Come on everyone let's do this together ! Festive Focus ….Nov 26th and onwards

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by wendleg
    on

You can’t go back and change the beginning BUT
    You can start where you are and change the ending”
    Absolutely.
    Violinist’s Wise Words are etched on my brain. I agree Verano …they are simple and so effective at changing our mindset .
    It is down to us all to make and maintain the changes we so dearly want and we will get there !

Ewe2lambs your weekend suddenly seems more manageable ! Enjoy your evening with your bestie. I sense you will be in a good place in January !

All the very best to everyone xx

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Okay, this is for those who want the cheese souffle recipe – please note: NOT one for the purists here, but for those planning small mindful transgressions, as this one contains wheat flour, giving it a higher carb count – although not off the scale (in my opinion).
    The recipe will make six small starter size portions, or the mixture can be divider into four larger ramekins for a main.

For lining the ramekins: 2 to 3 tablespoons almond flour mixed with 1 tablespoon finely grated Parmesan and melted butter

For Souffles: 60g / 2oz / 4 tbsp butter
    40g /1.5oz / 1/3cup Plain / All Purpose Flour
    120ml / 4 fl oz / 1/2 cup milk (you can infuse the milk if you wish, warming it with some chopped onion, herbs or
    spices)
    120ml / 4 fl oz / 1/2 cup Double / Heavy Cream
    130g / 4oz / 1 cup grated cheese (I like to use a mix of cheeses, maybe Parmesan with mature Cheddar for instance)
    3 large eggs, separated
    Desired seasoning – I like to add some nutmeg or a little mace, as well as salt and pepper, you could use a little chilli if
    liked, or even a little cumin
    1tsp English Mustard (either powder or premixed)

Preheat oven to 180c/350F.
    Prepare ramekins by brushing with melted butter and then coating the inside with the almond flour/parmesan mix – be sure to butter generously to ensure the dry mix can adhere well.
    If you are infusing the milk, put the milk in a saucepan with the onion / herbs / spices you are using and set on a medium heat. As the milk reached boiling, remove from heat and lave to cool and infuse a little, before straining.
    Once strained, mix the milk and the cream together.
    In another saucepan, melt butter and then add the flour and allow to cook out for a couple of minutes whilst stirring.
    Using a whisk, slowly add the milk/cream mix – be sure to add a little at a time ensuring each addition is well combined, so that the mixture doesn’t become lumpy. When all milk has been added, whisk over a medium heat until thickened.
    Remove from heat when the consistency is that of double/heavy cream. Add the cheese – N.B. it is not necessary for the cheese to completely melt.
    Set this mix aside whilst you beat the egg whites until stiff.
    Stir the egg yolks to the cooled cheese mixture and season and transfer from saucepan into a clean bowl large enough to take both the mixture and the beaten egg whites.
    Fold the stiff egg whites into the cheese mixture – be gentle so that the air is not knocked out of the egg whites.
    Spoon the mixture into the prepared ramekins.
    Boil a kettle of water, then place the ramekins in a deep roasting dish and then pour water into the roasting pan halfway up the ramekins.
    Bake for approx 20 mins, or until the souffles are puffed up and golden.
    Remove from oven and allow the souffles to cool in the ramekins until cool enough to handle. The souffles will deflate, but don’t panic, they will re-puff on the second bake.
    When you can handle the ramekins, gently run a knife around the souffles and tip out.
    Allow to cool completely, at which point you may either refrigerate, freeze or prepare for second baking.
    When defrosting, do not use a microwave – allow to defrost naturally.

For Reheating / Second Bake: 120ml / 4 fl oz / 1/2 cup cream
    60g / 2oz / 4 tbsp grated cheese

For the second bake: preheat the oven as before.
    Place the souffles right side up in gratin or pie dishes (if you don’t have individual dishes, put them in a lightly greased dish large enough to comfortably take the number of souffles you are rebaking).
    Mix the cream and grated cheese together and use this to top the souffles.
    Bake for approx 15mins or until the souffles are puffy and the tops are golden and bubbly – you’re ready to serve.

If dividing by 6 the calories are approx 330 and carbs approx 13g – but if you are religiously counting and recording, I’d advise doing your own calculations, as different cheese have different cal/carb content.
    I realise that these values will be off the scale for some people, but for those in maintenance allowing a little more latitude, it’s perhaps a permissible mindful transgression.

