Easter Bus Tour

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

DAWN i’m afraid its time…Im coming round to yours with a wet lettuce! Get in the queue..😁

• posted by ADD6605
    on

YOWSER u will need a full basket of lettuces! Dawn X

• posted by ClarinetCathy
    on

Hi Dawn and so sorry to hear that you, too are struggling to get your act together. I think it would be too cruel to shock yourself into action- that’s just bullying yourself! Your weight is what it is and beating yourself up isn’t being kind to yourself. We are all still facing difficult and uncertain times ahead and we have all had a horrendous year with all the worry and anxiety of Covid so being a few pounds overweight is not the end of the world. The time just isn’t right for some of us. I loved Yowser’s popcorn anecdote! i am hoping that after Easter when the weather starts to warm up and summer is around the corner we might find ourselves in the right place. I certainly hope. Don’t write yourself off Dawn- let’s just do what we can day by day. I have come to learn some hard lessons over this last few months and that’s why I am taking things slowly at the moment. We can do this .

• posted by ADD6605
    on

Thanks Cathy,I think you are right,I will just take one day at a time and may put off the weighing and measuring myself for a little while yet,the shock may be too much for me😭 I know a lot of us have really struggled with weight loss over this last year,I feel as if I’ve been living in a sort of limbo for the full time.Dawn X

• posted by Busybee
    on

It seems that the enthusiasm and success for some of us has disappeared and I think we are suffering from long covid dieting!
    Although I have been trying to lose weight for sixty years or more, I think the past three months had been the most difficult. The isolation, restrictions and missing family and friends has caught up and overtaken my resolve.
    I’m just hoping that from Monday when we can slowly start to get out into the big wild world that our spirits will lighten and we can get back to the job in hand!
    At the moment my mantra has changed to try to start again every day even though I’ve failed the previous day!
    I agree that we should be kind to ourselves and restart when the time is right for us.
    Love and virtual hugs to you all.
    XB

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Good day BUSYBEE🐝and everyone.
    I agree,life’s tough enough just now without beating ourselves up over eating too much / the wrong things.
    Like DAWN said,we’ve been in limbo for a long time. Just do the best you can today,then try again tomorrow.
    Turning it on its head,arent we lucky we have plentiful food and lots of meal / snaxident choices?
    And Easter is nearly here!🐥🐰 chocolate and hotcross buns.its the law!
    Anybody up for a singsong? Courtesy of Mr Bob Marley.
    🎶“ Don’t worry about a thing,
    Coz every little thing’s gonna be alright “🎶
    Ps Mr Marley said : One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain. 👏🏽👏🏽👏🏽👏🏽

• posted by Busybee
    on

Yes, I love that song! I remember singing along to it on the beach in St Lucia many years ago!
    Happy memories!!!
    I have just lost a message to say well done on the success of your new regime Yowzer but hey ho you get the drift!
    X B

• posted by Dreamscometrue
    on

I love that song too! Last sang it in the open air with a group of friends as part of an ongoing campaign to save a live music venue. (And yes we won :))

Life is tough for us all right now. But the very fact we are still here is a positive to be celebrated. I’ve been wondering what (if?) to do after this thread and wondered about something along the lines of Slow Dance to Summer? Or words to that effect? I think that all of us on here want to lose weight and inches, but we’re all realistic enough to know that life tends to get in the way, and as long as we’re plodding on and have each other for company, we will gradually move towards our goals. Let me know what you think?

I’ve actually had a good week. Don’t faint!! Now at 139.2lb and, much more importantly, I have lost inches from my waist, belly and hips. To be honest, the scales have become much less important to me than how I look and feel. I’m generally doing ok with the eating – though STILL drink too much wine. But because I’m doing lots of running – been doing a March 100K challenge for Breast Cancer Now – I do feel and look more toned. So decided to take measurements today – which usually depresses me! – and was gobsmacked to see some losses since last time. When I get round to it, I might even try on the “Marillion jeans” (bought and meant to be worn to a gig in October 2017 but far too small!!).

