CHALLENGE FOR THE CHANGING SEASONS: 4 WEEKS UNTIL 21st MARCH

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Marsie
    on

Sounding so good after one year, SunnyB, more power to you. Good to see you over here.

Great mindset there, Verano.

As for me, while I’m monitoring food each day, I’ve decided to stay off the scales from now until next Tuesday. Obsessing over them, found myself standing on them twice this morning. Nip that in the bud. In times past, when with WW, I would weigh 3 times, moving the scales to a different tile on the bathroom floor, for goodness sake, in case it gave a better result! Obssessive, somewhat? Feeling ok having made this decision.

• posted by Verano
    on

Sunshine-girl well done getting below 73. Let’s hope this is just the start.

90 lengths Topcac I’m tired just thinking about it!!

And great maintenance SunnyB. To be that much less after your two extended periods of ‘holiday’ is wonderful. Looks like you might have cracked this way of life.

Marsie I couldn’t function if I didn’t weigh everyday when I have access to scales! But I know how easy it is to become obsessive … oh how I remember those WW days and the re-weighing!!!

• posted by Theodora
    on

Goodness, you are all dong so well ๐Ÿ™‚ Well done, all of you. TC, please make me feel marginally less inadequate by telling me it was 90 lengths in a VERY little pool! ๐Ÿ˜‰

Well, having started this challenge determined to be really, really strict, I had a bit of a blow out yesterday on only the 2nd day – some of it my fault, some of it most definitely not! I went out for a birthday (not mine) lunch with some girlfriends determined to be good, but allow myself just one glass of wine. Fortunately my friends are not huge eaters, so I knew I could get away with only having a starter and I had 3 large delicious pan-fried scallops, with 2 small crab fritters, served with rather a generous amount of pea puree, salad and a lemon dressing. Sounded good – I thought that the crispy coating on the fritters wouldn’t hurt too much. I was, however, horrified to find, upon returning home, that the pea puree contained 11g of carbs!

On top of this, I asked for a glass of white wine, served as a spritzer with soda water, to make it last longer. When it arrived, I sent it back because it was too sweet, and asked for a DRY white spritzer. 2nd glass arrived, it was marginally better, but still sweet, but I didn’t want to make a fuss as it was a friend’s birthday, so stuck with it. Imagine my horror, when the bill arrived and I found it had been made with a lovely dry white NZ Sauvignon, but they had topped it up with 6 fl.oz of LEMONADE, consisting of 20g carbs, on top of the 5g for the wine itself!!!!!

Then, no doubt because I had had a glass of wine, I succumbed to not one, but two pieces of freshly baked shortbread which were served with the coffee, which added another 24g carbs!!

So, just the pea puree, the lemonade, the wine and the shortbread provided 60g carbs, and throughout my 5 and a bit weeks so far on BSD800, I have been keeping my carbs below 25g. Shock, horror! After that, I gave up counting everything else I had yesterday, though most of it BSD friendly.

This morning, I crept onto the scales with trepidation and, in reality, to punish myself, expecting a rise. I’ve been a bit down this week, because I haven’t lost so much as an ounce since last Wednesday, my 2nd plateau in 5 weeks ๐Ÿ™ But, what do you know? After my only really disastrous day since starting BSD, I had dropped 2 lbs overnight ๐Ÿ™‚ Go figure! ๐Ÿ˜‰

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Wow Theodora! Need more days like that aye?! I think sometimes lifting the carbs a bit helps to kick start things again.
    It’s part of my routine to weigh everyday, but I can understand why you might want to give it a miss for a few days Marsie. It is easy to become obsessed with what the scales have to tell us. Hope they tell you something wonderful on Tuesday.

