Jive to July

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by ADD6605
    on

Thanks Jennie,had a good start yesterday.Unfortunately I was heavier than I thought I would be when I weighed myself.Now have 30lbs to lose to get to my goal weight,at least it’s a nice round number! Dawn X

• posted by Mariet
    on

Haven’t posted forever but have been reading everything. I’ve had a very busy month with my little grandson and daughter and haven’t weighed myself at all, have been sticking to principles and I don’t think I’ve gained according to my clothes but that’s all I’d be willing to say!

Thanks Jennie, it has been a special time. It’s easier to go through things ourselves rather than see our children go through them.

I’m away from home for a month now, camping trip ending in an outback music festival called the Birdsville Big Red Bash. I’ll be sticking to principles but that’s all so we’ll see how things go in July when I get back! Today was the first day and I was very good 😁

Best wishes to you all in the time that’s left Jiving to July and I’ll see you all on the next challenge.

• posted by SueBlue
    on

Hello everyone
    Just checking in, it’s been a busy week between work and MIL – have had to go back to the medical centre with her 3 times this week for dressing changes. She’s ok but has completely lost her confidence and refuses to go out of the house unless accompanied. Hopefully she’ll get her confidence back again once she’s feeling better.
    I was going to say my diet went out the window but it actually wasn’t too bad. I didn’t get to do as much meal prep as I had planned, doing that this weekend instead. I did make some lentil Dahl and a Thai green curry, but also had some convenience foods and takeaway! I kept my portion sizes sensible though and when I weighed myself this morning I’m back to my low weight, the weight I was mid May, so happy with that. Now just need to get myself organised and make the most of the next few weeks. I re-read my post from the beginning of Jive to July and I had hoped to lose 4-6 kilos. That is not going to happen but I should be able to reach a total loss of 2-3kg by 4 July, if I stay focussed that is!

Dawn – I love your positivity 🙂 30lbs is around what I need to lose too. I’ll have to check as I use kg, my first major goal is still 4.5kg away, and then I’d like to lose another 10 kg after that.

Mariet – your trip sounds lovely, I’ve always wanted to go to Birdsville, this would be a good time of the year to visit

Jennie – good to read that your diabetic check went well. Covid wise we are ok in Sydney but Melbourne had another outbreak recently which has meant more lockdowns. One selfish couple defied stay at home orders and went on a road trip from Melbourne to Queensland via country NSW and subsequently tested positive to Covid, which has caused concerns for all of the towns they visited in and stayed in on their trip!
    I had my first vaccination needle this week, I had been holding out to have the Pfizer one but it’s being used for under 50 year olds here and it was just impossible, so I bit the bullet and had the Astra Zeneca one. Now I just have to hope I don’t get the rare blood clotting side affect, sadly a 52 year old woman in NSW died this week from that.

Anyway, that’s all from me. It is a long weekend for us (Queens Birthday) so am going to use the time to meal plan, prep and cook. We’ve had record cold weather this week so I’m thinking soup – pumpkin soup, spicy lentil soup. And definitely some chocolate beetroot brownies as my freezer stash is all used up!
    Have a good weekend all 🙂

• posted by wendleg
    on

Hello everyone ! I don’t post on this thread normallly but just wanted to pop in to wish Clarinet Cathy a VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY for tomorrow, 15th June !
    I hope you are well CC, coping and managing with your health issues and enjoying the lifting of lock down restrictions.

Thinking of you,
    Wendy xx

• posted by ClarinetCathy
    on

Wendy
    What a wonderful surprise to see your kind and thoughtful post! Thank you so much. I am 60 tomorrow! I am going to embrace and celebrate my birthday despite everything that has been thrown at me this year. I am nowhere near where I hoped I would be re my weight but I have a lot to be thankful for and I am feeling positive and healthy and optimistic. It was so lovely of you to think of me and I really do appreciate the lovely friends I’ve made over the last four years whilst being part of this lovely community. It’s been a tough year for us all and we are all still here doing our best. I feel extremely fortunate and grateful for the support I’ve had and I will keep on keeping on. MUST TRY HARDER!

