My eight weeks….

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Lucia
    on

And don’t think I hadn’t noticed that the first people to welcome me and gently help me are the ones giving me a pat on the back.

πŸ†πŸ†πŸ†πŸ†πŸΎπŸΎπŸΎπŸΎπŸˆπŸΈπŸΈπŸΈπŸΈπŸ†πŸ†πŸ†πŸ†πŸŽ–πŸŽ–πŸŽ–πŸŽ–πŸ…πŸ…πŸ…πŸ…πŸ…πŸ†πŸ†πŸ†πŸ†πŸ†πŸ†
    Love Lucia
    Xxxx

• posted by Lucia
    on

Oh and at lunchtime a colleague showed me a mobile phone with an app my fitnesspal, that is free and adds up your calories, carbs and stuff.

Genius

Love Lucia
    Xxxx

• posted by Lucia
    on

I am in the mood for spring cleaning, started this morning and nearly missed my bus. I had to run up the road.
    Do you see that magic word…. Run….. I can do that now and catch the bus.

Will do more when I get home tonight, may tackle the Windows too.

Love Lucia xxxx

• posted by hashimoto
    on

morning Lucia, isn’t it lovely to find we can do things we couldn’t do before? x

How are your handcrafted quilts coming along? xxx

• posted by Christi1948
    on

Hi Lucia,
    You certainly are an inspiration, you have kept me going with your humorous posts, especially when I have been ‘down’ with my own lack of weight loss!
    I’m sorry I haven’t seen your recent posts, it seems my email didn’t pick up the later posts from the forum, I have rectified that now, I don’t want to miss your posts.
    Well done on reaching the eight weeks? It seems like a lot longer that you have been posting, I have lost another pound! How much do you want to lose yet?
    Christine

• posted by Christi1948
    on

Hi Lynne,
    I have found your reply, funny I didn’t get it or even a few others! I have read some of the ones I missed, will have a look through other threads when I have more time, probably Sunday now, I thought it was funny there didn’t seem to be any emails from the forum one night, I thought i had been abandoned!
    I used to make cards, however I did start overtaking my life, now the craft club has taken over my life! It is a social and fund raising event though so I don’t mind so much, it’s just really hard work when there are sale events at church, then I can cancel out a couple of weeks at least while it’s being organised, then after boxing up and putting away unsold items, cashing up etc, you can imagine, I do get help from members, however the bulk of the tasks are down to me, it’s a good job David is involved with the fundraising too, he helps load and unload the car and does all the heavy lifting, thank goodness.
    Christine.
    Oh have just checked my post, David is my hubby!

• posted by Lucia
    on

What’s everyone up to?
    Love Lucia
    Xxx

• posted by MerryMary
    on

Hi Lovely Lucia,
    Well done you! 8 weeks done! Your words have been such joy to read throughout my time on the forums.
    Have you ever considered a career as a stand up comic?!! I love your humour. You really do have talent!

Isn’t this blood sugar diet a revelation for we “former” sugar addicts??!! After 5 weeks I am really starting to believe I can live this low sugar lifestyle forever. I haven’t been on here at the forums for a while, but you, Bill, Hashimoto a a few others have been so inspiring to me. I just wish I could meet you all to give you a big hug 😍

My husband and I are planning a few days away to Melbourne at end of May (and end of my 8 weeks) for our 35th wedding anniversary celebration. I am looking forward to wearing jeans I haven’t been able to fit into for years. 😊

• posted by Eureka
    on

Hi Chrisri1948
    Good luck with the fundraising hope it all goes well

• posted by thepolly
    on

Hi Lucia and well done on 8 weeks,

It came around a lot quicker than you thought! Probably all the splashing about in puddles, dollop pondering and scaling the stairs. Are you going to aim for the 16 week forum or go straight to the 5:2? Will you keep posting here if you do?

Hi MerryMary, congrats on your wedding anniversary and the refitting into old jeans.

