Calories and carbs

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by ROSIEHA
    on

Well I am half way through week 2. I lost 5.5 llbs week 1 and so far this week, another 3, so I am more than happy.
    I am 66, not pre or diabetic and have a fasting BG of 5, but want to remain healthy and loose 1 stone to get to 25 BMI.
    . I have read the book twice and can’t fi nd an answer to my query so I wonder if somebody can help p!ease.

I am eating an average of 900 c a day over the 10 days ranging from 745 to 1176c with carbs averaging 80+ over the 10 days.
    What I can’t find an answer to is if I am eating perhaps 100 c more a day than 800 recommended and 30 to 40 g of carbs more than the 50g that seems to be the optimum, I am loosing the weight but am I getting the health benefit of the diet, in reducing the correct sort of fat from the stomach liver and pancreas, that may make you I’ll. Or does the health benefit’s, excluding the weight loss, only happen with the 800c/50g combo.I hope you will understand what I am saying . thanks

• posted by shalimar
    on

Who knows? The book doesn’t really address the carbs count … it just mostly talks about good health, complex carbs over the simple carbs/starches/sugars that quickly enter the bloodstream.

The 50 g. of carbs (or less) is what many people here (on this site forums) have found works for their weightloss.

But we are not doctors … to find out if this is working for removing fat around the liver and pancreas … you will likely want to get a doctor to run the tests in the book …. before and after … or if you can only have before or after … i would say get that tested after you reach your other goals.

p.s. …. if that many carbs works for you … great … most of us try for less.

• posted by ROSIEHA
    on

Thanks for reply Shalimar, I totally agree with you. The book doesn’t make quite a few things clear. I feel it assumes a lot. But hey ho.

MM says in the book that they welcome comments- but where? I would like to think he, or somebody else involved would read these forums every so often.

At my recent health check, I had a job getting g them to have thyroid tested within the bloods they had taken. I have NO chance of getting g the tests that MM sugessts. We are not qualified doctors married to a GP!
    I have not eaten any complex carbs at all, but am having 2\3 pieces fruit daily and 1/2 pt ski med milk a day. I k now what to do if I need to reduce my simple carbs.

• posted by shalimar
    on

Complex carbs …. you don’t eat any beans, lentils, non starchy veggies, nuts, seeds?

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

You should be cutting out simple carbs and eating complex carbs, what are you eating. Maybe you have just got the terminology the wrong way round, simple carbs are potatoes, bread, rice, pasta, sugar and cereals. Complex carbs are found in vegetables, pulses like beans, soya protein like chickpeas, and nuts. Fruit is too carb dense and contains too much sugar so should be avoided if you are on the 800 cal 8 week diet. Although you are allowed berries, even tomatoes are high in sugar and carbs. Complicated, yes, but you soon get used to it. I don’t miss simple carbs at all, except when I walk past the fresh bread counter in our supermarket.

• posted by ROSIEHA
    on

Sorry both of you. Wrong way round . fruit is a problems I know that. I used to eat a lot plus 1 or 2 bananas a day .I am eating a lot of good non starchy vegetables. Its working for me, but I am one of those people who has to understand the ins and outs and totally understand in my head how these things work !!

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Okay, so you have got rid of the bad carbs, you are going low calorie and you are losing weight . I don’t think you are doing much wrong. We all make mistakes and even after 15 weeks I am still learning. Keep on with the diet, it clearly suits you and look forward to a healthier future. Keep asking questions, there is always someone to help.

Please log in or register to post a reply.