Hello :-)

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Nursebean
    on

Happy Birthday Janey!! Do you live on the Isle of Wight or just holidaying there?! Its beautiful there isn’t it – great way to spend your brithday! xx

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Happy birthday Janey!πŸ’πŸ·πŸŽˆπŸΉπŸ°πŸŽ΅
    Mm is that gorgeous looking cake i saw part of yr celebrations! ( sorry,havent had time to read the whole thread yet.) and more to the point,is it by some wonderful magic,able to be included in BSD fare?

Lucky i hope youre having fun x!

• posted by Janeycoughdrop
    on

Thank you Yowzer and Bean. And welcom to the crazy thread to keep you chuckling as the BSD works it magic!

I no longer live on the IW however all my family still do so I’m over for a short ‘holiday’ and dropping my boy off with his grandparents for a couple of weeks. The weather is glorious – makes me almost miss the place!

Now…most importantly, the cake. It is MAGNIFICENT! Really really yummy in spite of being ‘kosher’ (my sisters term) In fact we are about to have another piece! πŸ°πŸ°πŸ°πŸ°πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰

• posted by tokyo14
    on

hurrah for the cake success although you do appear to have more success than me in the kitchen miss janey are you sabotaging my kitchen ?? !!

on

Lmao Tokyo, you do sound like you’re becoming the ‘Wendy Craig’ character from Butterflies (at the risk of showing my age!). Your faff about lamb always sounds nice tho πŸ˜‰

• posted by Lucky Maneki
    on

Thanks Bean! I’m chuffed to little pieces at my progress πŸ™‚

Yowzer – the cake is Nigella’s Olive Oil cake https://www.nigella.com/recipes/chocolate-olive-oil-cake – it’s legit as long as you use a legit sugar, I think Janey used coconut sugar, correct Janey?

Janey – thrilled to bits about the cake πŸ™‚ Cake win! Enjoy every mouthful πŸ™‚

North Wales beat South Wales, only just though, and we were getting stuffed for most of the match. I’m hoarse from screeching at the Ref, and surprisingly after my small salad box and muffin, I’m still full up. Hubby just said he could do a chicken kebab, he must be crazy…

How’s the steps doing Eps? I’m on about 5500. I did two circuits of the ground. Finish off on the treadmill later πŸ™‚

• posted by Gymgirl51
    on

Happy birthday Janey enjoy yourself xπŸŽ‚πŸΎπŸΈWell done Lucky fantastic results you’ll be stunning at that wedding

• posted by Lucky Maneki
    on

Thanks Gymgirl, there’ll be nothing left of me if I keep losing at this rate! *Does quick Carol Vorderman…* If I lost 5lbs every week between now and the wedding, I would be attending it at … 12 stone 9 lb? I think? Last seen circa 2000. Before husband ruined my body with contented marriage and multiple children (ALL his fault). Haha, I know it won’t go down like that but imagine if it did. Bride would have a shock and a half, she wouldn’t recognise me!

I hope you’re still taking it easy and that the weather is being as kind to you as it seems to be to everyone else πŸ™‚

• posted by Epspecially
    on

Just quick hello to you all! on 8513 lucky but out again soon so will finish it off πŸ’ͺ🏽πŸ’ͺ🏽πŸ’ͺπŸ½πŸ˜ΉπŸ˜ΉπŸ‘―πŸ‘―β˜€οΈ Day of sunshine!

• posted by Lucky Maneki
    on

Ooooooooh Eps! That looks like bread!!! Bookmarked in case it’s nice. Can I asked what you used for ‘oatlets’? What’s an ‘oatlet’ when it’s at home???

Ah bugger, it looks like you’re going to beat me then if you’re on that much before you go for a walk! But – nevertheless! Today’s step total is 10,741 which, for me, is pretty darned good and I’m happy with it! I really went for it on the treadmill, upped my usual steady 4.8 k/h to 5.6 in short bursts and then back down again, I’m dripping like a broken fridge! Feet up with the darts semi-final now, and a litre of water. I know how to do a Saturday night, I tell thee!

on

Dripping like a broken fridge?! I love your analogies! I’ve already poached ‘feet like a griffin’ and applied it to my fathers offending articles today!!