Finally, love the quote re: not being able to affect what has been, but having the power to affect what is to come – it’s certainly something we all need to hold on to and live by day to day. Maybe the quote can be adapted for a threat title to greet the new year and carry us forward into 2019?

• posted by Verano
    on

SunnyB I had thought of …… ‘ let’s change ‘ the ending’ in 2019: 1 Week at a time!’ Not sure if that will be popular. I still like one week at a time together with other challenges.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Yes, I like that idea, Verano – and like you, I like the ‘one week at a time’ element of these challenges – if I remember rightly, it was you that kicked off these weekly challenges originally. And I believe it really helps to break what can feel daunting, into bite size manageable chunks, so if we struggle one week, we feel we have a fresh start with the next week. Let’s hope others will like the title idea too.

• posted by alliecat
    on

Of course I like the title, ladies! I’m as enthusiastic as you both are about keeping things in check, one
    week at a time. Definitely one of Verano’s inspirations, Sunny, and I will be one of the first to sign on
    to keep you company 🙂 Undoubtedly, there will be an influx of new members in Jan. , and I agree that
    this is the perfect place for them to start. I have a difficult time keeping up with all the newbie threads,
    so it is easier to share the same information and tips when they all can be found in one place. I think
    the outcomes getting through the first two weeks are improved too, but that may be just my opinion
    on the matter. It reminds me of the concept of a multi generational family, i.e., children, young adults
    and elders (in terms of BSD experience) looking after each other, and I think it helps us all.

Sunny, you are an angel for converting the souffle ingredients for we Americans. Thank you so much!
    I’m off to print out your recipe for use on New Year’s day, so I don’t forget where to find it. The pre-
    baking idea is fantastic, and I’m so looking forward to trying it. I’ve got 2 different sizes of individual
    souffle ramekins, so I’m ready for the creative “maiden voyage”. It’s been ages since I used them, so
    after a quick trip through the dishwasher, they are set to go. For those of us maintainers who can allow
    ourselves a little more latitude with the carbs on occasion, this sounds like a perfect, elegant and
    festive addition to the menu. Now, if I only had the red dress to serve them in 🙂 Maybe 1930’s style
    silk lounging pajamas instead?

• posted by Californiagirl
    on

SunnyB, thank you so much for this recipe! I think it will be perfect for a holiday dinner with my pescatarian/vegetarian son and DIL! I struggle sometimes with recipes for them and for me, I actually like a bit of meat but of course that is not acceptable. Last time I saw them, we ate so much pasta, I just felt sick. I didn’t want to “impose” my diet on them but honestly, they sort of imposed their diet on me and I was very carbed-out by the time they headed home.
    I resolved that we would find a “third way” when we next got together. I’m excited to try these yummy souffles!!

• posted by wendleg
    on

I will be coming along with you whatever the title of the thread, ladies !!
    Have a good day xx

• posted by caronl
    on

Starting the day with this thread is like a huge cyberhug. Love the recipes for cauli mash and the souffles – thank you Verano and SunnyB – will definitely use them either at Christmas or New Year. And I entirely agree with continuing the weekly thread idea. Let’s keep putting a 2019 in the title, and “bumping” it each day, in the hope that newbies will be drawn to it first. Like others, I sometimes find the number of threads confusing! Today I am back in the 72s, and still aiming for the 71s by this time next week. Have a good day everyone.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Glad the souffle recipe will be making an appearance on other tables this festive season.

Just love the idea of silky lounge PJ’s, Allie – very Noel Coward leading lady! I imagine them with a flowing oriental print, shawl collar and bell sleeves.

Think between us all we can keep the new year challenge thread at the top of the threads list. I’m sure there will be a few of us on need of a post festive season boost.

Meanwhile, we need to keep focused on staying in control during this crazy run-up period. Keep going, one and all!

• posted by Verano
    on

Coincidentally January 1st falls on a Tuesday which has traditionally been weigh-in day for many of us. So it will be a really good day to start the 2019 weekly challenge. The four weekly/ monthly challenges also seem to have been lost in the ether and I always thought they ran nicely side by side. Volunteers?

• posted by Butterlover
    on

Hi Everyone.Im on for weekly challengers next year.Im having a good day today lost 0.4 kg yesterday. Ive made turkey gravy using jamie olivers recipe and its on the freezer.cleaned the living room and the tree is up.turkey and ham is in the fridge
    Im starting to feel some christmas spirit.I hope everyone is doing well and not stressing too much.Count your blessings and be kind to yourself.

