Hello :-)

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Lucky Maneki
    on

Oh now that does look good! Probably best not to cover it then.

Apparently less sweet? What the what? I think not!

• posted by tokyo14
    on

yes janey that looks like a lively cake well done x

• posted by Janeycoughdrop
    on

A LIVELY cake?! I like the sound of that πŸ˜†

• posted by tokyo14
    on

i am having a real dolly downer day again bloody fridays !!!! i cant even spell now !!

• posted by Timmy
    on

40 more minutes (just enough time for a cuppa) then I’ve got a 2.5/3 hour car journey to look forward to. At least it’s sunny and I can get the roof down. Although I’m not sure I fancy no roof on the M25.

• posted by Epspecially
    on

oooo fab cake Janey – full marks :-)))))

• posted by Lucky Maneki
    on

Awwwwww Tokyo, come to your safe place, you’ll be fine here πŸ™‚ I’m getting grumpier and grumpier by the second because hubby isn’t plotting very well with me for this camping trip. Keeps throwing ‘How big do you think this trailer is?’ when I’m saying what I want to bring. This is he who has just downgraded from a people carrier to a Mondeo (downgrade in seat size I mean, from an 8 to a 5, the car itself is much better, in that – it drives and doesn’t break down every 2 weeks).

I’d rather you than me, Timmy, that’s a fair trek! Safe journey.

• posted by Timmy
    on

It should only take 2 hours, but I’m factoring in M25 Friday evening joy. It might end up taking me 4 hours!

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Hi everyone and happy BSDing! I am on day 10 after being inspired to give it a go after a pal lost 31 lb in 8 weeks of BSD!
    I lost 12 lb in my first week,mainly water i know,but soooo encouraging!
    Also pleasantly surprised that apart from the first day i havent craved bread etc though i am sure i am (was) addicted to anything from a bakery!
    It seems this diet is not as difficult as it may look at first glance!
    My question is :- is anybody doing this for 24 weeks? Or did i imagine i read somewhere that it can be done for 24 weeks!
    Thanks for reading and have a good weekend! X

• posted by Lucky Maneki
    on

Hi Yowzer, welcome πŸ™‚ Great weight loss, doesn’t matter what it was, water or fat – it’s gone now πŸ™‚ I am a pastry addict, a whiff of Greggs can reduce me to tears. It is easy as long as you know what you’re eating in advance, I’ve found it’s when you don’t it’s dangerous. I’m currently trying to plan a camping trip and I am at my wits end and could strangle my husband when he said ‘I’d like to stick to the calories but it would be easier to have a bap with my bacon in the morning’… give me strength!

I start week 7 tomorrow and I have lost 29 lbs and my husband 24 lbs. I’ve still got a long, long way to go, so I am going to do it for as long as I need to/can and then switch to 5:2. I like this way of eating, there’s very little I’m missing to the point of craving it and I’m managing fine on 800 calories. If I find that changes, I’ll increase the calories slightly but still keep within the remit of what’s ‘legal’. Which is probably what is going to happen while I’m camping… πŸ˜‰

• posted by Epspecially
    on

Have great time camping Lucky! It’ll be brill. Hope stressful packing stage is nearly over. Only the stressful putting up the tent stage to go so ;-))))

I went for a weekend on about week 5 I think, and found avocados good to have because you can just eat them like a spoon and an instant meal almost! Kind of stopped me thinking I was missing out too as they are so tasty. We brought rashers too but didn’t cook them – also smoked salmon was kind of useful. OO and dont forget the water! I brought bottles of sparkling water and kept one around all the time. It’s good as no kitchen or fridge to find delights in either! πŸ˜‰

• posted by Lucky Maneki
    on

Gawd I haven’t got as far as the packing stage, I’m *this* stressed out at the ‘paper’ stage! This is a mere list! Great call on the avocados! They’re nice and filling, and they would be great for a lunch, just make sure there’s a sharp knife in with our picnic stuff. Orrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! I could even try the frozen ones! πŸ˜‰ And the smoked salmon, that’s what I’m having for tea tonight, peppered smoked salmon salad, it’s nice too, just nicked a tiny piece. Hubby is making the salad now, that’s one of his jobs (as well as stirring the pans ) πŸ˜‰ and he can say he’s made tea four times this week now lol. We’ve got a cracking massive coolbox that keeps things frozen for up to 5 days depending on how often you go in and out of it, plus there’s a little supermarket within about a mile that has a good range of salad and meat, there’s a butchers on site, because it’s a farm shop so they have nice steaks and homemade burgers, and all the major supermarkets are within about 10 miles too. Two days after we get there, the car boot sale we got the double yolker eggs from is on, that’s only about 10 miles away too, so we’re going to go and stock up on those, can’t go wrong with an omelette for breakfast or for a quick lunch. I would be bouncing excited about it only for the food thing. Breakfast isn’t an issue, nor is tea, but it’s just the going out for the day, where we could usually pop in a bakery or take some sandwiches, the last thing I really want to be doing is assembling bloody salad at 8 in the morning on a camping table.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Thanks for the welcome Lucky and congrats on yr and OHs great progress
    I hope the camping goes well and you have lovely weather x i’m at DDs house for the weekend and a bit scared i will somehow come off track..even tho she is a 21:3 faster so its unlikely she’ ll be tempting me with goodies!
    Me too re Greggs! *sigh*!

