My eight weeks….

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Aussiechick88
    on

Hi Lucia ,

Thank you for you real honest blog/ diary about your journey so far ! You are such an inspiration to me and a hilarious one at that keeping it real and letting us inside that funny brain of yours !!
    Really look forward to keeping up with your journey !!

Xx
    Bianca

• posted by Lucia
    on

Hi frog.
    Love your blog.
    Isn’t this website great.
    There is so much info, help, friendship and chicken rustling.
    ( you need to read Larsons cartoons)

Keep going
    Love Lucia
    Xxx

• posted by Lucia
    on

Hi Aussie chick 88

Thank you for your blog.

I think It is hilarious that people are reading about the arguments I have in my head.
    Love luica

• posted by Sandie
    on

Lucia, you really are a cute hurdler. Soon you will be jumping through hoops as well.

• posted by Lucia
    on

So how are we all doing?

I have a question for you all….

What new item of food have you tried since being on the BSD?

I tried quinoa. Didn’t think I would like it.
    Didn’t think it would have any taste.
    Thought I would try it and if it was rubbish I could use it to grout the tiles in the kitchen.

I feel pretty posh now.

I try and drop the fact every occasion I can.

So what’s yours?

Love Lucia
    Xxx

• posted by Lucia
    on

Hi sandie.
    Just glad hoola hoops come in a large size?

Have you had a go with them?
    I found it a little boring after a while.
    But hey, it’s all exercise, just be careful of doing your back in.
    ๐Ÿค•๐Ÿค•๐Ÿค•๐Ÿค•๐Ÿค•๐Ÿค•
    Love luica
    Xxxx

• posted by Lucia
    on

I am feeling I need a bit of a challenge……

Just thinking out loud.

Love Lucia
    Xxxx

on

Hey Lucia ,

Something new I have tried being on BSD –

White bean mash instead of mash potatoes as a side with chicken and steam broccoli and beans
    1 can cannellini beans washed and drained put aside
    Brown some chopped shallots and garlic
    Add beans and start to mash with adding a little veggie stock until creamy !
    Delicious and serves two side dishes !

Also for a snack I like to have a couple of carrots/celery/cucumber/ capsicum slices with a tablespoon of hummus or avocado dip to munch on

Yet to try quinoa , sounds interesting ! I would probably grout the tiles if I had to eat that wet cement again (a bit of Greek yoghurt with 2 tbs of ground flaxseed it set like cement within 2 mins leaving on the bench haha rated like gritty sand so won’t do that again ๐Ÿ™‚

Hope you have a wonderful day !

Xx
    Bianca

• posted by Switzerland
    on

Hi Lucia,
    Your next challenge – if you choose to accept it – is to enjoy going to the fruit and veggie shop. It’s a difficult mission as there’s all of the healthy fruit and veggies and then there’s the cute dude working in the shop. (Gee, I hope it was you commenting on the cute person working there).

Food item that I’ve tried since starting the BSD – cocoa nibs. Now I know that nothing will ever take the place of the chocolate that I’m addicted to BUT cocoa nibs certainly take away the cravings.

• posted by Sandie
    on

I could never do hoola hoop as I would get a “stitch” in my side; painful.

on

Tasted not rated sorry hahaha

• posted by Lucia
    on

Hi Switzerland,
    Well, I suppose I should take one for the team.
    I will force myself to go each weekend to mr handsome.
    He has a certain way of caressssing the fruit with his hands.
    He gently squeezes the fruit to see if they are fresh enough.
    Sigh”…………………………

It’s such a difficult task you set before me……..

If onlyI could get him to dip into the pond like mr d’arcy…….
    Swoon………. Swoon………

Just going for a cold shower…๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜
    Love luica
    Xxxx

• posted by Lucia
    on

What pattern are you eating?

Are you three meals a day

Are you mealing and and snacking? New word, I know

Are you two meals
    One meal

And his dog , went to mow a meadow.๐ŸŽถ๐ŸŽถ๐ŸŽถ๐ŸŽถ๐ŸŽถ๐ŸŽถ๐ŸŽถ๐ŸŽถ

Sorry got carried away with another tune.

Just curious.

I am mainly three mealing and no snacking pattern.