Have been loving following all your ups and downs, Lucia (mostly ups, I must say)

Polly x

• posted by Christi1948
    on

Hi eureka,
    Thank you, the stall is all set up, we just have to take some plants in the morning, thank goodness that by three o’clock on Saturday afternoon it will all be done and dusted until the Autumn! I will let you know how we get on, don’t know yet what I will do for my lunch!
    Christine

• posted by Christi1948
    on

Hi Lucia,
    Silly I know but it’s strange when I don’t ‘hear’ from you every day, I had a problem, I didn’t get some of the posts, so I thought I had been abandoned, it’s all up and running again now though, so what have I been doing? Our church spring market is tomorrow and I’ve spent a good bit of time this last couple of weeks getting ready for it, our craft club stall is up and ready to sell, just have to take the plants in the morning for the plant stall, didn’t get a cake made! I have lost another pound! Only 1 lb 6 oz then I will have lost two stone.
    How are you doing? Are you doing anything special this weekend? Apart from losing weight!
    Christine

• posted by Christi1948
    on

Hi merrymary,
    Oh going to Melbourne eh? I loved Melbourne when we went to oz, I would love to go again, maybe one day!
    Where abouts will you be going, are you going for the weekend, it would be great hearing all about it.
    Have you reached your final weight yet or are you carrying on after your weekend away? Sorry I know so many questions! Just very interested!
    Christine

• posted by Lucia
    on

Hi gang,
    Here we are eight weeks and a few hours.
    I am about to go to the other blog called after eight weeks.
    I will put a message on ther, but I promise to come back here and carry on.
    Love Lucia
    Xxxx

• posted by Lucia
    on

Hi, I have come back to report.
    I have been over there to the past eight weeks gang. It feels like I have moved from junior school to senior school.
    I will see if they reply to me, if they want to play with a crazy dame.
    Did you miss me? I was only gone a short time.

This blog feels like a pair of comfy old slippers.

Love Lucia
    Xxx

• posted by Lucia
    on

Hi, I have had a wonder around the different topics and I have seen a few of the same comments in the last day or so.
    that you have fell off the wagon. Well all I can say is, act like men buying a new car, kick the tyres. If the car doesn’t fall apart, it is okay to buy and drive it.
    So kick the tyres of the wagon. If you don’t fall apart (and I guarantee you won’t), then it is safe to get back on.

Because you feel down, this means you have the inner connection with your diet. You are sad you have done something daft, good, so kick the bloody wagon and hurl your butt back on it.
    It won’t take long to actually get to the end of 8 weeks, (it caught me by surprise). The you are slimmer, but most important of all, you have retired your brain, you now know you can do it. You have read the manual (and I highly recommend you buy or down load Michaels book)

So, if you are down right now turn that frown into a smile. If you can’t make your face muscles make a smile then I dare you to do a yoga position called downward dog, your head will be upside down and it will look like a smile.
    Or try standing on your head, but don’t do it when you wear a frock. Boy you should see the speed neighbours can get up to running away from you πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€

Keep losing, keep smiling, keep happy , why? Because I am.

Love Lucia
    Xxxx

• posted by Lucia
    on

Hi,
    Been over to the … After eight weeks. Blog.
    Moved all their furniture around and decorated.
    Well, all of us are moving over there soon, aren’t we?

Can you lot hurry up so we can all go together?

Love Lucia
    Xxx

• posted by Lucia
    on

Oh and when your husband says….can you help me Hoover the car…
    And you dust, Hoover and wash the car, then go look for him, you find him under the sink…

He accidentally pulled the kitchen sink cupboard off the hinge and he had to find a screw and put it back on.

I was wearing my navy blue dress with the White lace on. I ended up washing the car wearing it. It was the one I recently could fit into.

Love Lucia
    Xxx

• posted by Switzerland
    on

….I’ve heard a lot of excuses for not cleaning the car in my time……but your husband ‘destroying’ the sink cupboard and then repairing it? Has he gone too far?!….it could only happen to you Lucia.

