My eight weeks….

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Imogen
    on

Hi Lucia,

Maybe you should sing to your new plants??? Apparently plants respond well to music. 🌻

How you doing?

X

• posted by Imogen
    on

Hi Lucia,

How’s things? Enjoying your evening?

Maybe you could sing to your plants – apparently plants respond well to music..🌻🌻🌻

X

• posted by Imogen
    on

Good grief – I have start red to repeat myself!! Thought first reply had not registered,so wrote another – duh!

Imogen🌻

• posted by Imogen
    on

Good grief – I have started to repeat myself!! Thought first reply had not registered,so wrote another – duh!

Imogen🌻

• posted by Imogen
    on

Something spooky going on with my kindle😱

• posted by Lucia
    on

Hi,
    Just got home, going up for a shower and Make my self beautiful. It may take some time.
    Now where is that polyfiller…..

Love Lucia
    Xxx

• posted by Lucia
    on

Yawn…….. Been up since 5am.

May just need a good nights sleep.

Make sure you all have a good night too.
    We can seize the day tomorrow.
    Love Lucia
    Xxxx

• posted by Lucia
    on

Just showered and went into the bedroom and grabbed a pair of pj’s.
    I felt weird in them.
    Looked at the label, they were my old pair of 18-20’s swomping me.
    Ha!
    Now I will make them I to dusters.πŸ˜’πŸ˜žπŸ˜…πŸ˜β˜ΊοΈπŸ˜…β˜ΊοΈπŸ˜¬πŸ˜πŸ˜žπŸ€—πŸ˜…πŸ˜›
    Some crazy things are happening Round here

Love Lucia
    Xxxxx

• posted by Lucia
    on

Sooooo,…..
    Feeling tired this morning, am I doing too much?
    I think I will stop exercising just for today.
    I am scared to go back to bad habits.
    It’s been raining all night….. Oh just the one puddle….oh look at the size of that one…..
    Twins a wellie in each one. Splash splash………. Triple………oh……..

Love Lucia
    Xxxxx

• posted by Bill1954
    on

Hi Lucia
    I looked for a shirt in my wardrobe, all too big and now missing (donated to a big guy up the street)
    Done my first shop yesterday, size 38 jeans and size L T shirts
    Woo Hoo

• posted by Lucia
    on

Hi Bill
    So that’s where you have been.
    Isn’t it great slimming down?
    Isn’t it great find clothes on the normal racks?
    And not right at the back, or on the bargain rails with the damaged clothes.
    I know you said you were busy, sure you back with me now safe and sound,
    Or is this just a fleeting visit, leaving me devastated, shredding tissues and grabbing the broccoli?

I was going to have a casual easy day today, but been busy emptying the puddles.

Love Lucia
    Xxxx

• posted by Lucia
    on

Hi,
    On the daily mail today is an article, can a carboholic manage a week without carbs.
    Have a read, it’s on line, you may get some ideas to jazz up your meals.
    Love Lucia
    Xxxx

• posted by Bill1954
    on

Unfortunately it’s going to be a tissue and broccoli diet for a while hun
    I really am snowed under, have to find and add barcode numbers to 20000+ products on the website, by order of the great God Google πŸ˜‰

• posted by Julia18togo
    on

Hi Lucia
    I am missing you – everything ok? It’s quiet with Judith and others absent/away.. and I have been too busy to post much recently. I solved the cat poo problem – had extra pebbles left over from path in back garden so I have added them around the bed with the new plants. They don’t use the area as their 4 star toilet now all the compost is covered up! But I so liked the idea of the toy snake I thought I might hide one among the ferns anyway!

I have just had my lunch and I have been a bad girl. Been baking for a charity concert and just ate not one or even 2 slices but 3 huge bits of apricot and almond cake… and I had the idea of heating it in microwave and adding ice cream on the sideπŸ˜€

It was yummy but I am now kicking myself as I have been out running more and today will have undone the good work. Back to better behaviour at dinner time. I may stick to miso soup if I can.

Daughter has started a paper round before school and I am jogging (puffing) behind her while she whizzes along on her bike😊

How is your puddle splashing going and what are you eating today?