Have spent a lovely day in the sunshine, desperately trying to limit non legal foods in spite of my step mother’s best efforts to he contrary. Was finally pressured into a bit of my ‘official’ birthday cake and it’s been repeating on me all evening… Barf πŸ˜– I’ll stick to the non refined options in the future I think!

• posted by tokyo14
    on

newsflash !!!
    after our day out ( not very exciting visiting OH parents !!) we had a buffet( get me) i took majority of the food so was able to limit the damage but OH who has been doing BSD with me deceided he would eat quiche with pastry and sausages rolls and not just one either anyway even since he has felt really off really bilious and bloated !! so i deduce my good people going back to carbs may be a no go we may be BSD ers for life ( with a few treats inbetween)!!!

on

Totally agree Tokyo. See my previous comment about cake killing me slowly!

• posted by Epspecially
    on

Yay good one, go teamπŸ˜‚πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ» I did 1100 something so we’re both home and dry wahoo. Have a bad feeling about this week that I will put in a few decimals of a kg but it’s not from lack of exercise I tell you! Just stuff sneaking back in I thk, too much cheese maybe or too many single chocolate squares! Anyway all good, will reasses properly Monday.

Hee hee about oatlets, didn’t even read that, just guessed porridge oats as have heard about this bread before. It is out now and looks fluffy and totally like normal soda brown bread. Could be so nice toasted! Have to still check my fitness pal for its calories and carbs but it made 15 slices so should t be too bad..we ll see! Will update soon βœ…πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ˜‚.

Hope darts going well and you having nice chilled eveningπŸ’πŸŒΉ

• posted by Epspecially
    on

Ooo poor OH Tokyo but probably no harm as will put him off for the next time πŸ˜³πŸ˜‚. Go you with your lack of caving!

• posted by Lucky Maneki
    on

Janey – the original version is a bit sweary… NSFF (not suitable for forum lol). And oh Tokyo, your poor husband. I think via this forum I have firmly been put off cheating and alcohol! I’m bloody Paltrowed out here!

Yayyyyy Eps! Are you an Emperor? Because I think you RULE! Lol. You recognise that one, right? πŸ˜‰ Ah right, I thought it would be something along the lines. Mmmmmmm toasted with peanut butter. I haven’t eaten my Helmsley bap yet, and I’ve been sniffing it and wondering if it would be nice toasted with peanut butter lol. Might be a nice breakfast treat tomorrow, I’m still full from lunch! Plus (thankfully) my appetite decreases when it’s hot. Is Monday ‘official’ weigh day? Keep plodding on with the exercise and it should be ok. It’s all been good stuff you’re putting in anyway, better than gaining weight by eating cream cakes. That’s what she said. Is it better? IS IT? *sob*

Darts going well, my favourite is through to the final tomorrow πŸ™‚

• posted by Epspecially
    on

Ha ha ha no it bloody well isn’t better, if I putting on weight I might as well gobbling cream cakes 😹😹😹

(Joking..kind of… πŸ˜³πŸ˜‚)

All good, I haven’t had any major falling off the wagon at all and no bad carbs just must have added more calories so guess it’s a simple eating too much again, just of different things now 😹 Will start from beginning again, it worked before, it’ll work again! Hopefully some of it lady pounds too, pre emptive ones!!