Love Lucia
    Xxxx

• posted by Sandie
    on

Lucia I am having three meals a day and no snacking.

on

Lucia ;

I have breakfast around 5 am when I am up with the baby :

Small snack like the chopped veggies and dip around 10am encouraging my 2.5 year old to eat healthy snack for morning tea ,

Lunch is around 2pm

Dinner with the kids 6pm

All still within 800 calories a day ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by Lucia
    on

Hi Aussie chick 88
    I am up that early but because of work, but you are up because you love your kids, that’s great.

Love the way you are getting your child to eat healthy with you.

What’s your favourite meal so far?

I still love my bacon egg and mushrooms, either as a mixed grill or mixed up in an omelet.

If there was an aftershave that smelt of bacon, I couldn’t resist.
    It would definately be swooning time.

Keep blogging, keep losing, keep running after the 2.5 year old. Keep happy

Love luica
    Xxxx

on

Good afternoon ;

Our whole family has had a complete overhaul with me and my partner doing the BSD , he got type 2 diabetes after we had our second child in 2013 and his sugar gradually went up to 19-20 and was erratic even on metformin : he now goes to the gym 5 days a week after work and his sugars are around 4-6 depending what time of the day he tests ! He has lost 8 kg as well since starting .
    Our little ones have always been better eaters than us fruit and veg wise but it’s nice for me and the 2.5 year old to sit together at morning tea and lunch and try new things ! She loves cruskits with hummus and cherry tomatoes as does my 8 month old slobbering away on the cruskits with her little toothy pegs coming through ! my 5 year old is at school but has a really well packed balanced lunch to keep her going for the day ! At her school at 10 am the whole school stops what they are doing in class and sit down together to have fruit snack / veggie snack ; it’s apart of the get healthy kids program they are doing and has become a state wide thing !

Bacon, eggs and mushrooms ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜drool ; love that stuff same as you , although I have been smashing the kebabs at lunch with pieces of zucchini , haloumi cheese ; capsicum and mushrooms ; they are Devine and addictive ; I have to find something else as my favourite soon though haha !
    I wonder how many people would be following you sniffing your aftershave haha funny thought !! Mmmmm bacon !

Hope your having a great day today :

Xx bianca

• posted by Lucia
    on

So if salads are good for you, are are bunnies quite chunky?
    Same with pandas?
    But
    Butterflies eat sugar and they are slim.
    It’s just not fair!๐Ÿ˜•๐Ÿ˜•๐Ÿ˜•๐Ÿ˜•๐Ÿ˜•

I bet you all hate it when I have time to think.
    Love Lucia
    Xxxx

• posted by Lucia
    on

Going to try and be a vegetarian all weekend.
    This will be my longest period.
    I am sorry that I can’t just switch.
    Maybe I am too old.

Love Lucia
    Xxxx

• posted by Switzerland
    on

Hi Lucia,

….being vegetarian all week-end = having to go to the fruit and veg shop……I know what you’re up Lucia! I may be half a world away but I can see right through you.

We ate burritos tonight. Burritos made out of lettuce cups instead of the carby wrap were not bad, or maybe I was just hungry!

• posted by Lucia
    on

Hi Switzerland,
    Well he is just a perk of the job!!!!

No, I think our bodies are evolving and doesn’t need meat every meal.

Still say pandas are chunky on leaves and butterflies are skinny on pure sugar. It’s not fair!

Once I finish in work, I have my laundry to do.
    Sunday is suppose to be 22 degrees.
    As I am still in Fahrenheit I am not impressed u till it hits the 70’s ๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ˜ค๐Ÿ˜ค๐Ÿ˜ค๐Ÿ˜ค๐Ÿ˜ค๐Ÿ˜ค๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ˜ค๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ˜ค๐Ÿ˜ค

Now don’t all say add 34 , and subtract your birthday and add six if there is an r in the month.
    I am too thick/lazy/old/cute/daft to work it out.

Anyone got any news or gossip ?

Love Lucia
    Xxxx

• posted by Lucia
    on

Ok. A bit of gossip, shhhh but don’t tell anyone.
    Our Michael Mosley has been busy doing a programme of those electrical cigarettes.
    Must be a long wire if you smoke outside.

I notice the people in work on them are not reducing their addiction.

So there you gave it

Love Lucia
    Xxxx

• posted by Lucia
    on

Burritos.
    Did you wear open toed sandals and a big floppy hat too?

