Attentively awesome August

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by alliecat
    on

Oh Birdy, I do remember your early days here with great fondness. You were like a gorgeous new puppy, circulating
    around the threads, and wagging your tail with excitement!!! It was quite impossible not to smile at your enthusiasm
    or feel the sunshine that radiated from you. I agree with JGwen though, you alone did this, and it’s been my pleasure
    to share your journey with you 🙂 Brush up on your French, Cutie! You’ll need it very very soon 🙂 🙂 🙂

• posted by Kafin13
    on

Congrats Birdy! And everyone else still plugging away through August. I’ve been consistent in my macros and attempted to fast yesterday for 42 hours (starting the night before and ending Today at 1pm) but felt absolutely nauseous and ended up with a bad headache that went away as soon as I ate. I’ll try again another time but I know it’s not for everyone and if I can’t function while trying to work then it’s not worth it.
    Cathy and Happyitsworking – looks like you’re on your way to a successful August!
    Wendy we are all thinking of you and happy that T gets to come home xxx

• posted by Elky
    on

Hi folks

Just dropping by to say that so far my August has been attentive but decidedly not awesome as this morning, after a week of not budging, the scales moved half a kilo in the wrong direction. I am telling myself that today is a brand new day and I shall hope for better results later in the month.

ClarinetCathy, I found the note that you posted to Kafin over on the Egg Fast thread really encouraging. I have loads to discard and it frustrates the heck out of me that it goes so slowly but, you’re right, slow and steady gets there too. I guess I didn’t put it on overnight…. Well, not every kilo, though I’m sure some kilos did magically appear while I was sleeping 😉

And JGwen, I really like your idea of regularly carrying around something that mimics the weight discarded to date. That is an excellent way to remind myself that there has been progress, even if it feels glacially slow at times.

Cheers, Elky

• posted by LouiseKangooroo
    on

Hello Attentive Awesomers People. I need you! I need you to give me a kick in the butt please. Not right now, but in about 10 days… There are good chances that this will be long forgotten but in the off chance that someone remembers, I would be forever grateful 🙂
    For some context : I have started this new WOE adventure 8 weeks ago and can’t believe how well it has progressed. I love the food, I love the way my body feels, I love the constant energy, I love not getting any cravings (that’s probably a first in my life!) and I love fitting in most of my old clothes. I have discarded 12kg / 26 lbs in 8 weeks and my waist/height ratio is down to “normal” level. There’s more fat to remove from my body as I am a Skinny Fat (although not skinny yet but you see my point, most of my weight is fat).
    Now for the kick in the butt… I have been at this exact same position before. Got to a shape where most of clothes fit, where I feel good, and then I got complacent and the weight crept back on. It seems that when I am getting close to goal my determination fades away.
    This time feels different as I have no intention of reverting to my previous diet anyway. I feel strong and don’t feel like the old story would repeat itself. HOWEVER I am about to depart for Bali, and there’s a high chance that my carbs won’t stay below 20gr. Im sure I’ll manage to keep them low, but how low…? So I’m scared that this will trigger the start of a slippery slop.
    I’m back in 10 days, so if anyone wants to volunteer to give me the BIGGEST KICK IN THE BUTT?! That would be awesome! 🙂 I aim to come back to a fat fast or maybe egg fast to gently get my body back to ketosis then after a few days get back to my new normal 4:3 routine.
    If anyone else would like a kick in the butt, I’m happy to volunteer haha 🙂

• posted by arcticfox
    on

Hi everyone, I’m very tired after my travels and a long day of listening to 175 or so very upset people tell me all about their problems that I had no answers to and could not solve. So I will catch up on posts tomorrow. Just wanted to pop in though and say that I was down a further 900g this morning from last night or 1.1kg from yesterday morning, putting me at 92.8. Very glad to be in the 92’s and happy to have already made it past half way to my goal for the month. I know things will slow down or stall as I get further into the month, so trying desperately hard to lose as much as I can in the first 2 weeks. I had a higher calorie day again today and won’t have access to my own scales again until probably Monday or Tuesday, so I’ll just do my best to stay on track and hopefully will at least not see any weight put back on or maybe even some more discard.

