Attentively awesome August

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Birdy76
    on

Morning from me guys (on nights so it is morning to me😂). So lovely to see so many giving this AA a go! Lovely also to see newbies joining in too! Welcome and good luck on your journey’s. We are all here to support one another and being in the same boat helps us understand each other and our need to discard the weight that has hindered us for so long!

It doesn’t matter if you discard slowly or fast it is not a race and we are all completely unique, what works for one may not work for another, so please do not worry I am sure with tweaking to fit us we will succeed. Hope you all a great start to our AA❤️ I am fasting but completely by accident😂😂. Hugs Birdy 💞🦜

• posted by wendleg
    on

Hello everyone
    I will definitely be with you throughout August..last push until I go back to school. I will see how I got on with the egg fast to find out my starting point.
    We are a bit down today..a normal reaction 2/3 days after an accident apparently. Hubby is a bit frustrated…pain is a struggle at times when he gets moved and he will be in hospital for several more days yet. Good news is that he doesn’t need a drain for fluid etc around the lungs. Got to be positive !
    My digestive system seems to have shut down today so looks like my egg fast lasted 4 days. I will hopefully transition to normal food tomorrow hoping I haven’t messed up.the fast principles.
    Good luck to everyone as this month begins .xxx

• posted by LimitedEditionBonusPack
    on

Hi Everyone. Today I am at 173.4lbs so that is my official start weight for August. My goal is to be down to 163 lbs by the end of August, so 10 lbs. I am not worrying about exercise yet, as I want to get the diet down first, but I am going to try to be more generally active. At 5’6″ I have been hovering over the line between overweight and obese, so I definitely need to get back in the healthy range. I’d really like to lose my desired weight by the end of this year.

• posted by Sandy47
    on

Thanks Lucias, look forward to following your/our progress. And thanks to 6turkeys for setting up this thread. Sandy x

• posted by Birdy76
    on

Hi LEBPack. Fab handle by the way. I am sure you will do very well on this. I find trying out small/medium goals work quite well. They give the short sharp boost of the time limit. If we do not succeed it still does not matter as we can set another one. Also I find if I only discard some of the target weight it means the next time I am still starting from a lower number😂. Good luck and we look forward to herring from you and your discards as the month progresses. Birdy 💞🦜

SG thanks xx

• posted by sixturkeys
    on

I had my one day in the office today; nice to be told by someone who I saw last week, but when I was wearing different clothes, that I am “really shrinking”. I am not setting any specific targets for August – I have ordered the new smaller jeans, but they will just be there in the background, I will just see how I get on. For more recent joiners, I picked “sixturkeys” back in January this year, representing 24 kgs (when I was 13 1/2 stone (86 kgs), at 5’2″, and in size 18 jeans). It was then just a seemingly un-achievable aspiration, I just thought I should pick some random target . I have only very rarely counted, and there have been numerous blips, but today I was 68.5 kgs , and my size 12 jeans are baggier round the bottom/hips and the overflow round the waist has long gone. I’m not looking for compliments, it’s just to show that just dropping stodgy carbs/processed rubbish etc and just giving some thought to fresh delicious food, and when to eat it, will, slowly but surely, have an effect. So 62 kgs doesn’t look that pie-in-the -sky today. I also wanted to say (lapsed Catholic, Allie – it’s the guilt thing..) that i know I have been a right pain on occasions on this forum. I started off badly with sparks with Allie, then I had bot-gate with Birdy, then I had JGwen gently pointing out that she could anticipate what might prompt a reaction…But through all this, I have been made welcome (back). Everyone is so gentle, generous, and understanding. For that, thank you!

• posted by Sandy47
    on

That’s fantastic 6turkeys, well done! That’s what I love about this diet (ahem) way of eating. I never dreamed I’d discard as much weight as I have done already, had resigned myself to struggling with it for the rest of my life until my kick up the backside. Now, here I am aiming for another 15lbs to reach a target that I previously wouldn’t have considered realistic. Ever. Thank you Dr M, Jason Fung, Gary Taubes and Co! And all you wonderful people here of course. I’m sure there must be a lot of other folks reading who don’t post much, if at all, and you don’t realise how much you’re all helping them. Have a good day/evening/night everyone. Sandy x

• posted by Dreamscometrue
    on

Hello friends old and new. This already feels like a good solid group! I have a good feeling about it and hope that we all make some progress towards where we want to be.