Love
    Lucia
    Xxxx

• posted by Lucia
    on

I am thinking of chicken with a nice crisp salad.
    But I thought you were going to go veggie for the weekend.
    So when does the weekend start?
    I say 6pm on a Friday to dawn Monday.
    Sssooooooooooooooo, I suppose some of that dipped rubber then, sorry I meant tofu.
    Harken me, don’t I sound posh again.
    May wear a kaftan for the meal.

Love Lucia
    Xxx

• posted by Switzerland
    on

Hi Lucia,

No, we didn’t have open toed sandals or a large floppy hat but we did have a mariarchi band! (Not really, just a vivid imagination).
    On breakfast TV this morning ‘does George Clooney make a good TV host?’ Well…….my answer is that George Clooney makes a good anything.
    Lucia, I agree with your definition of the week-end commencing 6pm Friday and finishing dawn Monday. I factor in meat free meals to our weekly menu. I do it for a lot of reasons. It’s good for the environment and the family budget just to name two.
    We’re in for a wet week-end. There’s an ‘East coast low’ off the coast of Queensland and New South Wales. East coast lows are really nasty weather systems.I’m no meteorologist (wow, that’s a huge word for Saturday morning) but I believe that if the same ‘low’ formed above the Tropic of Capricorn it would be referred to as a cyclone.
    Have a safe, healthy and happy week-end.

• posted by Lucia
    on

George clooney,

Good looks
    Beautiful wife
    Great actor
    Can do comedy
    Has money
    House on lake combo.

Nope, can’t see what the attraction is ๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ™„
    Love Lucia
    Xxxx

• posted by Lucia
    on

Loads to do ,housework wise but j just want to go out and PLAY!
    May put a pound on the charity lottery.
    I tHink 7.2 million is a nice amount.

Pay the bills off.
    Finish all the jobs

Holiday

Then hire a really good looking chef to live in the kitchen to count my cals and carbs.

Then get some hand tailored clothes made for me.

Then see if I can pay it forward. Help donate to obesity and diabetes charities.

Oh and get a puddle making machine.

Oh and invent low cal low carb toast as I miss it.

Oh and when I get to goal weight, go to a spa.

Oh and collect bill captain Switzerland and all the others who have become friends and take them on holiday, wouldn’t it be fun to meet up and chat?

Best Buy two tickets then ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜

Love Lucia
    Xxxxx

• posted by Lucia
    on

Oh and I was bought a takeaway meal.

Did I go for boiled rice
    Or fried rice
    Or chips
    Nope, I got bean sprouts and veggies, it was great.
    Hold tHe MSG.

So i can go to my Chinese take away and survive.

Getting there.

Love luica
    Xxxx

• posted by Lucia
    on

Think I am having a… I feel fat day today.
    Don’t know why,
    Don’t know when, but I hope we’ll meet again some sunny day ๐ŸŽถ๐ŸŽถ๐ŸŽถ๐ŸŽถ๐ŸŽถ๐ŸŽถ๐ŸŽถ๐ŸŽถ๐ŸŽถ๐ŸŽถ๐ŸŽถ๐Ÿ˜ค๐ŸŽถ
    Just off for sing song
    Love. Lucia
    Xxxx

• posted by Sandie
    on

Lucia are you getting ready to go to the fruit and vegetable shop?

• posted by Lucia
    on

And in the daily mail
    It says you can lose weight
    If you put your fork in the wrong hand.

Could have saved me hours of counting carbs.

Shall give it a go for the weekend.

Yes, I am gullible.

๐Ÿด๐Ÿด๐Ÿด๐Ÿด๐Ÿด๐Ÿด๐Ÿด๐Ÿด๐Ÿด๐Ÿด๐Ÿด๐Ÿด๐Ÿด๐Ÿด๐Ÿด๐Ÿด๐Ÿด๐Ÿด๐Ÿด๐Ÿด
    Love lucia
    Xxxxx

• posted by Switzerland
    on

Hi Lucia,
    A takeaway meal with bean sprouts and veggies means……you’ve made a great choice.
    I don’t know about you but the longer I BSD (do you like how I’ve made it a verb again?) the easier it is to choose the BSD friendly foods.
    eg. this evening my family really want lasagne and salad for tea – which is fine – but I’m choosing fish and salad. Sure it’s more cooking but I can have my low carb and eat it too!
    ….Keep smiling through,
    Just like you always do
    ‘Till the blue skies drive the dark clouds far away…..(acknowledging the work of Ross Parker, Hughie Charles and the timeless voice of Vera Lynn).