• posted by Dreamscometrue
    on

Morning all

Arcticfox hope you get some rest and that tomorrow is better. Well done for making such good progress despite all that’s going on around you. Louise Kangaroo your weight loss is truly awesome! I’m sure you will not pile it all back on again this time – you sound so resolute and as if you’ve turned a corner. But I will do my best to remember to kick your butt in around 8 weeks: I guess we’ll be on the October thread by then?

Cathy I am so pleased to see you back on here and moving forward. 4lb loss in just one week is amazing – really pleased for you and hope that the next few weeks will be much happier and on track for you. SueBlue are you still here? Hope all is well.

Hello to everyone else too. Dashing now as off to London for the day (in the rain!). But I’m doing ok – had put on a couple of pounds towards the end of July which has now come off again, so am once again plodding back towards my long term goal of 133lb. My priority at the moment is to get into new exercise routines as i have recently retired from full-time working so want to get firmly into good habits while I can and before I start some kind of part time work in the autumn.

Have a wonderful weekend everyone X

• posted by Californiagirl
    on

Just finished my 7th week in a row of my hill run “failure” workout, as Jennie got me started on!
    Has it gotten any easier? Not really, although I have started taking paperback books up to the student Center (I run up Bathwick hill to the University of Bath) where they have a “leave one take one” bookcase — I only leave books but it’s a great way to pass on reading material. My OH and I practically LIVE in Waterstones so there are plenty of paperbacks to pass on!
    So because I am now lugging books up the hill, maybe the run is a bit easier — maybe…
    Either way, it’s still about twelve HIT runs to get to the top — 30 seconds each, with a minute walk in between — at 30 seconds I am at max (this is uphill the whole way) — so still about the same.
    Motivation: Do I always want to do it? No, I often dread the hill-run-day and I tell myself I can WALK if I want to but I caNOT skip it!
    But, I always start with at least one run and that seems to be enough to spark my energy and I haven’t walked it yet!
    And that’s my update from Bath!

• posted by Violinist
    on

Very Awesome, Julia!!! Thank you for being so inspiring!!

Cat

• posted by KazzUK
    on

Happy Friday, awesomers!
    Violinist – have you had your cauli mash yet? I didn’t like it the one and only time I did it, but I have since found a recipe which is more of a puree and so I’m hoping that will be nicer… it was on dietdoctor.
    Well done, Julia! That is very inspiring indeed! We have an old telephone box at the end of my mum’s lane which has been converted into a mini library and walkers or runners can drop off and borrow paperbacks. Better than getting rid of the old traditional red telephone box. Yes, Waterstones is nirvana for me too but I now work too far away from our nearest branch here in Birmingham.
    I’ve been a bit pre occupied this week and I hate that feeling when you aren’t in the zone! So, this weekend I am re zoning and also planning some low carby meals for when I have my 4 besties come to stay for the weekend in early Sept. Two are veggie so I think it will be a veggie weekend for all of us. They all love this BSD way of eating and look forward to a “clean” weekend at mine!
    Hi Dreams, ArticFox, Birdy, Elky, Kirsten, Allie, Louise – hope you are all okay and chugging along! A very well done to both Birdy and Louise who are steaming along and nothing is getting in their way! So pleased for you.
    Quiet in the office today – just 2 PAs and 2 junior solicitors and 2 trainees. They’ve all gone up to the restaurant because it’s cod and chips! I’m happy to stay here and cover phones! 🙂
    Have a good weekend all xxxx
    Kazzeexx

• posted by Violinist
    on

Morning Kazz!
    I changed my mind and tonight will have roasted cauliflower because I am having too much cheese latel and my digestive system doesnt like that. I can tell you that I absolutely LOVE the Diet doc recipe for shepherds pie with cauli mix on top! Look at that one. Leftovers are even better!!

• posted by alliecat
    on

You’ve gone “all British” on us, Cat! Summer isn’t the season of the year when I want to eat hot food, but I may
    just take the leap myself in the Fall. When Kazzi is here in October, maybe I can engage her in showing me how it’s done!

• posted by KazzUK
    on

Absolutely Allie! Thanks Cat for the tip! I have all the ingredients for that so I’ll check it out!

