Hello :-)

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Janeycoughdrop
    on

I’ve retired to bed with a book as OH is out this evening. Gym girl.. Your children will do housework??! Make the most of that bad back!!

Lucky – I think the chick pea batter lasts OK in the fridge. I’ve had leftover batter a couple of times and it’s fine a couple of days after. If it looks too thick I just put a bit of water in it. Certainly better to have spare batter than reheat cold cooked wraps, as far as I’m concerned!

Working from home for rest of week.. Lovely! Hope weather is still ok and I can stretch the laptop lead out to the garden ☺️

• posted by Lucky Maneki
    on

Yes, unbattered fish doesn’t sound as appealling. Plus you’d have to trust yourself not to eat it lol.
    Yayyyy you deserve one! Have you decided on one yet? No, no more cinderella moments as yet, going to try my rugby shirt on before bed, see if the muffin top is more like a cupcake top for this weekend!
    Mmmmmm fry up, can’t beat it. Shove a heck sausage on it too for good measure 😉

Ah right, yes that makes sense. I end up cooking loads of bloody wraps and not eating them or not enjoying them. Will try that next time.

That’s what extension cables were made for Janey 😉

• posted by tokyo14
    on

i looked at those wristbands you said so maybe one of those
    i ma sure the rugby top will look divine darling
    when you cake making janey ??

• posted by Lucky Maneki
    on

If you do get one of those let me know and we can connect via the app and BATTLE!!!!!!!!!!!! 😉 And check Amazon, they’re about £30 cheaper on there than other places! It was about a month ago I tried it on last and it was a bit tight. Excited to go up to bed now!

• posted by tokyo14
    on

have i missed something ” excited to go to bed now”?? bit too much information ha ha
    what size did you get ( wristband !!) wheres janey when you need her ooh ers mrs !!

• posted by Lucky Maneki
    on

So I can try my rugby shirt on! Tsk! Filth! 😉
    It’s one size, you can adjust the wristband 🙂

• posted by tokyo14
    on

aah i see let us know how it fits mrs
    not used to janey being so quiet !!

on

I’m trying to read here lol. Mind you, the OH has just arrived home, several drinks in him… No doubt he’s excited to go to bed too, but for different reasons 🙄

What wristbands are you talking about? I’m confused!

• posted by tokyo14
    on

you need to get one too janey it will be like gettingbin a nightclub you have to show your wristband !!!! ask lucky

on

What super powers does this wristband offer me? Or does it just nag me for not doing enough exercise?! Send me the link!

• posted by Lucky Maneki
    on

Sorry! Fell asleep! Ok, this is the one I have https://www.amazon.co.uk/Jawbone-UP2-Fitness-Tracker-Black/dp/B00QL1GZL0 I’m not endorsing it as being brilliant or better than any other one out there, which it probably isn’t… my friend swears by her Fitbit, I prefer the price on this one. You can input your food, scan your groceries, something I never use it for. Input your activity, or it detects when you’ve been active and asks if you want to input it, works out your calories burned for the day, tracks your steps, you can log your weight and it tells you how close you are to your goal. It monitors your sleep, breaks it down into deep sleep/light sleep. Does an awful lot more than I use it for, to be fair. And you can link up with friends by inputting their emails (I think) and compete with them for steps etc. Cheap, cheerful (as long as you buy it from Amazon and not PC world or anywhere! Where they are still £80!).

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiight. Well ladies. Well. My gast is well and truly flabbered. My timbers are suitably shivered. This is where I wish I could change the font size because today, the scales showed 99.0 kg! Yes indeedy my little chickpea munchers! Another loss of 0.7 kg, which already gives me very, very close to 4lb off for the week, and I don’t weigh officially for another two days! The curse has been broken! Another mini goal is marked off my massive goals list – my BMI is now under 40 – 39.8 from my starting BMI of 45.1! Whilst not wanting to get too far ahead of myself, what you said yesterday, Janey, that I could lose another 2 stone before the wedding, well – yes, if I can still pull in weight losses of 4lb a week at this stage of the plan! And I have to say, the only change I have made this week is walking. I know I haven’t pulled in great step counts over the whole of the week, some days it’s only been 6000, but when you think that of late, it could be as low as 2000 a day, it’s a vast improvement! That’s given me incentive to really push myself now! More salads! More water! More walking! I can do this!

