Hello :-)

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Lucia
    on

Hi,
    Thinking of doing another thread for beginners. Don’t know what to call it.
    Want it to officially start on 1st Jan.
    But
    I want to start it now, so we can count calories, make a food journal. So we know what we have to change.
    Reducing carbs now, so we can start in earnest in jan.
    Xxxx
    Love Lucia

• posted by Frog
    on

Hi Everyone
    hope that you’re all well – I’m fine and froglet is fine – and enjoying her tree

I just made biscuits for my sisters dog at Christmas – and ate one, it was very nice.
    As a flapjack, not very sticky – but relatively lowish carb compared to a commercial flapjack because no sugar apart from the banana (peanut butter, oats, coconut oil and banana). In a cute bone shape!

Have lovely Christmases!

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Yay FROG! Glad you and Froglet are ok xx
    Oh they sound like great biccies!
    Glad Froglets enjoying her tree! Ziggy was sulky about the tree at first coz it was close to his catflap..but he’s started to like it now,been lying by it / under it a lot today
    Hey i nearly typed flapjack instead of catflap! Even after all these months,still thinkin edible goodies!hehe!
    Merry Crimbo everyone! X

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

Ooh, I might try making some of them for me, they sound great. Have a great Christmas everybody.

• posted by KrysiaD
    on

Frog – its great to hear from you and that both you and Froglet are well.
    My labradors would love the biscuits.

• posted by Frog
    on

Froglet always likes the tree – I put her bed underneath it, then realised she wasn’t using it after a few days – it had filled up with spiky pine needles, so I have to shake out the blanket now! Nearly everytime I get home I find a stray tree decoration that she has liberated – all fully cat proof though. Glad that Ziggy is getting used to his
    I need to work out the nutrition of the biscuits – because I wasn’t making them for me, I just lobbed the stuff in without weighing too carefully, but they are quite small.

• posted by ruthdownunder
    on

Happy Christmas to everyone especially Lucia who started this thread.

And congratulations to all. Sorry I have not been postng.

Ruthxx down under

on

‘No it was Lucky of course but Happy Christmas to all
    Rdu

• posted by Bissell
    on

Merry Christmas Frog! Good to hear from you, I’m glad you and Froglet are well and enjoying life.

And merry Christmas to everyone, thank you all so much for you support, information and comradeship throughout the year.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Merry Twixmas everyone…i LOVE this part of the year..still the festive season but not quite Christmas any more..and a brand New Year on the horizon! hope everyone is happy and well and having a good time xxxxxxxxxxxx

• posted by Frog
    on

Hi Lucky

Halloumi is brilliant, not a really strong flavour, and a texture unlike other cheeses – quite firm, it is brilliant griddled (a favourite lunch when I am working in one office in an area with lots of Greek Cypriot shops and restaurants is griddled halloumi with salad).

Happy Christmas everyone – top tip for not eating tons of nuts – buy them still in the shells!
    So much effort to de-shell them, you will only eat a few, and be very mindful about it, instead munching through a packet.
    I suggested nuts to have with cheese instead of crackers/bread – my sister got nuts with shells on which were great.
    (and I sneaked another of the oat biscuits that I made for her dog, but he did get most of them!)

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

I LOVE halloumi FROG!
    Good idea re nuts in shells…i reckon using the nutcrackers uses up quite a few calories x

• posted by Frog
    on

Hi Yowzer – did you have a good break?
    Froglet’s cat carer was brilliant, and turned up to see her on Christmas and boxing day, but Froglet’s pleased I’m home and very cuddly!

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Yes thanks FROG,wd love to have xmas eve/ day all over again,it was so nice
    Hope you too x glad Froglet was well cared for and is pleased to have you back now!

Ziggys been very good with the Christmas tree until tonight,when he started biffing the baubles.. I think he’s been talking to Froglet ,coz she was attacking the tree wasnt she!

