Hello :-)

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

I posted in Tazzies thread Anyone Else having problems with Excessive Bathroom Visits – or something like that

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Oh thank you SUNSHINE!
    Just read yr explanation..makes me so happy..i get fed up going to the loo so often but now i’ll be glad to do so! X

• posted by Antigone
    on

Back from the DARK SIDE!
    Sorry to hear about your dog AVila – have you had him/her long?
    Eddie Izzard, Jack Dee, Jeremy Hardy and Count Arthur Strong are funny. Liked Sean Hughes on the TV but saw him live and he was AWFUL.
    Lucky – have to say chocolate and/or wine gets me regular….not much help currently ๐Ÿ™
    I went to a coffee morning today – more cake than you could shake a stick at and I did not eat a crumb ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by Lucky Maneki
    on

Sean Hughes is he the cute looking Irish one that used to be on one of those panel quiz things, was it Buzzcocks? Or am I thinking of someone else?

Oh Jack Dee, I used to have the biggest crush on him years ago!

Wine used to get me regular too haha, but I am trying to avoid it at the moment. Well done on the cake avoiding! I’ve avoided sausage rolls AND Kfc this morning! Yay me!

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Well done ANTIGONE and LUCKY on the days avoidings!
    Oh ANT so glad another Count Arthur fan!
    LUCKY?.my DD has just asked me same question.. She started PT job last week after being ill so long,bad timing as she had both a wedding and a funeral to go to,but that was the starting date…plus her very loud MIL decided to land ..came up from Tunny Wells ! Inconsiderate woman that she is…coudlnt have waited til DD got settled into job..so for those reasons i havent been up to get weighed..as long as i do so by next Wednesday i’ m happy!
    Hope yr house hasnt been wrecked by 4 yr old whirlwind! X

• posted by Janeycoughdrop
    on

You’re all still talking about comedians.. as long as no-one starts claiming to like Roy Chubby Brown, I don’t mind!!!!

By the way, everyone knows that all the fat we lose gets collected by McDonalds and put into their thick shakes….. Think of that next time you fancy one!!

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

JANEY Oh gosh no..Roy Chubby Brown….
    Feelin ill now thinkin about Maccies shakes! X effective!

• posted by Frog
    on

makes MacDonalds thickshakes sound about as appealing as pringles, for anyone that’s been here long enough to recall that thread

Yowzer – have never quite ‘got’ dry shampoo – If my hair’s a mess I’m more likely to wet it to sort it out – even living in polluted London ‘i don’t bother to wash it daily. How did it work as a deodorant?
    Sunshine’s post was good, wasn’t it? Makes you feel quite positive on those days/nights when you feel the need to go to the loo every half an hour!

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Oh i’ m agog now..whats all this about pringles FROG?
    hmm i THINK it worked ok as a deodorant..or at least i didnt notice anyone moving away from me! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ
    Ps i guess dry shampoo works by absorbing some grease but not too sure x

• posted by Frog
    on

someone explained the pringles manufacturing process – equivalent of sweepings from the factory floor, I think potato slurry was mentioned. haven;t fancied a pringle since.

http://naturalsociety.com/how-pringles-are-made-potato-chip/

the original conversation was on a tread titled “Is it me” back in June – looking back hula hoops have a similar process

• posted by Frog
    on

my hair has a tendency to be dry rather than greasy – that would be why little point in dry shampoo for me!

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Thanks FROG! Used to find Pringles very more – ish …but no longer fancy them! X ditto hula hoops!

• posted by Frog
    on

Just had a bowl of low carb ice cream – a 30g scoop each of salted caramel and dark chocolate
    Mixing them tones down the sweetness of the caramel – but I think the chocolate will taste great with raspberries!
    51 calories, just under 7g of carb
    Divine!