• posted by Lucky Maneki
    on

I’m currently not craving nor missing anything, which is a bit worrying, can’t help but feel it’s the calm before the storm? Even my pizza craving has vanished after my weird eggy bready pizza experiment the other day. Oh those ruddy lady pounds, last Saturday was a shocker for me. But the good thing is that they even themselves out naturally, so try not to worry. Are we pushing for another 10,000 tomorrow? I’m going to see if I can talk hubby into an amble down to Waitrose to get some of that ice cream, and then a walk around the prom, and if he does, I’ll make him a little apple crumble in a ramekin to go with it πŸ˜‰

Night night, my bed is calling! Tomorrow is another day πŸ™‚ Onwards πŸ™‚

• posted by Epspecially
    on

Yes! Another 10,000 today at leastπŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘―πŸ‘― virtual walking buddies across a sea! πŸ‘­πŸ˜Ž

No cravings is a good thing, long may it continue!πŸ‘

• posted by tokyo14
    on

morning all
    hoping everyone has a good day πŸ˜€πŸ˜Ž

• posted by Lucky Maneki
    on

Morning Eps and Tokyo, how are we both today?

Eps, hope you’ve got your walking head on, I’ve already done 3899 steps today πŸ™‚ I have the world’s most inconsiderate neighbours, I haven’t slept a wink all night, because she came in drunk 40 minutes after I went to bed, and she was still at it with her gob and slamming doors until 4.20 am this morning. That’s when I gave up and came downstairs. So I am trying to pound out some of this frustration this morning. And then, when my children are up, we’ll see how she likes SpongeBob Squarepants through a sound bar at full pelt, as her bed is moreorless over my telly πŸ˜€ More than one way to skin a cat! Don’t get mad, get even. You’d be surprised how many mornings I’ve had to hoover my bathroom wall (her bedroom is on the other side of… πŸ˜‰ ) at 7 am on a Sunday morning… those things get so many bits on them…

Apart from that, a 0.1 kg weight gain. And as Peter Kay says… altogether now… πŸ˜‰

on

Another sunny(ish) day in paradise. We are hopping on the ferry and heading to Brighton today. So between now and tomorrow afternoon I expect to do a lot of walking!! Food annoying me though. It’s easier to be at home eating the right stuff! And I woke up this morning and immediately realised I am now ‘mid 40’s’. How can that have happened????

• posted by Lucky Maneki
    on

Morning Janey! Lucky you, raining here, not heavy though. Still very humid. I know what you mean about the food, even though I’m not daft (well…) and I’ve had some great suggestions for foods to eat, I am dreading this camping trip food wise.

Hmmm… still seventeen in the old head, eh? Yup… yup. Me too.

• posted by Gymgirl51
    on

Morning all,picnic packed car ready family almost ready off to Warwick Castle then out for dinner,looking forward to a nice family day and a bit of Knight ogling .

• posted by Lucky Maneki
    on

Morning Gymgirl! How lovely, hope you have a great day! Don’t overdo it! Knight ogling eh? And why not indeed.

I’ve just made the other chocolate cake that Eps put up, the My heart beets one… well, I’ve made the mix anyway… going to do cupcakes with it. Last longer that way and better portion control. Haven’t put choc chips in it and I’m going to work out now if I can ‘afford’ to make a ganache to put on top. Probably not…! Mixture tasted lovely up to putting the eggs in, so fingers crossed!

• posted by Epspecially
    on

Ooo brill will be looking forward to hearing about cup cakes πŸ˜†

Porridge bread is 110 calories per slice and good few carbs, think 11 or maybe 14g but if only one slice not too bad and definitely filling. Toasts really well too, gets kind of nutty.πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ» on big walk on coast and the air show todayπŸ’ͺπŸ½πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»β›…οΈπŸ›©βœˆοΈπŸš€ Your Red Devils are visiting! 😝 Brought packed lunch celery and humous and tomatoes and oat bread and ham and cheese sandwich – take that manky take away stands!!!πŸ’ͺ🏽πŸ’ͺ🏽πŸ’ͺ🏽😹😹

Hope we all get done sun!