• posted by wendleg
    on

Verano , I don’t mind hosting a 4 week/monthly challenge if noone else volunteers !

• posted by ewe2lambs
    on

Oooooh its so nice to hear about the festive preparations. I’m game for the 1 January – not sure what it is but I’m game to continue to achieve my goals.

SO …. my preparations were decanting and filtering my Damson Gin (ok ok I know its not very BSD) my excuse is that we (my mum and I) started the damsons off in August and I couldn’t waste it, however … I’ve collected up some nice little glass bottles and am going to give them as gifts when we are invited out. Major cleaning operations this saturday in preparations for the yule tree, Sunday going to go out to pick some ivy, holly and mistletoe to decorate the flat – its turned into a wee bit of a tradition for us since being in france.

Thank you for the idea of eating before going out, such a sensible thing to do, which will make life so much simpler.

Two years ago my Father and then my favourite uncle died both within less than 3 weeks of each other, I have had my ups and downs regarding their deaths, its still exceptionally hard, but neither of them would have liked me (or the family for that matter) to gieve them with tears, so the kids and I are going to do watercolour yule cards (dad was a watercolour artist) and have my uncle’s chicken liver paté which he always made when he came down from Cromdale to join us, I want to celebrate their lives and toast them with a wee whisky. Thanks to you guys for being so positive and kind I feel that I am ready this year to not wallow in sadness but celebrate with love.

• posted by Verano
    on

Wendy it would be lovely if you carried on. You have been a great host for this thread.

• posted by Violinist
    on

I am coming too!!

• posted by alliecat
    on

My lovely friends, I’m completely in synch with all of you, and ready to host any thread that you would
    like me to. I’ve done 4 wks, and multiple 1 week ones as well. I’m an avid believer in synthesizing our
    endeavors in either format, so just tell me what you would like me to do, and I will happily do it. Beautiful
    that so many others will be along for the ride 🙂 Can’t believe it, just 2 weeks away until we welcome in
    2019!

Ewe2lambs, what an uplifting positive to imagine you decorating your flat 🙂 I lost my cherished
    Mother at this time 3 years ago, and I’m not completely over the mourning period, either. I’m feeling
    more joyful this year however, and as you say, she would want me to feel this way! Wishing you a
    holiday filled with joy and love,

Allie

• posted by GangreneHeart
    on

I’m stressed and busy – this week has been hectic. I’ve been reading everyone’s posts. Hugs and high five to all. Next time I’d like to reply in more detail. Today’s weight : 165.8

• posted by Violinist
    on

Good evening folks!
    I also have been busy decorating! I have my child hood nativity staple and we have put up our tree with colored lights. My mom is norwegian and gave me a norwegian angel and we have small deocrations all over.

My menus and groceries are all bought and posted for next week at low carb and low cal. I am so ready!

Thanks so much for all of your support and postings.

• posted by wendleg
    on

Morning everyone !
    Just a quickie.I ws too tired to post last night but report meetings are done.Just parents evening next Tuesday.
    Allie we can do a duo act on the new thread : ‘Little and Large’ ( Uk comedy act ) 🙂 🙂
    For all those missing loved ones at ths time of year : a massive hug to you all . We are always here to support you.
    You have found special ways to remember your Dad and uncle, Ewey. Your Mother would be so proud of you Allie xx

Hope things calm down for you Amz. You must be worn out. Take care . Brilliant weight loss . You are rocking this.
    All the best to everyone whether you are feeling stressed or organised. Don’t put too much pressure on yourselves, folks .Delegate !!
    back later xx

• posted by alliecat
    on

So sweet, Wendy! Thank you 🙂 While I’m delighted to be part of a duo comedy act, I’m recommending
    a different name…Instead of “Little and Large”, a more accurate name would be “Little and Shrinking Fast”.
    You are very much in need of a few articles of clothing for the “interim stage”, as you are now swimming
    in your dresses! Don’t acquire too many, though, for I see lots of changes afoot for 2019. You will amaze
    yourself, and I will be silently cheering from the sidelines, having known all along that you can and will
    “Do It” 🙂 🙂 🙂