• posted by Lucia
    on

Sooo,
    I had a large bowl of cornflakes and three slices of toast.
    The for lunch I had a large bag of crisps, and a ready made bowl of pasta with sweetcorn etc….
    Struggled to eat it all…
    Then,,,,,,,
    Then……
    Then,,,,,
    Thank god I woke up??😒πŸ˜ͺπŸ˜₯πŸ˜ͺπŸ˜₯😒πŸ˜ͺπŸ˜ͺπŸ˜₯πŸ˜ͺπŸ˜₯
    Phew.
    Another close shave.
    Love Lucia
    Xxxxx

• posted by Julia18togo
    on

Hi Christine
    Thanks for the message. Exams almost done. History tomorrow and then just Spanish to go (but that one doesn’t really matter as she’s bilingual so no stress!). She’s doing National 5s here in Scotland – I think maybe because they are the 1st she has done she has found it all so stressful. I hope next year we have fewer tears! Personally I will be opening a good bottle of Rioja when she is done!
    Hope things are easier your end now – lovely of you to be thinking of others when you had such a blow yourself.
    Julia

• posted by Lucia
    on

Hi Julie to go 18,
    Four blogs yesterday here.
    Had a nosey in the vets section.

Yoghurt and strawberries.

Lunch chicken and peppers

Left over chicken wrapped in bacon and stuffed with a little cheese. And broccoli as I am missing Bill 1954.

Only lost one pound this week, I mutter bout giving it all up, us it worth it, but then I remember how miserable I was, and I say I don’t care about the number on the scales ( with crossed figures)
    I am happier and fitter than I have ever been.

What you doing this afternoon as I am shackled to my desk?
    Xxx
    Love lucia

• posted by Julia18togo
    on

Well done to be keeping going – you can tell I am not checking forums enough ! I ought to be shackled to the desk too but I took the afternoon off since older daughter has exam tomorrow – thought it best to relieve my mum who was here this morning!
    I need to do some planting but the weather is not looking good and I am knackered. But I think I will get myself out anyway as it will help me not to wallow in self pity following the cake episode (talk about catastrophic eating – think I ought to run courses in what that means 😊)

• posted by Christi1948
    on

Hi julia18togo,
    I find it a useful excercise in mindfulness to think of others and being positive, it has just taken me some time to get there!
    I have been in Scotland this week, while I have been wandering around various towns and cities I have wondered if I have sat next to or passed a ‘friend’ from the forum! It is another example of me taking myself out of the quandary of grief that I found myself in!
    Fergus our grandson, had his last exam yesterday, history too, Callum who is 18 had his last exam on Wednesday, I’m not sure what that one was I think English? We are hoping to get back to their house at lunchtime tomorrow and take them out for an end of exam lunch.
    You never know Julia we might have passed you and never knew it, or even sat next to you in a cafe or restaurant?
    I hope your garden in looking lovely, you sound like you have been working hard on it, while trying not to stress about exams.
    Christine

• posted by Julia18togo
    on

Christine if you are anywhere near Edinburgh it would be lovely to meet up. Feel free to email me if you would like to and are able to! juliabsd18@gmail.com
    If not no problem. I’m in Perthshire Saturday afternoon and evening but Edinburgh otherwise if that helps!

• posted by Christi1948
    on

Hi Julia,
    Ah what a shame we are off first thing in the morning from kenmore, we have to get to Dumfries for lunchtime, it would have been great to meet a fellow bsd ‘er’!
    It has been wet all day today so we decided to stay relatively local, Pitlochry and aberfeldy, then a meal at the local hostelry in kenmore, steak and salad. We ‘did’ Edinburgh a couple of years ago, I love Scotland as long as I come before the midges I am ok, I react to any insect bite so have to be careful later in the year!
    We will be up again in August to look after the two youngest grandchildren in Dumfries, not sure if Edinburgh is too far for us with the boys?
    Thank you for the invite though, I will email you. We also have to go to see our relatives on Saturday on our way home to the Midlands, (the parents of Helen who died) it’s not too far from our daughter in Dumfries, they are such a lovely family it’s going to be heartbreaking seeing them, however it’s about us supporting them so we will do what we have to do.
    Christine

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Hi Christine

Don’t know if your travels ever bring you near Durham. If they do, we could meet up. Just let me know πŸ˜ƒ

Will be thinking of you on Saturday. Hope your visit goes as well as it can under the circumstances.

