Jive to July

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by ADD6605
    on

Thanks Jennie,had a good start yesterday.Unfortunately I was heavier than I thought I would be when I weighed myself.Now have 30lbs to lose to get to my goal weight,at least it’s a nice round number! Dawn X

• posted by Mariet
    on

Haven’t posted forever but have been reading everything. I’ve had a very busy month with my little grandson and daughter and haven’t weighed myself at all, have been sticking to principles and I don’t think I’ve gained according to my clothes but that’s all I’d be willing to say!

Thanks Jennie, it has been a special time. It’s easier to go through things ourselves rather than see our children go through them.

I’m away from home for a month now, camping trip ending in an outback music festival called the Birdsville Big Red Bash. I’ll be sticking to principles but that’s all so we’ll see how things go in July when I get back! Today was the first day and I was very good 😁

Best wishes to you all in the time that’s left Jiving to July and I’ll see you all on the next challenge.

• posted by SueBlue
    on

Hello everyone
    Just checking in, it’s been a busy week between work and MIL – have had to go back to the medical centre with her 3 times this week for dressing changes. She’s ok but has completely lost her confidence and refuses to go out of the house unless accompanied. Hopefully she’ll get her confidence back again once she’s feeling better.
    I was going to say my diet went out the window but it actually wasn’t too bad. I didn’t get to do as much meal prep as I had planned, doing that this weekend instead. I did make some lentil Dahl and a Thai green curry, but also had some convenience foods and takeaway! I kept my portion sizes sensible though and when I weighed myself this morning I’m back to my low weight, the weight I was mid May, so happy with that. Now just need to get myself organised and make the most of the next few weeks. I re-read my post from the beginning of Jive to July and I had hoped to lose 4-6 kilos. That is not going to happen but I should be able to reach a total loss of 2-3kg by 4 July, if I stay focussed that is!

Dawn – I love your positivity 🙂 30lbs is around what I need to lose too. I’ll have to check as I use kg, my first major goal is still 4.5kg away, and then I’d like to lose another 10 kg after that.

Mariet – your trip sounds lovely, I’ve always wanted to go to Birdsville, this would be a good time of the year to visit

Jennie – good to read that your diabetic check went well. Covid wise we are ok in Sydney but Melbourne had another outbreak recently which has meant more lockdowns. One selfish couple defied stay at home orders and went on a road trip from Melbourne to Queensland via country NSW and subsequently tested positive to Covid, which has caused concerns for all of the towns they visited in and stayed in on their trip!
    I had my first vaccination needle this week, I had been holding out to have the Pfizer one but it’s being used for under 50 year olds here and it was just impossible, so I bit the bullet and had the Astra Zeneca one. Now I just have to hope I don’t get the rare blood clotting side affect, sadly a 52 year old woman in NSW died this week from that.

Anyway, that’s all from me. It is a long weekend for us (Queens Birthday) so am going to use the time to meal plan, prep and cook. We’ve had record cold weather this week so I’m thinking soup – pumpkin soup, spicy lentil soup. And definitely some chocolate beetroot brownies as my freezer stash is all used up!
    Have a good weekend all 🙂

• posted by wendleg
    on

Hello everyone ! I don’t post on this thread normallly but just wanted to pop in to wish Clarinet Cathy a VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY for tomorrow, 15th June !
    I hope you are well CC, coping and managing with your health issues and enjoying the lifting of lock down restrictions.

Thinking of you,
    Wendy xx

• posted by ClarinetCathy
    on

Wendy
    What a wonderful surprise to see your kind and thoughtful post! Thank you so much. I am 60 tomorrow! I am going to embrace and celebrate my birthday despite everything that has been thrown at me this year. I am nowhere near where I hoped I would be re my weight but I have a lot to be thankful for and I am feeling positive and healthy and optimistic. It was so lovely of you to think of me and I really do appreciate the lovely friends I’ve made over the last four years whilst being part of this lovely community. It’s been a tough year for us all and we are all still here doing our best. I feel extremely fortunate and grateful for the support I’ve had and I will keep on keeping on. MUST TRY HARDER!

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳
    Thanks sooo much for the heads up WENDLEG XX
    Happy 60 thBirthday for tomorrow CCATH…woohoooo..it’s nearly here!…. It’s a big birthday,and don’t forget..sixty is the new forty!🥂🥂🥂🥂🥂🥂🥂🥂🥂🥂🥂🥂🥂🥂🥂🥂🥂🥂🥂🥂🥂🥂🥂🥂
    I hope you have a wonderful day and receive many blessings and joys in the year ahead.
    Don’t worry about weight,cals,carbs,carb monsters for now,just enjoy all the Birthday Girl treats and keep on dancing the light fantastic!
    Sending love and lotsa hugs xxxxxx Many Happy Returns of the Day! xxxxxx
    🌸🎶🌸🎶🌸🎶🌸🎶🌸🎶🌸🎶🌸🎶🌸🎶🌸🎶🌸🎶🌸🎶🌸🎶🌸🎶🌸🎶🌸🎶🌸🎶🌸🎶🌸🎶🌸

• posted by Dreamscometrue
    on

Happy birthday Cathy! I hope you have a wonderful day, and that the coming year is a really good one for you. Enjoy all your celebrations and as Yowzer said, forget all about everything else for today.

You say “must try harder” but honestly I can’t think of anyone else who tries as hard as you, especially given the dreadful year that has just gone. So well done, and have a fab day!

Hello to everyone else too, and hope all is going well? I’m trying to do a bit of a blitz for the last couple of weeks. This mostly for me means trying to avoid – or at least reduce – wine and snacks: my two sunny summer carb monsters!

Have a good week everyone X

• posted by ADD6605
    on

Happy Birthday Cathy🎉🎉🎉🎉Hope you have a lovely day! Dawn X

• posted by SueBlue
    on

Wishing you a very Happy Birthday Cathy! I hope you have a wonderful day, relax and enjoy it – you’re only 60 once! 🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳

• posted by Mariet
    on

Happy Birthday Cathy! I spent my 60th birthday on a cruise on the Mediterranean, before the world went mad. I hope you enjoy yours as much as I enjoyed mine! !

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Happy birthday Cathy, whatever you have just enjoy it. Dont think I did anything for my 60th but I remember hubby telling daughter he would have organised a party but I wouldnt like it. Guess he doesnt really know me.

• posted by LindaandHubby
    on

Hi All. We’re still here, going on going on.
    I’ve lost 22lbs & hubby has lost 29lbs. I’ve gotten down to the overweight BMI range at long last. We’re both pleased with that as we’ve been away for a week at Aberaeron in our motor-home. Weather wasn’t too great, apart for the last 2 days BUT it was lovely to get outside & see the sea.
    Haven’t been strictly sticking to the BSD diet & have eaten as many as 80carbs on 2-3days BUT amazingly we’re both still in Ketosis. I think we may have a few days (maybe even weeks?) of trying to eat relatively well on Keto before we go back strictly to the BSD 800 diet. The strawberries are SO tasty now that we’re not willing to give those up just yet.

Hope everyone is OK & that Lauren is still around & doing much better. Old age (69) Is making it difficult to remember names etc. The fact that this browser takes me back to page 1 instead of page 5 also doesn’t help. We will probably try to get another week away somewhere soon. I’ll be back when we start on the BSD again.

Take care all from both of us XXX

Please log in or register to post a reply.