Looking for support and people to travel this journey with!

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Amandah70
    on

Hi yes I’m still here, I have been keeping a low profile as was off it over the weekend due to a family party. I started again yesterday morning but didn’t end up having anything to eat until 4.30pm as was busy, started the same way this morning as travelling today so just managed to pick up a low calorie yogurt – I do find if I don’t eat I don’t get hungry! Not sure if that’s healthy or not, I am drinking lots though as so hot yesterday and today xx

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Hi Amandah70 – I tend to eat when hungry too and find that not my appetite is almost non-existent, howeverI do try to have something at least morning and evening, whether I feel a need or not. Dropping cals too low for too long can be counter productive, as it puts the body into starvation mode, so do try to hit the 800 as often as you can .

• posted by Lucyjane
    on

Another disappointing weigh in with no change even though I woke at mid night and couldn’t get back to sleep for hours I was so hungry. Aiming for a better day than yesterday. Gluck everyone.

• posted by Liro
    on

yeah me too – a little bit on. But makes sense I guess. and if you read other threads some people have days with no movement or the wrong way and then suddenly the scales show. Keep it up and you know it will eventually lead there – it cant not!!

had my new fav brekky this morning, poached egg, advocado and smoked salmon – feel like I am eating out every morning.

going to try to cut my coffee/tea with milk to only twice a day and drink more herbals – its pure habit and comfort. I figure baby steps tacking one habit at a time.

• posted by Lucyjane
    on

Hi Liro,

Yes I am not giving up yet and will make sure I come in under 800 today.

I do oddly not mind it too much.

Amandah I have a couple of weekends coming up where I am going to give myself a wine pass! ie a wedding and a weekend away with family. But I will stick to the diet principles and then I am going to make October a perfect month….So I may end up at the end of the 8 weeks with just a 8 kilo loss I guess. I am planning on going through October with 4 x 800 days and 3 x 1600 days so I should get a loss.

Have being doing 10000 steps quite easily.

Chicken and avocado salad

and atlantic salmon and green beans for dinner..

• posted by Lucyjane
    on

Ok this is getting annoying. Weight up this morning to 1.9. I walked over 12 k, 18000 steps yesterday, burning more energy than I ate. Was around 800 calories no problem..And the scales are up. This is getting very frustrating. Also survived work drinks yesterday and knocked back the wine. Humph. Hope everyone else is doing better than me!

• posted by Frog
    on

Knocked back as in “no Thank you, I’m not drinking” or knocked back as in drank it? ๐Ÿ™‚

If you drank it, was it the wine itself that took you calories and weight up?
    Are you sure your scales are fine – weigh yourself several times in quick succession and double check that the result on the scales remain consistent.
    If not that, constipation or time of the month?

With that amount of exercise and 800 calories, gaining weight seems improbable!

• posted by shalimar
    on

Don’t muscles weigh more than fat …. and muscle development improves our shape, right!

• posted by Igorasusual
    on

lucyjane – what are your MEASUREMENTS doing?

Have you measured at the start, and if not, do your clothes feel looser, is your belt a notch tighter, does your face look slimmer? Have you got some target clothes to judge by.

I think the weight gain could be to do with all sorts of things – water, your ‘digestive transit situation’ ( ๐Ÿ˜‰ ), muscles – and also it seems when you are plateauing quite often the visceral fat is going and so your waist is getting thinner.

So test the measurements, can’t emphasise enough. Many people go through this, don’t get discouraged.

If necessary, don’t weigh every day, and just carry on day by day. It WILL work. ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by Lucyjane
    on

Ok this morning was even worst but I suspect I um am a bit clogged up:-(. Not giving up yet. Feel better and less bloated but no major changes yet but it is only day 11.. Monday’s weigh in will be good and I am going to try for it to be a good one.

• posted by Gilliancrantock
    on

Hey Lucy Jane, you’ve taken the first steps on an amazing journey, well done!! I’ve lost two stone (28lb) since May and have dropped from size 16 to a size 8!! I went to a family wedding at the weekend and was met with gasps!