• posted by Violinist
    on

Allie, it is summer all year here so I make whatever whenever. I love salads and hot meals. Now I also make a couple batches of veggie dishes so I have good stuff always available like brussell sprouts and bacon and asparagus and bacon, cauliflower dishes, mushroom and zucchini dishes. Just small amounts with my o elet or salad. I cannot eat eggs, heavy cream, corn, grains etc so have to use other things like avocado and these other veggies with my omelet and salad. I am actually not as hungry as last week as I slowly lower my calories, carbs and alcohol. I am definitely sleeping better, feeling better and lost a few pounds.

The news papers and tv broke with news about our crooked builders the day after firing them last week and now our new builder is there everyday along with the pool builders so here we go!! Says we can be in by Oct 1. I believe him

• posted by Violinist
    on

Kazz, the shepherd pie is one of my new favorites. So is bolognese and zoodles and old fashioned stew!!!!!

• posted by alliecat
    on

Oh Cat, what you and your husband have been through is the epitome of stress! You have done so very well with
    the BSD while having this extra burden placed upon you. You are right, I know my way around a construction site
    due to my experience as an interior designer. I’ve also managed jobs from breaking ground to completion, so
    I know all about co-ordinating the “trades” and waiting on building inspectors to sign off on various aspects
    of the work in progress. I am VERY HAPPY that the crook has been exposed in the media, so that he can’t perpetrate
    his next fraud on unsuspecting clients in the future. All fingers crossed for an Oct. 1 occupancy date. A private
    pool will be heavenly!!! 🙂

• posted by Violinist
    on

Thanks Allie!!

• posted by Frog
    on

bit late for joining August, but I’m not putting it off until September!
    I recognise a few names here – I did a long BSD stint in 2016, lost a lot but didn’t make my target, then took a break for Christmas…….. I’ve kept relatively low on carbs with meals, but developed (or rediscovered) a bit of a cake weakness – however I’m currently only a couple of kg above the weight I got down to in 2016, so quite pleased, and confident I can get back into BSD WOE without too many problems…. and ideally leave another 20kg.
    A very stressy year – work stuff caused a bit of a crisis, but I’ve had about ten months off and started a new job this week, so I’m thinking having a bit more of a routine is a good point to get back to sensible eating.
    Lots of therapy, some of it weight and emotional eating focussed, a mindfullness course and a ton of self help books. A friend recommended Geneen Roth who writes on emotional eating, and I found some of her books incredibly useful. I also did a creative writing course, which was brilliant, so I am going to keep on with that.

So – August! three weeks left, my target is to lose 3kg to kick of with. I’m going to a festival over August bank holiday weekend, so that may not be very BSD, but other than that no reason to keep with it.

Someone mentioned carb-cycling earlier in the thread – I didn’t do it in a scientific or planned way, but I did find when I did BSD before that when my weight plateaud for a few days, a real carbfest often got me back on track, and losing again, which sounds a bit counter-intuitive, but clearly not as mad as it seemed at the time.

• posted by LouiseKangooroo
    on

Thanks @dreamscometrue, I’ll need butt kicking on Monday week, so Aug 19 if my memory serves me right 😅
    That’s when I’m back home from my holiday and that’s when I’ll need to get back to clean WOE routine. If I don’t get back to it straight away, that’s the danger zone for me…
    Now I’m logging off and flying off to bali 🏖🍹🎉🎉🎉🎉

• posted by Birdy76
    on

Morning all hope everyone is having a good weekend!?❤️ I have been waxed and plucked within an inch of my life to get me ready for the beach🥰, I have had my nails done and eyelashes and I also got into two of my dresses that have been too small for a long long time! I just need somewhere posh to wear them😂😂.

It has made me more determined not to go off of this woe whilst on my hols! Like I have said before I will have a drink as I am on holiday, but no carbage will pass my lips food wise! I do not want my old body back. One more shift at the cafe and then I am done for two weeks. Can’t wait.

Have a great day everyone and I will see you all when I get back up. Birdy💞🦜

on

Bye bye Birdy! Have a fabulous holiday!

