Hello :-)

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by 1960smp
    on

Morning!!

Doing a happy dance here….Yesterday I weighed 93.6kg – today am 90.6 so a loss of 3kg which is around half a stone? Wow!! And I really did try….
    Am so happy I got back on track

Yes Janet lets dive in and keep on keeping on..I , too, have a manicly busy life and its getting busier in my volunteer role as we near Christmas…so am expecting life to drive me bonkers too
    Yowzer cant believe 15 weeks have gone by….hope you managed to swerve the chips…

Funny, I did not feel hunger pangs at all and drank more than my 2 litres over the day. Its good tho because this is the incentive I need to stay focused…at one point near bedtime my daughter said she was making toast and my mouth salvitated but I was good and didn’t give in…

Here’s to more successes and good weight losses have a good day everyone…..

• posted by greenjanet
    on

Hi 1960

πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘ woo hoo what a boost, delighted for you. I’m going to weigh in on Friday, as I’m feeling a bit blurrr at the mo, so just taking the pressure of for the mo, will get back to weighing daily then. hope you have a good day keep us posted.
    😊

• posted by Frog
    on

Hi everyone

Did you get feedback on your 24 hour BP monitoring yet Yowzer?
    Hope that it went well.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Sorry,very very short notice but tonight 730 on ITV,a “Tonight” programme,can diet reverse/ prevent diabetes? Hope they mention BSD! X
    Sorry for absence,be back soon ..hugs all round xx

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Hi FROG thanks for asking,i dont know yet,they got the results yesterday, but i cdnt get a phone appt this morning..just admin who could only tell me the results were there but they cant read them
    hopefully will get a Doc phone appt tomorrow..Its the usual ” try to get thru an eternally engaged line at 8 a.m. for an appt or telephone app scenario”..humph x!

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

Prof. Taylor on ITV at the moment

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Yay MIX!
    Prof Taylor talking about 8 week diet – will give the programme credence!
    AND a short but effective bit showing a woman who lost 2 stone in 8 weeks then lost almost another 5 stone by staying on it…AND a gentleman who says once you understand about carbs,dieting is a dream! (Well i wdnt say a dream,but easier than ever before.) ….he lost over 2 stone and reversed his diabetes
    Lets hope the medics are watching! X

• posted by greenjanet
    on

Evening every one,

It seems very quiet on here have you all moved to a different thread or something.

I really miss all the banter from all you guys.

πŸ™‹

• posted by Frog
    on

Hi Jan I thought that a recently, and chat had moved from a week three thread back to a week two one. There is a thread called four week challenge or something similar.
    If you want to see where someone is posting, or if they’ve posted recently, click on a hyperlink on their user name (from a post any time), then click on the tab called “replies created” or “recent replies”.
    Can’t remember exactly, on my phone rather than laptop and not so adept at jumping into different windows. But I do get a better range of smiley facesπŸ€—

• posted by greenjanet
    on

Hi Frog

Thanks for that hope you have a good weekend
    😊

• posted by Frog
    on

Just watched the ITV program from a couple of days ago –
    lentils are carby but good – will make the Ethiopian lentil dish!

Frustrating re appointments Yowzer – hope its sorted soon
    Are you feeling better now – you were having some problems a week or so ago that you thought were BP related

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Yoohooooo JAN,hope all ok? X sending hugs x
    FROG,still dizzy,speciallywhen i look up or down! But only sometimes, Thanks for asking
    Managed to get appt with my fave doc 3 rd Nov,then she changed it to 10 Nov coz she’s on leave the third..grrrr…
    Still no luck with a phone appt,will try monday x

• posted by greenjanet
    on

Hi Yowser you hoo back

How the hecky peck are you now, I see you still have the dizziness, are you still on plan, and how’s that going, no one seems to post anymore. 😞 So I am starting a eight week push to get lower for Xmas, so I’ve started a thread called 18 weekers hoping to get all the old gang jollying each other along, as it’s all seems a bit confusing, I never know where anyone is posting. Hope you have a nice weekend, are you a strictly girl, we are its what Saturdays are for in my humble opinion. πŸ’ƒπŸ’ƒπŸ’ƒπŸ’ƒπŸ’ƒ

• posted by Avila
    on

Hi Green Janet – waves – I have wandered around for the last 6 weeks instead of going anywhere, but going for the push for Christmas (and when I visit my family they will see the losses). Made it from 99kg to 89kg before I drifted, but slowly (2 down one back) I am eyeing 85kg now (glimpses as in 85. 8 and then I have a meal and it drifts away) and my BMI healthy target is 79kg. If I get refocussed then should manage that by Christmas (if I can avoid the mince pies as a zillion carol services)