Tokyo, the rugby top still looked a bit like I’d sprayed it on. To my shame it’s actually an XXXL not an XXL – but in my defence it’s one of these rigid tops with zero give in the fabric. And it’s a very small sizing because hubby was an XXL before he started this and even his is still tight on him after losing nearly 2 stone.

Happy, happy, happy! 😀

• posted by Epspecially
    on

Wahooooo! Wow that’s a great week and it’s not even over!! Brilliant lucky 👏👏👏👏 the walking is the key I think, it works so well💪🏽☀️💃🏻☀️

I have an up2 too, it’s great!

on

Yaaay that’s a Friday feeling, in a Thursday! It must be the walking. Which makes me think I really need to up the exercise. I guess that I could now find more time to walk in the evenings of my boy is away for a few weeks. I’ve also been trying to find a yoga or Pilates class that i can get to, either in my lunch hour or in the evening. Local leisure centre seems to be doing its best to thwart this effort by refusing to accept my membership number.. I feel a challenge coming on!

It’s hot and sunny again. Best get the sarong on and hit the garden with my laptop!

• posted by Lucky Maneki
    on

Thank you Eps 😀 I am absolutely made up!! And thank you so much for putting your boot up my backside this week! You’re definitely less annoying than ‘Were you just at a pep rally? Because your spirit ROCKS!’ LOL. It has to be the walking, well the book says as much, doesn’t it? Diet, water, walking.

I am really happy with it, I know others do heart rate and things like that but I’m not an exerciser, I don’t do anything else but walk, and that’s not likely to ever change now. I’m just not sporty, never have been. And I’m woefully uncoordinated. Let me know if you’d like to connect on it, I don’t want to be pushy, and it’s totally fine if you don’t want to. I’m chomping at the bit to be pitted against someone, I think that could be the key to making me work more! My friend who has a fitbit says she would be running up and down the stairs so as not to let her WW leader beat her in steps for the day!

Yeahhhhhhhhhh Janey! It’s hazy here, but the sun is really trying to break through. Nice and cool too. Not cold, like it has been. Who’d have thought a week ago I had to put the heating on when I woke! Enjoy your ‘work’ in the garden. Sparkling waiter for Janey, please! Wooop!

• posted by Epspecially
    on

Hee hee I’ll have to make up some Annoying comments so😝👏🏻😂👏 you go girlfriend etc 💪🏽😝😂
    Walking is great as low impact, really easy and so good for your head, orders everything nicely🤓
    I am going through a no losing few days but guess just keep it up and it ll happen. Have been keeping to the plan and doing loads of exercise but maybe gaining muscle? She says hopefully.. 🤔😎 or too hot!! Really, I think my body likes the cool, Celtic temperament (like the salt, v exclusive and fussy🤗🤗😂😂👏)

• posted by Epspecially
    on

Aa JAney hope working from home goes well.. ☀️🌻🍉🍹😹👏🏻

Found you an alternative birthday cake at about 12 last night but did t post as you’d all be wondering why I was googling cakes at midnight..

• posted by Lucky Maneki
    on

Well yeah! That’s better than some of the waffle Smartcoach comes out with or whatever the heck it’s called. If you’re on Twitter I think it can be done that way. I’m (at) luckygoldcat I’m too scared to connect it to Twitter yet in case it adds everyone on my list who has an UP. I’ve over 1000 followers (only actually know about 30 of them…) and it could get messy if I can’t pick and choose 🙂

Some days, I just ace it, and for me music is the key. Some days my ipod just amazes me, it churns out tune after tune that I love, and it keeps me going. I am proud of the fact that I pushed myself the last two days though, even though last night was cooler (in temperature), it was actually still very hot where the treadmill lives. I’ve just realised I’ve missed a bloody trick today, younger sons have appointments today in town at 10, one optician that hubby is doing and one opening bank account, which I have been saddled with. If I’d thought about it, I could have had a three mile walk into town with one of the children. I love that walk too, because it’s reasonably straight and completely flat.

