Jive to July

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by SueBlue
    on

Thanks for your post Cathy 🙂
    I agree that being kind to ourselves and each other is important.
    To be honest I’d be happy to be 10lb over my ideal weight – that would still be about 12kg less than I am now 🙂
    I think there is a big difference between an ideal weight and a healthy weight – a healthy weight for me would be one that has a mental health component too – not just an ideal number set by the government on the scales – I know I would be healthy and happy at 10lb above my ideal weight 🙂
    So good on you! And I was so happy to read about the easing of restrictions in the UK – you deserve it!

DAWN – Happy Birthday! And so happy that you can see your dad again 🙂

I’m travelling ok – just 500g from my low weight of a few weeks ago. Need to get back on plan, although I’m finding that I’m not as hungry as I used to be – I had lunch today at 11am (bacon & eggs) and still not hungry at 7pm.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Hi all,wishing you a happy healthy week ahead!
    DAWN,sooo pleased for you that you’ll see yr Dad! What better bday gift could you get! Have a lovely bday when it swings round!🥰🎶🥳
    CCATHY,I think one of the most valuable things in life is if you can be at peace with yrself,and it sounds like you are. Hope you’ll still pop in and have a dance with us tho,from time to time.X
    Hi SUEBLUE,glad you’re doing ok..not feeling hungry is half the battle isnt it ❤️
    Keep rockin round the clock everyone and enjoy a groooooovy week! X

• posted by Mariet
    on

Dawn, so happy that you’ll get to see your dad! The past year has been so awful for people who have needed to be in care and their families. It’s wonderful to see those restrictions easing.
    Cathy, good to see you are in a good place. I agree that sometimes we get so blinkered about losing weight that the main goal- health- just slips out of focus.
    I don’t even know where i am as far as weighing goes, I haven’t been eating off plan food- in fact I have been so tired I have hardly eaten at all.
    We welcomed a tiny little boy early Tuesday morning, just after midnight and after a 24 hour labour where none of the pain relief worked. Even though I am a midwife and almost all my 40 year career has been spent in the birth unit, this was the most harrowing day of my life. Still, it’s all over now and they seem to be moving towards a good place as far as feeding and maintaining warmth and blood sugars go. He was 5lb11oz, very unexpected at 42 weeks. My daughter is well and beginning to be confident again so that’s a relief.
    I’m thinking I might weigh myself tomorrow 🙂 but I don’t want to find that the long fasts of this week have made no difference so maybe I’ll wait a few more days!

• posted by Dreamscometrue
    on

Oh Mariet! Huge congratulations on your beautiful new grandson. Wonderful news. I’m so sorry that your daughter had such a rough time though. I hope that all of you get plenty of chance to rest and recover over the next few days. But lovely news and sending love to you all X

• posted by ClarinetCathy
    on

Congratulations Mariet on the safe arrival of your lovely new grandson. I am so happy for you. It must have been very upsetting for you being an experienced midwife seeing your daughter having a difficult labour. Glad mum and baby are both doing well. Now that your little grandson is here you will be able to relax a little and can give yourself time to get back to healthy eating. Don’t worry about the scales! I think we give them too much power!

Dawn – it’s going to be so exciting to see your dad but at the same time I am sure it will be very emotional. I am thinking about you. I am planning to see my son at the end of the month and I can’t wait. Such a lot to look forward to after such a difficult time for us all. Happy Birthday!

SueBlue- you’ll soon be at your low weight again very soon. Thank you for your kind words.

Yowser, this forum is a big part of my life and I won’t be going anywhere. I will be shuffling along with you all because my journey hasn’t ended and I want to be part of everyone’s journey.

• posted by florob85
    on

Hi Jivers

I’ve been a bit absent recently, started moonwalking I think rather than jiving. Been a rough few weeks emotionally and I’m struggling to stop comfort eating but I’m trying to take things a day at a time.

Congratulations Mariet on your new grandson, how lovely!

Happy birthday Dawn and how great about seeing your Dad, I’m going to a spa with a friend in two weeks and we haven’t done it in over a year and I can’t wait.

Sorry for anyone else’s news I’ve missed while I’ve been in the wilderness!