• posted by Lucia
    on

There is no way to say bubbles in an angry way.

Love Lucia
    Xxxx

• posted by Imogen
    on

Hi Lucia,

So glad that you are still ‘visiting’ here with the first eight weeks gang. Your posts make me smile! πŸ˜„ I am 3 weeks in, so a way to go before I can join the seniors. I have loads of weight to ‘let go of’ so am planning to be around for a while yet…see you there!

Thanks for helping light the way 🌻

Imogen

• posted by Lucia
    on

Hi Imogen,
    I was delighted to lose a little bit of weight.
    I need to lose more though, so intend to stick around for quite some time.
    Although I now know how to do it and can follow the rules, i enjoy the company’s if my friends.

Week three?
    You now have it in the bag.
    You have got past the screaming ab dabs (technical term) for having to reduce all the junk foods and sweets.
    You know that you can survive on 800 calories.
    You know that if you don’t put it in your mouth, I can’t get onto your waist and hips.

Now you are just cruisin’ along, you should be able to see me just ahead at the t junction in the path. Can you see me waving and waiting for you?

Isn’t it great?

Have you noticed your energy levels should have increased ? I am able to get up of my big fat a*** and do things.

I can’t watch to now without doing something even if it is ankle exercises or reading the blogs.

Common on in , the waters fine

Love Lucia
    Xxx

• posted by Lucia
    on

So I asked… Can I have the ham salad sandwich without the bread?
    No, It is in the price!
    Oh, I have a reaction to butter. Can I have the bread and butter on the side?
    Oh yes, shall I take them away for you?
    Yes please says I.

Got to the till,
    What do you have?
    Ham salad sandwich.
    You need bread and butter.
    I react violently to them,
    Oh, in that case, I will charge you for a child’s portion.

Okay.

Got to the table.
    Hubby says, oh you got your ham salad then?
    Yes, says me, it was quite easy, but I may have a first aided keeping an eye on me.

Oh how I love that life is so easy

Love Lucia
    Xxx

• posted by Natalie
    on

That reminds me of my doughnut story (before the BSD obviously).
    Me: four doughnuts please.
    Teenage server: sorry we don’t sell them in fours. Only one, or three, or six, or a dozen.
    Me: Ooookaaaay, I’ll have one…. And three.
    Apparently she was able to process that request just fine.

• posted by Lucia
    on

Right gang, captain Lynn has given me the keys to the club house,
    Hashimoto, can you bring food,
    Bill 1954 can you sort some music
    Natalie can you sort out some fairy lights
    Switzerland can you sort out some Glo stixs
    Imogen can you keep an eye out for captain Lynn.

Okay we will all sneak into the club house and have a early party. Before you lot officially get to eight weeks. DONT tell anyone. It’s all hush hush……

Oh, Christie 1948, can you make sure no one goes giddy with the food?

Right, now where is my white abba catsuit?……..

Love Lucia
    Xxx

• posted by anthony
    on

Way to go! The carbs have been the worst for me to ditch, but I know it’s made a huge difference. I’m in Week 3 and I lost 20 pounds in the first two weeks. I have generally been having a few eggs for breakfast. And I’ve found that keeping some chilled boiled eggs in the fridge at the ready can be a big help. And see if you can find shirataki noodles. Super filling, versatile, low carb and low cal. They help me to feel full and that is a feeling I need on occasion if I’m not to feel deprived. Keep it up!

• posted by Imogen
    on

Thanks Lucia,

and thanks to all the gang. You are all amazing.
    You guys got me through those first weeks…though I am not brilliant at keeping posted…being able to read about all your unique journeys, hearing about the good days (and the less so), knowing you are all travelling has kept me on the path! Will soon catch up!

Imogen🌻

• posted by Imogen
    on

Lucia – You have a white Ababa catsuit?? So envious! πŸ™‹

• posted by Lucia
    on

Hi Imogen,

Of course, with flares and all. The sequins catches the light of the glitter ball, and my platform boots give me extra height.

