Easter Bus Tour

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Busybee
    on

So many passengers having great results lately whether they be weight loss or achieving their goals – reading about these gives me hope. That’s what I love about this forum!
    I actually managed to stay on track yesterday and for the first time in a long time, I felt more optimistic.
    O.D.A.A.T.
    X B

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Hi bus dwellers! How is everyone?
    BUSYBEE 🐝 pleased to hear youre feeling upbeat and on track! 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻 “ Celebrate every win, no matter how small”❤️
    ⛄️⛄️⛄️⛄️⛄️⛄️⛄️Thoughts from a snowman⛄️⛄️⛄️⛄️⛄️⛄️⛄️
    ❄️Be a happy soul
    ❄️Stay cool
    ❄️Spend time outdoors
    ❄️Avoid meltdowns
    ❄️Be well rounded
    ❄️Its ok to be a little bottom heavy xxxx

• posted by Busybee
    on

Yowzer, I love your snowman thoughts!
    X B

• posted by SueBlue
    on

Yowzer I love your snowman thoughts too 🙂
    This meme came up on my FB news feed this morning and it made me chuckle -I thought it’s perfect for anyone who is struggling a little with finding their mojo,

“My New Year starts February 1st.
    Because my January still got some 2020 s**t going on!“

Hope everyone has a good weekend. I’m enjoying a wine-free Friday night (doesn’t happen very often in my house!), I’m waiting till Sunday lunchtime to have a glass as my daughter is visiting then.

• posted by RubyG
    on

I’m still on the bus, and hopefully no longer in the naughty seats.
    I have found my mojo again, for now at least, and managed a 30 minutes Youtube Yoga with Kassandra class on Tuesday, and a 20 minute Youtube Kettlebells with Kirsty Keiller on Wednesday, both of which felt really good.
    Weigh-in today: Hubby 18st 10.4lb, and me 12st 4.2lb
    A bit warmer here in Bucks, UK at the moment, and starting to feel the optimism of Spring, even if it means we’re still at home. After a very wet morning, it is now a lovely sunny day, I saw my first daffodils this morning (in January!), my snowdrops are out and I spent a fortune on seeds and plants yesterday – oops! If I’m not going anywhere, I’m going to enjoy my garden again this year, and have a go at growing more veg.
    I plan to be 11st something by Easter, just need to stay on the bus 🙂

• posted by Busybee
    on

I agree that January has to be put in the luggage rack and we’ll put February right up there on the dashboard.
    I have gained momentum over the past week and have at last gained some control over my eating and drinking.
    I have taken your suggestion SueBlue and downloaded the Happy Scales app. I always do better when I try something new and this seems like a good time.
    I’ll see you on the bus!
    O.D.A.A.T.
    X B

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Thanks JGWEN for link and SUEBLUE for meme..aint that the truth!😀
    RUBYG growing your own veg,they will taste great! My pals in Bucks have got their jab upcoming in a day or two. I dont know if youre in relevant age group,( i.e,old fogey like me!) but if so,you may hear v soon! My friends found out yesterday.
    Thought for all busriders sat at the front,back,upstairs and down,perched on the roofrack or chasing after the bus trying to catch up…
    🦄“Difficult roads often lead to beautiful destinations”🦄
    The path may be rocky and bumpy at times,but we’re en route to a “feeling fabulous- looking lovely” Summer 🌷💕🌷💕

• posted by RubyG
    on

Hi Yowzer, I am a priority #9 I believe – >50 but <55 and with no known co-morbidities 🙂
    The veg growing will keep me occupied on weekends if nothing else, anything we get to eat will be a bonus.
    Have a good weekend everyone!

• posted by JGwen
    on

I just saw a great tip on the facebook group that follows Dr Fung that I wanted to share.

Here’s a tip from the Master Class with Megan Ramos .
    Megan said your body is like a lazy teenager. It doesn’t want to do the work or expend the energy it takes to switch from burning glucose to burning fat…its lllaaaaazzzyyy….if it can get you to feed it…it won’t have to work. You have body fat stored to live off of so you really aren’t hungry….but your lazy teenager doesn’t want to get up off the couch and do the work it needs to do to burn that body fat…so instead it lounges around whining and sending you all these hunger signals so you will feed it and it doesn’t have to work. But you are the one in control of your body and when your body sends those hunger signal you have to be FIRM and say ” LISTEN UP BODY!! I AM IN CONTROL HERE NOT YOU!!! AND IM NOT GONNA FEED YOU!! YOU’RE GONNA HAVE TO FEED YOURSELF”
    And the more often you are firm and don’t let your body talk you into breaking your fast early. The more efficient your body will become at switching to burning body fat…and your body will be used to it and send you less and less urgent hunger signals.
    Take control of your lazy teenager!