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳
    Thanks sooo much for the heads up WENDLEG XX
    Happy 60 thBirthday for tomorrow CCATH…woohoooo..it’s nearly here!…. It’s a big birthday,and don’t forget..sixty is the new forty!🥂🥂🥂🥂🥂🥂🥂🥂🥂🥂🥂🥂🥂🥂🥂🥂🥂🥂🥂🥂🥂🥂🥂🥂
    I hope you have a wonderful day and receive many blessings and joys in the year ahead.
    Don’t worry about weight,cals,carbs,carb monsters for now,just enjoy all the Birthday Girl treats and keep on dancing the light fantastic!
    Sending love and lotsa hugs xxxxxx Many Happy Returns of the Day! xxxxxx
    🌸🎶🌸🎶🌸🎶🌸🎶🌸🎶🌸🎶🌸🎶🌸🎶🌸🎶🌸🎶🌸🎶🌸🎶🌸🎶🌸🎶🌸🎶🌸🎶🌸🎶🌸🎶🌸

• posted by Dreamscometrue
    on

Happy birthday Cathy! I hope you have a wonderful day, and that the coming year is a really good one for you. Enjoy all your celebrations and as Yowzer said, forget all about everything else for today.

You say “must try harder” but honestly I can’t think of anyone else who tries as hard as you, especially given the dreadful year that has just gone. So well done, and have a fab day!

Hello to everyone else too, and hope all is going well? I’m trying to do a bit of a blitz for the last couple of weeks. This mostly for me means trying to avoid – or at least reduce – wine and snacks: my two sunny summer carb monsters!

Have a good week everyone X

• posted by ADD6605
    on

Happy Birthday Cathy🎉🎉🎉🎉Hope you have a lovely day! Dawn X

• posted by SueBlue
    on

Wishing you a very Happy Birthday Cathy! I hope you have a wonderful day, relax and enjoy it – you’re only 60 once! 🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳

• posted by Mariet
    on

Happy Birthday Cathy! I spent my 60th birthday on a cruise on the Mediterranean, before the world went mad. I hope you enjoy yours as much as I enjoyed mine! !

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Happy birthday Cathy, whatever you have just enjoy it. Dont think I did anything for my 60th but I remember hubby telling daughter he would have organised a party but I wouldnt like it. Guess he doesnt really know me.

• posted by LindaandHubby
    on

Hi All. We’re still here, going on going on.
    I’ve lost 22lbs & hubby has lost 29lbs. I’ve gotten down to the overweight BMI range at long last. We’re both pleased with that as we’ve been away for a week at Aberaeron in our motor-home. Weather wasn’t too great, apart for the last 2 days BUT it was lovely to get outside & see the sea.
    Haven’t been strictly sticking to the BSD diet & have eaten as many as 80carbs on 2-3days BUT amazingly we’re both still in Ketosis. I think we may have a few days (maybe even weeks?) of trying to eat relatively well on Keto before we go back strictly to the BSD 800 diet. The strawberries are SO tasty now that we’re not willing to give those up just yet.

Hope everyone is OK & that Lauren is still around & doing much better. Old age (69) Is making it difficult to remember names etc. The fact that this browser takes me back to page 1 instead of page 5 also doesn’t help. We will probably try to get another week away somewhere soon. I’ll be back when we start on the BSD again.

Take care all from both of us XXX

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Well done LINDAANDHUBBY that’s a great result for both of you and great to get BMI down into another range!👍👍👍
    DAWN I hope the family visit to Dad went well and that you all enjoyed it,and most of all,hope yr Dad was happy to see you and had a nice day and a lovely Fathers Day tomorrow
    To everyone else,hope you’re all enjoying your weekends, and if you have Dads,or hubbies who are Dads too,make a fuss of them tomorrow!
    💝🥂💝🥂💝🥂💝🥂💝🥂💝🥂💝🥂💝🥂💝🥂💝🥂💝🥂💝🥂💝🥂💝🥂💝🥂💝🥂💝🥂💝🥂💝

• posted by ADD6605
    on

Hi fellow Jivers.Well,since my Countdown to Christmas,which went well,my following Countdowns have been somewhat disastrous.I know we still have 12 days until this Countdown ends but no way I will get down to my Christmas Eve weight by then which is disappointing.However,I’m going to look at these last six months as a time when I was learning what makes me go completely off this woe.I’ve decided it’s my old way of thinking that if I have a few days off plan then that’s me scuppered so I stay off plan.It doesn’t help the situation when going off plan brings my carb/sugar cravings right back.So IM HITTING THE RESET SWITCH TODAY! (I’ve put that in capitals to reinforce it to myself! ) I can’t remember if we decided to start another Countdown after this one and whether we had a name for it yet but if we do then I’m in.Dawn X

• posted by JessKirkpri1
    on

Hi all, can I join for the last week or so? I’ve been dabbling in the fast 800 on and off but am sick of being dedicated then undoing that gains made and feeling terrible.
    I’m wondering what you do when your resolves wanes and you just want something delicious?
    Do you build in foods you enjoy in planned ways or have a daily buffer to allow for a little of something you feel like? Does it get easier? Idol you find it easier to do fast 800 all days as opposed to most?

