My eight weeks….

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Sandie
    on

Lucia what did the pirate’s sick parrot say?

Pieces I’ve ate.

• posted by Lucia
    on

Hi collie,
    It’s probably brain rewiring caused by overdosing on carbs and calories.
    Or the reverse effect of all the veggies especially the mushrooms.

I have so much fun now in my head, thank goodness we have no empaths who can read minds ( are they real or was it in Star Trek)

I never used to speak, I was shy. You only know what’s going on in my head as you all live inside my diary, where I write it down.

Now there is an unusual concept.
    You are all characters in my book of life. Wow. That’s big, that’s so deep.

So as characters in a book, you can write your own story.
    Take this moment and write what you want to do, what you want to be, what your aims and dreams are. Make them a reality.
    You are all my hero’s.
    Wow.

So why don’t you make a creative chapter of your own?

We are all x men, but there are separate movies such as wolverine.
    So team Come with me, don’t forget to pack talc as those leather outfits may chaff!!

Pick a title for yourself. A hero name.
    I was thinking.
    Lucia the lucky
    Lucia the loose clothing
    Lucia the ludicrously insane.
    Lucia the lightly boiled.

You get the picture,….. Our adventures start now.

Love Lucia
    Xxxx

• posted by Lucia
    on

Collie and sandie,
    You have earned so many brownie points from me as you have surely made many readers smile today.
    Keep up the good work.

Love Lucia… I need something more catchy like Ming the merciless.
    Ahh…. He’s the leader of the universe 🎢🎢🎢🎢🎢🎢🎢🎢🎢🎢🎢🎢
    Sorry, just off to sing the theme tune. 🎢🎢🎢🎢🎢🎢🎢🎢🎢
    Love Lucia
    Xxxx

• posted by Lucia
    on

Godness flash, we have only ten minutes to save the earth….
    🎢🎢🎢🎢🎢🎢🎢🎢
    Love Lucia
    Xxxx

• posted by Lucia
    on

I May reduce my chestnut mushroom intake tomorrow.πŸ™πŸ˜˜πŸ˜«πŸ˜…πŸ˜β˜ΊοΈπŸ€—πŸ˜ŸπŸ˜…πŸ˜›β˜ΊοΈπŸ˜›πŸ˜…πŸ˜‘πŸ™„πŸ˜†πŸ˜ β˜ΊοΈπŸ™πŸ˜†πŸ˜•πŸ˜₯πŸ˜…πŸ˜ πŸ˜΄πŸ€•πŸ€’πŸ˜©πŸ˜†πŸ˜·πŸ˜€
    Love Lucia
    Xxxx

• posted by Lucia
    on

Oh and I have also had chocolate cravings today.

Sorry chocolate I don’t love you as you are πŸ’©
    But you put up one hell of a fight.

Love Lucia
    Xxxxx

• posted by Lucia
    on

Hi Switzerland.

I wandered sound a blog
    Then I had a thought about you, and
    Instead of posting it here, I posted it on izzys eight week blog.
    So can you read it there, but reply to it here?
    So I don’t lose my thread
    Or my marbles
    Or my brain

Please apologise on my behalf to izzy if you want, probably frightened izzy that a crazy persons ranting ended up on their blog .
    Try and brush it under the carpet.
    They can then ignore it and carry on living. Normal life

Best if I stay here.

Love Lucia
    Xxx

• posted by Sandie
    on

Lucia remember to relax.

• posted by Switzerland
    on

Hi Lucia,

I found your post over in Izzy’s 8 week diary……Lucia, you must stop crashing other people’s posts…..what is the reading audience to think? (chuckle)

So yes, as the famous song from Men at Work says ‘I come from a land down under’. I love your theory that if I’m upside down and weigh myself here I might weigh nothing. Alas (do you like the medieval reference) – it is not so. Disregarding gravity, if it were true, I wouldn’t be doing the BSD in the first place and then I wouldn’t have met you and all of the other BSDers on the forums!

If I was upside down with blood rushing to my brain I would be sooooo intelligent that I could discuss gravity waves and Einstein – but no, just the word gravity in the previous paragraph.