• posted by alliecat
    on

Have the time of your life, Birdy! I like your holiday strategy…It would be mine, too 🙂

• posted by ClarinetCathy
    on

Morning everyone

First week completed and a loss of 2lb to report. It had been 4lb but 2lb has crept back on. I’m happy with that for week one.

Here’s to week 2. It’s going to be a slow and steady race once again for me. 🐢 I am still very motivated to get to the elusive 133.

How is everyone else doing?

Cathy

• posted by wendleg
    on

Hi Cathy ! Well done and keep going !
    I was denied access to the forum yesterday, weird.
    August 12th.This will hopefully be a less eventful half of the month ! Visitors, family popping in and out. I stay focused whatever anyone else wants to eat. It is usually pretty easy with lots of green salad and a bit of protein. Hubby is enjoying eating real food and is recovering although still in quite a lot of pain.

Birdy, I will have my beady eye on you 😉
    Well done for getting back on track, Frog. Hope this is amore settled time for you .Try to tell yourself that cake is not your friend !
    Cat, sorry about your building woes and very much hoping the last stretch is uneventful so you can finally anticipate moving into your lovely new home.
    Hi Julia ! I hope Bath is not too wet for you . We have had much needed rain in France too.
    So a big hug to everyone .I need to check on the weekly thread too xxx

• posted by JGwen
    on

Hi Wendy, the blocking of subscribers and needing to contact admin to get access to the forum routine has happened in the past as well and I think happened to a lot of people on the forum recently. – Although the message from admin is suggesting that its the anti spam being particularly pickie at present I think it may be something that happens periodically. – I know that it has happened twice before in the 20 months I have been a forum member.
    Maybe its about cleaning the membership list.
    Or trying to prevent “bots” automated accounts monitoring the forum for marketing companies.
    Or it could be to highlight to admin cases of people creating multiple ids on the forum.

• posted by Violinist
    on

Good morning from Florida folks!
    Wendy, thanks for the thoughts on our building issues. I am happy your hubby is home and healing. It is good to have help. My poor hubby had to take care of me when I broke my ankle a couple of years ago and it was har for me to watch him. It is so overwhelming when you don’t normally do the cooking, grocery shopping etc. So help is a good thing!

I continue to cut carbs down and made my first fathead pizza (I have ordered it out at least every two weeks). I just love this pizza!!! Also tried low carb bread but hate the smell of phsyllium husk powder so that pizza crust got thrown out. I would love the tuna marinade also, Wendy!

By, bye birdy, I like that Julia! Enjoy Birdy!

• posted by chunkyd
    on

Hello everyone!
    Jumped onto here after Judicious July. Monday is my weigh-in day, and I can report a 2.6 lbs loss since last Monday, and 2.2 lbs the week before that. Total weight loss since 1sy July is 15.6 lbs so I’m very happy with that, and on my way to a goal of 22 lb loss by 1st September when I fly to the USA to visit my elderly father.
    My first try at this way of eating was January 2017 (same as Clarinet Cathy) and I loss 35lbs between 1st January 2017 and 1st June 2017 (after 8 weeks and 25 lb loss I relaxed on wine and some carbs but lost a further 10 lbs in 3 months). Over the following 18 months most of my weight was back on, but I’m determined to keep it off this time. I’m going to be relaxed when on holiday in the States, but then back on it for however long it takes to lose a total of 38 lbs.
    I don’t get an opportunity to read all the posts here but hope everyone is doing ok. If you are losing – huge congrats! If you are struggling – keep going, this is the only diet that has ever worked for me in terms of weight loss over about 8 or 10 lbs and I have found it much ‘easier’ than I thought I would.

