Come on everyone let's do this together ! Festive Focus ….Nov 26th and onwards

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by GangreneHeart
    on

171.6 this morning. Hoping to fit in a walk/jog this afternoon after I finish homeschooling. I keep thinking once I get into the 160s, I never want to let myself creep back into the higher weights.
    Yesterday, I ended up with omad at only about 550 calories. Tomorrow is grocery day so I have to make sure with what I have on hand today. Going well so far. Three cheers goes all those who stuck to it this week so far. Have a wonderful day.
    Amz

• posted by wendleg
    on

Just an early morning check in. I have survived the week. Meetings done.Two more left next week. Time is speeding by.
    How are you all ? if anyone is feeling a bit jaded or fraught with the run up to Christmas check out WoodDuckie’s post on the Positives Thread and I guarantee you will have a smile on your face !
    I will be back later.
    Come and say Hi and tell me how you are all doing !

• posted by KazzUK
    on

Hi Wendy and all! I’m just glad it’s Friday! 🙂 Friday weigh in for me and I’ve stayed the same. Just all the more determined.
    I have to agree with you, WoodDuckie adds wings to my feet when I read her posts! 🙂
    Kxxx

on

Hello. This morning I was 169.4! I weighed myself twice because I didn’t believe it! Yay!!! That really put a smile on my face. Need to do so and grocery shopping today,but I also was thinking of fitting in a workout during the evening. How everyone is well!

• posted by alliecat
    on

HaHaa, Amz! I think your body is getting the message that you’re in charge, now 🙂 Doesn’t it feel great?
    Have a wonderful weekend!

• posted by Violinist
    on

Gheart, nice going!!!

• posted by wendleg
    on

I know the feeling Kazz. Feeling a bit weary here too after a heavy week . Keep going. You got rid of the 5lbs gain and you will soon be losing again . Well done for resisting the work mince pies.

Well done Amz ! That’s great progress !

Wishing everyone a great weekend xx

• posted by Verano
    on

Good morning. Well after four days I have had very little cheese, a few snacks of nuts but all weighed, no crispbreads. So even though my weight is not moving down I do feel that I have some degree of control back. Day 5 …..
    Hope everyone has a good weekend.

• posted by Violinist
    on

Morning Verano, nice going! Good start on your day!

• posted by wendleg
    on

That’s brilliant Verano ! I do believe control and freedom from cravings and addiction are to be achieved once we have the right mind set and it sounds like that is exactly what is happening with you . The weight loss will begin.

I survived today’s aperitif .In fact it was more of a Brits Brunch ! No buffet table but trays of bacon and sausage butties were passed round and they were easy to dodge.There was also a fruit platter with clémentines, grapes and pineapple which were all safely by passed and I didn’ t have a plate to hoard. I had 2 glasses of Perrier and a black coffee. I accepted a small square of Christmas cake and I enjoyed that. It will be the only opportunity to eat British Christmas fare and it didn’t lead to any carbage binges so all is well 🙂

I am down a kilo from last Week taking me to 13 stone 7 so I am getting there. More than 2 stone down since the beginning of September and my dresses are getting baggy 🙂 A couple of people did comment today that I had lost weight which was nice. It’s funny that when someone else said I was ‘looking well’ I interpret that as meaning ‘ You look bonny and well fed ‘ !!
    Perhaps I should just take the compliment !!

How are you doing Violinist ? Cathy ?

• posted by Butterlover
    on

Hi Everyone.Well done to those of you who are making good progress. I have been off plan for a couple of days.I had a very busy few days at work and not much sleep so I ate any thing and everything just to keep going .I had been doing well but now Im back to the start.Ive finished work now so Im confident that I will be Ok Im off to Bali for a few days before Christmas.Im really motivated to get plenty of exercise and eat well.I hope everyone is on plan.I must say the lack of sleep and water was definitely my downfall.So I hope everyone is getting plenty of rest even though its the silly season.Best Wishes to All

• posted by wendleg
    on

You are in a better place now Butterlover. I hope you have caught up on sleep . You know the danger times now so you can be ready next time. We are all learning !
    I have nuts in my desk drawer for emergencies .