I’m with you. Cooler is better for me too *thumbs up*

I think it’s just going to happen now and again, I had a shocker last week, didn’t I? Seven days literally for nothing, no weight loss and inch gain! And yes it could be muscle gain, it weighs more than fat, but it’s never any consolation on a scale, that – is it? 😉 Is it connected in any way to your cycle, maybe? At least we know on days/weeks like that, that what we’ve put into our sacred temples (!) has been all good, and it will remedy itself in time, at it’s own pace. That’s the annoying thing. It works at it’s own pace, not ours.

• posted by Lucky Maneki
    on

Why were you googling cakes at midnight…?

• posted by Lucky Maneki
    on

That cake looks AMAZING! It has frosting!

• posted by Epspecially
    on

Maybe virtual carbs from googling cakes are pilling on as I sleep 😱😱

Hee hee😂😂

• posted by Epspecially
    on

Think I looked at Facebook and one of the cookery celeb ladies had put up a new blog post and then I read all the comments too😂

• posted by Epspecially
    on

Does t it! Only for rare occasions I’d say💪🏽💪🏽💪🏽😳😫

• posted by Lucky Maneki
    on

Maybe that’s it. I swear I only have to think about pastry and I’m done for. It must be psychological or something.

I would have a crack at this but I don’t think it would need quite so much frosting either, if it wasn’t being made as a ‘special’ cake? I’m sure a layer in the middle would suffice. The reviews look good too, what I always look for is what I call ‘normal’ people’s reviews. Those who don’t eat paleo, or low carb, or who don’t have intolerances. It’s those who can eat them, yet still say that the recipe is one of the nicest they’ve tried, that’s what I home in on. Not that I’m saying we’re not normal, of course…

It also works for cupcakes too…?

• posted by Epspecially
    on

Oooo cupcake maybe small batch and just bit of melted chocolate for icing 👏👏👍

• posted by Lucky Maneki
    on

Yup! 🙂 Eeeeeeeeek!

• posted by Timmy
    on

Did you miss me? I’ve spent the last few days drowning in candle wax. Busy getting the big order in for “the palace”, hours of mindless trawling the internet for a presentation box supplier as the last one went bust and getting prepped for a big craft fair on Saturday.

I might have had the odd drink or 10 most evenings. Suns out guns out, can’t help myself! I’ve been strict with the eating part though, and been doing quite a bit of exercise. I’m pretty chuffed that my weight has stayed exactly the same for the last week (the amount of beer I’ve drunk!).

Still on course for a flat stomach by holiday!

• posted by tokyo14
    on

hurrah timmy is back i was wondering were you and your speedos had gotten too!!!!

on

Yay, Timmy the Chandler with his six pack (of beer!). You’ll be in those budgie smugglers yet! 😆 It’s been a challenge for me to turn down a cold Bud over the last few days.. But I managed! One white wine and soda slipped through..

Paleo choc cake looks Delish altho icing and filling is more than I can be bothered with! Nigella wins this time round I think. I told my sister I was baking a cake and she was all ‘I don’t eat refined sugar so no cake for me’. To which I replied, ‘neither do I. Or refined flour. This cake is legal!’ So now she’s all excited at the thought of a slice 😈

• posted by Lucky Maneki
    on

Oh. My. Gaaaaaaaaawdddddddddd. Hello Chandler Tim. Shameless Janice from Friends impression there for you.