So Lucia, what have you been eating over the bank holiday week-end? I’ve had a busy day. A 400km round trip to visit my father. So dinner tonight is Atlantic salmon and salad. I’m exhausted from today. I’m pleased to be in the swing of the BSD and had planned this dinner so as not to break out.

I read your post about chocolate cravings. I try to have Guilt free chocolate brownies in the freezer so I can have one or I have a piece of 85% cocoa dark chocolate or hot milk and cocoa. I still have to be really careful around chocolate, so I actually treat all other chocolate like the addiction that it is for me and I don’t have it in the house (if a family member has it I tell them to hide it).
    Best wishes and enjoy the rest of your week-end. (fading out….’I come from a land down under’…….)

• posted by Sandie
    on

Feeling virtuous. I have an unopened box of chocolates in the kitchen. This was given to me on the 21st May. I do not need to eat then but have left them out as a reminder to be strong willed

• posted by Lucia
    on

Hi Sandie,
    The main reason that the chocolates are not ate yet is that I have my ear plugs in.
    I can hear chocolate calling from at least 367 miles, give or take.

Your will power is incredible.
    Team, the force is great in this one.

Again, I take my hat off to you
    Love Lucia
    Xxxx

• posted by Lucia
    on

Hi Switzerland,
    I live that you are on the same wave length as me.

Today I had my usual breakfast
    Lunch a little chicken and bacon
    Dinner steak, caramelised onions and a little sweet potato.

Then I had an icecream. Rats!!!!!!
    But it was so good.

I have tried to argue with myself, trying to justify it with over 10,000 steps.
    Who am I kidding.
    There is a chink in my armour. A gap. I I don’t act like that little Dutch boy and stick something in the hole, I will ah e a situation.
    So, tomorrow I am going to do a home made boot camp. On Wednesday, I am going to do a pure bsd. No deviations.
    To night I am slobbing out and watchin a movie. Only in the interests of research (cough cough)
    It’s called Thor.
    He has dreamy blue eyes. Even his muscles have muscles.

And his brother Lokie is the actor with the nice bum who was in the series called night manager.
    Swoon, swoon.

Oh the research was… How many times swoon in an hour. Now I have to look up how many calories are burnt swooning.

Soooooo. There we have it.
    Love Lucia
    Xxx

• posted by Lucia
    on

Switzerland.
    Did you ever hung upside down as a kid in the park?
    I wonder if I could do it again.
    I may try that tomorrow.
    Look to the news for a big fruit bat terrorising the uk 😎It’s me hanging upside down.

Wonder if a little extra blood to the grey cells will help my faulty wiring.

Love Lucia
    Xxx

• posted by Lucia
    on

Does anyone think bill has bought the minion onesie yet?

Love Lucia
    Xxx

• posted by Switzerland
    on

Hi Lucia,

Bill isn’t well – pop over to his forum and have a read – I’m sure when he’s well enough he’ll be researching the minion onesie.

• posted by Switzerland
    on

Hi Lucia,

What a sacrifice you’ve made – researching Thor – and on your long week-end. Your dedication is commendable.
    I do hope swooning uses a lot of energy (you know, to counteract the ice-cream).
    Did you consider what you could have eaten instead of the ice-cream? I’m thinking 30g nuts or a 30g piece of cheese?

I still have my struggle days, they always surround milk chocolate. My current strategy is to not touch any. If I don’t touch it, I can’t eat it. BUT as I’ve mentioned previously I do have 85% dark choc or guilt free chocolate brownies and I have 1 portion when I’m really craving milk chocolate. I think what works for me with this strategy is that they taste ‘chocolatey’ but do not cause the huge sugar spike and then insulin response.

I was always hanging upside down as a child. We had a swing and ‘monkey bar’ in our backyard. In the lounge room I’d sit facing the back of the lounge and then lean back and watch TV upside down – great fun.

Have a good day Lucia (and forum members). Remember food wise to take it one step at a time.