• posted by MerryMary
    on

Can I come too??!! I can sing!! 🎀

• posted by Julia18togo
    on

Christine – will catch you another time ! Will be praying that Saturday’s visit is a blessing to the parents and also to you in spite of the difficult circumstances.
    Take care
    Julia xx

• posted by Lucia
    on

Hi team, looks as though our family is growing and meeting each other, isn’t that wonderful! No other group would do theses things.
    I hope you make life long friends and stay in touch.
    Love Lucia
    Xxxx

• posted by Lucia
    on

I had a floppy day through the week but my energy is back.
    Today I am going to eat clean.
    I am going to try and eat all or most of my food raw. (Obviously I will be careful)
    It would be wonderful to do this regularly but with my lifestyle it isn’t always easy.
    So I had fruit at breakfast.
    Berries and yoghurt lunch
    Salad for tea.
    But I am trying to avoid E numbers and additives.

I have been thinking about it , so this is step two, …. Doing it.

Love Lucia
    Xxxx

• posted by Lucia
    on

So anyone reading this blog and thinking they cannot do this diet.
    Have you thought of breaking it down?

For example, trying to eat 400 calories from 3pm to bedtime, but during the day, jut eating sensible?
    Try and get into the swing of counting calories, picking the best foods, enjoying what’ you eat.
    Then the following week, try 400 calories until 3pm then eat sensible of the evening.

Then week three have a go at putting them together.

If this is still too much, have a week counting calories. So if you eat say 2500, try dropping it by 200 calories a week, until you get to 800.

Lose weight , being active, being healthy , really does help all ailments including diabetics

So go on, have a go.

Shall I say… I challenge you?
    Blog me back and let me know you have started, would love to here from you.

Love Lucia
    Xxxx

• posted by Collie
    on

Lucia thank you for your posts they are helping me enormously. I love the humour it resonates with me, there are some lovely people on here and such positivity. Just re read the book it helps ground me and allows the one day at a time or on some occasions one meal at a time approach . Just off to compete this weekend and my caravan fridge is full of pre pared meals and not bursting with carbs , when you put all your food together for the weekend it looks amazing healthy and colourful. I need a strategy for the cold wet days as they are the worst for me. Have fun fellow BSD’S , colleagues at work are now joining me on plan how cool is that. πŸ™‹πŸ»πŸΎπŸΎπŸΎπŸ†πŸ“πŸŒΆπŸ—πŸ‹πŸŠ

• posted by Lucia
    on

Hi collie,
    I am sorry but you are a genius.
    Look how far you have come, you have all your meals prepared.
    You are encouraging your work mates to join you.
    My hat is off to you.
    Love Lucia
    Xxx🎩🎩🎩🎩🎩🎩🎩🎩🎩🎩🎩🎩🎩🎩🎩🎩

• posted by Lucia
    on

Hi gang,
    May I fling another suggestion to you?

If you can’t count calories or haven’t got the time to count the calories, or you just cannot cope with all that fiddly stuff,
    How about…..Just cutting the carbs,
    Stay away from spuds, bread, rice, pasta etc.
    Make a ‘butty’ with one if those thick lettuce leaves,

Have cauli rice instead of rice
    Have cauli instead of mashed spuds

Have ribbon courgettes instead of pasta.

Just keep stopping, no counting… No hassle.

Go for it.

Thanks bill 1954 for a great tip……
    Love Lucia

Xxxxx

• posted by Lucia
    on

What’s everyone up to this weekend.
    Anything wild and wacky?

