Looking for support and people to travel this journey with!

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Lucyjane
    on

Hello,
    I am a 42 year old mum with two small kids. I’m 175cm and just weighed in at 103.6 kilos. I did this earlier in the year for 5 weeks and got down to 97k but have put it back on:-(

I swore last New Years Eve that by Christmas 2016 I would be under 90 kilos so here I am. I have 4 months to get under 90 kilos.

I am not diabetic but clearly have issues with my weight.

My goal is by Christmas to be 87 kilos. Wine is a big problem for me…and when I drink portions creep up so I want to steer clear of it for the next 8 weeks if I have the will power.

I don’t want to spend the next ten years getting fatter and fatter:-( and I want to be in control of my weight!

I did the green tea smoothie this morning ..was ok. filling.

• posted by barnett
    on

Hey Lucyjane
    I too am not diabetic but have issues with my weight. This diet has been a massive learning curve for me personally and I am three weeks in and after a long plateau I am on my way again. This I feel was mostly in part to the support I had from here. I was advised to take it a day at a time and hold my nerve, these being only a small amount of the advise I was given.
    It sounds like you managed a good five weeks before with success which is brilliant. Life can throw all kinds of obstacles at you on a daily basis so keeping a hold over temptation is really tough. I have dodged pizza, chocolate and toast on a daily basis and I usually crumble at every turn on most diets. My key this time has been to document each day even if its only a few words and get prepared with a few go to meals you know you can always rely on. My neighbour is doing this diet with her husband and they like the odd glass of wine. They do have it from time to time but don’t let it rule the diet. They are both doing really well and its becoming a lifestyle rather than a drag. I hope even the smallest amount of my wittering has been helpful .
    Good luck and stay strong.

• posted by Caro
    on

Hi Lucyjane.
    I am on day 5 this morning. Similar situation as you with two young children. One at school the other 1yr old. I’m 40 and figure if i don’t get my weight back now i never will. I don’t have heaps to lose but find it very challenging being around food all day preparing for the kids. Also my dad has many serious complications from diabetes and his dad had it too. Both tofi’s so i know it could be in my future if i don’t do something about my staple foods. I have always loved vegetables yet have crumbled with toast, cereal and chocolate as my go to pick me ups. I don’t find time to exercise with having my little man with me so the most i can do is go for a walk. OH works away so i am a single parent for 2 weeks out of every 3. Thinking of getting a pedometer so i can track just how many steps i do constantly following my son around. Hopefully they add up! Would be happy to keep chatting if it helps.

• posted by Lucyjane
    on

Hi Barnett and Caro, Thanks for the support.

I think I am going to do a modified diet this time round as I need to be on this for months..So I am going to aim for 3 to 4 days a week on 800 calories no alcohol. And 1200 – 1400 calories 3 – 4 days a week with red wine allowed but counted for as I think long term this is more sustainable for me…and follow the principles of low carb, mediterranean eating and see how this goes. I need to change my lifestyle effectively as otherwise I will be on this yo yo cycle. Also aim to do 10000 steps a day plus 2 -3 workouts.

Caro, I use a pedometer on my iphone – its free and usually on my body (in pocket or handbag) so pretty accurate. I think you will be surprised how many steps you do chasing kids..
    Look forward to seeing how we all go..

Gluck!

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Hi Lucyjane
    Well done on taking the decision to act now. It sounds like you had good success before using and so you can again. I’m coming to the end of my second round of eight weeks, with a sort of break of ten weeks between them, for an extend holiday in Turkey. Overall I have dropped 17lb (7.7kg) and am still losing, if rather more slowly than at the beginning.
    Although it was tough at the beginning, the 800 low carb thing has become a habit. I am much more realistic about portion size and find that if I can’t weigh and measure things – e.g. when eating out – I know what I can eat without it being a complete disaster.
    I understand that you are worried about committing to the 800 for 8 weeks, as it seems a daunting thing to do, but it actually very quickly becomes a way of life. Can’t help feeling that if you want to hit your target, you would be better doing 800 cals a day every day if you can, but can I suggest that if you are doing higher cal days, you try to keep your carbs at 50g or less a day, as this will help to stop your blood sugars yo-yoing, causing cravings for carbs.
    As Barnett said, there is heaps of advise and support on here, so do make the most of it and let us all know how you get on and post your results and the encouragement fellow BSDers provide on here will help you to stick with it.

