CHALLENGE FOR THE CHANGING SEASONS: 4 WEEKS UNTIL 21st MARCH

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by SueBlue
    on

End of week 1 update for me. A loss of 0.8kg (1.75lb), so just under my 1kg per week goal. Annoyingly 2 days ago I was another 0.8kg less again, hate how weight fluctuates! Am going to only weigh on Wednesdays and Saturdays from now on.
    I hit my 70,000 step goal – actual was 70,483.
    I did have a few hiccups on Sunday and Mondays with some wine & junk food, but have decided to go completely alcohol free during March so this should help.
    Well done to everyone else who lost during the first week of the challenge, and commiserations to those who didn’t lose as much as they planned.
    Here’s to Week 2 of this challenge ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by BfitB470
    on

In keeping with it being Fat Tuesday today, I seemed to have gained 0.5 pound ๐Ÿ˜•!! Stayed true to the bsd principles, so I’m thinking I’m going to have to go back to at least a week of weighing and measuring EVERYTHING to make sure my portions haven’t gotten too out of whack. I usually aim for 700 cal. and 40 carbs., and rarely miss the mark. Drink plenty of fluids, and think I have a good ratio of fats. I’m pretty sure the major problem is thst I need to get in more exercise, and I am working on that !!

Good thoughts and good wishes for us all in the coming week.

• posted by Verano
    on

So it’s day 2 of my personal 7 day challenge during which my targets are 800/30. Day 1 saw me get through 865 calories so not the end of the world. Carbs were just a bit out of control at 55.5!!!! Last week when I set my carb target to 40 and maximum of 50 I never even made 50 apart from one celebration day!

Ok so today is another day and I will be more careful …. maximum 30 carbs!

Hope you are all having a good day.

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Yesterday I kept under 800 at 775 but carbs were 62, it cant have been too bad as the high carb was just broccoli and beetroot – some soup I had to eat up to make space in the freezer. Weight stayed the same at 73.4 but BG was 4.2 so looking forward to my HbA1c now going to be on the 14th of this month with doctor booked for 17th. I am still determined to lose more weight, at least 2 lbs by 17th. Surely that is doable.

• posted by Verano
    on

Good morning everyone

Well my plateau seems to be over at last. This morning my scales have started to move down again.

Sunshine-girl it always amazes me that we can stay low calorie but the carbs can still be high. I guess with you it was the beetroot and I know with me it’s the oat biscuits that I have occasionally with cheese. I’m sure you’ll lose those 2lbs just have to keep on keeping on …..

on

Hi all, like Verano I have broken my plateau and am now down to what I was before Christmas. Not going to say too much as I don’t want to tempt fate but I never was to see 73 kg again. As usual, when weight drops the BG goes up slightly but only to 5.2 so still on track for another improvement at my next official test.

Yesterday had 775 calories and 22 carbs, so it is working out okay on averages.

Still keeping up with the exercise but have had to cancel the after lunch walks for a couple of days as we have had torrential rain, winds and hail. It is brighter today and might pop out for 20 mins. One thing though, I used to walk to a certain point on our lane, turn around to come back and the whole thing took 20 mins, last time it only took 15 mins so I will have to walk a little bit further. Progress.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Great news, sunshine! You must be so pleased to have broken that plateau and be recording hitting your pre-Christmas weight. Sure you will be reporting good things in the coming week too – well done!

• posted by Verano
    on

Hi everyone

Today is day 4 of my personal 7 day challenge and so far so good. I am managing to stay, loosely, with my 800/30 although I’m closer to 35g of carbs a day. The scales are still showing a very slight downward trend and I’ll take that!

Hope those of you, who like me had an iffy week last week, are having a better second week. The weekend is looming again and so a difficult time for me but I’m determined to stay as close to the plan as I can.

Have a good day!

• posted by Maharani kitten
    on

Yep, doing better this week despite a couple of days away and a meds blip (detailed on another post). Although I restrict to one weigh a week on Sundays, I have that ‘lighter’ feeling you sometimes get in ketosis and my clothes suddenly feel looser in odd places – tops of arms, a favourite necklace hanging differently, a very loose bracelet.