• posted by Frog
    on

Good old DM!

I suppose it’s like trying to eat with chopsticks – it just makes it harder.
    I did go to an NHS healthy eating seminar where they said to avoid foods that you eat with your fingers, because you were likely to eat faster because it was easier, and that with a knife and fork you’d slow down and realise when you were full.

The wrong hand thing wouldn’t work for me though – I used to write left handed when I started school, in an era when that had to be ‘corrected’ (that and my mum was convinced I wrote left handed so I could still suck my thumb!), so pressurised to switch to right handed.
    I can’t write with my left hand now, but there are still things that I do the ‘wrong’ way round – ironing apparently, although that is something I do quite rarely, and others where I’m ambidextrous. When I was learning to play guitar, the teacher carefully restrung it because I was trying to play it the wrong way round – the next week I picked it up and held it as it to play right handed.
    I have a complete block on laying the table – if I’m ever doing it, first strategy is to just lay the knife and fork together on one side, but if it’s more formal, I stand there miming eating, and trying to work out which hand for which, but because I’m pretty comfortable with either, I inevitably get it wrong.

• posted by Frog
    on

Lucia
    Josephsmum posted a really interesting idea on the thread “8 DAYS IN AND HAVE LOST 7LB! YIPEEโ€ฆ.!”
    Instead of pasta layers, you use a mix of beaten egg and cottage cheese between the layers of tomato-ey mince.

The fish is probably healthier, but the idea sounded interesting enough that I’m going to give it a try next time I have some mince.
    Even cooking a smallish quantity, I normally end up with enough for several meals, so I thought it would add variety – particularly as I won’t be having the rice that I usually have with it.

• posted by Lucia
    on

Just been out and picked some more lily of the valley to have them near where I sit in the living room.

I also cut two rose buds facing the fence.
    They are a beautiful strong pink at the tip but does into a peachy orange colour near the centre. The roses are on the fireplace, in front of the mirror so they now look like a full bunch.

All of those flowers smell wonderful.

Love luica
    Xxx

• posted by Lucia
    on

Hi frog,
    Great idea, thanks for passing it on.

Scrambled egg and cottage cheese between the layers, they would bind together and keep the layers of mince apart.

I am feeling summery.
    I bought a dress from Asda. It is navy blue covered in tiny white flowers with red middles and red leaves.
    It is to the knee.
    It has sleeves that are loose to nearly the elbow.
    The back has a lovely detail of a triangle piece of blue lace.
    Elasticated waist, so I can wear it as I lose weight.
    Something like ยฃ16
    It gets me out of black, and trousers. Feeling feminine in it.

Love luica
    Xxxx

• posted by Lucia
    on

Hi Switzerland.

Love that you are now blogging and finding a song in the blog.
    It lightens the spirit. Isn’t it great?

I think because we are now an official family or group or gang, we are all standing up for ourselves as we have the backing of the gang.
    No more am I apologising for eating differently than people around me.
    No more am I taking the cake or bread or spuds because someone else, oh go on, it won’t do you any harm.
    No more am I keeping the peace.
    No more am I tolerating people asking me about my diet then telling me I am wrong. I defend myself
    No more am I tolerate people telling me I am harming myself eating 800 calories even if I didn’t ask their advice or opinion.
    No more am I making the excuse I have an allergy or intolerance or something else.

The worm has turned !!! And a cute worm at that.

I just reply…. That’s nice !!!! Ha. I told them didn’t I.

Love luica
    Xxx

• posted by Lucia
    on

What do you mean you don’t quite understand?

Let me explain.

There is a to series called Mrs browns boys.
    It’s a man dressed up as a women’s.
    He plays the mammy.

I saw a postcard with her on.
    She said….
    I used to say. Fe@k off , but now I say.. That’s nice!

But I can’t go around and swear at people.
    I just say that’s nice.

They accept it, they think I am loopy.

But I am laughing inside as they tell them what I think!

Love luica
    Xxxx

• posted by Lucia
    on

Hi sandie,

I got there before he opened up the shop,
    I hung round like a groupie!

Want to come with me next week?

Love luica
    Xxx

• posted by Lucia
    on

Who keeps moving the I and the c in my name all the time.