• posted by Lucyjane
    on

Hi Sunnyb, Yes you were right – I am going to commit to the 8 weeks of 800 cal. Wine just seems to derail me. So here I am until the end of October. I really cant bear to face another Aussie summer feeling bloated and fat.

So today I will have a salad with a boiled egg, feta ( 30grm) avocado lettuce salad and a chicken/veg stirfry with cauliflower rice.

I really need to do this and even thinking until the end of November so I can finally shift 10kilos minimum.

Caro, how are you going?

Lucyjane

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Keep us posted on your progress Lucyjane. I have found posting here helps to make me accountable and is also a great source of support and encouragement when the going gets tough. Try swapping out the wine for fizzy water with a twist of fresh lime and try not to think long term, just manage one day at a time and soon the BSD will become a way of life.

• posted by Me
    on

Hi I’m just starting out too, and trying to avoid the booze as it is a big problem for my willpower. I am not prediabetic but just tired and think I am perimenopausal :/. I have committed to the 8 weeks at 800 to try to jump start myself.

• posted by Amandah70
    on

HI I’m on day 2 of the 800 cal, so far so good 🙂 I weighed in yesterday morning at a massive 98 kg which for little 5ft2 body is way too much. I’ve tried all sorts and nothing worked for me, I am premenopausal (I am 45) and have an under active thyroid – oh the joys! Love my food! my dad is a type 2 diabetic and after hearing Dr Moseley on the radio went to his website and did the tests and it said I was destined to become type 2 – I really don’t want that so I am acting now! Good luck everybody, I will be taking each day as it comes 🙂

• posted by Lucyjane
    on

Ok day 2 done. Think I was around 900 cal very low carb and walked 16000 steps. Want to grind my teeth. I think if I can get through the first couple of weeks I’ll be ok…Sunnyb yes I think day by day. What stage are you at now? Gluck Amandah let me know how you go- maybe let’s check in with each other at the end of each day.

• posted by Amandah70
    on

Good thinking!

• posted by Lucyjane
    on

I have woken up feeling inspired. I have just weighed myself and am 103.7kilos. Pretty much exactly where I was the first time round that I started the BSD:-( I don’t learn do I.

Still I had a holiday happen 5 weeks in last time and I am going to try and go to at least the end of October, change my habits and then do 3 x 800 days a week. My goal is to be under 90 kilos by xmas, which is what I promised myself last xmas.

I feel like I have flicked the I can do this switch on though, and find reading through everyone’s posts very helpful and informative.

Today I will have a 2 egg omelette with cottage cheese, ham and zucchini and for dinner a piece of salmon with yoghurt dill dressing and a fennel salad. I will then do an evening yoga class and that will keep me away from late night snacks. I am going to try and do 3 yoga classes a week and average 10,000 steps a day.

I find the afternoons around my children’s snack..cheese, crackers, apples a bit tricky. Not unhealthy but enough to quickly tip me over 800 calories!

How is everyone else doing?

Lucyjane

• posted by Caro
    on

Hi Lucyjane.
    A day at a time. ..as corny as it sounds. ..that is the way i look at it. Otherwise 8 weeks seems massive and i am not even at the end of week 3 yet. Saturdays are my weigh in days. I occasionally jump on the scales during the week but gave up doing it daily as weight goes up and down daily and would get disheartened. So i am happy with down a bit by the end of the week. Still struggle with wanting chocolate. The sweetness of it. But when i have indulged i find i don’t want quite as much as i used to. Little victories. Week2 weigh in was down 2.8kg so shall see what this Saturday brings. Keep going. Even if you don’t always hit 800cals i bet it is a darn sight better than what you were eating. I know it is for me. Caro

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Hey Lucyjane
    Hope things are going okay for you. You certainly seem to have the exercise schedule sorted and are tracking your intake pretty well too. It takes time to get into the swing of things properly, but you will get there.
    I’m mid-point week 10 second time around. I’m down by 17lb at the moment. Struggling a bit to get the next pound off, but I haven’t been as strict as I should have been over the last week or so, with cals sneaking up a bit. Managing to keep the carbs in check pretty much most of the time. I no longer need or want sweet stuff, bread, spuds etc, etc.
    Would like to be down by another 7lb by Christmas, but we are about to go away for almost six weeks, so I’m not banking on losing all of those 7lb by then. Not going to beat myself up if it doesn’t happen, ‘cos I know it will happen at some point.
    Good luck everyone.