Nice to see friends I’d not seen for a while, and odd for them not to mention weight loss, worry about which has been my constant companion for 7 months. But of course, they last saw me in July 2016, so I guess I look much the same now as I did then! Weird how your health can turn on a sixpence. A good week, though. Mkx

on

Still same weight (but under 73kg) and exercising again yesterday and this morning. Kept to 800 calories and around 35 carbs. BG is down again to 4.3, cant wait for my test. I could go anytime within the next 2 weeks but will wait, it is on my calendar for 14th March.

on

Hello, where have you all gone or are you having a fab weekend and too busy to post. Am I the only saddo sat at my computer. Hubby has gone back to bed for an hour as he had a bad night so I cant get on with anything as I have to be quiet. Anyway, we are about to start papering the back wall in our living, dining area, after spending about 2 weeks painting the rest of the walls and ceiling. It is a big area so we have just taken our time with me doing lots of cleaning (top of the kitchen cupboards were vile but sparkling now). So that is my weekend but the weather is blowy and cold so it is nice to be able to stay indoors.

My weight has taken another dip and I am now down to 72.4 kgs, or 11 stone 5.5 lbs. This is the lightest I have been in 10 years so I was doing a happy dance around the bathroom. Spurs me on to being extra good but I have been sticking resolutely to 800 and being around 30 to 35 carbs even with half an apple in my Ploughmans yesterday. I have exactly 5 weeks to lose the 5.5 lbs before my holiday to Alicante and 2 weeks to lose 1lb before my doctors appointment. So keeping on….

• posted by Cara54
    on

Hi Sunshine Girl. I’m here looking out at the rain.๐Ÿ˜ฏ It sounds like you’ve been very busy and energetic. Doing well with the weight loss too which is great. I’m sure you’ll make your target before your holiday. Good luck.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Good luck with waving goodbye to those pounds to get you to target, sunshine-girl. I was out early this morning, to get to the supermarket before the hordes. Stocked up on Easter eggs for the children and grandchildren, as they were on offer. Need to get a few more, as I want to take a some to Turkey, for our friends’ children.

Now I’m just having some downtime and a quick browse of the forum, before having a go at making kimchi – of sorts. Couldn’t get all of the exact ingredients, so it will be an approximation, rather than the actual thing. If it works out okay-ish and I like it, I’ll make the effort to track down all the exact ingredients, to make it again properly.

Anyway, we are planning a quiet relaxing w/e from here on in. Steak and veggies of dinner tonight, which I’m looking forward to. This morning I was down to my lowest weight so far, however I won’t tempt fate by posting it here, but will wait until my weekly weigh-in on Monday morning – wish me luck.

on

Well done everyone and esp Sunshine Girl as she heads towards her tests.
    Horizontal rain here in Scotland but am keeping self busy and warm clearing out 6 chests of drawers before a big furniture swap on Monday – fitted furniture being….. Fitted.
    Don’t you hang on to some old tat, though ? – a drawer full of purses and make up bags discarded for one reason or another. Mad. What use is a make up bag with a broken zip that came free with a magazine anyway? Or a purse you got as a gift and from which coins fall like confetti into your handbag? Chuck!
    Have also discovered a hopeful stash of bikinis bought over the years in sales – with tags still attached. A first bikini at 50? Errr. No. Charity bag!! Mkx

• posted by Verano
    on

I’M HERE!!!

Have spent the whole morning catching up on paperwork so now catching up on the boards. It certainly has been very quiet on all the threads lately!

Well done sunshine-girl, perseverance pays off! I’m sure that now you’re back on the downward path you’ll lose another 1lb by next week and definitely 5.5lbs in 5 weeks. I’m still keeping on but not reporting till next Tuesday but I am also at my lowest for many moons!!!

Maharani I thought I was the only one sending clothes with labels still on to the charity shop!!! Mind you there were no bikinis…. in my dreams!!! When I found the first few things that still had labels on I was tempted to get them altered. But with extreme difficulty I sent them to the charity shop. It’s much easier now. I must admit I still like wearing t-shirts that are very loose because I feel as though I’m doing well.

• posted by Busybee
    on

I’m here too – although I don’t post often, I log into the forum at least twice a day.
    Today I haven to admit that I have fallen off the wagon big time! Since last Sunday I have eaten everything that I have avoided for 6 months and was completely out of control. I still have weighed every day and the scales were not too unkind until today when “They” told me I have gained 4 pounds! I am mortified and so cross with myself but I have given myself a big talking to and trying to get back on track.
    X B

on

Thank you for your post M-K, I have just been cleaning out kitchen cupboards when I came to my vinegars and sauces shelf. I found a bottle of Tamarin Sauce dated 2014 (should I say outdated) and a squeeze bottle of apricot vinegar concentrate (used to squiggle onto plates for decoration) also 2014. After cleaning the cupboard I put them back, just in case…. After reading your post I went and chucked them both out. If I havent used them in the last 3 years or probably more, why would I ever think I was going to use them now. Yes, they looked and smelled okay. So they are gone. I did keep the squeeze bottle, just in case I want to put something in it. ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by Butterlover
    on

