Judicious July: Just starting over!

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by alliecat
    on

Jennie, I am so very impressed with your commitment to an exercise program. Have you noticed that you’re feeling
    better, stronger in other areas of your life? I need to stop using the hot and humid summer weather in New England
    as an excuse, and take a page out of your book!

I’m very much looking forward to sixturkey’s new thread, and I see others are excited too! Thursday it is, kids. 🙂
    I learned a valuable lesson this month, which is not to get sloppy about the weekly weigh ins! I had become overly confident (never a good thing!), so have pulled myself back to target weight. Goals for August will be to re-establish my wiggle
    room 🙂

I’ll be waiting for the new thread..See you all there!

• posted by wendleg
    on

WELL DONE Allie for getting back to target weight so quickly !!!!!! What an absolute inspiration you are !! As soon as you saw there was ( an albeit slight trend upward ) you knew exactly what to do to bring yourself back to where you were . You have been maintaining for so long ..That for me is the ultimate challenge and you have succeeded magnificently.
    I will certainly never be looking back when I reach an acceptable target. I will not be posting on yet another January , motivated and hoping this will be the year I finally sort my weight issues, only to fall back into my old ways come February !

Commitment and determination are the keys to this WOE. You have both in spades, and you generously continue to support and advise others so they too can be where you are….because you know exactly how this WOE works.It’s about mindset, I am convinced of that. Thank you for your contribution Allie . You noticed me early on and reached out to me, answering all my queries because I really did not have the confidence to get it right without help .

I will see you on the August thread when we will all be Attentively Awesome !!!

• posted by Kafin13
    on

Wow, Allie – that’s awesome!
    Jennie – I’m impressed as well. Elky and I started doing the Ted Naiman workout and I have to say it’s fallen by the wayside for me. Have had some dizziness issues but once sorted, I’m going to follow your example and get back on it.
    Luciaslife – I think 10lbs is earth shattering, I would love even 5lbs so congrats! Same to Chunkyd as well 😊
    6T – here’s one of the articles about the movie, seems like it’s out there in the news so as long as I’m not leaking the script, I think I’m ok! I also have a cafe to prep and dress, an Italian restaurant, a fancy soiree with canapes and full bar, backyard BBQ up in the Hollywood Hills and a couple of office scenes – coffee and the life. https://deadline.com/2019/07/luke-bracey-olivia-munn-violet-justine-bateman-1202647890/ Written and directed by Justine Bateman (for those of us that remember Family Ties from a long time ago!)
    I noticed a few people posting their August goals which I think is a great idea and I plan to do that once the new thread is up. Not to get down on myself if I don’t meet them but sometimes it’s good to state your intentions out loud and put them out their in the ether 🙏🦄

• posted by Elky
    on

Hello all, just checking in to close out the month and report back.

Congratulations to everyone who played along this month: gain, lose or stay the same, I think sticking with it is a win in itself.

I achieved my weight goal, which was to discard 2.5kg (5.5lb). In fact I managed 3.85kg (8.4lb) which I am more than mildly chuffed about 😊 With the exception of a long-planned two day period, I think I was pretty Judicious in July when it came to what went in my mouth. (I write totals down each day.)

As Kafin flagged, she and I also had exercise goals which, alas, I did not stick to either. (I write all that down too.) Worse still, towards the end of the month I seem to have stopped doing my medically recommended Achilles tendon exercises… and now my Achilles is getting sore again. Coincidence? Yes, I don’t think so either. I’m guessing you all know what my August goals will be!

Anyway, shall pop over to the August thread to sign up for the next month – I really do think this is a great idea, thank you so much for thinking of it Verano.

Cheers, Elky

• posted by Verano
    on

Looking back to July 1st and my commitments…. I failed! Well done to all who had a ‘judicious July’ and for those who didn’t , no problem, tomorrow we have a new month August, and a new thread so time to make a new commitment. See you on the new thread.

• posted by Verano
    on

Violinist ….. are you still with us as we say goodbye to July?
    Hope all is well with you. Do keep in touch.