Bali sounds fab and very exotic as I look out at a pretty grey day here in SW France. Enjoy your well earned break .

Come back and tell us how you are doing !

on

I read through the posts this morning as I cared for my sick baby. Hurray for those who successfully stuck to BSD. There there for those who found it tough. Hugs for all!
    Today I was 169. I told my husband yesterday that I was out of the 170s. He said if I was still 169 a week from now, he would get me a reward. I smiled, but in my head I hoped I’d be even less a week from now. Just one mask at a time, with the focus on doing my best… I am starting to believe I’ll succeed. I look forward to hearing from all of you.

• posted by Alice098
    on

I just started fast 800. I’d like a diet buddy, is anyone interested? I’m 27 year old female, now weighing in at 165 lbs (went down from 190) 5’3”. Someone to text about the diet and food and not eat by distracting myself with this.

• posted by alliecat
    on

Welcome, Alice 098! Everyone on this thread is a “diet buddy”, regardless of how far down the road we might
    be. There are newcomers here, as well as some of us who define ourselves as experienced BSDers. This
    is a gentle and caring community, and you will find much knowledge and experience here. Share your
    goals and experiences, and help is never farther than a post away. Wishing you every success on your
    journey,

Allie

on

Hello. Hope everyone had a good evening.
    Just noticed a typo in my last post…. I meant one meal at a time…
    Just did a walking video on YouTube… Only made 2/5 miles (30 out of 70 minutes), but it was enjoyable. Harder than I thought, but I might make it a regular routine until the season changes.
    Welcome, Alice! I’m relatively new… But I’m 33, I weigh 169 (highest was 240 in 2012, I was about 200 in June, and 185 when I started BSD in September). My ultimate goal is 125, but I’m focusing on reaching 150 by February right now.
    I was also looking for a accountability buddy when I found this site. I tried to recruit friends and family and fellow users of various weight loss apps, but no one really followed through. It was really hard going it alone. I know weight loss is a journey you must go on yourself as it is your body, your habits, your effort that determines the outcome, but it had been really nice communicating on this forum. People share my feelings and frustrations, offer advice and encouragement- it has really made a difference in my confidence and daily focus. I hope you find the same help here!

• posted by wendleg
    on

Hi everyone !
    Sorry I have been neglecting you all today.Busy with child minding and various activities etc etc but I have just caught up reading your posts.

Amz I hope your baby is better.Always a worry . You are really doing well ! You are starting to believe you can do it and you really don’t need ‘rewards’ from anyone but yourself !! Treat yourself to Something Nice. You deserve it . You are doing this for you, your health and well being ( It won’t work if you are doing it as a result of external pressure !!) As you rightly say it is your effort that determines the outcome and you have got this !

Well done on the Walking ! Keep going girl !

Alice098. Allie talks a lot of sense and her experience is invaluable. All the very best to you

Tomorrow is the 10th December peeps ! Let’s keep focused …on our health goals. Christmas does not have to be a fraught, fearful foody time . We can make the right choices and move closer to being where we want to be in 2019. I am with you !!

All the best to everyone…newbies, regulars . I am sure you are all busy busy . Check in when you can xx

on

Today’s check-in : 168 lbs. Yay. In the middle of playing nurse and surviving winter storm so more details later. <3

• posted by KitArgyll27
    on

Hello everyone! Feels a bit weird jumping in like this but I guess it’s the only way really! I can’t decide if I’m mad to start this right before Christmas or not, but have a feeling that if I wait until after the whole festive season I’ll be even more unfit and overweight and so may as well jump in and get on with it.

I’m five days in and so far so good. I said in another thread – no scales here so no clue as to how I’ve done really beyond the fact that I’ve pretty much stuck to it – give or take about 50-80 calories up or down from the 800. I’m one of those people who tends to do things all-in or not at all and I know from experience that I can get totally obsessed and very unhappy if I’m not careful. It’s important to me that I get healthier but I don’t want this to become an all consuming thing that takes over my life and affects my mental health in a bad way. With that in mind, I’m probably going to stick to the 800 cals between now and Christmas, but not worry about it so much for Xmas Eve, Xmas Day and Boxing Day (cals that is…carbs I’ll be stricter on) and then continue as before. There was a time when I’d have been so worried about not doing it 100% over the festive season that I’d have made myself and everyone else miserable – or jacked the whole thing in completely. Trying to plan so that I avoid either scenario.