Just finished my last day of 24 weeks BSD! Woooooohoooooooo Last weigh in tomorrow
    A new chapter then begins ! X

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

I finished my 24 week BSD yesterday and in total have lost 4 stone 9 lbs, 65 lbs,not sure what that is in kilos.
    Much improved B pressure and blood sugars,many inches whittled off..i didnt record inch loss but have lost loads from waist,hips,fingers,arms,shoulders,thighs…even my teeth sensitivity has vanished!
    Any newcomers thinking of starting BSD,it works, specially if you have a lot to lose. I could have lost more i am sure,but health and mobility probs mean my ability to exercise is restricted. If youre trying to decide,i say Go for it, i didnt think i could do one week never mind 24, but its very doable with just a little will power. Once you tame your internal Carb Monster,it gets easier! And your Carb Monster very soon goes running away whimpering,never to return! X

• posted by josie53
    on

well done Yowzer, truly amazing, i achieved 3 stone at week 24. I am relaxed a bit and will restart in January. Not gone mad but the odd piece of chocolate and odd potato won’t weigh until January now. Good luck to anyone who is starting now or in the new year have never lost more than half a stone on any diet so this way of eating is wonderful

Hello to Lucky Tokyo and Lucia if you are out there

on

Yowzer, you are our new CaptainLynne. You are a great inspiration – Many many congratulations

• posted by Frog
    on

Hi Yowzer – that is amazing well done
    30 Kilos pretty much (you divide the pounds by 2.2, so 29.54, definite round up to 30!)

I’ve been keeping low carb, but maintained the weight that I’d got to for the last few weeks (months!) – about to restart on 800 again to restart moving down to my target.

• posted by josie53
    on

look forward to seeing you all in the new year when i will pick it all up properly and hopefully down to the next target only another 2 and a 1/2 stone to go plus of course what i have gained over the christmas period.

• posted by Lucia
    on

Hi Jodie 53.

You say hello Lucia if you are out there.
    Sorry, I am not out there but in here.
    Hello.
    Are you ready to start big time on Sunday?
    Start shopping for the right food.
    Throw out the carbs
    Buy a cheap skipping rope from Poundland.
    And promise yourself the best life ever.
    Plan big, start small.
    Just go for it
    Love Lucia
    Xxxx

• posted by josie53
    on

i will be starting again on Monday, not sure about the skipping rope hips not up to it but will try and exercise more, lovely to hear from you. Happy New Year

• posted by greenjanet
    on

Hi there everyone

Yowser great stuff luvvy you are most definitely our go to role model, delighted for your amazing loss.

Well I’m about to seriously restart weighed in today and have put on 6 kilos, soon have that gone, so where’s the thread to join in any suggestions, or is everyone stooping on this one πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒ

Happy BSD new year

• posted by Frog
    on

Hi Everyone

that’s amazing Yowzer – well done

I’m starting again today – v serious 800 and under 50g of carb for a few weeks – and back to recording everything everything again!
    I’d love to know what sort of dip in use apps like FatSecret etc get over the festive period (or is that just me?)

Happy New Year Everyone

• posted by greenjanet
    on

Hi Frog

Glad I’m not the only lapsed peep here, mind you about time I’ve put on 6 k how about you, I maintained for months, then eating the same it started creeping back on and over Christmas, just eat anything. Onwards and downwards huh,
    Jan πŸ™‹πŸ™‹πŸ™‹

• posted by Frog
    on

Oh, that makes me feel better Jan – I also maintained a steady weight for months, but was horrified that I had put back on nearly 4 kilos in a couple of weeks!
    I was actually pretty good on Christmas itself, the last few days have been really rubbish – an entire box of stollen reduced to 30p, and a similarly a chocolate Father Christmas – it was Lindt, but milk chocolate, I felt a bit sick even when I ate it.

