Another Newbie

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Tonebalone
    on

Hi All.
    I am just wondering how everyone is getting aling with this alternative low carb way of eating?
    I am into my second week, having lost 4pounds in the first week and then I seem to be stuck this week.
    Though I have been going to the gym more, muscle being heavier than fat etc.
    Perhaps focusing on weight isn’t the right way forward??
    By the way I am a 44 yr old male, startingvweight 16.5 stone, currently 16.1.
    One thing I have noticed is I feel pretty tired and hungry and it’s msking my mood a bit flat.
    Is anyone else experiencing similar symptoms?
    I do plan on doing the 2 month fast through October-November, but I am having to build up to it as 800 calories is so few that I know I feel like am starving!!

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Welcome Tonebalone – It’s not unusual for weight loss to stall in weeks 2/3, but it will kick in again, so stick with the low carbs and it will happen. Weight loss is not linear, so there will be periods of no loss and even unexpected small gains, but overall you should see your weight tracking downwards.

You’ve not give much to go on re: you current calorie and carb intake, whether you are hydrating well or including plenty of good fats, so it’s not easy to give any real advice on that front. However, 800 calories is completely doable and believe it or not, the body will adjust to it and providing carbs are low, the hunger pangs will drastically diminish and even become something of a rarity.

At present your body is in a period of adjustment, so fatigue, hunger pangs etc. are not unusual as it settles into the new regime and it will be missing the carbs, which explains the hunger you’re experiencing at the moment. It may take another week or so for your body to get used to things, so ride out this period if you can. I’d suggest maybe easing up a little on the gym sessions, until your body is adjusted.

Make good use of the forum, as it’s a wonderful resource, with a wealth of wisdom, knowledge, support and encouragement available to you. Join any other threads you feel are relevant to you and I’m sure you will get a warm welcome. Best wishes to you see results again soon.

• posted by CHUNKY
    on

Hi Everyone,

After watching Michael Mosely on the television last night, I purchased the BSD books today ready to embark on this life changing journey. Although I eat seafood, I also wondered if there were any other members following the BSD Plan who were vegetarian?

Chunky

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Hi Chunky, welcome and congrats on taking this life changing decision. Yes, there are other vegetarians and if you do a search using the box in the top right hand corner of the page, it will bring up threads and posts relevant to the subject. I know other vegetarians are successfully doing the BSD and I’m sure you will be another. Best wishes for every success and we’ll look forward to reading of your progress.

• posted by JGwen
    on

Hi Chunky, I am a vegetarian. I have been on this Way of Eating (WoE) since last October. Am down 90lbs, which has taken me back to the weight and shape I have been most of my Adult life. But its not even remotely bikini wearing shape which is my next aim.

• posted by CHUNKY
    on

Hi Everyone,

Thank you for your replies. They certainly have been very encouraging.

Would someone also care to enlighten me as to what creme fraiche is and where I might be able to purchase it? I am from Perth, Western Australia.

Chunky

• posted by alliecat
    on

Chunky, have a google on “what is creme fraiche called in Australia”. Lots of information there!

• posted by Oea
    on

Creme fraiche is in Coles and woolies in wa. In the dairy section between yoghurt and cream. About $4.

• posted by CHUNKY
    on

Thank you for the feedback regarding the creme fraiche. I will have another look in Coles and Woolworths and hopefully this time will have more luck.

Chunky

Please log in or register to post a reply.