• posted by Theodora
    on

Thanks, SunnyB – but not tempting fate though, and keeping my carbs well down today! It was a doubly nice surprise though, because the 2lbs dropped me just below the next stone, and I had been desperately trying to get there for nearly 2 weeks. Somehow, 10st 13lbs sounds SOOO much lighter than 11st 1lb ๐Ÿ˜‰

Only 9lbs to go now to reach my original target of 2st off, though I won’t manage it in the 2 and a 1/2 weeks I have left in this 8-weeker. But I’m now feeling so enthusiastic and confident about BSD (despite my 2 plateaus) that I am dropping my original target by 4lbs, which would be a total of 32lbs – may even go lower if I can, but don’t want to tempt fate or scare the Whoosh Fairy away. ๐Ÿ˜‰

PS Since starting BSD, I weigh every day too, and found it really stressful when I was on holiday for 10 days the other week and I couldn’t. So I guess it can become addictive, and maybe, like you Marsie, I should try and stay off them for a couple of days. I nominated 2 official weigh in days a week – Mondays and Fridays – so maybe I should only allow myself on the scales on those days. Yippeee, tomorrow is a Friday ๐Ÿ™‚

PPS I’ll never manage it, and as addictions go, I can think of worse ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by SunnyB
    on

When I go on holiday and can’t weigh myself, I take ketostix with me to check I’m staying pretty much ‘in the zone’. I believe there is some evidence that people who weigh daily have more weigh loss success and are more likely to keep it off. Probably because it helps to motivate – it’s certainly that way with me. The first holiday I took after starting the BSD, I was petrified I’d pile most of the weigh lost back on. Much more relaxed about it now though

What ever you decide to do weighing-wise, Theodora, I hope you continue to see losses now you have slipped off that plateau!

• posted by Natalie
    on

Hi everyone, just letting you know I’m still here! I’ve gone from at-home mum to full-time student (plus I’m still a mum of course) so I’ve been a bit busy. Diet has also slipped but I can’t blame it on the busy as I slipped frequently before when I wasn’t! But I’m going to a family wedding in four weeks, I’m so sick of being the only fattypuff in a family of thinnifers, so it’s time to give myself a talking to and lose this tummy! I know it’s possible to make a difference, even in four weeks, although of course I won’t be at my goal weight for a lot longer than that. I’ll take a bit of time this morning to read some of your inspiring posts, I’ve missed you all.

• posted by Hannah
    on

Hello everyone,
    Would like to join this 4 week challenge. Have been trying out some of the recipes online & in the recipe book. All delicious so far.

• posted by susieb
    on

Hi, everyone,

I’d like to join this 4-week challenge after trying/failing (so not really trying?) at BSD for the last year. A very hectic and very social lifestyle can find a multitude of excuses, but I’m now at my biggest ever. My target is to look half-decent for a big party in 12 weeks.

My goal for this 4 weeks is to:

* Lose 10lbs
    * Lose 2″ from my huge waist
    * Walk 14000 steps per day
    * Get enough sleep — my biggest diet downfall

• posted by Doodledootoo
    on

Interesting article on BBC today about “Fasting diet regenerates diabetic pancreas”. Just thought I’d mention it. No human testing yet and cautious welcome to the news by diabetes UK org.

• posted by Maharani kitten
    on

Sun’s out today, and after 8 weeks of a cold and chest infection that wouldn’t go away, and 10 days or so of eating OK but faffing and fretting and feeling a bit rubbish, blood sugars erratic, dragging my chubby carcass around miserably, I’ve bounded out of bed today after a 9 till 7 sleep with a brand new attitude and feeling properly well for the first time in a long time.

Walk done. Breakfast yoghurt downed. Dressed in something other than baggy yoga pants and Just about to do a ‘power hour’ in the office and plough through a load of jobs I’ve been avoiding.

It really feels like 2017 starts today for me. Happy New Year! MKx

• posted by Marsie
    on

Hi Natalie, good luck with the studies. From 1980-1984 incl, I studied fulltime, leaving fulltime office work to do so , with busy OH on the executive ladder and 2 sons who were late primary school and high school over the journey. Natalie, when it becomes stressful, and it undoubtedly will as assignments etc are due and conflicting with family time, take a tip from me: drink lots of water, get your sleep, avoid the milky coffees, snack foods, etc. In other words, do as I say not what I did. Stress eating was a feature of my 5 years with consequent weight gain. I wasn’t alone, I noticed most of the other students on this course were the same. Great time of my life though, wouldn’t want to have missed the experience.