I’m actually finding the lack of carbs pretty easy – for me. I don’t have a particularly sweet tooth and I’m quite happy without cakes/sweets/biscuits. It’s the potatoes/pastas/rice that I’m going to have the most difficulty with. But I think if I can concentrate on enjoying some salmon, cheese and interesting salads and vegetables I’ll probably manage pretty well!

Good luck everyone!

• posted by Californiagirl
    on

Welcome to the new posters, Kit and Alice! You are smart and brave to start the BSD during the run-up to Christmas — while everyone else is eating poorly, you will be eating well and come the new year in 2019 you will be happy and bright, not depressed, fatter and gloomy.
    Don’t stress about one or two moments of mince pie or a glass of bubbly — just try to limit them to only a small amount, enjoy them COMPLETELY and get right back on the BSD the very next day. The damage will be minimal and you will be taking away valuable lessons about how to manage real life on the BSD and more importantly, how your body is feeling after sugar and alcohol.
    I believe you will find that not only are your taste buds changing but your ENTIRE body is starting to appreciate the low-sugar low-carb food you are giving it!
    I think the only way to discover this for yourself is by trial and ERROR, so don’t fall into the trap of black and white thinking that “just because you blew it” means you have to keep on that awful path.
    Research has found that black and white thinking is a common problem for overweight folk – it’s an “all or nothing” mindset that gets us off-track.
    If anything Christmasy starts to derail you, just simply…start again the very next day. No panic, no worry — calm brain, calm focus — you know what to do.

• posted by wendleg
    on

That’s very good advice Julia ( Californiagirl) I would like us all to be feeling brighter and lighter in January 2019 rather than despondent at the damage incurred over the festive season . You have made the right decision Kit and Alice. Why postpone your healthy eating objectives ? This way of eating will work for you but it does take determination and commitment. It will be woth it and in time the carbs will not be as appealing.

Maybe find a pretty notebook to log your food as you start out ?
    I find helps to track things in the early days and keeps you on track in case of wobbly Christmas moments .

Have a good Week everyone !! xx

• posted by EclecticRajistani
    on

Hi all, welcome Kit and Alice never too late to start anything! And we can help & support you through this as BSD buddies 🤗

Unfortunately a couple of days of alcohol and non BSD food (15 year wedding anniversary and 🎄 do) I’ve put on 2 pounds! But I’ve just got back on the BSD wagon I know with some good days I’ll be back to losing. I agree about the black and white all or nothing can be destructive. As before I would have just given up but this is my third wobble and I I’ve lost more than gained. Good heart congrats on losing and getting into 169 and with a sick child to tend. Hope baby is better now. That’s tough. My eldest was off sick for three days just viral but 4am wake up calls hard work for all. Keep at it! You are so inspiring to have lost all that weight and still losing. I was hoping to be further down the line but you know what I’m gonna keep chipping away!

Wendy you did better than me avoiding non BSD food! And yes to baggy clothes, loss and yes take those compliments! Here’s one congrats and thanks for hosting us!!! 😘
    Hope to check in again soon. It’s been a busy week. Lots of love and good vibes to you all including Allie, Californiagirl, Verano, Caronl, violinist, sunnyB and anyone else I’ve missed. Lurkers too, join in 😉 😘

• posted by alliecat
    on

Eclectic, you are sounding wonderful, and “on point”, and not over stressed. I’m so happy for you! Lots
    of others will be following your lead, too 🙂

• posted by wendleg
    on

Great to see you Eclectic ! I always fret when you haven’t posted for a few days 😉

Don’t you dare give up !! ( hee hee just joking I know you won’t ) Congratulations on your wedding anniversary . That was an occasion to celebrate but you will soon be losing again I am certain. 2019 is going to be your year too !

I understand the worries of looking after poorly children . Glad your little and bigger ones are better now. Well done all you lovely Mums (and Dads ) juggling work demands , organising family activities and meals and maintaining homes !! Not to mention all the Christmas craziness to manage !

