Jive to July

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by ClarinetCathy
    on

Hello everyone
    I feel I have had a great start to our jive to July – the time just feels right for me after a rubbish start to 2021. The thread is lively and we are all very focused on the task ahead. The first three days are always the worst for me. I was in ketosis yesterday and I feel that I am well on the way to making the next three months really count. Hopefully, we are moving towards the end of lockdown here in the UK; the North West where I live seems to have been locked down for a very, very long time and I hope there are brighter times ahead. I listed a few lovely summer clothes for sale on eBay a few weeks ago as they were too tight to wear but I’ve taken them off today in the full knowledge that I’ll be fitting back into them by July! I also tried some of my summer items on just to gauge how they’ll look and I know that by the time I will be wearing them I will be at least 10lb lighter so they’ll look good. How is that for optimism! There was no Friday night treat for me last night. I usually sit down with a large G&T and a packet of crisps and/or nuts on a Friday night. Instead, I had a large glass of sparkling water. Today it will be a coffee shake for lunch and I’ll make the Halloumi bake from the Fast 800 recipe book for my evening meal – I haven’t eaten any cheese all week so that will be a lovely treat. I am excited to see what I weigh on Tuesday.

Let’s keep going one day at a time, one meal at a time and let’s to do our best every day. I am committed to trying hard to lose 4lb a month for the next three months.
    Have a good weekend everyone.

Cathy

• posted by Mariet
    on

Hi everyone, I hope you’ve had a good weekend! Like CC I’m feeing very good, I’ve had a great start to the dance off 🙂
    for the first time this year, I have started Monday at a lighter weight than I was on Friday. It’s a great feeling because weekends are my downfall. I’ve just checked on the blood monitor and I am still firmly in ketosis and though always slow to discard weight I’m down 1.5lb which is making me happy as well.
    Looking forwadrd to seeing how veryone is going.

• posted by SueBlue
    on

Well done Mariet, sounds like you are off to a great start 🙂
    My weigh in day is a Friday, and when I weighed myself last Friday I had put on 1/2kg since the week before – no surprises there as I had indulged over Easter. I weighed again this morning and was surprised to see I had lost 700g over the weekend, so feel like I’m back on track. I’m now at my lowest weight in over 2.5 years.
    I’ve been walking 4-5km each morning with my youngest daughter and am really enjoying that. My eating has been a bit off plan but I’ve been keeping calories low. I’m back on plan today though, Pear & Cinammon porridge for breakfast, mushroom soup for lunch and bolognaise with Slendier soy bean spaghetti for dinner. I love the Slendier spaghetti, it’s low calorie, low carb and makes a change from zucchini noodles which I usually have.
    Hope everyone had a good weekend, it was sad to hear of Prince Philip’s passing, although 99 is a good innings,
    I do feel for the Queen, it would be hard to lose a partner after so long together.

on

Mariet- great to see your happy news this morning. The dance off is doing it’s thing! Well done on losing 1.5 lb.

I will weigh myself tomorrow to see if I’ve lost anything. I weighed before my Easter chocolate Orange and hot cross bun debacle so I don’t have an accurate first day of the new journey for comparison but as long as I see some Reduction from my last weigh in I will be more than happy. Week 2 begins tomorrow for me and it’s a shake for lunch today and something low carb for teatime. I didn’t do a shake yesterday,I finished off the Halloumi bake at lunchtime – I thought it might be good to mix things up a bit.

SueBlue- well done on your morning walking regime- that’s a great start to each day and will definitely have an impact on your weight loss. How fantastic to be at your lowest weight for two years. I am going to look at my two yearly stats so that I can plot what my lowest weight needs to be – something to work towards. A great idea.

Have a great week everyone. Week 2 of our Jive to July – will be great to see how everyone has done. I’ll post my weight tomorrow and hope I’m on my way to losing 4lb during April.

on

Just checked through my stats and my lightest weight since April 2019 is 140 lb which was in May 2019 when it all started to go in the wrong direction so that is my first goal – to be my lightest since then. SueBlue it has highlighted to me what an amazing achievement you have accomplished, to be lighter than you have been in the last two years! Well done you! That’s a fantastic achievement especially during a global pandemic! My lightest weight was in 2017 when I achieved 130 lb! I won’t be seeing that again but I would like to see 135 lb! I can dream!