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Oh i LOVE that analogy JGWEN! deffo will help me as we go into Feb!💕X
    RUBY the vaccine roll out seems to be really gathering pace,so hopefully it wont be too long before its your turn.
    And its always lovely isnt it just to get involved in a garden,get back to nature,very soothing,with anything you produce a bonus👏🏽👏🏽
    Well,bus travellers,February beckons and our trusty old BusterBus is raring to go!
    And I know there are many like me,determined to really knuckle down in Feb,after letting themselves off the hook a little in gloomy old Jan.
    Just remember this as we ride along the highway…’your speed doesnt matter,forward is forward..’
    Lets keep heading in one direction only,eyes firmly fixed on the road ahead!..🥳
    O.D.A.A.T!

• posted by ClarinetCathy
    on

JGwen- thanks for posting the lazy teenager tip? I’ll be definitely be in control from tomorrow. This last week has been a transition phase for me as I knew I wouldn’t be able to go cold turkey into BSD after being off piste since Christmas Eve. I’ve had mainly good days. Tomorrow is my first weigh day since Christmas Eve and I anticipate there will be a fair few pounds of excess baggage. However, whilst I am at home wearing loose clothing and not seeing anyone due to lockdown I don’t really mind that I’ve put on some weight. I really did struggle with lockdown number three as well as the awful week at the new job and the worry of my friends daughter who is still in intensive care extremely poorly with Covid and couldn’t apply myself to healthy eating! . Tomorrow is the start of knuckling down. I am in the process of making some cauliflower and almond soup which will be my lunch tomorrow. My weight will most likely shock me back into my regime and be the wake up call I need. Looking forward to February and hoping to lose whatever weight I have put on over the last five weeks. That is my goal so that I can get back to my Christmas Eve weight of 144lbs by March. That will leave me with 7lbs to get off to reach goal number 1 this year 138lb.

• posted by SueBlue
    on

Cathy and everyone else restarting today 1st Feb I’m thinking of you all and cheering you on 🙂

JGwen – I loved your post! Last night I was really hungry before bedtime but I just kept picturing a sulky teenager and ignored it! Mind over matter.

I’m still travelling well – I’m now just 100g (4 ounces?) away from where I was pre-Covid lockdown in March 2020. Last week I said I had lost a smidgen under 9lb, it was actually 7.9, so a smidgen under 8, but I weighed myself this morning and I’ve lost another 1/2kg so have definitely lost 9lb now. I usually weigh in kilos but I do look up pounds sometimes as it sounds more (!) I’ve discarded 4.1kg since Dec 31, so happy with that.

I still have A LOT to lose, at least 20kg to get down to a normal BMI, but I’m focusing on smaller goals. I had wanted to lose 10kg this year, so on track for that.

I’m still enjoying trying recipes from the new Fast 800 Easy book. Tonight I made the Indian chickpea patties, they were really tasty – chickpeas, tahini, onion,
    Garlic, chilli, and spices.
    I’m still doing 5:2 and TRE. Even on my non-fast days I still keep calories less than 1300 on average. I’m also keeping having wine to just one or two nights a week, and I think that’s helping, also having spritzers (or spitzers as Delboy used to say), I make them 50% wine and 50% sparkling water to its half the calories.
    I also discovered Kombucha! I found a nice sugar free cherry plum flavoured one that is less than 10 calories a glass,
    It’s nice to have a change from just drinking water, tea and coffee.
    Hope everyone has a great first week of February – I think there’s still around 58 days till Easter so plenty of time to enjoy the journey 🙂

• posted by Dreamscometrue
    on

TGIF! February that is.

Like many others on the bus I had a very slow start in January. Felt lethargic and demotivated, not just for my weight loss goals but in so many other areas of life too. As well as the diet, I have various goals I would love to achieve this year, including exercise routines and various creative projects. But drew a bit of a blank last month. However, don’t know it if’s psychological or what, but I feel much brighter today, and ready to move forward on various fronts.