Lauren x

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Happy Birthday DAWN! I think it’s today?…🥳
    And MARIET massive congratulations to you and DD on the birth of yr grandson. Welcome to the world,baby boy!💙
    LAUREN I love the names of the baby guineapigs! 💕
    Weekends just round the corner folks,dance yourselves dizzy!X and always remember the words of Van Gogh…
    “Great things are done by a series of small things brought together”

• posted by ADD6605
    on

Hi everyone,this is the first chance I’ve had to look at the forum today,thank you all so much for your birthday wishes😀I’ve had a lovely day,popped to see my mum this morning then some friends came round late morning for a garden visit and stayed until it was time for me to do the school run.MARIETthat’s wonderful news about your new grandson!Sorry it sounds like your daughter had a rough time bless her but it’s good to hear they are both well.Thanks CATHY I’m so looking forward to seeing my dad😀 and I bet it will be lovely for you to see your son,it’s hard to believe so many people have been apart for so long.WENDY your shoulder sounds so painful,I hope physio helps.LAUREN a spa trip sounds just what is needed after this last year,I hope you and your friend have a fab time.I too am a comfort eater and haven’t managed to conquer it yet so will be reading everyone else’s tips too!The guinea pigs sound so cute,we had various ones for about 8 years whilst DD was growing up and they were all gorgeous🐹(that may be a hamster emoji but closest I could find! ) YOWSER the orange penguins sound nice,I had some orange Galaxy today🤫Definitely over indulged a lot today but still have every intention of getting stuck in properly from tomorrow🤞One of my birthday presents was an Etsy voucher and I’ve just been on the website to spend it,I spent it on a food planner and fitness planner so at least my intentions are good😃I do already have a Fast800 food planner but I prefer planners with spiral spine which are easy to keep open at a particular page so that’s what I’ve ordered.I will weigh and measure myself tomorrow and concentrate mostly on keeping my carbs low for the first few weeks then concentrate on lower calories too from then on.Good luck everyone.Dawn X

• posted by Au secours
    on

I have not posted for months and during that time I have gained 20lbs due to lockdown indulgences. I had given up eating anything with sugar but I started baking again which I hadn’t done for years. Consequently I am disgusted with how easily I succumbed to the carb monster. I am now in the situation where I only have one pair of jeans which I can zip up over a very rounded tummy. However I have finally come to my senses and will be restricting carbs until I am once again slim instead of a little chubby person. Why do I constantly sabotage myself when I know I will regain the lbs which I had successfully dropped with careful carb counting? Today is the first day of the rest of my life and I am determined that I will stay on plan until I reach my goal of losing 20lbs. I would like to accomplish that as fast as possible but will be happy if I can achieve it in 20 weeks. I find the forum very motivating and plan to post and read every day. Good luck everyone on our journey to Slimtown. Riva 😎

• posted by florob85
    on

Riva, hi!

Just wanted to send a big hug, I’ve been struggling too but I don’t think there’s any point beating ourselves up, and we have to be kind to ourselves and think about everything that’s happened this year. I work with healthcare students, but I’ve been “lucky” and not been directly affected by COVID in terms of losing anyone or working on the front lines, but it’s still affected me! It’s been over a year now of constant stress, worry, change of routine, uncertainty, scary things happening and it takes a toll on all of us, in the healthcare sector we are preparing for a massive crisis in mental health as we recover from this – and I’m already seeing it in my students, so I think the key message is ok, you’ve made a few stumbles the last year, but it’s been insanely hard for all of us and we’ve all done the best we can in the circumstances, you’ve refocused, come back and started again – that’s the main thing. It’s the journey we should be proud of and the determination to keep getting back up each time we stumble, and not the result or perfection etc!

Lauren x

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Hi AU SECOURS! Don’t worry,we’ve all been there,or are right there at this very moment. Dont beat yrself up.
    I keep failing then trying again. I ask myself why I self sabotage. I chase my Carb Monster but she’s sly and sneaks back. I can’t quite believe how or why I’ve allowed myself to chub up again.
    But as long as we pick ourselves up,dust ourselves down and get back onto the dance floor, we live to jive another day!X
    Anyone want to join me in a Highland Fling?Gay Gordons ? Hoots mon! How about a singsong too.
    🎶🎶🎶 “ Oh you cannae shove your Granny off the bus,
    You cannae shove yr Granny off the bus!
    Ye cannae shove your Granny,
    Coz she’s your Mammy’s Mammy,
    Ye cannae shove your Granny off the bus! 🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶
    Have a groovy week everyone xxxx 🥰

• posted by Au secours
    on

Hello Yowzer, Thanks for your encouragement. I am so glad that yesterday I returned to this forum. It has definitely helped me to recover my motivation and determination to fight the Carb Monster. I don’t eat big meals but graze all afternoon and evening after my evening meal. I thought I had cured myself of self sabotaging until the pandemic reared its ugly head and then I once more started indulging in all those snacks so obviously I am once again no longer the slim person that I had fought so long to become with lots of lovely clothes which now show all those extra lbs I have gained.
    However, back to coffee for breakfast this morning and determination to stay op.. I know I can do this if I really try and I will do it.
    I would love to join you in a jive or some Scottish country dancing. Let’s do it. I often sing ye canny shove yer granny aff the bus….. to my grandchildren 😁. Have a good op day. I know I will. Riva 🌝

on

Riva welcome to our merry band! You’re in very good company here, as you’re already discovering 😉 Hello to everyone else reading this too.