• posted by Violinist
    on

Verrrrrraaaaannnnoooo!!!! I am sorry I am so behind in reading posts. What the heck has happened?? You have sad outcomes coming?? Wendleg’s hubby took a spill?? Cathy? I have to catch up.

In answer to your question, ABSOLUTELY I AM STILL HERE!! Just winding up orchestra, some volunteer stuff and firing our builders and hiring another to finish – so additional lawyer required! AARRGGGH!

• posted by Violinist
    on

Struggles include lowering calories, increasing fat.
    Positives are trying all sorts of yummy keto recipes and lots of swimming and walking. Just unearthed my hand weights and they seem heavy again.
    I am just all over the place in July..
    I am absolutely here in August, it’s just that you guys are hard to keep up with and that egg challenge, oh my!

• posted by Gaga4Shoes
    on

Hey everyone I have been off the grid struggling with trying to keep up with the WOE. I have learned a lot from everyone in this forum. I am good with the exercising bit but I am bad when it comes to sweets. This is where I fail and I FAILED badly. I don’t care about anything else just the sweets. Everyday I tell myself no I won’t have it. Then what do I do. I would end up having those desserts. So, now I realize that when I do bake, if I do not make it with my gluten free flour then I can’t eat it. When I do use the gluten free flour, I’ll tell myself just one tiny slice. One tiny slice adds up to a whole cake over the week. Guilty of this in a big way. So I do need to have self control – a very big problem.

Congratulations to all who have managed to make this month truly JUDICIOUS. Thank you all for the guidance. I do need to check what sixturkey’s new thread is all about. Yes, commitment and determination indeed wendleg!! I need to find enough strength, courage and determination to help me develop this WOE!.

• posted by JGwen
    on

Hi folks, I had to go back to my first post on this thread to work out what my initial aims were. – So you can guess that I didn’t follow them. – I was aiming to include regular 36 to 42 hour fasts 3 times a week. – But it just didn’t work with my lifestyle and the weather. I tend to do a weekly shop, simply because of the amount of time (and fuel) it takes to drive to the shops. I found with the good weather I was working outdoors every day and when I got into the house if there was food in the fridge then I would eat.

Something Dr Bikman said in a podcast I watched during the month struck a chord with me. – If you are in ketosis you are in the fasting state. When I thought about it, if I was in ketosis, and if I worked out the calories burnt each day against the calories eaten I was probably still in a similar deficit as someone doing an office job and fasting.

The scales have fluctuated over the last month, a couple of days ago I was down 2.6kg from the start point of the month. Today, thats back up to just a 0.5kg drop from the start point of the month. But my spare tyre is more squiggy / foldable again. I have discarded another inch from my waist and I am feeling more full of energy again.

I do have another positive to report. – A group of contacts that I see at a fortnightly event have been following S-W protocol. – One in particular has been telling me repeatedly that I am wrong, if I went over to S-W system I could have my daily curlyworly (Allie thats a traditional chocolate bar), and join them every friday (the day after they weigh in day which is a free day) on their fish and chip supper. Surprise surprise, they are all loosing and gaining the same few lbs. In the last month 2 of them have come up to me to ask what I do that is different to what they are doing because I am obviously continuing to loose weight. – They are not ready to give up their carbs yet, but lets see how things go.

• posted by SueBlue
    on

I haven’t been on here as much as I had planned to when I joined this thread.
    I’ve had a very up and down month with close family members being unwell and in hospital, my own health issues and the sad death of a colleague. I also had an unplanned short family holiday.
    Anyway the upshot is that I did manage to lose 1.2kg during July so not all bad! I’ll join you all in the August thread so I can KOKO.

• posted by 7babies
    on

I have been overwhelmingly busy but have managed despite award dinners and day trips I have held my weightloss steady. Let Aware August (or whatever) begin.

• posted by Elky
    on

Oh my stars, JGwen, I had no idea what the S-W protocol is (I don’t think we have that in Australia) so I googled it and … yep, I surely do see why you said “surprise surprise” your friends are just hovering in place. Goodness!!

And, another inch gone from your waist!! That’s amazing in just a month, huge congratulations. You are proving that point you always tell me about not obsessing over the scales 🙂

Cheers, Elky

Please log in or register to post a reply.