What have you eaten today?

I have had mushrooms tomatoes and egg
    Ham salad sandwich without the sandwich,
    And then veggies with a little bit of chicken,

Plenty full.

What have you eaten today?
    And more importantly where is your head at?

I a m in a happy mood …can’t you tell?,,,,, thinking of doing a bit of yoga and stretching, this evening, I am not in the mood for moving fast.
    Been on the bike this morning.and walked the legs off myself.

Looking forward to hearing from you.
    Love Lucia
    Xxxx

• posted by Lucia
    on

Do you know what this website has done to me?

For example.
    I fancied a bit of sweet corn. Sounds healthy? Let’s look closely at those words…. Sweet, ah ha! Bells going off here πŸ””πŸ””πŸ””πŸ””πŸ””πŸ””πŸ””πŸ””πŸ””πŸ””πŸ””πŸ””πŸ””
    Next word… Corn….. Sounds to close to corn flour… Ha ! Tried to get me did you, you little sneaky thing you.
    So ……… Let me disect you……
    Small ear of corn…. 63 calories.
    Carbs….. 14 Grams….

You thought you could get past me….. Now let me see if you make me overdrawn with my daily figures.
    Okay twist. Stick.

(Yes, I know it sounds like Poker)

Previously I would just eat it, now I turn it into a card game.

Anyone else wrestling with the calories and carbs numbers each time you want to eat anything?

Sometimes it is so much hard work, I forget what I fancied in the first place πŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ˜‘πŸ˜‘πŸ˜‘πŸ˜‘πŸ˜‘πŸ˜‘πŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ€”

LOVE LUICA
    XXXX

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Hi Lucia

Looking forward to watching the party on cctv πŸ˜ƒ

The catsuit will look spectacular!

• posted by Lucia
    on

Rats!
    Our cover is blown.!!!!!!

SO! ……..

I have a technical question. ( smooth cover up, no one will notice the cardboard box of party poppers behind my back, I will just slide it behind the sofa…..phew, got away with that one)

Is cauliflower rice, just cauliflower.
    Or is it something else and the name is cauliflower rice?
    It’s not on calorie King….
    Need the numbers before I can decide if I have a hankering to eat it.

Love Lucia
    Xxxx

• posted by Florasalopia
    on

Cauliflower rice is cauliflower blitzed in a food processor until it is the size of rice. You can cook it in the microwave for 5 mins.

• posted by captainlynne
    on

He he he πŸ˜ƒ

Cauliflower rice is just cauliflower blitzed in food processor. There’s a recipe in the book and lots of people on here have tried it, adding different spices etc. Can be microwaved or fried. Someone will be along who can be more specific.

• posted by Christine Denise
    on

Hi Lucia cauli rice is just cauli florets blitzed in food processor to look like rice. Can microwave (no water) or bake. I add flavourings according to what I am cooking, peppers, chilli, spices, Tahini paste last one quite a lot of calories but very tasty.

• posted by LindaA
    on

Hi Lucia
    I cooked the cauliflower rice last night for the (non dieting) family to have with bbq’d steak and veges. I followed the recipe on this website, although I only used half a cauliflower and it was great. Even my size 8, 23 year old daughter loved it and said she will make it next time.
    Cheers
    Linda

• posted by Lucia
    on

So gang, I shall try the cauliflower rice this week.

Is anyone trying anything for the first time, this week?

I would be interested if you are experimenting with food now we are all professional BS800 ists.

Love Lucia
    Xxxx

• posted by Imogen
    on

Hi Lucia,
    My head is in good place…although I may not be the best judge of that…good day today Plenty of walking, then some gardening, and sitting in sunshine looking at the hills.😊

Not hungry at breakfast so skipped (not literally, though maybe next time)
    Lunch was stir fry cabbage, spring onion, garlic, with chicken – followed by some strawberries with a spoonful of cream as not able to eat yogurt.
    Dinner small low carb ploughmans. All delicious , it’s amazing how much I am enjoying food on the BSD!