It seems as if we’ve all been flagging a bit recently, although some of that is positive in that it has enabled us to find different ways of moving forward, which is great. As many have said, the key thing in the current climate is to look after our bodies well and be kind to ourselves.

I still want to get to my goal by early July as I have wedding dress shopping to do! I was doing so well, had lost a few pounds and inches and really felt I was nearly there – only 3lb off goal about three weeks ago. And then got derailed by various circumstances. But I’m still feeling motivated and positive. I do want to get there, yes, but am much less impacted by the inevitable setbacks that come our way. So for me it’s just a case of plodding on.

And believe it or not, we still have almost 8 weeks till our finish date of 4th July and a lot can happen in that time. I’m actually going up north on 30th June to see my elderly mother – finally! I’m waiting till fully vaccinated and (hopefully?!) all UK restrictions lifting. So will finish my jive then – and hopefully not undo all my good work whilst I’m up there!

Have a good week everyone X

• posted by Au secours
    on

Thanks Dreams come true for your welcome. I have been inspired and motivated to plod along till I achieve my goal. It is frustrating when you are nearly at your goal, but you have a great attitude to setbacks, which I want to emulate. You have a great incentive with wedding dress shopping to inspire you, so good hunting for the outfit.
    Have a good op day and week. Riva 😎

• posted by SueBlue
    on

Hello all, just checking in, with a reminder to all those struggling that slow and steady wins the race 🙂
    I’d had a few ordinary weeks with some small gains and slow losses but had a ‘Whoosh’ over the weekend with a 1.5kg loss compared to last week 🙂 I’m now at my lowest weight since September 2018, and just 4.4kg away from my July goal.
    I’m not getting too excited yet – from experience the way my body works is that I’ll have a whoosh and a new low weight, then my weight will go back up again and then gradually I’ll get back to that new lower weight (this can take 2-3 weeks), which my body then accepts! Then the whole process starts again. Still I’ve now lost 7.7kg since 1 Jan, so getting there.
    I’ve been a member of My Fitness Pal now for 10 years and was scrolling through my progress weigh ins on the weekend, I weigh the same now as I did 9 years ago. I’m still overweight of course, but it cheered me up to think I’m the same weight at 55 as I was at 46 🙂
    Keep going everyone, we still have time to dance to our July goals 💃💃💃

• posted by Au secours
    on

I had a very good op day yesterday which was very satisfying as I did not eat a single thing which contained sugar. From past experience I know that one taste is enough to put me back on the rollercoaster of indulging in more and more carbs. That is why I am now plump again. However, my commitment to losing 20 lbs helped me to avoid the carb monster. This journey is all about decisions – the right decisions, i.e. don’t self sabotage.
    I have been invited to an anniversary party in mid July which is an excellent incentive to help me to resist the carb monster. Have a great op day everyone. 👍

• posted by Au secours
    on

Good morning fellow jivers. Another op day yesterday which I believe is due to participating in this forum. I anticipate that when I weigh in next Monday I will have lost the pound which I want to lose every week. I have not been tempted to eat sugary carbs which are the bane of my life. Have a good lc day everyone. Riva 🌝

on

Hi Riva. It sounds like you are doing really well. I hope that when Monday comes it’s more than one pound that is on its way! I must admit I worried when I saw “another op day” in your last couple of posts, was thinking you were having a medical procedure . . . . then realised you mean on plan :). Well done, and keep going.

Hope everyone else is ok? I’m doing fine here, just very busy and have taken my eye off the ball a bit. Tomorrow I get my second jab, so after that will hopefully start getting back on track again!

Love to all X

• posted by Au secours
    on

Hi DCT, Thanks for your response. (No medical procedure 🌝). I am really surprised at how my determination hasn’t weakened. Yesterday and today have been op too. I can feel the difference in my jeans already. I have been struggling to fasten the button at my waist but yesterday and today it was a lot easier! There is no doubt about, it, being on this forum has definitely kept me from straying when the carb monster has called for me to self-sabotage. I will keep going and am so looking forward to the day when I reach my goal of losing 20lbs.

I hope you get your eye back on the ball after your second jab. 🤞

We can do it. Love and hugs to my fellow jivers. Riva 😎

on

Hi Sue thank you for that article, really helpful. Just for info for those who’ve not read it, it refers to the fact that our body has a set point ie a certain weight it expects us to be at, and when we lose weight it needs time to reset that before we can continue losing weight again, hence the plateau. But do give it a read, as it explains it much better than me 😉

Sue I meant to say well done on your previous post when you said you are now at your lowest weight since September 2018. That’s great!