• posted by Lucyjane
    on

Ok now on day 4. Down from 103.6 to 102.7 this morning. Long way to go.

Still feeling focused. I just have to stay away from the wine.

This morning I had the green tea smoothie.

Lunch is salad w beetroot/feta/avocado and a boiled egg (all measured)

Dinner a small fillet steak with baked fennel.

And I think I will even have enough for yoghurt with berries and almonds.

Sunnyb well done on the weight loss. I know I wont get the big numbers like some people but would be thrilled with 10 kilos by the end of 8 weeks. Aiming to be under 90kilos by xmas which would put me back in the overweight catagory rather than obese!

What are everyone else’s goals?

Lucyjane.

• posted by Amandah70
    on

I suffered with headache for 2 days seems to be clearing this morning (hopefully)!
    Yesterday I had omelette for breakfast
    Lunch was salad and dinner was the courgette and prawns
    I have a no sugar jelly at hand in the fridge (only 10 cals)
    So far I have lost 1.4 kilos (3 days)
    I would like to be under 90 kilos by the end of the 8 weeks but we will see, my weight goes on quickly but doesn’t like to come off!

• posted by Lucyjane
    on

Hi Amandah, I was wondering how you were going. As Caro said above day by day. We are both aiming to be under 90 k sooner rather than later so lets keep each other on track. Are you in UK or Aus?

Keep drinking lots of water. I am having a good day today – I think it will be the three week point where i falter..

• posted by Amandah70
    on

Hi yes keeping each other on track will be good! I’m in the UK, how about you?
    I’ll be ok as long as the scales keep going down, even if it’s a small amount! As soon as they show a gain (for no reason) I’ll hit the fridge!
    I’m doing hiit training 3 times a week, are you?
    A x

• posted by Lucyjane
    on

Im in Aus.

I’m aiming for 10,000 steps average every day..so some days might do 15,000 and another 8,000etc with a couple of yoga classes thrown in. When I have lost a bit of weight might do some HILT classes.

Stay strong! My worry is I will get bored with it and give up 3 – 4 weeks in. …

• posted by Lucyjane
    on

Day 5 today and not so great. I had horrible restless legs last night and couldn’t get to sleep and then when I finally did the kids work early. 102.2 this morning. A loss I know but I habpve a long way to go and already tired of restrictions. How on earth do people manage a social life on this diet?

• posted by Amandah70
    on

I had a bad day too yesterday! Had to go to London for a meeting which meant was on the go early and then shattered when I got back. I went over 800 and didn’t get enough fluids. I’m still trying to keep in my head that if I have a bad day get up the next morning and start again because my usual Outlook is ” oh I’ve messed up forget it now”. So I’m back on track this morning! We can only do what we can do, let’s have a better day today! We can do this!

• posted by Liro
    on

Hi guys, I would like to join in to keep myself accountable too!
    I am just about to turn 40 next week ( and yes will be splurging that night ha), and have heaps to lose. 115kg and aiming to get to 90kg as first step (that’s a 16 for me and haven’t been that for 10 years since before kids of course. ).

Started on Monday so on day 5. Feeling great and not found difficult. Am finding my fitness pal app to be really helpful. Have been usually around the 900 cal mark cause not ready to give up my coffee and tea yet!

Had the switch flip last week I think when I realised my bday was only two weeks away and I had promised myself I wouldn’t be fat and fourty. I know I am heading for all sorts of health issues and it just dawned on me my dad was 42 when he died of a heart attack ( he had two brothers and his dad same fate in their forties).

Anyway…hi from mum of two in Aussie.

• posted by Nevergiveup
    on

My story is very similar to yours, Lucyjane. I am 43 with children and I started my diet in January. I was super strict and lost 8 kilos in 8 week. It has been a great achievement for me as I have always had problems with my weight. However, I am putting weight back on. I really need some motivation as I feel I am going back to my old habits of eating carbs and sugar. I started with 74 kilos and by week 8 I weighed 66 kilos. I would like to reach my target of 57 kilos by the end of the year. I am 1m 56 cm. I am starting diet again today so wish me luck guys. And never give up!