I posted earlier that one of my goals is to get back into a regular exercise routine. Like you Jennie, I’ve decided that I’m going to do 10000 steps per day, plus something else – be it swimming or free weights, or some kind of class or gym routine. This is the plan anyway; I’m very good at planning but not so much at following through 😉

Anyway, I’m away at the moment visiting my elderly mother, so food choices are not completely on plan and I will get fully on board on Monday. But today I thought the least I can do is 10000 steps. I have just retired to my room and with various errands today was up to around 8800. So I decided “ no excuses” and just marched round the room for around 15 minutes until I felt the FitBit frenzy marking 10000 steps. Had anyone seen me they would have thought I was crazy but who cares?! (Even more so because I was whistling The Proclaimers 500 miles – reworded to 10000 Steps! – to myself!!). Determination does make you do weird things but hey, the end result will hopefully be worth it!

Good luck everyone – we’ve got this! X

• posted by SueBlue
    on

Hi all, lovely to see so many old friends in this thread and lots of new names too 🙂
    DCT you made me chuckle with your method of making up steps – I used to do the same thing when I wore a fit bit – I’d walk up and down the hallway to make up steps to goal.
    I have been walking an average 10,000 steps per day since the beginning of July. Some days it’s 8000 but the next it’s 14000 so it all evens out. Actually since early April I’ve walked 987,000 steps according to the Heart Foundation step tracking app I have on my phone 🙂
    Cathy – sending you love and best wishes x
    I’m drawing a line under July which didn’t go as planned for various reasons, however I did lose 1.2kg overall so not all bad.
    My goal for August is to lose at least 2kg and hopefully 2.5kg (I’m a very slow loser). I plan to keep up my walking and to eat mainly to plan. I say mainly because I have a free trial box of groceries coming next week from Hello Fresh. My daughter loves it as you get a box of meal ingredients with recipe cards, she said the meals are healthy and use lovely fresh ingredients however I may have to adapt my own servings to fit in with BSD.
    Good luck everyone, let’s do this 👍

• posted by Kafin13
    on

That’s really great, 6T – you have made so much progress and it doesn’t sound like you have had any blips at all!
    Hi to everyone else joining and posting, I’m a bit behind today so will have a read of everything before I go to bed. 😊

• posted by WoodDuckie
    on

.Hi everyone! Calling on those woith superior knowledge and experience than myself please!!!!! I was reading a Medical Newsletter today and after clicking on some interesting headings came across this little gem and it set me wondering . . . perhaps this s for those on Fast800 or no BSL issues – bit then . . .?
    “”””Heading: Consider carb cycling
    Carb cycling involves eating very low-carb foods for a set amount of days, followed by one day of eating higher carb meals. This helps the body avoid fat-burning plateaus that can develop after weeks of low-carb dieting.
    Carb cycling is not for everyone, and anyone considering it should talk to their doctor or nutritionist first.””””
    and another from the same “Newsletter”:
    “””””Why follow a low-carb diet?
    Many people follow low-carb diets on the basis that if the body does not receive extra carbohydrates, it will not store excess fat.
    The idea, then, is that the body will burn some of the stored fat rather than the carbs, which will promote fat loss.
    Research from 2003 in the New England Journal of Medicine found that people who followed a low-carb diet lost more weight than those on a low-fat diet after 6 months, but not after 12 months. The study noted that “longer and larger studies are required to determine the long-term safety and efficacy of low-carbohydrate, high-protein, high-fat diets.”””””
    Looks like they have covered their bases with disclaimers etc., but . . . Im wondering if this might have something of substance . . . and maybe something someone might be willing to try . . .? I have my HbA1c’s coming and Im doing everything I can to keep my bsl’s as far down as possible . . . if this blipped for me . . .:( Thanks for any thoughts. Quack! Quack! Duckie xxx

• posted by Jennie10
    on

DCT – you made me chuckle, too – but what a great song to march to – (got it on Youtube now…..’Well, I would walk 500 miles…… da, da, da, da……).

