“KEEPING CARBS AT BAY OVER VALENTINE'S DAY” 4wk challenge ends 20th Feb

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Flick
    on

Morning all, it’s 6.30 am here and that means I am almost at my 36 hour fast goal! Woohoo. I was able to stave off the wave of hunger at dinner time last night. As the experienced fasters say, hunger comes, and importantly goes, in waves and like an annoying thought i could just gently push it away, ignore it. I’m just going to gather up the dog and hoof up some hills. I’ll wait till lunchtime to break the fast.

Funnily enough after my five day stall I woke this morning to a .7kg loss, down to 65.1. This is a typical pattern for me so I’m not sure what role the fast has had. I really hope it is protecting my metabolism more than accelerating weight loss.

Articfox, woohoo for your whoosh and into the 70s 🌟🌟🌟🌟🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻. I always feel nervous about those .9 numbers – far too close to a slight move up, but well worth celebrating nevertheless.

Great start Hollygolightly and welcome to the thread.

Mokovex – congrats on the new low!!

Shanshu, don’t get too discouraged. Week 3 I hardly lost any weight as my body seemed to try to resist. It eventually has to give up if you stick to the plan.

Good on you Butterlover getting back on board!

• posted by Shanshu
    on

It’s bedtime here and I’m feeling a little low. I was good today both calorie and carb wise so I should be happy but I’ve been feeling the cold a lot today and then I had trapped wind all afternoon!!

I also had this plan that I could make sushi using zero rice but it fell apart. Probably just need more practice and a recipe tweak but I was disproportionately disappointed.

Only upside today is that my kefir culture has arrived and is now busy feeding on the whole milk I gave it. I’ve named her Maggie for long-winded reasons. Now I just have to not kill her.

I really hope there’s a downward movement to my weight tomorrow – I need a pick-me-up.

• posted by arcticfox
    on

Shanshu, sorry to hear you are feeling low. Your body is likely going through a bit of shock with the changes that you’ve made.
    Were you trying to make the sushi with the rice on the outside? I’ve never used zero rice (I’m not that big a fan of rice normally so I don’t really miss it) but normal sushi rice is very sticky and that keeps it from falling apart, plus the sugar that is added to the rice to make it stickier. I have had success making a type of ‘sushi’ without any rice at all with the nori on the outside, nori maki style. It could work better this way with zero rice as well. Or you could make temaki which is wrapping the nori into a cone shape around the filling.

• posted by arcticfox
    on

JulesP – I tried the original 5:2 a couple of years ago but couldn’t really manage it as I got too hungry on fast days and was quite miserable. I was doing the fast 800 from up to the end of November, but was starting to feel that as the lower carb WOE was allowing me to feel more satisfied and less hungry that I might be able to try IF again. I did some alternate day fasting in the run up to Christmas, and it was certainly easier being low carb on the feed days, but took 4 weeks off and tried just sticking to BSD principles through early January, as I was exhausted from some personal issues and just wasn’t in the right frame of mind. So I wouldn’t really call myself an expert on fasting by any means at this point. My 41 hour fast was really prompted by a fall and injuring myself and wanting to get back to normal as soon as possible. I was hoping that it might kickstart some healing. Hard to tell at this point if that is the case, as I don’t really know how quickly I would have healed if I hadn’t done it. But anyway, at least it has got me back on track and losing again. So I don’t know about tips, but I was highly motivated to do this fast, my weekend was easy enough to let me do it (I was able to train my horse right at the beginning of the fast and then I had the next day off; I don’t train animals when I am fasting as I find I don’t have as much patience), but busy enough so that I wasn’t thinking about food all the time, and I was in a lot of pain so I didn’t feel like eating much anyway.

• posted by Mokovex
    on

Morning all,

-0.1lb (every little helps!)

Another shivering Brit here 😀

Shanshu – keep going, even if the scales don’t seem to be on your side when you need them, they will eventually! Like others, I hit a plateau weeks 3 -4 (I think???) and was so deeply discouraged. Folk here got me back on track, reminding me this is more than just a number, my health was at stake, and the numbers would come. They were right.

JulesP – Have not considered drinking hot water but going to give it a go.

Well, I didn’t make it through yesterday without sugar, had a large piece of chocolate cake 😩. My main trigger is definitely when I come home, cold and tired. My headaches ramp up a little and my defences come down. I then could eat for England (indeed, most of Europe).