• posted by Frog
    on

Just spotted that MM’s Trust Me, I’m a Doctor program is back on this evening – is on now

• posted by Christi1948
    on

Hi frog,
    I’m hoping that the program, trust me I’m a dr is recording on TiVo!
    I’m well pleased with my results, have taken a couple of days off diet as I was visiting relatives in Nottingham yesterday, we were given egg sandwiches and pork pie! So it has been a case of needs must! I will make a decision in a couple of days, I haven’t put weight on though! so that’s a good sign.
    I hope you are doing ok? How far along the road are you, and what are you going to do when you reach your target?
    Good luck whatever you do.
    Christine.

• posted by Christi1948
    on

Hi Avila,
    I’m so sorry to hear about your dog, sending much love, and thinking about you!
    Christine.

• posted by Frog
    on

Hi Christine
    I’m just watching/listening to it now on iPlayer – they’re doing a trial of HIT exercise over several weeks that kicked off this evening. and looked at the beneficial effects (or not) of apple cider vinegar.

I started on 17 May so three and a half months ago – I’ve lost 15 kilos so far and about 30 to go to but me into healthy BMI territory. I’ve gone from being a large size 20 (ie M&S only), to around 16 in most things – my target is size 12 with calves thin enough to wear knee high boots!
    I’ve had a few holidays and bingey weekends, and lots of plateaus along the way, but no dramatic increases. I’m certainly not as strict about it as most people, but I try and keep to 50g of carbs or lower, but sometimes hit 60 – but some days are lower so probably averages to 50g. My laxity is the reason for not losing superfast, but I’m not too bothered as long as the general direction is down.
    My blood levels, after being diagnosed as diabetic nearly two years ago then rocketing up to 112 (and being told they were too high for me to join a medical trial for diabetes and diet!) are now well within normal range so that is brilliant – and I stopped taking metformin a couple of months ago.
    I think that I will try and keep to relatively low carb going forward, and experiment with what works for me on keeping my weight steady.

I can see from your posts that you’ve had excellent blood results recently too – have you decided on your route forward?

• posted by Avila
    on

Dog update – following advice about police process is that this would unlikely end up in court and if did would probably be a muzzling order, not the death threat the farmer implied. If rehomed the charity would advise any new adopters to keep her muzzled -so same fate, and after a long chat with their behaviourist she will adjust better to a muzzled life with me than in kennels stressed. So unless police intervention she gets to stay with me but restrictions – though i have found 2 places about half hour drive from me where you pay to use a big field that is totally secured for free running.

• posted by Lucky Maneki
    on

Promising news Avila, fingers crossed for you both.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

AVILA i hope it works out for you and dear doggie x so pleased things look brighter now! X keep us posted

on

Well that’s MUCH better news Avila, and a sensible, practical approach. Your pooch will be happier staying with you rather than having to go through re-bonding with new owners, and I’m sure the muzzle issue can be sorted out quickly. So, no blue moods or falling off the BSD wagon please – you have solved the problem! Give yourself a metaphorical pat on the back for this little triumph.. for you and your furry friend ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by Christi1948
    on

Hi Avila,
    Yeeaahhh good news, I think that is great news about your dog, and it’s only muzzled while out for a walk, so no briainer really?
    Christine.

• posted by Christi1948
    on

Hi frog,
    You sound a bit like me, I lost over two stone, in the first 12 weeks, then the dreaded plateau! I too was away a lot and only put a couple of pounds on, then lost it, then put it on! I then relaxed for a bit, didn’t put too much on, a couple of pounds, then at the beginning of August I went strict on myself and lost the next half stone, to make the total loss two and a half stone, then I was at the doctors who suggested doing another relax, as I was no longer pre diebetic.
    So that is what I am doing, I have decided to re-start next week when everyone is back to school, ( my three local granddaughters and my daughter, who starts her course next Thursday) it will be easier when they are not around during the day!
    We have been out and about for a couple of days so I need to catch up on my programmes, I will watch trust me I’m a doctor hopefully later today when I have done the rest of the jobs for the day.
    Good luck with your next aim.
    Christine.

