Attentively awesome August

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by ClarinetCathy
    on

Iโ€™ll set up the Seriously Sensible September thread for those of us who wish to continue in our journey together. See you over in the new thread.

• posted by Kafin13
    on

Thanks, Wendy – so many of you have been champions encouraging me along with every discouraging setback and I love you for it xx

• posted by Jennie10
    on

Hi everyone
    Thanks for your support, encouragement and kind words – it was lovely and I really appreciate it xx
    I didn’t realise I sounded so flat yesterday – not what you need in the middle of a celebration! I was definitely irritated with myself for not reaching my August target of 10,000 steps a day.
    I think perhaps I hadn’t quite got the target right for how things are at the moment – a lot of family commitments which mean being away from home and/or my routines being frequently upended. But also, I had my annual diabetes check this week (feet, eyes, etc). It reminded me I need to keep my focus on my Type II diabetes. I’ve never really related my exercise/physical activity routine to my Type II other than generally. So I’m going to spend some time working out how the exercise I do impacts on my diabetes – and how I can measure that – for me the fun bit!
    Other than that, everything BSD-wise is pretty good. I’m a pound below my initial goal weight (9st 6lb). I’ll probably go lower at some point but want to stabilise for a bit. I’m exercising when I’m at home and most importantly, my Hba1c is still in the normal range. I can’t So, it’s all good.
    I haven’t really got a meaningful target for September so I won’t join the thread but I’ll definitely still be posting and cheering everyone on. Thanks again for the support.
    Jennie xx

pending goal and my

• posted by Kafin13
    on

My final post for Attentively Awesome August before I flip over to September and add my goals/wishes/dreams ๐Ÿ˜.
    I like that you’re focusing on a bit of research, Jennie and being a pound below goal weight sounds like a dream to me! Congrats on keeping your Hba1c in the normal range ๐Ÿ‘
    I have ended up with a 6.8lb (3.09kg – the 09 is crucial to add!) discard for August which makes me so happy as many of you know I have been stuck at the same weight for 4 plus months despite doing everything according to plan. I can’t honestly say what worked which is a little frustrating as I started out being super strict with macros and 800 cals (removed all nuts and cheese) and then work happened so I was eating good food at catering but probably more than I needed, yet running around and sweating all over the place. I really tried to approach this month from a serious research perspective, but my body said to hell with your research principles, I’m a unicorn and I do what I want. So my charts and graphs look like toddler scribbles. Still going to submit them for publication to all major medical journals though ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿฆ„
    See you all in September!!

• posted by ClarinetCathy
    on

Kafin- RESULT! Awesome loss for August!!! No more ๐Ÿข for you either. Onwards and downwards! See you on the September thread.

Please log in or register to post a reply.