Hello :-)

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Oh thanks for the offer NUMI! Tent shaped items will come in very handy! ๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ˜„
    I did a questionnaire at my heaviest…. ” what shape are you” …and was quite perturbed to be told i was bell or spoon shaped!
    The awful thing is, i prob still am,..still got a lot to lose from hips but my shoulders have always been small and now even smaller tothe point where most tops keep sliding off my shoulders…giving a very misleading Come Hither- esque look to my attire!
    i’ m busy making curtains for the caravans right now,pop over if you can, i’ m not very good at needlework! ๐Ÿ˜‹

• posted by Numi
    on

Nothing wrong with a bit of ‘come hither’ Yowzer ๐Ÿ˜œ I’ve always had relatively broad shoulders for my size, which gives you an idea of how far out of proportion my mid section had become ๐Ÿ˜„ Definite apple shape. I know vanity shouldn’t come into it and the health benefits should be enough of a bonus, but boost from feeling a bit better about how I look is great.

Caravan curtains eh!? This is going to be quite a high class circus. I’ll do my best to help with the sewing ๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ˜„ but have to confess to complete ineptness when it comes to that sort of thing

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Me too NUMI..if i sew a button on, it falls off!
    If i ever reincarnate, i am going to be really creative..i refuse to come back unless i can make stuff and can play the piano!
    PS I think broadish shoulders look good..clothes hang better from them๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป and yes,it IS always nice to feel you look nice.

Take care, BSDErs everywhere…good afternooon / good evening/ goodnight/good morning whichever applies…
    I am celebrating as my noisy and gloomy old neighbour next door has moved today! * playing a fanfare on my imaginary bugle* ๐ŸŽบ๐ŸŽบ๐ŸŽบ๐ŸŽบ๐ŸŽบ
    Sooooooooo pleased and looking forward to some blessed peace.
    He was that flippin noisy I swear there must have been ltv and radio crews broadcasting live from his lounge!
    But he denied he ever had a tv or radio on!
    Lighting a candle for the poor sucker who becomes his new neighbour tonight. Xx

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

I can probably muster a few tent shaped items myself. Don’t need them anymore.

Just popped in, as this was the thread that lured me out of lurkerdom, to say I am now over 100 pounds lighter than I was when I started. I want to thank all of you who have shared this journey with me for making this the most fun I have ever had while losing weight. It isn’t over yet of course, I will hopefully make the top of my healthy weight range before Christmas, after that, who knows ๐Ÿ˜€.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Oh well done MIXY! That is totally fab and awesome!
    You must be feeling soooooo great!
    I passed the” 50 lb down” mark today so i’ m doing a little jig of joy for both of us XX

• posted by Fairyface
    on

Congratulations Mixnmatch. You have done really well. I am so inspired:-)

• posted by Numi
    on

Very well done Mixnmatch and Yowzer. Such fantastic results all round. I’ve just written a post when I first saw Mixnmatch’s post but then it disappeared! So I apologise if it shows up somewhere and I end up repeating myself ๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ˜„
    I’m aiming for healthy weight range by Christmas too which should be just about possible if I stay on target with the strictness and don’t drift. So here’s to all our achievements and efforts ๐Ÿท๐Ÿท๐Ÿท๐Ÿ˜Š

• posted by greenjanet
    on

Yowser
    You’ve lost over 50 lbs is that right๐Ÿ˜‡๐Ÿ˜‡๐Ÿ˜‡

• posted by greenjanet
    on

Delighted for you mixnmatch ๐Ÿ˜‡๐Ÿ˜‡๐Ÿ˜‡

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Yep JAN..i am making a bit more space on our backseat of the bus with my smaller bum! Lost just over 50 lb..hoping to make it 4 stone by New Year
    Got a big cake in the fridge for DDs birthday tomoz,and not even tempted..however i think my sweet tooth has been replaced by a savoury tooth coz am itching to have a little snosage roll or some crisps! Theyre calling me from the fridge and cupboard and its hard to ignore them but ignore them I will! X

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Meh! DDs birthday today but i’ m full of cold/ sore throat/ popping ears ๐Ÿ˜–๐Ÿ˜–๐Ÿ˜–๐Ÿ˜–
    I turn 67 on wednesday and i hope this cold’s gone by then
    On a brighter note…wooohhooooo no more bra extenders for Yowzer! My bras now fasten without that extra bit of help! Another nice thing:- people are at last noticing i’ m a lot smaller than i was!
    I’ m not getting carried away with the compliments tho coz i’ m still more like CoCo the Clown than CoCo Chanel! X

• posted by josie53
    on

well done yowzer

• posted by Frog
    on

Hi Yowzer – sorry that you’re not feeling well – fingers crossed better on Wednesday.