Hi All, Sunshine girl I’m madly impressed that your numbers are going down and you too Verano well done. I’m still perservering with some minor improvements.Its very hot here,37degrees today so I went for a swim at the beach this morning and walked 5000 steps around the shopping center in the afternoon, Its cooler at the shops, as I don’t have aircon in my house .
    I tried on some clothes but Im waiting to drop another size before I buy any thing
    .Menu wise Ive started a new craze to eat a bowl of salad greens when I’m hungry and to have two glasses of water before all food.
    this should hopefully solve my constipation problem which is really annoying .Overall weight is slightly down and BGL is 5.7 so Im quietly hoping I can reach my goal of 1 Kg /week .official weigh in is tuesday so we will see. Hope you all have a good weekend .cheers

on

Lol SG. I did the kitchen cupboards a couple of weeks ago and found tins dating back to 2002…. MK x

• posted by ClarinetCathy
    on

My plan is to lose 7lb during this four week challenge and I have lost 2lb in the first week of the challenge so I am on target to take me into the stone below at the end of this four weeks. Today I weighed 11st 3lb so I feel I can do this. I can’t remember when I was last in the 10 stones!! Today my BMI is officially in the overweight and not the obese zone. I have not yet got my head round increasing my walking to 10,000 steps a day which is also part of this month’s challenge. I must work on this. The weather is awful and doesn’t inspire me! I will be doing more walking next week because I am off work so I may reach 10,000 on hopefully at least two days next week. Must try harder!

• posted by Theodora
    on

Haha, sunshine-girl and MK – think I can outdo you. My problem (though it’s a nice one) is that I have rather a large walk-in pantry, so tins, jars etc tend to accumulate and new stuff gets shoved on shelves in front of old stuff. ( I KNOW I should be more organised ๐Ÿ˜‰ )

A couple of years ago, O/H had gone downstairs to make tea (I was still in bed) when I heard a big bang, and a lot of cursing and swearing. On going downstairs to investigate, I found a very irate husband, covered in sticky goo, along with the entire pantry and half the kitchen!! A tin of golden syrup had fermented and literally exploded!! Who knew that the contents of one tin could go so far!! On examination of the offending can it had a sell by date of…………wait for it………..1988. (I can’t believe I’m even admitting to that) It took us the entire day to clean out the pantry and the kitchen – every single tin and jar had to be washed, and we double checked all sell-by dates. So at least, although I haven’t done the exercise since, I know that nothing in there has a sell-by date before 2014 ๐Ÿ˜‰

Getting back on topic, challenge going ok for me so far – BMI going down nicely and I have lost 4″ in total from waist – all of that since the start of this challenge. I was beginning to despair that the weight was coming off everywhere BUT my waist, so pleased with that, though it was a long time coming. Going away next week for 8 days again, so hopefully I won’t reverse the trend.

Good luck for the rest of the challenge, everyone, whatever your personal challenge may be.

• posted by SueBlue
    on

I’m still here. Just re-read my post from Wednesday where I had said I planned to make March an alcohol free month. Well that lasted 3 days! Out with husband yesterday on a rare day out and had a couple of beers. We’ve decided to change our March no drinking vow to no alcohol at home. Now as we don’t go out too much that shouldn’t be a problem. We are going out for a celebratory lunch next Friday (which I wrote about in another thread), but at least it will be almost a week between drinks and then nothing planned till the end of March when we are going away.
    It’s funny with weight loss as my BSD round weeks are Sunday – Saturday, so my week 7 result is only a 100g loss ๐Ÿ™
    But my 4 week challenge weeks are Tuesday – Monday, so loss wise so far for this 2nd week is about 900g,, on track for my goal of 1kg per week loss. – although my official weigh in day is not till Tuesday, and I had an 1800 calorie day yesterday, so expecting this to change.
    My step goal is on track, did 13,500 yesterday. I also saw the difference between standing and sitting all day at work. Usually to get to 10,000 steps per day I have to go out for a 20-30 min walk at lunchtime (or do this on my way home), but on Thursday I was training staff so on my feet presenting and walking around the room helping trainees all day. No time for a walk at lunch time but I hit 10,000 steps easily.