So what I’m saying is there’s hope for all of us. Whatever your pattern of eating, your weaknesses, and your individual goals. you CAN do this. I’m not going to be at my long term goal of 133lb by Easter (yawn!!) but I might just make it to 138. But – much more importantly – I’m feeling happy in myself and definitely looking trimmer, and clothes fitting better.

I think what we have learned from the past year is to appreciate every moment and be content with who we are and where we are at. Even if we have goals that we are aiming for to be a “better” version of ourselves, let’s rejoice in where we are now rather than pinning all our hopes of happiness and fulfilment on that nebulous future time.

OK, philosophising over!! Have a lovely weekend everyone. And love yourself, whoever/however you are right now X

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Thanks BUSYBEE!XX
    Well said DCT!👏🏽👏🏽👏🏽👏🏽And well done on the challenge too👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻 AND the inches lost 🎶🎶🎶
    I was only wondering and hoping last night you wd come up with a new challenge for us to take us to summer👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻
    Slow dance to Summer sounds good,specially as most of us ARE finding it quite slow going..and Dance sounds cheery,keep our spirits up!
    Oh thats great you saved a live music venue! Love live music💕XX

on

Well done DCT on getting below the elusive 140lb. I remember when I did it it 2017 I was so excited, I honestly don’t know how I ever achieved getting as low as 130 lb! I couldn’t maintain it but how did I even do it? I am sure my body has rebelled. I have decided that 138 lb is going to be my new goal but to be honest I fear I won’t be able to achieve it. One thing I have noticed this last couple of weeks is that I’ve changed my mindset and also my eating pattern and I am less focused /obsessed about what I eat. It has occurred to me over the last few weeks as to whether I have an eating disorder??? I know it sounds weird but I have wondered whether it could be the case because I seem to have been focusing on what I eat for a long long time and it does occupy a lot of my time as does my weight and inability to lose it! I can’t really put into words my thought process. Anyway, I have been eating what a “normal person” would eat and just getting on with it, and I haven’t been feeling hungry and I haven’t been weighing myself. I have my cholesterol to get down and I have to make sure I am eating healthy now I have significant osteoporosis and it has given me something different to focus on which has taken a lot of pressure of “dieting” off me. I still aim to feel comfortable in my clothes over the summer so I shall be doing the slow dance with you all. I’ll be doing a slow dance to get my cholesterol down to normal, so reducing my saturated fats and doing a slow dance to get my clothes fitting nicely- I can’t afford to buy bigger clothes so it keeps me on the straight and narrow.

Well done everyone on keeping focused about being healthy. Well done on being the best we can possibly be every day despite life getting in the way and trying to derail us.

Thank you to everyone for the support, fun, wisdom on this thread.

• posted by SueBlue
    on

I’m another passenger who hasn’t been travelling as well as I could be! Nothing too drastic, just keep gaining and losing the same 1/2kg! Have had a few carb filled days, a little too much wine on the weekends, that sort of thing. On the plus side I have been walking for an hour 3 or 4 times a week, and when I took my measurements this morning I had lost more cm – it’s about 14cm lost now across bust/waist/hips and thighs.
    I was tempted by hot cross buns and gave in to temptation, buying a packet. I had some for breakfast and then more for lunch! As I ate them instead of meals rather than in addition to meals the calories weren’t horrifically over.
    I’ve decided to just be sensible this week and over Easter, but will enjoy some treats. Then I’ll jump back into another 12 week round on Easter Monday.
    It will be a slow dance to summer for me – summer here starts 1 December so I’d hope to reach my goal by then!
    I was looking at the stats on Happy Scales , and if I could lose 1/2kg a week I would be at my initial goal on 22 June – but if I lose at my current rate (100g per week) it will take over a year! I know which I’d rather…
    Cathy I read something about Osteoporosis the other day and I thought of you, it was a magazine ad, that basically said it was a positive thing to have received a diagnosis as you can start to take control of the disease – far better up know and be able to do something about it, be the one in charge, than to discover you have it when you’ve had a nasty fall and broken a hip or something. It may not be curable, but it is treatable 🙂
    I only have borderline/minor osteoporosis (There is probably another term for it but I can’t remember!) so I should only need to stay on treatment for 3-5 years, then if everything is ok I can stop.
    DCT – well done on your weight loss progress!
    Dawn & everyone else struggling – I think it is amazing that you are all still here on board, given the circumstances! You are all doing so well in that you care about your health and fitness and are trying to improve it, despite living in very difficult times, so hang in there!