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Hi JAN! Yes still on plan,nearly finished my week 16 and 2 cycles finished! Will join yr 18 wk thread soon as i get there!
    Made a schoolboy error yesterday..no f f yog on shelves,bought low fat ” just this once”
    went to bed hungry and woke up hungry after having low fat y’day! Wont make that mistake again πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ™„
    Stocked up on ff today x ( no not a strictly fan but watch occasionally )
    AVILA Youre doing v good despite drifts xx it was Mae West i think who said, i used to be pure as snow but i drifted!
    Teehee! XX

• posted by Avila
    on

Yowser – I will go with Mae West !! There is a board game called Quotations, we had it as a family and I remember as a teenager that the default guesses were Groucho Marx, Shakespeare or Mae West!!

Met someone today who had lost a stone ‘giving up carbohydrates’ – had not heard about the BSD at all. But had cut out the crisp munching and 3 bowls of cereal a day. It stuck me that at first we have easy wins from stopping the between meals snacking, or other switch off losses. Which is really encouraging, but then when the ‘low lying fruit’ has been picked the next layer is not as easy and we can feel discouraged, but actually the harder wins are winnable too. It may not be as quick as the easy pickings, but the gain is worth so much more.

• posted by Frog
    on

Hi

More clothes shopping! I dropped into a TK Maxx this afternoon – I found a pair of beautiful Jaeger jeans for Β£13, but sadly size 16 is now too big, so I reluctantly left them.
    I did buy a great Daniel Hechter jacket that was originally over 200 euros for Β£15 that is a teeny bit too tight, but it will fit soon.
    I was also quite tempted by some shoes that were very high for me (wedges rather than heels, but probably about 3 inches and surprisingly comfortable), but didn’t get those – I will try all the shoes with heels that I have, but haven’t worn for ages though.

If anyone is looking for cheap clothes in interim sizes, Sainsbury’s Tu clothing is all 25% off at the moment, I’m not sure how long for. You have to pick carefully, some pieces aren’t great quality, but I have had some unexpectedly good things from there.
    Today I got a sweatshirt that was 50% off to start with, and then they took a further 25% off, and jeggings, that are only size 14 and fit, including the legs!!!

• posted by josie53
    on

hello green janet, i am still about and hoping to reach the 3 stone goal before christmas

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Hi JOSIE lovely to see you Xx!
    AVILA the three bowls of cereal lady is a woman after my own heart..I used to love ceral,esp.Cheerios!
    FROG! Great bargains!i’ll have a look sainsburys..i have some nectar points to use. Currently buying a few nice tops on Ebay for a few quid. Due a trawl of the charity shops too! Isnt it fun! So Much happier losing weight and having more clothes choices than having junky food choices and gaining weight to the point i was struggling to find anything to wear!
    Goodnight all…enjoy yr extra hour UK peeps! ‘ golden slumbers fill your eyes,smiles awake you when you rise’ xx

• posted by greenjanet
    on

Hi Avila

Good to hear you are also going for a push towards xmas. I have started a thread wanting to push through maintenance with a view to having a permanent thread where us oldies can inspire each other, I’m finding keeping committed very hard these days and I’m aware others are too. so went public to push myself hehe what a life huh hope today goes wellπŸ™‹

• posted by greenjanet
    on

Ooh I know Yowser I get really sulky if I can’t get my fage, it makes the BSD worth it. The thread I’ve started is for everyone it just says Im a week 18er stuck in maintenance, but I have found I have really missed the support from these forums and as I have for the last 6 weeks only been bobbing in and out I keep loosing where everyone is posting, also I needed to get seriously committed by this public committment, and I would love to get going the humorous thread that hello used to be. Also get recipe ideas.
    Of to get some fage in a mo run out 😩 Having roast chicken for dinner and some roasted veg yum what you having.

• posted by greenjanet
    on

Hi Josie

Well done πŸ‘ I’m also hoping to reach three st soon, but I’m having to get serious now so gone public and started a thread to get me out of maintainence and back into regular loss aiming to loose 12.5 k more for xmas, ambitious but hoping , keep up the good work, do you have much more you want to looseπŸ™‹

• posted by josie53
    on

yowzer, so loved that tune. Have had some chips tonight first time really. Travelled back from London and too lazy to cook

• posted by ruthdownunder
    on

Hi all. Jan, I have had a bad 10 weeks – lost several kilos – unfortunately it was the same one over and over again. At least we are maintaining. Should be grateful for small mercies. I have started to go back and read the posts of the ones who just kept on going with great success – You know who they are. I am trying to motivate myself for the Christmas push – exactly 8 weeks of course. There are quite a few threads. I almost wish I were diabetic – might motivate me more. I hate my BP meds though and would love to get that BP down

Yowzer keeping my fingers crossed for you.