Love Lucia
    Xxx

• posted by Julia18togo
    on

I’m playing in a charity concert this weekend in the middle of nowhere – which means the tea and cake provided afterwards will all be homemade and excellent 😣
    However, my dear fellow BSDers, I am taking my own tea for before the concert since I know we are being given sausage rolls and sandwiches at 6 ish. All is not lost. I don’t even fancy sausage rolls and sandwiches. My cherry tomatoes and cheese together with a carrot and dijon mustard salad will keep me happy. But I might well enjoy a slice of the gluten and dairy free apricot, almond, cardamom and rosewater cake after the concert. I am taking it for a friend and any others there who might also have allergies. It only contains dried apricots, ground almonds, eggs and (ssshhhhhh…) sugar so a better choice than some. And as MM says, cake is for enjoying, on occasion.

This morning the girls and I went to the dentist πŸ˜• but something really nice happened. Bear in mind that we go every 6 months and we’re in and out pretty fast as luckily we never need anything doing. So the dentist doesn’t see me much. As I walked in and got in the chair the dentist said to me. You’re looking really different, really good and so well… have you lost a tonne of weight? Well not a tonne, I said, very pleased ( I felt compelled to be honest, much as it pained meπŸ˜…). It didn’t half feel good that she noticed and was so positive about it, since many others (as Captain Lynne also found) haven’t commented on my new reduced size appearance to my face.

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Hope the concert goes well. What do you play?

Well done on your forward planningπŸ˜ƒ

You must have felt great when the dentist commentedπŸ˜ƒ

• posted by Julia18togo
    on

Hi Captain Lynne
    I play fiddle music – foot stomping reels and jigs and also marches, Strathspeys and hornpipes. I find the type of folk who play to be amost as lovely as the folk on these forums. All great fun… we usually throw in a few slow airs and some waltzes to get the oldies singing and/or crying😊
    All good healthy fun and a great stress buster.
    Have a good weekend. Seem to recall you are off to Italy soon… while Lucia and I sweat working in our gardens in cooler climes. Not that we are envious or anything πŸ˜†

• posted by Switzerland
    on

Hi Lucia,
    So good to read your upbeat posts again…..the floppy days may be part of being human (we all are, and it comes with ups and downs).

In answer to your latest suggestion……drum roll……lettuce cup tacos! Yes, I said it out loud. The other evening the males of my family had a hankering for tacos. Truly, I was there thinking ‘what am I going to do?’…..then it came to me. Use lettuce leaf ‘cups’ instead of carb laden taco shells. They were great and enjoyed by all. I got the inspiration from the Chinese dish San Choy Bow.

This week-end is going to be interesting (?). The rural fire service are backburning (deliberately setting fire to specific areas of bushland to reduce the post- summer fuel load). There are going to be 70 (yes, seventy) of these around the greater metropolitan area that I live in. So, it will be an indoor week-end. I’ll have to break out the Wii fit and blow off the dust (bushwalking is so much more fun, but not when there are fires).

Have a great week-end Lucia and fellow BSDers.

• posted by Lucia
    on

Hi Switzerland,
    You are telling me your house is going to be surrounded by burly, handsome, fit, dishy, good looking, energetic, male type men in uniforms.
    Where the hell is my passport, I am on my way.
    Sod the wii, lets go and swoon after them.

One of those please on a lettuce cup. Sighhhhhhhhh……..

Love Lucia
    Xxxxx

• posted by Lucia
    on

My weekend,
    Tidying the whole house, weed the garden,
    Food shopping in aldi.
    Meet old friend for coffee to laugh and cry with for about three hours.
    Move a ton of boxes of stuff that I have sold on eBay as they are going to be collected Wednesday.
    Walk 20.000 steps.
    Walk in the rain and smell the clean air.
    Do crafting.
    Do three wash loads, dry and iron them.
    I want to sort my wardrobe out as I don’t know what fits me,
    Argue with the wii.
    Swing my baked bean cans in carrier bags like cattle or kettle bells
    Skip
    Puddle splash
    Do something different…. Hop scotch….
    Go to the dishy veg man sorry veg shop on my bike
    Then tomorrow I will make another list.

So I am having an easy weekend.

Love Lucia
    Xxx

• posted by Switzerland
    on

Hi Lucia,

……..in a word, YES. See you soon. The lettuce cups are chilling in the fridge!