• posted by Amandah70
    on

Good luck! Youll be fine, I’m only in the first week and I’m struggling- bit of a stressful week on work and kids front but I’m doing my best xx

• posted by shalimar
    on

Hi … i joined this group looking for support as well. Maybe my situation will give you all some scary motivation. I’m 67, single woman from Canada. Retired. Don’t drive. A few weeks ago i had a real scare … i was feeling sooo sick that i felt like i was goiing to die … and i’m NOT ready to do that. My blood sugar was totally out of control … i had been careless and feeling somewhat sick for about a year. My feet and legs hurt ALL the time. I love reading and my eyesight is bad — from diabetes i’m sure … my diabetes had totally reversed me from near sighted to far sighted when i was first diagnosed. A few weeks ago i was so sick i was totally panicked … i got books from the library and ordered a whole bunch of books from amazon.ca … then i got Dr. Mosley’s book from the library … after seeing him on Dr. Oz. The combination has been a turn around for me … started a few weeks ago with just the 12 hour fast per day.
    I guess knowing how bad it can get was motivation for me. 🙂

I’ve been such a couch potato and feeling sick for such a long time …. i’m actually worried that i will succeed and what will i do with all the energy i will have then … as i’m more than a bit of a shy wallflower with lots of social anxiety. But then … perhaps feeling good and looking good will give me more confidence. Good problem to have probably.

• posted by Frog
    on

Hi Shalimar
    welcome to BSD & the forum – sorry to hear that you haven;t been feeling well – that in itself can bring you down & make it difficult to get out and active.
    I’ve no idea how the Canadian health system works, but if you’ve been unwell would it be a good idea to visit your doctor? If you have your blood checked, it will give you a better idea of what you’re dealing with – and be a good marker to measure your progress against.

Hope that the first few weeks of fasting have produced good results – Good luck with it

• posted by shalimar
    on

Hi Frog!
    Just got back from a short walk.

Health care in Canada is free but it is difficult to find a regular doctor in Northern Ontario. We now have a Northern Ontario Medical School and i hope to get a doctor from one of the new graduates soon.
    Can go to walk in clinics but they are not usually very comprehensive. I do have a glucose meter and in panic i made an appointment with Diabetes North, which supplies some support … it’s this Tuesday.

I DO have some tools BUT i have been VERY careless with testing and even taking the Metformin.

I have confidence that i will turn this around.

I did have a really good scare!!! Which is why i found the stories in the 8 week book very encouraging … cause some of those people were worse off than myself.

I think i may have an easier journey than those with husbands/wifes and children. You all have my healing thoughts.

• posted by Lucyjane
    on

Hi shalimir, , liro, nevergiveup, frog, Amandah,
    Welcome to the thread and great we are all here. I keep thinking wouldn’t it be nice to be feeling good about ourselves this Christmas.
    Today after wKing up and feeling terrible was ok. I stayed on track although maybe 850/ 900 calorie. Today down to 101.7 kilos and not even a week in so that is encouraging.

I have found it helps when dealing with kids food to have some vegetable sticks to munch on, and even some sugar free chewing gum which I find a bit groce.

I have been thinking about what has got me here in an effort to stay on track and what did I do differently when I was 25 and 75 kilos. Well no wine. Running around busy. Rarely snacked and ate less.. Of course I have had two kids now, am older, and have always had a tendency to gain weight so with stress this has just ballooned. But it’s time to get on track. When I am 50 my boys will be 15 and 13 and I want to be able to go skiing with them and the beach without them being ashamed.

Shall we check in with each other daily and help each other stay on track. My first goal is to 98.5 kilos in two weeks. I know that is quite a bit nearly three kilos but isn.t that the point of BSD and hopefully that goal,will stop me from going over 800. Morning here in Sydney and I am off to yoga. Will check in at the end of the day and see how everyone is going and hope Amandah sday got better and Shalimar is feeling ready to begin.

• posted by Frog
    on

Hi Shalimar
    Makes the NHS sounds tons better already – I will quickly forget all my winges after I’d seen the diabetes nurse this morning!
    I’m glad that you’ve found some support through the Diabetes organisation, that will be a great start to kick off with on BSD.