I also am wondering if a cup of tea in the morning with a drizzle of almond milk breaks the fast?

Thanks for your advice and lovely to join you all are so inspiring to me. My start weight is 74kg my aim is 63kg 🙂 what is a reasonable time line for this?

on

Hi JessKirkpri1 and welcome! We have a week or so to go on this journey then I’m sure will be starting a new thread to take us forward. So stick with us!

Everyone has their own way of adapting to this WoE (Way of Eating). When I first started I was very strict during the week, then cut myself some slack at weekends. I found that because I was strict more often than I wasn’t, it seemed to work for me. I mean, I didn’t go completely mad at weekends, but let myself go over 800 and have a few treats like wine or snacks. In the early days I also did three small meals per day during the week but on weekends just had brunch at around 11 then dinner later. So I was inadvertently doing 16:8 without actually realising.

I’m sure others will contribute too, but I think we each have to find the best way forward with this. Some like to get their heads down and just be super strict for the initial 8 weeks, others – like me – build in some fire breaks. Yet others may find it a bit daunting and decide either to do 5:2 or just to start following a. healthier, mediterranean-style diet. I honestly think any way works, just at different speeds. So choose your path I guess.

You can definitely lose your 11kilos, the speed will depend on how you choose to follow the WoE. I started off (in January 2017) at 175lb, 79 kilos. I lost a stone (6-ish kilos) over the first 2 months of doing this reasonably strictly but with weekends off and then another 11lb – 5 kilos – by the end of May. So it took me 5 months. But I tend to be.a slow loser anyway. So I reckon around 4 months would be a very realistic timescale for you.

Since then I have followed Fast 800 on and off, but have always stuck mainly to a low-ish carb Mediterranean style diet in between. I’m now at 137-138lb, so around 62 kilos and am currently managing to maintain, whilst enjoying treats from time to time too. My long term goal is 133lb: hopefully I’ll get there one of these fine days 🙂

Best wishes to you JessKirkpri1 and to all reading this X

• posted by SueBlue
    on

Hello everyone,
    Hope you are all doing ok.
    I’m still here, just juggling some family issues with MIL and Sydney now being in a Covid lockdown again, we still have a week to go till the end of our trip so let’s keep going and doing the best we can till the 4th July x

• posted by JessKirkpri1
    on

Hi Dreamscometrue, thanks so much for sharing your experience. I get quite worried about restricting foods I like and think having a simple default framework will be best then I can alter when I’m out socially. I would love to do 2 meals a day but don’t actually believe I can. Self belief is a funny thing isn’t it?
    When you did the 16:8 on weekends did you still start the day with tea?
    Yesterday was my day 1 and I’ started at closer to 1000cal just to get a grip on how much food it is. I found that the things which weren’t worth the additional cals were the legumes I had: the protein and healthy fat keeps me feeling good and a small planned for healthy treat will stave off feelings of deprivation.
    Sue Blue – I’m in Sydney also so sending thoughts to you. Being in lockdown with family issues would be incredibly stressful and I hope one of those stressors is relieved soon.

