Getting harder

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by olisue
    on

Hi everyone, I’m coming to the end of my third week on the bsd. I’m pleased with my progress so far – lost 14lbs, and I’ve managed to stick to 800 cals a day everyday with virtually no cravings. However today I’ve felt really down and pessimistic about this diet. I feel like the next week is going to be a struggle, not because I want to eat junk food, but because I feel like I’ve lost the initial motivation and I still have so much weight to lose (another 3 stone).

Did anyone else feel like this and did it pass?

Louise
    x

• posted by charliem
    on

I’m new to this and only just done my first week, so I can’t help you with your question, but I would just like to say that reading your post has inspired me and I just want to say well done.
    Maybe knowing the positive effect you have on other people may help you get your motivation back.
    Good luck and keep at it – you’re doing so well

Charlie x

• posted by Twiggy
    on

Hi Louise, wow, 14 lbs is amazing! Well done! Just a thought… have you got some interim goals, i.e. something between this stage and the 3 st you’ve still got to go? Just to give you something to aim for that is in sight… I’m just starting week 2, I’m 7 lbs down and feeling very inspired, still got 28 lbs to go and I’m absolutely determined to stick with it. This is the healthiest, most manageable and effective diet I’ve ever done and I’m so pleased to have stumbled across it. I do hope you get your motivation back, the thought of not progressing at this stage… the alternative is – for me – not worth considering.

• posted by Eureka
    on

Hi olisue fab fab fab!

You have lost 1 STONE. 7 Bags of SUGAR. And not yet three weeks! This is really good Louise.
    Did you do the two week review p140 in the BSD book? There is one at four weeks p145. Re read the book & mark the stuff that is really hitting home for you
    Check the quality of calories you eat. You can feel low in energy on 800, that’s why you need to review how you feel & if you need to do 5:2 diet instead.
    Make sure your general health is ok, see the dr if necessary. Hope you have them on side with this diet anyway

Think about why you wanted to do this diet & have you really lost that motivation? If you wanted to lose four stones, then you are a quarter of the way there. All of us want the same thing, weight loss & better health. It’s a great club to join & we don’t want to lose any members

You can do this, we can help. Charliem & I don’t want to lose you
    Eureka

• posted by Bill1954
    on

Louise, go get 28 half pound packets of lard and pile them up on a table.
    Take a good long look at them and tell yourself “I lost all that fat in 3 weeks. I only have to do that twice again
    If that doesn’t motivate you, nothing will.

• posted by olisue
    on

Thanks for the lovely comments everyone. I felt a bit better today, I went shopping and tried on some clothes which was a much nicer experience than normal 🙂

I’ve re-read p145 of the book and decided there’s no way I’m giving up because apart from one bad day this is the easiest diet I’ve ever been on!

xx

• posted by Janet1973
    on

Sometimes hormonal changes caused by weight loss can have an effect on our mood. It could be that its not really you talking, just your hormones. Try to stick with it for another few days and do plenty of things – possibly new and exciting things- to distract/reward yourself and these feelings will probably pass. Best wishes.

• posted by Tankertonjoy
    on

Hi Louise,

I am on day two and have lost one pound so far! Well done for losing a stone, I have decided to treat myself to a new item of
    clothing or makeup/perfume every time I lose half a stone to keep motivated. I need to lose 2 to 2 1/2 stone I will decide when
    I get there as I don’t want to look too gaunt. Maybe you can mix it up with the 5:2 until you are feeling better.

• posted by Christi1948
    on

Hi, I have been doing this diet for one week and have lost 6lb, I have had two tricky moments, on the first day I was very light headed and could barely do anything without feeling awful, I was sure I wouldn’t be able to continue, the next one was the first Friday evening, when we normally have a bar of whole nut between us, I was having a waver, I stuck to it and, am feeling a bit more positive, so just try and do a bit of mindfulness, I’m sure you can stick to it and we’ll done for getting so far, good luck with the rest of the time in the diet.

• posted by Eureka
    on

Hi olisue

Good thinking! I’m 8lb down & two & half stones to go. See you at the finish
    Eureka x

Please log in or register to post a reply.