Another thing the article mentioned is how so many people lose weight quickly then put it all back on again because their bodies have not adjusted to the new set point. Which on the one hand is disheartening, but on the other elicits a big WELL DONE to everyone on here who has lost weight and managed to keep at least some of it off long term. That is a real achievement. And if you’re reading this and have lost weight but it’s all now back, well you’ve proved that you can do it, so it’s definitely possible to do it again.

I’ve been on this journey a long time, and am not very far from goal. But the thing that’s made a huge difference for me in the past few months is exercise. At the moment I’m hardly doing anything at all due to a combination of work, injury and weather. And I’m really missing it. A couple of pounds have snuck back on and I’m feeling sluggish. I have my second Covid jab today then a very busy weekend – catching up with work, going out for a meal with friends, then entertaining family – but really must start getting more active again as from next week.Will keep you posted!!

Dawn did you manage to see your Dad on Wednesday? Hope so, and that all is well.

Cathy when do you see your son?

Hope everyone else is ok. Do post and let us know how you’re doing.

Have a great weekend everyone X

• posted by Au secours
    on

Thanks SueBlue for your comment. It is so encouraging when jeans begin to feel looser and a much better feeling than the few minutes or seconds when munching some sweet treat which you were tempted to eat. I must always keep that thought in mind when thinking of self-sabotaging. It is just not worth it!!
    The article was an interesting read, and I must strive to reach a lower set point and stay there. I was always slim, in fact underweight, when in my teens and early twenties but gained lbs quickly after marrying a sugarholic. My whole diet changed to one of sweets, cakes, biscuits and desserts, after my healthy meals. I know it is pointless to ask myself why I did that. However I have now escaped from the Carb Monster who is always in my cupboards. I look forward to the day when I will once again look in the mirror and see a slim person again. I know it can be done and I will just do it.
    Have a good day everyone. Riva🌝

• posted by ADD6605
    on

Hi everyone,having bit of a mixed week food wise but haven’t have anything to eat today yet so will take the time to make a filling,healthy lunch.Hi DCT,unfortunately I didn’t get to see my dad on Wednesday night☹️ My sister and I turned up,had our covid tests and waited in car for half an hour for results.My dad’s main carer came to visiting room and said he was trying to get my dad to come down from his room but he had a bit of an upset stomach and didn’t want to see anyone.Bless him,with his dementia he obviously won’t have a clue that I’ve been waiting to see him for a year.It was obviously very disappointing but we have made an appointment to see him again.Not seeing my dad has been the hardest part of the pandemic for us,he didn’t go into a home until it had already started but I would imagine in normal times we would be able to visit him in his room whenever we liked,there is so much that has to be taken into account at the moment which makes things so difficult.
    I’m enjoying reading about everyone’s brilliant successes on the forums and sending love to all who are having difficult times.Dawn X

on

Hello Jivers

Sorry that your trip to see your dad was so disappointing Dawn. We had a similar experience on Monday with my mother in law who has dementia. We were all ready to go and then we had a phone call to say she didn’t want visitors. I think it would be best that next time we are going we will just turn up spontaneously. Dementia patients get worked up with change. Hope your trip this week works out better for you. It’s so difficult isn’t it. I am going to London hopefully next Friday to see my son. I am praying that the North West doesn’t end up locked down again due to the variant of concern in Bolton which is 17 miles from where we live. Had an appointment at the hospital today for orthotics to wear in my shoes and hopefully they will help my sore toes when they’re made. Felt so grateful to the NHS. Had my hair done today and am seeing my youngest son and his wife tomorrow for my retirement meal (one year late) and the they’re coming back to our house to watch the Eurovision! Cant wait! Monty my lockdown rescue cat isn’t going to be very impressed when he realises other people exist. He is scared of his own shadow! He has only ever seen me and my husband! Poor Monty. My lovely neighbour is going to feed him and play with him when we go away next weekend.
    DCT- I am glad you answered my question re OP. I couldn’t work out what Riva meant by OP and even googled it but it didn’t say On Plan it said original poster so I was really confused and knew it wouldn’t be that.

Now to food!
    I am currently having a “rest” from strict dieting. I am weighing every week and I am 1lb heavier this week than last! I don’t want to get out of control! My 60th birthday plan of being at goal won’t be happening but I am happy with myself for the time being, adjusting to my osteoporosis medication which I think has given me gastritis and so I don’t always feel hungry and have stomach ache so that needs addressing next week and for the time being I am happy to be as sensible as I can be.

Well done to those in the zone – I’ll get there one day! To those who are struggling like me- let’s just keep doing our best every day. We have had a tough old year and we aren’t out of the woods yet. Still, we have lots to look forward to!
    Keeeeeep jiiiiiiving!