Glad you’re having a happy day too!
    Guess you don’t need me to tell you about cauliflower rice ?πŸ˜„

• posted by thepolly
    on

Hi Lucia, I had dandelion leaves, slightly boiled,

first time ever and as I have a garden full, I thought I would go on a garden forage. Was very nice and tasted like slightly bitter spinach. Definitely will have more of it.

Enjoy your clubhouse party. I think you should make it a 70’s themed do

Polly xxx

PS Cauliflower rice is really nice but does taste like cauliflower lol – I really like it in stir fried veg dishes:D

• posted by Switzerland
    on

Hi Lucia,
    I love the cauliflower rice. Something I do differently is that I don’t microwave the cauliflower. I just blitz the florettes then fry them in the pan with some coconut oil (the amount of oil depends on my calories that day). I enjoy it being a bit crunchy. I eat raw cauliflower which may be a pre-requisite for preferring it cooked this way.

I’ve got the glo stix covered – they’re left over from New Years Eve. Thank goodness Hashimoto’s in charge of the food – she’s responsible enough to make sure it ‘complies’ with BSD guidelines. (I was so pleased that it wasn’t my job, being a 6 week ‘newbie’ I may have blown it!)

Natalie, can we have multi-coloured fairy lights please? Bill – plenty of Abba music please. Let’s have such a good time that captainlynne comes to the party rather than watching us on CCTV, that way Imogen can relax with us.

I’ve got to go and ‘glam up’. At least I have a 9 hour head start! (Volume fading)…..you are the dancing queen……..super trooper…….
    lalalalala.

• posted by jillyB
    on

Hi anthony,

I’m interested in your shirataki noodles…..can you tell me a little more ? are they in the supermarket or specialty shop ? are they hard pasta or softer noodles in a different part than the hard ? or in an international aisle ? are you in the UK or elsewhere ? A lot of questions I know but would really appreciate if you can tell me. I really miss my pasta and noodles but have to face the fact, which I already suspected, that, although I love carbs, I just shouldn’t eat them any more. I love them but they don’t like me !
    Regards jillyB

• posted by Lucia
    on

Hi,
    For those of you who are not ready to do the complete diet, and are reading crazy people’s blogs and are too shy, or to embarrassed to blog, shall we do something together?

Just for this week, lets try and do two things.
    A. Not eat after your evening meal. So don’t snack whilst you are watching the telly. No tea and toast at 9pm.
    No going to the fridge and grazing. Don’t say I just finish off this piece of pie.

B. Just for this week, eat no sweets, no chocolate no E numbers, no junk to put in your trunk!

This way, after a week, we can then swop the foods you eat, then the week after that reduce your calories.
    Don’t ask me about carbs , as they are sneaky little monsters.

So in a fortnight , you can feel as if you want to join the diet completely.

My pledge?
    I promise to stop eating after my evening meal. To stop eating sweets, chocolate E numbers and junk in between meals.
    You up for it?
    Just work on today, tomorrow is not here yet.

Let’s do it together. Blog me and let me know how you have fot on.
    If you slip up and have say, a sweet, Acknowledge that is is not doing you any good. Draw a line under it and carry on. I don’t say…start again… I say carry on.

The slip ups will be less and less, but they do happen. Read my blogs, I too have slipped up often, but I am here after 8 weeks WANTING to Cary on with this.

Love Lucia
    Xxxx

• posted by Lucia
    on

Okay, are we alone?
    Yes?
    Okay, come closer, I don’t want anyone else to hear, keep your voice down.
    So I undressed and stood in front of the mirror to see if I had lost the blubber, as I turned around, it was like slow motion,.
    I turned then my blubber turned. Then it slowly wobbled back.
    I can remember an expression from my dad ( he passed away in the 80’s)
    He said….
    Must be jelly, jam don’t shake like that!!!!!