Enjoyed all the comments about the scales, folks, good not to be the only one xx

• posted by Verano
    on

All sounding good Maharani! Let’s hope the sun shines everyday for you …. and the rest of us!

I’ve not had the best of starts to this challenge. I am managing to stay within my allowances but my weight loss is around 0.2lb. It’s so disheartening. Anyway, the only way is to keep on keeping on…..

on

Can recommend the power hour approach. Suggested to me again recently by a work colleague – take phone off hook, make short list of niggly jobs, and just power through as many as you can in an hour. Today have cleared inbox, done expenses, a load of resource ordering, a chunk of admin, made a phone call list for today. Liberating.

Tomorrow am going to apply a power hour to my housework – up an hour earlier with a list. On Sunday, will power hour friends – catch up with proper 15 minute phone calls. Ooh. Am liking this! Happy Friday everyone. Mkx

• posted by topcac
    on

OK Theodora, don’t panic, the pool was quite little – just 16 metres so my 90 lengths was just short of 1500m. However, today I rowed 2k and ran 5k – hee hee…..

I have toyed with whether I would post this but decided I should stop feeling ashamed – yesterday I fell off the wagon, under it, it dragged me for a few miles then left my battered and bruised body by the roadside before I just saw it ride off into the sunset. I did log all I ate and I’m not going into that now but suffice to say it was many thousands of calories and many hundreds of grams of carbs. I could probably come up with many excuses, all probably quite valid but I’m not going to and it’s given me even more reason to practice mindfulness MUCH more seriously. I have a week off next week and that is going to be my goal – to find some really good mindfulness apps and to concentrate on this so that when the devil visits I can combat this bingeing (this is what it was) and try to get some perspective

Thanks for being here – I didn’t even tell my OH about this – I probably never will – it makes me feel sick to think of it but thanks for listening…reading…back on it today.
    TC xxx

on

Ah, TC, we’ve all been there – beaten up by the carb monster – just last weekend, in my case.

Guilt and shame are natural responses but it’s really about how we move on and seems like mindfulness is a good way to start again. Not sure why we do it and why we can resist some days and can’t on others…

Back on it today? Well done!

• posted by loopylou
    on

TC, we have all been there, me more times than I care to remember but this a new day (that’s the beauty of days, they just keep coming around again) and a new start. No point in feeling guilty. I used to tell people that guilt is a waste of emotion. If you can do something about it, do it. Otherwise , let it go and look at it only as a learning experience.

• posted by Marsie
    on

Topcac, you’re a champion, you climbed back onto that wagon as soon as you could.

As MK said, we’ve all been there, and now we’re all here, so good on us all. Hugs sent your way.

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

TC you can be sure we will keep your secret, though we have all done something we have tried to hide from OH.

Today I am still 72.9 kg so needing a bit of a whoosh. BG is 4.4 so still very happy. Just realised that with Feb being a short month I have enough meds to last until 17th March so can put off HbA1c until 15th and see doc on 17th with my results. Just gives me a bit longer to lose some more weight. I am already less than I was at my last appointment but just want to wow him (he is so good looking I always want to impress).

Oh well, have a good weekend everyone.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Hope today has been a better day for you TC and that you haven’t wasted time beating yourself up for yesterday’s transgression. We all mess up from time to time, but as long as you have a strategy for moving forward, that’s all that matters. Sounds like you are focused again and I have every confidence that you will be bouncing back and reporting good things again soon. Have a good w/e.

• posted by Busybee
    on

And so say all of us!
    Draw a line under it and move on – oh, and keep on keeping on.
    X B

• posted by Verano
    on

TC hope you’ve managed to put that day behind you and moved on.

Another weekend and another challenge for me especially as we are out for lunch tomorrow. I’ve managed to stay with my 900 calorie 40/50g of carbs so far this week but I think I may need to adjust my carbs down. I’ve lost 0.6lb since Tuesday but the loss feels really slow.