• posted by SueBlue
    on

Thanks Jess 🙂
    Sounds like you are off to a good start.
    I found it didn’t take me too long to adjust to 2 meals a day, I did it slowly though. So started off still having 3 meals, which I still do sometimes, but delayed breakfast later and later each day, till I was having my first meal at 11/11.30am, and then the 2nd meal at 6/6.30pm.
    I ALWAYS start my day with a cup of tea and a dash of milk – I read that Dr Moseley says that under 50 calories doesn’t break a fast.
    As to how long it takes to lose weight – it really does depend on your starting weight, how much you have to lose and the approach you take.
    I’m a slow loser and it took me about 10 months to lose 13kg in 2017 when I first started following this WOE.
    I have lost 7kg since Jan this year by doing 5:2 and either 16:8 or 14:10 TRE. So 2 days a week I’ll stick to about 900 calories and the other 5 days I’ll eat more, but still under about 1300/1400 calories – I average about 1100 calories per day over the week, and this works for me in that I’m seeing a slow, steady weight loss. I could probably speed it up by having less calories but the way I’m doing it fits in with my lifestyle and family , so I’m sticking with it!
    As for treats, I usually have some wine and soda water or vodka and soda on Friday night or the weekend, and I make treat foods like pizza – but I follow the recipe in the Fast 800 book so it’s on plan (pita bread base). I also make up a batch of chocolate beetroot brownies (again from the Fast 800 cook book) every few months and I freeze them, so if I feel like a dessert or treat I can have one of those for 128 calories. I also keep dark chocolate (85% Lindt, or the Aldi one) and nuts on hand – I’m not a big chocolate eater so a block lasts me ages.
    When I’m really hungry on a fast day I’ll have things like a few almonds or a few spoons of Greek yoghurt, or some vegetable soup (between meals), but this doesn’t happen too often.
    Every Saturday I make bacon, eggs, tomato, mushroom and spinach for brunch – keeps me full all day and it’s something to look forward to.
    The trick is I think to eat the foods you enjoy. My favourite at the moment is Lentil Dahl, I make it at least once a week! Now it’s winter I’m using my slow cooker more, making Beef Rendang tomorrow (again from the Fast 800 recipe book).
    Being in lockdown again isn’t too bad for me, or even much different to non-lockdown times. I have impaired immunity and chronic health conditions so I’ve been working from home and staying home as much as possible anyway 🙂 just going to go back to having groceries delivered instead of going to the shops.
    Take care and all the best with your journey 🙂

on

Hello everyone

I can’t believe how quickly the weeks and months have gone by. I am still here!! Haven’t weighed myself for weeks and to be honest feel I’ve really let myself down weight wise. It has taken me a while to get my head around things and I’ve had to come off the osteoporosis medication due to side effects and I am now taking medication to combat the damage the Alendronic Acid did to my stomach. I’ve been referred to rheumatology and have been told the waiting time is 60 weeks! I have been enjoying working at the Vaccination Centre and it is now just just over two weeks until my long awaited trip to Ragdale Hall with my friend and her sister. Today I am going to give myself a talking to and try hard to lose a few pounds before I go.

Well done to everyone who has committed to losing weight during our Jive- I don’t think I ever got going this time round. I completely lost the plot but I hope that over the next couple of weeks I will get back to healthy eating. Because I am trying to reduce my cholesterol by September I’ve cut out butter, cream, cheese and have had to resort to fat free Greek Yoghurt and even though I haven’t been following strictly the BSD I haven’t gone mad either. Maybe I will weigh myself tomorrow to see exactly how much damage I’ve done to my hard work.

I really would like to start again when our next adventure begins. I will look forward to reading about the progress you have all made and I will record my weight to record my lack of progress and to give myself a short, sharp shock!

Well done everyone and even if we haven’t made any progress, we are all still here and are aware of what we need to do. I really have enjoyed being a little kinder to myself and am learning to accept who I am better. I am 60 years old now so it is more important than ever to live a healthy and happy lifestyle. I think that is going to be my working ground going forward.

• posted by Mariet
    on

Hi everyone, I am halfway through my trip in the Outback, in the dead Center of Queensland at the moment and heading for Birdsville next week though there is no guarantee that the festival will go ahead, many of the musicians supposed to play are affected by lockdown rules.

It’s been extraordinarily difficult to stick to low carb principles, my friends don’t want to cook and prefer to eat out and country pubs here are heavily carb Dependent. Still, I am only eating once a day and hoping that the damage when I get home won’t be too bad.

Is there any thoughts about another thread? Advancing to Autumn or similar? I would like to be part of a new thread.

I am only getting intermittent internet access but enjoying reading everyone’s updates and well done To all who who have had good results. Commiserations to all who are struggling!

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Hi JESS and welcome to the thread!xx
    My scales need a battery so haven’t weighed in ages,but I feel slightly slimmer,clothes fractionally looser. Not good enough but better than nothing.
    DAWN I love your reset switch idea! Will deffo be hitting that button for the next challenge 💕
    ..MARIET I think Advancing to Autumn is an excellent name..tho,wait,just thought,some of our members will be advancing to spring..Is Advancing to Autumn,Advancing to Spring too long? I can’t come up with any ideas off top of my head ,but will keep trying to think. Anyone else had a brainwave?
    Hope festival goes ahead MARIET! How are Mum and Babby doing? And Nanna too of course!
    Hi there DCT!SUEBLUE!CCATHY! SUNSHINEGIRL! massive hugs all round. Sorry not been here much,have cut down on internet time..now if only I could cut down on snaxidents!!😄😄😄😄😄xxxx
    🌸💝🌸💝🌸💝🌸💝🌸💝🌸💝🌸💝🌸💝🌸💝🌸💝🌸💝🌸💝🌸💝🌸💝🌸💝🌸💝🌸💝🌸💝🌸💝

• posted by Mariet
    on

Yowser, in my neck of the woods we will be advancing to spring but I am happy to go with the majority. I was really just looking for alliteration.