Just bought some new bras today – size 36 instead of 42!!

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Thanks JOSIE x ! and well done FROG! Ive a little way to go before i’ll be in a 36! Hope you got yrself some really nice ones ! X

• posted by Frog
    on

wow – AMAZING supper!

M&S welsh rarebit (left over form last weeks dine in), they give you the option of starter instead of desert now. the serving suggestion was with crusty bread, which would have been lovely, but…
    I had it with roasted leeks instead,
    And a small glass of very good red wine.

Bras are fairly plain and functional Yowzer – 36 is the smallest I have ever been, but I figure that as I still have a lot of weight to loose, I could end up needing even smaller ones – I bought one in M&S sale a couple of weeks ago, and these are super functional 2 for ยฃ10 from Tesco! I saw them in store at the weekend, but not this size, so did click and collect.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Oh that sounds very tasty FROGGO! Nom nom…
    I know what you mean about bras..i just bought a pretty lacy bra in black, and also in white..i wanted it in pink and navy also,but they havent got my size…so me too,waiting to lose more before i spend more.
    Goodnight friends everywhere and happy BSDing! XX

• posted by Frog
    on

Happy Birthday Yowzer

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Thanks FROG! Full of cold and coughs so cant really celebrate..but sitting here with nice cards and prezzys so cant complain
    thank goodness for Corvoniaaaaaaaaaaaaaa cough mixture ( do you remember the ad? ) x

• posted by ruthdownunder
    on

Happy birthday – belatedly – Yowzer. Get better soon

• posted by Frog
    on

Hello Yowzer – where have you gone?
    I hope that you enjoyed your Birthday, even if bunged up with cold

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Thank you FROG and RUTH,had a lovely time.
    FROG yes still full of cold! I had my bp appt re the 24 hr monitor..i think the average bp was 170/ 60.. But i might be wrong! head like sieve. doc wants me to stay on current meds for now..i guess coz i still have plenty weight to lose…will review just before crimbo. I didnt have time to ask about being dizzy coz GP was called to an emergency!
    Its improving anyway.
    Doc is delighted by the weight loss/ fab bloods results and is all for low carbs tho somehow i dont think she realises about the 800 cals!
    Anyway how are you guys..hope everyone doing ok xx will call in more often when i cease sneezing and coughing…
    Been taking cough medicine which i’ m dismayed to see is full of glucose and sucrose…note to self: get sugar free next time..managed to lose a pound this week despite sugary medicine and being a couch potato x
    Night all and have a good weekend! Xx

• posted by Frog
    on

That’s brilliant Verano
    If you’re coughing because your throat is sore, hydrogen peroxide is an excellent gargle (sounds weird, but you have it very dilute, google it for how diluted – and you’ll also see that I am not making it up and trying to poison you!)
    Lots of cough medicines have sugar free varieties as well – but great that you’ve still lost this week

I did post on another thread – time to think about flu vaccinations!
    I checked with my GP this morning if I should still get one, she emailed back along the lines of better safe than sorry. And more congratulations on the normal blood results ๐Ÿ™‚

Shame your BP is a bit high still – I wonder if it has come genuinely come down, or that lack of white coat syndrome helped reduce it!
    Did you manage to sort your online access out?

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Thanks for that FROG…had no idea about hydro peroxide !
    Had flu jab a week ago
    Online access to med records did you mean? No i just gave up,coz i cdnt seem to find anything on there except details of my monthly prescription! X

• posted by Gymgirl51
    on

Hi everyone, back on the BSD again !!! Thought I’d share a special woohoo event with my fellow forumites- yesterday I helped out my daughters rugby team with their naked calendar photo shoot, it was the most amazing fun and I enjoyed it so much that I even had a photo taken myself๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿ˜ƒ – not something I would ever have contemplated pre BSD but it was fantastic , a real confidence booster. The resultant photo is not going in the calendar but will be a treasured personal possession that I can look at to remind myself of what I can do. If you ever get the chance to do it go for it ๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Oh welldone GYMGIRL! Excellent,a real woohoo moment i agree!
    Just shows how confident and happy with yrself you have become!๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป
    Great to have a memento to look back on like you said. You know,that really is something to be proud of doing!and it sort of has a knock on effect doesnt it…Coz you need confidence to do it,and after youve done it,you gain even more confidence! So a winwin situation!
    Some of you BSDers are a very brave bunch indeed?..Our JANEYCOUGHDROP for example,she went on a nudist hol this summer!
    I couldnt attempt something like that in case i started all the babies crying with fright! X

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

How Is everyone? JAN,are you ok?
    TIMMY how long now til yr fortieth? Two or three weeks? Wish i was 40 again
    I’m still tootling along…day 2 week 19 tomorrow…need a weigh in soon xx

• posted by Frog
    on

Hi Yowzer
    how are you?
    six BSD months today!