Away this weekend with family so will see how that goes.

x

• posted by JackieM
    on

Reporting a static 58.8kg. Went up to 59.4kg last night, so the 600g represents food before its processed I think and water. Managed an 8hr food window which pleased me, and lots of veg and seeds and less cream (ran out!). Accidentally ate 85% choc instead of 90%, could notice the difference which amazed me (not as nice). Will try and rein that in today.

Ho hum, should be able to extend fast til midday today as have a busy morning let’s see if that helps.

• posted by Shanshu
    on

Arctic fox – I had the nori round the outside and I used a bit of cream cheese to hold the zero rice together. I think the issue was I didn’t have enough zero rice and I didn’t grease the mould. To be fair I’ve never tried to make sushi before so I probably just need to work on my technique.

Mokovex – thank you. I will KOKO, but it is good to come here for encouragement. I know I should be concentrating on NSVs but the big one (my skin clearing up) seems to have backtracked and now my face is really spotty again. Grrr.

And the scales didn’t move a number this morning. Oh well. Maybe tomorrow.

Today I’m wfh and may not have much time for walking. Tonight I’m driving to see a friend. Fortunately she’s letting me cook so I can stay on diet.

• posted by Shanshu
    on

I’ve been trying to do the 8 hour window thing but I struggle to do that with my bf as we eat together but later in the evening than I’d like.

I’m going to try to do the 8 hr window today though which should be possible because I’m eating at my friend’s house.

• posted by Gattina
    on

Hi all

I didn’t get a chance to log in yesterday, so lots of posts to catch up on today. Well done to everyone who’s lost weight – its a great achievement. Those stalling – keep going – there is no way you cannot lose weight on this diet – just give it time. And for the fasters – I’m impressed. I don’t think I could go a whole day without food – I only fast at night.

Natalie – Sidney harbour and opera house sounds amazing – I bet it’s much nicer than grey London 🙂
    Shansu – I’m sorry to hear you’ve been a bit down. Last year I had carb flu about 3 weeks into the diet. I felt cold all the time, tired and headachy, I had no energy. I remember going to the optician and I had to leave because I felt so nauseous. It doesn’t last – my body was just adjusting to the new way of eating and I soon felt much better. Wrap up warm – it is worth battling through.
    Hollygolightly – I’m a carb addicted veggie too! There is nothing better than a big bowl of pasta with loads of cheese… drool… Unlike you I do eat lots of eggs which gives me low carb protein. Otherwise I eat a lot of soya – tofu, endamame (soy beans) and I add seeds and nuts to salads or over yogurt. I’ve also switched to greek yogurt or Skyr because they’re higher in protein. I also like the Linday McCartney veggie sausages (original). They are high in carbs for one meal but I’m careful for the rest of the day so it evens out overall. I do the same with beans and lentils – I’ve reduced the portion size I have for these and I don’t have them so often.

I’m disappointed my blood sugars are not as low as I had hoped. I thought that keeping my carbs low and being more active I would see a more significant drop in the numbers – I’m sure they will get there, I was just hoping for it to be quicker 🙁 On 1st Jan my fasting blood glucose was 15 – it was 6.4 this morning – so I really shouldn’t complain.

All the best everyone
    x

• posted by Shanshu
    on

Gattina – that’s still an impressive drop. I haven’t looked at mine yet to be honest but that’s a really good number (compared to what it was) and as you say I’m sure it will get lower 🙂

• posted by Marsie
    on

Hello everyone, didnt manage to go online at all yesterday … busy, busy, and while it takes some catching up, it’s so nice to see such a busy and sharing thread with new and well-recognised names.

My “blew it” reference on Thursday didn’t show on the scales until this morning and that was 900gms. Not a surprise given yesterday evening was also somewhat “blown”. Australia Day, and we have for years gathered a group of friends at the Riverside home of one of the couples, everybody puts their best dishes on the groaning table and we eat the slow roasted beef or lamb and vegetables and salads before adjourning to watch the fireworks set off from barges on the river in front of Perth city. Then the sweet dishes. I had some. Much smaller portions than in the past, but still, i did have some pavlova, made by the best pavlova maker I’ve met (and I’m a dab hand!) and some mixed berries marinated in Grand Marnier. No alcohol, in a glass anyway, just sparkling mineral water with ice and lemon. This has been my regular drink for a couple of years now – exc a rare glass of bubbles for special occasions.