I have a fridge full of vegetables and smoked salmon now – and a rather large ham that has mulled fruit in the middle. I just checked and it has 5g of carb per 100g, so not too horrendous.

• posted by greenjanet
    on

Great stuff Frog.

So we are all back on it, courgettii here I come ahhh can’t say I’m going to relish the next couple of weeks, but I need to get a grip, and fall out of love with all the refined carbs again πŸ˜‚ and get back to feeling well again. πŸ™‹

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Hi JAN, FROG and BSD pals old and new….
    Here’s to a positive and happy 2017,losing more unwanted lbs and inches and feeling better every day!
    As Natasha Bedingfield sings in her song Unwritten…
    “Today is where your book begins,The rest is still unwritten!”

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=TtGY4G7II6s

Lyrics :-

I am unwritten
    Can’t read my mind
    I’m undefined

I’m just beginning
    The pen’s in my hand
    Ending unplanned

Staring at the blank page before you
    Open up the dirty window
    Let the sun illuminate the words
    That you could not find

Reaching for something in the distance
    So close you can almost taste it
    Release your inhibitions
    Feel the rain on your skin

No one else can feel it for you
    Only you can let it in
    No one else, no one else
    Can speak the words on your lips

Drench yourself in words unspoken
    Live your life with arms wide open
    Today is where your book begins
    The rest is still unwritten

Oh, oh

I break tradition
    Sometimes my tries
    Are outside the lines

We’ve been conditioned
    To not make mistakes
    But I can’t live that way, no

Staring at the blank page before you
    Open up the dirty window
    Let the sun illuminate the words
    That you could not find

Reaching for something in the distance
    So close you can almost taste it
    Release your inhibitions

Only you can let it in
    No one else, no one else
    To the years where your book begins

Only you can let it in
    No one else, no one else

To the years where your book begins
    The rest is still unwritten

Read more at http://www.songlyrics.com/natasha-bedingfield/unwritten-lyrics/#PA1iXEjQeArx2r8T.99

• posted by greenjanet
    on

Hi Yowser.

Good lyrics, happy new year πŸ™‹

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

For those who like me love love love Total fage full fat yoggies, theyre reduced to Β£ 2 in Tesco right now,per 500 g tub…normally i pay between Β£2.40 – Β£2.59 ..which i find a bit steep,but i remind myself i now pay nothing out for bread and assorted sweet and savoury goodies,and v little on fruit. X

• posted by KrysiaD
    on

Thank you Yowzer – will pop into Tesco. We all love Fage yoghurt in our house (Labradors included) so it will be great to get it on special offer.

You are right about it being a bit pricey – but we are all saving so much because we don’t buy the bad stuff. We actually can’t get over how much lower are shopping bills are now.

• posted by BSD
    on

Icelandic Skyr is another good one is Sainsbury’s at Β£1 at the moment

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Remember that fat is no longer the enemy and it is best to opt for full fat options when it comes to yogurt. Skyre is zero fat and of course the fruit flavoured ones are high in carbs too. One of the best value yogurts is the full fat Greek Yogurt from Lidls, which is Β£1.39 for a litre tub.

• posted by BSD
    on

Skyr Natural isn’t zero fat, it has less than the Greek but also twice as much Protein and half the calories and slightly higher carbs. Its still the best option in my opinion at a Β£1 per litre tub. Its all about balance and testing it for yourself.

• posted by josie53
    on

Or Aldis one is wonderful as well and only Β£1.29

• posted by greenjanet
    on

Hi all

Well despite good intentions beginning of the week, lost the plot immediately, so I have day one in the bag today, so new start for the next instalment of my BSD journey, 3 st down half a one up, but hey it’s better than I have done in the past. But still am not getting alerts for the emails here so rather tedious, have checked all the settings etc, haven’t a clue, so I will be weighing in everyday, plotting on my fitness pal again, and getting going on my jawbone up. Anyone up for a up challenge.

