Hello :-)

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Treanna7
    on

Thankyou jillyB
    I have just restarted and hoping to make the first 8 weeks. Will need more than that to get to my goal. Reading stories is inspiring me to continue. I was born in Uk but have be an Aussie girl since I was almost 8

• posted by Lucky Maneki
    on

Well, last night went like this. After posting my last message, I was ‘gearing myself up to go on the treadmill’. What happened is this. At about 7.30 pm, I fell asleep in my chair. I missed; a) the darts b) my family leaving the house to pick up daughter on return from Alton Towers c) my daughter arriving home – and she’s loud! Hubby finally woke me at 11 pm, I felt drunk and stupid, like you do when you’ve fallen asleep in the day. I don’t remember going up to bed, but according to my fit app I was awake for a total of 4 minutes from waking on my chair and before falling back into a deeeeeep sleep in bed until the alarm this morning! I must have really needed the sleep or something! So I am wearing one slipper of despair (for not managing more than 5509 steps yesterday) but I also have the cape of smugness over one shoulder, because this morning, the scales show 100.1 kg. So close to my next mini goal! Into double digits πŸ˜€

Janey, sounds like an eventful evening. Frog torture and a live XXX show, even if it was just pigeons having a menage a trois… Every one is eating salmon, and I love salmon, and him indoors doesn’t. But I do all the cooking so… I think it’s salmon for tea πŸ™‚

Tokyo… OMG! Yes, I can see why you couldn’t post that!! The mind boggles at some people. *retch* hahahaha. I think that story wins πŸ˜‰ I didn’t realise you could send long messages via Twitter, when did that change??

Hi Jilly B – I’m 6 weeks in but I will definitely have to do a fair few more though until I get anywhere near where I want to be. Yes, it’s definitely an eating plan and not a diet. I haven’t eaten out yet on this, haven’t felt quite brave enough yet, plus I’m one of these that wants a bit of bang for my buck lol. If my burger and chips costs Β£10 and I end up with only a plain burger and side salad on my plate that I can eat, still costing Β£10 then it’s a no-go for me, I’m too tightfisted lol. If it’s a special occasion though, that’s different, and I’ll have to put a bit of thought into it. But it’s definitely stopped the ‘shall we go out for lunch today, darling?’ mentality. Which always, always involved chips! Can’t even fall back on the jacket potato any more πŸ™‚

Good luck with your restart, Treanna, I have to say this 6 weeks has flown by for me. Hasn’t seemed as much of a chore as any other eating plan.

Beautiful sun-shiney day here folks! I’m glowing like a neon tomato. I was in too much (sunburned) pain to even put a bra on this morning! See how many steps I can get in today, aiming for 8000 again Eps. Must try harder, eh? πŸ˜‰

• posted by Epspecially
    on

yaaayyy getting sooo close to that 100 Lucky – practically there. Great about sleep – you were obviously wrecked and needed it. Now you’ll be fuelled up for todays walking…. should we say 8000 again seeing as you did that no bother the other day? Auch about sunburn – heard apple cider vinegar works really well for that – either in the bath or just put some straight on. Or I wonder, any vinegar? Meant to help anyway.

SO HOT here – amazing. πŸ™‚

Today is a no chocolate day. Just lots of goodness. I think I’ll make those beetroot falafel later. And if I get time (sun makes for hectic schedule!!!;-)))) after work I hope to make Bill’s crumble. Think rhubarb and strawberries though ooooooo.

Good luck and welcome Treanna7 – you’ll do great!

• posted by Janeycoughdrop
    on

Tokyooooooooooooooo, I want to know the story now!

It’s fantastically hot today, isn’t it πŸ™‚ Boss just announced he was taking me to the pub for lunch! Better go for a salad…

Lucky – are you sure you didn’t have sun stroke??!! EEK! Make sure you walk your 8500 steps in the shade today.

Tried to finish up the remaining coconut pancake mix for brekkie this morning. They don’t slide down very well at 7.30am.. blech πŸ™ Gave up on the second one and let the cat eat it (even he wasn’t impressed). I’m collecting the ingredients for the Nigella cake for my birthday. Friday will be baking day.. and let’s hope it’s not another EFF or I’ll be in trouble and Tokyo will activate radio silence again! :'(

Good to luck to our new- and re-starters. You can do it girls! And we guarantee to keep you entertained, whether intentionally or not!