• posted by KazzUK
    on

I’m with you all too!
    I shall be setting up a new Road Trip to Easter on 1st Jan to run with the One week at a Time thread.
    Thank you for the souffle recipe, Sunny – I think I might actually give that a go! Need to get someone over to be a guinea pig though!
    Ewey – love the way you are celebrating your dear dad and uncle’s life.
    Amz – you’re doing great, don’t forget to breathe! 🙂
    xxxx

on

Hello. Still busy, busy. Today’s weight was 166.8- I was expecting a slight increase because I didn’t get enough water yesterday and the soup I made for dinner was sodium heavy.
    Today I’m back on track with food and water choices…. I have a religious assembly tomorrow so for convenience, I plan to fast from today after dinner until tomorrow’s dinner. It’s just easier than trying to pack a lunch. Tomorrow is also the first time I’ll be eating out since I started BSD so I’m a bit anxious. But I’m keeping in mind the awesome feeling of seeing 165 on the scale to help me make good choices.
    Next week, I am planning to begin weight lifting again…. I feel like I’ve gotten weaker and I want to start toning my body now that I’m comfortable with the diet changes.
    Have a great day and weekend everyone! Next week will be normal so more detailed replies will be possible again. Just know I’m rooting for you all!

• posted by wendleg
    on

Morning Amz !
    You are rapidly shrinking too ! Well done !
    Good luck with the 24 hour fast. I am sure you will be fine. You are showing great strength and detemination . Will there be food at your event ?

Have a great weekend !

• posted by wendleg
    on

Morning everyone !
    I am showing another half a kilo loss today . Slow and steady seems to be the way but I am inching my way towards 13 stone. It will be sometime in January probably which is a lovely thougt. You all know my feelings about January !!

Hope you are all happy and not suffering unnecessary stresses. Be kind to to yourselves. If you have loving , caring people around you at this time of year they won’t care if everything is not “perfect” .You are not solely responsible for the festivities being a success or not. Share out the responsibilities . The posts seem to reveal most people are feeling happy with their préparations . Lots of recipe ideas to inspire us too .

Stay focused . Keep making the right choices and keep your eye on the goals, lovely people.

Have a great weekend whatever you are doing ! One more Week at work to do !

• posted by Violinist
    on

Good Florida morning everyone!
    I weigh daily, always have.
    I also weigh with my clothes on because my clothes are basically the same every day all year – shorts and a t shirt.
    The big deal is this week I have weighed 169 for several days. I am thrilled!! I am right behind you AMZ!

• posted by Violinist
    on

Kazz, I will also join you for the road to Easter!

• posted by wendleg
    on

Stop it Vionilist !! Wearing shorts and a Tshirt ALL YEAR ROUND !!! Sigh …………..that Florida climate sounds heavenly right now. Blimey I cannot remember when I looked even remotely presentable in a pair of shorts !! I will put that on my goals list for 2019 !!

Well done on your magic 169 !! I am quite a way behind you and Amz but I will get there .

So happy that our BSD ‘family’ will be together on Kazz’s thread to Easter !

• posted by Violinist
    on

Sorry, Wendleg, it’s true that we have warm weather all year. Thanks for sharing the joy! I am guessing Californiagirl also has year round warm weather.

Morning Allie!

• posted by wendleg
    on

How is everyone doing as we approach the run up to Christmas ? I had a rare indulgent meal with friends today which included quail (rice eek !) and veg, cheese and the roasted almond and cashew nut cream ‘cheesecake’ I took :

https://www.cocooncooks.com/blog-en/almond-caramel-cheesecake?utm_content=buffer77384
    Not my usual fare but I will limit any damage over the Week.
    I am looking forward to the break but I will be checking in regularly.I need my daily fix of BSD forum friendship !

Good luck to all those with parties and other célébrations to navigate this Week.
    Keep posting

Eclectic ! Thinking of you . How are you doing ?

on

Thanks Wendleg! Yay for your loss. Slow and steady is the way. I appreciate your positive attitude. Your words often spur me on.
    Yesterday went great. There’s a lunch break and everyone packs their own food, but it was just easier for me to put something together for my daughter and fast myself. The assembly ended at about 4:30. My group of friends decided on a chain seafood restaurant that mostly had fried options. Ugh! Between travel and wait time for a large enough table for everyone, I ended up breaking fast about 7ish. There was some teasing about my most choice of grilled chicken breast and a small side salad amidst the table of overflowing fried food platters, but nothing man spirited.
    What was the most awesome was that everyone kept saying how great I looked and noticing my weight loss. It’s been a year or more since I had seen most of them and I’m down thirty or more pounds so I was very pleased.