Guess I just have to keep on keeping on…. have a good weekend.

• posted by Butterlover
    on

Hi All.I had a happy moment this morning, finally got below 84kg with my morning weight at 83.9Kg and bgl at 5.3.which is also much improved . I was really surprised as I ate freely yesterday, no tracking and a small piece of cake . The only explanation is that Ive been missing breakfast, saving a few calories for after work hunger pangs and Ive been drinking a lot of water.the rest of today is not so good went for a swim at the beach this am and spent the day locked inside ,its 40 degrees outside ,so a bit of spontaneous icecream and other indulgences. Tonight a dinner in a nice beachside cafe so probably will need to be strict for the next few days ,Any way feeling quite positive that I can succeed when I really ,really set my mind to it.I hope everyone is having a successful weekend, stay positive,never give up

• posted by Cupperbut
    on

Hi everyone, well I seem to be in the 2nd week plateau which I’ve read about. I had my 800 cals day yesterday (I’m doing the 5:2) and somehow my weight has gone up a little this morning. Sigh. I am struggling to keep the carbs low – I seem to be eating too many high carb vegetables. At least that’s what my fitness pal tells me. Other than eating meat and eggs all day, how do people do it?! I thought that surely by cutting out bread/rice/pasta/potatoes/sugar my weight would go down easily, but apparently I like to keep a winter coat on. Keep on keeping on I guess. Well done to everyone on your successes so far!

on

Well that damn 73 kg is back again, can’t work out what I am doing wrong but I will keep on keeping on…. I have reduced my snacks as they had become a habit, I have increased my exercise and doing 35 mins daily x 7 days, before it was 30 mins daily x 5 days. Not had any alcohol since my birthday lunch on 8th Feb but just can’t seem to get the weight moving. On the plus side my BG this morning was 3.8 so averaging 4.0 fasting BG. Test around 14th March so will just keep on ……

• posted by Marsie
    on

Good on you, BLover. Happy you’re happy. BTW, I can make Monday afternoon, 2ish, if that suits you, pick a spot.

Sunshine-girl, I feel your frustration. Positive thoughts coming your way as you keep on…..

Cupperbut, I’m not sure that our morning weight always strictly reflects the day before. When I was a WW leader, I was fond of saying to my flock that anything, bad or good, would show up on your scales a couple of days later. It’s one reason why I’m trying to take a little of the everyday emphasis off the scales, apart from my mounting obsession with them. Better comparisons to be made on weekly data.

Managed not to stand on the scales today, but was a little anxious about it. Out for breakfast this morning, BSD friendly, just a little too much of it but only had a small handful of unsalted mixed nuts plus one fig from our tree at lunch time, another fig mid-afternoon, then 1 BBQ’d chicken sausage with steamed green vegetables plus carrot for dinner.
    Our breakfast was all part of a wonderful treat. Friends of friends have a dinky little wooden boat, old, slow, beautifully restored. They invited 8 of us to go with them for an hour-long putter up the river (Swan River) against the tide, to eat at Woodbridge, on the water’s edge, slightly faster back down with the tide. 7.30 til roughly 11.30 all told and it was just so delightful. Wish I could find a way to add a photo or two…..

• posted by Natalie
    on

Marseille I also find that there is often a delay in what I eat affecting my weight. 48 hours is normal for me rather than the next morning on the scales. It can make you feel like you got away with pizza, but just wait another day…

• posted by Verano
    on

Marsie sounds like a really lovely day. Glad you enjoyed it.

Ok, so I’ve hit my first plateau. Last week I lost 3lbs. The first 5 days of this new challenge has been loss/gain of the same 0.2lb! I checked back on my average daily calories and carbs for last week and the carbs were almost identical at 43g per day. My calories were more last week, an average of 919 a day compared to the first 5 days of this challenge which have been 870 a day.