I’m starting off with a fast until dinner tonight. I’m not one at all for extended fasting – I know many find it helpful and do it regularly which is great. Just not for me: I’d rather focus on getting into regular healthy eating habits. BUT JGwen your sulky teenager post yesterday really resonated. I had been feeling so hungry but don’t know why, and indulged the teenager with far too many salted peanuts! So today I am going to lay off everything until dinner time. There’s certainly enough fat in the system to provide fuel for my body for one day!

Good luck everyone. It may be February already but we still have two whole months of the tour to shed our excess baggage! X

on

Hello everyone
    I weighed myself today and was 5lb heavier than I was on Christmas Eve so I now have 5lb to lose this month to get me to where I want to be at the start of a March- 144lb I reckon a 5lb loss in February is doable but I will have to try really hard!

Today I had coffee with cream for breakfast, went shopping for food and then went for a walk before lunch which was Moroccan cauliflower and almond soup and yoghurt and raspberries – I had hot raspberries and cold Greek Yoghurt- it was delicious. Not sure what I fancy for my evening meal but it will definitely be low carb! I am feeling a lot more optimistic about February. Let’s see how much we can all lose in the next 28 days. My plan is to get to 138 lb by Easter.

I am going to stay at the front of the bus this week in good view of the conductor but I am feeling positive about my ability to tackle my excess baggage during February.

Have a good week everyone.

on

SueBlue- well done on your weight loss- you really have inspired me to get going! can I ask you if there are many vegetarian recipes in the fast 800 easy book. I don’t eat meat or fish but do eat eggs and dairy. I am tempted to get it. I have the original recipe book and use a handful of the recipes from that book.

• posted by SueBlue
    on

Cathy, if I had to choose between the 2 books (and could only have 1), then I prefer the original Fast 800 recipe book, I have loads of favourites in there 🙂
    In saying that, I have enjoyed the recipes I have tried from the new book, although a lot of them are similar to ones in the original book, just reworked (for example the Haloumi bake in the original book is very similar to Zucchini baked Haloumi in the new book).
    I did a quick analysis of the 130 recipes and here’s what I found:
    14 vegetarian mains:
    – Med veg and Parmesan omelette
    – Haloumi baked zucchinis
    – Tofu mushroom ramen
    – Roasted veg with cumin and goats cheese
    – One pan miso eggplant with peanuts
    – Mushroom and cashew bourguignon
    – Leek, pea and paneer curry
    – Curried broccoli with paneer
    – Indian inspired chickpea parties
    – Creamy cashew and pumpkin curry
    – Harissa baker cauliflower
    – Quick veggie chilli
    – Easy harissa chickpeas
    – Veggie cottage pie

Then there are 17 veggie sides, 12 treats,
    8 non meat/fish breakfasts, 11 salad/soups with no meat/fish and 14 snacks/light bites.

Out of the vegetarian recipes I’ve made the Zucchini Haloumi dish, chickpea patties, portobello pizzas, scrambled egg stuffed mushrooms and a berry smoothie – have enjoyed them all.

There are mixed reviews for the book in the Facebook Fast 800 group I’m a member of – some are loving it, others not so enthused!

I guess if I were to rate the 3 recipe books I have, I’d give the Fast 800 recipe book 5/5 stars, the Blood Sugar Diet recipe book 4/5 stars and the Fast 800 Easy maybe 3/5 stars, although to be fair I haven’t made many of the recipes yet!

Hope this helps 🙂

• posted by Busybee
    on

I’m quietly travelling at the front of the bus as I too still need to be watched by the conductor.
    I’m feeling more in control and using my new toy, Happy Scales, is motivating me to stay on track.
    I’m also being kinder to myself and not spending too much time counting everything that goes into my mouth. My new eating plan is a hard boiled egg and coffee with cream mid morning so I can take my steroids, a shake for lunch and then protein and veg for dinner.
    I’ll continue with this until I get bored as it saves me having to make too many food decisions.
    O.D.A.A.T.
    X B

on

Thanks SueBlue for your really helpful answer. I checked and I have got the BSD recipe book. I really quite fancy most of the vegetarian recipes from your new book and so I am going to treat myself to this book. My meals are getting very samey and that’s down to me being lazy. I used to enjoy making the cauliflower base pizza but haven’t made it for at least two years so I think if I get the book it will inspire me to have a bigger repertoire of go to recipes. I’ll also check out the fast 800 recipe book on Amazon today and might go mad and get both.