Today I weighed in at 164.4. Tomorrow I’m starting an eight week fitness blender program called FB FIT. It is
    supposed to be great for weight loss and toning. It’s just a daily workout video, often less than a hour. I really like strength training so I’m looking forward to getting back into regular workouts.
    Violinist, Yay for you too. Let’s keep going together. I’m a daily weigher as well, but I prefer to do it naked since I’m all bundled up against the cold.
    Hope everyone is doing well!

on

Hmmm… My post disappeared after I submitted it. Weird.well here is again.sorry if it ends up being duplicate posts.

Thanks Wendleg! Yay for your loss. Slow and steady is the way. I appreciate your positive attitude. Your words often spur me on.
    Yesterday went great. There’s a lunch break and everyone packs their own food, but it was just easier for me to put something together for my daughter and fast myself. The assembly ended at about 4:30. My group of friends decided on a chain seafood restaurant that mostly had fried options. Ugh! Between travel and wait time for a large enough table for everyone, I ended up breaking fast about 7ish. There was some teasing about my most choice of grilled chicken breast and a small side salad amidst the table of overflowing fried food platters, but nothing man spirited.
    What was the most awesome was that everyone kept saying how great I looked and noticing my weight loss. It’s been a year or more since I had seen most of them and I’m down thirty or more pounds so I was very pleased.

Today I weighed in at 164.4. Tomorrow I’m starting an eight week fitness blender program called FB FIT. It is
    supposed to be great for weight loss and toning. It’s just a daily workout video, often less than a hour. I really like strength training so I’m looking forward to getting back into regular workouts.
    Violinist, Yay for you too. Let’s keep going together. I’m a daily weigher as well, but I prefer to do it naked since I’m all bundled up against the cold.
    Hope everyone is doing well!

• posted by wendleg
    on

Well done Amz ! You got through the day and managed brilliantly with your fast and food choices ! You are shrinking daily !

Good luck with your fitness training . You have shown great determination so far and I am sure you will be successful with your new training programme.

All the best to you and the rest of the BSD family !

on

Heading out for a field trip, but just wanted to check in. 163.6!I’m going to start shopping around for the new Bluetooth headphone I promised myself if I got to 160 since I hope to reach that target soon.
    Thanks for all of your loving support!! <3

• posted by wendleg
    on

Crikey Amz your weight loss is unstoppable ! Well done you !

I am glad to hear that you have decided to treat yourself ! You definitely deserve it . The Bluetooth headphone ( not sure what that does but not to worry 😉 will soon be yours !!

• posted by ewe2lambs
    on

GangreneHeart – OMG you are doing SO well I’m really impressed, yeah for bluetooth and your next goal of 160 – I’m sure you’ll be there in no time at all.

I think unlike some of you I really quite enjoy a nice cold snap, makes me remember that the world keeps going on and the seasons come and go, Winter Solstice on Friday night is such a special time of the year, I just love it, festival of lights and celebrating that the days start getting longer again, spring is on its way and I just love it.

So …. I’m back – had a bit of a wobble on Saturday night, well I think I completely lost balance and fell into a bit of a hole, so annoying as Friday I kept it all together and I was so chuffed with myself, we had so much fun but WAY too much to drink and I started off really with such resolve and then I went downhill at a sprinting pace, you know how you run down a sand dune and you go so fast you fall over well that’s how I would describe Saturday night (although I did manage to stay upright LOL) – really Sunday was not a good day, anyway serves me right, and has also made me realise although I think it’s fun at the time, we’re dancing and singing and drinking (not really counting or paying the slightest bit of attention and then really the next day is seriously not fun (I have to remember I’m no longer a 20 something slip of a thing and life takes its tolls) and I’m promising myself I’ll never do that again, I guess we all have to learn our lessons (sometimes a lot more than once). I did keep to the no carbs though LOL but I’m guessing I had enough calories for a whole week, ha ha ha. However, unlike previous attempts at dieting I am back on course today, walked 9km and am back at the 800 again. Honestly I don’t know how you guys keep it together at times I’m so impressed with your resolve which is inspiring, feel like I’ve let you guys down a bit, but its only me I’ve let down in reality.