• posted by ADD6605
    on

Hi all,haven’t got full swing into my jive yet but have been swaying gently all week and have a 1 and a half pound loss.Have lost 2 inches of bloat off my waist which I’m pleased with.I know that is water but eventually it will hopefully be fat🤞DD has week of tests at school (GCSE’s cancelled but still 3 weeks of tests over next 7 weeks so just as stressful as if they hadn’t been cancelled! ) so tensions may be high but I will try my best not to turn to unhealthy food to get through it😇 DH on holiday from work for rest of this week so we will hopefully get some nice long walks in.Jive on everyone😀 Dawn X

on

Morning Jivers

Well done Dawn on your loss and you’re not even into full swing yet! That is a fantastic swaying loss!!
    Weighed myself this morning and my weight was 148.2 lb which means a loss of 1.4 lb since 1st April when I last got weighed. Slightly disappointed, can’t lie! I have been doing 800 calories since last Tuesday so had expected to be 146 or thereabouts. I was hoping to lose 4lb per month but it doesn’t look as though that will be a possibility. Anyhow, I won’t reduce my food any further for the sake of nutrition so it is what it is. I will continue with the shakes for lunch until the end of April and then reassess to see what the plan will be for May.

Looking forward to seeing how everyone else has done this week.

Keeeeeeeep jiving!

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Hello fellow Jivers!
    CCATHY,hope your hard work will be rewarded next time you weigh in X
    SUEBLUE thats marvellous,lowest weight in over 2 years! And well done with the walking! X
    Having a lovely day today,had my hair cut,looked in shop windows,and was super excited to be out!
    DAWN,Im not in full swing yet either…Struggling a bit with 800 cals,finding Im a bit hungry, and today went off the deep end and bought biscuits!( brushes crumbs off face)
    I couldnt resist the temptation,I was dizzy with the excitement of entering a supermarket,having had mainly deliveries for the past 13 months..
    Well ,at least Ive confessed, but any more of this rashness and I’ll have to get out the wet lettuce and give self a jolly good smacking round the chops.
    MARIET well done for doing so well (weekends are difficult,I always somehow feel I deserve treats on Sat/ Sunday) and for staying in ketosis 👏🏽👏🏽👏🏽👏🏽
    Keep dancing round your handbags girls!No treading on each others toes! X

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Jokes for you Jivers! Just received from a friend in Oz! Use up some calories exercising your chuckle muscles!
    A SHOE REPAIR STORE IN VANCOUVER THAT READ:
    “We will heel you, We will save your sole, We will even dye for you.”

AT AN OPTOMETRIST’S OFFICE:
    “If you don’t see what you’re looking for, you’ve come to the right place.”

ON A PLUMBER’S TRUCK:
    “We repair what your husband fixed.”

On an Electrician’s truck:
    “Let us remove your shorts.”

On another Plumber’s truck:
    “Don’t sleep with a drip. Call your plumber.”

At a Car Dealership:
    “The best way to get back on your feet – miss a car payment.”

Outside a Muffler Shop:
    “No appointment necessary. We hear you coming.”

In a Veterinarian’s waiting room:
    “Be back in 5 minutes. Sit… Stay..”

At the Electric Company:
    “We would be delighted if you send in your payment on time.
    However, if you don’t, YOU will be de-lighted.

In the front yard of a Funeral Home:
    “Drive carefully. We’ll wait.”

In a Chicago Radiator Shop:
    “Best place in town to take a leak.”

Sign on the back of a Septic Tank Truck:
    “Caution – This truck is full of Political Promises.”

• posted by Mariet
    on

Thanks Yowser, a giggle never goes astray 😁

Well, my first full week is done and I’m thrilled with a total of 1kg! It’s a while since I’ve been able to post that. Still well into ketosis, hitting my activity goal, it’s all systems go at the moment. Hoping that it lasts!
    Last weekend I got out of all social engagements so I wouldn’t be tempted and it worked but this weekend I have things on that I can’t get out of so wish me luck.
    CC, Don’t be disappointed, downward trends are to be celebrated. My first goal is to be where I was a year ago, 5kg away. If I can get there while we jive to July I’ll be celebrating like mad!
    You in the UK must be savouring your restrictions lifting, enjoy getting out and about. You’ve been through so much, you deserve to revel in the moment.

on

Hello Jivers

Well done Mariet- so lovely to see your positive post – 1kg down is superb. It will give you the confidence and motivation to see off another pesky kg! What did you do differently this week to achieve such a good loss? I read that to lose 1lb per week we have to restrict our TDEE by 500 calories a day. I have been on 800 calories for the last week and I guess that’s about right.

Yowser, thank you for the jokes to keep us laughing along the way. Really enjoyed them.

I didn’t fancy another shake for lunch today so had an egg salad and some yoghurt and raspberries. I’ve been struggling to eat/drink 500 ml Huel at lunchtime so may make just half ie one scoop 250 ml in future. I got lumps yesterday which put me off a bit too!! Ewwww!