So it looks as if I am on this path for a good few weeks more.

Quick, someone’s coming over .

Shhhhh, keep it to yourself…..
    Love Lucia
    Xxxx

• posted by thepolly
    on

Hi jIllyB, look for a company called bare naked, they do noodles and rice alikes that are made from konjac flour (a type of yam) they have no anything in them – actually holland and barrett have them at the moment in their penny sale so you get 2 lots for Β£3 I think.

• posted by Janet1973
    on

Morrisons also sells them for Β£2 a bag. One bag easily does two meals.

• posted by Natalie
    on

Ok, multi-coloured fairy lights it is. Are ones from the Christmas tree ok? But just remember I am from Australia so there maybe a few creepy crawlies stowing away in the box. Someone else can unpack.

I am on the final two weeks of my second round of BSD, I’m not sure if I’ve gone a whole two weeks sticking to it perfectly! I like to make things hard for myself by going off plan then going through carb withdrawal over and over. But this time I can do it! It is my/our wedding anniversary on Thursday and we are going to a tapas restaurant (if you don’t know, for tapas you order several small plates of different things instead of one main meal), I figure there are so many choices of bits and pieces I can find things to eat. I will go over 800 calories for the day I’m sure but I will stick to Med plan. But what about dessert? Hmm, maybe I’ll have crispy pork belly for dessert.

• posted by jillyB
    on

Dear thepolly,

Thank you for your reply but I am Australian and we don’t have those stores here as far as I know. But previously a kind blogger sent me a similar type of pseudo pasta, fettuccine, spaghetti, etc.. I haven’t tried it yet but found it easily, the blogger told me the supermarket, even which section and which shelf ! I am sure they must have been an aussie !

jillyB

• posted by Natalie
    on

Hi JillyB I’m in Australia and I’ve seen konjac pasta in Woolworths, I think brand Slimpasta or something like that. Probably in the “health” aisle with all the low fat extra-processed stuff! I haven’t tried it. I did get a cup noodle thing once with konjac noodles, the whole thing was tasteless and I threw it away. But that is more the fault of the seasoning. It might be ok with a nice sauce.

• posted by jillyB
    on

hi Natalie,

Nice to hear from a fellow aussie. Yes this the one I mentioned on my last post. I purchased this in Woolies and found it with ease, yes, in the health section and the name is Slendier. It has the warning, which I have heard about konjac, drinking water while eating it because it swells up once in your mouth and can choke you !!!….nice !!! Probably why I haven’t tried it yet, also I don’t relish the idea of swilling water while trying to “enjoy” my “pasta”.
    Thanks for the reply.
    jillyB

• posted by Lucia
    on

Hi gang,
    I have been reading blogs and talking to people.
    What I find is, they say I will start when I buy a @@@@@@.
    Eg. I need a pedometer first then I will walk.
    Why?
    Why can’t you walk around the block without knowing its 672 steps?
    Why can’t you walk towards the shops/school/handsome veg guy shop, for say ten minutes and back?
    Why can’t you walk until you need to sit down on a bench, bus stop seat, wall, etc? Then catch your breath and come back?
    The gizmo is not needed to exercise.
    I was doing yoga in my jeans, these were tight and nearly cut me in two, but I just undid the top button and started to knot myself up.
    Now I have difficulty holding my jeans up whilst doing yoga.
    So, because I am still doing it, after 8 weeks, I went to cheap primark and got a couple of leggings.
    I got cheap ones as I am still losing weight and will out-shrink ( or what ever is the opposite to outgrow ) them.
    Then I will go to the more expensive shops and buy stuff that I will wear for years.

I even put cans of baked beans in carrier bags and did cattle or kettle bell exercises with them.

I used a washing line to skip.

So don’t wait for the gizmo, do it right now. Well, maybe not if you are in work, or in a pub reading the blogs, but do it today. You may just love it and lose weight today.
    Go for it

Love Lucia
    Xxx

Please log in or register to post a reply.