SueBlue – that’s an amazing number of steps. I think I might add up my steps for the month out of interest. A friend of my husband was telling me not long ago how they get a box with meal ingredients and recipe cards sent to them – not sure which company it is – but he and his wife really like it. They like the freshness and the variety.

6T, like Sandy says, that’s a great result. From size 18 to loose size 12 jeans – that really is something to celebrate.

Sandy, isn’t it a great feeling. Like you, I’d stopped believing I could lose weight after years of yo-yo dieting, and yet have done it with this way of eating, as well as recovering my health. I’ll also be always thankful to MM, Jason Fung and others, too.

Hi LEBP – like Birdy, I set lots of small, easily reachable goals along the way and one of my favourites was getting into a lower BMI category. Sounds like you’ll soon be shifting down one lower, and it won’t be too long before you’ll get into that healthy BMI range.
    10lb for the month is a good target, and your target for the end of the year is completely achievable (yes, my head’s been quietly turning to the end of the year, too).

Luciaslife – hope things are going well.

Have a good weekend everyone. Wendy, in particular, I hope things improve for you and your husband.

I got my steps in OK yesterday (10,472). So, I’m going to an exercise class at 11am; if I get my act together now I’ll be able to walk there and back.

Jennie xx

• posted by LouiseKangooroo
    on

WoodDuckie, I read about carbs cycling too, usually for athletes though. Haven’t read much more about it as carbs won’t be part of the picture for a little while.
    An article come upon my desk today about low carbs diet that might have an effect on increasing a marker that has been linked to heart disease?! Lots of might and may though.

• posted by wendleg
    on

Hello everyone, just checking in. August hasn’t started off brilliantly with hubby’s accident and it looks like he will be in hospital for at least another week, with maybe rehab etc after that.
    Anyway, weirdly I seem to have lost all desire for food. I managed 4 days on the egg fast and yesterday, Day 5 I could not even face coffee, whether bullet proof or not and forced myelf to eat 3 scrambled eggs when I got back from the hospital.
    I am sleepy badly because I have very achy legs which came on yesterday . Tried the soap, got up in the night for salt flakes..Nothing worked. It continued today but seems to have eased a bit after having a black coffee in the hospital …? I am drinking loads but I just have no appetite. Am I running on high powered ketones following the egg fast, I dunno .
    I am not sure whether I should just run with it and not eat as I don’t fancy anything ( I tried eating a few almonds and dark choc this morning thinking I was deficient in magnesium and I didn’t even enjoy that which as you know is unheard of for me.I don’t know if I need to keep my fats up ??
    For info I was down 2 kilos this morning which included a virtual fast day at the end of the week.
    It remains to be seen if I can maintain that discard.

Love to everyone.I will check on the weekly thread too xx

• posted by LimitedEditionBonusPack
    on

Thanks Birdie and Jennie ☺ This forum is so encouraging! Looking at my TDEE it seems like 8 lbs per month might be more realistic with the deficit created by the 800 cals unless I start doing light exercise, which I should do. I’m going to keep my goal of 10 lbs per month.

I’m so sorry about your husband Wendleg. When I go through stress usually it makes me want to eat, but very traumatic stress has caused me to lose my appetite completely before, and for me it takes time to recover if that happens. I hope your appetite comes back soon, and that your legs settle down so you are able to keep your energy up. Maybe treat yourself to a magnesium foot bath and see if that helps ☺

• posted by Violinist
    on

Good afternoon all!
    Thanks to sixturkeys for starting the August thread.

My thoughts are in the present and future. What can I do today to make the day better for myself and hubby, and what do I want January 1 ,2020 to look like?
    For me that means concentrating on good nutrition and exercise, positive thoughts, volunteering. It means having music in my life and practicing faith, patience and love, of course. It means sharing with you guys and being supportive.

