My eight weeks….

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Lucia
    on

Hi jillyb,
    There is a pasta that swells up if taken with a drink and may choke you?
    I realise if you a re dead you will not put weight on, but I would rather us all live to fantastically old ages and have races with our Zimmer frames!!

I am going to paint ‘go faste’ stripes on mine🏎🏎🏎🏎🏎🏎🏎🏎
    Love Lucia
    Xxxx

• posted by jillyB
    on

hi, lucia,

No, ordinary pasta doesn’t do that [ if it did I wouldn’t be so fat ]. There is a pseudo one that is made of konjac which does that …anything with konjac seems to do the damage. Bit scary, eh ?

jillyB

• posted by Imogen
    on

Morning Lucia, morning all,

Today I went to the supermarket …. this was the first time in over three weeks I had felt tempted to cheat on the BSD 800 … all those treats!! Avoided the temptation by giving myself a good talking to. Then noticed the strange looks I was getting (note to self no mumbling out loud) Reading the labels on some items left me appalled – why do they put sugar in meat?bread? – no more pre packed processed foods for me.
    Latest wheeze to cheat my crazy mind…I have started eating my meals using chopsticks, slows my eating right down…enjoy my tasty food rather than bolting it. Course not great for soup!πŸ˜„

Imogen

• posted by Lucia
    on

Hi Imogen,
    Love the idea you went to the supermarket and had a wrestling match with the labels.
    In most uk supermarkets, they put the fruit and veg first,not make you feel healthy.
    The milk is usually on the other side of the world.

I have made a quick sketch of aldi, morrisons and tesco’s, like one of those maze puzzles that you have to find the shortest way out.
    I plan it so I don’t go through the bread as I CRAVE it if I sniff it.
    I also avoid chocolate and again I go crinkly around the edges if I smell it.

I have thought of buying one of those synconised swimmers nose clip to stop me smelling those evil, wicked things.
    I have had some strange looks as I walk through the frozen veg section with my water wings on.
    I find I lose weight with this idea, as my flippers won’t let me get near the freezers!! πŸŠπŸ»β›·β›·β›·πŸŠπŸ»πŸŠπŸ»πŸŠπŸ»πŸŠπŸ»πŸŠπŸ»πŸŠπŸ»

Love Lucia
    Xxxx

• posted by Lucia
    on

Okay, so I am not the sharpest knife in the drawer…..

You know where is says to have chocolate 70% or more.
    I thought you could eat 3/4 of any bar of chocolate!!!

Is doesn’t state chocolate built from 70% cocoa powder ???!,!!!

Wow! Nearly fell for that one.

Love Lucia
    Xxxx

• posted by Lucia
    on

Hi gang.
    Goal.
    What is yours?
    Mine was to be a size 12 or to be 11 stone.
    These are numbers.

I want to redefine my goal.
    So let’s look at what I have done to myself on this blog.

I have gone from being permanently on the settee glued to the telly. Now I am able to walk 10 miles, cycle to the shops etc. Run a bit, eg to the bus without having a heart attack.

I have gone from eating two meals of Chinese takeaway with a huge bag of chips plus three family sized bags of chocolate plus bags of crisps.
    Now I eat ham or chicken salad. Or veggies with fish. Or bacon egg mushroom toms. Or just veggies.

So I am able to move more, eat less. I guess I have already hit my goal without noticing. This is what I am going to carry on doing, but if along the path, I bump into a size 12, I will be happy. But if I don’t, I have got something much more than that….. My health back.

Sorry to be a bit deep this morning, I think it is because another pound of wobbalocity has dropped off.

Love Lucia
    Xxxx

• posted by Rosyposy
    on

Hello everyone,

I’m new to this online chat, but i’ve been very inspired by what I’m reading. I began the eight week diet three months ago, was totally inspired and absolutely loved the food, but after a few distractions along the way, I slipped up. I’m determined to get back to it as it is the most wonderful diet I have ever found. This is day one for me – a new start. I hope you don’t mind me joining in as I love your postings.

Rosy xxx

• posted by ay caramba
    on

Hi Lucia/Rosy Posy plus others as yet unknown
    Many congratulations on taking control of your lives. Echo what you are saying and feel part of this club of ‘New Me’s’.
    Let’s hope many others will join this growing trend and we will all lose loads of ‘Wobbalocity’.

• posted by Imogen
    on

Welcome back Rosyposy!

The BSD food is great…the BSD people are even better! We are all here to find/offer support…as we are all on this road together!