• posted by ADD6605
    on

Hi Cathy,I’m sorry your visit to m-I-l didn’t go ahead either.I really hope you get to see your son next week.Fingers crossed there are no more lockdowns needed.Dawn X

• posted by Au secours
    on

Hi everyone , I have managed to be on plan from Monday but out for lunch and afternoon tea today, Saturday, and hoping people won’t notice that I am not eating carbs as I don’t want to waste 5 days of successfully fighting the carb monster . Have a good day fellow jivers. Riva 😎

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Hi Jolly Jiveees! Lovely to read everyone’s notes!
    SUEBLUE how lovely to get a whoosh …and well deserved! It feels like Christmas when a wonderful whoosh moment comes! X and many thanks for that useful link!
    AU SECOURS hope Saturday went ok and well done on your resolve to keep low carb!👏👏xx hope you got a cheering result with today’s weigh in.
    CCATHY How did yr retirement meal go? How did Monty cope? Lovely that you have an exciting weekend coming up!
    So sorry CATHY and DAWN that care home visits didn’t go ahead. ❤️ So disappointing for you.Better luck next time,hopefully.X
    DCT how are you after vax? Hope yr weekend plans went well xx
    Well another week begins, folks,let’s all do our very best to make the most of it!
    Take your partners for the next dance….Foxtrot,samba,rumba,twist,shake,or gangam style! The choice is yours!🥰 xx

• posted by Au secours
    on

Yowzer I did get a cheering result. I lost 2 lbs after a slight deviation on Saturday. I managed to avoid most carbs apart from a teeny bit of potato which I didn’t even enjoy eating but was more or less forced to accept even although I kept saying no thanks. Anyway I am happy with my loss which proves I can do it if I stay on plan.
    I will continue to jive to Rock around the clock so that another pound will disappear by next Monday.
    Enjoy the jive everyone. Riva 😎

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

That deserves a round of applause AU SECOURS 👏👏👏 very well done on yr loss! It’s irritating when people ( albeit well meaning) try to force food on you! X

• posted by Au secours
    on

Many thanks Yowzer for your post. Had another on plan today. The encouragement I receive from the forum is very motivating and helps to keep me from self sabotaging. Riva🌝

• posted by ADD6605
    on

Hello fellow jivers 💃 I haven’t been doing too well recently food wise so really need to try to knuckle down a bit.Going to start planning weekly meals again from tomorrow which really helps me and adding a bit of exercise.I’m back to wearing the same handful of clothes which I can comfortably fit into whilst my other clothes hang with tags still on some of them and I generally feel unhealthy.I’m going to start a new sparkly chart for the fridge door for the last 6 weeks of our Jive.Dawn X

• posted by LindaandHubby
    on

Hi All,
    We’re both still here, although for both of us it’s been REALLY slow after the first 1 stone loss. In the last 7 weeks we’ve only lost about 5lb each. Well, I have as can’t get hubby on the scales as he’s been having a LOT of trouble standing (Syncopies). He’s also been pretty poorly with a chest infection so 3 lots of antibiotics & finally some Steroids to go with them. He’s just finished the last prescriptions & he’s still not right. I’ve been really trying to keep myself on the BSD plan BUT it seems like our bodies need to adjust for our ‘new weight’ & maybe going onto a keto diet with a higher calorie count & a little higher carb count, instead of 20max – to include fruits (which we’re missing) might be a good step?

I’ve been a little busier looking after hubby, haven’t read too much of forums & was hoping I would have better results to post. Going to try & keep in Ketosis – it looks like we can both get up to 30-35carbs & still keep in ketosis & we’ll probably continue the 16.8 approach with just 2 meals a day as it suits us.

Lauren I read a couple of your posts, have a hug girl! Can I ask if you’ve ever come across ‘Tapping’ or EFT with Gary Craig? It’s a wonderful way of eliminating stress. When we used to do complimentary therapy shows I used it on people who were totally stressed, often in tears & more often than not within 10mins they’d be laughing. It’s been so long now since I used it I’m very rusty, otherwise I’d offer to help you. It’s very easy to learn to do alongside Gary Craig in ‘borrowing benefits’ – Tapping on your own CUT DOWN issues to 1 event as he guides someone else through it. Have a look. He has improved EFT now with the ‘unseen therapist’ – which has me mind boggled BUT his old borrowing benefits still works well. Go to Gary’s website as he’s the BEST – some people who are vastly followed, are in my book, pretty bad at EFT. Gary’s own borrowing benefits can be found somewhere on you tube BUT it’s best if you follow his tapping points first.
    https://www.emofree.com/articles-ideas/general-ideas/borrowing-benefits-on-tv-article.html

Take care all – have to see if hubby is finally awake & if he needs food. See you all sometime as not coming off keto for quite a while, if ever, hopefully.