• posted by Kafin13
    on

Hi everyone – I think we’re two weeks into August, I’ve been working days and nights so trying to catch up on my two down days before we go again! I have lost a little but until I know it has stuck, I’m not ready to confidently say! But, I can say that I have been very “attentive” and for that I’m proud. Especially since I have been on a movie set with catering (not as fancy as it sounds, mostly we are set up under a tent in a parking lot or a field and it is buffet so there’s no option to ask what’s in what!) but there is always a beef, chicken and fish dish plus salad greens. Sometimes we get cooked veggies too. Always a dessert, like cookies and fresh fruit plus bread rolls. I’ve stuck to just protein and salad greens with a little dressing. I haven’t been overly conscious about portion size because mostly we’re just grabbing and running and I spend a lot of the day lifting and hefting things around so I’m usually ravenous. If it’s a morning shoot, we have a “walking breakfast” which is usually a breakfast burrito (which I love BTW!), fresh fruit and pastries but I got lucky and they also had scrambled eggs and bacon so I stuck to that. Plus I’ve been doing the food styling for the movie so surrounded by all kinds of Italian food for the last scene that I had to make, fancy breads and desserts. I do all the buying, cooking and plating for it and am completely responsible so I can eat it if I want! So, when I say, I’m proud, in the past, I would have taken full advantage of all this free food (what is it about free food??) and picked all day, but I did not have a thing!!!
    My goal was no nuts, cheese or chocolate (along with stringent macros) and I did pretty well except for too many walnuts last night, which I only had in the house because I have all this leftover food from the shoot. Back on the no nuts again today!
    Have a great vacation, Birdy, can’t wait to hear how all the dresses are received!!
    Cathy – that’s a great first two weeks, slow and steady team wins the race! 🐢🐢
    Wendy, I admire your resolve sticking to your own WOE while you have so many visitors coming and going, plus all the recent stress and I bet everyone is marvellng over how great you look 💕
    Violinist – what is a fathead pizza??? I made one with a cauliflower crust once which was good but the cauliflower made it taste a little sweet for my liking. I have some physillium husk but have yet to try using it for anything. Must go have a sniff 😁
    Chunkyd – what a great August for you, you;re getting close to your goal before your trip!
    Hope everyone else is doing well xxx

• posted by happyitsworking
    on

Violinist did you make the fathead pizza on the Diet dr site? I have been wanting to make it myself.

• posted by Violinist
    on

Happy, OMG!!!!! I did and I Love it so very much AND it is so so easy! It is my favorite pizza even before take out pizza!!

• posted by Violinist
    on

Kafin, you made me laugh!

• posted by sixturkeys
    on

I have been off the forum for a few days. A bit deflated (only metaphorically, sadly) as scales going nowhere and my belly jelly seems even worse….I can now scrunch it up in two distinct rolls, the sporran and (major) bit above belly button. 12 lbs or so would get me to my original target, which seems so close and yet so far…..and that might not crack the tummy issue. I had been discarding since starting in January, despite not being really on plan…Oh well…Kafin, you are doing amazingly; lots of free food to hand would be so tempting for me, and it is really not easy to pass on it. You should feel proud of yourself! Wendleg, hope all is well with you. And everyone else! We shall have to agree on a title for a September thread soon. Elky, EC and Duckie, I have watched a few episodes of Love It or List It Australia on rainy and lazy afternoons recently, and all i can think of is the not so wee timorous beasties lurking in the undergrowth in the back yards…. Were Queenslanders built on stilts in an attempt to keep them out? Elky, your story of tree surgeons and chainsaws and the “BIG ONES”….

• posted by Kafin13
    on

6T – you’ve discarded so consistently but that’s probably no consolation right now. Would you consider trying the egg fast? I don’t mean to laugh at your “sporran” but if it makes you feel better, I’ve always called the outside of my thighs, “ballast” 😁
    Stupendous September? Swimwear September? Sweaty September (focus on exercise??)? Sweet Spot September? Blood sugar, sweat and tears September? Swimmingly September? Suck it up September (where we focus on making the decisions right for us, not to accommodate those around us and we stop making excuses and just do it!). Simple September (back to basics??), shock and awe September? I can go on…no big plans today 😆

• posted by Elky
    on

Oh 6T you do make me laugh with your wildlife worries! No, Queenslanders are on stilts for airflow, the height wouldn’t keep the critters away, spiders and snakes can climb. Though of course the stilts give them something handy to grab onto when they get washed by in a flood, considerate of the colonial architects when you think about it… I’m sorry, I’m sorry, I’m just winding you up, I’ll stop now, I promise 😊

And I’m sorry to hear that you’re a bit flat just now. You have done so well with this WOE, discarding many turkeys and getting into teeny tiny little jeans – and you’ve achieved all that when you say you haven’t really been on plan!! Don’t be too sad about the belly, I remember you and JGwen discussing this and agreeing that the increased wobble was positive as it is the precursor to reduction. Hang in there, think where you were this time last year. (I assume, since I wasn’t here then either.) Do you still have any of your last summer’s clothes in the house? If so you should go and get something out and put it on – that will remind you how much you’ve achieved. Sending virtual hugs, hon.