Imogen.🌻

• posted by Lucia
    on

Hi roses posy,
    Yes there are lots of us on this path and some of us are already around the bend!!

As it is only 8 weeks maybe calculate your finishing date and do a count down, ticking off the days on a calendar.

As it is a count DOWN and not for ever, maybe you can do it this time.

I know what it is like with distractions…… Oh she’s got a nice pair of shoes…….
    Sorry, yes, it is so easy to wander off.
    Always know , we are family.

What was that weird saying……

Love Lucia
    Xxxx

• posted by Lucia
    on

Oh yes, you can pick your nose but not your family…
    πŸ˜πŸ˜—πŸ˜˜β˜ΉοΈπŸ™
    Sorry,

Love Lucia
    Xxxxx

• posted by Julia18togo
    on

Hi Lucia/all (new and less new BSDers)

I am back. It’s been a stressful few weeks and I haven’t lost more weight, but you know I haven’t gained it back either! And although I have been eating more calories (while still following the low carb approach) I have been much more active than usual, as I have had time off work which I have used to shift a 1 tonne bulk bag of pebbles from front to back garden (without the aid of a wheelbarrow, just lifting a tubtrug!). Not to mention being back on the running properly again. I am now hoping to do another several weeks blast of the BSD800 and see if I can shift the remaining weight by the end of June.

More power to you all, and thanks for the support – while I haven’t been posting recently, I have been reading your posts (in the few minutes between hitting bed and falling asleep) and I still find the forums hugely supportive. I would have lost sight of that wagon without you all.

Keep going!

• posted by Lucia
    on

Hi Julia 18 to go.

That sounds like one great workout??,!!!

Yes, we have all been pottering around here, just waiting for you to return.
    Not much news or gossip, except a gang of us from this blog were going to gate crash the VETs who have done the 8 weeks.
    Captain Lynn left me the club keys. I had my abba white cat suit on , we were ready, but didn’t realise there were cctv in the club house.
    Oh well.

Love Lucia
    Xxxx

• posted by Rosyposy
    on

Love reading all the posts ( Lucia – you’re a legend!) just finished day one . Had a couple of wobbles as I had a deadline to meet and all I wanted to do was sit at my laptop and stuff sugar in my face. Proud I didn’t,

Sleep well, my little BSD Buddies,

Xxxx

• posted by Lucia
    on

Hi Rosy posy.
    Day one that’s great.
    Now don’t be afraid of asking those gang, any questions you have.

I enjoy getting those baking sheets for little cakes.
    I put a big mushroom in as a base.I make a wall by lining it with bacon, then break an egg in the middle,
    Make a few, pop it in the oven and hey presto, one crazy breakfast.

I had weeks and weeks of full fat Greek yogurt with berries and fruit for breakfast.
    So what? Well I thought life could not exist without cereal EVERY morning for breakfast.
    I was suprised that nothing happened to me when I changed.
    Just shows you.
    Love Lucia
    Xxxx

• posted by Lucia
    on

So other than being a clown,
    Let me tell you some ideas of what to eat.

Breakfasts
    You know me and my yoghurt now, I have it with a different fruit, Apple one day, blueberries, even a satsuma.
    On the weekends, I can have my controlled cooked English breakfast.
    Sometimes I go for omelette with a variety of things such as ham, spring onions, prawns, etc.

Lunches
    I love my salads, cheese, chicken, ham, pork, prawns, boiled eggs, any of these with salad.
    Don’t forget salad isn’t just lettuce and tomatoes.
    Think of pickled onions, red onions, cucumber, spring onions, pineapple, olives, lettuce , cherry tomatoes, beef tomatoes, celery, radish, beetroot, carrots, pine nuts, any type of nuts, apples, peppers, to name but a few, so you can have a variety of salad each day.

Evening meals,
    I love bean sprouts in my stir fries,
    Meatballs and spiraliser carrots, courgettes,
    Tuna spring onion, grated carrots wrapped up in and iceberg lettuce leaf
    Hunters chicken with cauli rice
    Stir fried, chicken, cashews, Spring onions,carrots broccoli soy, stock

If I need to put something in my mouth, I go for sugar free gum
    If I feel hungry I go for herbal teas, to see if that answers the question.

Ther is so much more to eat, but these were my regular meals at the beginning.