Just think how you will feel at Christmas when you’ve done it!! Keep up the good work, and keep in touch!!

• posted by Liro
    on

Wow Gillian good on you, that’s impressive. You must have just loved going to that family do!

Lucy Jane, something definitely going on with your insides somewhere! Stick with it and I reckon you will see a it soon. Are you feeling good?

I have had two days off for my birthday, so back on deck tomorrow. Must say am looking forward to being back to my new normal eating! Didn’t enjoy any of the naughty food really, nothing I was hanging out for, except for the wine…. surprised by quick change in tastes and desires.

Going to be a tough week ahead emotionally, and am staying away from home so will be a test. Not sure if I will be able to weigh myself either
    ..boo hoo.

Enjoy your weekend
    Xx

• posted by Lucyjane
    on

Um ok not what I was hoping fir this morning. 101.4 down from start of 103.7. Still in two weeks that is 2.3k so not to moan either. How is everyone else going? liro? Amandah? That’s amazing Gillian. Well done. How are you finding not regaining?

• posted by Lucyjane
    on

ok I did 15,000 steps yesterday and under 1000 calories, low carb if not closer to 800 and still no shift in weight. Still I am feeling much better about myself in general…bright eyed and bushy tailed. 101. 4 kilos although I did get a 100.8 reading -my scales are digital and vary a bit but it did keep coming back to 101.4. I AM going to be closer to under 100 by the end of this week and I WILL be under 95 by the end of October.

Today I am going to make sure I am under 800 cal so I will have the green tea smoothie as a late lunch at 3:00 and chicken breast in tomato saffron with green olives and cauliflower rice with yoghurt and berries for desert.

10,000 steps will be taken!.

Liro, Amandah, Flowerpot how are you tracking?

• posted by Lucyjane
    on

ok finally a shift 101.1 today so that is a total of 2.5k. today I am on Week 3 day 3. long way to go:-( so annoyed at myself as I was down to 97 last year after hard work and here i am again:-( Liro did you get back on track?

• posted by Lucyjane
    on

And whoosh. 100.1 this morning. Back in two numbers soon.

• posted by Liro
    on

Well done…two number celebration soon! That’s great.

I am just back home today. Very tough week, funeral and staying away from home.
    So have had about 10 days off. Have put a bit on but not all yay……so starting again tomorrow like its day one. 114.8 kg. Target 100 kg by end of November.

• posted by Liro
    on

Down to 113.8 do that’s a kg in a day and back to where I was after the first week, before the crap festival of the last two weeks.
    So let’s call it day two week two!

• posted by Lucyjane
    on

Hi Liro, Good for you. I had the weekend off for a big celebration. Managed to contain the alcohol drinking and made sure I had lots of water to go with my champagne! Did certainly do over 800 calories on both days of the weekend and of course today weight was back up to 101.00. Still was good today, 10,000 steps and a yoga class and just over 800 calories. Feel a bit hungry though.

I really am feeling quite determined to keep going as I really want to get me weight down back below 90kilos. Lets have a great week. Gluck.

• posted by Cecily
    on

Hi Lucyjane, Liro and everyone.
    I’m on lunchtime of Day One and I admit I’m pretty hungry.
    I can’t clear my cupboards out of carbs as I’ve two teenagers and a 10 year old to keep fed – they are bottomless pits some days. I also earn money baking cakes, which isn’t ideal when dieting!
    I’ve replaces our usual crisps with a brand the kids like and I hate to make it easier not to be tempted and I’ve bought in apples and almonds for emergency snack foods.
    I’ve planned my meals for the week, shopped according to the recipes in the book and have prepared a soup and several meals in advance this morning so I have things to eat when I’m tired and hungry.
    Glad to have others doing the same lifestyle change to talk to on this forum!

• posted by Liro
    on

Your certainly sounding organised Cecily! Good on you.