Being very careful today.

Too many posts to respond individually today, but I’ll try to do better tomorrow. Go well, everybody.

MFODAAT xx

• posted by JulesP
    on

Hi Arcticfox, I started out on 5:2 a couple of years ago as well and didn’t get on with it as well as BSD, the low carb certainly sets us up better for fasting I find. I hope you get good recovery results from your fast. Autophagy is fascinating, I read a lot of Jason Fungs work and IF seems to be the way forward for health. He does recommend mixing it up which is exactly what you seem to be doing so it must be doing you the world of good. Hope you’re feeling better and are able to restart riding very soon.

• posted by Gattina
    on

Hi Marie – your Australia Day celebrations sound amazing. Hope you enjoyed it.

My bg was lower this morning so I’m pleased about that. I’m spending my day learning how to write essays. I recently started an evening class and I haven’t studied for well over 20 years so should be useful

Have a good day everyone
    X

• posted by Izzy
    on

Oh my, I don’t have time to be in here too often and the thread has grown by two pages since I last looked lol. I’m sorry for the messages I miss! I hope everyone is doing ok.

I’ve had a few glitches over the past week – On Tuesday I caved in. I had a counselling session planned (mostly about anxiety) and I think the thought of it just sparked off a gazillion emotions, however I have a plan for next time. Typically I bring no money or means of payment of any kind to work with me so usually even if I feel like I want to give in I can’t. However on counselling day I had brought my card with me to get cash to pay counsellor. SO next time I’m going I’ll get the right amount of money out the night before and bring only that. I’d like to know I was stronger and able to resist but I’m not so for now it’s finding means of control.

I then did they typical ‘start tomorrow’ type nonsense, and then I was meeting with a friend yesterday so had a planned deviation – which is part of my own path to balance. I’m not out all that much in that way – probably only once per month typically so I plan to allow myself anything for those trips. It’s just unfortunate that it was this week lol.

Anyway I also made some observations.

When I STOP eating carbs and get fully into the swing of BSD I don’t immediately notice that I’m feeling any better, but obviously I must do and I see it longer term.

However

When I’ve been doing BSD food and suddenly allow a pile of crap into my digestive system oh my goodness I’m so aware of feeling yuck. Yesterday was fine because I only had a small deviation so my gut seems to handle that fine but Tuesday and wednesday when I was properly off track – well – I was exhausted, my stomach felt awful, my IBS played up (although that could also have been about the counselling) and I had heartburn, and of course the more rubbish I ate, the more rubbish I wanted to eat, which doesn’t help to get back on track when in an emotional whirlpool!

Clearly my body prefers BSD food and as such I will endevour to provide it! I’m back on track!

• posted by Little Annie
    on

Hi all,
    Haven’t been on line at all as doing some decorating to keep me busy while cracking on with BSD. Can’t find my tape measure due to chaos……,not such a bad thing haha!! Did get on scales today down 3lbs way hay. (Have ordered some new ones with BMI, body fat etc even if they read heavier than my current one it’s still a 3lb loss.) Only had time for a quick scan through this very active thread and want to say thank you all for your kind welcome and support. Hopefully I’ll be able to interact a bit more post decorating. Can’t believe I’ve gone 2 weeks without alcohol and hopefully blood test on Monday will show the benefits.

Wishing you all positivity and focus KOKO

• posted by JackieM
    on

100g increase this am, which I hope is just food in transit 😬

Ate late last night, so only managed 12hr gap. Logged food and realised I managed to eat about 1000 calories in 4hrs – no wonder I’ve been static on the scales! 16g carbs so that’s good. Eating again later with family, but a light salad.

Measuring Has definitely helped keep me on track today, I think it will be way forward.

• posted by dory
    on

hi I am new on here and just started today! I did Michael Mosley’s fast a couple of years ago and I am excited to try this! where do I sign up ?sorry ,that I’m a few days late . dory

• posted by Marsie
    on

Welcome to you, dory. No signing up, just post … here or on any other thread that interests you. Those of us on this thread find setting ourselves individual challenges over 4 weeks, rather than 8 weeks, a better time spam. At the end of this 4 weeks someone will dream up a jazzy new title and get a new challenge going. So, set yourself some interim goals, post them, then join the conversations. Good wishes to you.