Frog and Yowser you both seem quiet how’s it going.πŸ™‹

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Hola JAN my dear old pal and a Happy NewYear to you! X
    So sorry youre still not getting alerts,have you tried asking the techies for advice?
    You sound pretty determined now πŸ‘πŸ» so here we go! Crimbo really is over,Soon be spring,and we want to get into some nice little flimsy outfits this year heeheee!
    Sorry Jan i havent got a jawbone so i cant have a duel with you.

I’ m finding it tricky trying to have more cals whilst still,keeping the carbs low at same time!
    Have lost two pounds since finishing week 24 BSD on 28th Dec,so i must be getting something right!
    JAN! i am such a muddled Moomin..i was making a cup of tea the other day and i poured the boiling water into my teacaddy full of Tesco Finest Teabags instead of into my cup….GAH!!! X

• posted by greenjanet
    on

Hey Yowser luvvy,

How the Beckie peck are you, yep told them about 3/4 hr ago and its sorted, yeaaaaa need this forum to keep me focused. Weigh in tomorrow, had a very wobbly week back how about yourself.

Trying to fend of the carb monster at the mo, so just had a little gage and flaked almonds yum πŸ™‹

• posted by Frog
    on

Yuk
    I was in an area today with my favourite pizza restaurant (so good, that its now a chain with about 30 branches) – I gave in had one, but didn’t even like it – THE SALAD WAS NICER!!!
    now feeling v yuk & bloated.
    Used to be a total Pizza addict – a real revelation to not enjoy it anymore!!!
    I had lost 3.5k of the 4k that I put on in December when I weighed this morning – but that was pre pizzagate

I did find some Jerusalem artichokes this afternoon (we used them at veg. cookery class last week, at my suggestion, but they are incredibly hard to get hold of from supermarkets around here), a huge bag of ginger – and fresh tumeric, that I had never seen before, so I now have to discover what to do with that.
    Bit carby, but Jerusalem Artichoke soup at some point next week – the one wee made last week was amazing.

Hi Jan – just looked back and my recent posts have been on a thread called “4 WEEK FIX … 27th December … Welcoming 2017 with BSD gusto!” – including a very long debate about tea!

• posted by greenjanet
    on

Yeaaaa Frog

I’m back in the game again, techkies fixed the email thing, so now I know where you all are, ooh missed all you guys.
    Pizzagate so funny, a friend and I used to run a centre, and as it was all volunteers there was always some sort of gate. Skipgate was a big problem and spinach gate oh and there was a pig gate, very big problems caused all sorts of mayhem. Hmm best not ponder on that one.
    Well I’m back on track hurrah, feeling better, know what you mean about pizza though, it just tastes of salt , don’t worry it will just be a blip.
    Okay I will follow on the other thread. Keep at it. πŸ™‹πŸ™‹πŸ™‹jan

• posted by Frog
    on

would love to know what Pig Gate was Jan!

I came across a new product from tilda today – I used to use their microwave rice a lot pre BSD.
    They have started a new range of pulses mixed with rice (low carb eating hitting at their sales maybe?) – I haven’t tried it yet, but I got Chickpea, Harissa & Lemon with Basmati Rice – a full pack is 16g of carbs, less than half the carbs of a portion of their rice.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

That sounds good FROG xx
    Please note everyone..Dr Michael Mosley talking on radio 4 at 12:15 today!
    Have a happy BSD week everybody! X

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Whoo! I was feeling guilty coz i hadnt checked in..but it seems verrry quiet here ..
    Just wanted to let Total full fat yog lovers know that tesco now have 170g pots..havent seen them before,only for the 0 % ..this is a handy size if you want to take one to work etc
    I think theyre 75 pence per pot so three pots equals 510 grams at Β£2.25,so a slightly bigger amount of yog and a little cheaper than the 500g pots..theyre usually Β£2.40 in tesco when not on special offer,which doesn’t seem to happen often! Whenever i am browsing looking for the sometimes elusive full fat pots, two or three people always grab the % fat pots! Theres always plenty of them!
    Hope everyone doing ok xxxxx

• posted by 1960smp
    on

Good afternoon fellow BSD peeps!! So good to see some familiar names in here , Frog, Jan, Sunny, Yowzer…cant remember others ( apart from Captain Lynn) been some months since I was in.