KOKO
    Catherine

• posted by Kafin13
    on

I like that, Catherine. You summed it all up nicely and reminded me of a few areas I need to put some work in. Sometimes the physical things we can do are a lot easier than the mental things. 💕

• posted by Sani
    on

Hello everyone,
    I started on 16th July and plan was to follow the Fast 800, have not done it very precisely and calories intake has bee just over 800 on a few days. I really felt sick on very low carb so not on very low carb anymore. I have stopped rice, pasta, bread etc completely but find it to difficult to give up on fruit ( no bananas though). I lost 3.2 kg in 15 days and hoping to do another 3 kg in August. I have been reading and enjoying everyone’s posts in different forums and probably will be rather quiet member here as well. Just want to say thanks for all the encouraging posts and friendly advice, some of you are real experts now.

• posted by Jess65
    on

Hi all, I would like to join on for August, managed to discard 4lbs in July but with only 11lb to hit a healtthy weight it’s slow going, hit a 2 1/2 week plateau in July even though breathalyser was saying in ketosis but now on a downward trend again …, don’t stop even when the scales stand still or bounce up … it’s just water or a blip … keep going 😃 going on holiday all inclusive next week aiming to keep low carb but will allow some alcohol and get back on track when I get home. Gym now set up in the garage ….. just need to use it 😂

• posted by Violinist
    on

A good Florida morning folks! Stepped on the scales to find 4 lbs gone! I have really been focusing on good fats and veggies. Looks like it works!

Allie, I read somewhere here that the BSD staff say that you should only do the 800 for up to twelve weeks and then after that you need to do it under a doctors care. Is that what you did for those 10 months?

• posted by Violinist
    on

Kafin, thanks! Although I don’t post as much as many, I do read all your posts. I am on daily, so thank you for all your activity

• posted by Violinist
    on

Although it is only 3:21 here, allow me to ramble on a bit. Ah yes, another new week full of possibilities. I think I was saying somewhere else here that this is the one month I do not have a regular schedule of daily activities. Our orchestra, the church bible studies and my volunteer work slows down due to people on vacations. I am taking this opportunity to get out in the cool early morning air and get that walk in. If the rain would stop I would also get my lap swimming in. The temp is in the muggy 90’s here.

I have also mentioned that hubby and I are having a house built. We had to fire our dishonest builders and have a county approved, excellent builder. The house should be done by October. The pool is being built as we speak! Hubby’s days are spent at the new home, maybe 6 miles from here.

As many of you know, I am a 62 year old retired accountant fro New York. I have 9 brothers and sisters, 4 children and 8 grand children. There are 41 of us in my immediate family. My mom will be 92 next birthday.

You all inspire me so much. From the recipes to the life stories, I am so impressed with your fortitude. And Wendleg, so sorry to hear about your OH accident. May my prayers reach you across the pond.

Have a peaceful and loving Sunday, my virtual friends!

Catherine

• posted by Violinist
    on

Sani and Jesse, welcome to a very nice neighborhood!

• posted by ClarinetCathy
    on

Hello everyone
    I’ve been away this weekend and had time to think. I feel it’s now time to draw a line under a very unhappy few weeks and start with renewed enthusiasm and positivity.
    Here is my plan and my aim for August/September/October/November – four months of total BSD dedication. When I embarked on BSD in January 2017 I was so excited to try this way of eating. I am as excited again to get back on the wagon and lose the weight that’s slowly crept on over this year. So here goes……
    1. Brave the scales tomorrow after not getting weighed for ages – dreading it! Clothes are getting tighter!!
    2. I will post my weight every Monday morning – no weekly weight loss predictions or expectations- stick to BSD and wait for results!
    3. I will to be back at goal by end of November – 133 lb.
    Good luck to everyone who has already started on their August adventure. Mine begins tomorrow.
    Great to share this thread with some very old friends and nice to see lots of new ones too.