I am still feeling positive and hope to achieve 146 lb by Tuesday. I want to see a definitive pound loss week on week! Is that too much to ask? I am finding it so hard. I am trying my elusive white jeans on week by week in conjunction with weighing and hopefully, one of these days, they’ll be on, zipped up, sat down in and I won’t have a handful of fat spilling over the waistband!

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Hi everyone, so happy to find you all rocking and jiving and in good spirits. I too am okay despite a couple of set backs in my diet and life in general (car trouble for one) and covid blues but I should be grateful I havent been touched by it, just get down sometimes especially now we are back in lockdown.

We are meeting the staff from a restaurant half way between our home and their place so we can collect a 1* Michelin meal for our wedding anniversary tomorrow so that will perk us up a bit and the diet will be forgotten for a short time. Wanted to lose 3kg by then but have lost 2kg so I am still winning after a stupid error on my part.

Just a small aside which might amuse some. Okay, I am hanging our my smalls and there are loads as I havent done a light wash for nearly 2 weeks – I was bogged down with bedding, darks and then rain so didnt get round to it. I decided to count the pants as there were so many. I then decided to count those still in the draw. Okay, 14 on line 1 pair on and 44 pairs in draw. Thats 59 pairs of knicks and some are still in their original packaging from M&S nearly 2 years ago and found 3 pairs of sloggies not worn yet. Dont think I dare start counting my bras as I have nearly matching ones for pants so thats around 20.

Kept me amused for a few minutes before I have to start bottoming the bedroom. Have a good rest of week peeps.

• posted by Busybee
    on

Hello Jivers
    There is so much fun and enthusiasm here and what with the restrictions being eased and some lovely sunny weather here, life seems a bit better!
    I too am dancing my way to the end of the week and hope to have lost a little weight!
    The one shake and one meal seem to suit me and I’m not hungry at which is a huge bonus.
    Keep dancing O.D.A.A.T.
    X B

• posted by Mariet
    on

Hi CC, I did a couple of things differently- strictly no snacking, not even a teaspoon of yoghurt while standing looking at the fridge which I somehow previously thought didn’t count.
    Also hit more than 10000 steps each day. I know it’s a flawed goal but in order to reach it I had 50-60minutes of moderate activity each day.
    No wine!
    But really I think it’s a mental attitude thing. It was seeing a candid snap of me that a friend posted on Facebook. It was a happy occasion, nothing offensive about the photo, except for me. You know the instant of disbelief- wow, do I really look like that? And it’s not how I want to look. I know many people have more urgent medical reasons but I have to admit that for me it’s vanity. I don’t want to feel awful about seeing people because I’m unhappy in my skin.
    And my reward this morning was the unbelievable drop of another 1.1kg overnight. I feel sure that there will be a rebound up but it was very pleasant to see.

• posted by Dreamscometrue
    on

Hi everyone. Is it Friday already?! I honestly don’t know where this week has gone. And, for me, the next few weeks will be even busier as I’m going to be doing a bit of supply teaching at my old school.

Well done Mariet for your losses. I know that when I avoid the wine and snacks that really helps me, and also doing exercise too. In fact I think exercise is my main weapon at the moment. I’m running regularly and also went for a swim this week, the first time in months. The day after that I had dropped 1lb to 138 and so far it hasn’t come back. I must NOT sabotage this over the weekend (my downfall too Mariet! And we’re off to the pub this afternoon for the first time in a long time).

Cathy I think your weight loss goal of 1lb is do-able. I know my maths isn’t the best, but I think that’s what you’ve achieved so far in April, despite being disappointed? Good luck, and hope to celebrate more progress with you next weigh day. Sue you are doing really well too, that’s great news! And Busybee as well – keep on dancing!

Sunshinegirl you made me laugh about your underwear stash. I had a clear out recently but there are still far too many items lurking there. I also think that when you are on a weight loss journey there’s the dilemma between hanging onto things that are now a bit too big – “just in case” – but not quite being able to fit comfortably into the ones that are a bit too small. My dog walking jeans are now hanging off me – I confess I like the feeling! – but I don’t want to spoil any others by taking them out in the muddy place we go to. Though I’m in imminent danger of a public decency outrage if they get any looser!

Thanks for the fab jokes Yowzer, and Dawn I hope you’re surviving the revision?

Hello to everyone else too – Ruby G, Linda, Lauren, TeaGranny, Aussie Sue and anyone else I’ve missed (I’m scared to flick back a screen in case I lose this message!). Have a fab weekend X

on

Hi everyone, hi dreams. Yes I even found a red thong (not the Aussie sort – flip flop). I remember hubby bought me a red rose for Valentines and it came in a tube. He didnt know it also came with the thong. Dont think I will get into it again (not that I ever did) unless I use it for ear warmers but they are a bit flimsy.