• posted by Lucia
    on

Hi team,
    Yesterday, I wanted chocolate, something cool and , I know it’s the wrong word for it but a treat.
    So I had one magnum icecream.
    I am now in panic mood as it is like a drug , touch it once and you crave it always.
    So I have given myself a talking to and will eat pure today.
    My last day off, work tomorrow.

Love Lucia
    Xxx

• posted by Switzerland
    on

Good job Lucia. I hope you listened to yourself during your ‘talk’.

• posted by Julia18togo
    on

Hi Lucia
    I enjoy the odd ice cream too – not having diabetes (I think you are in the same boat?) I reckon we can permit ourselves the odd one, as does Michael Mosley – and what’s good enough for him is good enough for me! In fact I keep a supply of mini milks in the freezer for those choc moments (I palm the vanilla and strawberry ones off on the girls, no hardship!). They are about 40 cal each. But a Magnum does sound like a well earned bank holiday weekend treat. Hope you enjoyed it – for me the difficulty is staying off other unhelpful food afterwards. But I am encouraged to see you are human like me! I am trying to be stricter with myself this week. We can do it together.

Christi1948 – sorry I have been absent for well over a week – too busy, another fiddlers rally and also trying to finish off stuff in garden as well as several other events.

Have a good week, all!

Julia x

• posted by KJ77
    on

I keep some frozen yoghurt in the freezer – as an ice cream addict I think it is a good substitute.

• posted by Sandie
    on

KJ77
    The frozen yogurt is a neat idea

• posted by Lucia
    on

Okay, I have heard it all.

COD has less calories than salmon.
    Even fish can be fat!! That’s incredible.

COD, a white fish has roughly half the calories of salmon.
    No one told me!!

I learn something new every day.

Love luciaXxxx

• posted by Lucia
    on

Sat outside for less than an hour just to enjoy being still and getting fresh air.

I watched the clouds go by.

Looked for patterns and shapes in the clouds.

Now I am as red as a berry!,!
    And it was cloudy.

I now look like a matchstick. Okay a book of matches.

Love Lucia
    Xxxx

• posted by Sandie
    on

Its a no to cod icecream though

• posted by Lucia
    on

Thinking of turkey meat balls in home made tomato sauce for dinner later

I am sulking now as it is work in the morning.

Love Lucia
    Xx

• posted by Lucia
    on

I think if there was COD icecream yesterday, I would have had it.
    And told myself it is less calories.

It was a great treat, but I don’t want to call it a treat.

I had run out of home made frozen yogurt and fruit icecreams.

I have made lolly ices with low sugar juice , lots of water and tiny bits of fruit.

Love Lucia
    Xxx

• posted by Lucia
    on

May do some sugar free jellies with fruit in as well.
    These are just as backups instead of me buying the magnums.

Ther is a lot of sugar in the fruit, but I think a piece of fruit is a lot better for me than a bar of chocolate.

It was a carving for sweet, chocolate. Forbidden . Fattening, And all other words like this.

I now have to get past it. I failed myself, I am now drawing a line under it. And carrying on, not starting again.
    It was within my calories.

So team, when you drop the ball like I have, lets just pick the ball up and carry on running with it.

Let is not be like the professional footballers (soccer) who, when they miss the ball, they act out ‘the dying swan’ even when they have not been touched.

Yup, I am human, weird, but human.

Live Lucia
    Xxx

• posted by OnSetDiabeticWiccan
    on

Welcom nine to ten pounds so fare in two weeks. I stopped drinking sodas that includes Seltzer. I have occasionally drank judice in a small round container, plenty of water, and mineral water. I replaced regular hot tea with ginger tea and regular icetea with Passionfruit tea.I joined the Akilly’s track club last week.I am glad this website exist because it is rough living with someone does not wish to encourage folks because they chose not to be in a romantic or intimate relationship withsomeone. Enough said about my personal life, I am only concern about my health right now.

• posted by Lucia
    on

A laugh is a smile that bursts!

Love Lucia
    Xxxx

• posted by Lucia
    on

I can rise and shine,
    But not at the same time
    Love Lucia
    Xxxx

• posted by Lucia
    on

Remember the kettle is always up to its neck in hot water,
    And still sings!

