From here to eternity

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Izzypeach
    on

Ok, I know I’ve replied to some threads but I’m now officially going to introduce myself. I’m Lorna (isobel is my middle name and yes I am a peach, especially round the middle). I’m 44 and was diagnosed with type 2 in February. Since February I have been very confused by the information given to me, it seems like conflicting info. Eat no carbs, eat 10 portions of carbs a day, eat cereal, don’t eat cereal, AAARRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH!
    With both parents diagnosed with type 2 it’s only an inevitability that having a bad diet and lots of lard around the middle, that it would be my turn soon, strangely living life like I was invincible.
    After my diagnosis I have really struggled emotionally. I’ve avoided my usual fave foods and have barely touched alcohol, It’s strange as I never thought I could live life without these things but I have. It just shows you, you can actually get used to anything. I’ve lost a full stone since feb, something I’ve done barely trying but I now want to try to live type 2 free.
    After doing a lot of research, I stumbled onto DR Mosleys book, It’s like reading sense for once. SO I have done all my planning, measurements and going shopping when the other half comes home. Seeing my diabetic nurse again Friday. Yoda says; DO or DO NOT there is no TRY! so starting tomorrow I will DO.

• posted by Eureka
    on

Hi Izzypeach
    Warm welcome. Come on in the water’s fine.
    I’m T 2 & so we’re my parents. I think you go into a self blame ( you should have avoided this) & then a mourning phase ( for the ignorant ‘bliss’ you were in before diagnosis). This doesn’t address where you are now. But the BSD does.
    Downright wrong information is really harming us. We will change that. By doing the BSD & getting results we are stockpiling ammunition to launch at the Darth Varder’s of current Diabetic Type 2 thinking. I’m gathering Light Sabres to thwart the enemy.
    May the BSD force be with you

• posted by Izzypeach
    on

LOL! Light sabres at the ready. Thank you

• posted by Chongololo
    on

Yoda was very wise – you got this! (love the reference, sitting here in my vader tee-shirt after exercising right now… light sabre duel anyone?)

Wow, 10 portions of carbs?? that is medical advice for T2 diabetics? gosh!! (My mum has it, I have avoided it thus far, so i have no experience of that rabbit hole) that seems like such a lot, quite concerning when you look at the results of this diet so far for T2’s and their glucose control. I do wonder how long it will take for this to filter through?

Good luck Izzypeach, you’ll do great – its not too onerous at all, I say from my lofty ‘first week down’ tower heheh.
    ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by Izzypeach
    on

Chongolo in your ivory tower, you won’t believe the advice I’ve been given. I was given about 12 leaflets, 2 books and 3 diet plans, not including the diet plan on the diabetes uk website and everything is conflicting and everything just feels wrong. After doing so much research and reading what people write about how they control blood sugar spikes, I’m thinking why are you eating bread if your blood sugar spikes, is it really because your doctor has told you to. it’s like fighting Darth Maul. So personally for me I needed to take matters into my own hands and was saved years of terrible advice by Dr Mosleys book. Yes one of the books I was given said type 2’s can have 10 portions of carbs.

• posted by Izzypeach
    on

just realised I gave you a nickname, sorry about that Chongololo. ๐Ÿ˜€

• posted by Chongololo
    on

LOL I’m practicing shaking down my hair from said tower, its fine ๐Ÿ™‚ I just couldn’t finish my dinner. biz-arre. wait a while and a peppermint tea before thinking about bed, I guess. Plus I could have easily ignored dinner – not very good plan though – I can see why you would make your meals extra toothsome, so you can be bothered eating them!

I hope you don’t run into problems with your docs – there’s a good thread here about different reactions form professionals. I hope to read about all of your success soon its really those of you blazing the path for T2 control/reversal that matters right now..

• posted by Izzypeach
    on

Thanks. This is my 2nd day and I’m doing better than I did yesterday. My disaster was written in another thread. it’s in the thread started today OMG!

Please log in or register to post a reply.