Day 2 of February and I am already 1.6 lbs down (water) so 4 lb to lose this month to get me back to my pre Christmas weight. Feeling excited and back in control.

on

SueBlue- bought the Fast 800 recipe book £8 from Amazon.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Hi fellow travellers! Good luck for todays journey! 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻
    Todays thought…look after yourself,because you cant pour from an empty cup
    BUSYBEE, is Happy Scales an app?

• posted by Busybee
    on

Yes, SueBlue recommended it and I downloaded it last Sunday. It’s good to track where you are, what you want to be and how long it will take you to get there.
    As I’ve said before, I find something new helps to lift me from the monotony of a life of dieting!
    Im polishing my mantra again!
    X B

on

I’ve had a headache all day presuming it was the weather but then realised it’s carb flu! I’m burning fat according to my Ketostix and I am hungry! Am drinking lots of water. I have also reset my happy scales app. Every little helps to keep me on track.

• posted by JGwen
    on

Hi CC
    If you are coming back from eating carbs remember you need to increase salt. – Keto flu or Carb flu is just a lack of electrolytes

on

Thanks JGwen- just put a good sprinkling of Maldon salt on my roasted sprouts! Delicious!

• posted by Mariet
    on

Hi everyone, I’ve been MIA the past week or so because I’ve been frankly sulking 😁
    I’ve been committed, nothing white has passed my lips for weeks, no snacking between meals, lots of water, short eating window but I’ve been stuck at the same point, in fact going up and down by more than a kilo a day. And no progress on how my clothes feel either.
    I’m keeping on because what other choices do I have? Nothing else has worked for me. I’m a little worried that my TDR has reduced so much that even 800 cal is too much for me to lose weight on.
    Anyway I am just venting. Still on the bus, still trying.
    A big WELL DONE to those who have succeeded, hopefully I’ll catch up this week.

on

Mariet- It’s so upsetting when we don’t see the results we want when we know how hard we are trying and know that we are doing everything right. I completely understand how you feel. I wonder if my body too is so used to eating 800 and low carb. However, It’s not good to reduce any further. We have both followed this way of eating for such a long time now and we know our bodies well. I find that not weighing myself daily but still keeping to the plan helps my mental well-being. It’s so disheartening to see the scales going up but not down! Sadly, I don’t have any answers and we just have to keep on doing our very best. I find that when I’ve been off plan like at Christmas and then go back to BSD that my body switches into ketosis quite quickly. I won’t be weighing again until 1.3.21 so I am hoping that in that month I will have lost my Christmas weight-gain. How much more weight do you want to lose? My BMI is 28 so I know I have lots more to lose. Like you say, we have to keep on keeping on. I tend to lose weight very slowly but if I keep going and keep working HARD I do see results but it takes ages.

You’re doing the right thing, youre in good company and hopefully someone might come up with a top tip. I am going to do a long fast once a week to see if that helps kick start a loss. SueBlue seems to be on a roll at the moment so maybe she can share some advice on to get things moving.

Well done for keeping on and well done for venting! Glad you’re still with us and working hard. I’ve ordered another recipe book Fast 800 to inspire me to eat different things. I am fed up of the same old boring meals, Maybe that would be something different to try. Just a thought. Whatever happens don’t give up. We have to keep chipping away.

• posted by SueBlue
    on

Cathy & Mariet I WISH I had the answer as to how/why this WOE is working for me at the moment! As Cathy and my other 2017 BSD buddies on here know, I usually lose weight VERY slowly and I’ve had so many attempts it’s not funny!
    I have been recording everything in My Fitness Pal so I had a look back at the last 5 weeks and looked at my average daily calories,
    and also what amount of weight I lost that week, I’ll also summarise what I’ve been doing.
    Now to give this some context my BMI was 33.1 on New Years Eve, and I needed to lose 24.1kg to get into the Normal BMI range (not that I think that’s the be all and end all, I’d be happy to get to just overweight rather than Obese!). I’m just focusing on losing 10-12kg of that at the moment, then I’ll focus on the rest.
    I started on Monday 4 Jan so am now in Week 5, and to date I have lost 4.2kg since NYE.
    As much as I would have loved to follow the Fast 800 12 week plan for fast weight loss, I knew I wouldn’t be able to stick to 800 calories every day for 12 weeks, I also knew I wouldn’t be able to give up wine for 12 weeks.