Love luica

• posted by Lucia
    on

A few nights ago I did Michaels burger and griddled. Veggies.

It was great.

This was my first time with quinoa. Didn’t know what it would tast like or how it would cook.
    It was great.
    The quantity was huge.
    I have a frying pan with ridges in.
    I did the veggies on that.

Love Lucia
    Xxx

• posted by Lucia
    on

I drank a lot of water today.
    More than usual.

How are you all getting on with your water intake?

Love Lucia
    Xxxx

• posted by Switzerland
    on

Hi Lucia,

I find some days easier than others with water intake. Sometimes when I’m busy at work I’ll go for hours and suddenly realise I feel dreadful because I haven’t had a drink. I try and have a refillable water bottle with me and keep count of how many times I’ve refilled it – it doesn’t always work.

Cloud formations…….do you notice dinosaurs, rabbits and chickens outnumber all other characters, or is that a southern hemisphere thing?

• posted by Lucia
    on

Growl,

Growl.. Growl…

Back in work and the sun is shining. It’s not fair!

Watched game of thrones and thronecast last night whilst stepping on and off my stepper. It keeps me quiet. I have a salad today and a few grapes 6. Just to put a taste in my dry mouth.
    Yogurt and blue berries this morning.
    Unsure for tea. Eggs are light, I need veg. So maybe a frittata. Which is like a quiche without pastry.
    In the mood for onions peppers mushrooms to jazz it up.
    After planning it now I will probably have something totally different.

Back to my growling…
    Love Lucia xxxx

• posted by Lucia
    on

Hi Switzerland,
    The cloud formations up here are more like pork pies, chicken drumsticks, lollipops etc πŸ€“πŸ€“πŸ€“πŸ€“πŸ€“

If anything, my record of water intake is second to none.
    I fill a water container about eight times in work,
    I have a pint of water with breakfast. And the same at teatime.
    I have a Pepsi twice a week, no tea, no coffee, no milkshakes, no juice, no squash. weird isn’t it?

I feel funny if I don’t have a drink for a few hours, almost headachy.

It was quiet this morning at 6.30am no school kids, they are all on half term.

Will try and blogg at lunchtime or late evening.
    Have a great day gang.

Love Lucia
    Xxxx

• posted by Lucia
    on

Did you like my kettle saying?
    I thought it was fun!

Love Lucia
    Xxx

• posted by Switzerland
    on

Yes, the kettle saying was great…don’t know about you Lucia, but I’m often in hot water.

Imagine if what you really craved you saw in the cloud formations. I’d get dinosaurs (yikes), rabbit and chickens and you’d get pork pies, chicken drumsticks and lollipops.

Seen on instagram tonight: Thor is the god of thunder. Chris Hemsworth is Australian. So, does that mean his nickname is the Thundah from Down Undah.

• posted by Lucia
    on

Hi Switzerland,
    You just made me laugh out loud in a crowded canteen. That’s a few more calories burnt off.
    Keep going mate, I will soon be slim.

I am feeling fitter, happier healthier.
    But my weight isn’t dropping off as much as I would like it to.

So I am changing the things I eat.
    Just having my salad now. It’s a big salad.
    Lettuce toms cucumber and so on.

Not ready to eat the grapes. I thought I would be thirsty in work with the weather.
    (After having all the windows and doors open at home, then back to an air con building is manky)

Oh and cherry toms are annoying. You can’t stab them as they ping to the other side of the room, you can’t put them on a fork, they roll. Being a slob and eating with my fingers !!!

Keep moving, keep losing, keep smiling

Love Lucia
    Xxxx

• posted by Igorasusual
    on

Hi Lucia

Love your posts they are truly inspirational!

Don’t want to be a party pooper, but do you know that 19 grapes is only 34 calories, but 9 of these are carbs and all are sugar? (I know 19 is a bit of a random number, but that’s the selection MyFitnessPal happens to have for raw grapes).

If you fancy a grape because of the tasty and refreshing effect, maybe fizzy water with some lemon in would be better?