Love Lucia
    Xxxx

• posted by Lucia
    on

So I was told the weather is going bad this weekend, so last night I mowed both lawns to get more steps.
    Now I am told its only going a bit cooler.
    Oh well, it’s done and more steps to my totals.
    Love Lucia xxx

• posted by Julia18togo
    on

Lucia – I might be borrowing that white catsuit of yours. A pound down this morning after just a few days back on the 800 BSD. I need to cut my grass though this morning so can you lend it to me later on. I wouldn’t want to shock Jo Public wearing it while out jogging either 😁

• posted by Julia18togo
    on

Christine1948
    I really hope things are getting slightly less raw for you. I have been out of touch with all the posts so only saw your news just now. Puts my daughter’s exam stress into perspective. Thoughts, hugs and prayers are with you.
    Julia

• posted by Julia18togo
    on

On a lighter note – in my obsession with the scales (I’m one of those who finds them motivating!) I stepped on again this morning and they say a pound and a half gone… Given I’ve only been back on the 800 BSD proper for a couple of days I am well pleased. Definitely need some calmer days though – I managed to prang the car on Wednesday, got it scraped on hinge of our driveway gate. All stress…
    Hoping for better days ahead in the sunshine (even though it is freezing again it’s lovely to hear the birds singing).

• posted by Imogen
    on

Bother!! Just on the verge of throwing a major hissyfit because my weight increased by one pound 😀 when I remember that I have lost over a stone in the last 4 weeks….😁guess my mood fluctuating also.
    Hmmm,. Busy day yesterday + reduced water intake may have played a part! Flare up of arthritis not helping as slowing me down.
    All good: will eat well, drink more and meditate.

Hope all you guys have a great day.🌻

• posted by Julia18togo
    on

Hi Imogen

I wouldn’t worry about the increase – you may well find it has disappeared tomorrow or the next day. As a scales addict (I actually find weighing every day helps keep me motivated, not the reverse, but we are all different!) I can attest to the fact that weight can vary by even 2 kilos in the same day… and while mine is usually more in the evening than in the morning, the reverse also happens sometimes. So keep looking at the bigger picture, as indeed you are! You are doing really well.

• posted by Lucia
    on

What are you all doing indoor Soccer?
    The sun is shining , the birds are screaming (well there sounded like it at 5:30 thus mornings)
    Go out for a walk, go buy a newspaper, or a piece of fruit.
    Go and enjoy the sunshine, I am expecting snow and blizzards in half an hour πŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ€”no I told you a million times I do not exaggerate.
    Just under 7000 at the moment, going for a walk.

Love Lucia
    Xxxxx

• posted by ay caramba
    on

Hi Lucia
    No indoor soccer here!!!!
    Just got up from polishing my cupboard fronts…..no not a euphemism.
    I am however sweating and my pulse rate is up but just needed to give my old knees a rest.
    Dull and windy here but the thought of your 7000 and going out for a walk is motivating.
    Need to up my steps from under 4000 so far today.
    When the sun does come out eventually….. my kitchen will gleam and if I go out for a walk I will have a faint glow of self -satisfaction!!!
    Thanks for the motivational talk;-)

• posted by Lucia
    on

Hi gang,
    Just come back from walking into town for mushrooms and eggs.
    I still find it weird the way my wrist vibrates as I hit the 10,000 steps with my fit bit. You don’t expect it, then that happens, I think I am having the hebe-jeebees.

Had ham on the bone salad.
    Just building up to go to aldi.
    Love Lucia xxx

• posted by Lucia
    on

Oh, and guess what one of the items that helped me lose weight.
    Come on you have to guess.
    Now you know me so don’t pick anything sensible.
    Will tell you after the shops.
    Lucia
    Xxxx

• posted by Lucia
    on

Just read another blog.
    Someone with without a gall bladder etc.
    I have the cutest gall bladder, I have a sexy spleen and my pancreas is just so photogenic.
    I am grateful and humbled by others less fortunate but are still able to lose weight.
    Thank you for sharing.
    Love luciaXxx

• posted by Imogen
    on

Thanks Julia18togo,

Just me being melodramatic – over the tantrum now!
    Really appreciate your sound good sense and support.
    How would I manage without the care, positivity, and humour of the BSDers?

Thanks to all.🌻

Imogen.x

• posted by Imogen
    on

Lucia,

Have you been wearing those flippers again??πŸ˜„

Imogen.x

• posted by Lucia
    on

Hi Imogen,
    God do they slow my walking down, they give my calves a right work out
    And
    They keep me away from buying the food, just can’t reach it.
    Love Lucia
    Xxxx

• posted by Lucia
    on

Right , the one thing that helped me lose weight at the beginning, and I DO NOT recommend this to anyone is…..