Help! Do I decrease my carbs back to 30g or increase them to kick start my body? Do I increase my calories as maybe I really have gone into ‘starvation’ mode having had less than 1000 for a long time now? Or do I just carry on doing what I’m doing in the hope that the scales will start to move down again soon?

All suggestions gratefully accepted.

on

Hmm. I measure/weigh/review Sunday to Sunday.

Not doing brilliantly on the exercise front so after a week of loosening up a bit on cals (though not carbs) I’m getting back on 800 this week. I didn’t really notice the extra 200 cals or so, so no point!, really.
    Half a pound lost, no inches, and did five lots of 40 minutes exercise which is OKish but less than planned.

I’m in awe of those brave enough to weigh daily. I put the scales in the cupboard and weigh only on Sunday morning because I know that a gain, even a small one, messes with my head. If I’m good on food and let a week go by, it’s less likely to be bad news.

Verano, more exercise, less carbs and half a litre of extra water sorted my last plateau. How are your inches?
    Mkx

on

STILL 73kg but sat at computer ready to do my weekly menu plan. I might have to cut carbs as I normally have between 50 and 60 grams, will aim for 30 grams. I certainly cant cut calories as I am having between 650 and 700 daily, don’t worry that I am not eating enough as that leaves a few calories for my evening snack, some chicken or ham. I have heard that a drink of apple cider vinegar before bed can stop the dawn phenomenon so I might try that as I seem to have a snack just for that reason whether I am hungry or not.

Hey ho, tomorrow is another day and another week so I will keep on keeping on…

• posted by Cupperbut
    on

I’m sure it’s obvious…but what’s the dawn phenomenon? ๐Ÿ˜ฌ I had a rare meal out with the husband last night and managed to weigh a whole extra kg this morning! It was only a fairly small meal too (posh Japanese restaurant). Oh well…I’m back on it again this morning.

on

Cupperbut, good for getting back on it, we still have to have a life and going out is part of that or we would be diet hermits. The dawn phenomenon is when you have not eaten from say 8pm until breakfast the body wants to supply sugar to the system to stop you from starving (goes back to caveman days) so the liver pumps out glycogen (a sugar) to keep you going until breakfast but because we aren’t really starving the body cannot use it up, this is a natural thing and happens around 4 or 5 am so called the dawn phen….. When you test your blood glucose in the morning it will be unusually high because of this extra sugar. To stop this I (we diabetics) have a small snack before bedtime to trick the liver into thinking we are satisfied and stop it from doing its thing. Hope that is clear.

• posted by Cupperbut
    on

Ah I see, thanks for explaining! The wonders of apple cider vinegar are endless it seems.

on

Cupperbut, don’t know if the apple cider vinegar works but will report back when (and if) I try it.

• posted by Cara54
    on

Four days in and I seem to have gained about 1lb. It’s very confusing because at work I weigh myself on industrial scales which weigh in kg. At home my little scales weigh in stones and lbs. I think work scales are heavier than home scales but I’m not sure. Anyway I’m trying not to confuse the two. I have accommodation at my work which is why I use their scales. Also I haven’t been at home for two weeks but I’m going tomorrow for one week. Internet connection at work is not the best as it is very rural so I can’t post as much as I’d like.

My plan for the week is to get into a fasting routine which I can maintain wherever I am and to cut sugar out of my life as much as is possible which means lots of label reading and lots of will power.

• posted by Cupperbut
    on

Good luck Cara! For peace of mind I would definitely stick to using just one set of scales so that your results are consistent. At least if your weight goes down on the same set you’ll know it’s accurate.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Weigh-in result for week 1 of the Challenge is 1.5lb lost. Was quite happy with that, as it had been a mixed bag of reading s on the scales through the week and I was half expecting something less favourable this morning. This result brings me to within 3lb of my goal weight – bit scary really, as I almost daren’t hope that I might really hit that in the next few weeks. It seems there is actually a good chance, that I will be at goal weight before our holiday, even though I am a slow loser.

Hope everyone else on the challenge will be posting positive results too – looking forward to reading your posts soon. Good luck at weigh-in everyone.