• posted by Busybee
    on

Lovely comments, hopes and ambitions coming through along with the prospect of a little warm for a few days here in the UK.
    I too like the idea of a slow dance to summer DCT – perhaps wriggling our hips and waving our arms about will help us lose a few inches!
    X B

• posted by ADD6605
    on

Hi everyone,it’s lovely reading all of the kind and encouraging words to those of us who are struggling,it definitely helps me.I’m having a mixture of healthy and unhealthy food at the minute but start (most) days with the intention of only eating healthily,even more so since Thursday night as I was so bloated and had such bad indigestion that I only had one hour’s sleep so felt pretty rough all day on Friday.Have Tesco delivery due tomorrow so think I am going to order lots of salady stuff which I haven’t felt like for a while (I seem to go off it during the colder weather) and will do a menu plan for the week.Thanks to all of you for keeping me determined to succeed with this woe! Dawn X

• posted by Busybee
    on

I know that feeling well Dawn! For me it’s a mixture of misery and disgust though sometimes it’s gets me back on the straight and narrow.
    What matters most is that we pick ourselves up and start all over again – I expect Yowzer will be along to sing the sing for us!
    O.D.A,A.T.
    X B

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Hi bus dwellers! I can’t decide if Im more excited about the nights getting longer or the prospect of some chocco at the end of this week. Just had a grocery delivery and my Carb Monster is clutching her head in her hands bc its all low carb,full fat stuff. ….she’ll cheer up at the end of the week though! What day does our bus screech to a halt at the Easter destination? Friday,Sat or Sun? Or Thursday?🤔
    Anybody got a song request? Trying to think of a song we might all know..I like this one coz we can sing it in a round..heres the words in case you dont know them,so you can all join in. This is one of my favourites!
    🎶🎶🎶I love the mountains,I love the rolling hills
    I love the flowers,I love the daffodils
    I love the fireside When the lights are low
    Chorus!
    Boom-da
    De Boom da
    Boom-da
    De Boom-da…….
    I love the ocean,I love the open sea
    I love the forest,I love the bumblebees 🐝🐝🐝
    I love the stars above,When night turns into day
    Boom da De Boom da….🎶🎶🎶

• posted by Busybee
    on

I’m unsure as well when our bus tour finishes and although it had been a bumpy ride at times I have enjoyed the journey with my fellow passengers.
    We should celebrate (commiserate!) perhaps with a sing song of Yowzer’s music collection which has kept us cheerful over the past few weeks.
    I am giving a last push this week to be able to show at least a little loss when we end this tour
    – some have done really well and others (me) haven’t but the main thing is to keep on keeping on O.D.A.A.T.
    X B

on

Hello everyone!

Shall we finish our bus tour on Thursday evening? That takes us nicely up to the Easter weekend. Allow ourselves the weekend off then begin our “Slow Dance to Summer” (or whatever else we want to call it!) as from next Tuesday, 6th April. And maybe run that up to the end of June, so it’s another chunk of around 12 weeks?

Let me know if that’s ok and I’ll set it up first thing Tuesday, unless anyone else would like to?

I’ll report back on my Easter Bus Tour progress on Thursday . . . .

on

Hello Everyone and thank you DCT for clarification that we will end our Easter Bus Tour on Thursday. I’ve just been looking at my stats and it may be possible to end the tour with a loss! I can’t believe how difficult I’ve found the last few months so if I can end with a loss of even a maintain then I am going to take that as success all things considered! I’m going to try to lose a pound or so before Thursday!!! I like to weigh self once a month so Thursday 1st April is perfect for me and the I’ll commence my slow dance to summer and hope that I can get myself sorted!