Of course we missed you. Glad your beers haven’t ruined your beach body 😉 I still haven’t surrendered to the wine, I’m a bit worried about it tbh. I’m already a hopeless drunk… I moider really badly. Best stay off it I think. For now anyway. Think it’s been about 9 weeks since I’ve had alcohol. I am partial to an ice cold Bud too Janey. Camping is going to be the big test for me, that normally involves at least 2 boxes of wine. At least.

I’m going to do the one Eps put up, but I’m going to do it in cupcake form (better portion control) and I’ll make half the ganache up and pipe it on in swirls. I like knowing exactly how much is in each portion, and if I have to be trusted to cut it into slices then, I’m in trouble. I’ll make mine tomorrow so I can pack one for the rugby on Saturday.

• posted by Lucky Maneki
    on

Haha, love it Janey, you being all smug and healthy at your sister!

• posted by Timmy
    on

My budgie smugglers are currently drying on the line as I’ve upped my swimming to every other day. I’m lucky enough to live really close to an outdoor swimming pool that has adult lane swimming every evening from 6.30. So not only am I getting fit, I’m topping up my tan too! Win win.

I can confirm that the muffin top is shrinking, and hoping that it will be all but gone in the next few weeks!

• posted by Lucky Maneki
    on

A tan, huh? *Looks down at burnt breasts*

• posted by Timmy
    on

Like my dad (RIP) before me, both me and my boy are blessed with crazy tanning ability. Someone only has to mention the word sun and we go olive. My daughters are blond and blue eyed and not as lucky!

I remember one year I went darker than my hair and I’ve got dark brown hair (well it was, I’m a silver fox now and I’m only 39!)! If I remember correct I was about 14 and my parents were splitting up. I went to Malta for 2 weeks with my mum in the summer hols, came back for 2 weeks then went back to Malta again for another 2 weeks with my dad!

My hair went a sort of browny gingery colour and my skin was like teak.

• posted by Lucky Maneki
    on

I used to be really brown in my teens, as I was always out and in skimpy dresses and shorts, but an aversion to sun as a (fat) adult and with the exception of my face and arms, I scorch. So currently, I have a brown face. Red nose. Brown arms. Red shoulders. Red cleavage. White legs. It’s not a good look.

Skin like teak lol. Conjuring up images of David Dickenson.

• posted by Timmy
    on

That’s a good look Lucky 😉

on

DAvid Dickenson in speedos… my breakfast eggs nearly came back at that!

I am also a rubbish tanner (not as in preserving leather). Back in my youth I used to sunbathe and go brown but now I just tend to burn.. which makes the naturist sunshine holiday a challenge! Its a punishable crime to have white bits of any description out there! my boy is like his dad – goes brown at the merest suggestion of sunshine. Not that I know where my child is; he’s buggered off out round his mate’s for the day with vague promises to pop home later. I might as well have gone to the office!

In other news, Ocado has delivered! We have food!

• posted by Timmy
    on

I almost booked a holiday to a nudist town once. I fancied getting the train down to the south of France and looked at the quickest route. It’s to a place called Cap de Agde. I was that close to booking tickets and accommodation then I noticed on a google search something about naturists. Did a bit more digging and it turns out half the town is designated nudist! Not just the beach.

You can go to restaurants with your schlong out, do some banking with your foofoo on display. You name it, you can do it mother naked in this place.

I’m not sure my wife or children would have ever forgiven me.

• posted by Lucky Maneki
    on

I’m glad I haven’t eaten yet today *retch*

Yayyy for food, what is on the menu today? Spanish Pork meatballs for us today with some lovely steamed vegetables.

Oh my God Timmy, you would have been on the sh*t list fo’ sho’. That is priceless. I can’t imagine this morning’s bank meeting had my foofoo been on display. Although, saying that, he did enough gawping at my cleavage. Do the bank staff have their bits hanging out too?

on

Hahahaha, us Brits wouldn’t do it as a family holiday.. but our european cousins do! It doesn’t bother me – naked beer and tapas is order of the day. I DID laugh at the man riding a bike in nothing but trainers tho 😀

And the supermarkets make you get dressed…

on

Dinner? I fancy something involving ratatouille! I have the veg to make it!