I did weigh in with a 200g gain (to be expected and it may be more tomorrow considering Saturday night) but am at 71.8kg, I’m hoping to reach 70kg soon promising myself no more wobbles during the next wee while.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

G/Heart – keep going girl!!! Those headphones will soon be yours!

Ewe2 – 200g gain is nothing to worry about and I know that now you are back on track, that will melt away really quickly. You are only human – just like the rest of us – so there will be slips and trips along the way. Forgive yourself and move on and that 70kg will soon be realised.

I’m doing okay. The w/e didn’t present any major challenges and I manage to keep good control, so am currently 1lb under goal weight. Want more wriggle room, but as I;m not actively counting cals or carbs it will be what it will be. Tonight is trout pan fried in butter with almond flakes and capers, with veggies, so nothing to worry about there.

• posted by EclecticRajistani
    on

😬🙈 have been away busy with children’s 🎄 concerts, plays etc. I’ve not been good on the food front to be honest but I keep climbing on!
    There’s been a few stresses I’m what you call in the sandwich generation, young families and elderly parents well my husbands not mine. But I do my fair bit it’s just a tough gig at times. I’ve not lost anything but today I woke up renewed to make this a better week. Apologies for the domestic drudgery woes but I know I’m in a room full of strong inspiring women. On that note fab to hear how well your doing and coping. Well done all sorry I can’t comment on all at present. Time for bed.
    Wendy sorry to hear what’s going on in France. I’m due to go in January for a weekend away.

Whilst I’ve not had the time to check in till now you all have been in my thoughts in terms of I know that they would be saying this right now to keep me on course and on the whole it’s worked. So I start anew. Californiagirl your words really landed on me tonight. Beautiful atmospheric scene you painted with your words 😘

• posted by Californiagirl
    on

Oh I’m glad it resonates with you eclectic Rajasthani!
    For some reason the solstice always feels so mystical to me. I love the feeling that the world is dormant (in our hemisphere) and resting.
    It makes me think of all the BSD’rs — what is dormant in our lives right now that is being awakened with our changing actions?

I found a prayer that gently fits this quiet time:

The longest night has come once more,
    the sun has set, and darkness fallen.
    The trees are bare, the earth asleep,
    and the skies are cold and black.
    Yet tonight we rejoice, in this longest night,
    embracing the darkness that enfolds us.
    We welcome the night and all that it holds,
    as the light of the stars shines down.

The longest night of our year is the night before the solstice — a wonderful time to acknowledge the darkness and the seeds of light within.

• posted by Violinist
    on

Californiagirl, love the poem. Made me say “ahhhh”. And love the snow in the mountains with only lights on the tree.

• posted by Violinist
    on

Electic, I understand your stresses and feel for you. One day at a time, my friend.

on

Eclectic, here’s a virtual hug to send your way.
    Cheers to everyone for making good choices.
    174.4 this morning, slight gain. I know I didn’t get my water in yesterday and the soy sauce /ginger /Wasabi mix from last night’s dinner was very sodium heavy. Didn’t work out yesterday as I planned. I just kept pushing it back and back until I found myself late at night and tired. Today, I’m going to do things differently. Already got my workout clothes together so I’m going to make time in the early afternoon to exercise. I have a little leeway as I want to finish the program by February 20, and starting that, the eight words would end February 8th. So I really want to push myself to include the scheduled videos daily and do my best.

• posted by wendleg
    on

Hi everyone !
    I have been catching up on the threads.
    Well done for getting back on track Ewey That sounds like some celebration you had ! You haven’t let anyone down …you are still with us .

How are you SunnyB ? I would love to be so close to goal weight ! Well done for keeping everything under control .

Eclectic : I thought you were bound to be busy at this time of year .You have got a lot on your plate there. Come here for a rant anytime you need to ! You are coping well with the stresses . You can only do so much !You will be ready for that break in January ! Which part of France are you visiting ?

Beautiful words Californiagirl ! I love the caring sensitivity which pervades this forum.

Violinist ! I bet you are enjoying some beautiiful weather there 😉 Fairly mild here .

Stay focused and try to resist the stresses folks . Come on here before succumbing to a pie !!!