• posted by Angela06
    on

Good morning, I’ve been enjoying this thread from afar. I have now finished my 2nd 8 weeks, lost 20.7kgs in total and need a new challenge to keep me honest as I have a long way to go. I don’t have a goal as such, any weight loss is good for me. I try to aim at a kilo a week and mostly that works though I do seem to have a habit of going back for a second look at grams lost..I don’t give them up easily ๐Ÿ˜‰

• posted by Marsie
    on

SunnyB, wonderful week 1 of this challenge for you, congrats ๐Ÿ™‚

Angela06, nice to see you, and haven’t you done well, so far, amazing :). Welcome to join in, hope it helps you keep going the way you have been. And we all know about saying hello to those grams as they come visit again……:(

My weigh-in for this 1st week shows 62.7kg, a half kilo up on last Tuesday. Not surprised, or maybe I am surprised that is only .5kg.

2nd week coming up……….

• posted by Verano
    on

Good morning

Well this week has been a real slog for me. I have lost …whoopee… 0.2lb!!! I can barely bring myself to type this!

I decided at the beginning of this challenge to aim for a modest 4lb loss. I’ll be lucky if I even make that as this rate. I also decided that I would try a slightly more relaxed 900/40 or 50g of carbs. It obviously isn’t working!

I may have hit a plateau because I have been going up and down with the same fraction of a pound all week. I also decided to work on a weekly average of calories and carbs giving me a little more leeway on some days. It’s NOT working.

So for week two it’s back to 800/30 for me and I will do my very best to stay within the targets every day for the next 7 days …. it’s only 7 days for goodness sake! I will do it.

Hope you have all had a better week than me!

• posted by JulesMaigret
    on

Well 1lb down for me this week which is better than expected/deserved. The gym was OK last week, but steps way down as a couple of projects were coming to key milestones. The Guinness and a very decent cheese platter at Twickenham on Sunday probably didn’t help either = more focus needed!

• posted by Cara54
    on

Good morning all. I have gained 3lbs since I last weighed on my own scales two weeks ago. I’m not really surprised as it’s not been an easy time as I’ve posted elsewhere. My goal now is to lose 6lbs in the next three weeks.

I’ve just got a copy of the book Pure, White and Deadly. I’ve read a couple of chapters and it’s really interesting. I will probably post more about it later but the main message is sugar is not required and should be avoided. Not easy for those of us who have a sweet tooth but definitely worth the effort.

on

One pound gain for me but I have been learning lessons. I thought I was sticking to 800 by making my meal plan reach 650 or 700 to leave room for my snacks but it appears my snack portion sizes have got out of hand so it would be a handful of nuts in the afternoon then a chunk of cheese in the evening on a ryvita. I tried putting carbs into my weekly plan but it was just too time consuming so I have my menu plan and will check it on a daily basis to make sure I am not going too high. Yesterday did 850 calories and 58 carbs, so it is really difficult. If I had left out the ryvita I would have saved 6 carbs but needed it to put the cream cheese on. I have completely cut out 10g of dark chocolate as it was becoming a habit so have saved 50 cals there. I am going to go for more chicken and fish than meat and have at least 2 vegetarian days (not too heavy on beans or lentils). Although I have gained one pound I am lighter than I was yesterday so it pays to go back to basics. I know I did better as I was still a bit hungry when I went to bed.

Only 2 weeks to my blood test and I am confident I will have improved or stayed the same. If I have stayed the same it is still an improvement as I am on less insulin than 3 months ago. I am still trying to lose at least 2lbs before I see the doctor in 2.5 weeks. That will be my motivation.

When you think you are doing okay but not losing it is worth going back to week one and weighing and measuring everything.

• posted by Marsie
    on

We’re with you, Sunshine-girl, you can do it. Those damned portion sizes, they do creep up.

Also Cara54, it’s all a challenge, isn’t it?