So I decided to do more of a 5:2 plan, and some weeks I manage 4:3. On my fast days (the 2 or 3 800 calorie ones), I eat around 800-900 calories and keep those days alcohol free. Then on the other 4 or 5 days I eat more to my appetite, but calories are still pretty low, around 1200-1300, but it’s higher on the days I have a drink. I drink white wine and soda water on 1 or 2 evenings a week.

I also do TRE of 16:8 most days, so my first meal is usually 10.30/11am and last meal around 6.30pm.
    Sometimes I’m not hungry till 12.30 so I skip breakfast and have lunch as my first meal. What I eat depends on if it’s a work day or not. On work days I tend to have a smallish breakfast, decent lunch and then dinner. On days I’m not working I skip breakfast and just have brunch and then dinner. I don’t snack really, but do have a couple of white coffees from my Nespresso machine (I worked these out to be 34 calories each), white tea and fruit teas.

I’m far from perfect which makes me feel a little guilty that you are sticking to plan and not seeing results Mariet :(. Today for example my dinner was a McDonalds McFeast burger (although I didn’t have any chips and I only drank water!)

Anyway here’s a breakdown of my average daily calories and weight loss
    Week 1 – 1131 calories, lost 3.1kg (in 10 days not a week as I took my starting weight on NYE but started 4/1)
    Week 2 – 1166 calories, GAINED 1kg
    Week 3 – 1210 calories, lost 1/2kg
    Week 4 – 1077 calories, lost 1kg
    Week 5 – so far averaging 1134 calories, lost 0.6kg

I’m not doing ANY exercise at the moment and my daily step average is about 2,000 (plan to increase that though).

The foods I’m eating are a mix of my favourite meals and some new ones from the Fast 800 book. I don’t count macros, don’t keep my carbs under a certain amount. I do however weigh ingredients as much as possible – I had become complacent so just out of interest a few weeks ago I began guesstimating weights and then checking on the scales – what I thought was 50g grated cheese was actually 75g!

As to when to weigh – in the past I have found it best to weigh weekly as I usually lose weight so slowly it was frustrating to weigh daily. However this time around I have been daily weighing. I find when I do see a loss it spurs me on to stay on track that day, and then if I stay the same it also encourages me to stay on track as I want to see some movement on the scales! I use the Happy Scales (free version) app, as even on days when I’ve had a gain, the app gives me a ‘moving average’ and I can see the downward trend on the graph.

Other than that, I’ve also been listening to a weight loss guided meditation/mindfulness app, not every day but at least 4 times a week. I think that’s helping, as I’ve definitely lost the desire to snack on the wrong foods.

Some of the other helpful tips on here have been not buying foods that are not on plan, as it’s easier to avoid them or say no in the supermarket than it is at home! This one has really helped me, also JGwen’s sulky teenager trick! Some nights I am hungry but I just tell myself I cannot eat until the next day and I make a fruit tea instead. If I’m ever really hungry during the day and it’s between meals then I have a couple of almonds or a cube of cheese.

Anyway, that’s about it! Hopefully some of this info helps 🙂

• posted by JGwen
    on

Hi Mariet,

Sorry to hear you are feeling down. –

I would suggest a couple of things. – I find using the cheap breathalyser is a good solution for me when I am not seeing results where I want them. If I confirm that I am in Ketosis then I know that somewhere my body is healing and I am doing the right thing and just wait and it will catch up. – Or it tells me that I am not in ketosis and I need to look for what I am doing that I need to tweak.

The other thing is that its tempting to just look for changes where we want to see them, like waist or hips. Lots of us have found that our bodies decide instead to expose collar bones, and drop shoe sizes instead. – That’s happening to me again, my wellies are getting too big for my feet and I am sure its not because they have stretched.

• posted by RubyG
    on

My current BMI is 32.4 (weight 12st 6lb), and I would like to get it below 30 and into the overweight bracket. At 11st, my BMI would be 28.7 and I know that is a comfortable size for me. In order to get to a “healthy” BMI I would need to lose a further 2-4st below that, which is quite frankly ridiculous and not a weight I have been since I was a sports-mad 16-year old!
    I am feeling stuck this week, haven’t had any unplanned carbs (just what is in leafy greens etc.) but haven’t been tracking either, so I know I need to focus again.

on

The fast 800 recipe book has arrived and I have seen lots of lovely things to cook and eat. I am going to have a really good read of the introduction tonight to get me back into this way of eating. I am on day 3 today of my reboot and am firmly in ketosis. Had a cup of red bush tea for breakfast, had two egg muffins from the BSD recipe book and salad for lunch and am going to have a quorn fillet with mushrooms and cream and some tenderstem broccoli for my tea. Thanks SueBlue for the recommendation. I am loving the recipes and even being a strict vegetarian there is a lot of choice.