• posted by greenjanet
    on

Hi Ruth luvvy,

Ooh snap I’ve been the same, but as I kept loosing the thread where everyone was, I’ve started a thread named 18ers pushing towards Xmas, I’ve gone public to get myself motivated as I want to loose 12.5 k more for Xmas , are you wanting to seriously get back on the losers side, then perhaps get on board the battle of the bulge bus with me, and then we can be less bulgy for Xmas. I want to do it with all the lovely peeps here, as you are all such a great bunch.
    And yes I’m on b.p. Meds that I want to come of, so let’s do it, we know we can. πŸ˜ƒπŸ™‹πŸ˜ƒ

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

HI RUTH and JAN x
    JAN i too hate the bp meds..RUTH thanks for crossing yr fingers for me! I have a feeling i’ll need to lose a bit more before i can drop bp meds altogether
    I’ ll be wobbling along on the backseat with you guys! Ive lost two pounds this week but still got to lose at least another stone before i look ok..and even then will still be a chubster,but it will be a chubster i can live with. At 66 i am never gonna look like Twiggy ..more like Trunky πŸ˜› Xx
    JOSIE yes its a lovely tune isnt it! Hope you really enjoyed yr chip treat! X
    Night night everyone..here we go with another week about to begin.is it just me or has this year flown even more than usualπŸ€” X leaving a big HUGGGGGGGGG for LUCKY!JANEY!GAVIN! TIMMY! if theyre still reading ..xxx we miss you!

• posted by Lucky Maneki
    on

Heyyyy you guys! 😊😊😊😊😊😊

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

ahh Hello little buddy! How you doing xxxx? ( doing a little jig of happiness to see you here)

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

Hey, how are you doing ? Nice to see you back home in your thread.

• posted by Lucky Maneki
    on

Hello! I am doing good, weight not gone down, but not up, sort of stopped dead… I have been naughty though. I’m building up to restart.
    Yowzer, that’s my fave off Abbey Road, you knows this. Once there was a way… ☺️

Also! That tune carries a warning to us all! You’re gonna carry that weight a long time! Who? Us? Pfffffffft. Need to get back on track. All of us waverers.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Well at least youre not gaining LUCKY and when you get back on track you will be right on track! Here’s Macca singing just for you x i listen to the Abbey rd medley at least once a week..sublime…outta this world…xx
    Goodnight everyone and golden slumbers to all xx
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ExLY2kZ25fI

• posted by greenjanet
    on

Ooh Yowser

Trunky πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ you make me die you’re so funny, we love you 😻😻😻

• posted by greenjanet
    on

Lucky

How the hecky peck are you luvvy, ooh I’ve missed you on here. So good to hear from you. πŸ™‹πŸ™‹πŸ™‹πŸ™‹

• posted by Frog
    on

Hi Lucky – great to hear that you’re well, how is the writing going?
    Jeff Beck was on with Van Morrison this evening, and played “A day in the life” which was great.

• posted by Frog
    on

Hi Yowzer
    no – they were on at the O2 in Grenwich, so not available on Iplayer!

and Jeff Beck looks a teensy bit older!

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

That must have been fab,FROG !πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ» xx

• posted by josie53
    on

hya Lucky, lovely to hear from you hope all is well, we are all still battling away

• posted by Angiebabe
    on

Mixnmatch

You kindly gave me a run down of your weight loss history but then I got hacked so haven’t been able to reply until now so just to say a big thank you it really helped and kept me going through the plateau.

I love this forum and its people xx

• posted by Frog
    on

Morning!
    It was brilliant Yowzer
    Ruth – have just spotted your “have several kilos – unfortunately the same one over and over again” – made me laugh a lot!

• posted by greenjanet
    on

Ruth

Yes I laughed at that as well, same kilo lost sounds very familiar. But not any more jan is on it. Well she tells me she is. Wahhhhhh😻😻😻

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

RUTH i empathise…have done that several times over the years unfortunately! I would be a ‘ skellington’ by now if i had progressively lost instead of losing and regaining the same kilo time and time again! X

• posted by Avila
    on

I have 2 kg that I have been recycling – but self inflicted by rubbish eating and falling off the wagon. I fall off not on meals but on the pack of crisps, etc and on drinking. I am trying to tackle that, but having stopped other comfort reactions to stress that has loomed larger. I need to find non food or drink reactions….