• posted by jillyB
    on

Lucky Maneki,
    I know the feeling, not wanting to eat out, I, too, was afraid….afraid there wouldn’t be food that I could eat…..afraid that I might eat too much or not choose well…..afraid I would put back some weight. My OH was getting a bit antsy about not going anywhere [ he was not on the eating plan ] so I finally took the plunge. All my fears were for nought, I had sufficient to choose from, ate moderately [ actually, I found to my surprise that I really didn’t want too much as I now had no need for more ], but next morning I faced off with the scales, my nemesis, and was delighted to find I was still the same weight. This was the first time in my life I had never put on weight after going out. So now I have been out a few more times.
    Yes, I have slowed down, but am now enjoying a sauvignon blanc with my meal. Being allowed coffee was a great boon in these weeks, I couldn’t have stuck to BSD otherwise. I have my own espresso machine , drink it very strong….a bit of a coffee snob !
    I’m off to bed shortly, goodnight
    jilly B

• posted by tokyo14
    on

janey check your twitter mail!!
    well hard at work organised food wise had breakfast and lunch now nothing till tea !!
    its a scorcher here not a sun lover !!
    please god dont let it be another epic fail friday !!!!

• posted by Lucky Maneki
    on

Boiling… been to get our shopping, berries, fresh veg and salad etc Yes I must have needed it Eps, it had been a bit of a day of it, including a forced early 5 am start. I’m ok if I wake of my own accord at that time, but never if I set my alarm. Done just short of 3000 already without touching treadmill so I will see how I do now pottering and washing and houseworking.

Salmon salad here! Marinated in soy, chilli flakes, garlic, ginger and spring onion. Foil parcel, whapped in oven. Sorted. Nice and easy. Three hours til one child finishes school for summer, 27 until the other two do, so I best crack on!!

Enjoy pub lunch Janey as best as you can enjoy a salad… lol. I don’t know if it was sunstroke, I felt ok otherwise, just very tired.

Onwards!!! Catch you all later πŸ˜€

on

Hahaha, checked my mail… legendary!

I don’t mind the sun, but not when I am stuck in the office πŸ™ Luckily I need to work from home on Thurs/Fri due to ‘childcare issues’…better dust the deckchair off and make sure the laptop extension lead stretches to the garden lol

I refuse to have another E.F.F… coconut has a lot to answer for. Either in flour form (and drying everything to a husk in the oven) or in sugar form (and missing from your brownies!) I must have a cake for my birthday and my dad’s 70th!!

• posted by Lucky Maneki
    on

With you there Jilly, thank God for coffee! My appetite has shrunk a lot too, I think for me it’s just the injustice of paying for a full meal and only eating half of it? If they decreased the price accordingly I wouldn’t mind. Time will tell, I’ll be facing one meal out in the holidays anyway, will have to choose carefully… night night πŸ™‚

I’m not either Tokyo, tbh, I like it nice but this is a bit too hot for my liking. I’m wearing long sleeves and the heat alone is making my sunburn sting πŸ™

• posted by Lucky Maneki
    on

I think the Nigella cake looks very promising Janey. Good feeling about it.

on

I’m off to the pub, suckers! In a while!!

• posted by Gymgirl51
    on

Hi all just reading your posts has made me feel better after my awful morning – thank you so much xx

• posted by Lucky Maneki
    on

Ah, you having a day of it Gymgirl? Vent or rant if you want πŸ™‚

• posted by Gymgirl51
    on

Thanks Lucky, feeling sorry for my self as following my gym injury on Sunday I’ve been to the physio and it’s no exercise for 2 weeks and he’s suggested that I have time off work !!! As I’m almost self employed that isn’t possible so here’s hoping the painkillers kick in soon πŸ˜’

• posted by Lucky Maneki
    on

Yikes, that’s not good. Is it an active job that you do? Painkillers are so hit and miss with back pain. Try and rest up as much as you can, I guess it’s hard when you’re used to exercising but best not to exacerbate any injuries and leave yourself in a worse state!

• posted by Gymgirl51
    on

My job isn’t particularly active but it involves a reasonable amount of stretching and bending which is the problem on the plus side he did say no housework πŸ˜† Just as well my daughter starts her holiday on Friday !