Only a (hopefully supportive) suggestion!

Onwards and downwards!

• posted by Igorasusual
    on

Or, Lucia, keep on with the cherry tomatoes as 16 cherry tomatoes is only 27 calories with 6 carbs only 4 of which are sugar.

In addition, I think you may turn red if you eat that many?!!!

I have to say, cherry tomatoes are my downfall if I get the fruity munchies.

• posted by thepolly
    on

I’m eating loads of cherry tomatoes at the moment, they are lush.

• posted by Switzerland
    on

…..over here Aldi have a variety of grape shaped small tomatoes, Bellino snacking tomatoes…I’m a convert. Knowing that tomatoes are actually a fruit, these are the first ones that I’ve ever felt the need to just snack on….bellisimo!

Lucia, I’m not sure what you can do about your ‘flying cherry tomatoes’. When I’m at home I cut them in half, but they go soggy when taken to work like that.

What are your favorite BSD salad dressings? Mine are balsamic vinegar (has to be a good one from Modena, Italy- and yes, I feel guilty about the food miles) or olive oil and lemon or lime juice. I think the 2 would taste great together but I keep them separate to maintain variety.

• posted by Sandie
    on

For a salad dressing this evening I used olive oil and cider vinegar. Tasty.

• posted by Frog
    on

I had courgetti with cottage cheese this evening – really good, will definitely be having that again.

I also did a big supermarket shop this afternoon – quite unusual for me, I mostly do little and often.
    I had a trolley full of veg and more veg, healthy stuff like tuna, salmon & steak – not a single cake, biscuit, chocolate or bread in sight – a real first for me!

• posted by Switzerland
    on

Well done Frog. I’ve really noticed the change in my shopping trolley since I’ve been doing the BSD too. It’s nice to have a trolley with healthy contents!

• posted by Lucia
    on

Hi ingorausual.
    Nope, you are not a party pooper. You are going your best friends a little bit of news.
    I welcome it.
    I just fancied the taste of the grapes, hence the amount.
    I wouldn’t get excited over fizzy water, as water is all I drink.

All tomatoes give me heart burn, same with cucumbers so I eat them in moderation.

Isn’t it strange how we all have different tastes and needs?

Today I am salading again. I will probably have salad for lunch for the summer now.

Still growling over the icecream but growls are getting less and less.

Will weigh in on the weekend see how things are progressing.

Having eggs and mushrooms tonight.

Keep going team love luica
    Xxxxx

• posted by Lucia
    on

Oh, and I watched the movie….Shakespeare in love …last night.
    Loved the costumes,
    Loved the story.
    Loved the Shakespeare that they performed in a light hearted manner.
    Loved Shakespeare’s dreamy eyes with beautifully long eye lashes. Swoon….swoon…..
    Not so keen on ms Paltrow.

Love Lucia
    Xxxxx

• posted by Lucia
    on

Don’t feel as if we have had a long bank holiday weekend.
    Suprised my boss hasn’t bought me roller skates to make me go even faster
    Love Lucia
    Xxx

• posted by Lucia
    on

So I have been thinking….
    I am in a growly mood now…..

It’s just not fair I have to count carbs and count calories and stop putting too much food in my mouth. And have to refuse when I am offered the biggest slice of chocolate cake, the size of a microwave.
    And having to endure everything wobbling as I run.
    And have to make sure I do my steps ,all of them, at least 10,000
    And have to make time to exercise and focus on what I eat, so I notice that I do eat it and not shovel it in and don’t know I have shovelled it in.
    And go out in the pouring rain to exercise
    And go to the veg shop for the freshest produce
    And I have to force myself to do it day after day…

WOW!!!!!!

I do all that, every day, cricky!
    I have got good will power to do this for so long.
    Look at all the hurdles I have leapt over.
    All the decisions
    All the temptations.

And I am cute too!πŸ˜‡πŸ˜‡πŸ˜‡πŸ˜‡πŸ˜‡
    Love Lucia
    Xxxx

Please log in or register to post a reply.