Cathy

• posted by alliecat
    on

What a lovely post, CC! I’m glad that you’ve formulated a plan, and we will all be here to travel this road with you!
    I veered off the track myself in the Spring, but have quickly reversed a slight weight gain. I got a bit too cavalier
    about weighing myself weekly, but it has been quickly reversed, and I know that you will do the same. You have
    all the tools, and I know that you will be successful! Water glasses UP 🙂

• posted by Scottishgal
    on

I’ve been aiming to join this thread since it started but I guess things got in the way.
    Anyway, I’m here now to join the August journey. I’m determined to get back on track. Weight is stable at the moment but bg slowly increasing. My goal for this month is to be good and get everything back under control again.
    Good luck to everyone else and hope we all have an attentively awesome August.

• posted by Birdy76
    on

Cathy I am here as well as the others cheering you on❤️😉. We can do this.

Hi all had a fab time at pride and I have been enjoying buying some new additions to my wardrobe, all in smaller sizes.

No weight discard but no gain and I am still at my lowest! 14 and a half stone from 18 stone and loving it❤️ 1 and a half stone to go!

Hope you are all well and I am glad to see lots of great posts and discards. Scottishgal great to see you here.

V thinking of you and sending hugs at this hard time. ❤️❤️

Wendy glad your OH is feeling more pain free and able to rest. Night all and see you tomorrow. Birdy🦜💞

• posted by arcticfox
    on

Hi everyone, after a very frustrating July in which I gained 3.5kg instead of losing the 2.5kg that was my goal, I am planning on joining for this month and getting serious about the weight loss. I started the month out with a bang with my long cycle from work, but I have had a bad couple of days since (TMI warning!) as it is my totm and it has been extremely heavy. I had a chat with my mum and she said the never ending cycle of water retention and heavy bleeding was consistent with what she went through during perimenopause, so that could be what is happening with me too. Luckily because it has been the weekend, I’ve just been able to stick very close to home and not do much, as I’ve needed the toilet every hour (I’ve used up 2 loo rolls today alone!). I was doing some reading and it looks like I could lose anywhere from 100-250mg of iron this time, which at a normal body’s standard replacement rate of 1-3mg per day, my chances of gaining it all back in the next month before I lose some more is pretty slim. No wonder I’ve been struggling with my iron levels! Anyway, I’ve upped my supplements for the next few days as my absorption rate should be a bit higher, and then I’ll be concentrating on eating lots of iron rich foods for this month. I’m going to start weighing and tracking my food intake better as well. I may not be able to do a strict 800 calories every day or super low carb (I’m starting to think that really low carb doesn’t really agree with me anyway as my weight loss always seems to stall out when I try it) while I’m concentrating on getting my iron levels up, but maybe I can start with 2 days per week and see how that goes. I’ve got 2 days work in the office this week and then travelling for some meetings and then I’ll be off for a bit of a holiday for 10 days, so hopefully that will reduce my stress levels for this month and give me time to look after myself a bit better. My ultimate weight loss goal is the same number as it was in July, to get under 90kg, but now I need to lose 6kg in order for that to happen. Don’t know if it will be possible, but I’ll give it my best shot. Afterall, I only need to lose aroun 200g per day to make it happen, and I was down 300g this morning already (yes, I know it was just a tiny bit of the water weight that I put on earlier in the week, but I don’t care, a loss is a loss)!
    Best of luck to everyone this month.

on

Well today is the start of my August adventure and the first hurdle was to brave the scales. There were no surprises. I will now aim to lose 20lb before the end of November. My plan going forward is always to be at goal weight on 1st January every year. When I originally did BSD I lost 17.5 lb in the first eight week. I was a lot heavier than I am now so I reckon I can achieve 20lb in the next four months. Day one looks like this…. cold pressed coffee and cream to drink at my desk. Lunch is two hard boiled eggs with mayonnaise. Evening meal is roasted peppers and Halloumi. I have planned to meet a friend at 7pm this evening to do a walk around the local park. Have a good day everyone.

Onwards and downwards! My new mantra a loss is a loss! I’ll take anything as long as it’s not a gain! Come on everyone!