• posted by Bissell
    on

Tinned sardines/tuna? Boiled eggs? Hummus? Cheese? Any help?
    Prynhawn da Lucky! I’ve just finished the second year of Welsh evening classes, I did an exam and everything! Haven’t got the results yet, so I can kid myself it was ok. I’ve forgotten most of it by now though and I’m a steward at the Eistedfordd one morning. Please god no one asks me anything! Apart from ble mae’r Ty Bach?
    Enjoy the camping!

• posted by Lucky Maneki
    on

Thank you Yowzer πŸ™‚ Well, as for the weather, it’s Wales we’re talking about so I won’t be holding my breath… Try and remain strong, the more situations you can come out of without cheating, the easier you’ll find it the next time. I’ve survived a Sunday Dinner at my parents, where I had no roasties, no yorkies and no mashed potato. I ate everything else and took my own mashed cauli – potato substitute. Everyone else had a lovely homemade dessert, we had greek yogurt and berries. I sat with a black coffee watching my sister in law eat the world’s biggest steak baguette. I’ve only got eating out and camping to get under my belt now and I can take on the world! Greggs… I will be having a Festive Bake at Christmas though, whether or not.

Tuna and boiled eggs yes, and hummus possibly, I’ve only tried it once and that was this week, it was ok, nice, jury is still out at the moment. Prynhawn da, Bissel! Diolch am y syniadau dda! Fingers crossed that you passed, although the fact alone that you’re learning and were willing to take an exam, you should pass by default πŸ™‚ Pob lwc efo’r canlyniadau ac yr Eisteddfod! πŸ™‚

• posted by josie53
    on

oh my god that looks stunning, i can almost taste it

• posted by Gymgirl51
    on

The cake looks lovely Janey and well done TokyoπŸ‘πŸ‘.My back is starting to feel better but I haven’t mentioned it to the offspring yet, my son put the vacuum round yesterday after work and my daughter has said she’ll do the ironing tomorrow……result ! Tea tonight is fish pie …mashing celeriac gets a lot of aggression out . Had a bit of a treat at lunchtime when I shared a muffin with my husband ( no dirty minds please ) but today and yesterday were much better days, Have fun on your weekend Janey πŸŽ‚πŸŽ‚

• posted by Gymgirl51
    on

Lucky could you make a frittata to take with you for a couple of days ?

• posted by Lucky Maneki
    on

Physio said two weeks, so you take the two weeks πŸ˜‰

Saying nothing about sharing a muffin with your husband. I shall just assume that is a euphemism…

Don’t mention the F word in front of Tokyo… that wasn’t one of her better days either, was it Tokyo? Yes, I could do, and cut it into nice thick wedges πŸ™‚ Thanks πŸ™‚ Determined not to balls this up!

on

We are sitting in the car, waiting to get on the ferry! Cake is in the back, hopefully unscathed and the sun is beaming down! Small bit of anxiety because the company I work for is based in Munich so have been trying to make sure all my friends and colleagues are ok and accounted for. So far so good altho it’s horrific what’s happening.

Am starving for some food now. Avoided stopping at McDonald’s (‘no time’) and have had to ensure the other 2 piglets working their way through a bag of maltesers on the journey down. I know chilli is on offer at my dads when we get there

• posted by Lucky Maneki
    on

Why, what’s happened in Munich???

How long until you get there? Haven’t you packed a small snack? Have a safe journey, let us know that you’ve arrived safely! I’m going to google the news now, this is what happens when your TV is permanently tuned to Sky Sports and Cartoon bloody Network!

on

We’re on our way over on the ferry! I’ve had an apple to keep me going and have my trusty pot of flaked almonds in my bag for emergencies. Hope th cake has survived the trip!?