I was down another kg today, to 112.6. I haven’t got back to tracking on my fitness pal yet, but from wha I learnt from that week have been tracking in my head (amazing what sticks!). So am travelling more towards the 1000 cals a day, and I think cause I have so much to lose that will be ok for now.
    Still not Getting much exercise, so that’s next on the list too.
    Hubby is going away for three weeks tomorrow…..that will actually make everything easier! ๐Ÿ˜‰

• posted by Lucyjane
    on

Hi Cecily, Liro, Shalimar, Amandah and everyone else,
    yesterday was really tough. I really just felt like giving in.
    I just seem to really struggle losing weight. Today I am on week 3 day 3 and am down just slightly over 3 kilos. I have been walking a minimum of 10,000 steps and 2 – 3yoga classes every week. I saw 99.7 last week on the scales but went back to 101.00 after the weekend and today 100.5 ๐Ÿ™ Frustrated by my own behaivour because last year I was around 97 most of the year. It is a long weekend here in Sydney and I am going away with friends and so tempted to pack the red wine, but I know that once I start drinking wine again on a regular basis I stop losing. I’m hoping if I can make it to the weekend of the 22nd without any drinking it will be 7 weeks and I can really give this a shot- 31/2 weeks from now. Then try and do 4 800 days a week and allow a couple of glasses of red on the other days. I think I need to do because I find it quite shocking how much wine is part of my life and has been for too long now.

Yesterday my calories were up a bit so I am going to try and keep to the 800 and see if by the 22nd I can’t get to 94 kilos which is a weight I haven’t been since before kids. And then aim for another 5 by end November. If I don’t do this now I don’t when its going to happen!. But I have this constant voice in my head trying to sabotage me! And I need to watch the mouthfuls of snack and the calorie creep up!

Cecily I find when I am around my kids eating the wrong things I keep a piece of gum in my mouth to avoid eating or have a cup of miso soup to take the edge off.

These forums I find invaluable in helping me to focus again.

Well done on the kilo down Liro!

Best.
    A struggling Lucy Jane.

• posted by Donut
    on

How is everyone going. I’m joining you on day one for me on 29 September. Will follow your guidance. Thanks

• posted by shalimar
    on

Hi Everyone

Lucyjane … The problem with alcohol is not just the calories and carbs … it’s the fact that it affects our judgment … and it’s easy to overindulge when stressed … been there, done that, last week!

I just got my copy of “the” book …. and was rereading the part about stress and it’s affect on the way the body works … so i wouldn’t blame myself, or this diet plan for fluctuations, plateaus, etc. in weight … it’s bound to happen when we’re stressed about something.

My feet hurt so bad today i couldn’t be bothered to cook my healthy veggie soup …. so i had some creamed cottage cheese with a ton of chives, and 2.5 pieces of pickled herring …. then i went to bed!!! Feet still sore so i just sliced up some fresh cucumber … didn’t reach for an unhealthy snack because i don’t have any! ๐Ÿ™‚

I’m personally just aiming for a ballpark … approx. 800 cal. and 50 g. carb. Feet hurt so i am not exercising either … etc.

It’s a process … it is going to have it’s speed bumps.. blaming and worrying isn’t constructive. I expect that some days/weeks will be easy … others not-so-much.

I’m still focused on the plan … but i’m not going to stress myself out if i’m not perfect … which i definitely am not.

• posted by Donut
    on

Hi Lucy Jane . I have been challenging my alcohol consumption for years and have come a long way. I found it best to strengthen my awareness of how the mind works. The undertow is the strongest and hidden reflex. That happens when you’re doing really well and then the undertow drags you into old behaviors when your awareness drops. Yoga is great to strengthen the mind and meditation is also great for me. Hope this helps.

• posted by Liro
    on

Stay strong Lucy Jane. Big hugs to you. Just know if you stick to 800 to 1000 Cal’s it’s just not possible to NOT lose weight. It might be slower or might just suddenly show, but it has to happen.
    I know I fluctuate a load due to time of month etc, so that might be some factor.
    I have not had a good few days and temptation got the better of me…….still better than pre bsd so taking positive in that,…. but stress has definitely weakened me and slipping into take away coffee habit again.
    Just touching base here tonight has strengthened my resolve for tomorrow…so thanks.
    Husband away for three weeks now so that will help control what food comes into the house!

Please log in or register to post a reply.