Mother and baby are doing well. He is fully breast feed and it seems to me he is gaining weight painfully slowly but mother, early childhood nurse and GP are not worried so I am keeping my mouth shut 😂

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

You’re a very wise Nanna MARIET! XX and a kind thread member also!
    How about…Advancing into Autumn,Stepping into Spring? XX

• posted by Mariet
    on

I like it!

on

Hello everyone. Lovely to see all the recent posts.I love the way that we’re all in different places (in every sense of the word) but still all together.

I am more than happy to set up the next thread, as there seems to be quite a bit of interest. I wasn’t sure tbh, as this thread has been a little quiet recently. But I think we are all of one mind and have longer term, more relaxed, goals that don’t necessarily need lots of posting. I’m also aware that I don’t post that much, especially recently as I have been back working my old job again! But I’d like to carry on as I want to keep going slowly but surely. One day I will reach my goal ….

I love the name Advancing into Autumn,Stepping into Spring as I think it encompasses all of us wherever we are in the hemisphere. Thank you Yowser.

I’m away as of Wednesday (30th June) – going to see my mum at last. I think this thread was originally meant to run till Saturday 4th July, so I can either set it up early or leave it until when I get back (Weds 7th). On reflection I think I’ll set it up early then there may be a couple of days crossover between the two threads. So unless anyone else wants to do it (which is fine by me!) I’ll set it up late Tues (29th) or early Weds (30th).

on

PS Cathy just reread your post and I’m so sorry you’ve been having such a rough time with your osteoporosis medication. Sending hugs. I hope you get things sorted soon, and I hope you have a really fab time at Ragdale. I went there for the first time with my daughter in 2019 and we just loved it. Will definitely go back.

At the moment one related decision I need to make is whether to keep up my gym membership. Obviously it all came to a halt during the Covid lockdowns, but even after reopening they have had various restrictions that have made things difficult. Plus since then I have moved on and got into running so haven’t wanted to go to the gym as often. So my current thinking is to ditch it, but try and save the money and go to a local spa every 2-3 months instead. Or Ragdale once a year 🙂

Enjoy! X

on

Thanks DCT for kindly offering to set up the new thread for us and the new name for the thread is fab Yowser! I’ll look forward to joining in. I hope you have a lovely stay with your mum DCT. I really did want to be at goal this time but events took over and I just couldn’t get into the right place to be strong enough to keep going. I really do hope to get to goal one day. It just seems so much harder than it was when I did it in 2017. I will be working at the vaccination centre until the end of August and it is so busy so I don’t feel I am able to fast or even do 16:8. I need to eat something before my shift and we work 8 hour shifts with only a 20 minute break for a quick bite to eat. When I get home from my trip to stay with a friend in Stratford prior to staying at Ragdale Hall I hope to be able to focus on getting my weight down and will try really hard to get back on track. I’ll be interested to see what I weigh when I can brave the scales. I last weighed on 20th May so I might be in for a shock! I’ll get on tomorrow and see where I am at! I can promise that I am not messing about and I really do want to be able to post some good losses during the autumn/spring thread. I am going to aim to lose 10lb – how difficult can it be? I lost 42 lb in 2017. I AM GOING TO DO IT – FACT! See you all on the next thread. 🦋

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Thanks DCT for offering to set up the next challenge before you go away. Have a lovely mum and daughter time 💕
    Thanks to MARIET for the title idea,she did the difficult part!
    Well done CCATHY helping get people vaccinated. Hard work,on yr feet all the time,but rewarding I bet.
    I can well understand how it’s taken time to get yr head round the osteo diagnosis,and I’m sorry you’ve had such probs with the meds. You haven’t let yrself down. Things can get confusing when yr health needs sort of collide with what you want to do food wise. If you can’t have full fat foods at the moment,you won’t feel nearly as full which is sort of the point of low carb diets isnt it..
    It took me a long time to come to terms with lymphoedema,I don’t think I ever fully will. And tho I find it easy to eat a rainbow of fruit and veg ( as advised to starve the lympho) it’s not as low carb as I would like.
    Low carb,second time round, as everyone seems to say,is just not as easy as first time.
    Anyway CC,enjoy seeing yr friend and her sister,and going to Ragdale for some much deserved TLC
    Lookin forward to seeing everyone on the next thread! 🥰😘xxxxxx