• posted by Lucky Maneki
    on

How soon after you arrive before you cut into it??? I reckon within 10… πŸ˜‰

on

Nooooo I have to wait until my sister rocks up tomorrow afternoon 😱

I’m annoyed at myself for forgetting to bring one of my quinoa ‘easy pots’ to have with chilli. Might have to give in to a spoonful of rice with it at this rate. Can’t eat it with nothing alongside 😑

• posted by tokyo14
    on

evening everyone well fistly janey have a lovely time !!
    and timmy too although not together !!!
    secondly i am now going to have to find a new name for friday !!! after last weeks epic fail on the baking i thought i shall avoid all baking of any description !! so for tea we had persian lamb ( you know the faffy one !!) so i thought i will make luckys wraps like i have made loads of times but would they work hell no !!!! i managed to get a few but not as good as my usual standard !! wondering if i had a batch of flour ?? or the saints of cooking are against me on a friday !!!!

• posted by Lucky Maneki
    on

Tokyo – my first lot with leftover Koh-I-Noor chickpea flour – fantastic. Ran out quite quickly so…
    Bought a bag from Morrisons, KTC make – can’t do a bloody thing with it when making wraps. Same recipe, same frying pan… if I could get two out of the batch, it was a miracle.
    Finally got my Koh-I-Noor from Tesco again – first batch – fantastic, second and third batch – awful. I threw more away than we ate. The only difference that I could say, was the weather! That it was really hot when I cooked them, but I can’t see that making a difference?

So, you are not alone there my love!

• posted by Lucky Maneki
    on

Were they like… almost eggy, soft and tearing apart as you try and turn them over? Mine were. I had to REALLY cook them on the first side, longer than usual, and then turn them over.

• posted by tokyo14
    on

i use the morrisons flour and normally i am frying them for england and everyone is perfect but tonight no good seemed too runny like you wondered bout the weather !
    you ready for you weigh in tomorrow lucky?

• posted by Lucky Maneki
    on

It’s the only thing I can think. I’ve had success no matter how runny the batter is, so it seems a bit odd.

I am indeed! Don’t know if I’ll have lost any more, was the same this morning, but either way, I’m currently 4lb down on last Saturday, so it would be greedy wanting any more. Although I’ll take it gladly if it wants to come off! Won’t complain at all! Hubby bought a shirt at a testimonial match for one of our team’s players who was retiring (and who I fancy like mad! Google Stuart Reardon and click on images!) and in the time it’s taken for them to gather all the orders, order them, and have it sent out to us, it’s like a baggy dress on hubby! So – guess who has a nice new rugby shirt that fits over the old Nurse Gladys Emmanuel boobage? Bless him. He’s a diamond. I also have a Stuart pen, calendar and mug πŸ˜€ The calendar is… artistic. You know, artistic how our BSD calendar will be…?

• posted by tokyo14
    on

am going to google said gentleman right away !!!! have you tried that ice cream ?

• posted by tokyo14
    on

oh my word lucky !!! he’s a bit of alright yes please thank you very much !!!!!

• posted by Lucky Maneki
    on

I didn’t get a chance to go to Waitrose, I don’t know what happened to today. I only managed 20 minutes on the treadmill, didn’t get my cakes made, all the stuff is laid out ready to do them, I wish I could say I’d accomplished something in the house, but nope! Day just gone!

My mum nearly had a hot flush looking through the calendar lol. Had to start fanning herself with it. He is a model too, and he does book covers, those gorgeous men they have on books come from somewhere you know! Lol. I will share him with you, not selfish πŸ™‚

• posted by tokyo14
    on

thank you and with that i bid snother friday good night !!!! at least janeys cske worked hurrah !!!!

• posted by Gymgirl51
    on

Thanks for the Google tip Lucky ! That’s brightened up my evening πŸ‘€πŸ‘€

• posted by Lucky Maneki
    on

Night night Tokyo, I’m off in a bit, just had a massive sneezing fit, something triggered my allergies off. How about Write-off Fridays? Thank God it’s Saturday tomorrow.

Haha! You’re very welcome Gymgirl. Unfortunately he’s retired now, picked up an injury, so he won’t see the rest of the season out. So I won’t get to ogle him tomorrow. But hey, thank God for Google. And my calendar. Which is strategically placed on my kitchen door. I’ve never enjoyed washing up so much in my life… πŸ˜‰

• posted by Epspecially
    on

Happy Birthday Janey!!πŸ’‹πŸ’πŸ’πŸ’πŸ’πŸŒΊπŸŒ»πŸŒΌπŸŒ·πŸŒΉβ˜€οΈβ˜€οΈβ˜€οΈ

• posted by Lucky Maneki
    on

Janey! I’m using my iPad so I can give you 🍰 and 🍷🍾 and a new πŸ‘— (Virtual) for your birthday. I hope the weather is β˜€οΈ. Happy happy birthday! Weigh loss news shall follow… πŸ˜‡

• posted by Lucky Maneki
    on

Right then, chickpea munchers! Another small weight loss today takes the total lost in week 6 to… 5lbs off! That makes a grand total of 30lbs in 6 weeks! Scales are now at 15 stone 7lbs, but I will continue weighing in kg throughout the week as that led to fewer hissy fits and RADA moments from yours truly! I’ve said it before and I will say it again, there is no way I’d have lost 5lbs on any other plan, 6 weeks in, after already losing such a large amount of weight. For me, this week, the walking has been key. That’s what has made the difference. Today, the plan is to walk around the perimeter of the rugby pitch a few times to get my step count up.