• posted by Lucky Maneki
    on

You’ll have to be careful then! No housework sounds good though, unfortunately if I didn’t do mine, nobody else would do it πŸ™ I really wanted to get the house spring cleaned for the summer because once they’re home, it’s pointless doing anything, constant cups in the sink, walking in and out soaked, carrying grass on their feet… it’s just too hot today to do anything!

on

Pain is rubbish, but any sort of official authorisation NOT to do housework is a plus πŸ˜€
    Look after yourself and rest up a bit if possible. And remember, dust doesn’t get any thicker after the first 4 years. Fact.

• posted by Lucky Maneki
    on

I didn’t know that about the dust!

How was your pub lunch, anything to confess??? Are you drunk/did you eat chips/proposition anyone in any language, including mother tongue??

I have a confession to make, I am currently fiddling around with the Hemsley sisters’ baps…

…recipe in my kitchen πŸ˜€

• posted by Epspecially
    on

Hee hee yes yes yes to housework.

As to the baps…Lucky!!! ;-)))) Dont put too many in your mouth at once now…

On a much more serious note, let me know how they turn out. And looking forward to hearing about the Nigella cake too Janey.

I have a confession to make – I’m hungry!!! Had great lunch of sauerkraut and peppers, and radishes and salmon and then 2 chickpea biscuits (yes, they are still not mouldy) and now I’m hungry again and was this morning too. :-(( I’m wondering is it real hunger or just weird gnawing feeling because I had the biscuits? Or do I actually need more food! Week 10 now so maybe I need to add in more. Or is it because I added in more that I am feeling hungry??? Or maybe I’m just bored….

Mind yourself Gymgirl!

on

Eps, I’d say you’re not including enough fat/protein in your meal to fill you up. You need a dollop of cottage cheese or an egg, or a few cubes of feta or cheddar. That should do the trick! In desperation, keep a pot of flaked almonds to hand for a pinch to fill your hunger gap!
    Lucky – careful with those sisters’ baps.. I have high hopes that you can work your magic on them!! (This sounds odd??)

I was a good girl at lunch in the pub. Chicken and bacon salad (think they must’ve had a job lot of lettuce to use up!) plus a white wine spritzer with soda water. So, relatively legal!

• posted by Epspecially
    on

oo yum flaked almonds or few cubes of feta ahhhh would like that now! Ok, will stop googling Nigella’s cakes so and focus on those tips for next meal – thanks Janey. hope it was tasty salad. Spritzer sounds nice too πŸ™‚

• posted by Lucky Maneki
    on

Well, they’re in the oven… couldn’t really shape the dough as was very… sloppy, so just spooned an amount on the baking tray and I’m hoping for the best. Pray with me, people.

Soooooooooo hot in this kitchen, oh my God. Salmon marinating… just feel sleepy again! It’s definitely a wine night, but I’m too scared to drink!

• posted by Epspecially
    on

Yay go Lucky – let’s pray for plump and juicy babs!

Yes, it’s roasting. Sparkling water and some lime is pretty good too though is no wine I guess ;-))

• posted by Lucky Maneki
    on

They’re out. They aren’t plump, they’re flat. As a witches… cut one into quarters to try and they’re actually very nice. I can’t see one holding a burger, nor being able to slice one through the middle, so to have one either side would be a bit calorific. But an open sandwich – definitely. And will be nice in the winter to dip into soup! A very passable… bread! For when chickpea wraps won’t cut it! Yay!

• posted by Lucky Maneki
    on

I only had flaxseed though, so whether ground flaxseed would be better to try next time, maybe. Might rise a bit more then.

• posted by Epspecially
    on

Wahoooooo! Give me one… NOW :-))

• posted by Lucky Maneki
    on

Lol, you’re quite hangry Eps? Not before your tea, lady! πŸ˜‰

• posted by Gymgirl51
    on

Good news about the dust πŸ˜„. The baps sound interesting and you’ve inspired me with the salmon thanks again!

• posted by Lucky Maneki
    on

The salmon was LUSH! I’d eat it every week made that way, and I think I may have converted hubby too, he said he really enjoyed it and he’d definitely have it again – and he’s the sort who would say if he didn’t want it. What do you think about that mousse I posted above? Is it just me or… is it do-able????? Oh. My. God.

• posted by Epspecially
    on

Hee hee ah no, though if you made that mousse I’d be pulling it off youπŸ˜πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ‘πŸ»

Yum, fish parcels. I making chicken and cashew nut and broccoli for dinner.

• posted by Epspecially
    on

Actually no I think I made a version of that mousse for friends once and was told it was quite disgustingπŸ‘πŸ»πŸ˜‚ but try it and see!