Thinking of you all

Wendy xx

on

163.4 this morning. Woke up with a high fever and flu symptoms…. Sometimes I am really frustrated by my immune system. This working out well have to wait a few days. u.u*

• posted by wendleg
    on

Yes listen to your body and rest Amz. Look after yourself xx

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Sorry you are struggling health-wise today G/Heart – an extra frustration at an already busy time of year. I too have been fighting off something – just a cold I think. My preferred attack consists of high dose Vit C, echinacea and zinc, which definitely seems to help. I seem to be keeping whatever it is at bay, at present.

Be gentle with yourself and give you body time to heal. G/Heart. If you struggle to stick rigidly to the 800 BSD, allow yourself a little lea way and then get back to it proper, once you are fit and well again.

I’m doing okay thanks Wendy. Managing to stay a little below target, but increasing the wriggle room is proving illusive. I guess I’m not in the right headspace right now, with everything else that is going on. Still, I’m content to be where I am and I’m looking forward to digging in and making a difference come the new year.

Meanwhile, it’s great to read so many brave souls are managing to press ahead and make progress pre-festive season – all power to you!

• posted by wendleg
    on

Lots of love to those of you who are struggling with flu, colds etc. Hope you are feeling better soon Amz and SunnyB.

I am in survival mode with one day left to do at school.

A lot of stresses and pressures sneak in at this time of year . Lots of balls to juggle but if you drop a few, so what ..be kind to yourselves.
    Check in when you can xx

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Wendy – thanks for the good wishes. I’ve actually managed to fight off the threatened cold and am feeling fine. You are right, the craziness of this time of year can easily get the upper hand, but I’m just about managing to keep a handle on things. Hope your final day at school was a good one and that you can now relax for the Christmas period.

Not sure how often I will get to check in over the coming days – especially once the house guests have arrived on Sunday – but I will certainly drop in from time to time.

Will definitely be here in the new year though and up for the challenge of correcting any damage done over the festive period, as I hope many others will be too. Meanwhile, if you decide to transgress whilst celebrating, try to do so mindfully and instantly forgive yourself for being human – we’ll tackle any fall-out together in 2019.

Best wishes to everyone for a wonderful festive season – enjoy!

• posted by wendleg
    on

That’s a great post SunnyB. Glad you are feeling better.

I am officially on holiday for 2 weeks and that feels good ! Not rushing around anywhere. Just relaxing, recharging and enjoying simple pleasures.
    Yes, check in when you can and there will undoubtedly be a new thread ready in place for the New year to keep us all focused.

Hope the préparations are all coming along and noone is feeling frantic
    Are you feeling better Amz ? Don’t stay away too long Eclectic !

• posted by wendleg
    on

I am so chuffed !! (made up/elated/ecstatic )

I lost a tiny pound/half kilo this Week which I am happy with. It’s fairly slow and steady following my initial 8 weeks
    BUT ….
    My parcel of new dresses and tunics arrived this morning .I ordered from the online sales : boden uk and whitestuff and …wait for it

EVERYTHING FITS !!!

Bear in mind that I have been wearing Uk sizes 22/20 and rarely 18 but I decided to dare to order 16s and 14s
    I believe I am now a size 16 !!!!!!!!!!!! Whoop Whoop ! I am a more ‘standard size ‘ now after being at te top of the sizing on those two sites.

Now I realise that whitestuff can be generous in its sizing so I have previously gone for size 18 although being close to a 20.. I dared to order size 14 and the tunic is fine !!!

I feel like I could leap on my exercise bike and pedal furiously for 5 km to celebrate 😉
    It’s such a good feeling and yesterday for the first time one of the teachers at school mentioned I had lost weight so my efforts are paying off . I am looking forward to wearing my new togs in the New Year .

I don’t plan on stopping anytime soon !
    I hope everyone is coping at this time of year. Come and let us know how you are getting on . Always here to support you all

• posted by alliecat
    on

Oh Wendy, I’m over the moon for you! I’m executing one of my virtual cartwheels for you as soon as I complete
    this post 🙂 I know that feeling of opening a shipping carton, momentary concerns that it “won’t fit”, and then it
    DOES!!! The compliments will be coming fast and furious now, and I want you to enjoy every moment of this
    new pleasure…you earned it! My reaction to this experience has always been joy and laughter. Sometimes I can’t believe
    it, still. Do you remember the last time you were in a 14? The sky’s the limit for you in 2019! Hooray 🙂 🙂 🙂

Please log in or register to post a reply.