The summer weather has arrived today and I bet a few of us were wondering what summer clothes we would find In our wardrobe to fit into. It made me realise that I need to be sensible going forward so that my summer clothes feel comfortable and I can wear the summer clothes I love.

So, I’ve not lost the plot fully, I’ve maintained since February which isn’t what I had hoped for but all is not lost and if I put my mind to it I can be lighter than I was in February on Thursday’s weigh in.

Looking forward to reading how well the losers have done and looking for inspiration as we all disembark from the Easter Bus and get our dancing shoes on ready for summer. I hope that everyone who hasn’t achieved their goal like me can draw a line under things and move forward with renewed hope and optimism for success over the next three months. Thanks DCT for agreeing to start the thread for us.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Oooh yes please..sounds like a plan DCT! Thank you xx❤️ Good morning CCATHY and all xx

• posted by Busybee
    on

That sounds like a very good plan which allows us a couple of days ‘off’ and then we can gird up our loins again on Tuesday.
    I too will settle the score card on Thursday!
    X B

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Good to see so many people have stayed on the bus for the duration. I am here but not posting daily. I know I havent hit my planned goal for the Easter bus ride but I will let you know where I am on this journey on Friday morning.

Lovely weather here today and thoughts turn to getting the garden ready for summer. Told hubby I will give him until April 1st before I start nagging about the jobs I cant do myself – like put the canvas roof on the gazebo – Im not tall enough.

• posted by JGwen
    on

Ending the bus tour on Thursday sounds like a good idea. I would suggest that as we have people from around the world who will be queuing at the bus stop to board for the next leg of the journey next week maybe we should focus on the month in the title rather than the seasons. – Would Jive to July if we are thinking of strapping on our dancing shoes.

Or maybe something about Apply or Fly ?

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Good day and a verrry happy April! Yipppee! Our bus is running back into the garage now for a well earned rest.
    Thanks to all my fellow travellers for fun and laughter,song and support,as we’ve journeyed along,over the weeks.XX
    Ive lost about half a stone,mainly thanks to the last two weeks when Ive been having a shake and a low carb meal per day. This is the same half stone I lost before Christmas and promptly put back on over Xmas and January 🙄 I know some of you can relate to this only too well!
    Can I keep it off and go on to lose more? Time will tell.
    Onwards and downwards,Im ready for the next challenge! See you there!
    Happy Easter, BusTour peeps!xxxxx
    🐰🎶🥳🐥🐰🎶🥳🐥🐰🎶🥳🐰🎶🥳🐥🐰🎶🥳🐥🎶🐰🥳🐥🎶🐰🥳🎶🐰🥳🐥🎶🐰🎶🥳🐥🎶🐰

• posted by Busybee
    on

There seems to be a pattern here!
    I’ve managed to lose just four pounds during our bus tour!! I have been losing and gaining the same six pounds over the past year and today weigh the same as I did back then. I’m glad I actually haven’t gained any more but really have to do something about it!
    I’ve been reading the opening posts from January and it’s lovely to see so many passengers have stayed with us on the bus.
    As Yowzer says, we’ve had so much fun, love and support together and I too will be ready (again!) to join the new journey next week.
    X B

• posted by Mariet
    on

Hi everyone, I’m happy to see so many still here and with some good results 😁

Unfortunately I’m finishing off where I started but relieved that things are not worse. I don’t know what’s wrong with me. In fact, I’m beginning to wonder whether it’s worth my going back to the (expensive) hypnotherapist who helped me give up smoking. 12 months without the smokes, yay, but the price of a stone in weight has been a high one to pay.