In anticipation of our meal tonight I have been very light today with poached egg and grilled mushrooms for breakfast and a tapas style salad for lunch (parma ham, olives, strawberries, melon and blackberry and olive oil dressing). Picked up our meal at the pharmacy this morning. It wont do too much damage as, being M star the portions are very small but it is 3 courses. We are having Cremeux de mais et oeuf pochee, Filet de cochon laque, presse de pommes de terre et compotee d’oignons doux and dessert of Sable Breton Aux zestes de citron vert, cremeux au deux citrons et crumble amandes. In English that is Cream of sweetcorn soup with a poached egg, small glazed pork fillet with pressed potatoes (the size of a small matchbox) and creamed onions followed by dessert of shortbread biscuit with lime zest, crumbled almonds and lemon and lime cream. I know I shouldnt be talking naughty food here but the portions are really small. Also the French dont do a lot of carbs with meals so, besides the sweet bit, it is very BSD friendly 🙂 When I placed the order I told them it was for our wedding anniversary and they included a card and a beautiful boxed waiters friend and stopper set. Dont know why they think I would ever use a wine stopper!!!! Cant wait for them to open again.

Enjoy your day everyone and have a great weekend, especially those who have been let loose, just stay safe.

on

Hello Jivers

Mariet – I totally agree with you about weight loss being about our mental attitude. Well done on losing another kg. it just proves how strict we really do have to be. The 10,000 steps per day are obviously helping too and it seems that DCT agrees that running and swimming are helping her along to her goal. Not too far now for you now DCT- you’ll definitely be at goal in July at this rate. I am so cross with myself for letting myself gain 15 lb since achieving my goal weight in 2017. I am really struggling to get it off this time.

Weigh day will be Tuesday next week and I hope to lose another 1 lb and creep ever so slowly towards being a healthy weight once again. I am fighting for every single pound at the moment- I am sure my metabolism has stopped! Just had my shake and a few nuts. Evening meal is bolognaise from the fast 800 book with some rainbow “rice”.

Have a great weekend everyone. Just been to the charity shop to drop off a donation of goodies for them. Feels nice to be able to do some normal things at last!

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Hello everyone! No sleep last night so Im too tired to read comments,just wanted to drop by and leave hugs and a Weekend Thought!
    “There’s no magical perfect version of you waiting in the future
    You are here now,use the magic you have now “💛🙏😍🥰🌸xxx

• posted by Jennie10
    on

Hi everyone – d’you mind if I quietly slip back onto the thread. Oh dear, I fell off the bus so didn’t quite turn into that spring butterfly – although there’s still time. When does Spring end? I can’t jive either, by the way, but I love dancing so I’ll give it a good go!
    I’m still pretty much at my goal weight – 9st 3 (goal 9st) so I’m happy with that. But I had a bit of a physical overreaction to my first covid jab and my blood glucose levels are all over the place and I’m experiencing inflammation resulting in a lot of arthritic-type pain in my joints – fingers and wrists in particular. So, no long posts!
    My first goal is to go back to really being strict with my carbs and exercise to manage my bgls and hopefully deal with the joint pain.

Yowser – love the jokes

Have a good weekend everyone.
    Jennie xx

on

Hi everyone, back on plan and I would just like to say I really didnt enjoy our meal last night. Yes it was delicious in one sense but it was sooooo rich and sickly both of us struggled. We have now said no more luxury takeouts. I dont mind when the restaurants reopen (they are a pair side by side) I will be more than happy to go and have a lovely medium rare steak with seasonal veg and that will be just right for me. Is it an age thing as I can remember my mum saying certain foods were too rich for her or is it that I have a completely different palette now. I certainly know I appreciate good, fresh, healthy food. So I really enjoyed my breakfast of strawberries and Greek yoghurt and a lunch of Mediterannean style salad.

• posted by LindaandHubby
    on

Hi all, We’re both still here & we are both on standstill weight wise, ups & downs with weight – a little annoying BUT am sticking with it.
    I have lost 4″ from under bust measurement & 1.5″ off my bust (probably the back measurement gone down though). My bras keep riding up at the back, which is damned annoying. I think I need some braces, adding my adjusters to them to hold onto the back strap. I don’t really want to start buying new bras yet as for my size they are between £40-£50 normally for ones that are supportive. I guess I need to see if I still have any that might fit me that I haven’t thrown away OR maybe boil wash some in the hope they shrink down. Hubby’s tummy is shrinking well BUT he keeps saying he’s not sure he can take this plan for much longer as he’s missing his carbs. I think I need a bake day this weekend in order to try & help him with this.