I didn’t have any symptoms that I specifically tied in with diabetes, so didn’t take it very seriously and my blood sugar went up to 112 (it’s supposed to be between 20 and 42, and is now sitting happily at 38) – being told that it was too high to be accepted on to a medical trial that was looking at treatment for diabetes was a bit of an eye opener!

Eat well (BSD-well!) over the weekend, and I hope that the appointment on Tuesday is helpful.

• posted by Liro
    on

I think takeout coffees have been a big issue for me…and portion size. I eat pretty well generally like low sugar and hardly any processed foods (except bread) cause my son has to stay off colours and preservatives…so not finding the food a shock….but def less portions and not just reaching for a wrap or bread.

I will try to check in each day too. Feeling good today. Woke up mega hungry however! Pancakes made with green banana flour for brekky with warmed berries and a bit of quark mixed with honey for a cream…mmmmm. I am doing about 900 Cal’s which I am happy with to start with and considering I have so much to lose.

I am working on my gut bacteria at same time after reading a few books on the relationship between depression, obesity and gut bacteria imbalance….hence pro biotics, pre biotics like inulin and green banana flour, and tumeric and magnesium supplements (for sore knees)…..started them about two weeks before this diet and I think they largely responsible in my change in mood to enable me to stick to diet (I am definitely an emotional/stress eater) as I hadn’t changed anything else up to that point.

• posted by shalimar
    on

Good idea Lucyjane!
    I don’t have a scale at home but i weighed 245 pounds last Sunday. I’m getting back to aquabics at my gym and i weigh in there. I’m hoping to join a beginner yoga class tomorrow.
    I actually think my feet/legs are feeling a tad better.
    i will be doing short walks around my neighborhood … getting to know it more. I actually live less then half a kilometre from where i lived as a child … but i haven’t really explored it. Very bad back .. which i think loosing some weight will help … will be increasing my exercise very slowly.
    I am interested in practising Mindfullness to ease stress. I do have some relaxation and meditation Cd’s and stuff which i could be using but i haven’t.

• posted by shalimar
    on

No Yoga class this morning after all … some confusing scheduling at the community centre. But did get a bit of a walk in … and they’re having a big centre jumble sale this p.m. so i may go back. Also might go for a walk and get some good olive oil, etc. at a local Italian deli place.

• posted by Liro
    on

Shalimar, that sounds like a good idea to buy quality ingredients like that olive oil that seem special or indulgent when you cooking your healthy meals.

I did grocery shop yesterday a little bit too close to lunchtime…..but instead of the usual my body went into crave overdrive for fresh seafood and salad greens….came home with a trolley full of greens and salmon and prawns etc and had a gourmet lunch! What’s difference a week makes.

Still waking up very hungry but it’s not bothering me, taking comfort that it must be working.

6 days down and 2.7 kg down to 113.3 this morn. I really think I can stick to this long term. Now just need to get the body moving.

• posted by Lucyjane
    on

Hi team let’s do it!
    So day 6 of 7. Weight slightly up this morning to 101.9 but still down. Made the lamb eggplant last night and used too much salt. Can’t say it was very good.- maybe I over cooked the mince. It was a bit dry.
    My carbs have consistently been under 50 gm this week. I will have a ham and cheese crepe today ( Sunday family tradition) just one, buckets of coffee, and a lentil chicken breast salad for dinner. Less salt. 10,000 steps. Hoping to hit 101.5 and under tomorrow for week 1 weigh in. Week 1 done. Will feel better when I’m writing week 7 done and dusted! Still the weeks do seem to fly by these days so let’s hit week 8 at least 8 kilos down. For me the toughest part is no wine as we love dinner out time with friends etc with wine. Still it’s not for ever but it was time to pull back.
    Liro I am very interested about tp healthy gut bacteria as there seems to be a real link with this and obesity. How is everyone else going?