So I’ll be there on the new thread and really, really trying- again 😂

• posted by SueBlue
    on

Hello all,
    Well done Yowzer and Busybee on your losses.
    My result was 6.1kg loss during our bus trip, just a few hundred grams short of a stone 🙂
    This puts me at 50% of the way towards my first goal for this year, I’d really like to lose the same amount again by July and then I can set my next target.
    The majority of my loss was early on during the trip, then I floundered mid way, gaining and losing, but then this last couple of weeks was able to go down another kilo. Now to keep it off over Easter and then start moving downwards again.
    Hope everyone has a lovely Easter, and that restrictions continue to ease for you x
    🐣 🐣. 🐣. 🐣. 🐣

on

Hello fellow travellers and what fantastic results for so many of the passengers. Mariet, our journeys have been the same. I weighed in this morning 0.2lb lighter than I was on First February and March. So I’ve maintained. It’s been a rocky road for me over the last three months and so I am happy not to weigh heavier. I am definitely feeling that I’ve turned a corner and hope to make my progress over the next leg of the journey. I have to lower my cholesterol in the next three months so less fat can only help me to lose the excess. I have my 60th birthday in June and it would be fantastic to weigh somewhere near to my goal weight by then. I’ve got some lovely summer clothes and I have a trip to Ragdale hall health spa booked in July so lots of reasons to be looking and more importantly feeling my best. Yowser, the shake and low carb meal might be something for me to consider. Can I ask you which shakes you’ve been using, It might kickstart some weight loss for me. I am going to commit to walking every day and I have an orthopaedic telephone consultation this morning regarding my painful toes so I might get some advice/help to enable me to do some longer walks.

Happy Easter everyone. I am sorry that I’ve not contributed much over the journey and I hope to feel more positive as we dance ourselves to the summer. Looking forward to sharing the next leg of what I hope may be a very successful one for us all. Thank you to all my lovely fellow passengers for the fun, laughter, inspiration and support. I am going to be sitting on the bus bright and breezy next week and I’m bringing my white jeans with me on the journey. I’m determined to wear them on my birthday this year!

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Just a quicky CCATH,have just lost a long reply!grrr!
    This is the link… https://uk.huel.com/
    I bought Huel Black ( low carb ) in salted caramel and banana flavours. I like both,but theres other flavours too.
    One drink is 90g powder = 400 cals,16 carb.
    I make a smaller drink to leave about 400 cals for a meal and 100 cals for milk in my tea.
    I make it the night before and it thickens overnight in the fridge.
    Lots of vits and minerals in it,and all plant based. I feel well on it and not very hungry.
    Must fly!
    XX

on

Hi everyone, my recorded loss for the trip we have been on is 4lbs. However, just like someone else this is the same as I was some weeks ago. In fact it is my lead up to Christmas weight so the 4lbs was my holiday gain and now it is gone AGAIN. Nothing to be upset about, better than still having it stuck to my midriff (where it normally sits). I am on a new regime of TRE and doing well so I am happy to start another journey through to summer as it doesnt look as though we will be going anywhere else what with France going back into lockdown from Saturday for 1 month. Happy travelling everyone.

on

Hi everyone and Happy Easter! The bus has finally arrived at its destination – even if some of us have decided to keep travelling on!

Thanks JGwen for the name suggestion: you are quite right that “summer” is pretty meaningless for those in the Southern Hemisphere. I like Jive to July – is everyone happy with that? Let me know and I will set it up on Tuesday.

Well done to all those who have lost. SueBlue I think you definitely deserve an award this time! Well done X

I’ve lost 4.5lb on this tour but am scared it will all go back on again. I find I have to work increasingly hard to get and keep off these last few pounds before target. I’m now 139lb and have 6lb to go now to my ever hopeful target of 133. I really do hope to get there by the end of the next thread as I need to be getting a wedding dress sorted by then! But I was surprised to check back on my weight this time last year and find it was 148lb. So have lost nearly 10lb since then which is good news.

OK, am off to do the weekly shop now, an extra complicated one as have two lots of outdoor guests coming, so lots of extra stuff to buy.