Everyone’s cupboard stories are interesting and yours made me chuckle Theodora as I could picture it! I don’t have that problem as I have a TINY kitchen with very little storage space. Since starting BSD I was struggling with fridge space for all the veggies and also spaces for all the containers of food I pre-make, leftovers etc, so I bought some clear trays which fit on the shelves, makes it much easier. I put salad stuff in one, lunch things in another etc so I know where to find things.
    As for clothes, I really need to sort mine out once and for all. Because I have fluctuated weight wise between 80 and 103kg (am 174cm / 5′ 9″ tall) over the past 10 years it means I have clothes in sizes 14 – 20 and a couple of 22s! Next weekend I’m going to donate some of my larger sized clothes that are now too big to my local charity shop.
    I needed some new work pants so bought a couple of size 18 pairs from the charity shop on Friday – $4 each. I don’t want to pay full price for pants that will (hopefully) only fit for a month or two before they are too big!

Didn’t plan on this post being so long (or rambling!), but I must say how I can’t believe how much picking up a little paper back book one Saturday less than 2 months ago has changed my life!
    Making the decision to start the BSD has been the best thing I have done for myself in years, and I can’t believe how much I’m enjoying this WOE. Sure, I’ve had my slip ups, but I honestly feel, 7 weeks in, that I could keep following this WOE for life – just not the 800 calorie bit!

• posted by Verano
    on

SueBlue it’s my 8 month anniversary today and I’m still a ‘baby’ in terms of this WOE. As I have said elsewhere, I am a slow loser probably because I have my good weeks bad weeks! I have only once had an ‘out of control’ day and even that was only around 1300 calories and 90 odd carbs so not exactly mega! I find this way of eating fine although I am getting a little bored with the same food over and over. I think I’m just in a bit of a rut food wise at the moment. There’s no reason why this way of life can’t be sustained but as you say not at 800!!

Very funny Theodora, but maybe not at the time. I had an elderly aunt who moved home several years ago and some of the tins and packets we found in her cupboards were almost pre-war!!! I think we’re all guilty of buying stuff and not using it. I came across a jar of Thai basil in vinegar yesterday that ran out in 2013! You know its never been opened and I can’t see what can be wrong with it apart from possibly losing it’s flavour. Will let you know when I open it!!!!

So far this week has been better than the last for me but waiting until Tuesday’s weigh-in before I say anymore! Looks like quite a few of us will be taking holidays towards the end of this month and maybe that will be the real ‘challenge’!

on

WHOOSH!!!
    Sunday weigh day. 4lbs lost and that means 50lbs in total, in almost exactly five months. This is my best loss for some time and am sure it’s down to better sleep this week, and walking.

Three falls off waggon, two minor, one biggie in those months, only one 0.5lb gain, and think it helps a lot that I don’t drink alcohol – bread and chocolate are my sabotage weapons of choice! Have been a teetotaller for many years so am under no pressure to drink socially, and it’s not often that people come over with a bar of Dairy Milk and say ‘go on, one won’t hurt!’

FBS today is 7.2 though. Go figure…! Mkx

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

I’m (almost) back, currently on my way home from a lovely week in Hayle, we met up with Trelawny for a Rump steak salad at the Salt Bar yesterday lunch, although I carelessly forgot the photos so we’ll have to meet up again next time I am down. OH has unfortunately done his back some no good, so I am driving, but we have stopped to see some friends on the way back. I am feeling strangely lost having not logged any food, or weighed myself for a week, so my post holiday weigh in tomorrow will be interesting. I have had loads of contraband, but no binges and think I have on the whole not put too much on. OH thinks he’s put on about half a stone though, with too many lunches with beer. On the plus side I haven’t missed 10,000 steps once since last Sunday when we arrived, and managed one day over 20,000 steps.

• posted by Theodora
    on

Oh well done, MK. It’s such a great feeling, after sitting on that plateau, to suddenly feel yourself running downhill again. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Mixnmatch, so pleased you had a good holiday in Cornwall, but sorry to hear about O/H’s back. Miserable for him ๐Ÿ™ Well done on keeping up your steps, and everyone is allowed a little leeway on holiday. As I said in an earlier post, if BSD is to become a way of life, I can’t see much point in being slim and healthy if we cannot enjoy ourselves sometimes too. ๐Ÿ™‚

I do know what you mean about suddenly not logging everything, weighing etc. But you never know, having kept up your steps, you may be like I was when I was on holiday in Cornwall a few weeks ago. Upon my return I got on the scales with some trepidation, only to find that in the 10 days I had been away, I had lost 3.5lbs ๐Ÿ™‚ I can only put it down to all the walking, but what a lovely surprise it was, so really hope your scales will tell the same story or, at the very least, have stayed the same.