• posted by JessKirkpri1
    on

Hi Sue Blue,
    It sounds like gradual changes worked well for
    you. I could survive off tea lol so the less than 50cal thing helps me feel more confident.
    I’m a bit similar in the respect that having things to look forward to keeps me on track., especially in lock down. Though toast is what I love most :):): no protein there so hard to have it as a sustaining brunch meal. I’ll have a think, I
    Might even just include it once a week and still have other meals as normal. It sounds from
    Your experience the overall total keeps things ticking along.

Clarinet Cathy – I’m sorry you are struggling. Though it also sounds like you have had some
    Victories worth cebrating in not going completely OTT. We are moving towards spring here so maybe Advancing to Autumn, Swing into Spring? The dance one for this thread makes me smile 🙂 thanks for helping vaccinate people, such important work and much appreciated. Is it very busy?

Mariet – your trip sounds amazing. Are you going on the Oodnadatta Track? The festival sounds interesting so I’ll keep my fingers crossed.
    It’s hard balancing others on a trip like that but you seem to have some solid balancing measures you are using. That’s inspiring 🙂

Yowzer- thanks for your welcome I look forward to joining the next thread. I personally don’t take dairy, I use tofu quite a bit instead. You can whip up silken tofu with some lemon and sweetener so a yoghurt type texture. I also use protein powder turned in a similar way. Hemp and yeast flakes give a cheese flavour. It’s certainty a challenge and I hope things are better soon.
    Dreamsdocometrue – thanks for welcoming me late to this one and I look forward to the rest of winter on the next thread .ignore my name suggestion somewhere in the text above 👆 stepping into spring 🙂

on

Just so you know I havent deserted you. I have been taking a weeks break from posting but still read daily.
    Cathy, Ragdale how fantastic, would love to take my daughter there for a mum and daughter weekend.
    We are nearly there – July – how the heck did that happen. Glad so many of you are jiving away. Not my favourite dance, prefer the salsa. Salsa into September perhaps.

on

Hi everybody, just to let you know the new thread is up and running. Let’s do this!!

I will now go quiet for a few days as I’m heading off to see my mum. So will catch up with you around the end of next week.

Sunshine-girl. good to hear from you, and look forward to seeing you there soon.

• posted by JessKirkpri1
    on

Oh Sunshine Girl – I love the dancing references. Salsa etc. is Swing a dance?

Hi DDT – enjoy your visit with your Mum 🙂

I’ve been enjoying doing this. I’ve noticed if I eat less early in the day then generally my whole appetite is much smoother. I did eat too much dried fruit last night. I rushed dinner and wasn’t very mindful so am sure this was the reason I was still peckish after.

I also tried exercising later in the day so sleep was crappy. Wondering if others find a difference in their weight loss related to the time
    Of day they exercise?

• posted by SueBlue
    on

Well 4 July is here (for those of us in the Southern Hemisphere at least), so weigh in time for me.
    At the beginning of Jive to July I had set myself a goal of 4 to 6 kg loss – the mistake there was I should have made it 4 to 6 pounds! My net loss for this trip has been 1.9kg or just over 4 pounds. It has been an up and down journey, and didn’t go as well as I’d planned, but thanks to the support of everyone on here I’ve made it to the end of this dance marathon! 💃
    It may be the end of Jive to July but my journey continues so I’ll see everyone over in the new thread 🙂

on

Morning everyone

I am ashamed to say that I let myself down big time during this latest journey and finished up 3.2lb heavier than when I started back in April! I feel really bad about it and it will motivate me to give myself a firm talking to and to make better progress in the next thread.

Fantastic result for so many of my lovely friends and I am delighted for you. I know that we have to face ups and downs in life and these things can really derail us. I feel as if I’ve struggled this year and I really hope that I can find the resolve to get myself back into a healthy way of eating. I will not give up I will be on the next thread after my two week holiday. Aim plan to be back on plan from July 25th.

on

I Cathy, I know the July challenge is over but just popped in to say you should never be ashamed. You have had things to deal with, hope you health is better and you are still here. Success all round. We dont need to criticise ourselfs, you wouldnt do it to a friend and you should be your own best friend.

Please log in or register to post a reply.