• posted by Lucky Maneki
    on

Well Eps (and anyone else interested in chocolate cake…) the cupcakes are made from the link you shared the other day! They’re a standard fairy cake size, so we’re not talking supermarket muffin size. I got 17 decent sized ones out of one mix, and they worked out 146 calories each. Obviously there has to be a taste test so I’ve just quartered one and youngest and I had a quarter each to try and they are really nice! Probably nicer with a bit of a topping on and maybe the choc chunks in but hey – it’s a chocolate cake that tastes like chocolate cake and passed the nearly 10 year old’s taste test. Not too sweet either but sweet enough. Sometimes chocolate cake can be a bit too rich and sickly. Yes it can! Don’t argue with me Tokyo (second guessing you answering me in your head as you read this lol).

Kitchen win!

Food today is minted lamb, mashed cauliflower, peas and steamed veg. And a chocolate cake πŸ™‚

• posted by Lucky Maneki
    on

Eps I missed your post somehow!!! Ah, cos we posted same time, great minds! 110 calories, that’s not bad at all, this could solve the hubby’s toast issue (it’s all he’s struggling with doing without, his morning toast). As an occasional thing it won’t be too bad. Better than him having white bread once a week, which to his credit, he only did the first two weeks.

Ah the Red Devils are fab, I’ve seen them a few times over the years, not lately though (only on TV!). Packed lunch sounds tasty and nutritious, let me know what your butty tasted like! And have a lovely day, bucketing it down here now, so looks like we’re stuck in!

• posted by tokyo14
    on

now then mrs lucky and janey i am beginning to get a bit paranoid bout my baking skills!!!
    janey- i do believe i am ria from butterflies at the moment on puddings only !! maybe its the BSD gids stopping me from cheating !!!!
    lucky – get you with your chocolate cupcakes!!!!
    quiet day here as OH still feels rank ( no i am not laughing honest!!!) he is been a tad dramatic tho!!!!!
    i know what you mean about the eating out its a hard one yesterday wjilst having the buffet i had some control but wont always be like that i know it may be a case if picking the best of bad choices unless i am at paltrows house and i am sure she will cater for me !!!!!!

• posted by Lucky Maneki
    on

They ain’t half bad Tokyo! And very easy to make. A couple were a bit odd shaped, they’ve risen in odd places, towards the edge as opposed to the middle but hey ho. I don’t want to look at them, or photograph them, and they’ll be an odder shape after I’ve swallowed them! Just passed hubby’s taste test too. So it looks like with Janey’s Nigella bake and these cupcakes we have two pretty decent chocolate cake recipes πŸ™‚ You might be ok baking on a Sunday Tokyo, maybe it’s just Fridays that were jinxed???

Oh bless him, that can’t be much fun. Really putting me off trying to eat anything ‘forbidden’ all this is, you know? Eating out is a pain, and in a lot of places the lack of choice for people is ridiculous. Salad. I would rather sit with a diet coke and starve until I got home than pay for a salad. I don’t eat out often, but when I do I want something good, something worth paying for? And forking out Β£10 upwards for a bloody salad isn’t my idea of a meal out. Especially when I can’t have chips with it πŸ˜‰

on

I do periodically have the crisis about my advancing age. I’m sure I’m only 34, not 44. I suppose on the plus side people don’t think I look my age (even when I was chubbier) but even so.. Too many places to go and things to experience before I give in to being old! Stepmother cooked me a ‘legal’ brekkie this morning (flat mushrooms, poached eggs and bacon) so I’m topped up and ready to go exploring. Enjoy Kenilworth and the Knights.. Always a good day out!

• posted by tokyo14
    on

i may attempt a bake but shall put out a general state warning first !!!!
    send me the recipe for your cupcakes lucky
    have a good day and speak later xx

• posted by Epspecially
    on

Ha ha ha have just been told they the red arrows not Red Devils but still cool. Hasn’t started yet, lunch timeπŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

• posted by Lucky Maneki
    on

Eps – I called them the Red Devils too, and I didn’t bloody twig!!! I was that tired!

Anyway, fell asleep in chair at half 11. Just woke now. Feel even stupider.