Great to meet up with Trelawney, but what a muppet, forgetting your photos – or maybe not, it gives you an excuse for another holiday / meet up. ๐Ÿ˜‰

PS I am going away again on Tuesday for a week, so I REALLY hope I can repeat my previous experience, though I doubt I will be that lucky twice. ๐Ÿ™

• posted by KrysiaD
    on

Have been reading all the posts but work is just so hectic at the moment that I haven’t had time to post much. But reading the posts really helps me to keep on track and focussed.

Feel a bit fed up with the hectic work schedule – especially as it is all my own fault because it is me who books my work.

In the past pre-BSD in times of stress – I would turn into a carb monster with a massive and prolonged carb fest. This time a carb fest didn’t even cross my mind. It does feel strange as it is so different from what has happened in the past.

I did think though that I would like some pampering so ordered some rose hip oil for my face and neck (there were some posts earlier in the year recommending it) and some Weleda Pomegranate regenerating body oil. Both oils are lovely and the Pomegranate oil smells divine and I can see and feel improvements in my skin already. I also bought a very small pot of clotted cream as my food treat but so far have only had two teaspoons.

I just got a notification from fitbit that I have earned my New Zealand Badge. I have wallked the length of New Zealand (990 miles) since June. I can hardly believe that I have walked so far.

It is raining here so have taken the opportunity to prepare for the coming week which (unless clients cancel) will be another really really hectic week.

• posted by JuJu68
    on

Hi all

Another one who has been following everyone else’s posts but not posting myself, sorry. Between work, two teenagers and a poorly elderly relative who lives an hour away by car, I don’t seem to have time to turn around lately!

Anyway, I have been mostly keeping on with the BSD, but admit to a couple of days last weekend and this where it’s gone out of the window a bit and also the carbs have crept in. I was planning to have one last splurge today, but after a couple of days with the odd naughty treat topped off with a lasagne last night, I fell asleep on the sofa at 8.30pm and woke this morning with really puffy eyes, itchy skin and achey joints, feeling absolutely knackered and a bit teary. Not sure if it’s wheat / gluten, sugar or something else that’s crept back in over the last couple of days but it’s enough to put me back onto the straight and narrow today. Apart from the kilo or so extra that’s now showing on the scales, it’s really not worth eating food that I can now see makes me feel absolutely pants… ๐Ÿ™ !

Hope everyone’s having a good weekend, and well done all on the amazing progress you’re posting!

• posted by Marsie
    on

Hi all, a couple of time poor days, catching up on all the posts one board at a time. So impressed with the way you are all doing.
    KrysiaD, a walking demon! Where will fitbit take you next? And I’m admiring your maintenance abilities.
    JuJu68, great insights arising from your carb splurge. I’m sure these will stand you in good stead as you work your way along this road.
    Mixnmatch, Trelawny, so nice to catch up with people we have conversations air on here. Butterlover and I have been doing this every couple of weeks since before Christmas, enjoyable. And I’m sure all your walking will be kind for your weekly weighin.

I’ve decided I’m not ready yet to abandon the weighing, measuring, recording. When I looked back at the last few days without that discipline I reckon I’ve overdone portions and carbs. I’m fully back at the gym/pilates x3days pw and hour long walks x3 days which is helping me maintain but not lose. So, reviving my discipline today, which may not be soon enough for tomorrow’s weighin.
    Cheers everyone

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

Very pleased with the results of my post holiday weigh in. Loss of 1.2 pounds, back to under my target again at 10 stone 10.8 pounds. Even though I had plenty of treats and some alcohol most days I clearly didn’t overdo it, and with the extra walking I got in maintained nicely with a slight loss.

I will keep going for the rest of this challenge until 21st March with not logging food and weighing only weekly but try to revert to drinking only at weekends to try to get back to my old routine. Will only introduce 6:1 if the weight trend goes up after a week. Exercise is key I think so I will be trying to keep it high. Last week was my highest number of steps since I got the Withings, at over 83,000 for the 7 days. It will be difficult as I am now back at my desk all day during the week.

• posted by Verano
    on

Well done Mk! All going in the right direction.