• posted by Lucia
    on

Hi Switzerland,
    I blog about my uncertainty, my down moods, my failures, my cravings, as I was tired of reading sw ww blogs and magazines were…
    Tracy eats half an apple a day, feels full, is in a good mood, never has spots, loses 15 pounds a day, paints her fingernails, swishes her long blond hair.
    Me, I tell you that as I could not walk far, I walked to a bus stop, sat on a seat, was hot , red , sweaty , tired , cream crackered. Waited until I thought I wasn’t having a heart attack then walked for another three minutes and started all over again.
    Losing weight is easy, don’t stick anything in your mouth. Yeh, right.
    In the real world, we crave, we get depressed, we slip up, we don’t know how to say no, we can’t cope, we feel alone, we are HUMAN.
    So team, just try and change one thing.
    Cut the carbs
    Or reduce your portion size
    Or take a walk
    Or make a friend
    Just try one little thing.
    Do it for me if you can’t do it for you.
    I give you this challenge today. Give me the gift of your health getting better and better.
    Let’s enjoy it together.

Love Lucia
    Xxxx

• posted by Lucia
    on

Oh and watch the news on the telly tonight at six
    I will be on it.

I am skipping and hop scotching early afternoon.

The news piece will say…… 7.2 earthquake felt in the north west today , epi centre lucia house πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸŒŠπŸŒͺ🌊πŸŒͺ🌊πŸŒͺ🌊πŸŒͺ🌊πŸŒͺ🌊
    Love Lucia
    Xxxxx

• posted by Lucia
    on

Eating
    B. Berries and yoghurt
    Lunch salad and cheese wrap
    Inhaling chocolate aroma from the cakes in the coffee shop …. Well you cannot get fat sniffing them,!
    Dinner. Veggies
    Treat home made frozen yogurt with oranges and lemons in.

Wobble my blubber each time I want to deviate from the above.

Love Lucia.
    Xxxx

• posted by Lucia
    on

Switzerland
    Can you work out one thing for me please?
    What English time do you regularly come on line? So We can occasionally blog without a six month time difference?
    Thanks
    Love Lucia
    Xxxx

• posted by Lucia
    on

Okay gang,
    What’s the easiest, inexpensive, tastiest, lunch you have done for 400 calories or less?

Let’s get some fresh ideas going here team.
    Love Lucia
    Xxxx

• posted by barby
    on

Lucia I love your posts and your sense of humour and imagination you should write a “feel good” book! Meanwhile WE all benefit. πŸ™‚

I am not one to push myself usually , I’m too fond of sitting around and being on computer. But you got me thinking with your challenges.

So far I’m getting to grips with the food side, but not the other two. If I really want to change my life forever, I have to get off my (now slightly smaller) bottom and do some stuff, really change what I do.

1) Just went and did some stepping on bottom stair, has made me puffed out and feel it, will do this every day in spare few minutes. Small start, but it’s something I never did before.

2) Will listen to a Mindfullness video tonight in bed.

3) I am not musical unfortunately, but recently got an old washboard, and feel this may be “my instrument” . So I will put a Youtube on and play along with them, to improve my skills. I love cajun type music, may even have a little dance around.

I keep a tally of how much water I drank in day. Will now also try and do a fun energetic thing every day.

Thanks for the inspiration. Xx

• posted by LindaA
    on

Hi Lucia
    I met a girlfriend this morning at 0730 and went for a 2 hour walk whilst we were catching up. Across the Sydney Harbour Bridge, through The Rocks, past the Opera House, through the Domain and the Botanical Gardens, back access the bridge and home! A glorious day and spectacular views of the harbour.