Well, I am unprepared for my trip to Chester, I forgot to take the chicken strips and Helmsley baps out of the freezer, so they are on my kitchen worktops defrosting now, as are two of my original bakes, the blueberry almond muffins, five of us need showers before we go (in under 3 hours), everyone else is still asleep and I can’t feel my legs. But I’m 5lbs down so… yayyyy! Finish my coffee, go up and wake hubby up excitedly, get him to take my measurements which will hopefully be better than last week’s GAIN on almost every body part… and then jump in shower. My jeans feel even baggier today πŸ˜€

• posted by Izzy
    on

Yay for a successful week! Hope you enjoy your trip πŸ™‚

Happy Birthday Janey!

• posted by Lucky Maneki
    on

Izzy, how are you πŸ™‚ I’ve certainly had worse weeks πŸ˜‰ Thank you, I will, if this food defrosts… lol

on

Good morning everyone! Happy birthday to me – thanks for all your lovely wishes. There will be (legal) cake and celebrations later, here on the sunny Isle of Wight πŸŽ‰πŸ°. Feel a bit ‘stodgy’ as had to give in to a bit of white rice with my dinner last night.. Although did at least limit how much! I know it’s OK to relax the BSD a bit today but I’m not sure I want to! We will see what food is on offer and choose wisely later πŸ‘πŸΌ

Hope everybody enjoys their Saturdays in the sunshine. Lucky – leave your food on the car parcel shelf to defrost!!!

• posted by tokyo14
    on

GO JANEY its your birthday !!😎😎

and way to go lucky woo hoo !!!!πŸ˜€πŸ˜€

enjoy your day both of you huge hugs for my new virtual pals 😍😍

• posted by Lucky Maneki
    on

Half an inch off one of my calves, the offending calf isn’t budging though… 1/2 and 3/4 inch off my thighs…1.5 inches off my hips and waist each πŸ˜€

• posted by Lucky Maneki
    on

Love that attitude Janey! Hope the cake tastes as amazing as it looks! I think it should be ok, don’t relish the thought of hot salad *gag*. Will leave it to the very last minute to assemble. Baps are nearly done, well they would be, the sods are wafer thin. Baps my ar*e. Hope you get suitably spoiled today πŸ™‚

Virtual friend???? But Tokyo, I’m alive. See? And… and I’m… I’m real. I’m a real woman! Sorry, had to pinch a bit of Pinocchio there πŸ˜‰

And you Tokyo, for one – it isn’t Friday any more! Yayyyyy! For that reason alone, today will be fantastic πŸ˜€

• posted by Epspecially
    on

Brilliant Lucky! That is so much to lose in one week, so delighted for you. All that hard walking in the sweat boxπŸ‘πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜˜πŸ’ͺ🏽πŸ’ͺ🏽

• posted by Lucky Maneki
    on

Thank you kindly Eps! I know, it paid off, didn’t it? I’ve also been on this morning, waiting for everyone else to have a shower, so I’ve already done 2577 steps today before I’ve left the house πŸ™‚ That’s the gauntlet thrown down to you Eps, I’m going to get my 10,000 today πŸ˜‰ Are you in?

• posted by Epspecially
    on

Definitely!! πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ» the walk competition is on πŸ˜Ήβœ…βœ…

weekends are easy usually, much more time to do things. Just left shopping centre after 30 minutes of hell.. I don’t know how people bear them, lights too many people, shouting kids, cakes everywhere😹😹😹 didn’t buy anything tho which is a pity as wanted to inspire myself with something that fitted wellπŸ’ͺ🏽πŸ’ͺ🏽 next time! Friends over for dinner last night and had one glass of wine and feeling delicate even after that. Hope camping going well, gorgeous and sunny here.

• posted by Lucky Maneki
    on

I go to town as early as possible for these reasons lol. Especially school holidays, can barely tolerate my own children never mind others lol. I’m not camping this weekend that’s next weekend. We at the rugby, it’s scorchio! Fingers crossed for a win! North v south! X

• posted by Epspecially
    on

Ooo ha ha yes sorry, it was advance planning😹 Great about rugby, enjoy it πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»

• posted by Nursebean
    on

Hi Lucky Maneki!

I’m new here too and am amazed at your progress in such a short space of time!! I know what you mean about having full fat Fage – isn’t it delish!!

Well done with your terrific start – and here’s to seeing less of you – soon!

Bean xx

Please log in or register to post a reply.