This is day 7 of 7 my personal challenge which was to get back to 800/30. Well I’ve not managed to do that but I have got back into the routine of logging my food for the day in the morning and it definitely helps to keep the carbs in check. Must admit I don’t have a huge problem with calories but I do still find the carbs in vegetables difficult to contend with. I still have the mind set that vegetables are ‘good for you’ and can be eaten with gay abandon! I made stir fry last night and the carbs cabbage and beansprouts soon mount up. Anyway, not deterred and will do my best today to stay with my 800/30.

Have a good day!

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Great holiday result Mixnmatch! You must be feeling justifiably pleased with yourself.

Well done, Verano. Getting to grips with the 800/30 again can be a struggle, it took me awhile when I restarted and in fact it took me a good few weeks to reign it in. I usually find that it is more important to keep the carbs in check and I know what you mean about the carbs in veggies, they can soon mount up. Hope you have a successful week and manage to get back into the 800/30 zone.

I weighed in with a 1.5lb loss at my weekly weigh-in this morning – second week running. This leaves me with 1.5lb to get to my original goal and 3.5lb to my ultimate goal. All feels scarily do-able, given the results of the last two weeks!

Hope everyone else will be seeing good results too – good luck for weigh-ins and the week. Looking forward to readin how everyone is doing.

• posted by Verano
    on

Well done Mixnmatch. Well done SunnyB . Well done to anyone I’ve missed! I love writing ‘well done’ hope I keep getting the chance!

on

Well done everyone! Summer’s coming if today is anything to go by, so we must dig in…

Went out for a restrained celebratory ’50lb lost’ lunch yesterday. Ate a couple of roasties, a Yorkshire pudding and a plate of roast beef and veg. Spring greens, my absolute fave. Had pudding!! Lemon Posset. Wanted the citrus sourness but it tasted incredibly sweet. Enjoyed what I had but OH got more than half. Felt very stuffed and was glad of long beach walk after.

Didn’t eat for rest of day, back on plan today with, it has to be said, vague longings for something sweet. Hello, Carb Monster, , my old pal. Nope. Sorry. You can’t come in…

Mkx

on

Bit fed up today as the weight has gone up again, will see how it is for my weigh in tomorrow. BG 4.3 so happy about that. I must admit I had 3 glasses of red wine last night but I really needed them. Here’s the story. Hubby spent hours hanging wallpaper on a feature wall and he did such a wonderful job, no bubbles, matched perfectly, just a perfect job. He was so proud and I was proud of him. We pushed the sideboard back in place and I got out the wood polish to tackle a stain and sprayed all up the wallpaper by accident. It wasn’t even clear polish but an orange woodstain thingy. I wanted to cry and he was so upset. Anyway, all’s well, it had dried out with no mark this morning. Now we just have to hang our new mirror.

P.S. the weight had gone up before the wine so I was totally p—ed off.

• posted by topcac
    on

Hi All

Yes, I’ve been pants at posting too. Had a week off work and, typically, fell ill on the Saturday and didn’t surface until Thursday. We wanted to do some walking but sickness and the horrendous weather in the Peak District put paid to that.

As a result I just ate…..and ate….and ate…..I am not proud of myself and today is my first day back on it 100% for about 10 days. During that time I’ve gained 3lbs. It could be a lot worse and I am very grateful but I want to nip this in the bud now and so it was yoghurt and berries for breakfast (which was about 12:30)! Hopefully it’ll come off as quickly as it went on. BG test on Wednesday – first time ever as part of a health screen at work. Very interested to see the result.

Halfway through the challenge and I am in the ‘epic fail’ stages but hoping the second two weeks will be ALOT better ๐Ÿ™‚

TC

• posted by Busybee
    on

I’m with you Topac – I have failed miserably with this challenge and have gained four pounds over the past week, but have pulled it together today and feel ready to go again. Why, oh why do we do this to ourselves.
    X B

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Oh sunshine-girl, what a stressy time. I know my OH would have flipped in a similar situation! Sorry your results were not so good, but bounce backs are common and I’m sure if you dig deep this week, you will be able to post something more positive at your next weigh-in. Good news on the BG though and that’s a positive to hang on to.

Well done on shutting out the carb monster, MK. Sounds like you had a really good celebratory meal and that you are managing to get on track again, which ultimately is what we all have to do at some point. Isn’t it a shame when desserts are over sweetened? It is a bugbear of mine – I love chocolate fondant puddings, but so often they have way too much sugar in them, which puts me off.