Best wishes to everyone. I’ll be checking this thread over the weekend if anyone feels like posting, and will set up the new one on Tuesday X

• posted by JGwen
    on

Hi guys,

I can’t report progress on the scales from this bus tour because I didn’t measure myself at the start and have not been on the scales for months.

I can report that the inch gain from a prolonged Christmas has been dispelled and my belt is on the same hole it was at the start of lockdown.

My main progress / success story is that I seem to have turned a corner with carb and eating generally cravings. So I am finding fasting (36 to 42 hour fasts) easier over the last couple of weeks and that’s the technique I will be applying on the next bus tour. I do have a stubborn spare tyre I want rid of, which is probably at least another couple of stone to discard. – Its not certain yet if I will be able to reopen my business for the summer so I have set my sights on being in a shape I would feel comfortable sunbathing on a beach this summer as I may get to enjoy the tourist experience of living near all the beaches in the South West of Wales this year.

on

Dawn just a quick post to say I’m so glad to see the news this morning about care home residents to be allowed two visitors. I do hope this means your mum can now see your dad, and that you will soon be able to as well.

Love to you all and Happy Easter. Hope you have a great weekend and see you with your dancing shoes on Tuesday!

• posted by ADD6605
    on

Thanks DCT,I was really surprised (and happy)when I saw the news on tv as I hadn’t heard it mentioned at all prior to that.My sister has only managed to visit my dad face to face once so far as sadly 2 of the staff tested positive for covid the week following that so the care home had to close to visitors for a few weeks but it’s lovely to know that my mum will be able to also go from the 12th🙂
    Food wise I’m DEFINITELY on the next bus trip as have completely sabotaged the work I did up until Christmas.We spent lovely day and evening in our close friends’ garden yesterday and I am paying today for the over indulgence in eating,feel very bloated today.My mum is coming round for lunch today but it is chicken with veg and I won’t have any pudding, I don’t think I will eat too much for the rest of the day so hopefully I will feel a bit better by tomorrow.What day is the new bus trip starting?
    Dawn X

on

Morning everyone
    It’s been fantastic seeing my family and friends in the garden over the weekend. I’ve eaten what I want in the full knowledge that Tomorrow I am starting my dance! I’ve ordered the shakes that Yowser has been using in an effort to kick start my new regime. I ordered banana and coffee. I’ve never tried shakes before but I wanted to try something new and also I am optimising my nutrition and they looked like they had the vitamins and minerals that will ensure healthy nutrition going forward. They’re vegan too which is good. I am vegetarian but because I need to lower my cholesterol they might help with that too. So, to summarise, I am feeling optimistic and eager to embark on the dance of a lifetime.

Hope you’re all enjoying a nice Easter break and like me are looking forward to the next leg of our journey together.

• posted by ADD6605
    on

Hope everyone is having a nice weekend.Did we decide on a name for our next journey?I’m going to do myself another sparkly chart and stick it on the fridge as I didn’t really write much on my Easter one😕 Dawn X

on

Hi Everyone. Hope we’ve all had a good weekend? Are we happy with Jive to July as the new name?

I’ll set it up later tonight or first thing tomorrow. How about we run till Independence Day, 4th July?

Looking forward to continuing our journey together X

• posted by ADD6605
    on

I think Jive to July is a great name for our next journey DCT. Dawn X

on

Fantastic DCT! I am really excited about how well we are all going to do over the next three months!

on

Hi everyone

Just to say our new Jive to July thread is now set up. Thanks again to JGwen for the name.

I’m excited too Cathy! See you over there . . . . .

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Thanks DCT! X

• posted by Haidee55
    on

How did you make these work? Tried 4 times! Almond milk, dairy milk, batter so thick it wouldn’t pour( think choux pastry), batter made thinner to” normal” batter – every time end up with a heap of something like overcooked scrambled egg. Absolutely unflippable. Could it be my brand of almond flour? Weirdly, the pancakes in the keto book ( very similar recipe) worked perfectly

on

Haidee55, you are on a thread that is over a year old. There is another Easter thread called something like 100 days Journey to Easter.

Please log in or register to post a reply.