Prince Philip – do you mean the Annie Liebovitz one of them – it’s just lovely. The other week I really enjoyed seeing the photo of the Queen and her great grandchildren – it was beautiful – and the great granddaughter who’d been mucking up was given the ‘job’ of holding the Queen’s handbag.

Soooo Summer hasn’t arrived where you live. I don’t think this will be much help but my soups for this week-end are pumpkin and when that runs out cream of cauliflower. Baked dinner tonight – marinated lamb and veg – hold the baked potato. I’m skipping breakfast today as I’m just not hungry (please take note of that in triplicate – me, not hungry).

The weather is supposed to be fine this week-end so I’ll go walking each day – I’ll go down into the bush and see how the waterfalls are flowing after last week-end’s 165mm of rain.

Enjoy your week-end.

• posted by Lucia
    on

Another raining day, it’s teasing me
    It’s that fine rain that won’t produce puddles.
    Thinking of changing my towns name to something like… Soggy bottom!

Love luicaXxxx

• posted by Julia18togo
    on

Lucia the good thing about the rain is no watering needed in the garden – I’ve been having to water every day until the last few days as I’d put new plants in and it was just too dry. Very unusual for Edinburgh.

Today I am going to attempt a 10 k run along part of the Fife Coastal Path… Then shower at a Leisure Centre before a charity concert I’m playing in later. Been so busy this last month the family must feel like I am abandoning them… but it means they can pig out on pizza and ice cream in my absence!

Have a good weekend all of you – far and near!

• posted by Switzerland
    on

Hmmm Soggy bottom or Puddleby?

• posted by Lucia
    on

Puddle by has such a friendly name.
    I will go for that one.
    In bakewell, Derbyshire for a day trip.

Stop groaning with the amount of carbs in the village name.

Used to live near here.

All the quaint village shops are gone.
    They are all now tea shops and charity shops…. Sad isn’t it?

Having a mill and a mouch.

Speak later
    Xxxx

• posted by Lucia
    on

Hi gang,
    I have been wandering around other people’s bloggs and was amazed.

Can I do this.
    Can I survive on 800 calories
    I can’t cope with the change
    Will I ever wear spandex again…

If you read the beginning of my Blog you will see that I thought the change from a carboholic/calorholic/chocoholic couch potato to a bds800 person was too big for me.

So my preparation week, I cut out the snacks, and ate three normal meals with carbs and didn’t count the calories.

My first week on the diet, I just counted the calories.

Then I counted the carbs too.

It wasn’t easy at the beginning, I will not lie to you, I had to ask myself if I wanted a size 12 or the cake and a heartattack. Yes, I was a drama queen. This question was asked every time I put anything in my mouth.

I went a little weird on it, I was asking myself how many calories in toothpaste, but then realised I always washed my mouth out I never ate it. ( there is a rude expression here but I am not going there)

Gradually you can measure by eye the portions,
    Gradually you learn to get off the settee and move around
    Gradually you realise that the telly is not real life, it is not your real life.
    When you walk outside the front door or back door, ther is actual fresh air out there, there are birdies screaming their heads off, there is the beautiful paintbox of colours in all the flowers. The many shades of green. The smell of the flowers or the neighbours cooking (you have to move quickly away from that so you don’t get hungry)
    Gradually, you start to go out, met people, chat, laugh and enjoy life.

But Lucia, we are not all like you, how can we do it?

You have to want it.
    Then you WILL find a way.
    Maybe start to cut the carbs in all your lunches, then in all your breakfasts.
    I thought I would not survive without cereals for breakfast, but I am here to tell the tale you can survive and thrive on a healthier breakfast.

Maybe count the calories of one meal a day, say your lunches, just have 300 calories max.
    Then spread this to your other meals and then aim for 800 cals.
    What will happen if you go over 800 calories?
    Are you kicked off this website NO!
    Are you going to get a knock at the door NO!
    Are we going to shout at you and tut at you NOQ!
    We will all say, phew! We did that too!

But I don’t thing I can survive on 800 calories….
    We’ll have a good look at captain Lynn, she is in her 24th week… And she is still live.
    It hasn’t affected her brain, as she still blogs, she isn’t as weak as a kitten as she can still use her fingers to type.
    If you do read her blog she has enjoyed her holiday to Italy more so this time, without the weight, as she can get to more places, enjoy more things. Please search for her blogs.

So just for today, you next meal, just one meal, have 300 calories and cut the carbs, bet you can do it.

You will earn so much from it, it makes you happier, or in my case madder.

So, if I ask you , or challenge you to it, or bet you, Will you give it a go just to humour me?

Thanks

Love luica
    Xxxx

• posted by Lucia
    on

Oh, and regarding the spandex.

What you get up to in your own home, is up to you.

But wear it with a smile😀
    Love lucia
    Xxx

• posted by Lucia
    on

So in the Sunday times today…
    ( free to read in Costa)
    The eight week blood sugar diet by Michael Mosely, number of weeks in top ten…. 21

There are two other numbers
    3845 (154,855)

Must be number of books sold

Proud of you all buying the book, hope you are all starting the diet today.

I have just had a fantastic salad.
    Beetroot, radish, mustard and cress, lettuce, pickles, tiny bit of sweetcorn, carrot again just a little, peppers, onions, toms etc.

Love luica
    Xx

• posted by Lucia
    on

What’s everyone’s mood like today?

Growly,
    Squishy,
    Lumpy
    Skinny

Just watching someone opening a m and s salmon salad.
    Oooohhhhhhhh!

Wish I was rich.

Love Lucia
    Xxxx

Please log in or register to post a reply.