Ooh I did Chicken Tikka Masala using Sharwoods’ Paste. It’s hard to find this scrumptious paste but Asda & Morrisons do a few now (morrisons are cheaper). It’s the perfect taste & not too high on carbs. This paste we try to take over to US when we go to see family – the girls think I’m a very good cook. PMSL. Did it with cauli rice & it was what we’ve been missing for 3 months, within carbs too! Yay!

• posted by Au secours
    on

Been jiving on plan to next Monday where I hope to have lost another pound to hit my target of 1 pound a week till those excess 20 lbs have melted away. Hope everyone else is enjoying their journey to Slimtown. Can’t wait to get there. Have a great on plan day. 😎

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Hiiiii everyone! Have been internet ing less,moving more..turning into a bit of a wallflower for the weekend tho,have hung up my dancing slippers for a few days to enjoy a few bank holiday snaxidents!
    I’ll be back jiving and jitterbugging like mad on Tuesday! Love to all and enjoy yr weekends! 🌻💕🌻💕🌻💕🌻💕🌻

on

Hi Yowzer, lovely to hear from you. Enjoy your weekend.

I too have been “Internetting” less as busy times. So apologies to everyone I’ve not responded to. I read all your posts and love sharing your life stories. But have been doing extra work and also actually starting to get round to organising my wedding!! It’s been on hold for so long cos of you know what ….

But I’m delighted to report good news in terms of weight loss. About a month ago I’d got down to 137lb, dipping into the 136’s. Then when I did my back in it all crept up again. Well anyway, this week I’m back to that happy place again. No idea why – am sitting drinking Prosecco as we speak. All I can think is that my body is now at a new set weight after months of effort.

I don’t know if I’ll get to the nirvana of 133lb by the end of our journey. 4weeks left, and we all now know that weight loss is not linear 🙀 But even if I can maintain where I am now, I’ll be pleased.

Happy weekend everyone X

• posted by florob85
    on

Hi jivers, I’ve not been posting much either, I’m going to have to reassess my goal for this challenge – I’d said 21lb but that’s not going to happen. I’ve been dealing with huge stress at work coinciding with resurgence of PTSD symptoms so I’ve been a bit out in the wilderness. So my new target is just to get back on track by July

Well done to everyone who is doing great, hugs to all that need them!

Lauren xx

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Hiiiii there DCT and LAUREN! ( waves!)
    Sending hugs Lauren,so sorry you’re having a stressful time,I hope it passes and you’re being supported,and that you’re being kind to yourself XX
    DCT lovely news re weight loss and wedding plans XX!
    Thought for next weeks jivers,twisters, and rock n rollers…I’m really gonna keep this in mind…
    “ Whether you think you can,or think you can’t,you’re right “ XX

on

Hello everyone – it’s lovely to be in London with my eldest son who I haven’t seen for 15 months. The weather is beautiful for the bank holiday weekend. I have had to stop my medication due to gastric problems So am taking a month break until gastritis settles and then will try another tablet. in the meantime my GP has referred me to the osteoporosis clinic for consideration of an infusion. I am keen to get back to being on plan so when I get home tomorrow I am going to eat very sensibly after a few weeks off plan. I have enjoyed feeling “free” to choose what I want to eat and it will be interesting to weigh myself before embarking on a strict few weeks ahead. I have got a three month job working at the local vaccination centre so am starting that next week. Nervous but excited! I am looking forward to helping out and paying back- I feel so grateful for having had my Covid vaccine I am due to have my second vaccine next weekend. Well done to everyone who is seeing results and a big hug to those who are struggling. once again, things haven’t gone to plan but I feel in a good place and feel positive.

• posted by Au secours
    on

Hi fellow jivers. A disappointing result for me this week althoughI did stay on plan. I didn’t lose my targeted pound🥲
    I have awful constipation probably because of my low consumption of carbs. I will have to take a laxative tonight so hope that solves the problem. I will, however, continue on plan as I am determined to reach my goal of losing 20lbs.
    I hope everyone had more success than me this week. 😎

on

Hello jivers

I am back from seeing my son in London and raring to eat healthily! It was wonderful to see him and hug him. Am Starting my temporary job at a new vaccination centre this week so hopefully that will make things easier for me. I have got six weeks until my trip to a Ragdale Hall and I want to feel good about myself when I go and not squeezing into my swimsuits! Have let myself down a little over the last few weeks but I will soon be back on track. Well done DCT, you’re almost at your goal- how fantastic. I am as far away from mine as I have been in a long time but I hope to get myself in a better place soon. Today is a reboot for me and I am going to be strict. How many times have I been here? Here I go again!

• posted by Jennie10
    on

Hi everyone
    I’ve tried twice this year to come back to the forum, posted once or twice and then left. I’ve been feeling quite down since my brother’s death at the end of last year, & what with covid restrictions etc, I’ve just been hibernating at home.
    Anyway, I had my 2nd jab almost 2 weeks ago, the weather is beautiful, and so I think it’s a good time to get back into the BSD way of life. I’m not going to set any targets for now, just get back into the swing of things and stay on here until the end of the trip!