Hubby is down for his 2nd jab on 28th April – 12wks & a bit after his 1st jab. He doesn’t want to leave the house until 3 weeks after the 2nd jab & as I don’t want to bring anything back to him, that’s me grounded too. He’s been having B12 vaccinations – 3 a week & also has hospital appointments well into May so I can’t see us getting away until nearly the end of May or into June.

Take care all – down to watch the funeral.

on

Hello everyone

Just want to post that today I’ve walked 12,566 steps! Went for a walk this morning and then again this afternoon. I am really hoping that I’ve lost 1 lb on Tuesday. I have been eating healthily and low carb and having shakes during the week. I can’t honestly work any harder or reduce my intake any more so if really hope the scales show a loss on Tuesday.
    Hope you have all had a good weekend and let’s see what results we have all achieved this week. I am not being greedy hoping for 1lb but I’ll be desperately disappointed if I haven’t lost!

• posted by ADD6605
    on

That’s brilliant Cathy,I must get some walking in as I’m not doing much at the minute.I’m sure you will have lost a pound this week!Dawn X

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Hi everyone!
    JENNIE welcome back,hope youre feeling better now after Jab One. Less grains will deffo help cool your inflammation. x
    Well done CCATHY on all those steps!x
    And well done LAH on inches lost around bust.
    So much determination and focus here,its very inspirational.
    Ive not been as much in the zone as I wd like this last week or so,more doing a “slowy” than rockin around the world,but brimming over with excitement today as very much in the right frame of mind – new week,new me!🌻🥰🌻🥰🌻🥰🌻

• posted by ADD6605
    on

Hi everyone,I’ve had another ‘swaying’ week rather than a jive but,like you Yowser,I feel very much in the right frame of mind today so hoping that continues🤞The sun has been out all day,reminding me of the Summer clothes I can’t fit into(many years worth bought when feeling hopeful of weight loss! ) it would be lovely if this is the year I can wear them all☀️ Dawn X

on

Hello everyone
    It was weigh day this morning and I was really excited to see if I’d lost the 1lb I had set myself to lose and hopefully a little more! I have “endured” the banana huel but have enjoyed the coffee huel for lunch, no breakfast, no cream, no cheese, walked more steps than usual, 12,500 on Sunday with extremely painful toes to reward me so when I stepped on this morning thinking the hard work and pain was all worth it, you can imagine my disappointment to see that I had gained 0.4 lb! My reward for all the hard work is a total loss of 1.2lb since 1st April and a gain of 0.4 lb this week. I am flabbergasted, disheartened and totally fed up. I’ve cancelled my subscription to Huel, I need to go back to the drawing board and to be honest I am now totally out of ideas on how I can lose at least 10lb. I worked out my TDEE and reduced my calories by 500 per day so that I was virtually guaranteed to lose 1lb. My BMI is 28. What more can I do? I might try going down to 200 calories at lunch to see if that helps this week.

I will look forward to seeing how you have all done this week and will keep trying to find a way forward.

• posted by florob85
    on

Hellooo jivers I’m back from the trees!

I’ve eaten all the food (wrong food) and not drunk enough water this week so a gain of 7lb but I needed a break from counting and being sensible to sort of reset. I’m motivated and have jumped back on this morning

CC I want to give you a massive hug! Sending a virtual one! Don’t be disheartened, remember there could be hormone fluctuations at play, or you might be retaining water, or maybe where you’ve amped up the exercise you’re building muscle – muscle is more dense than fat so the same space of tissue of muscle weighs more than the same amount of fat (because there’s physically more packed in). Also if you’ve been exercising more than normal that causes micro tears in muscle and that triggers the muscle to grow but to do that it needs shedloads of water so it could just be your muscles are holding on to it! Did you see a change in inches? I can suggest all the normal things (and I know you’ve been around a while so forgive me if any of this is patronising, not intended to be!!) like reduce carbs down to <20g if you haven’t done so, don’t go overboard on the protein – the Huel shakes – are they high in protein to compensate for being low carb? In which case that could be your problem – excess protein is converted to carbs for energy before fat (it’s easier for the body) so if you have excess protein then your carbs might be “artificially” high and you might actually be preventing your body burning fat – just a thought. Also drinking all the water and then some more, give yourself a rest from the exercise (defo don’t do so much if it’s hurting). I actually read an interesting article over the weekend about the magic “10000” steps and it said that all the research shows that actually a difference is seen in longevity and health benefits at 7500 steps in ladies over 50, but the additional difference between 7500 and 10000 was so negligible as to be zero . Plus exercise is only something like 5% of weight loss, and HIIT is supposed to be better at fat burning than simply long sessions of cardio so could you try that – doesn’t have to be massively intense, you could just do 30 secs of faster walking then 1 min normal pace for 10 mins, or even 30 secs of say high knee marching interspersed with 1 min of normal walking (works on the spot too). Believe me I understand how hard it is to exercise, I have ME/CFS and find it really tough but also despise it which doesn’t help!! You’ve got this don’t give up!!! We’re all sending love and hugs

❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

Lauren xx

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Hi girls! ( Do we have any boys?)
    CCATHY I was annoyed on your behalf reading your post.
    I really feel for you and Im sending you cyber hugs and cuddles same as Lauren. Its so hard to do your best and not see results. I admire you for how hard you try and Im sure your tenacity will pay off in the long run. XX
    Thanks for the great advice and tips LAUREN,I didnt know about excess protein being converted to carbs. But isnt that typical,flippin carbs are everywhere.
    LAUREN I too have ME/ CFS,diagnosed in 1996. Such fun isnt it! 🙄 and as Ive got older,jolly things like arthritis have been added into the mix! So I too struggle with exercise,I have to do little bits often,as I have very little stamina.
    My major improvement over a long time is that I now recover more quickly after a ‘bad’ phase than I did in the early days. I hope youve seen some improvements too. XX
    Have a good day everyone and dance so hard your feet are just a blur on the dance floor XX

• posted by florob85
    on

Yowser post exertional malaise sucks!!! I spent most of our last day on holiday lying on the bed as I’d overdone it with the walking and felt generally quite fluey! Was out walking with my fiancé on Saturday and my legs suddenly just ran out of puff, such a weird feeling to try and explain to someone, especially someone as super fit as my fiancé who thinks absolutely nothing of going to bed late or mundane things like having a shower on a bad day!! I’m a lot better than I was fortunately and manage to work full time but it’s definitely hard, I’ve also got arthritis in my ankle but that’s due to being a clutz and spraining it about 86 times, the last time was three years ago and although I didn’t break it i got bony growths in it and had surgery to remove loose bodies, never really been the same since!!

L xx

• posted by ADD6605
    on

Cathy,like Yowser,I was annoyed on your behalf this morning,you’ve worked so hard I thought you would lose at least a pound but I’m hoping it comes off,with more,next week for you!I haven’t lost anything this last week,wasn’t really surprised though when I got on the scales this morning.Yesterday was the first day in a long time I felt really motivated again and still feel that way today thank goodness,despite waking with a migraine,so will hopefully have a loss by next weigh in.Dawn X

• posted by Busybee
    on

Oh Cathy how I too feel for you!
    It seems so much effort to work towards a 1 lb loss and then to gain is so demoralising.
    Last week I was losing each day and was delighted with my loss of 6lbs which was maintained on Sunday after a slight overindulge when DD visited, but then yesterday I had gained. 2.5lbs – so annoying. However I am feeling full of resolve and am back to a Fast800
    shake for lunch and then a low carb meal – I’m not hungry at all which is a big bonus.
    Keep dancing O.D.A.A.T.
    X B

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

DAWN I hope your migraine has passed x
    BUSYBEE, I wish I dint feel hungry! I was fine the first Huel week,been hungry ever since,is making life difficult! Maybe I need to have the full 400 cal version instead of my own madeup 300 cal version. Think will try that tomorrow..todays is already made.
    LAUREN, i know that feeling when your legs just run out of puff. I read a book about ME called Running on Empty,and thats just how it feels. Like the petrol tank has drained and the battery has died. I too have a well and fit Beau in my life. I envy him! Loads of energy,sleeps like a top,eats what he wants and doesnt put on weight,generally has no aches and pains,flies round all day….🙄 annoying!!!! 😀 XX
    Keep rockin round the clock guys! X

• posted by Dreamscometrue
    on

Aaargh, Cathy! I am so disappointed for you. Many wise words already spoken by others on the thread, and I hope you will take them to heart. On a positive note, we have only had two full weeks in April and you have an overall loss of 1.2lb so are not horribly far from where you wanted to be. I can only hope that there is a whoosh very soon to cheer you on your way.

I’m lucky in that I’m going through a bit of a whoosh right now. I’m not doing any thing particularly different from normal, so I think my body has just got round to catching up with the gradual (patchy) efforts of the last few weeks. I really hope that this happens for you too Cathy and am sure it will soon. X

Hello to everyone else too. The sun is shining here in the UK so let’s keep on dancing!

on

Thanks Jivers for your kind words. I really wanted to be celebrating today. My plan for April was to lose 4lb so with two weeks to go, like DCT has said, I am still in the game! . Lauren, you might have a point about the protein in the shakes? Being a vegetarian, now not eating cheese to help reduce my cholesterol, I was concerned about where I would get my protein and possibly the shakes are too high or certainly higher than my body is used to. I’ll do another week of shakes but only have 200 calories so reduced protein as well and see how that affects things. . So it’s egg salad for tea time and a coffee shake for lunch. I won’t go near the scales until next Tuesday and hope for a whoosh.