• posted by arcticfox
    on

Registered another 0.4kg gone this morning, so 0.7kg in 2 days. Now to keep it off and to keep going as that still leaves 2.8kg to go to get back to where I started at the beginning of July and 5.3kg to meet my goal for the month. I have the best chance of discarding at the beginning of the month before I start to pile on the water weight again, so giving it my all to try to see weight gone most days this week if possible.

• posted by wendleg
    on

Hello everyone. I think any weight discard I report has to be partly attributable to the stresses of last week but I am hoping to maintain my 2 kilos discard, particularly as I am doing quite a few days of OMAD as if I were at work. I would much rather be at school than in a hospital, though 😉
    I am about 3 kilos from being 70kg ( 11 stone) which would bring me to a nice round discard of 30 kg ( 5 stone) in a year. Not sure how many pounds , sorry !
    I reckon it would be possible to reach that figure by the beginning of September but it will happen later if not. I don’t feel any sense of urgency as I know my approach to food has been transformed and that is now part of me.Nothing will send me back to the bad old carby days.
    Anyone who has doubts about their resolve, believe ! It can be done and you will reach that magic moment when food no longer controls you !! Don’t give up !
    Let’s see what the rest of August brings. xxx

• posted by happyitsworking
    on

Wendleg congrats on the weight discard. I’m so glad to hear that your husband has doing better.
    Thanks for setting up the new week thread.

So far this week I have discard 2.2 lbs.

Hope everyone is having a good day.

• posted by Birdy76
    on

Good evening all I have tried one of my holiday dresses on today and it is a little bigger than when I got it a week ago!😂. I am not too worried as it is not too big and still looks great. I think I am steadily losing cm’s and I am happy with that! I have bought a few bits for my wardrobe as all my old clothes were really too big and I needed stuff that fitted so i could actually see the weight I have discarded. I was told by a couple of friends (whilst wearing old clothes) that they did not do me justice anymore😂. I was very pleased at that as it has spurred me on to try different cuts and not to buy really baggy things! I have never enjoyed buying clothes but this last week has been a lot of fun and I really need to stop now😜. What I don’t want to happen is I get a new wardrobe only to get slimmer and have to buy new again!

I have a stone and a half to go and I will be at my ideal weight for me. With age we have to be careful not to discard too much! I look younger again and I feel so much more healthier and pain free than I have in a very long time.❤️😍. Love this WOE and the support I get from all of you guys. Thank you Birdy💞🦜

• posted by Kafin13
    on

Hi all – as I mentioned over on the weekly thread, today kicks off August for me since I’ve been on the egg fast and was working yesterday in a not BSD conducive environment but I still think I did pretty well. Pat pat Kafin.
    Birdy – you;re amazing and having seen the pics, you look fantastic! You deserve every bit of joy from those new clothes 🐥🐥😍
    Wendy – thinking of you and T and excited for your son to arrive 💕 and how amazing is your discard! 11 stone, I would kill for that!
    Arcticfox – the up and down can be so frustrating can’t it. I hope this is a better month for you, you certainly try very hard!
    Cathy – braving the scales is always tough but good to see where you’re starting from. As I mentioned on EF thread, I will be a slow loser with you.
    Verano – I don’t think you’re around right now while you’re dealing with something but sending you much love
    Violinist 🥇 – 4lbs!!
    Sorry, I know I’ve missed a lot of people but laptop is dying…

• posted by Violinist
    on

Thanks Kafin! I see you are doing quite well yourself.
    Good morning all!
    How did Kafin see pictures of Birdy?
    Happy Monday all!

• posted by arcticfox
    on

After one very attentive 850 calorie day and only 35g of carbs, which is very low for me, I dropped 1.4kg overnight. Clearly showing that the weight gain was largely water as suspected. I’m now 93.9kg, so broke the 94kg mark. Another 1.4kg to go to get back to where I was at the beginning of July and 3.9kg to meet my goal for the month. Planning a higher calorie/carb/iron day today, but may try another 800-ish calories tomorrow to see if I can drop another 0.9kg and make it to the half way point on my goal before the week is out. KOKO everyone!

on

Day 2 of BSD take 2 going well. The usual cold pressed coffee and cream for breakfast. Lunch was egg and cottage cheese with salad, Greek yoghurt and raspberries. Tonight I am going to make quorn chilli and cauliflower rice. Feeling strong and focused. I want this so much. Keep thinking of how good it will feel to be back in control and back feeling and looking better when I lose the excess that has crept on over this year. Not felt hungry today but have had a headache. Going to make some egg muffins to take to work tomorrow with mushrooms and spinach and a little onion topped with cheddar cheese – delicious.