Violinist, huge thumbs up on the fathead pizza, isn’t it amazingly good?! I use the version that’s in the low-carb spinach mushroom galette recipe on the Diet Doctor site. Happy, definitely give it a go, it’s delicious.

Kafin, how have we not discussed fathead pizza?? Check out that galette recipe, it’s sooooo good. Though I do not get 8 servings out of it, I have nothing like that much willpower.

My August continues to be attentive but not awesome, but I am plugging away, something has to happen eventually, right? 😊

And Kafin I do not support Swimwear September!! Just the thought brings me out in hives, eeeekkkkk!

Cheers, Elky

• posted by Kafin13
    on

Elky – I just looked it up!! Yum , no I don’t think we did discuss and yeah I don’t think I’m an 8 serving kind of girl. One is more my favorite number 😆
    We’re in swimsuit season now but I might have missed the boat on that this year! Next year 😆. Ok, consider it stricken from the list …but now you must replace it with another option for the ballot 🗳

• posted by Elky
    on

Oh dear, I don’t have your creative flair for naming these monthly challenges, Kafin… but anything to avoid Swimwear September…

The best I can suggest is Sensible September because that’s how I plod along with this WOE, just trying to be sensible and take it slowly. But I readily admit that’s not very imaginative or inspiring!

Elky

• posted by arcticfox
    on

Hi all, I’ve definitely not been very awesome the last few days. I start out trying to be attentive but find that goes by the wayside by mid-afternoon. Too many nuts and some chocolate sneaking in. It also hasn’t helped that my mum is on a baking frenzy most days preparing for the annual show and I’ve been sucumbing to too many bits of ‘try this’. I did get to see my horse yesterday for the first time since I moved him. He is doing well and has maintained his weight by scoffing an entire 700lb bale of hay in 3 weeks. Oh to have the metabolism of an ex-racehorse! I wish we could swap metabolisms actually; he’d be cheaper to feed.
    Kafin and Elky – I have to agree that swimwear September may be rather premature for those of us who still have lots to lose, as well as starting to be a bit out of sync with the season for both northern and southern hemispheres. I do like ‘Suck it Up September’ though, as I definitely have to start knuckling down. My 5 days of discard at the beginning of the month has shown me that I can lose weight if I really put in the effort. I’m back home tomorrow and dreading weighing myself as I’m sure I’ve put some weight back on, but it will be nice to get back on piste again.

• posted by JGwen
    on

Hi guys,
    1 Not swimwear September for me either, maybe next year for the same reason as 6Turkeys. I can not only roll my stomach horizontally, but also vertically. – It gets better. 🙂 my thighs are also changing in the same way. – When I sit down I can see the shape my thighs will be with a roll of fat forming on either side. Also like 6T I can see shape changes occurring and fat rolls getting more flexible and an inch loss occurring but no scale changes.

I am counting it as a positive, it must be happening because thats the area of fat my body is now working on. So that presumably means my body has worked its way through the other fat around organs, and is working on the larger stores of fat under the skin.

I am glad I have learnt about autophagy, so I am not too worried about having loose skin at the end of this process.

You can get into a good game with yourself trying to estimate how many inches / lbs will be discarded when each roll is discarded.

• posted by sixturkeys
    on

Thanks for the pep talk! Elky I did dig out an old skirt which I was delighted to get back into back in March I think (having started early Jan), and yes the visual cue of now being able to pull the waistband out and look down into space does feel good. JGwen, I’ll keep a very close eye on hopefully small but key reductions in rolls (vertical/horizontal malleability – same here…). I agree that Swimwear September might be a step too far. Sensible is good, or Serious, or Seriously Sensible? I need to get back to basics and repeat January…..Have a lovely day all!

