Help!

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Banana
    on

Hello everyone!

I started on 29 August and so far have been doing well and lost almost 1 stone and a half (2 and a half stone to go). The last 2 weeks have been very slow with weight loss, only 2 pounds total. However today hunger struck me and I have gone nuts and eaten a piece of sourdough toast and TWO bagels. Will this have a big affect on my weight loss so far? Any tips to help get back on motivation and get over the plateau?

Thanks!

• posted by Igorasusual
    on

What a good lesson, Banana!

You think you’ve got things sorted and then BAM the carb mobster grabs you when you are least expecting it ๐Ÿ™

Get right back on that wagon – don’t worry, you won’t have put back on all your hard-earned losses.

What made the carb monster get control suddenly – can you learn from what happened so you can avoid it in future? Did you have a drink handy?

But in general join rest of us. We all fail as we are human. But the best thing is that you are getting right back on the wagon and that is a fantastic success!!! Well done!!!

Good luck and onwards and downwards! ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by Igorasusual
    on

And re the slow weight loss – SEARCH Plateaus and see how many people go through them

Are you MEASURING??

Because often you start getting rid of visceral fat round your middle whilst the weight stays level. Do you have target clothes? Are your jeans looser?

This is really really common. Search and see.

Keep the faith. It will happen!! ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by Meeshe42
    on

Sometimes people plateau if you they do not vary meals? Another thing is start writing down all what you eat as it maybe that you snack and don’t realise. Maybe add in some exercise? Hope that helps?

Please log in or register to post a reply.