• posted by shalimar
    on

Liro, Lucyjane … glad you are enJOYing your special meals!!!
    I went and picked out a really expensive Olive Oil and the the owner picked out a much cheaper one!! He should know. I also got a sterling silver spoon ring at the street fair/jumble sale … i’ve been wanting one since i lost my Avon one decades ago … been looking on eBay … so for 20 dollars i even had it fitted for me.
    Had a local tea at Spa for You … and decided to treat myself to a spa item for every 10 pounds i loose … p. s. some of the items are not that expensive.
    Also i joined the community centre for 5 dollars … and see they have some free exercises for seniors and foot care appointments for seniors … also free!!
    The Yoga will cost but i think i would like some good instructions for 6 weeks. Then i can join the yoga or Tai Chi/Chi Gong classes that are free with my gym club membership. I just need to get more fit before i tackle the gym classes.
    No longer walk today but 4 small ones.

• posted by Liro
    on

Well done shalimar on take small steps to look after yourself, amazing what you find when you start looking.
    My small step for today was suggesting to my girlfriend we do a walking catch up instead of sitting at the coffee shop….and NOT getting a takeout coffee to go!

Lucy Jane the book the brain maker by David perlmutter is really good for the gut microbe stuff. I got it on Kindle. Summarises the research which is mind blowing to read that you can’t believe more people don’t know about it, then goes through what foods to eat to feed your gut.

• posted by shalimar
    on

Just went to do aquabics at my gym …. weighed in … LOST my first 10 pounds since last Sunday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• posted by Lucyjane
    on

Well down Shalimar. That’s a n amazing result and one I would love. Unfortunately I seemed destined to be a very slow loser. I have gone from 103.7 to 101.9 this morning, so 1.8 kilos. A bit disappointed as have averaged 30gm carb and 800 and done 10,000 steps a day. Still that is week 1 done and dusted. I guess I just need yo keep going. I have twenty kilos to lose so long way to go.

Today I am lunch out so will have a salad and tonight a minestrone soup.

• posted by shalimar
    on

Never did like Minestrone … maybe i need to make my own. I expect once i start eating i will loose more slowly … but i also expect to exercise way more … mind you my exercise had been zero until recently 🙂 🙂
    I don’t think i can keep up 10 pounds a week …. but i have a lot of clothes i will fit if i can loose another 20!!
    Keep on keeping on!!

• posted by Frog
    on

just make vegetable soup Shalimar – leave out the carby pasta!
    congratulations on the 10lb, that’s a great start!

• posted by Liro
    on

well done everyone.
    And Lucyjane remember if you have less to lose then you will lose slower anyway – do yourself a favour and get 2kg of packages from your kitchen and lift them and see how much it really is! your body will thank you for every bit.

I have done 2.9kg. Started at just over 116kg (although I think i said 115kg as i did not want to acknowledge the extra 1kg that had crept on without me noticing! ha) – today was 113.1.kg.

good news – I was talking to my brother last night and he is starting the diet today to do it with me (he has similar amount to lose).

Bad news – got news last night that my oldest and dearest friend in the world had a stroke – she is only 40 with 4 kids. wont know for a few days the effect but i am flying to Sydney next week to help out for a week. so not sure how the diet will fare but will do my best. Noticed i went straight to the fridge after i got the call…but caught myself and took out a few strawberries and olives instead. Wake up call to look after health so precious.

• posted by Lucyjane
    on

Well done team. Yes I put kidney beans and chickpeas in my soup. Liro, your post has inspired me yo go on. I am 41 and have 2 young children, and there is a history of heart disease, stroke, diabetes in my family. I hope your friend recovers quickly.

On the good news it is 10:30am and I have already done 5000 steps:-) and made my soup for dinner so now off yo lunch with a friend… Salad. Have wonderful days everyone.

• posted by Flowerpot
    on

Hi Lucyjane, i’m just starting my second week too. I did ok in my first week, I had lots of blowouts but ended up 2.5kg down amazingly. I Work shift work so I eat at all odd hours of the day and night. I have huge amounts of stairs to run up and down at work during 12 hour shifts, so I think thats what got me over the line. I’m always bloody exhausted by the end of my shifts tho. I drank lots and lots of water and tea and the odd coffee for a treat. I have noticed that cutting out the sugary part of my diet has made me have to go to the loo sooooo much more for number 2s (sorry about that) Maybe thats where my big weight loss has come from because my belly def feels a bit smaller. I see you’re in Aus and so am I. 😀 Keep up the good work, Lucyjane, no-one ever acheived anything great by not trying and maybe even slipping up, but never giving up.
    Hugsxx

• posted by Lucyjane
    on

Welcome to the thread flowerpot. I actually am quite excited to see where we all are in 8 weeks. Usually I am the one who drops out around week 3 but since I started the thread I can’t really do that can I? Where in Aus are you?
    Great loss for your first week!