• posted by JGwen
    on

Hi 6T,
    To help give you confidence I remember having an ooooohhhhhh s**t moment when I realised how my arms had changed. – I had spent a weekend on a hedge laying course and as I drove home I suddenly realised I had bat wings. – But over the next couple of months the level of floppyness reduced.
    Not in a popeye state yet, but I have recently bought myself a post knocker to try to do some of the fencing work on soft ground for myself so you never know.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Firstly, apologies for being absent again, whilst fielding grandchildren and so on. I have been trying to keep an overview of what has been happening here and it seems a good number of posters have been able to report discards, however, I’m not going to try to make specific comments, so will just say congrats to all those who have seen reductions and commiserations to those who are struggling.

Personally, I am able to report a very modest reduction in weight since last posting, so I now have 3lb to discard to get back to target weight, with 5 weeks to go to our next trip away. There are a couple of social w/e’s scheduled in that time, but I am determined to manage these using the BSD principles, so that I can go off to India under target weight.

Last grandchild goes home today, so I will be doing my best to get back to the forum community properly and look forward to being part of the conversation again.

• posted by Elky
    on

Oooh, Seriously Sensible September has a suitably pulling-our-socks up sound – I like it, 6T. And the timing might be about right for a good dose of that: for those of us in the southern hemisphere, summer—with its revealing clothes—is just around the corner so focussing on bulge reduction is welcome; for those in the northern hemisphere, it’s a chance to get back on track after maybe letting the hair down a little on August holidays.

(And I’m glad the too big skirt made you feel better 😊)

Arcticfox, it is hard to stay on track when you’re away from home – and especially if you’re being tempted by potentially award-winning baking! There’s still half of the month to go, so maybe we can be super attentive and awesome for the last two weeks? And I’m glad your horse is doing well! Yes, I guess there’s some truth to the old expression “eat like a horse”, eh? 😉

JGwen I am keeping my fingers crossed on my tuck shop lady arms too (bat wings in case that doesn’t translate!). I fear I am crediting autophagy with slightly mystical powers, but you never know…

Sunny, good to hear August is heading in the right direction for you!

Cheers, Elky

• posted by arcticfox
    on

Yes, 6T and Elky, putting the Seriously in front of Sensible September does make it sound much more like pulling up of socks will occur. I like it too!
    Just reporting in that my weigh in this morning shows that I put on 0.6kg whilst away. I don’t think that is too bad considering – more than a pound, but less than a kilo! I’m doing a couple of very attentive days in a row to try to get it off before the end of the week. I ate very low carb on my way home yesterday and had a carb flu headache by the time I got home, so that tells you that I was eating much higher carb over the last week. I’m feeling much more relaxed not having been to work this week, so hopefully the reduction in stress levels will help me lose the weight as well. Must get it off before my end of the month water retention gain! I’m sitting at 93.4kg, so 3.4kg to go until goal weight for the month. Fingers crossed I can do it!

• posted by arcticfox
    on

I’m currently weighing every day to keep myself on track. After losing 0.8kg since yesterday, I am down to 92.6kg, so back in the 92’s again, and looking forward to seeing the back of them. If I’m optimistic, the 2.6kg to go until reaching my end of month goal seems acheiveable, but I know the 2nd half of the month is going to be much harder. I have another 800 calorie day planned today, and then I’ll see how things are. I will likely have to go up in calories for the next couple of days to meet my iron intake goal for the week.

• posted by Jennie10
    on

Hi everyone
    arcticfox – sounds like you’re doing great, and weighing yourself every day is a great way of staying on track. I don’t really know kgs, but can understand getting rid of the 92s will be a good thing!. 2.6kg is definitely achievable whatever the obstacles the rest of the month throws up. You can do it xx
    Well, I have totally flunked being attentive or awesome so far in August. My goal was to focus on getting in my 10,000 steps every day as a way of just generally staying active. After a first few good days I pretty much stopped. I haven’t even had my pedometer on half the days. I’ve still managed to get to the gym/exercise classes apart from this last week when I was away, but that wasn’t my aim for this month. My problem is, as soon as things e.g. family life, get busy, my focus on my personal priorities goes out the window. (Of course, it could also be an excuse for me to not bother). Whatever the reason, I’m back on here making a commitment to step up (and step out!) for the rest of the month.