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

BMI 25.0 this morning, and almost back down to where I’d like to stay, but I know when I step back from this strict reboot my glycogen stores will come back gradually so will keep on keeping on until the end of my planned strict period and will still incorporate my week of planned FMD to give my overall health a boost. I am now a stone lighter than I was two weeks ago, which is very pleasing, and does reinforce that it was mostly water bloat and glycogen sitting heavy on the scales. Wore my size 8 jeans yesterday which further reinforces that my actual shape hasn’t changed, no matter what the scales said.

• posted by ClarinetCathy
    on

MIxnmatch- you’ve worked hard to get a stone off in two weeks- that’s amazing! Size 8 jeans too! Wow.

I have decided to do one extended fast each month and today is the day! I don’t seem to be able to lose the 2lb I put on at Christmas and keep it off so am up and down, up and down . This might help to boost my metabolism. Hopefully if I am able to fast for 36-42 hours I will see my weight back down to less that 133 lb. I’ve fasted before and succeeded but it’s been a while so here’s hoping my resolve is strong today! Got black coffee, a variety of teas and plenty of water to keep me hydrated.

Looking forward to weigh in on Tuesday.

• posted by marie123
    on

Hi dory – it’s always nice to see new people joining – good luck and I’ll look forward to reading how you’re getting on. Any questions just ask – there’s usually someone able to help.

Mixnmatch – what a great result in 2 weeks. How interesting about your shape not changing even though you’ve lost that weight

ClarinetCathy – best of luck with the fast today!

I’ve plateaued so far this week – no weight loss as yet. It’s pretty typical of how it goes for me; I lose over 3-5 days – a 1lb a day – and then plateau for up to 2 weeks (even 3 now and again) so I’m just carrying on.
    Have a good day/evening/night everyone.

• posted by JackieM
    on

Up another 200g, but feel it must still be in transit, as it were.

No food for a good 16 hrs. Broke fast with 2 egg omelette with spinach, courgette, few tomatoes and30g cheddar and lots of salt and pepper (olive oil measured not butter to fry). Pudding of 1 bit of 90% choc and 1teaspoon peanut butter with added flax seeds. Coming in at 435 cals, 7g carbs. Planning on chicken dinner with veg later.

Didn’t have cream in coffee today, going off animal fat a bit, enjoying that whilst I can.

Off to rehearsal, no food I care to snack on there, so will have a good gap before dinner (which husband will cook).

KOKO you’all. Xx

• posted by JulesP
    on

Help! I’ve a dreadful sweet craving, almost succumbed to biscuits I don’t even like (which I occasionally buy for my son and which I’ve never fancied before) but forced myself to put it back in the packet at the last second. Had ham, cheese & nuts instead & cup of tea but still craving sweetness. My usual berries, nuts & Fage isn’t enough, had that earlier, any ideas folks???

• posted by Gattina
    on

Hi all – I hope everyone is doing well today.

Jules – I usually have berries and yogurt if I’m craving something sweet. I hope you’re managing to fight through it – if not then maybe plan to have something sweet tomorrow. A piece of fruit, low calorie hot chocolate, maybe even a biscuit. Then when tomorrow comes – see how you feel. You might not want it then.

Izzy – that sounds like a good strategy to avoid spending money on unhealthy foods. Good luck with it – you know your body feels so much better when you are sticking to the BSD, so try to focus on that when you get that urge to overeat.

LittleAnne – I hope the decorating goes well.

Welcome Dory – this is a really friendly group. I look forward to hearing your updates.

MixnMatch – you’ve done really well. I’m envious of your size 8 jeans

ClarinetCathy – I’m impressed with the fasting. It’s not something I’ve ever tried and I’m not sure I could. If it works for you that’s great.

I’ve had a relaxing day – not done any steps as I’ve been at home all day. But it’s Monday tomorrow and I’ll start pounding the pavement. I weigh myself weekly on a Monday so I’ll report back on how well I’ve done this week.

KOKO

• posted by Esnecca
    on

JulesP, do you have any herbal teas with fennel, liquorice root, vanilla and/or cinammon? All of those flavors read as sweet on the tongue even though they are not sugared, and the water will fill you up. If you can get your hands on some honeybush tea, it has natural sugar alcohols that have no blood sugar impact or calories to speak of and tastes sweet all on its own. I get honeybush leaves in bulk from my local organic food store and then add some chopped up vanilla pods to make my own mixture to my taste, but there are all kinds of bag versions as well. Just check the ingredients to be sure they haven’t not added any fruit and hidden sugars.