Day 3 tomorrow so hoping to be well into ketosis and to get some of this excess fat burning!

Sending positive vibes to everyone who is trying hard to achieve a good August result.

• posted by alliecat
    on

Hi Cat! (violinist). I’m glad that you are still with us. You haven’t missed anything on the forum regarding photos. Both
    Birdy and Kazz have generously posted an email address for those of us to use who wish to pursue friendships that
    go beyond the purvue of a public support group. We’re all dedicated to the forums, but we skype or email and have
    an established WhatsApp group too. We discuss everything under the sun, but it really has nothing to do with the BSD
    proper. These 2 fabulous women pass on requests, and that’s how we connect off forum.

Articfox, we’re all feeling happy that you are feeling in control again! 🙂 🙂 🙂

• posted by Violinist
    on

Thanks for explaining Allie! That is cool and I wish I had time to participate, but this house building is keeping me active and out of the apartment!

• posted by alliecat
    on

I can imagine, Cat. I hope that you are finding your new contractor easy to work with. Things do get crazy in the
    last month with all those “punch lists” to complete. Keep the faith, you are almost at the finish line 🙂

• posted by Violinist
    on

Good very early morning Allie and anyone around the world already into their day. I think that is cool that we are from everywhere, don’t you?

Allie, you know all the vocabulary of building so you must have gone thru this a time or two.
    CCathy, I have cauliflower mash on my menu this week for the first time. Sounds good and good to see you.
    Articfox, good job!! You too Birdy!!!
    Wendleg and all here, good luck today!
    I hope to get in some walking and swimming

Cat

• posted by arcticfox
    on

Hi all,
    I was the same weight this morning as yesterday morning, which after a higher calorie day yesterday is still pretty good. Nearly 2000 calories and over 19mg of iron. Then I ended up fasting by accident for 17 hours. It was my last day in the office this week and I had a last minute task thrown at me this morning that I had to complete before the end of the day and I had to go out in the field for a few hours at 10am, so I completely forgot to eat breakfast, just had a cup of tea. There was talk about going out for lunch with the colleagues I was out in the field with, so I wasn’t too worried as I thought I would likely be eating too many calories if I had breakfast anyway, so I went without, but then we were delayed in the field and everyone decided that they had too much work to do so wanted to get back to the office instead of going out to eat, so in the end I had my breakfast at 1:30pm! I’m only sitting at 660 calories for the day even after a light evening meal. Just out of curiosity, I weighed myself and I am down 200g from this morning, so it will be interesting to see what I weigh tomorrow morning. It is a warm evening, so I think I will go over to the pool for a bit of a swim and may have some berries and a glass of almond milk once I get home seeing as I have some calorie leeway today. I am travelling tomorrow morning for 4 hours and then working from 2pm to 9pm, so it will be a long day and I’m not sure yet what I’m going to do for food yet.

• posted by Californiagirl
    on

Hi Arctic Fox! It’s interesting, isn’t it — once you get past the first feeling that you think you SHOULD eat, it is not hard to go to 17 hours and from there to 24 hours — especially if you sleep through some of that time!
    I’ve only made it to 24 hours though, so I’m not a fasting expert.
    How is the house/horse/move situation going? I hope it’s all settling into place!