Great to read everyone’s posts – good luck for the next weigh-in.

• posted by JulesMaigret
    on

Hi SSG,

We’ve been married twenty three years and the only major row we have ever had was a direct result of trying to wallpaper the kitchen in our first house. The wallpaper she chose was like one of those “magic eye” puzzles. Since then only emulsion will do!

I’m sure the weight will drop in its own time. Keep the faith!

• posted by Verano
    on

Sunshine-girl this really is a time to keep on keeping on. Today is another day. and tomorrow yet a new one still!!

Maybe it’s ‘winter’s almost, but not quite, over’ blues that is blighting so many of us. We all just need a few sunny days. As Mk says just need to dig in. Think we all have to dig deep at the moment. Less than three weeks until the clocks jump forward and we’ll all be there with a spring in our step. Just need to hold on for a little bit longer, even if it’s just treading water. Let’s not ruin all our good work.

Sorry to our ‘cousins’ down under who are just about to lose daylight as we gain!

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Hey TC and BusyBee – sorry to read you haven’t done so well this past week. Very frustrating for both of you, but please don’t view it as failure. You have both come so far and this is just a blip along the way. Time to refocus, get back on track and I’m sure you will soon be posting good things again.

Hope you are feeling fit again TC. And don’t worry about last week BusyBee. This is a new week and every day is a new day to be used.

on

Sorry, SG, for your various woes, but your post made me smile in recent recognition. We’re doing a major house refurb and got to the last room. Dining room. One wall of careful chosen pricey wallpaper, a ‘mare to put up. Two days after completion, I put beeswax spray polish on the new reclaimed wood dresser (when the cleaning instructions -that I didn’t read – clearly stated damp cloth only) and also sprayed the wallpaper. The greasy line didn’t fade, the dresser is now one colour on the top and a different one beneath. My incredibly mild-mannered OH was incandescent on the inside and trying SO hard not to shout. He didn’t succeed… First row EVER. Mkx

• posted by Rosebery
    on

Sorry to have been away so long, I went on my niece’s hen do weekend and managed not to eat cake or drink wine but I did eat an awful lot of cheese! I have gone up a pound since my lowest weight but I am not too downhearted, I just need to have another burst at the strict version to get it off again and start going down again. I had blood tests taken today, hba1c, full blood count and cholesterol – results in a couple of days so keeping everything crossed until they come back. My meter predicts that the hba1c should be normal but until it is I shall be really twitchy.

• posted by Marsie
    on

So, I had an on-song day yesterday, but as I said on an earlier post, probably not enough to overdo the off-song days, really for well over a week as I also recorded up last Tuesday. 63.4kg this morning and I’m very disappointed in my own eating behaviors. Well, I’ll just have to bring myself back into positive territory. One day at a time.

Better hopes for everyone else……

• posted by Verano
    on

Good morning/evening

Well my personal 7 day challenge of going back to a more strict 800/30 paid off. I didn’t manage to stick to 30g carbs but averaged 40g a day and calories were just over 800. The result was a 2.6lb loss!!! So happy with that.

Last week has got me back into the habit of logging my days food in the morning, which involves choices to keep me within my chosen boundaries. I think I will do another 7 days, it’s only 7 days, to see if I really can be disciplined enough to get back to 800/30!

Hope that everybody can keep on keeping even if the last week hasn’t been the best. To quote Nelson Mandela

‘Do not judge me by my successes, judge me by how many times I fell down and got back up again’

And have we fallen …. many times!! Have a good week.

• posted by Busybee
    on

Morning fellow Challengers. After a horrendous week I finally climbed back on the wagon yesterday and thankfully ended the week with an increase of (just!) 1.5 lbs. That means I have still lost just over two stones since last October and I reached that weight the end of December! So effectively, I am telling myself that I “maintained” for 2 months and now I need another push to lose another stone before a wedding in early May.
    Let’s hope we all have a good week and thanks for the support and inspiration we find here every day!
    X B

on

Well after my trials and tribulations I have managed to lose 1.5 lbs and I am still under the dreaded 73kg. I now plan not to get weighed on a Friday, see I have lost 3 lbs and promptly decide I can treat myself. I know I would have lost more but 1.5 is good enough. BG is still around 4.3 and test is in 7 days.

Went for my monthly pedicure, free of charge for diabetics, and my chiropodist asked me for the name of my diet as she had been telling a client about it so I wrote it down for her. Trouble is they are French and the MM book has not been translated into French but there are other similar diet books on the market, hope she gets a good one.