I’ll spend some time today catching up with all your posts and catch up with you all later.

Cathy, how fantastic to have seen your son. Hope the Vac Centre job is going well.
    Jennie xx

on

Hi Jennie and welcome back to the forum. It’s lovely to see you back again and I am so sorry that you’ve been feeling down which is not surprising given what you’ve had to deal with this last year. It sounds like you might be ready to turn a corner so it’s good that you’ve found us again. Like you, I’ve not done well over the last year with lots of downs and not too many ups. It was so lovely to see my son at the weekend and that was definitely an up and he looked well and was happy. My first shift at the vaccination centre was cancelled this morning at 7 am which was disappointing but it’s only just opened and maybe a slow start! Once they open up the next cohort of patients for booking I am sure it will get busy!

I am not making any progress whatsoever re weight loss and so like you I am trying to focus for the next six weeks before I go away with two friends for a spa break which is well overdue!!! To be honest, if I lose just a few pounds then I will be happy with that. My body is being difficult and I am fed up of feeling a failure! I am not weighing but am using my clothes as a guide!

We know what to do but I think my body is so used to this WOE that it doesn’t respond as well as it did back in 2017. Welcome back and keep us informed of your journey. Onwards and downwards everyone!

• posted by florob85
    on

Hi Jennie and ClarinetCathy

Jennie welcome back

I just wanted to say to both of you please be kind to yourselves, and everyone actually be kind to yourself, this has been such a hard year and lots of people are struggling for many many reasons – myself included- and I well empathise with the “I’m a failure” feeling, but we have to try and have some compassion for ourselves because if we don’t then how can we expect others to have compassion for us? I’m beating back the I’m a failure feeling on a daily basis at the moment so I know how it feels, but I’m trying to remind myself that I’m not a failure, I’m just struggling a bit and actually by recognising that I’m not failing, I’m trying!

Much love to all jivers who are struggling with anything right now, give yourselves time to be ok, recognise it’s ok to not be ok, and recognise that not being ok doesn’t mean you are a failure, it means you’re not ok!

Love Lauren x

• posted by SueBlue
    on

Hello Jivers, I’ve been a bit of a wallflower these last couple of weeks, standing around the edge of the dance floor but not joining in! However with July being just a few weeks away now I’m strapping on my dance shoes and getting back out there! 👯‍♀️ 💃
    Jennie – lovely to see you back. I agree with Lauren that you need to be kind to yourself, especially after such a tough year x
    Cathy – I was so happy to read about your trip away to see your son, and your new job! How exciting!
    DCT – well done on your recent success and good luck with your wedding planning 🙂
    I’ve had mixed success in May, I did have a whoosh and a big loss mid-month and got down to my lowest weight in almost 3 years, but then dropped the ball and have put some back on, so my overall loss for May was 1kg. My clothes are noticeably loser though, I was out with my husband yesterday and had to keep stopping to pull up my jeans. He said I should buy a new pair but I want to lose a few more kilos before buying any new clothes, so I’ll just make sure I wear a belt in future!
    We’ve had a busy few weeks as my MIL has had a couple of falls so it’s been back and forth to the Hospital and doctors with her. She’s ok now, so time to refocus on my health and well being!
    I’m going to get back on track, starting today by clearing out my fridge, drawing up a meal plan and shopping and cooking this weekend so I’m all set for next week. There’s still 4 weeks left in our Jive to July challenge, so enough time to make a difference 🙂

• posted by ADD6605
    on

Hi everyone,sorry I haven’t posted for a while.Well and truly fell off the dance floor and snapped the heels of my dance shoes whilst eating copious amounts of rubbish but hopefully that’s behind me now.I have still been reading posts daily(Cathy I’m so pleased you got to see your son,I saw my Dad last night and was very emotional when I got home) I think I’m just going to aim for 4/5 days on plan this coming week,I know I’m best sticking 100% to the food plan but realistically think I can’t start that until Thursday so will just try to minimise going off plan in the meantime.Hope everyone has a good day/evening.Dawn X

• posted by JGwen
    on

Hi guys,

I have been AWOL for a few weeks. I have been sharing living accommodation with a group of people who are all heavy carb eaters, with 4 or 5 loaves of attractive bread, chocolate biscuits, group meals being cooked and the occasional sociable beer or two. Slight increase in waistline, but i think its all part of normal life.