Well done to everyone who has lost weight this week and well done to everyone who hasn’t but is still here chipping away and trying their hardest.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

CCATHY! 👏🏽👏🏽👏🏽👏🏽👏🏽YOU receive the Award of the Week, for focus and determination,and positivity in the face of adversity!
    I very much hope and believe you will have a whoosh very soon! XXXXX

• posted by Mariet
    on

Cathy like the others I’m so upset on your behalf. I know so well the feeling when you have been so good and get no results. And I’m awed by your strength of character in keeping on keeping on, go you.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

DCT well done on your whoosh! Whooshes makes it all feel so worthwhile! X
    I’m thinking of throwing in a bit of intermittent fasting,havent done that for a while. X

• posted by SueBlue
    on

Cathy I was so disappointed for you when I read your post 🙁 Hang in there!
    When I look back at my progress since January it can be up one week, down the next, the same for a week and then down again, it’s certainly not an even amount each week, but as long as the trend line keeps going down I’m ok with that. I really hope you see a loss at your next weigh in.
    My weigh in day is tomorrow, it’s been a bit of a funny old week for me, have had a few work and family issues and my husband wasn’t feeling well so meals have been a bit off plan, although calories still low, so I’ll see how I go.
    DCT – well done on your whoosh 🙂

on

Hi everyone, like Cathy I had an up and down weight issue. I said I would lose 3kgs in 3 weeks and managed 2.2kgs. The put a kilo back on over the weekend which, if I let it, can be seen as a set back. What I do know is I am a kilo less than I was 3 weeks ago. Aim for the moon and land in the stars.

• posted by ADD6605
    on

Thanks Yowser,migraine lasted until afternoon but fine now.Have had a 2nd day of sticking to food plan though feeling peckish now!won’t have anything,feel determined to get 1st good week under my belt.Dawn X

• posted by florob85
    on

Clarinet Cathy I’ve just been reading about macadamia nuts (I’m bored) and 28g has 2g protein and also is high in monounsaturated fat which can lower cholesterol – thought might be of interest for you! Seeds might help with your protein as a vegetarian too, chia in particular is high in protein xx

on

Hi all. We’re both still here. I’m still a bit peeved as I’ve not had the scales go downwards at all since 7th April. Hubby has lost another 2ibs only since then too. We have been religiously keeping at 20 carbs or less and under 800 calories a day. Blood sugars for both of are ranging now in the areas of 41-5.4 & we’re still way into Ketosis being in the ranges 2.5-2.9 (still loving the breath monitor).

Yesterday we didn’t eat until after 10pm & we were BAD. We had sausage, bacon. egg & CHIPS! We were both craving chips, no potatoes in the house so I found a tin of new potatoes & cut then up, shook them with 1tsp of olive oil & threw into the air fryer along with the delicious sausages. We just made it under 800 calories but we ate about 40 & 50 carbs each. Was worried our blood sugars would rise a lot & that we might be thrown out of ketosis – we weren’t! Very thankful that we were OK. We won’t however be doing that again for a while.

CC – I get where you’re at, I wish for both of us to have a whooosh soon, it’s on the not too distant horison.
    Lauren – glad you enjoyed your break/honeymoon & impressed you are back on the BSD so quickly.
    Everyone else who is finding it tough – stick with it, weight WILL go down eventually BUT also check your measurements as you could be losing inches somewhere – this is what I’ve found. I can see the difference in Hubby & he can see the difference in me too. That is keeping us on track, as well as in blood sugars, blood pressure normalising etc. TBH other diets aren’t a patch on this for health benefits.
    Onwards & upwards everyone (or downwards weight wise) Maybe we should all lose the scales BUT It’s so tempting to see where you are at. Think of where else you are seeing results too.