Hope everyone else is doing better than me, and if not, there’s still time to do things differently.

I also like Seriously Sensible September.

Have a great weekend everyone.

Jennie xx

• posted by Dreamscometrue
    on

Hi Jennie

Similar to you I have not been as attentive as I’d liked so far this August. My best regular routine for weight loss to date is 16:8 – skipping breakfast then a light lunch and dinner. But being on “school hols” – even though I’m not going back in September – am a bit all over the place.

I’m managing to maintain my weight at around 138lb but not hitting the fitness targets I’d aimed for. 10000 steps per day plus one other activity. Getting there but still a way to go. Also with it being summer holidays I’m socialising and drinking a lot. Have various breaks coming up in September so tbh it might be October when I finally get my act together!!! And might even get to goal after almost 3 years!!

Sometimes I feel a bit of a fraud on here because even though I’m committed to this WOE long term, there are times when I know I compromise by fasting most of the day then hitting the wine and snacks before a healthy BSD OMAD. So a bit all over the place, but need to get more focused for more positive health and weight management.

But having said that, being part of this thread is a joy and keeps reminding me that I CAN do this – even if I’m wandering off piste a bit. You are all such an inspiration, and I hope to celebrate with you soon once I start making a bit more progress :@

• posted by ClarinetCathy
    on

Maintaining at 138 DCT is awesome! Well done. You’re five pounds from your goal!!

Jennie- managing 10000 steps every day can be difficult but well done for making a commitment to keep on! Never giving up is the key to success.!

Arctic fox- I am weighing every day too but not worrying if the scales go slightly up on a daily basis as long as every Monday there is a drop from the previous Monday. I can become obsessed with scales and they do have the power to motivate my mood depending on what they say!

I am doing reasonably OK at the moment and still feel motivated. The reason is that I have put on a fair amount of weight over the last couple of months and I really am hoping I can lose 4lb per month. I am hoping for a 2lb loss on Monday. I am considering a fast tomorrow to help the scales on Monday. I am still aiming for 133 lb by December. This will take me to the top of my healthy BMI but at 58 I think I look good at 133lb. I am currently 147 lb so 14 lb to go! I have bought a black velvet jumpsuit to wear at Christmas and it is a size 10. I have tried it on today and it a little too tight but that is going to motivate me. I am determined to look and feel my best by the time December comes. Here is what I am planning…… Awesome August, Sensible September, Organised October, Nearly there November and Done it December!!!

We are halfway through Awesome August- still time to make a difference. Keep attentive everyone and let’s make this work!

on

Good Sunday morning attentively awesome friends!
    On this past Friday 16 August, the Telegraph had a Women’s Sport Pullout titled “One Size Doesn’t Fit All” — all about body image.
    It is full of inspiring stories about women (sorry guys) and sports, no matter what their body shape or size.
    It is a heart-lifting bit of reading! Try to find a copy! I have one if someone wants me to mail it — just send me your address and I’ll drop it in the mail.
    My favourite quote, from Jessamyn Stanley, an extremely unlikely yogi, is:
    “ your life is bigger than your pant size”.

• posted by Violinist
    on

Morning across the pond, Julia! You are awesome!

on

Thanks Violinist! You too!!
    How is house building and pool building going? I hope swimmingly! 🤪

• posted by arcticfox
    on

Well, as predicted, weight loss has now stalled, and I gained 0.7kg overnight, in spite of a really good day yesterday. Back in the 93’s. I know I said I wanted to see the back of the 92’s, but I was thinking it would be in the opposite direction! Even though food was fine yesterday, the only place I can think I fell down was on my fluid intake, so I will try to do better today with that. I’ll be back on the dandelion tea and low salt as well in case it is water retention again. I think my main hope for the rest of the month now is that I at the very least don’t put on as much as I did last month, so that I can keep the downward trend going at the beginning of September.

Please log in or register to post a reply.