• posted by Birdy76
    on

Hi guys well my August is actually going to plan and I am at 14-3😂😘. I am fasting for the next couple of days to give it a little push in the right direction and fingers are crossed that I am 14 stone by next week😂 we shall see. I only have a stone and 8 lbs to discard and then I will be at my goal I set in April when I started. I have lost nearly 4 stone and I never thought looking back I would get anywhere near the 5 stone I wanted to discard😂😂😘. Here I am though living proof yet again that this woe works!❤️❤️

Thank you to you all for all your continued support ❤️ I adore you all❤️❤️ Wendy, JGwen, Allie, scottishgal, 6T, esnecca, Kazz to name but a few, thank you thank you thank you🥰🥰🥰🥰. I can’t remember everyone and if haven’t mentioned you know I not ignoring you as you all know who you are. You are truly an amazing bunch of people and I am very grateful to you all. Good luck to all for the rest of this month. I am off on my hols on Monday for two weeks but I will check in as I know Wendy will have her beady eye 👁 on me😂😂. I will NOT be eating french bread and pastries, but I will be drinking😂😂. I promise no toffee vodkas though Wendy😂😂😂🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰❤️ Love and hugs Birdy💞🦜

• posted by wendleg
    on

My August is definitely not going to plan but things are settling and will hopefully be more ‘normal’ soon. Hubby leaves hospital tomorrow( Friday ) so he will have been here 10 days. Pain management and healing now and nourishing food !!
    As far as my food is concerned I prepare as much as I can in the morning so I don’t have to start cooking at 9.30pm !! I have been on OMAD since hubby arrived in hopsital. I can’t face breakfast.
    I have no time for excesses of choc and nuts !! See what happens for the rest of the month !

Keep going everyone !

• posted by caronl
    on

Happy holidays Birdy, and *congratulations* on all you have achieved. And thank you for all your contributions to this website over the last four months. Have loved them!

• posted by happyitsworking
    on

Wendleg it must feel good to know that your husband is coming home. Glad to here he’s feeling and doing better.
    Yesterday I had OMAD so I ended up with a 23.5 hour fast. Today ends the first week of August and I had discarded 2.4 lbs. So off to a good start for this month.
    How was everyone’s first week so far?

on

Birdy – what a fantastic weight loss in such a short time, what an inspiration you are to us all. I am back on the wagon this week. I’ve not had a good few months and feel it’s time to get a grip and get going. I have lost 4lb since Monday and I am feeling good about this way of eating. I am a slow loser but that is OK. I will lose the excess I’ve put on over the course of this year- I have steadily been getting heavier and heavier. My size 12 clothes were becoming tight and I have no bigger sizes in my wardrobe- I got rid of everything above a size 12 when I reached my goal in November 2017 so I have to lose weight or have nothing to wear! It is inspiring for new BSDers to read such a positive post and even old timers like me are inspired by your commitment and results, thank you for inspiring us all. I am loving attentively awesome August and am looking forward to whatever the September/October and November thread have in store. I am working hard to “do it by December”.

wendleg- good to hear that your husband is on the mend and soon to be home, can’t beat being home!

Incidentally, I did post earlier but I was blocked by the site! Seemingly the forum spam filter is set super high at the moment and sometimes randomly blocks people. I contacted the techies who kindly reinstated me. I explained that I had been a member of the forum since 2017 and intend to be a part of this forum for some time to come!

Keep going everyone – let’s make August Awesome!

• posted by JGwen
    on

Hi Birdy, well done with your success so far. Your success from following the plan is all down to you, while the forum members can be there with our pom poms celebrating with you and giving gentle nudges as needed its all down to you taking control.

One piece of advice I would give you, try to find a way of carrying something suitably heavy on a regular basis. Just to give you a reminder of how much extra weight you used to carry. For me its 20kg bags of animal feed that I pick up weekly.

I am glad to hear that your hubby is coming home tomorrow Wendy. – Its good that you have the support of your sister and son.

• posted by Birdy76
    on

Cathy thank you for your lovely post and I am happy that it has inspired you❤️ I started thinking I would never do it and I have proved myself wrong! For once I am happy I have😂😂

JGwen I have to lug 15kg bags of dog food as I have to Labrador’s😂. You are right that it has been me that has done it for the most part, but I know I wouldn’t have done it without you guys, especially in the beginning. ❤️❤️

Right off to the first of my last night shifts for a while!

See you all tomorrow. Birdy 🦜💞

Please log in or register to post a reply.