New shoes.

I bought a pair of new shoes, didn’t break them in.
    So when I wore them to walk, I couldn’t go far, so other than sit at my desk, I couldn’t nip out to the newsagents for chocolate, sweets and crisps,
    Couldn’t get to the supermarket after work, just got straight home.
    This is one of the many things that helped me on my way down the path.

Love Lucia
    Xxxx

• posted by Lucia
    on

If pennies are tight,
    Before buying a spiraliser, you can buy spiraliser courgettes from Tesco’s so you see if they are any help to your diet.
    If you try them ready done, then see if you enjoy them, need them, cannot live life m, then go and buy a spiraliser.

Hope this helps.
    Love Lucia
    Xxx

• posted by Lucia
    on

How is everyone doing, drinking four million gallons of water an hour?
    Or have you all let it slip.

Try and jazz it up,
    Try with a slice of cucumber
    Or lemon,
    Get it fizzy or as one Italian waiter asked….eau, gas or no gas?

Try it hot, try it cold,
    Try it as herbal teas,
    But keep the water going.
    It will…. How should I say it….. Keep you going . ( in the bathroom department).

Love Lucia
    Xxxx

• posted by Lucia
    on

The best part of the day is the early morning.
    It always seems sunny, cool, and promising.

Anyone doing anything crazy today?

I am thinking of having a go at jogging. I can walk for miles, but now I am going to run for 30 steps , the walk and recover, then run again for 30 steps. And repeat.

Gradually over time I will shorten the recovery time.

So if you see a crazy old big bright red bird going past, huffing and puffing, shout hi Lucia

Live Lucia
    Xxxx

• posted by Izzy
    on

couch to 5k is a good programme if you want something to help you jog. It builds you up from short sections of running with longer walking sections up to running for 30 mins in 8 weeks. I did it a couple of years ago with success until I had an injury and stopped. I’ve NEVER been able to run. Even in school I couldn’t even get to the end of 400m…
    I did some weeks of the programme twice as I didn’t feel ready to progress to the next week, so I probably took 10-12 weeks to get to 30 mins I can’t remember. Subsequently I continues to build and I was able to jog for an hour.

It’s something I want to do again once i’ve lost some of my excess baggage. I can’t do it just now because I have pain in my arches. Walking is enough for the moment.

The most important running secret, and something no one ever told me until I read a book when I was older. It is ok to run SLOWLY. totally. In fact running slowly helps you to run for longer, and build it up further. Trying to run faster too soon just means you can’t run as long and wear yourself out and give up.

• posted by Christi1948
    on

Hi julia18togo,
    Thank you, we are all getting there the funeral was last Thursday, we are going to make a special visit to the parents next week, I always think it’s after that, that support is needed, we will do whatever we can for them, they are such a close family, it’s so much for them to take in, they are doing ok though at the moment, bearing up, as they say!
    Thank you again for your concern, I hope the exams are going ok, our grandson just has two more next week chemistry and history, he should do ok he has worked very hard for them! Good luck to your examerX
    Christine

• posted by Lucia
    on

Hi, so it was a good day today.
    Ate as if there is no tomorrow. πŸ˜—πŸ˜—πŸ˜—πŸ˜—πŸ˜—
    Walked the legs off myself, tried running.
    Bought some aubretia , red hot poker, anenomies , stock and other bits, then exercised my back, digging and planting. ( my spell check is having a fit)

Should I say I am looking forward to the peace and quiet at my desk?

Loved the mushrooms with omelette.

Seemed to drink more water today, maybe the fresh air and exercise.

Half way through may already,
    Love Lucia

Xxxx

• posted by Julia18togo
    on

I am jealous Lucia – all that garden planting! I have to shift another tonne of pebbles before I can let myself get planting. Delivery Tuesday so hoping for good weather then. What do you do about cats digging up your freshly planted stuff? My neighbour’s cat treats my beds as her personal toilet. Can’t get cocoa shell mulch now πŸ˜•
    Cauliflower base pizza for my tea was good. My turn for mushrooms tomorrow.