• posted by Avila
    on

Janey,

No need to worry about the BSD wagon – was so stressed that was beyond comfort eating and in fasting mode, on the day only managing a veggie broth that already had prepped, and yesterday another portion and a fried egg. Not to mention the additional running trying to catch her on Tuesday. So ‘raw’ weight this morning was 90.8kg. (start at 99.7kgs, 5ft 10)

Not a recommended way to overtake willpower weaknesses.

• posted by LindaA
    on

Hello everyone, I need some help!

Wednesday, I weighed in at 63.5kg, this morning, I’ve dropped that last .5kg and after 20 weeks and 2 days, I’ve now reached my goal weight of 63kg with a BMI of 22.3. That’s a grand total loss of 26.9kg which is just under a 30% loss of body weight from my starting weight of 89.9kg๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ‘

I actually feel a bit ‘lost’. I’ve really enjoyed this journey and have embraced this way of eating and increased exercise and have not found it difficult and now it feels like I’m losing my best friend๐Ÿ˜‚

I had planned to continue with the same food and simply increase my calories, but I’m just not that hungry and it was eating too much that got me into this mess in the first place!

As I’m not diabetic or pre diabetic, nor ever have been, I’m wondering if I should introduce some more carbs into my diet to increase the calories or just try and increase the amount of fat. What I do know is that I don’t want to reintroduce sugar back into my diet.

Any suggestions???

The other thing I’m thinking is to stop recording everything I eat on my app and just eat when I’m hungry and stop when I’m full. I’m going to have to learn to do that at some stage anyway. My other thought is to increase my cals to 1600 for the next couple of weeks and to weigh in only once a week and see what my weight does. If it stabilises, then I know that’s the level I’ll have to try and stick to. I don’t want to do what I’ve done before and put it all back in again.

Any advice would be gratefully received!!
    Cheers
    Linda

on

Hi Avila, well done although I agree it’s not the way to lose weight!!

Linda – I think your plan to stop logging all the calories and intake and just relax about eating is the way forward. I’m living my BSD life in this way now and it works perfectly. As you rightly pointed out, it’s now very difficult to overeat so you don’t really worry about over indulging. But it does mean that you can allow yourself the odd treat safe in the knowledge that no carb disaster will strike! Good luck and onwards ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ

• posted by LindaA
    on

Thanks Janey, I tend to agree!
    Do your weight fluctuate much?
    Linda

on

Now, now, everyone on here knows I DO NOT weigh myself! But suffice it to say that my jeans are still getting slowly looser, even on the maintenance BSD โ˜บ๏ธ Plus my body instantly tells me if it doesn’t like something naughty! Don’t like feeling ‘blughhh’ and makes me wonder how I ever got through so much junk in the past!!

• posted by Igorasusual
    on

Great results, Linda!

You could try the website I’ve mentioned a couple of times
    http://keto-calculator.ankerl.com

where you can enter your statistics and discover what your base metabolic rate is, and then that will tell you how many calories per day you need to maintain your weight.

Then you can fiddle with the carbs a bit setting them up and down to see how much fat and protein you need. It also gives you a graph at the end.

I have done this, and am maintaining MFP at the moment to see how this works for me on maintenance. It may well be, I think, that I will up the carbs with more salads and veg generally, as otherwise it can be difficult to get the calories up….although I do eat plenty of cheese to help me ๐Ÿ˜‰

Hope that helps – like me, you will probably have to experiment a bit to get it sorted to your satisfaction.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Wheres all our playmates today? Hope everyone is ok and just been busy like i have
    Big hugs all round and sweet dreams,friends ๐ŸŒ›๐ŸŒŸโœจ๐ŸŒ›โœจ๐ŸŒ™โญ๏ธ๐ŸŒ›๐ŸŒŸโœจ xxxx

• posted by Frog
    on

Hi Yowzer – just got in!
    Night!

• posted by Frog
    on

Hi Avila – that’s brilliant news about your dog
    I know it’s a shame about the muzzle, but fantastic that you’ll be able to keep her

Are there dog training classes near you that you could take her to that might help? (My sister was very proud that her recently acquired rescue dog achieved his bronze medal at classes).