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Oh hi FROG! i am ok thanks….happy 6 month anniversary!
    Well done xx
    I just had my four month anniv…Feels like years( hehe!) looking back,but the weeks go so fast!
    Are you still Nordic walking? X

• posted by Frog
    on

Hi Yowzer
    I haven;t been Nordic walking for about three weeks – or Kayaking – I hibernate when its cold and grey
    I should have gone out at the weekend – I’m sure I’d have felt tons better for it!
    I intended to go in to work, but didn’t really fancy it, so spent most of Saturday and Sunday mornings faffing around and not doing much – but when I did emerge from my cocoon, the weather was amazingly bright and warm.
    Having the scaffolding up doesn’t help – means it always looks dark and grey outside.
    Still fitting in 8-10 thousand steps most days though, so not too bad.

I just had amazing chicken with mushroom and a red wine sauce from M&S, with tons of roasted vegetables – very good.
    As the oven was still cooling down with the fan cooling down, I chucked a small open dish of oats (3g!) in to toast with cinnamon, which I am going to try with yogurt.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Dont blame you with the hibernating..its nice to stay cozy in winter x
    Yr daily steps are good!
    That m n s dish sounds lovely…could just eat it now despite having no cals/ carbs left for today!
    Will deffo look out for it in Marks
    Good idea using the ovens residual heat to try a little something!
    Night FROG and all…hope Froglet is ok…Ziggy is currently biffing his toy mouse round the room after being caught licking butter out of the egg pan! X๐Ÿ˜„
    Dream sweet everyone! X

• posted by Frog
    on

Night Yowzer
    the toasted oats were good!
    I was out for about 12 hours today, so despite not having finished her breakfast, Froglet stuffed her supper super fast, and has spent the rest of the evening asleep on the chair.

I treated myself to some dark chocolate today – 85% stuff.
    S’OK – could live without it!
    Had two squares and not tempted to stuff the rest. It’s only 4.4 carbs – and conveniently made so each square is 10 grams,

• posted by KrysiaD
    on

Hi Frog
    the 85% or 90% chocolate is my special treat. Husband like it also now – which is why I am just off to buy some more. It is conveniently made and 2 squares feels quite a lot of chocolate. It is not like milk chocolate – where once I start eating it I have to have the whole bar.

Am still of work with a virus but my voice is coming back. My sense of smell also which at the moment is a bit of a shame as husband is making bread and has just made two of his spelt sugar free fruit cakes. Too high carb for me and it is torture the way the aroma from the freshly baked bread and cakes is wafting around the house.

I always think of myself as a carb addict but maybe I am becoming a former carb addict as – I am not tempted at all by his baking.

So a brisk walk to our local Co-op to get a supply of their own brand 85% fair trade chocolate and some cream is just what I need.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Get well soon KRYSIA X
    FROG glad the toasted oats were good! And hugs to little Froglet,bless her.

i lost another four pounds over the last 8 days! Now hit 4 stone off in 19 1/2 weeks..very pleased!…i only aim to lose another half stone now..will still be plumpscious but i dont care at age 67. I feel comfy and all my clothes fit now.
    Think ive got six weeks til end of the year to lose that half stone. Will be wonderful starting the new year happier with myself….i’ ll continue to lose coz will stay low carb but i wont be watching the scales very carefully..if i lose half pound here and there,that will be fab! xx
    How are all our old ” Hello” friends? Miss you all and hope all is well ..swing by if you can even if only to say hi or give us an update – even better๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป
    JAN is everything ok with you? Miss you on the bus..i’ m having to do all the driving! ( and i dont have a licence!) Beep beep! X

• posted by josie53
    on

so i am now 1 1/2 lbs off losing 3 stone, well done to everyone else that is losing and still carrying on.

• posted by josie53
    on

hello to Lucky, Tokyo and Lucia where ever you are. Hope all is well with you all

• posted by KrysiaD
    on

Hi Yowzer49
    Thanks I am feeling a lot better – voice still a bit croaky but hopefully ok enough to start teaching again tomorrow.

Congratulations on your 4lbs off making a total of 4 stones which is amazing for 19 1/2 weeks. Good luck on your push to lose the remaining 6lb. Isn’t it great when the clothes fit.