• posted by shalimar
    on

Liro, so sorry about your friend with the stroke but great news about your brother!
    Used to disguise my chickpeas … but love them now … add them to everything i can … complete protein.

I will have to check out the carbs etc. on my Clean.the.fridge Chilli. Bit of lean meat, chickpeas and/or other beans, can tomatoes, and any vegetables in the fridge (non starchy of course) and any color peppers! I just have to remember portion control! 🙂

Up at 3:00 a.m. here and know that in Canada i’m way behind the UK and Australia BSDers … so got some great tips and inspiration from all the forms … checking out “Recent posts” etc.

It’s so great to know that even if we’re not loosing pounds we may be loosing inches … AND reducing the fat around the liver and pancreas.

And thanks for the reminder about gut health and especially the supplements for sore knees Liro ………. quote :
    I am working on my gut bacteria at same time after reading a few books on the relationship between depression, obesity and gut bacteria imbalance….hence pro biotics, pre biotics like inulin and green banana flour, and tumeric and magnesium supplements (for sore knees)…..started them about two weeks before this diet and I think they largely responsible in my change in mood to enable me to stick to diet (I am definitely an emotional/stress eater) as I hadn’t changed anything else up to that point. ,,,,,,,, end quote.

• posted by Liro
    on

Soooo….second night in row waking up at 3am….grrr
    Have read it could be blood sugar low that then makes your body produce cortisol and wakes you up.

Might need to start having small protein snack before bed to see if that helps. Which will up calories a tiny bit but am not worried. I still figure anything I am doing now is 1000℅ better than two weeks ago!

• posted by Lucyjane
    on

Ok feeling frustrated which is silly. Yesterday I stayed under at 700 calories, did 12000 steps and a yoga class, drank litres of water and today 101.4k. So silly because in 8 days that is a loss of 2.3 kilos. Just when I read other people losing 5 kilos in the first week feel a bit jealous.

The good news is I am really enjoying the diet. I feel more relaxed and refreshed – a little bit like my old self before kids.

Liro my son woke me at 2:00am from a deep sleep and I was pretty restless. I think it probably takes a while for the body to get used to be on such a calorie cut.

Today I will have an omlette for lunch with cottage cheese and ham and maybe a side of zucchini. Tonight a salad with grilled chicken/avocado.

Lots of long blacks. Just keep going everyone.

• posted by Djillum
    on

Hi Lucyjane, Michael Mosley’s book arrived four days ago and I have read it as well as everbody’ response to your thread. I’m finding it all a bit scary because I was diagnosed with hypercholesteraemia twenty years ago and have been on very low fat, no animal fats and two eggs a week ever since.
    Like many people I am useless at sticking to a diet, but this one does make sense, especially with all the research that Dr Mosley quotes. So I think I will give it a go.

• posted by Liro
    on

Welcome djillum…..if you have other complications I would def seek advice from a doc. This is def not a low fat diet.

Lucy Jane…2kg is still great, and with that plus another kg a week you will be looking at 8 to 10kg in 8 weeks…wow!…..I went to the shops and picked up two 5 kg bags of potatoes today….man I can’t believe I am carrying 6 of those around all the time!…..to have two gone your body is going to feel great.

I went over again today, prob about 1100 due to stress eating….but nothing unhealthy and no carbs so am pretty happy with that level of consciousness. Tough few weeks ahead as I am taking over running my friends business while she in hospital….but determined to stick it out as best I can….big reality check.

Down to 112.3kg this morn. So 3.7kg down for day 8. I am def not one to weigh once a week!

• posted by Lucyjane
    on

I kind of went over today. Ended up having lunch out, Dahl and tofu, some pork/ fennel sausage roll (took the pastry off), and then brown rice crackers and lots of calorific cashew nut dip so skipping dinner and just had Greek yoghurt and blueberries. Def way over calorie but at least good foods. Good luck liro with yr friends business. Well done on 3.6k. I wonder if Amandah is still about.

Please log in or register to post a reply.