Please stop it.
    Thanks

Love
    Lucia
    Xxx

• posted by Scotgran
    on

I haven’t posted for a few weeks. We’ve been moving house, quite stressful, then no internet for a while. However, here I am 4 months down the line. And looking forward to next weeks holiday . AND I AM A SIZE 14 WHEN I STARTED IN FEB I WAS A SIZE 20.

• posted by Frog
    on

wow, that’s brilliant Scotgran, congratulations – especially to keep to it thru a stressful move
    definitely deserves capitals!!

• posted by Lucia
    on

To scottgran,
    Yo skinny, what tips can you give a big girl like me?

Proud of you.๐Ÿ†๐Ÿ†๐Ÿ†๐Ÿ†๐Ÿ†๐Ÿ…๐Ÿ…๐Ÿ…๐Ÿ…๐Ÿ…๐ŸŽ–๐ŸŽ–๐ŸŽ–๐ŸŽ–๐ŸŽ–๐Ÿ…๐Ÿ…๐Ÿ…๐Ÿ…๐Ÿ…๐Ÿ…๐Ÿ…๐Ÿ†๐Ÿ†๐Ÿ†๐Ÿ†๐Ÿ†๐Ÿ†๐Ÿ†๐Ÿ†๐Ÿ†๐Ÿ†๐Ÿ†๐Ÿ†๐Ÿ†๐Ÿ†๐Ÿ†๐Ÿ†๐Ÿ†
    Love Lucia
    Xxxx

• posted by Frog
    on

Hi Lucia
    I’d planned to try the lasagne idea this evening – but went into Waitrose for mince and they had a really nice chicken thing with bacon & parmesan – AND CROUTONS – there were only about 4, but they were delicious. Still only 28g of carbs for the day, so don’t feel to guilty about eating rather than chucking them.
    Enjoy your new dress – hope the sun comes out again!

• posted by Sandie
    on

Lucia you make me smile. Thank you

• posted by Jean
    on

Hi everyone. Just finished my eight weeks and so happy with the results. 9.15 kg lost and 13 cm off waist. Found I was never hungry. Also, incoporated some intermittent fasting in the last 2 weeks as I seemed to hit a bit of a plateau on week 6. Still have another 10 kg to lose so will carry on with the 800 cal and intermittent fasting. Going for blood tests tomorrow. Have not been diagnosed with Diabetes 2, but triglycerides and LDL were on the rise last time. Best diet ever.

• posted by PeterPerkin
    on

Just crossed the eight week line
    Bought the book, read it from cover to cover the same day and started the diet the next day. I could just fit the eight weeks in before my 66th birthday (today)
    Total weight loss = 28 lbs / nearly 13kg
    Didn’t use any of the recipes but ate things that I like, limiting to 800 cal and 50gr carbs as best I could.
    Did cut out bread, pasta, potatoes and white rice.
    Found that I was quite often hungry but just put a positive spin on that.
    Walked a lot and did light exercises – also doTai Chi, which I believe is very good for the body and mind.
    Weight loss was dramatic at start but with plateau in week four with no weight loss at all.
    That can be a bit discouraging but thankfully a lot of positive comment on this forum raises the spirits.
    I set out with the goal of losing about 10kg so I have exceeded my expectation and am very happy. The challenge is now to keep the weight off. I will probably try 5-2 and monitor the situation.
    The diet not only teaches you about food but teaches you a lot about yourself. I now have the confidence that I can manage my weight.
    I am due for annual checkup later this month and keen to see if there is any difference in blood test results.
    To anyone thinking of doing this diet, I thoroughly recommend it. Follow the guidelines as best you can, don’t beat yourself up if stray or have a bad day. You will succeed.
    Thanks Dr MM and thanks again to all of the positive comments and support on this forum.
    PP

• posted by Switzerland
    on

Hi Peter Perkin,
    Great results – well done. Happy Birthday.

• posted by jillyB
    on

Dear Peter,
    Many happy returns of the day….don’t have too much birthday cake
    / champagne !!!

I, too, have just finished 10 weeks, but not the dramatic loss you have achieved, but I am quite happy. Like you, I am wondering if I can sustain the loss but feel that I have more knowledge and willpower this time round.
    Drink to that [ for both of us, and all the others ] .
    jillyB

• posted by GillyD
    on

So well done Scotgran ๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿป๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿป๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿป must feel great ๐Ÿค—

Please log in or register to post a reply.