I agree that low carb is the way to go after the BSD and is a very healthy way of eating long term.

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

Hi Yowzer, saw your shout out for ‘Hello’ friends, I am getting close to the end of both my 8 weeks and my overweight status. I am comfortably size 10/12 already, and very close to my initial goal weight now of 10 stone 11. My BMI is 25.3 now. I will only decide whether I have any further weight to lose after the holidays if I have made that initial target.

• posted by greenjanet
    on

Hi Yowser luvvy

Don’t know why but I’m not getting any email alerts, but anyway, you are doing so well, half a stone more, Bril news, you have worked so committedly, delighted for you.
    I’ve joined Veranos strictly 4 week party, as I have completely fallen into the carb monsters arms, and I am scoffing endlessly. So looking forward to getting back on plan. , and as you said back in the summer wave bye bye to the monster, while it strolls Of down the road. Hehe miss your funny things you posted. ๐Ÿ˜…๐Ÿ˜…๐Ÿ˜…
    So keep up the excellent work. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

So good to hear from you JAN xx
    Ooohhh ….When does V’s 4 week party start? Sounds like a good idea..i must go and have a look.
    Chase that carb monster down the road and don’t let her return…she’s not welcome at the party!
    She is such a troublemaker and never your real friend even tho she will pretend she is! X

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

Back to my ‘home’ thread, just to tell you that I am officially not overweight anymore, BMI of 24.95 and oh so close to my target of the weight I was when I got married. I also wore a comfortable pair of Size 10 jeans yesterday, and the JOTF pile is now very small indeed. ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜ Thanks to everyone on this forum for making this easily the most fun I have ever had losing life changing amounts of weight. I couldn’t have done it without you all. ๐Ÿ˜

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Heyyy there guys! Sad to see this thread slumbering, and calling by to ask how all ” Hello” buddies are doing? Have you got yr trees and deccies up yet?
    Hope youre managing to stay strong in the face of all the celebratory temptations surrounding us now! Swing by and let us know hows life these days ..big crimbo hugs to everyone xx

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

Hi Yowzer, no trees and decos here, OH is a little allergic to Christmas, but at least he joins in when the actual day comes and we go up to my parents house. Mum’s efforts are way superior to mine, and I am sure she has already begun ‘dressing’ the house. This coming weekend we are having friends round for ‘BBQ turkey day’ which is less Christmassey than the day itself and as the name suggests involves a 6kg turkey cooked on our Weber BBQ with all (or maybe most this year) of the trimmings. Before that I will be attempting to bake my first Christmas cake ๐Ÿ˜ฎ so wish me luck. I stuck the recipe into crono today, and suffice it to say my portion will be very small.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

MIX can you send yr mum sounds great – can you send her round here please? I am not too good at putting the decs up!
    enjoy your Barby ….hope your cake turns out ok
    Week 22 ends today and I’ve lost 61 pounds so far! 4stone 5… Should be able to make it to 4 1/2 stone by the end of the year x

• posted by Baristagirls
    on

4 stone in 22 weeks! Averages out at more than 2 and half pounds a week
    So pleased for you!!! Well done

• posted by josie53
    on

well done Yowzer thats amazing am stuck on 3 stone will keep going

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Thanks BARISTA! Whats nice about the two n a half pounds off a week is that it comes off so fast at first doesnt it,which keeps you encouraged and keeps you going! I love that whooosh feeling when you get a ” good week” where the scales go down and your heart lifts up!
    JOSIE so lovely to hear from you x keep onwards and downwards..do you have much more to lose..i’ m such a heifer that i could easily afford to lose a lot more ๐Ÿ™„ but quite happy for now as everything fits..woohoo! Next year i’ll aim to lose another stone …quite slowly wll be ok x

• posted by josie53
    on

ideally i would like to lose a further 2 1/2 stone but will think about that next year also considering i have never lost more than a stone on any other diet i think this is wonderful

• posted by Bissell
    on

Good to see a few of the ‘old timers’ on here and really encouraging to see how well you are all doing.
    Anyone heard from Frog recently? I miss her posts.
    Merry Christmas Frog!

• posted by josie53
    on

Merry Christmas Lucia, Frog, Tokyo and Lucky and anyone who started this May- June time i have finally reached the 3 stone mark and will continue until i have lost another 2 1/2 stone, good luck to you all over the next couple of weeks

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

HI BISSELL i miss FROG too and her little Froglet ..seasons greetings to FROG,LUCKY, JANEYCOUGHDROP etc,etc,etc,and Hope TIMMY Enjoyed his 40 th birthday this month xxxx

Please log in or register to post a reply.