• posted by Lucia
    on

Hi Julia 18 to go.
    I find that soot, or salt wards off slugs and cats.
    Plus I have a fine mist spray to gently discourage them. I don’t aim for them just in their paths as they don’t know that that particular piece of dirt is mine not their mums.
    But it does get smelly and dangerous when they leave donations and I use my gloved hands to garden with.
    Onion skins too ward them off.
    Love Lucia
    Xxxx

• posted by Lucia
    on

Sooooooo,
    How are we all this morning?
    Looks like rain, means more exercise for me.
    Probably go puddle bashing tonight on the way home from work.
    Garden looks nice, hoping the stock give an evening perfume,
    And the nasturtium leaves and flowers may end up in my salad.
    Ate a lot yesterday, so just having an apple for lunch.
    I don’t want to get into the habit of eating bigger meals. One offs are okay.
    So lunch will be smaller.

Have a lot of friends wanting to meet me for coffee, I have arranged all of that for next week. And going to the pub for a drink. So I want to be extra good this week, ready for next week.
    Then it is the bank holiday. Yeeeaaaaaa!

Love luciaXxx

• posted by Lucia
    on

Hi
    The daily mail has an article on slim women who eat junk food and keep their figure.
    I wonder if they are tofi. Thin out fat inside.

Would love to find out
    Love Lucia
    Xxxx

• posted by Julia18togo
    on

Thanks Lucia – I too have water spray but this particular cat doesn’t seem to get the message. Will try salt or soot. Toilet use doesn’t bother me but the loss of my plantime does. Loads of pansies with exposed roots thanks to the cat…

Glad you are meeting friends at the pub. I bet they all comment on the new look Lucia!

• posted by Lucia
    on

Oh, how about a rubber toy snake, put it in the garden rear your plants.
    Cats don’t like them

Love luciaXxxx

• posted by Christi1948
    on

Hi julia18togo,
    We visited our daughter yesterday, she has two sons doing exams at the moment, (in Scotland) they finish their exams this week, I was wondering how you were doing with your families exams, is it still stressful, I’m not sure at what stage you are at, as we only have the Scottish lot doing exams, English lot aren’t old enough yet!
    I hope you are managing the kids and the exam stress, I’m afraid I have fallen massively off the wagon again today, will get back on the bsd asap!
    I’m sure you will be doing ok, I was just sat here thinking about you and the exams. It does us good sometimes to think of others trial and tribulations.
    Christine

• posted by Lucia
    on

Cucumbers?
    Yummy, where do you live, I am on my way, if you leave them in the garden
    πŸ†πŸ…πŸ‘πŸπŸ“πŸ―πŸŒ½πŸ―πŸˆπŸπŸ–πŸ‘πŸ‡πŸ πŸžπŸ“πŸ‘πŸ―πŸˆπŸ“πŸ‰πŸ“πŸ‰πŸˆ
    Love Lucia
    Xxxx

• posted by Lucia
    on

I am in a floppy mood today.
    How is everyone else.
    I need a zap of energy, anyone got any spare energy?
    Please wrap in a damp brown paper bag and mail it to me.

May just chill -ax tonight.
    Do a bit of crafting.

Read a few blogs.

May stalk Bill 1954 now he has deserted me for a younger make. Oh well……..πŸ’”πŸ’”πŸ’”πŸ’”πŸ’”
    Love Lucia
    Xxxx

• posted by Lucia
    on

Feels like rain too, rats,!!!
    Have to pull my wellies on laterπŸ’¦πŸ’¦πŸ’§β˜”οΈβ˜‚β˜”οΈπŸ’§πŸ’§β˜”οΈβ˜”οΈπŸ’§β˜‚β˜”οΈπŸ’¦πŸ’¦πŸ’¦πŸ’¦πŸ’§β˜”οΈβ˜‚β˜‚πŸ’§πŸ’§
    Those colours are nice together,
    Xxxxx
    Love lucia

• posted by Lucia
    on

I have a silver cover on my mobile but a gold case on my iPad.
    What does it all mean?

Ha!

Love Lucia
    Xxxx

• posted by Lucia
    on

I may just put my head out the Kitchen door later and talk to my new plants.

Grow or else!!

The blossom on the cherry blossom tree, has given way to a pile of new leaves, oh well, it was nice while it lasted.
    …. But next doors was bigger and better.
    Maybe next year…
    Send in the clowns, there ought to be clowns, just when I stopped opening doors…. 🎼🎧🎧🎧🎼🎧🎼🎧🎼🎼🎼🎧🎼🎼
    La la la 🎼🎼🎧🎼🎧🎼🎧🎼🎧🎼🎼🎼
    Love Lucia
    Xxxxx

Please log in or register to post a reply.