Decided after a hospital appointment earlier, I best get my act together and get back on track…not sure what my weight is etc but knowing how much pain my knees are giving me, to the point of needing steroid injections, I’d say am in a dire need of losing lots.

Will re read MM book tonight, plan and shop as I know ONLY that way is going to work for me!! No use trying to do it any other way.

Will follow his recipes, and advice ( despite the fact I know some calorie counts of the meals are way off ) and see what happens.

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Welcome back 1960smp.

Best wishes for your new start. Keep us posted.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Hi guys,friends old and new! XX
    Sorry i havent been online much this year,so theres FAR too much to read back on all the threads,but sending positive vibes to all BSDers old and new for a fab 2017
    Onwards and downwards,the year is now well under way! And the days are slooooowly getting longgggger!
    So far this year i have lost 8 1/4 lbs..dont forget the quarter haha! I’ m still keeping to 50g carbs a day,but slightly higher calories than 800…average of about 950-1050 a day
    Week 30 of BSD started today for me…so far,have lost five stones and 3 1/4 lbs..nearly back down to the weight i was 20 years ago,when i first became ill ..when being inactive for such a long time, i piled the weight on.
    Good luck everyone,keep on BSD ing! πŸ‘πŸ»

• posted by josie53
    on

Have lost the plot a bit, haven’t lost any weight since christmas but haven’t put anyone so far, will persevere and look at my carb intake.

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

Hi Yowzer, my own personal target weight was finally reached this morning so I have been in the clouds all day. Eight stone less of me than there was exactly two years ago today. Now mainly looking for a couple more pounds wiggle room and possibly BMI 24 as a lower target, just to make staying around this weight a bit easier. I am averaging 1500 calories now, so it is slow going, but as long as I keep the carbs low, I stay feeling good and stable. I have also run out of JOTF as i am now in my tightest pair of size 10s. Lovely to hear from you again.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

MIXY! Sorry for my late return here…oh that is fabulous! Eight stone down is incredible and in size 10s!
    πŸ‘πŸ½πŸ‘πŸ½πŸ‘πŸ½πŸ‘πŸ½πŸ‘πŸ½πŸ‘πŸ½πŸ‘πŸ½πŸ‘πŸ½πŸ‘πŸ½πŸ‘πŸ½πŸ‘πŸ½πŸ‘πŸ½πŸ‘πŸ½πŸ‘πŸ½πŸ‘πŸ½πŸ‘πŸ½πŸ‘πŸ½πŸ‘πŸ½πŸ‘πŸ½πŸ‘πŸ½πŸ‘πŸ½πŸ‘πŸ½πŸ‘πŸ½πŸ‘πŸ½πŸ‘πŸ½πŸ‘πŸ½πŸ‘πŸ½πŸ‘πŸ½πŸ‘πŸ½πŸ‘πŸ½πŸ‘πŸ½πŸ‘πŸ½πŸ‘πŸ½πŸ‘πŸ½πŸ‘πŸ½πŸ‘πŸ½πŸ‘πŸ½πŸ‘πŸ½πŸ‘πŸ½
    A thunderous round of applause !!!!!!
    I literally have no trousers now..the only pair that arent too big have shrunk in the length in the wash and are at half mast!
    One pair i left too late,tried them on and theyre massive…shame coz v nice one s..tho i am still far from a size 10 yet!
    I agree,keeping the carbs down seems to be the key ..at the moment i have about 1100 cals per day,and still stick to 50 g carbs x

Please log in or register to post a reply.