I sometimes wonder how I did it but you don’t question it , do you ? You just get on with it ! It’s’ quite nice to have my retired OH looking after me now 😉

Hope all the Christmas préparations are coming along well and you are all feeling calm and serene! Seriously ..I know it’s busy for you all. Check in when you can xx

on

Welcome Kit! Look forward to getting to know you.
    Thanks for the kind words, Eclectic! I’m going to keep marching forward.
    Today I was 167.6. My goal is 160 by the end of the month so I’m hopeful.
    Went to mother-in-law’s house for dinner. She made checken soup…. I did my best to just have the broth but one chunk of potato and some corn / green beans also made their way into my bowl. 😞 but I think the damage will be minimal. She made a big deal about my weight loss…… But she does that every time she sees me…. Even when I know myself that I’ve gained weight. I feel like in being roasted sometimes. She kept trying to guess my weight 120 or 110 lbs, which is no where near my actual weight! When I told her how much I really was, she said I didn’t look it and should stop my diet, which my husband passionately disagreed with. I just let them talk, because I am doing well with my diet right now and I’m trying to get to my own goals so they can just have their opinions. I want to be happy during and after my weight loss journey so I am going to just focus on my desires.

• posted by wendleg
    on

That’s for sure Eclectic .You are adapting your way of eating for yourself and noone else ! Your mother in law should be pleased you are looking after yourself and your health !
    Keep going at your own pace.

have a great day everyone xx

• posted by Verano
    on

Good morning!
    Another week over and I have not lost any weight but I have gained control. Result!

• posted by wendleg
    on

OOPS my message was meant for AMZ (Gheart) not ECLECTIC !!!
    Sorry , not awake !!

That is great Verano ! You are in control and that is a fantastic achievement . I did not doubt your resilience ! Have you cracked the crunchy cravings now ?

• posted by Verano
    on

Hi Wendy I do still need crunch but now it’s ‘mindful’ crunch. No longer eating crisps and biscuits but I am eating the odd crispbread and weighed portions of nuts. So that to me is being in control.
    For anybody undecided about seasonal goodies it might be an idea to read ‘Mindful Coffee and Cake’ in The BSD section above. It’s probably better to have a piece of cake ‘mindfully’ and really enjoy it without guilt, than having cake and then saying …”blow it I might as well eat everything now”!

• posted by ewe2lambs
    on

I must admit, as a normally calm and laid back person, I’m feeling so stressed about the festive season, have a do on Friday night, early yule dinner with my bestie on Saturday and that’s just this weekend. Friday night is a night with the rugby club so I’ll have to bring a my water as they only serve beer (LOL) it’ll be the first time I’ll be going out now that I’m on the BSD800 and I am putting so much pressure on myself that I cannot allow myself to make any mistakes, otherwise there is completely the risk that I give up completely and that means medication, arghh, I know that it doesn’t help, but is everyone feeling cool calm and collected about all the parties coming up, it must be said that I am more partial to a glass of bubbly than a handful of crisps.

• posted by KazzUK
    on

GHeart/Amz – you are doing REALLY REALLY well! I’m a bit behind with all threads so apologies for not having read all of your posts but I remember when you first joined and what you wrote. You have really turned things around despite difficulties with family support on occasions! You’re getting tough and resolute, Amz! Love it! 🙂
    Welcome to Alice and Kit – plenty of support here!

• posted by Butterlover
    on

Hi Everyone.Im struggling along.I had a couple of unexpected eating events so still not completely back on track. Last year I gave up the plan for a couple of weeks and never really got back to it.So this year its one meal at a time.If I have a function Ill miss a meal before and try to be fluids only the next day.I want to enjoy the best food in a mindful way , the problem is the smell of hot chips and KfC sometimes gets the better of me.Also my family eats a lot of asian food and its hard to be low carb in asian restaurants.Ive prepared my christmas lunch.Turkey and Ham.with caesar salad.potato salad and rocket and beetroot salad.seafood for starters and panna cotta with strawberries. Frash fruit and icecream.
    .its a lot of food. I can stay off the white stuff. And most of the deserts.I will have a glass of wine.I intend to send any left overs home with the guests.Im alllowing a 0.5kg increase for the christmas week.then back on track.Im hopi g a lot of planning is the key to success
    Stay positive everyone

• posted by alliecat
    on

Holiday greetings, everyone! I’m really appreciating this thread with “festive focus” in the title…Positivity
    with a plan, it’s definitely in the air, and it should see everyone through to fewer recriminations at the
    start of the new year.