• posted by Lucky Maneki
    on

Well done Linda on your great weight loss! I think Janey and Igor had some great advice for you there.

Morning everyone, bit of a funny day yesterday, including a funeral, a dental appointment, a hospital appointment, the ex husband and an extreme craving for something sweet last night. Mr Lucky managed to talk me down from sending him to Morrisons. I had a couple of scoops of Oppo instead.

This week’s weight loss is 2lbs down from last week, and considering I’m being relaxed now and I had a couple of treats this week (some Nigella Olive Oil chocolate cake, three small slices of homemade Spelt pizza and a couple of small slices of wholemeal Spelt bread with my salad). I still make sure my treats are ‘good’ treats in terms of what’s in them. This week saw the Jeans of the Future fitting at last. And because I’m so short on trousers/jeans at the moment, I am still wearing the size 20 jeans that were my first Jeans of the Future when I started. They were skinny jeans (never a good look in size 20 admittedly, but they were cheap). Last night I noticed that they were baggy. Baggy skinny jeans! There’s inches free in the legs and the bum is just… a big pocket of air! So the next pair of pants I manage to get into, the skinny jeans are the next to go! Never thought I would be so excited about getting rid of clothes!

Final rugby home match of the season today. Rain just started, promised it shocking up my end today.

And in Wales too.

*Drumroll and cymbal clash* Goodnight! You’ve been a terrible audience…

• posted by Antigone
    on

Congratulations Linda – hope that will be me some day ๐Ÿ™‚
    Well done Lucky – splendid!
    So yesterday I was cooking for new friends. I made pastry hors d’oeuvres, stuffed chicken breasts with salad etc and raspberry pavlova. I did not eat pastry, bread or pavlova! Did drink several glasses of red wine though ๐Ÿ™ In the grand scheme of things it will balance out I’m sure. Not expecting much of a result on the scales Monday morning but we’ll see. Hot here again today so I shall be crawling into a shady corner and snoozing this afternoon….

• posted by Lucky Maneki
    on

Thanks Anti ๐Ÿ™‚

That sounds like a very successful evening for you, that’s three big things avoided there! I have a social evening to organise, but it will probably have to be October now. My eldest son turns 21 at the end of September and he has also struck off – a) Freshers Week(end), b) the weekend before his birthday, c) the weekend AFTER his birthday as he’ll be at his father’s. I was going to do curry but I end up a) stressed and b) very drunk usually. My curry nights can have anything up to 20 – 25 in attendance and if it’s a big birthday there’ll be more. Buffet it is then, and I can keep an eye on the calories and carb counts of things. Make it as healthy as possible ๐Ÿ˜‰ There’ll be more spelt and coconut sugar and almond flour in it than people realise hehe.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

LUCKY what an eventful day. No wonder you felt you needed to reach for something to soothe you- but you resisted! Good team work there with you n Hub. Thats the way to do it,both help each other thru cravings,impulsive eating etc!
    Oppo..i have segs on my eyes searching for it but have yet to track it down! Cant wait to get my mitts on some!
    Great news on the JOTF no longer being JOTF!
    My current cecks are now too big..noticed yesterday they were falling down,after not long ago being uncomfortably tight..now unflatteringly baggy in the bum! And too large on thighs/ legs..not a good look but cheering to see as now on day 53 and looking for as many non scale victories as well as scale loss between now and tuesday ( DDay!) so will be big final weigh in wednesday a.m.!
    ANTIGONE congrats on providing such a super spread but not digging in to it! X
    Is GREENJANET ok? Havent seen her for a few days?
    JAN tomorrow is the start of helens trial week on the Archers…an interesting story line and well done Archers for highlighting issue of domestic abuse and even more so, of coercive control ( been in that type of relationship and it was horrid,sinsiter..it is so subtle its only much further down the line you realise how you were being manipulated – Never again!)

• posted by Avila
    on

Interesting observation – one person I work with has said a couple of times over the year ‘you are losing weight, I can see it’ when I wasn’t (in fact gaining) but just wearing different shape of clothes or something.