Keep going everyone. 25 days left in February to make a difference. How much can we lose in 25 days?

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

So much good info being shared here on da bus!👏🏽👏🏽👏🏽
    CCATHY your menu today sounds very nice!😋
    JGWEN where can i buy a cheap breathalyser..do they sell them in the chemists?
    Onwards and downwards folks,cross hills and dales,heading to better days,O.D.A.A.T. X

• posted by JGwen
    on

Yowzer

You can buy an AT6000 via amazon. Its about £14 . If you search the “Take a look at this” thread you will find links to articles I have posted in the past which describe how to use and compares the accuracy to more expensive keto breath testers.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Thanks JGWEN! X

on

SueBlue- I am nominating you for one of our awards- an award for inspiration! Well deserved too! 🥇🏆

Thank you for sharing your post NewYear five week diet success story. I think it is interesting that mixing things up seems to have made a huge difference. I also think that eating a bit more doesn’t always mean weight gain and in fact whenever I have eaten more I’ve found that I’ve not gained as I had expected to. Some great top tips for those of us who have been doing this a long time with still lots to learn. JGwen’s post this week has helped so many of us- telling our growling bellies to calm down and ignoring it! We have to find ways to mix things up a bit too and that’s why I ordered the new book. Loads of lovely new things to eat. I am going to re-educate myself over the next day or so. I’ve also downloaded the happy scale app and though I try and avoid the scales these days after being a daily weigher for so long, if I ever do feel I want to take a peek, I think it will be useful to see my trend! One thing I’ve never done is listen to a mindfulness/meditation app and being married to a practising Buddhist teacher you might find that strange but I’ve never felt it would be helpful so, like you, I am going to give that a try too. Thank you so much for inspiring us to make changes to our practice with hopefully the wonderful results that you have had in January! I am so happy for you Sue- I know how hard you have worked to achieve your goal and I have a feeling that this could be the year that we all achieve success! Come on everybody- let’s make 2021 our year!

• posted by Mariet
    on

What a lovely group of women we have on the bus! Thank you all so much, I woke to all your messages this morning and it gave me such a lift.
    JGwen, thank you for reminding me about losing inches from all over not just the usual suspects! My feet are swollen as anything, it’s summer here, but I think my collar bones are a little more prominent and my back boobs might have reduced 😂
    I’m aiming long term to lose 15kg but have broken it down to 5kg increments and am 2.5 away from the first milestone 😁
    I know I’m in ketosis, I’m lucky that I work in the Birth Unit and can check my blood ketone level every day. So something must be happening!
    I think I’ll try another recipe as well, I’ve still only got my original one and some new ideas sounds great.
    Thank you all again, I really appreciated it.

• posted by SueBlue
    on

The book itself costs around $20-$22 in KMart, Target, Big W etc,

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Seconding CCATHs award to SUEBLUE!!!!!
    And nominating JGWEN for an award for being our encyclopaedia of helpfulness!
    Wild cheers and thunderous clapping raising the roof of the bus!👏🏽👏🏽👏🏽👏🏽👏🏽👏🏽👏🏽👏🏽👏🏽👏🏽👏🏽👏🏽👏🏽👏🏽👏🏽👏🏽👏🏽
    We are the indefatigable Team BusterBus! Tho i dont like the word FAT in the middle…We are the Tireless Team BusterBus!
    We will never stop til we all reach our destination XXXXXXX

• posted by ADD6605
    on

Have been meaning to post all week and never got round to it but I have been reading forums daily.I’m still at the front of the bus as not fully on board yet unfortunately,just can’t seem to get my head in the right place,but I start every day with the best of intentions so hopefully today will be the start of my proper countdown to Easter.Well done to everyone who is doing so well and big hugs to anyone struggling.Dawn X

• posted by Busybee
    on

Well deserved awards to SueBlue and JQwen whose wise words keep up up to date and motivated.
    I also would like to nominate Yowzer for the entertainment and mojo award for keeping our spirits up and making us smile with her little homilies. 😂.
    I still need the conductor to make sure I don’t get off at the wrong stop but have kept my seat warm this week.
    O.D.A.A.T.
    X B