• posted by Timmy
    on

Hmm. I dunno, I guess it would be good from a fraud perspective. Not many places to stuff stolen money!! Well, one or two, but I wouldn’t fancy it!

on

Now I have visions of a human coin dispenser. Please make it stop!

• posted by Timmy
    on

Lunch will be some sort of salad bowl from a sandwich shop. Tea is a repeat of last night which is stir fry vegetables with chicken. Home alone tonight so keeping the cooking simple!

• posted by Gymgirl51
    on

I’ve got a Fitbit which is great as it also doubles as a watch,and you can challenge friends which gets quite competitive. You also enter what you’ve eaten and drunk to keep track of calories

• posted by tokyo14
    on

i dont know i come for my dinner and have to read about naked ladies and me shopping and banking !!!!!
    what on earth is going on !!
    just had my cottage cheese salad surrounded by people eating pasta , jacket potatoe and chocolate not all the same meal i hasten to add !!!
    i want to scream stop eating sugar but fear i may become a BSD bore !!!
    lucky i looked again at those jawbones on amazon and found one called up2 at 32 quid am i looking at the right ones ??
    big weigh in day tomorrow !! ( bites fingers in anticipation!!!)

• posted by Lucky Maneki
    on

Mine does all that except a watch 🙂 I didn’t choose it, it was a Christmas present from hubby!

Just let the results of your weightloss do the talking Tokyo, and when people ask you how you’re doing it, go off on one 🙂 Did you see I lost another 0.7kg today??? 😀

Yes that’s the one I have, I have the grey one and I just ordered a black one for hubby. But he won’t be much competition for me as he’s not too good atm.

You’ll be fine, we’re rooting for ya!

• posted by tokyo14
    on

yes i thought i put a post on saying hooray a doodles !!! this morning but it must have disappeared in the great web of posts !!!!!
    you have done so bloody well you must be chuffed to bits !!!!!
    not long now and you will be having more cinderella moments !!!!!!

• posted by Lucky Maneki
    on

Hooray a doodles???? Lmao! Yes I am on a two day smug streak today! Or is that three? But definitely two with getting my two stone, and then my BMI down in the 30’s! Hubby has also lost 4lb so far this week, he’s catching me up too, think he’s 4 or 5 lb off his 2 stone now, I’m a bit confused with the kilos thing. It’s ok for weighing but as to what it means weight wise – no idea! I know where I am with stones and pounds!

Well, I washed and dried my ‘fat jeans’ yesterday with the intention of charity bagging them. I held them up against me and it was amazing how much smaller I am. I wanted to get rid of all my massive clothes but I am going to hang on to these so I can see how far I’ve come. The new pair of ‘fat jeans’ that replaced them, even they are going a bit baggy and loose on me now. I don’t have another pair in a size smaller waiting for me and I really don’t want to buy any to be honest, I like my clothes to last. I might have a look in a charity shop to see if I can find a cheap pair of 18s to have on hand to do me in the meantime, don’t mind paying £3 or £4 quid, but if I’m not going to be in them long, I don’t want to pay a lot. I do have the 16s that are masquerading as 18s waiting though, my nemesis that I have never fit into. I am determined to get in them! And get out of them too! Baby steps, although at this rate it won’t be long 😀

• posted by Timmy
    on

I’m nearly out of all of my clothes now. The only things I’ve still got are a suit that I’ve never worn and also my tuxedo. All of my shorts are too baggy, all or my trouser are nearly falling down were it not for my belt manfully keeping them in check. And that is becoming too loose now too. I need new belts pronto!

A also need more shorts, my board shorts are getting way too baggy now and the good folk of Brittany will be getting a view of my pasty cheeks when I’m bodyboarding in the sea if I don’t sort something out soon!

Please log in or register to post a reply.