Now i have lost over a stone and clothes looser – an d absolutely no comments, or signs that people have noticed! I know that being tall at 5 ft 10 meant that I have more space over which to hide the excess, but thought that a stone might have some visibility. Oh well I have the scales in my favour, the feeling healthier (lowered BP) and fitting into things that used to be tight…. the notice of others is so so minor. Just perverse that got comments when not losing, not not when I am!

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Avila, humans are quite complex beings. Sometimes they give compliments just for something to say or have been told to try and see good in things. When you actually lose weight I think they are afraid you are going to be insulted (do I look like I needed to) or say you have a serious illness.

I have a photo of me (which kick started the diet) in a particular dress going out and thought I looked nice. When I lost just under a stone (4lbs on a different diet but took 2 months and then 8.5 on this) I put the dress back on and asked hubby to take a photo in exactly the same pose. I couldn’t see a difference. Sometimes it is what you are wearing, how you are standing, even who you are talking to. Also if people see you nearly every day it is different, hubby cannot see it in me but daughter could after 9 weeks apart.

• posted by Avila
    on

Not really worried – just finding it a quirky thing. I move across different groups and so it can be a month between meeting people, esp over the summer.

The gains for me are the dominant focus.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

AVILA i agree with all SUNSHINE said and the points she made..
    Also, if youre now wearing clothes that are getting TOO loose,you can still look exactly the same.
    The trousers ive worn over the last two days are getting clownishly large on me..and it means my silhouette looks just as big! So it could be that folk are only seeing yr outline while yr real body is disguised by extraneous material!
    Could be its time to ditch some clothes?
    Main thing is,you have lost all that weight and done yrself a great big favour! X

• posted by Tizzie
    on

Avila,
    I noticed something similar, people at work didn’t comment at all when I lost 2 and a bit stone. Went on holiday and came back two weeks later having put a few pounds back on and everyone noticed straight away that I had lost weight! Nice to get compliments but agree it’s the benefits I’m feeling that really counts.
    I’m waiting til I’ve completed my next 8 weeks to go clothes shopping. Can’t wait! (although I’ve had to buy a belt to keep my trousers up)

• posted by Christi1948
    on

Hi Imogen,
    I have just been checking my mail in my inbox before I delete stuff and there was a post from you talking about, JOTF, please can you explain what that means? Am I being stupid? I can’t see what that means. Thank you.
    Christine.

• posted by Lucky Maneki
    on

Christi – They’re ‘Jeans of the Future’ – that pair of jeans most of us have that don’t fit. Now most of us have pairs that fit ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by Imogen
    on

Hi Christine,

JOTF = jeans of the future.
    Those old favourite jeans that we hang on to…even when we can’t do them up…or that create a huge muffin top when done up…or the ones that you can’t get past your thighs…or the pair we bought in a smaller size in the sales in the hope of slimming into them…the ‘ when I lose a few pound’s’ pair!!!

๐ŸŒป

• posted by Christi1948
    on

Hi Imogen and lucky Maneki,
    Oh right! Jeans of the future, I have loads of them, I did actually do a lot of sorting today and sent two black bags of stuff to the charity shop, they were all clothes that are now too big!
    I have a nice little pile of clothes that I am waiting to fit into, mostly trousers that I can’t get over my thighs!
    It now makes total sense! Doh I’m kicking myself now, it’s so funny! Thanks for putting me out of my misery!
    Christine.

• posted by Lucky Maneki
    on

There we go, the Jeans of the Past must go! I sort my wardrobe about once every four weeks now, and the left hand side is ‘nearly’ in size order from ‘almost’ to ‘HA!’ ๐Ÿ˜‰ But I got rid of another bin bag of stuff the other day!

• posted by Flowerpot
    on

J O T F
    THIS made me laugh so much!! I have had so many of them over the years. Gold

• posted by Flowerpot
    on

Oh well done Linda, congratulations, you’re an inspiration.

Please log in or register to post a reply.