• posted by Millie Moo
    on

Hi – I have posted on another forum then spotted yours and some familiar names! I think the conductor needs to sit on me – I have let the 1.5 weight loss I achieved a couple of years ago gradually creep on due to menopause,lockdown and stuffing my face!!! So here it goes – 11 stone weigh-in , I am now feeling motivated, and will stick to the 3 litre water intake, and not be tempted to eat the cheese in the fridge which I love , I’m a savoury girl not sweet! Hopefully I will see a good loss over the week, although I think I am resistant so not sure if it will come off as quick as I want it too. Looking forward to the spring and some warmer weather and to be wearing my shorts so I need to get the weight off. Keep me motivated ladies with the great post and here’s to a fab day! 🙏😊🤞

on

Welcome to our thread Millie Moo – we are a friendly and supportive group. We are all at different stages of our journey and there is always someone around to offer good advice and a top tip when things get tough. I couldn’t have lost my weight and stayed motivated without the support of my friends on this forum.

I was thinking, (for those of us in the UK) – wouldn’t it be wonderful to look our slimmest and best when we come out of lockdown and eventually get to see people once more instead of feeling embarrassed that we have let ourselves down during lockdown and piled on the pounds!

I’ve had a good week this week. Am in ketosis and feeling positive and not hungry (the best part of this way of eating). I am finding that weighing monthly takes the pressure off me. I might have a sneaky peak next week just so that I can update my happy scale app.

Have a good weekend everyone. Keep remembering that we are all going to fly out of the Bus as beautiful butterflies at some point 🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

welcome MILLIE MOO XXX plenty of room on the Bus,the more the merrier! good luck,,hop aboard and enjoy the trip!x
    CCATHY YOure doing so well,in ketosis and not hungry makes life so much easier!x 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻
    Yes! I love to imagine us flying out as magical butterflies!will be lovely in the summer when we can go out in light summery outfits and enjoy feeling good! 💕💕💕💕💕💕xx
    Have a good weekend chickadees! X

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

PS! DAWN I meant to say,so glad to see you here!
    If its any consolation,Im struggling today and have made poor food choices
    The road can get bumpy as we ride the bus,but tomorrow is always a new day,a new start! Another chance to get into the groove.
    We can do it,.all for one and one for all..the Bus Musketeers! 🥳😀 xxx O.D.A.A.T. As our BUSYBEE always says xx
    Oh and PPS..thanks B for the nom! X💕

• posted by ADD6605
    on

Thanks Yowser,It’s definitely a bit of a bumpy ride for me but with all of your support I know I will reach my destination eventually😀 Dawn X

• posted by Busybee
    on

We all have a bumpy ride at times and fortunately we don’t all fall by the wayside at the same time. When we are struggling our virtual friends step in to lift our spirits and give us the push we need to get back on the straight and narrow.
    O.D.A.A.T.
    X B

on

I’ve just remembered something which is going to be a massive motivation for me- I am 60 in June! That gives me four months’ to be at or below my goal weight of 138 lb. 🦋

What is your motivation for getting to goal this year?

Cathy

• posted by Dreamscometrue
    on

Cathy it’s great to have your special birthday to aim for. And hopefully by then we can get out and about a bit more to celebrate!

My wedding is planned for early September so that’s my focus. It will only be a small event whatever the circumstances. I want to wear something nice, though not a proper wedding dress, which means starting to look around during summer I guess. So I need to be at a maintainable weight by then so that whatever I get fits well and continues to do so by September No pressure!

I am planning to do a complete diet and fitness blitz during Lent, which also takes me nicely to the end of our bus trip. I’m doing ok, very gradual downward trends and nothing too wayward, it’s just I know I really need to up the ante to get rid of these stubborn last few pounds to get me to goal.

Some great progress on here over the past few days. Sorry not to post much, just been busy, but I do read everything. And Sue I echo what others have said about your positive and helpful posts. Sending love and hugs to those who are either stalling despite best efforts, or struggling to get into the zone. We’ve all been there, but hang in there and eventually something will shift.

Hope everyone is well, and that you all have a good weekend whatever you are up to X

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

My motivation for getting to goal this year..I just want to enjoy life to the max when we get the chance….this year hopefully!
    I want to feel really good physically AND mentally,and that only really happens for me when Im not overweight. I really didnt think it would matter that much now Im 71- but it still does! 🥰 xxx

Please log in or register to post a reply.