Kit, I’m delighted that you have decided to join us! (this is what I meant by a “lively” thread 🙂 ) Any day
    is a good one to start making healthy changes. This community abounds with all or nothing, black
    and white thinkers, so hopefully you will feel right at home here! Sincere wishes for much success.

Butterlover, you are positioned to begin the New Year in a very good place..”Progress, not perfection”.
    Christmas in a warm climate is hard for me to imagine, as I keep an eye on the forecast for snow
    accumulation! Your warm weather menu sounds lovely. I love hearing about the holiday food culture
    in different countries, and family traditions. I’m thinking in terms of not preparing a full dinner, since
    it will only be my husband and me this year. I’m doing scrambled eggs with smoked salmon and a bit
    of cream cheese and fresh dillweed, and some cooked greens for brunch, and then Verano’s excellent
    cauliflower and roasted red pepper soup with a salad, for the dinner hour. In America, college football
    games are a feauture, so it will be an afternoon following this pursuit, fire blazing, and no stress about
    preparing a full course evening meal. If guilt strikes that I’m not making enough of an effort, I may
    prepare a favorite holiday seafood and shellfish stew, which I believe is posted on the “GOOD EATS”
    thread from last Christmas! No desserts, however.. We never give them a thought now, unless I have
    to scramble to put something together if we are expecting guests. There is such liberation in no longer
    thinking that celebrations are all about the food. Creating memories and being fully present in the moment
    means much more to me now.

Keep sharing your strategies and family traditions 🙂 So enjoyable to read!

Allie

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Sounds like everyone is focused and determined to meet the festive season with their BSD heads firmly screwed on. Some excellent advice and ideas being offered too. Ewe2lambs, take it a day or indeed a meal at a time and try to make BSD friendly choices wherever possible. Have a glass of bubbly if you really want one and don’t stress about it. If you’re mindful about your choices, you will minimise any potential damage from increased carbs.

I’m dead on target weight today, which means I have no wriggle room, so hoping to come by some of that before the main festive season kicks in. On track today and hoping to stay that way at least through to Friday. Your festive meal plan sounds interesting Allie. I’m hoping to start the Christmas cooking this week – double baked double cheese souffles for Christmas Day starters and some chocolate fondants as standby desserts. Both these dishes can be frozen, so I want to get ahead of the game.

Stick with it everyone and you’ll survive the festive season just fine.

• posted by alliecat
    on

HaHaa, Sunny! I think you’re “messing with my head” a bit. The cheese souffles that can be made ahead
    and frozen, are speaking to me! Are they in individual portions? Or are you expecting a big gathering at
    home on Christmas Day? Again, I’m very happy for you that youngest daughter and grandson will be
    with you to light up your day. Bring on the sexy red dress 🙂 I see that we both are resting at target, and
    want our wriggle room back! I must be more vigilant about the dreaded “wine creep”. Food is never
    the problem..We certainly know what to do, so I just need to do it! Hmmm, a cheese souffle? Lovely!
    I’m not eating for 4 more hrs, so I need to get that image out of my thoughts for now 🙂

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Hey Allie – yes they will be individual souffles made in ramekins, then tipped out and frozen. When you want them, you defrost, top with a mix of cream and cheese and rebake. Thought I’d make a batch and use as many as needed on the day – don’t think grandson will want one and not sure about daughter’s partner, so will also be providing an antipasto platter.

We should be able to grab back a bit of wriggle room over the next 12 days, as long as we apply ourselves.

on

Daily weigh in – 176.4
    I’ll be back later to catch up on everyone’s posts and comment. Have a happy day!

