I started on Friday ๐Ÿ™‚

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by MissZiggy
    on

I have read the book and started the diet on Friday. So far so good but I am a little worried about what I can eat as a mid morning snack when I am at work. I wake at 5:45 for work, eat breakfast and by 10:30 I am hungry and usually eat a cereal bar and fruit during my tea break. What could I eat instead of my usual snack mid morning!

Ps if anyone else has started at the same time as me I would love a BSD buddy to keep me motivated.

ZIggy

• posted by Meeshe42
    on

Hi Ziggy

I started last tuesday and so far so good. I have been hungry at times but I have drank lots more water and different herbal teas which has definitely helped. Also, my snack is nuts – I usually have 20g and this helps for that mid-morning hunger (I have mine around 4pm).

If you like eggs they are a good breakfast choice which keep you full for longer.

I have had a few headaches but after 2 days they have gone. I feel so much better as I am a carb addict!!

Good luck.

Meeshe

• posted by Igorasusual
    on

Hi there!

As you stop eating refined carbs for breakfast (ie no cereals) you will find you don’t get the blood sugar “spike” and then fall away to get the “munchies” at 10.30am. I know this sounds ridiculous but it’s true.

So you may find you will be able to eat a good BSD breakfast and go straight through to lunch.

However Meeshe is right that a (very) few nuts should be good as a snack – be very careful as they are very calorific! Don’t whatever you do eat handfuls.

Eat them nice and slowly – with a drink! – and they will fill you up.

But I bet you will look back on this post in a few days and think “I didn’t believe I wouldn’t need elevenses- but it’s right, I don’t!”

I’m on maintenance now and generally don’t have breakfast at all – drink my coffee and go straight through to lunchtime. Today (Sunday) I had 2 cups of coffee and walked 8.5 miles before eating. See how you feel – you may be surprised how your body changes.

Good luck! ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by Fairyface
    on

Miss Ziggy there is a lst October starter Group. Come on over. ๐Ÿ™‚

Please log in or register to post a reply.