Life is about to change again, with hopefully being able to reopen my holiday let for the school summer holidays, so back to lots of physical work and not sharing accommodation with others. So in another week will be back on the wagon full time.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Hiii everyone,sorry haven’t been around but have been reading everyone’s posts as they’ve dropped into my inbox.
    Feel Ive been doing well this last week and seem to be coping without indulging in snaxidents etc. Looking slimmer and hoping to keep going! Good luck everybody,we can do it! Every day is a new opportunity!
    Keep whirling and twirling around the ballroom as we waltz,tango and foxtrot our way to Fourth of July!xxxxx
    Ps! I wonder if our DCT has any ideas for us for another challenge after 4 th July?XX🥳🌸🌻🥳

on

Hello everyone and lovely to catch up with all your news.

Welcome back Jennie, I was wondering how you were getting on so it’s good to hear from you. I agree with Lauren about being kind to yourself, just enjoy being back with us again and take things steadily. Nice to see you too Lauren!

Cathy hope the job is going well? I’m so excited you finally got to see your son. And Dawn your Dad!

JGwen it’s great to see you back again too as I’d noticed you’d gone very quiet. It sounds like you’ve been having a great time without too much collateral damage! And it’s such a relief that you can soon get your business up and running again.

Sue Blue, how is your MIL doing? It’s great that you are continuing to make progress: you will definitely need new jeans soon! I look forward to hearing about your meal plans as I always find your food choices creative and inspirational.

Yowzer, glad you are getting into the groove again and picking up the pace. Hope all is going well for you generally.

I’m doing ok, still maintaining around 137/138 but don’t think I’ll make my 133 goal by 4th July. But getting closer slowly and gradually. I will actually stop this challenge on Weds 30th June as I’m off up north then to see my mum at last. So I have 3 weeks to hopefully shed one or even two more pounds if I really go for it I guess. But I’m also feeling much more relaxed and laid back, which I think is the vibe on here at the moment. The sun is shining, there’s lots going on, and I just want to take things easy when I get the chance and not be obsessing with scales and measures.

Yowzer you mentioned another challenge which would be great. If people want one, would anyone else be able to set it up for us as I’ll be away as Jive to July ends? 3 month periods seem to work quite well I think, so maybe something taking us to the end of September (which then leaves us the option of another 3 month one up to Christmas . . . aaargh!!!).

Anyway everyone have a think about what we’d like to do?

Have a great week everyone, and keep posting X

• posted by ADD6605
    on

Thanks DCT,hope you have a lovely time with your Mum! Dawn X

• posted by Jennie10
    on

Hi everyone
    Late again, sorry. Thanks for all the lovely welcomes back/welcome backs ?!?!?
    Mariet – I know I’m late but huge congratulations to you and your daughter. That is such lovely news about the birth of your grandson. I hope you’re allowed (not sure how it’s going covid-wise in Australia right now?) to give him lots of cuddles. There’s nothing like the smell of a new baby is there. I hope your daughter is fully recovered from her labour ordeal (and you!).
    SueBlue – sorry to hear about your MIL but it’s good to hear she’s OK now. Hope you managed to get all your food prepared at the weekend and this week is going well and as planned. Oh, and I hope you remember to wear that belt!
    Dawn – I’m so glad that you were able to see your Dad – it’s not surprising that you felt so emotional afterwards xx. Anyway, I noticed you mentioned you’re getting back to it on Thursday, so how went the day?
    Lauren – thanks for your lovely and supportive response. It really gave me a boost. Also, I just wanted to say that as a young woman (I’m in my mid-60s now) I had PTSD. It was horrendous. Knowing what a struggle it was for me I’m really glad you have support (my mistake was hiding things). That takes strength and guts. I admire you for it. xxx
    JGwen – glad to see you back posting. Hopefully, everything will open up smoothly for you. Are you the Welsh side of the border or English, I can’t remember? I really like Mark Drakeford so hopefully things will be good to go. It’ll be good to see you posting again. I’ve got some great info and links from your posts.
    DCT – Hope you’re still feeling more relaxed and laid back and thanks for the advice; it’s really appreciated. I think just being on here more regularly with something to report would do me good. It’s smashing to hear you’ll be seeing your Mum soon. We’re hoping our youngest will be doing a similar trip within the next couple of weeks. Fingers crossed for both.
    CC – that spa trip sounds great – what a treat. You should definitely be able to lose a few pounds by then. Hope the Vaccination Centre job is going well.
    Au Secour, Yowser, LindaandHubby, Riva – hope things are going well for all of you. Yowser – nice to hear you ’re looking slimmer and feeling well.
    So, I’ve made a start, planned meals for half the week, stuck to those meals for half the week; started the week doing 10,000 steps and tapered off. Still a start! Also, I had my annual diabetic check this week and my feet and eyes are all good (poor eyesight but good eyes he said – strange compliment! I was delighted!).
    We have our first trip away today since I don’t know when. Just 3 days but hopefully we’ll do a lot of walking which will set me up nicely for next week. See everyone on Tuesday.
    Have a great weekend.
    Jennie xx

Please log in or register to post a reply.