I even caught the train there and back so walked to and from the station for more exercise. I’ve hit 22,000 steps todayπŸ˜€
    Tomorrow, I’m going on an 8.4km charity walk raising money for the Hamlin Fistula Ethiopia association around some lakes near the coast and even managed to convince hubby to come with me….well blackmailed would be a better word!
    When he asked me 2 weeks ago what I wanted for our wedding anniversary, I told him I wanted his company 😜
    He couldn’t say no!!! It’ll do him goodπŸ˜€
    What’s everyone else doing?
    Cheers
    Linda

• posted by Collie
    on

Hi fellow BSD ,peeps currently sitting in my caravan in a field ,have walked the dogs and had one run ( I do dog agility as a hobby) it’s freezing.2 more runs to go. Just broken my 16 hr fast with yoghurt and berries . Who would have thought this possible a few weeks ago , I would have been at the burger bar and had a bacon roll! However who has stolen Spring it’s freezing , I enjoyed hearing about Sydney made me think sun beach mmmm lifeguards!! Am I hallucinating on my berries ha ha have fun wish me luck with my runs xxπŸΎπŸΎπŸΎπŸ“

• posted by Switzerland
    on

Hi Lucia,

…..sorry again about the time lag…..been checking out the firies (not really, but it makes for good reading).
    During the week I’m often reading the forums around 22:30 your time and generally I pop back on about 08:00 your time to see what ‘the Brits’ have posted.
    Of course this week-end, being housebound I’m on and off frequently because I have ‘cabin fever’.

I’m not preparing this for a lunch, breakfast tomorrow is what I’m aiming for. I’m soaking 1/3 cup chia seeds in 400mls coconut milk. Breakfast will be about 1/4 of the coconut chia pudding with mixed berries. I haven’t worked out the calorie/carb loading yet because it’s new for me. I tasted 1 teaspoon of the coconut chia pudding before I came online and it’s delicious.

Hi LindaA,
    I’m guessing the smoke didn’t reach the city today. Your walk sounds great. Best of luck tomorrow with the charity walk, it’s such a worthy organisation (I saw a documentary about it once). Oh, Happy Anniversary to you and your husband.

Happy day to all BSDers.

• posted by ay caramba
    on

Hi LindaA
    Good luck with the Charity walk tomorrow. I’m dreaming of 22,000 steps….wow.
    I too have signed my husband up to do a 12 mile walk, for charity, at the end of June.
    I will be going too. Hope I will make it. He will, of course, manage easily as he is both slim and active!
    As for me. Time will tell……..!!!
    Hi Collie
    Good luck with the runs!!!!! That sounds bad but it’s not mean’t to.
    Hi Lucia
    Good luck with the skipping:-0 Now hopscotch….there’s a thing!!!!!!.
    Hi barby
    Good luck with with the puffing…. and the bottom step. I puff on any steps and unfortunately my home has none!
    Hi Switzerland
    Good luck with all your happy days down under!
    Btw did I say…..tonight I’m off to a ball πŸ˜‰

• posted by Collie
    on

Hi thanks runs going well ! Not! 3 eliminations today but there is always another day . Some good work by my young dog though he makes smile a lot have fun all I love a ball !!!!

• posted by Christi1948
    on

Hi Lynne,
    We go as far as Dumfries in Scotland, we go up to Sheffield on the east side of England, and then we have a daughter in Bristol, we used to go to Lancashire, which is where both of us were born and brought up, it had a famous football team which was featured in a milk advert and I’m not talking about Liverpool!
    We would also go to Morecambe where my brother in law and his wife lived, sadly they are both no longer with us, I also have a sister in Torquay, however we don’t get down there too often at the moment.
    Our time seems to be taken up with visiting family now, we usually factor in a holiday tagged on to visiting some of the kids. Then we try to ‘do’ a holiday somewhere completely different, so you never know if we ever get up to your neck of the woods we will get in touch and visit you.
    Well done on your last lot of weight loss, I’m afraid I have been a bit of a dozy mare this last couple of weeks, I think the battered salmon was the start, my face must have been a picture when it was placed in front of me! I have never ever had salmon battered before.
    I wish I had your determination to keep strictly to the diet, and I do admire your tenacity! You just keep inspiring us all to keep on keeping on, even when we fail for a while, like me.
    Oh and we never got to see the relatives who are grieving, they got in touch and asked us not to go as they were having a rough time today, not surprising really, it has hit them really hard.
    Thank you Lynne.
    Christine

Please log in or register to post a reply.