• posted by wendleg
    on

Back home .Only one more report meeting to do. It’s fantastic to see all the activity on the thread. I really like the idea of ‘mindful eating’ I think that’s what happened at my Brits Brunch the other day. There was nothing for me to eat as I don’ t do bacon and sausage butties and croissants but I did enjoy my square of Christmas cake and I didn’t have the urge to scoff the whole cake !! Thanks for that tip, Verano !

Allie and SunnyB you are absolutely right. Planning is the key. I think we should try not to endow food with so much power. We don’t have to eat everything we are offered. Food will be available again. Trust that you can say no because you want to choose foods that will nourish you not just fill you up . It’s liberating to be strong and not feel ‘controlled’ by food.

Ewey …..what about having something to eat before one of these festive feasts so you are not absolutely starving when you arrive and grab any carbage going ? You can easily dodge any carby pre dinner snacks and crisps saying you don’t want to ‘spoil your meal’ You then don’t have to eat everything on your plate. Bless you, I don’t like the idea of you feeling stressed and under pressure.

It’s important not to feel you have lost control to the extent that you decide you might as well hoover up any last carby crumb going because you will ultimately feel awful and the risk is you will struggle to get back on track. Try to limit the damage by keeping your portions small . Tell your friends your doctor wants you to lose weight etc etc or you will have to start meds. Hopefully they will be sympathetic and noone will force feed you !
    It doesn’t work for everyone but is there an opportunity to have a post feast fasting day to balance things out ?

Keep focused on how you want to feel in January . My life has been peppered with some pretty grim January self récriminations . It’s so destructive and all for the sake of making the right choices for a few days/meals . You can do it Ewey !! Keep planning Butterlover !

This just makes sense to me but I think I have reached a point 3 months down the line where I can resist the temptations of carbs. My cravings are no longer .It really does happen and there are so many delicious alternatives .

We can do this . We are stronger than the buns, chocs, puds, crisps, etc etc !!!! We are going to be feeling fa…bu..lous in January !!

• posted by Jennie10
    on

I don’t normally post on here but just wanted to say what a great post, Wendleg – yes, me too with the self-recriminations in Januarys past – over Christmas I’ll definitely be staying focused on how I want to feel in January.

on

So many people posting! I will try to remember it all — I’m going to have to start taking notes!
    Hi Butterlover! I saw you had returned but I haven’t said hi — I know you say you are “struggling along” but here you are back on the forums, so as Allie says, “progress not perfection”! I hope it is going easier for you. Just stay on course, for better or worse, it will not fail you.
    Allie, you came up with the perfect solution to my Christmas dinner dilemma — my son and daughter in law and adorable granddaughters (Penelope and Eleanor) are all “pescatarian/vegetarians”. I will do a big bouillabaisse with fish and clams and crab and shrimp! We can add some bread for them and salad for us!
    Also, SunnyB, will you please post your twice baked cheese soufflé recipe? That is also perfect for my family — I have a lot of trouble with day to day vegetarian ideas!
    Gangrene heart, AKA Good Heart, you are doing great! I think your MIL should not bring up your weight (especially as it annoys your OH). Can you invite her out for a coffee, just the two of you, and tell her gently to “lay off”? It truly is only YOUR business (not even your OH’s) so having them duke it out is just not fair. I would probably walk out.
    But maybe try the gentle approach first!
    Jennie, good to hear you want to avoid recriminations in the new year — ugh, last year it wS awful, we lost so many!
    And Wendleg, thank you for your continued energy hosting — you sound like carbs are no longer the siren call — so good to hear your changing tastes!
    Aaaagh, this just keeps going, sorry if you have to read this novel —we are enjoying LOTS of early snow at Lake Tahoe, skiing under blue skies. OH and I are going to pick up a Christmas tree this afternoon in preparation of the arrival of the granddaughters.
    This is honestly one of my very favorite times of year —not the Christmas craziness, but the quiet, dark underbelly of the solstice.
    If you have a minute to unplug the “season of lights”, take some time to contemplate the sun dipping lower and lower and the quiet darkness of the solstice, and on December 22, nature will again turn on the lights.