• posted by Mariet
    on

I had a big party on Australia Day, which I thoroughly enjoyed even if it means I am still dealing with the aftermath. Good BSD food but too much of it, along with a good amount of champagne. So I don’t think I’ll be posting a loss tomorrow but oh well, the weekend was worth it 🙂

I thought of a 24 hour fas but decided against it- it’s great for those who find it invigorating and useful but it’s not my cup of tea.

Yesterday I put in 3 hours in the garden, which was my excercise for the day. How do the weeds proliferate so much more quickly and tenaciously than the plants I am trying to grow? ANd in case there are any gardeners here, I am growing zucchini (courgette) for the first time since I was a kid. I have three plants that are growing beautifully, they were planted three months ago. Lots of flowers but only one puny little zucchini. What am I doing wrong?

• posted by Flick
    on

Hi Mariet, unless there is something amiss with where you planted the zucchinis (soi, sunlight, water), or they are not being polinated for some reason, I recommend you enjoy the calm before before the storm of zucchinis three healthy plants are about to bestow on you.,

Good luck with the fast ClarinetCathy, let us know how you go.

Weigh for me tomorrow, hoping for an overnight woosh as my bod is doing the usual stop to really enjoy some quality time in the 65kgs!

on

Still fasting everyone! Not eaten since 8 pm on Saturday evening. Feel great- not hungry! Going to eat at lunchtime today so that will be 42 hours. I reckon I could go longer but I don’t think it’s wise. Hopefully I will be now burning fat and I can lose those pesky pounds I put on at Christmas. I want to get my body back to burning fat and I want to lose the hunger I had after Christmas. Will post my weight tomorrow and hopefully I will be reporting a loss! Have a good day everyone!

• posted by JulesP
    on

Thanks very much for the suggestions Gattina & Esnecca, I made it through with nuts and 100% hot cocoa and will get some of the teas you suggested. It’s a first for me though, putting the biscuit back, recently I’d have curled up in front of the TV with the whole pack. Lucky they were ones I don’t usually fancy. Just shows how incredibly strong sugar addiction is.

• posted by JulesP
    on

Well done on the long fast Clarinet Cathy! Sounds like you’re enjoying it and will hopefully reap the rewards. I’m hoping to do a longer than 24 hours one this month, recently got back into regular one meal a day and feel so much better already.

• posted by Gattina
    on

Good morning everyone – or good evening for those of you on the other side of the world.
    Esnecca – you are a font of knowledge. Your posts are always full of good advice and suggestions. I would never have thought of tea to satisfy a sweet craving and I will try those myself.

Mariet – I hope you enjoy your zucchinis when they grow. There is something very satisfying about picking your own home grown vegetables. My father used to have a small vegetable patch in his garden – he grew mostly tomatoes – which isn’t easy in the British climate – but they were the sweetest, loveliest tomatoes you can imagine.

I’m feeling pretty pleased with myself this morning. My blood glucose was down to 5.1 fasting – which is in the ‘normal’ range and I have lost 4 lbs since last week 🙂 In total I’ve lost 1 stone, 4.5 lbs (about 8 kg). Hopefully I will have lost 2 stones by the end of this challenge.
    This is only a drop in the ocean for me – I have a very long way to go but it is one step closer. I was even brave enough to wear a skirt today – I usually hide in stretchy trousers and baggy tops.

Have a good day everyone – ciao for now

• posted by Shanshu
    on

Hi all,

I thought the thread was really quiet but turns out I’d turned off notifications! So I have a lot of reading to do. I’ll go back to that when I’m travelling to a meeting later but in the meantime my weekend went well and the scales have started to move again. Hopefully I’ll have a reasonable loss to report tomorrow provided nothing goes wrong.

Our kefir turned out lovely – it was delicious so still making that and have managed to keep on or near to 800 with less than 30g carbs each day. Hopefully today isn’t the day I break my being good streak.

Hope you’re all ok – I’ll catch up with the thread soon.

• posted by marie123
    on

Gattina – really good all-round news there. Keep On Keeping On

• posted by Flick
    on

Morning all,

So it’s Tuesday here in Australia, so my weigh in day and the end of Week 1 of this challenge (Week 11 overall for me). The scales have been driving me nuts this week with the usual stops to smell the roses and confirm that ‘yes we really do actually want to lose weight’ that my body seems to require before giving up some apparently precious grams of flab.