On the down side, although I have not lost the feeling in my big toes (I got it back with this diet) they are feeling ‘thick’, that is the only way I can describe it. She tried to find the pulse leading to my big toes and couldn’t but I could see the ankle pulse throbbing away. Anyway, I have to speak to my doctor next week.

Have another good week everyone and keep on keeping on.

• posted by Theodora
    on

Marsie, you can do this – as you say, one day at a time……

And well done Verano, and of course you can get back to 800/30 – we believe in you, so please believe in yourself.

Busybee, well done on maintaining, even though you would have preferred a loss. But maintaining is not a gain, and that is to be celebrated. Now the final push before the wedding – you can do this.

Sunshine girl, good luck with your blood test next week, and do hope your toes are nothing to worry about – though of course you will worry. Please keep us posted.

I am going away for a week today, so thought I would give a quick update on my challenge before I go, as I won’t have access to scales etc while I am away. I set myself 3 relatively modest challenges:-

1. To get off the blooming plateau (my 2nd) that I had been sitting on for 5 days – Check (6lbs gone in the 2 weeks of this challenge to date)
    2. To finally get my BMI into the 25s – Check, today it was 25.5
    3. To finally start to measure some significant reduction in my waist size – Check, but disappointing so far (only 2.5″ since the start of BSD800 seven weeks ago but, on the plus side, most of it since the beginning of this challenge) Really hoping for more though.

To date I have lost 23lbs in my 7 weeks and, whilst I only measured my waist before I started, so have no figures to register anything else against, I am definitely reducing quite dramatically elsewhere (just wish it was my waist and bust) as my trousers have all developed saggy bottoms, my knee high boots now have room to spare when I tuck my jeans in them, I have had to buy a new watch strap because the old one was far too big, despite making another hole, and I can now get my wedding, engagement and eternity rings on and off without any trouble at all – not been able to do that in many a year – thought I would have to be buried in them ๐Ÿ˜‰ Who knew I had fat wrists and fingers???? They never LOOKED fat (about the only part that didn’t ๐Ÿ˜‰ ) And, something my husband commented on just this morning before I got dressed, which I hadn’t noticed but when I looked in the mirror found that it was true……… I have a hollow space between my thighs ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚ WoooHoooo – am going away invigorated and will try really hard to stick to BSD principles, though I may allow myself the occasional glass of vino, so as not to undo all this hard work.

Good luck to all of your Challengers – we can all do this if we stay focussed and support each other.

Right, off now to pack………….

• posted by Verano
    on

Busybee glad you’ve caught up with the wagon and managed to climb back on. We all fall off from time to time and sometimes it’s not that easy to get back on … but you’ve done it so keep on keeping on!

Sunshine-girl so it was a loss after all! Great! I’m afraid I’m a daily weigher. It’s good and bad but most of all it’s just habit! I think if I only weighed once a week I would be sooooo disappointed if I hadn’t lost after a ‘good’ week I’d just throw in the towel. Weighing every day keeps me on the straight and narrow but it’s not for everyone!

Toes and pulses. The pulse in my feet is really hard to find. One day my GP had a student in with her and asked her to find the pulse in my feet knowing perfectly well she wouldn’t be able to! They always have to use an ?ultrasound thingy to check that I still have a pulse in my feet and I have!! Try not to read too much into it.

Theodora it’s all sounding really positive. Hollows between the thighs … what are they!!!! Anyway, well done and enjoy your holiday.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Really pleased to read so much positivity on the challenge. So envious of that hollow between the thighs Theodora, I’ve always wanted one of those, but have never had one even at my slimmest! Lots of great pluses to take away on holiday with you, so have a great time and we’ll look forward to your news when you get back.

For me 1.5lb is a real positive, BusyBee and a great result to spur you on to lose that stone in the next couple of months – sure you can manage that!

Like you Verano, I find religiously logging very thing I consume really helps to keep me focused and makes it much more likely that I will keep within the parameters – for me 800/25.

Today I have been through about 70% of my clothes and filtered out all the stuff I can no longer wear. The surprise was how much I had hung on to over the years, in smaller sizes and that without exception, I can now comfortably get into all of those items. I still have a huge draw to go through, but I decided this is a job for another day. Now I have a bag of things for the charity shop, a modest quantity of things to go into textile recycling, a small pile of things to ebay and a big bag of things to take out to Turkey to donate to villagers – and a tidy wardrobe. Morning well spent!

Please log in or register to post a reply.