• posted by caronl
    on

Hi all. It is lovely to read all your posts. Wendleg you sound as if you have this nailed. Well done! I am approaching Christmas by joining Allie and SunnyB in getting some wriggle room. And then I shall have a few mindful treats. I’m lucky that the thing I really enjoy is the turkey and lots of veg, so hopeful that will work out alright. My conclusion from last Christmas was that the pudding was not worth the heartburn, I would have been happier with half the wine, and the mince pie was worth the carbs. I shall draw some lessons for this year!

I love the ideas of cheese souffle and the red pepper and cauli soup. Our normal starter is tomatoes stuffed with shredded iceberg, North Sea shrimps (a bit like potted shrimps – really tasty), and lemon mayo. But the souffles might seduce me. So SunnyB we are waiting for you!

Have a good week one and all. And very best wishes to Reducia for a speedy recovery from your fall.

on

To our French friends, I have you and Strasbourg and all of France in my prayers.

• posted by wendleg
    on

Many thanks Julia ( Californiagirl)
    This is a very unsettled time for France and the latest incident has done nothing to lift the mood. We all have to be vigilant and look after each other at this time of year …and Always.

Let’s stay positive. Jennie10, Caron… I have ‘form’ !!! I cannot remember a January when I did not say ” Ok Wendy this is it now.Sort yourself out and lose the weight !!! ” January would start well but without a proper plan and thinking in terms of calories did nothing to give me a long term view. February just saw me back to the same old same old …

I really want to be healthy in 2019. I want to be healthy for all the fanatstic expériences I want to have when I retire.I want to be able to run after my grandkiddies without getting out of breath after a couple of minutes !!! I want to be like all the beautiful, generous maintainers on this wonderful forum who help us daily.You know who you are !

I want that more than I want Christmas treats . Simples 😉
    All the very best to everyone. Keep posting .Noone is judging. We all have different challenges but we are here to support EVERYONE .
    xxx

• posted by Violinist
    on

I would also like to add prayers for all our french friends. It is so sad to see all that is happening.

• posted by Verano
    on

The world truly is a mess one way or another.

Wendy, Violinist posted this a few weeks back…….
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning BUT
    You can start where you are and change the ending”
    I thank her for these wise words as they have changed my view of this whole journey. Now instead of concentrating on how much I have to lose I look at how far I’ve come and how much I’ve lost so far.
    Positive minds lead to positive results …. I hope!
    Let’s all have a positive plan for the coming weeks and months.

• posted by Violinist
    on

Verano, You Go Girl!!

• posted by Verano
    on

Violinist you wouldn’t believe how a few words have changed my mindset….. so once again … Thank You!

• posted by Violinist
    on

You are so welcome, Verano! Your encouraging posts do the same for me. Have a wonderful day!

• posted by ewe2lambs
    on

Exactly Wendleg, I started this BSD in December so I wouldn’t go through the same I have to lose weight and get fit in January – its never worked, so if I can do this now, with the run up to the festivities then I can do it after with no excuses.

Thank you everyone for your support, I haven’t wobbled yet, and although Friday and Saturday will be hard, I shall try to fast for Sunday, seriously I would not be here getting better without you guys, I feel supported, accompanied and valued.

My bestie and I have decided not to go out but to have a girls night in, we’ll be preparing food ourselves and she’s doing a keto diet so that’s fine, we just need to be reasonable on the bubbles, which is always a challenge when we are together. I have one bottle of champagne so that caps that!!

Gangrene Heart I agree with Caligirl on both counts – GoodHeart and regarding the discussion surrounding you by your MIL, these are things you MIL should not be involved in, its so personal and I would be most uncomfortable with a discussion about me, but talking about me in the third, yes you can ignore that but really I think a little more respect towards you is not much to ask. Not sure how you manage it really.

Yes, the guy in Strasbourg was supposed to be arrested yesterday, but to no avail and then he’s gone off on the run, loads of arms found at his house plus he has be radicalised, not fun, really this is not what we need, but these guys do target christmas markets and other festivities, we’ll just be on alert for the foreseeable furture, really not going out unless we need and no christmas markets or lights or anything else for us, even the cinema we’re just keeping close to home and keeping the kids safe.

Thank you all for your kind thoughts and support.

• posted by Violinist
    on

Ewe2lambs, you are doing great! So sorry for France. Stay safe!

Please log in or register to post a reply.