• posted by Mariet
    on

Today is my check in day. After my good result last week I expected a bump upwards but not the extent that has happened *sigh.* At the end of this week I am a kilo up on the end of last week.
    It is hard when all the effort seems to be for nothing. Measurements today are basically unchanged as well.
    Oh well. At least I am still in ketosis- but i wonder, how can I have a calorie deficit of 1000/day, and be in good ketosis, and still have no progress? I can’t help but feel a bit aggrieved.
    I am still keeping on though and am always very interested in everyone else’s progress.
    dancing on and on…

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

DAWN Im pleased to hear your migraine has passed X
    MARIET I hope very soon your body will recognise all the good work and will oblige with a whoosh! The sooner the better.X
    LAH..My carb intake isnt fantastic at the moment,the Carb Monster keeps nipping at my heels! But it could be a lot worse. I think your 40- 50 g carb meal was still good,and was a one off,so keep going,onwards and downwards X
    LAUREN and CCATHY I love macadamias!they have a buttery taste and are soooo good for you X
    Its Earth Day today folks! And heres a fitting quote…
    ~ “ The truth is,no amount of money or gold is worth more than bees,trees and water” ~ (Bob Marley)
    🐝*•.¸🌼¸¸.•*¨🦋¨*•.¸¸💞¸.•*•¸🌿.•*¨ 🐝 *•.¸🌼¸¸.•*¨🦋¨*•.¸¸💞¸.•*•¸🌿.•*¨ ¨🦋¨*•.¸¸💞¸.•*•¸

https://www.earthday.org/earth-day-2021/

• posted by Busybee
    on

My jiving has slowed to a shuffle and I’m not doing so well with the carbs either.
    It’s strange we often struggle at the same time but then we get back on the dance floor together again.
    Keep dancing
    X B

• posted by florob85
    on

Busybee I’m still on plan low carb etc. But I’m also shuffling/stumbling because I feel like pants!! Very early night for me today I think!

Keep going everyone!

L x

• posted by Mariet
    on

I’m bouncing around, my mood seems as unpredictable as my progress 🙂
    Half a kilo down today. We are coming up to the weekend but this time I have a secret weapon, my daughter has just asked me to be with her and her husband when she goes into labour, she is 39 weeks now with her first baby. Unexpected, I thought this was something they wanted just for themselves but very sweet of her. So I don’t want to be far from home and no wine until after the baby is here which I am telling myself is a GOOD thing.
    Wishing everyone strength and good mindsets!

• posted by SueBlue
    on

Hi all, just reporting progress as Friday is my weigh in day, 400g down this week.
    I feel like I’m doing a bit of a slow waltz rather than a jive, as I’m only 400g under where I was at the start of our jive.
    I feel your frustration Mariet & Cathy, but we just have to keep dancing 🕺
    I would love to lose weight consistently each week but my body doesn’t work like that! For me it was 600g gain then 600g loss then 400g loss – so a net loss of 400g over 3 weeks.
    I have lost more cm though – another 8cm over bust/waist/hips and thighs and that was between 26 March and now. I find monthly measuring works best for me as I don’t notice much difference week to week.

• posted by ADD6605
    on

Good morning/evening fellow jivers.Unfortunately I spun COMPLETELY off the dance floor yesterday😭but I’m not going to dwell on it and have slipped my dancing shoes back on this morning💃Mariet what a lovely thing to be asked to do by your daughter and her husband🙂 such a special time.Dawn X

on

We will have now fasted for approx 40 hours in an effort to jump start the weight loss. It didn’t work 🙁 On 21st before the fast we only ate 1 large salad coming in at max 300cals & less than 8carbs.
    Got on the scales earlier today & I’m still 13stone 10lbs – about .6lbs up on what I was on 7th April. Hubby hasn’t lost any more either. Maybe we’ll see the results tomorrow??

I don’t think we can alter anything else at the moment. We always do 16.8 & just 2 meals a day coming in at just about 800cals & under with less than 20 carbs. Hubby doesn’t want eggs today so the usual 3 medium eggs omelette with mushrooms & maybe spinach start will wait until tomorrow. Instead we will have a salad – romaine, 2 cherry tomatoes, 1/4 of a small onion, couple of slices of beetroot, 1/2 a small avocado, 50gms feta & 50gms of ham or pork loin + coleslaw 100gms usually or may go to 200gms max Balsamic vinegar or shop bought dressing 15ml or so under 2carbs. Unless someone knows differently this should be under 10 carbs & around 300 cals?? Tonight we’ll have cod in a cheese sauce – Store bought for a complete change & yes I did look at the label – under 2carbs & calories are fine, We’ll have it over cauliflower & Broccoli mash. I may steam some leeks too. Am I going wrong somewhere – let me know if you think I am please. Always drinking – black coffee or diet cola/lemonade – got to be drinking around 3-4 litres a day, sometimes more.

We will still be carrying on with this way of eating as we’re seeing the health benefits. Just wondering what we can do to tweak it? Suggestions anyone. We do have a square or 2 of 85% dark chocolate if our calorie/carb count is lower than 800. (Have you all tried the dark choc. from Tesco 100gms for £1 – it’s the best ever!)

Please log in or register to post a reply.