Yes, but, JulesMaigret, this WOL has to fit us if its to be sustainable. Yes, we make changes over time to our food and drink habits for the sake of our health but we also make our own accommodations along the way (philosophy 101, sorry). So, the 1lb loss while still enjoying the Guinness and cheese, seems reasonable. Assuming, that is, said G and c are occasional treats and not daily indulgences, and that is certainly the impression taken from your regular posts. You’re doing great.

Join the sloggers, Verano, there are a few of us. For what its worth, I think you’ll turn it around.

And I’ll say it again, reading all the posts is keeping me keeping on……..

• posted by Butterlover
    on

Hi All,today weigh in, not so good up .5kg and BGL 6.5. There was a moment on sat when I felt like I was progressing but the last few days, I have given in to temptation. eg Random KFC sitting in full view on the bench, Mindlessly in the mouth and gone before I can even think of resisting.Also had another bout of stomach issues and low water intake.So I shall start again tomorrow .cheers to all , well done to those who lost, keep trying for the rest of us.

• posted by Theodora
    on

Oh dear, there seems to be a few struggles going on – but this thread is all about challenge, and it wouldn’t be a challenge if it were easy, would it? So pick yourselves up, everybody, dust yourselves down and start all over again.

JM – my o/h was at Twickers on Sunday too, and an English victory (when the first half was such a struggle, not to say fiasco) surely made the Guinness and cheese worthwhile ๐Ÿ™‚ If I’d been there, I would have succumbed to far more than that, I know. As it was, I watched at home, feeling virtuous with nothing more sinful than a cup of black tea ๐Ÿ™‚

I think I need to update my albeit modest challenges, as I seem to have achieved both already – and we are only one week in! My original goals were firstly to finally climb down from my wretched 7 day plateau (my 2nd in 6 weeks) and, secondly to get my BMI down to under 26 for the first time in years. I am tickled pink that I have succeeded and today recorded a loss of 3lbs since the start of the challenge (after a whole week in the wilderness), which has brought my BMI down to 29.5 ๐Ÿ™‚

So my updated challenge, again modest, is to bring my BMI down even further – maybe to 25.4 – 25.5, which means about another 3 or 4 lbs, so hopefully achievable. I am now registering a total loss of 20lbs (9.1kg) in the 6 weeks and 1 day since I began this WOE. ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Hi sunshine-girl, have you tried using small lettuce leaves as a vehicle for your cream cheese? Or celery perhaps? That way you increase your veg intake and lose some cals and carbs – win/win.

Sorry to read some are really struggling on the challenge, but stick in there and I’m sure you will all be posting better results next week. Good luck everyone!

on

Going a bit bonkers on smoked salmon, cream cheese and parsley pate this week, crunched down with lots of celery. I’d forgotten what an easy and filling lunch it is.
    Another blimmin’ hypo this morning though – 3.2 – experimenting with sorting FBG and taking one Glicozide again. Error! Note to self. Stop trying a quick fix and keep the carbs down, stupid… And stay in when you’re messing with your meds, with a glass of fruit juice close to hand…

TC, I can see your shiny halo from here. 90 lengths. Impressive! Mkx

on

Yes SunnyB, but the idea is that I had 140 calories left for the day, plus I was really hungry. I sometimes have a slice of ham with cream cheese inside. Anyway, back to Ryvita only 6 carbs so okay for me now and then, but it was the beetroot that really did it. Should also have said it was just a scraping of cream cheese ready for the pack to be thrown away, about 15 grams.

• posted by Doodledootoo
    on

So I didn’t lose anything according to the scales this morning. I stayed at 11st. I had a big weekend of cooked breakfasts, dinner out twice and some drinks but it was planned and I still felt that I was sticking closely to the bsd principles.
    Something good happened though at the weekend. I actually saw myself in the mirror and thought that it was the first time I really looked at myself and saw how my body shape has changed.
    Also had 3 people so far this week comment on my much smaller frame. No one has said anything up to now so pleased with that.
    I’m still aiming for 4 lb weight loss on this challenge.
    Thanks for all the ongoing support. It really does help.

Please log in or register to post a reply.