• posted by Lucky Maneki
    on

Ah right πŸ™ Typical lol. Of course it would be nasty lol. It’s just another fakery-food isn’t it? Suppose that’s a good thing though, because if it’s nice I’d probably be making it daily. Best not try it either, could be a waste of a good avocado!! πŸ˜‰

• posted by Lucky Maneki
    on

Oh God it’s hot. We’re watching an Ironman competition and it’s making me ill watching them. Just asked hubby if he could do one of these competitions. He pondered a while and replied ‘Yes, in the car.’ πŸ˜€

Enjoy your Cashew Chicken!

• posted by tokyo14
    on

its too bloody hot !! just walked out of work and the heat hit me !!!!!!
    what recipe is the helmsley baps lucky !!
    well another day refusing goodies its easier at work somehow and no one knows i am doing it !! normally i would swallow all the goodies up without a second glance !!now on the bus with all the other commuters but they are not talking to you mad bunch !!!

• posted by Lucky Maneki
    on

It’s this one Tokyo, jeeez I bet you’re lightly blanched on a bus in this!!!

http://www.viva.co.nz/article/food-drink/hemsley-flaxseed-buns-recipe/

Well done on another successful day of avoidance πŸ˜€ I don’t know about you but this weather makes me less likely to want to eat junk too, just the thought of chocolate melting or anything greasy makes me feel quite ill. I always want fresh light food.

• posted by tokyo14
    on

it is rather warm on the bloody bus !!!! besides which i am having a hot flush and sat on the sunny side wtf!!!! by thurs this weather will have gone !!
    did you put the maple surup in the bread ? for me the helmsley sisters are as bad as the paltrow !!!!!!

• posted by Epspecially
    on

Pickled Tokyo πŸ‘πŸ˜‚ hope you off soon.

Lucky and husband chasing down the track in the car competing in their local ironmanπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»

Speaking of which, swim again this eve as so hot and probably another massive walk..just saying like…no pressure luckyπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Made cashew for oh and he had with rice and I had half portion of a version of this with yoghurt instead!!! Not for every day maybe, even with reduced maple syrup, but it’s seriously nice…
    https://wholefoodsimply.com/raspberry-breakfast-bowl/

on

I’ve dragged myself to the garden. Which is approximately 9 million degrees but does at least have a breeze. Do you think your baps mixture was too runny and that’s why they didn’t rise Lucky (said in a Kenneth Williams voice)? Do they have apple cider vinegar in them? Apparently it’s a raising agent??!! I’ve seen an avocado mousse recipe somewhere before and threatened the OH with it. It’s another of his ‘super foods’ so maybe we can use him as the Guinea pig?? I need to find a chicken cashew nut recipe as I bought a tonne of them, originally for Fearne Cotton’s flippin’ ‘cheese’ cake (scrapped that idea pdq). Did you survive the bus Tokyo? How’s the sunburned shirt potatoes Lucky?! πŸ˜†

• posted by Lucky Maneki
    on

I can’t wait for this to be gone, sorry, I don’t care if I’m bah humbug (but a summer version!). Bring on the rain. Just not on Saturday, please.

Oooooh Eps that looks nice! Well, you can put me to shame tonight because I’ve just done 30 minutes on the treadmill – in *THIS* in *THERE* (points towards sauna porch outhouse thing) and I am dying a death. No more. No. More. Today. I’m submitting my final step count (aside from going for a wee and possibly some greek yogurt and blueberries later) for the day and it’s 6559 steps. Might make it up to 6600 before bed. It’s better than yesterday, anyway πŸ˜‰ I’m still sweating and I came off it half an hour ago!

Well, looking at the various pictures I’ve seen, I don’t think there was too much rise in them anyway, to be honest. Not proper bread roll rise anyway. I didn’t use apple cider vinegar, I used the ‘or lemon juice’. Maybe it was that. Either way, it was too wet. And the only proper ‘moist’ in it was egg. Aside from the lemon and 3 tbsp water. Yes I used maple syrup Tokyo. Nobody tell me now that I’m not allowed to, please.