Starting Weight 65.8
    Week 1 65.1 = -0.7

Not too shabby but this is the fifth morning at 65.1kg! I also added a target of completing a couple of 36 hour fasts into this challenge period and am very happy that I did manage a 41 hours fast in this first week. Luckily I am incorporating fasts as a metabolism protecting strategy and not for boosting weight loss (I’m already low carb so can’t reasonably expect a sudden whoosh effect from fasting) otherwise I would be be very, very disappointed.

Good luck to everyone else. Know that I’m cheering you on.

Mialin, I’m wondering how you are getting on. Send you lots of good wishes.

• posted by Marsie
    on

Good morning all, from sunny/windy Perth, W.A.

Started this challenge at 61.9kg. My graph looks like a mountain range … Back up into the 62s, wobbled around a bit there but down again in time for this morning = 61.7kg, 200 gm loss for week 1.

I’m trying to NOT weigh and measure everything. I was feeling quite “weighed down” (pun mostly intended) by the process and not meeting my goals anyway, so we’ll see how I go. There may come a time when I need to revise. I’ll keep an eye on it.

I’m with flick, would love to know how Milalin is getting on after Thursday’s major surgery. Lots of good wishes there.

Flick, well done on your week, especially given your back issues👏👏

Looking forward to seeing lots of positive end-of-week-1 weigh-ins.

MFODAAT 🙆xx

• posted by Mokovex
    on

Morning all,

start weight = 128.1lb
    Today = 127.8lb

loss -0.3lb

I am happy with this as it doesn’t show a week of loss and then a weekend of gain. We had a family get together to remember my brother in law who died suddenly (on his honeymoon) 10 years ago. As it was a large group of us, we all shared the cooking and so I wasn’t too particular but I did avoid breakfast in order to mitigate the damage.

Hoping for a good weigh in for you all today,

x

• posted by Mariet
    on

Checking in to be accountable though I’d really rather not.

700g up this week but at least I know it’s my own fault which feels better than being at the mercy of my body’s whims.

I’ll try harder this week 🤞

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

6.8 pounds down since the start of this challenge, and the trend is at last moving in the right direction. I have been pretty focused apart from an accidental overdose on peanut butter on Sunday, it was supposed to be two teaspoons but somehow the rest of the jar disappeared. This has set back my weight loss for the last couple of days, but I am back in control now. BMI now 25.1 so looking forward to hitting a couple of mini-goals this week with maybe an under 11 stone reading, a healthy weight/under BMI 25 reading, and who knows? maybe getting to target again before the end of the challenge. Only 5 pounds away now.

• posted by Busybee
    on

Good morning one and all.
    In spite of all that’s been going on here, I have managed to lose 7lbs this week. I have been recording my food intake again, though have not always kept to 800 cals, and have tried to keep off the red wine though have had the odd one or two gin and slimline tonic.
    Off down the M6 etc to visit confused elderly aunt on Thursday and then to Shropshire on Sunday for a couple of nights for the postponed trip when our friend died. This next week will be hard!
    MOODAAT.
    X B

on

Am pleased to report a 1lb loss this week. My 40 hour fast worked! Am aiming for another pound this week. Well done to those with some some big losses this week! I’m not finding it easy whilst it’s so cold. Good luck everyone.

• posted by Shanshu
    on

I didn’t get around to reading people’s posts and won’t for a bit at this rate as at work. I had an unexpected A&E trip (severe chest pain and heart racing) but turned out to be a false alarm and caused by a muscle they think. Very scary all the same. On the plus side they said my blood sugars were good/normal.

In the evening I fell off the wagon a bit in that I had a mixed kebab. So the calories were probably ridiculously high. I didn’t eat it all and I didn’t eat the bread but it still had some mayo on it though so I hate to think what that did to the carbs/calorie count. NOT the best way to go in to the first week weigh-in as I’ve put 1.4lb since yesterday.

However overall for the week is -5lbs from my Tuesday start weight. Which given that the first part it didn’t move at all and I put on weight this morning is still something I am very happy with.

My target for next week is to lose another 3lb and hopefully more.

I will try to get on later and view what everyone else has been up to.