Tokyo it was this one – http://myheartbeets.com/paleo-chocolate-cake/

Janey – Goddesses never age πŸ˜‰ Enjoy your dirty overnighter πŸ˜‰

• posted by Epspecially
    on

I’d like a chocolate bun to go with my cup of tea.. Lucky? Pleeeeease? πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

• posted by Lucky Maneki
    on

How’s your upper body strength? Can you get to a boat? Can meet you in Holyhead??? :-p

• posted by Epspecially
    on

Hee hee great idea, the steps would do us good πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ‘

• posted by Lucky Maneki
    on

It’d do me good after my sleep, can’t even think to get moving now. Good job I’ve done over half my steps for the day!

• posted by Gymgirl51
    on

Warwick done, knights definitely worth an ogle, πŸ‘Over 11,000 steps so allowed myself a magnum …..yummy.
    Janey you are a youngster, I had a significant birthday last year 3 weeks of celebrating made it bearable, but I still think I’m in my twenties and when I hear songs from the eighties I have a shock when they say it was 30 years ago….. I can’t be that old ! Enjoy everything and always say yes to new challenges that push you out of your comfort zone.

• posted by tokyo14
    on

evening all hope today was a good one no baking from me stayed out if the kitchen !!!

• posted by Lucky Maneki
    on

Glad you had a nice day out! A Magnum! I used to love those as a teen, white ones. 80’s hands down my best decade for music.

Evening Tokyo πŸ™‚ I spent the day snoozing in my chair, but to no avail. Kept up all night by her, and kept up all day by him screaming at their children because she was trying to sleep! Fancy that! Alright for some, eh? πŸ™‚ Happy days! Watched my favourite MvG win the darts. Didn’t get my 10,000 steps after a good start but I did do an hour’s walk, and 7688 steps, not bad on no sleep. Feeling very tired and very cross indeed. Lamb dinner was nice and had a dark chocolate mousse bar with the darts. Could sleep for a week…

on

I am soooooo chilled out. Have been to a naturist health spa for the evening and now I’m relaxed and super clean! Off to find some Lebanese food – plenty of chickpeas and meat!

• posted by Lucky Maneki
    on

Did you have a steam clean??

Enjoy your meal πŸ™‚

• posted by tokyo14
    on

get our janey all chilled and clean !!!!
    lucky maybe you too need a spa!!
    or send your neiggbour and kids there then you can enjoy the quiet !!

• posted by josie53
    on

is anyone watching trying to fix Dad

• posted by Lucky Maneki
    on

I tell you Tokyo, I’m reaching my limit slowly. Everyone has a mad one as a one off, I do, but on special occasions. New Year, birthdays, things might go on until 12 or 1 am. But not every weekend like she does, and we do keep it down to a dull roar. She doesn’t know the meaning of the words ‘indoor voice’. Looks like weather bad for next weekend too, so camping might not be then. Can’t wait to get away from them. I’d rather freeze in a tent and get sleep than be kept awake like that again. I was fantasising about going downstairs about three this morning, with an axe, hacking their back door to pieces and saying ‘Slam it now, mo-fo’s!’. But I was too exhausted to channel my inner Arnie.

No, Josie? What’s that? Hubby has got something on catch up about Mexican army and drugs. I’m off to bed in a bit.

• posted by tokyo14
    on

do it lucky i shall scream from the gallery at your trial ” she was pushed to it m’lud”!!! i shall explain how hard you have worked on BSD and all the baking success you have had !!!! sure that will go in your favour !!!

• posted by josie53
    on

Its about trying to reverse type 2 diabetes by lowering carbohydrates, very scary but interesting

on

Failed with Lebanese and ********* place was shut. Open till 23.30pm, my arse! 😑 However we have stumbled on a random, slightly eccentric Italian steak house that the owner has proudly proclaimed is open all night for us! Not a moment too soon, I was beginning to lose my sense of humour from starvation! STEAK for Janey!

And no, foo foo not steam cleaned but sauna’D and jacuzzi’ed ‘etc’ πŸ˜†

Please log in or register to post a reply.