I am now at 85.5kg – so back to the bottom of my cycling kgs, and planning to be focused for the next month at least (the full 8 wks would be good, but start with a minigoal) My goal is 79kg (20% body weight from my start and the border to healthy BMI) though would like to get a bit under that too for the long term maintenance.

• posted by Frog
    on

Am pretty much at the same stage Avila – 85.8 yesterday, 85.1 today – I am learning that I can yoyo up and down quite a bit that is more related to retention rather than food.
    Lots of luck

• posted by Frog
    on

off topic, non BSD – but what security software are you guys using, and are you happy with it.

I’ve had Norton for years – then just spotted they wanted to charge Β£80 to renew, but the online price was initially Β£30, then went down to Β£25 when I’d been on the page two minutes.
    THey have now offered me the Β£30 price to renew, but am generally p’d off at the rip off attempt!

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

I am also using Norton and have just renewed at Β£30, so can’t help with any alternatives.

• posted by Frog
    on

thanks Mixnmatch – I probably will renew for the Β£30 – I’m really irritated with myself that I’ve never checked it before, so have probably been ripped off for the last ten years or so!
    It was only because my credit card has been replaced, so it didn’t autorenew this year. I looked at a few ‘best antivirus software’ articles last night and found other well rated products about – but similarly they are offering big discounts for the first year – I will challenge the price each year going forward though.

• posted by Numi
    on

Hi everyone, I’ve not been on for a while due to busy-ness and technology glitches. So I’ve just been reading though a load of posts, what a funny lot you are πŸ˜„πŸ˜„
    I’m in a specially good mood because I weighed today at 5 &1/2 lb lighter than last week. I thought my drive for added strictness to get off the plateau wasn’t doing any good last week and then this week, whoosh! It gives me loads of hope that I might get rid of that final stone and a half by Christmas.
    On the down side, there is a small degree of neck and tummy skin sagginess starting to show up. But hey! I guess I’ll just have to get creative with scarves and not worry about the tummy. It’s not like I was going to start wearing midriff baring clothes at my time of life πŸ˜„πŸ˜„.
    I hope everyone else is getting on ok 😊

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

HIIIII there NUMI! Great to see you!
    Well done on 5 1/2 lbs down..thats more than a 5lb bag of spuds you no longer have to lug around…πŸ‘πŸ»
    Gone forever!
    Oh i LOVE the word WHOOSH in relation to getting off the plateau,it describes so well the wonderful feeling that comes over you when at last you get on the scales and they tell you that finally finally youre off the plateau! So pleased for you ..xx
    I too am noticing the wrinkly tummy setting in ( the necks been like that a good while i’ m afraid!)
    It used to be a very very firm big horrid roll of flesh..the beginnings of wrinkliness do nothing to improve matters,but like yrself,i have no plans to be wearing skimpy outfits or to be showing off a navel piercing!
    Clothed, my tum does look a lot better than before!
    Feel a bit sad tho coz my fave trousers are no longer wearable..the saggy bum in them these days is just too unattractive..and they are inches too big round the waist..all good news of course,but ..goodbye old friends…
    They will have to go to the circus that me and CAP’ N LYNNE have set up,using old baggy clothes to make clowns trousers and safety nets for the trapeze artistes..oh and to make the big top itself. Any donations gratefully received..i’ m struggling alone here with all the sewing ,coz i think the Madam known as CAPTAIN is in Italy right now ..harumph! X

• posted by Numi
    on

Hi Yowzer 😊
    I agree, I’d rather have the wrinkles than the wodge of protruding flesh. It definitely looks better in clothes. And makes me more in proportion, before I started losing the weight I seemed to be a 16 across the shoulders, a 20 round the bust and waist, an 18 in the hips. In other words nothing fit unless I went for tent shapes. Now I’m trying on normal shape clothes in 12 and 14 and they fit. I haven’t been this shape for about 18years. So I’m prepared to put up with a few wrinkles hidden under the clothes for sure. Very happy 😊
    And in other good news, some of those tent shaped clothes I was wearing will definitely be available for making sideshows, admissions booth, fortune tellers tent etc for your circus. There has to be some good purpose for all those spare acres of material we all have hanging around πŸ˜„

Please log in or register to post a reply.