• posted by Shanshu
    on

Oh and I am no longer morbidly obese!!! I am now officially severely obese. So this feels like a victory of sorts.

• posted by marie123
    on

Mixnmatch and Busybee – brilliant weight losses for this week. Hurray!
    Hope you enjoy the stay in Shropshire, Busybee.

My weight loss this week is 0lbs (or translated, 0.kgs!). When I posted a few days ago I mentioned, bit like yourself Flick (btw, great NSV’s on another post), this is pretty typical for me. Lose a few lbs then plateau for up to two weeks. This is true.

However, if I’m honest this week’s stall is much more likely because I’ve not been ‘on it’ this week. I’ve done the opposite of Mixnmatch and Busybee – I’ve not been weighing as much or recording some of my food – just not been focused. Bizarrely, I think it’s because I hit a big goal last week. Aargh!!

At least, like you say, Mariet, I know where I’m going wrong and it’s fixable. The positives are I’m still 9st 11lb (62.1 kgs), so still at the top of my healthy BMI, and there is a whole new week untouched in which to begin again.

Marsie – good luck with the new approach.

Hope everyone else has some great results to report – whether weight or other victories.

• posted by marie123
    on

ClarinetCathy – Good to hear about the success of the Fast

Shanshu – another great weight loss and congrats on moving down into the lower BMI category – always a great target to hit. Take care.

• posted by Gattina
    on

Hi everyone
    Some great weight losses being reported. Busybee and Mixnmatch – that is very impressive.
    Well done Shansu – good to be going down the bmi category – what is the difference between severely and morbidly?

There’s a glimpse of sun here in London – so I’m off to walk around the park and get some vitamin D.
    catch up soon…

• posted by Marsie
    on

Shanshu, what a scare you’ve had, pleased for you that it was a false alarm and not the worst news. And you’ve had some good news following that with your blood levels and positive change in obesity category. Keep going … small steps can lead to great victories. Take care of yourself.

Reward for effort, Mixnmatch, ClarinetCathy, Mokovex and Busybee. Terrific results.

Busybee, I hope you can relax on your weekend away. Thinking of your friend, of course, but also, look after yourselves.

Hang in there, Mariet, hang in. You’ll find the key again. Hugs.

Thanks Marie, we’ll see how it goes. You obviously know your patterns, how you lose then plateau, so you will soon see the next loss, I’m sure.

MFODAAT. Good focus everyone.

• posted by arcticfox
    on

Hi everyone, I’m holding steady at 1.8 kg lost this week. It was 2kg lost on Friday, but I’ve been having some transit issues since then which is likely responsible for the 200g gain. Hopefully I will register more loss once that is resolved. I’ve successfully managed to increase my fibre intake, but I haven’t been doing very well with my water intake, so I think that is the issue. I’m almost 1/2 way to my target for the 4 weeks, so very encouraged after such a long plateau.
    I hadn’t had any eggs over the weekend and yesterday for the first time in my life I found myself craving them! I think the one piece of fruit and no artificial sweeteners or chocolate is having an effect already on changing my tastes. I had some snap peas yesterday and they tasted very sweet.
    I haven’t had time to do more than just scan the posts, but it looks like many are registering some good losses for the week and others are at least holding steady. KOKO!

• posted by JulesP
    on

Hi all, well done on the losses and maintains and those who gained a bit just KOKO.
    I’ve made some inroad into the 5lbs I gained in my 10 day blow out – 3lbs off for me this week. All came off during first two days then I’ve stayed the same weight last 5 days, like some of you this is also normal for me, in spite of being 100% on BSD, I tend to be a very slow loser.
    Well done Marie123 on keeping at your lowest.
    Shanshu, glad to hear you’re okay and fabulous about new BMI category, major achievement.
    Milalin, really looking forward to hearing from you, sending positive vibes xxx

• posted by alliecat
    on

Congratulations to all that are registering losses for the week.
    Patience to all that are not happy with their results. It WILL come
    right in the end 🙂

Milalin, we’re all thinking of you, and look forward to hearing
    from you when you’ve regained your strength and are up to
    posting. Treat yourself well,

Allie

• posted by Izzy
    on

well done to all for the victories big or small so far. I’ll be weighing on weds.

But for now, I’d forgotten just how cold I feel when I’m losing weight.

I’m

just

sooooo

cooollllldddd!

Please log in or register to post a reply.