Boobage is stinging Janey. That was another cringey moment. I wore a sundress in Devon and we went out for a meal. Child number three looked at me, and loudly announced ‘MAJOR BOOBAGE!’ at me, all over the restaurant. Everyone was in stitches, other diners, waiters…

• posted by Gymgirl51
    on

Really not sure about the mousse although avocados would give it a creamy texture as long as they’re not too hard nothing worse than lumpy bits πŸ˜ƒ

• posted by Lucky Maneki
    on

I think they would have to be super ripe, agreed. I’ve done a bit more investigating online, and there’s loads of recipes out there along the same lines, some use banana as well, coconut milk instead of almond. I don’t know. I might try it if I ever have a glut of avocados πŸ˜‰

on

Unless you live in Israel (or wherever they grow) I don’t think you’ll ever enjoy a glut of avocados! We’ve had dinner in the garden tonight. Healthy chilli, mine with quinoa instead of rice. The kids both seem to like these new grains too. Still some disrespect about the legendary cauliflower mash cottage pie going on round the table tho 😑

• posted by Lucky Maneki
    on

I do, on occasion, buy massive bags of avocados from Morrisons, think they have about 7 in them. And with the best will in the world, I won’t use one a day.

I haven’t darkened the garden, it’s still 26 degrees here and I am not a happy bunny. I bought some quinoa and bean mixture thingy from Iceland today, thought it would be handy to have in my personal Iceland.

I’d eat your cauli cottage pie, Janey. We love it here. Kids probably wouldn’t though.

Promising thunderstorms later! Yippee!!!

• posted by tokyo14
    on

i survived the bus and dived in the bath when i got home and still too damn hot !!!!
    had low carb mousaka for tea bloody lovely ! weather forecast for us back to mormal thurs so tonight and tomorrow still i gate hit weather give me cold any day !! or sunny with a breeze !
    i also had an altercation with a certain mr bob geldorf !! whilst in dublin with said friend of dress and michael bubble fame ( there’s a pattern forming here!!) we each bought these daft handbags mine was a frog and hers was a cow anyway stood in dublin airport on way home going through handbag xray machine thing and people were looking we thought it was just at our daft bags !!
    the bags went through xray and were catapulted out for some reason knocking a mans briefcase who was stood with his back to me over , at this point we are both still laughing at the flying frog and cow bags i go to pick mans briefcase up saying in a very very posh voice ” terribly sorry old boy my frog appears to have knocked your ruddy briefcase over ” which me and my friend thought was hysterical !! anyway he turns round smiling and its bob geldorf and starts chatting asking what we had been up too and loving our handbags !!! by this time people taking pics of us and our bags and mr geldorf !!!

• posted by Lucky Maneki
    on

Tokyo, you (and your friend) are bloody nutters! I’d love to go on a night out with you! That’s brilliant, I bet you two have so much fun together πŸ™‚ I like Bob. Well, I like Boomtown Rats anyway lol.

We’re promised thunder tonight, thunder and rain tomorrow and nice-ish on Thursday.

Just watching the darts, bit of a grudge match and handbags situation going on with these two, slagging each other off on TV and on twitter, it’s hilarious, you’d think they were heavyweight boxers the way they’re dissing each other! It’s DARTS fgs!

Do you still have the bag??? You should have got him to autograph it!

• posted by tokyo14
    on

no idea were the bag is or went , we didnt ask for his autograph as people were trying to get pics and we were just chatting away like he was our mate .
    we had some good times me and my friend i met her when i went to college shortly after first husband left she was in same boot as me and we just clicked both same age both husbands pissed off both had teenagers , it was like what do we do now ?? so we started going out and for the next two/three years we had the most amazing adventures we are still in touch but it changed once we both got remarried but those 2/3 years were hysterical !!! such stories !!
    darts sounds hysterical too i am laying in bed but even now its too hot !!!

• posted by Lucky Maneki
    on

Yes things change when we settle, which is a shame, but at least you’ve got some good memories and you’re still friends πŸ™‚

This darts is nuts. They’re both playing terribly as well, must be really rattled, the pair of them. Twitter is hysterical (and a bit cruel) some of the slaggings off they’re both getting haha. Watch this and then bed. Can’t miss seeing this out to the end, there’ll probably be a fist fight or something!

on

I do like an entertaining bag. For a long time I had a little pink fluffy backpack that went out on the tiles with me. Sadly ruined on my 30th birthday night out after my drinks were spiked and I threw up a large amount of Mongolian food (mainly leeks) all over it.. And the bloke I was snogging!!! Classy Jane πŸ™„ Oh and I had a trolls backpack when I was a student in Germany. And a trolls duvet set. Which I still have!

Please log in or register to post a reply.